PDA

View Full Version : New Webcomic (About a month or so at the time of this posting.) Geeks & Goblins.

Lord_Nitekon
2014-06-13, 12:19 PM
Greetings,

This is the first time I have posted on this forum or any forum for that matter on behalf of the comic I am currently the illustrator of. Geeks & Goblins is a web comic based on various role playing games. Now we don't specify which one only because we are not officially tied to any of them, but I'm sure you can guess which ones we play by how the players speak. The comic itself is shown solely through the eyes of the characters who interact with the Text Boxes which represent the GM, who we call Jim. The characters are Anorra the Human Paladin played by Anna, Gillyfizz Windlegump "Gil" the Gnome Mage played by Pete, Human Cleric Otto played by Shane, Gondur the Dwarven Fighter played by Darren, and the Half-Elf Aaleonis played by Frank. Each characters has a Character name and player name as the conversations between them are both OOC and IC. We would like to invite you to come share the journey of our characters and enjoy the story as it unrolls over time.

We update every Sunday at midnight.

We can be visited at http://www.geeksngoblins.com or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/geeksngoblins

Domochevsky
2014-06-13, 01:00 PM
So... how do you actually navigate this comic? There are no forward/back buttons or anything else that lets you get from one page to the other. >_>

Lord_Nitekon
2014-06-13, 01:07 PM
We are actually working on a revamp of the site. Not sure when it's gonna roll out. In the meantime there is a link right above the image on the front page that says Click Here to view from the Beginning. That leads to our Archive page. It does this neat little flippy thing and looks like a comic book. But if you click on it it enlarges and there are arrows up at the top right corner. You wouldn't believe how often this comes up which is one of the reasons for the revamp.

Domochevsky
2014-06-13, 01:31 PM
I'd totally believe it. :smallwink:

However, clicking on that link does lead me to the total archive overview, where the comics are aranged in one long line all the way down to the current page. Makes it easy to read, no doubt, but is probably not intended. I suspect your flippy thing is javascript based which is why it doesn't work for me.

Make sure whatever you do next has basic html/php functions, in that case. Javascript is for enhancements, not basics. :smallsmile:

Lord_Nitekon
2014-06-13, 01:51 PM
We will, our webmaster is just having to learn how to use the new layout functions. We will be using comicpress.org soon hopefully. All new graphics for the site and everything. Thank you for your input.

russdm
2014-06-18, 01:33 AM
Has this webcomic appeared before? Because I recall reading one like it that started with the party entering a frozen tomb place and fighting things, plus there was 5 characters and it was very similar to what is already here.

Lord_Nitekon
2014-06-18, 09:32 AM
I don't believe it has. Our writer came up with the idea when it snowed like crazy right at the end of winter where we are. If it has been done before it is completely unintentional I'm sure.

danelsan
2014-06-21, 10:03 PM
Has this webcomic appeared before? Because I recall reading one like it that started with the party entering a frozen tomb place and fighting things, plus there was 5 characters and it was very similar to what is already here.

I lost interest in both a long time ago so I don't recall for sure, but I think either Weregeek or D20Monkey had something like that at some point.

Lord_Nitekon
2014-06-23, 12:28 PM
We just released a new page yesterday to anyone who is interested in reading the comic. We find out that Frank/Aaleonis is a fanboy.

Lord_Nitekon
2014-07-03, 01:13 PM
I just enjoy letting you know. We posted a new page Sunday. New one will go up this coming Sunday. With a special 4th of July comic on our facebook page at www.facebook.com/geeksngoblins We hope you are enjoying the page. I enjoy drawing it very much.

Frecus
2014-07-03, 03:36 PM

Red Dragon Inn perhaps? It stopped shortly after the adventure where some guys fought a group of frozen zombie monks.
A more realistic drawing style but otherwise quite similar.

Anyway, nice comic! I'll be following this one...

Frecus
The glade wanderer
Madwarrior

Lord_Nitekon
2014-07-04, 10:43 PM
Red Dragon Inn perhaps? It stopped shortly after the adventure where some guys fought a group of frozen zombie monks.
A more realistic drawing style but otherwise quite similar.

Anyway, nice comic! I'll be following this one...

Frecus
The glade wanderer
Madwarrior

Thank you. We are starting a special Side Quests page on the website. We had a special Fourth of July comic for our American readers on our Facebook page. www.facebook.com/geeksngoblins I hope to continue to improve the art as I go along this is very much a learning experience I have never done this much sequential art before and am having so much fun with it. If you'd like you can also view my art that doesn't have to do with the comic at lordnitekon.deviantart.com (warning some of it NSFW). Thank you all for your support.

Lord Nitekon
Illustrator Geeks & Goblins
Captain of the Airship Spirit of the Storm (I just like this title too.)