PDA

View Full Version : how would you make aquaman

FabulousFizban
2014-06-12, 12:39 AM
just what it says. how would you make aquaman in either pathfinder or 3.5?

the character would need to have superhuman strength & durability, hydrokenesis, animal empathy, & a swim speed.

outrageous!

FabulousFizban
2014-06-12, 12:54 AM
i'm thinking an undine or gillmen druid

Xerlith
2014-06-12, 01:24 AM
I would say that a Human Shapeshift ACF Druid5/Stormlord2/Wavekeeper10/Stormlord3 does all Aquaman does.

acester86
2014-06-12, 03:04 PM
i would do some sort of hybrid sea base creature or maybe aquatic elf, then do a druid for a class. Then do a focus on spell caster rather than shifter.

eggynack
2014-06-12, 03:16 PM
You really don't need anything besides druid, at least by a certain level. By the time you hit level five, you can reasonably keep up heart of water for most of the day, allowing any form to be your crazy aquatic form, or allowing your standard form to be that. By level six, the standard form becomes obviously unnecessary, cause natural spell, so crazy forms of any variety+spell casting. You can up durability pretty easily by using standard AC boosting tactics, including luminous armor, high AC forms, and a monk's belt, and you can also boost constitution pretty well. There's always the dragonborn desert half-orc plan laying around, if you want to run insane HP, but any of the standard druid races will run fine with this.

As for hydrokinesis, the druid has one of he better water use lists in the game, ranging from create water to wall of water to flowsight, and everything in between (and above). You can even summon water elementals, and maybe add cold spells to the repertoire, cause it kinda fits the theme. You'd probably get more of that kinda spell than you need in that fashion. That seems to cover the whole list reasonably well. Can't really get much better than a druid if Aquaman is what you seek.