PDA

View Full Version : Barry Ween, Boy Genius

Tekren
2007-02-21, 11:31 PM
Friend showed me this the other day, kinda old book.

But it turns out it was written by Judd Winick, so I had to read it.

HILARIOUS:smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: !

I've never seen such foul language come from such small characters, and the plot is hilarious too.

Anyone else seen this or read it? Think I'm crazy? Tell me!

starwoof
2007-02-22, 12:35 AM
I haven't read that in years! My friend showed it to me a few years ago. Its a great comic. How much of it have your read? (I can barely remember what happens, except a chainmail bikini, dating a sasquatch, and taking apart the Atari). :smallsmile:

Tekren
2007-02-22, 08:10 PM
The first four trade paperbacks... are there more? I can't seem to find any.

Best moment for me is probably Barry's description of his friend Jeremy when he was five years old.

"He was like a hummingbird on crack."

agentx42
2007-02-23, 12:04 PM
It's been years since he's done BW, having been busy writing for DC Comics and producing "Juniper Lee" for Cartoon Network. Will he come back? Winick's said he'd like to, but there only so many hours in the day. Still, I keep holding out hope, especially after Monkey Tales.

elliott20
2007-02-23, 12:06 PM
I did not like Juniper Lee. But then again, I hate most CN takes on Asian superheroes. They seem to think that all Asian superheroes must have some kind of Ancient Mystical Voodoo Mojo or something. It just smacks too much of the whole "Oriental Mysticism".

I mean for god sake, you don't see Captain American sporting a Minute Man uniform. (Except in some Alternate universe storyline where the timeline was set during the civil war era)

Nightwing
2007-02-26, 08:47 PM
I don't care what any of you say Judd is a horrible writer.