PDA

View Full Version : Does Mythnal from Silverymoon bars Good align drow from entering

Suzaku
2007-02-22, 01:48 AM
Aside from gate guards people seem to say that the wards protect anyone regardless of their alignment is barred from entering, while others claim the opposite. Which side is true?

Caelestion
2007-02-22, 05:44 AM
If all drow are banned from Silverymoon, that means all drow. I seem to recall that Alustriel had to personally invite Drizzt to vist her.

Dark Knight Renee
2007-02-22, 07:52 AM
Actually, from game mechanics I've seen, only evil drow are barred from entry. I believe the ward was stated in Lost Empires of Faerun as an example Mythal (also stated in Silver Marches, but that's 3.0). The spell effect barring them blocks creatures of any of the three evil alignments, and is keyed to only apply to certain races (including drow). Thus, a non-evil drow would not be affected.

Now, this does not mean city policy allows drow inside without special exceptions, but it does mean the wards only block evil drow. Mind, it's your game and you can jump either way on the issue, this is just what the LEoF books has to say on the matter.

Thomas
2007-02-22, 07:59 AM
Actually, yeah, Renee is correct; to quote:

Antipathy (against lawful evil, neutral evil, and chaotic evil creatures, keyed to demonds, devils, drow, duergar, giants, goblinoids, mind flayers, orcs, and trolls)

So the wards block evil-aligned creatures of those races only, and non-evil creatures of those races can pass.