PDA

View Full Version : Constructs, making them for others or selling them

Azraile
2014-06-12, 10:15 PM
Is there a way in the system to change the 'creator' functions to an owner other than the creator.

Linking them telepathically to a new master.

They have no will of there own, I don't see why that if there master tells them to obey some one else, and imbunes the proper spells, it can't be some one elses constructs (with ofcrose the inablity to attack it's creator and still listening to them over the new master... >.> )

ace rooster
2014-06-13, 07:06 AM
You say "follow commands from that guy", and point. It will still listen to you primarily, but could be sold fine. I created a character that did precisesly what you are saying, (a dwarf effigy master arms dealer) who kept it a closely guarded secret that he could take command of his creations (They ignored commands from him without a special prefix in draconic).

I don't know how you would create a telepathic link, other than a permenent telepathic bond (which would not work on golems), but the creator has no such link anyway. The creator has no special connection to the construct beyond 'administrator access'.

Segev
2014-06-13, 07:49 AM
The Shield Guardian (MM III, I think) is a construct that has a control amulet; give the amulet to the new master, and it's theirs as much as it used to be yours.

Azraile
2014-06-13, 01:07 PM
There a fair number with telepathic link listed, and it says 'telepathic link' incresses the telepathic link they normaly have to 1 mile / level

Also a lot of the upgrades are worded to the creator..... like the creator being able to see through it's eyes, and it turning into armor or a shield on the creator....