PDA

View Full Version : Player Help craven and swordsage

eternal
2014-06-12, 06:35 AM
So I'm in two campaigns one as a druid and I'm starting a second one as a swordsage. I came across the feat craven, which is awesome except that swordsages don't natural get sneak attacks like a rogue. However, they get stances as a class feature which one of them allows sneak attack.

Could there be an argument for craven and swordsage?

I'm brand new to this so I could be reading more than is there.

Muggins
2014-06-12, 06:52 AM
The common reading of using temporary abilities to qualify for feats and prestige classes goes something like this:
Craven requires Sneak Attack.
While in Assassin's Stance, a character gains 2d6 Sneak Attack.
While in Assassin's Stance, you qualify for Craven and receive its benefits.
If you ever leave Assassin's Stance, you lose the benefits of Craven because you no longer qualify for the feat.

eternal
2014-06-12, 07:17 AM
The common reading of using temporary abilities to qualify for feats and prestige classes goes something like this:
Craven requires Sneak Attack.
While in Assassin's Stance, a character gains 2d6 Sneak Attack.
While in Assassin's Stance, you qualify for Craven and receive its benefits.
If you ever leave Assassin's Stance, you lose the benefits of Craven because you no longer qualify for the feat.
That's pretty much what I thought. Thanks!

prufock
2014-06-12, 07:47 AM
By strict technical RAW, I don't think you qualify. Craven requires the sneak attack class feature, while assassin's stance does not grant the sneak attack class feature, it grants the sneak attack ability, but that's pedantic reading, and I'd say most DMs wouldn't have a problem allowing it.

Muggins
2014-06-12, 08:36 AM
Good catch Prufock. By RAW, it wouldn't qualify since you're not gaining it as a class feature. YMMV.