Dex 14
Con 14 +2 DD
Int 12
Wis 8
Cha 18 +2 Headband

Saves: Refl 8, Will 9, Fort 10

Attacks: +15 Bite, +15 Claw, +15 mwk Falchion

Spells:
0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Message, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Arcane Mark, Ghost Sound
1: Mage Armor, Shield, Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp, Magic Missile, Ray of Enfeeblement (DC 16)
2: Resist Energy, Mirror Images, See Invisibility, Scorching Ray (+8), Glitterdust (DC 17)
3: Fly, Fireball (DC 18), Haste, Heroism
4: Fear (DC 19), Improved Invisibility, Enervation

Feats:
1. Combat Casting
3. Skill Focus Know Planes
5. Eldritch Heritage (Abyssal)
7. Skill Focus Perception
7d. Toughness
9. Spell Penetration
10d. Improved Initiative
11. Improved Eldritch Heritage (Abyssal)

Traits:
Magical Knack
Reactionary

Skills: Fly 14 (9),Know Arcane 9 (5) Know Planes 12 (5), Perception 19 (11), Spellcraft 10 (6)

Our group consists of currently: A Con invested Barbarian w/o Pounce, a Fire Sorcerer with decent but not great spell selection, a Witch as only source of healing, an "god wizard" and me. So in the current game I'd be a "flanking buddy" or second melee. As the AC of the barbarian often reaches single digits (she wears a leather armor and nothing else protective) I am about as resilient as her with my increased HP and AC.

Is my spell selection and my build up to the task set before me? I hit melee type monsters and creatures with spells and I hit casters with my weapons. However I fear that the "gish" type combat (buffing up and meleeing) will get increasingly better. Should I toss some Sorcerer levels? I would love to get Paladin levels but my character acts evil and works for an CE ancient dragon.

Arc_knight25
2014-06-12, 07:44 AM
Seems good to me.

If your going to focus on Melee, then i suggest at least getting to level 6 spells (Thats were the Magus caps out so seem like a good place to stop as well)

Everything looks good, your really going to the CE line, so why not take Anitpaladin if you want those Paladin levels? Just need to be CE and from the sounds of it your there.

Once your into Antipaladin, your HP, BAB will be better, and you'll be getting your CHA to Saves which will help quite a bit.

Spore
2014-06-12, 08:16 AM
Everything looks good, your really going to the CE line, so why not take Anitpaladin if you want those Paladin levels?

My character is written like he would never derivate from Dragon Disciple until it's maxed out since he hopes to become an immortal dragon. Secondly we're trying to prevent an apocalypse, mass genocide and the fall of a god (albeit not good, he is no inhabitant of the lower planes). If you're taking the Antipaladin seriously he should instantly turn against his group, smite the good wizard.

If presented with the option to tyrannize the enemy kingdom they have defeated, but saved, he certainly would try to rule with an iron grip. But until then AP or Paladin is no viable character choice imho.

Corlindale
2014-06-12, 08:22 AM
Seems like a solid build.

I would suggest looking into polymorph spells for melee at higher levels. Especially Form of the Dragon X - it fits EXTREMELY well fluffwise, it allows you to retain spellcasting powers and it gives you a ton of natural attacks and a huge strength buff on top of that. Should help you stay competitive in melee, even if you don't take any martial levels.

avr
2014-06-12, 08:36 AM
Given your role stoneskin seems likely to be more useful than enervation by quite a bit. You can cast it well in advance unlike greater invisibility which needs to be cast in combat.

Actually, if you made that swap would you consider dropping greater invis and getting telekinetic charge? Good for diving into combat (yourself or the barbarian; there won't always be a clear line of charge) or for getting people out of it.

Spore
2014-06-12, 10:01 AM
Seems like a solid build.

I would suggest looking into polymorph spells for melee at higher levels. Especially Form of the Dragon X - it fits EXTREMELY well fluffwise, it allows you to retain spellcasting powers and it gives you a ton of natural attacks and a huge strength buff on top of that. Should help you stay competitive in melee, even if you don't take any martial levels.

Correct. I am looking forward to those. If my character wouldn't have been so proud of his heritage, i'd use the monstrous physique spells as well.

Given your role stoneskin seems likely to be more useful than enervation by quite a bit. You can cast it well in advance unlike greater invisibility which needs to be cast in combat.

Actually, if you made that swap would you consider dropping greater invis and getting telekinetic charge? Good for diving into combat (yourself or the barbarian; there won't always be a clear line of charge) or for getting people out of it.

Stoneskin was my first choice but it seems expensive. Not as bad as rolling another character though.

As for Telekinetic Charge: That spell ... is odd. I had Greater Invis. for our rogue and I see the immediate benefit. As for telekinetic charge: I have one character who loves classic fighting. Another player plays all his characters as stupid superstitious imbeciles. You have to actually convince them to not roll Will saves against beneficial spells... All others are fine but those characters can largely fly anyway.

I am torn: On one side it may be very cool to lift the Fire sorcerer up on a building to rain firey doom upon the enemies or throw the barbarian into the melee. On the other side people might be pissy about the "my character could've done without your help" thing. Oddly enough they never refuse healing after fights. :)

Arc_knight25
2014-06-12, 10:11 AM
My character is written like he would never derivate from Dragon Disciple until it's maxed out since he hopes to become an immortal dragon. Secondly we're trying to prevent an apocalypse, mass genocide and the fall of a god (albeit not good, he is no inhabitant of the lower planes). If you're taking the Antipaladin seriously he should instantly turn against his group, smite the good wizard.

If presented with the option to tyrannize the enemy kingdom they have defeated, but saved, he certainly would try to rule with an iron grip. But until then AP or Paladin is no viable character choice imho.

I just noted your a Red Draconic Sorcerer/DD (Red Dragons tend to be CE) as well as taking the Eldrich Heritage(Abyssal) feat. Since the Abyssal line is of Demon's(again CE)

Your in the employment of a Red dragon. I see no reason why not to go into it once your done in DD. So long as your not Chaotic stupid, you can plan for the backstab...or offer an olive branch to your party as you become the tyrantical leader you know you can be.

It was you that brought up the Paladin levels, I'm just merely suggesting a way while keeping what I hope is close to the theme of your character.

What is your alignment? You just said he acts evil.

I went looking for another prestige class that may fit, but couldn't find one.

Spore
2014-06-12, 10:14 AM
What is your alignment? You just said he acts evil.

Hard to say: My DM let's me adjust my alignment. And at the moment I want to preserve the status quo (ancient dragon reigning over the north) and possibly rule over some parts of the new land pulled from the enemy.

But all in all I'd say LE.

e: Okay, if my DM allows me the feat experimental word caster, I will get the Change Word: Bestial Form (+4 size to Str, +4 nat AC, Pounce and a third ability) as well as the Fire Blast and Sound Blast words.

This way I can emulate a primal dragon, shape my blasts to fit my needs more precisely and deal sonic damage with a fourth level slot.

Spore
2014-06-17, 08:33 AM
I've thought about some changes. Orc/Dragon Crossblooded Sorcerer 7/Dragon Disciple 4, still full sorcerer. Claws, Draconic Resistances, Strength of the Beast and Wings chosen. The build will result in +19 claws for 1w6+16 plus 1w6 fire and +19 bite for 1w8 + 26 + 1w6. I have to cast one buff infight for that (Monstrous Form Word of Power).

Along with my spell selection and bloodlines I hope I have captured the destructive power of a red wyrm. Hits like a truck, is capable of (actual better than dragon) flight and where his fireballs (refluffed as breath naturally) lands no one survives.

Main problem is that I will lack hitpoints until I hit Dragon Disciple 6 again. This takes me down to 86 HP (from 103). I hope this isn't an issue when sporting DR 10/Adamantine, AC of 26. Should I change Mirror Image for False Life? Having 11-21 temp. HP seems worth it more than casting MI infight.

Also exchanged Eldritch Heritage (I honestly have no fluff explanation for Abyssal claws) for Words of Power (tapping into a more primal magic - Skyrim anyone?). This freed up some feat choices. Power Attack and Arcane Strike for free extra damage (buffing my damage when Power Attack is no option). This also opens the window for "cinderstorm" fireballs with flexible area of effect using 5th level slots.

My opinion about PA is still divided on a character with that low BAB. But the penalty also decreases so oh well. :)

Str 16 +4 DD +4 Belt +4 Orc Bloodline
Dex 14
Con 14
Int 12
Wis 8
Cha 18 +2 Headband

Saves: Refl 8, Will 9, Fort 9

Init: +8, Perception +19

Attacks: +16 Bite, +16 Claws, +16 mwk Falchion (or +21 with Heroism, Monstrous Form)

AC: 26 (+4 armor, +6 natural, +4 shield, +2 dex)

Spells:
0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Message, Light, Prestidigitation, Arcane Mark, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1: Mage Armor, Shield, Enlarge Person, Magic Missile, Ray of Enfeeblement (DC 16)
2: Resist Energy, False Life, See Invisibility, Scorching Ray (+8)
3: Fly, Fireball (DC 18), Heroism
4: Fear (DC 19), Stone Skin
5: Monstrous Form

Feats:
1. Combat Casting
3. Skill Focus Perception
5. Arcane Strike
7. Power Attack
7d. Toughness
9. Spell Penetration
10d. Improved Initiative
11. Experimental Spellcaster (Monstrous Form)

Traits:
Magical Knack
Reactionary

Skills: Fly 14 (9), Know Arcane 14 (10), Perception 19 (11), Spellcraft 10 (6)