PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Magic of Incarnum: Lifebond Vestments, can you heal me now?

Corronchilejano
2014-06-13, 01:37 PM
So, Lifebond Vestments, pretty cool right... ? Of course not, I'm being facetious.

Can I also heal myself (once per hour) with them? It says a living creature, so I'd suppose I heal myself and depending on what the DM says, I may or may not receive damage after healing (rather, it's more like a sum game since it happens at the same time? I dunno)

Gildedragon
2014-06-13, 01:48 PM
Assuming the DM rules it works on yourself (dubious as it states "...you can channel your own life force to heal others"), but assuming you can
the effect is you simultaneously heal yourself and take the damage (minimum 1) so unless you're investing some E into the bind it does nothing for self healing.

Corronchilejano
2014-06-13, 01:49 PM
Well, I only take half the damage I heal, so I'd guess that at least once per hour I can heal half of what I'm supposed to heal.

Nightraiderx
2014-06-13, 01:54 PM
Combo it with the paladrons that augment healing effects based on the essentia put in it to get alittle more oomph out of it.

Corronchilejano
2014-06-13, 02:11 PM
Maybe, but what I'd like to know is if there's really anything, anywhere, that states that I cannot heal myself, or if you've used it yourselves, how you've ruled its use.

Gildedragon
2014-06-13, 02:24 PM
Maybe, but what I'd like to know is if there's really anything, anywhere, that states that I cannot heal myself, or if you've used it yourselves, how you've ruled its use.

It does say in the table "Heal another by taking damage" (MoI, 54, emphasis mine) and in the text "While wearing the lifebond vestments, you can channel your own life force to heal others" (MoI, 76, emphasis mine)
This would point to self healing not being possible.

Corronchilejano
2014-06-13, 02:46 PM
You are absolutely right, thanks.