PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Waving race prerequisite for able learner

Arael666
2014-06-13, 04:52 PM
So, what you guys think? The rogue in my party wants to build a rogue/Swashbuckler with the daring outlaw feat. He also asked me if he could get the able learner feat, since he is a whisper Gnome I said "no", but in reality I want to let him grab the feat, given the party composition:

1 - Water Orc Half Minotaur Lion Toten Barbarian 1/ Fighter 1 (plans to go into Frenzied Berserker). His feats so far are: Power Attack, Combat Reflexes, Large and in Charge and Cleave.

2 - Human Half Minotaur Crusader 2. His feats so far are: Combat Reflexes, Extra Granted Maneuver, Stand Still and Exotic Weapon Proficiency (spiked chain)

3 - Desert Kobold Wizard 3 (specialized in enchantment). His feats so far are: Spell Focus (enchantment), Tatoo Focus (enchantment), Spellcasting Prodigy, Dragonwrought.

4 - Lesser Aasimar Cleric 3. His feats so far are: Extend Spell (domain), Weapon Focus (domain), Persist Spell, Reach Spell, Divine Metamagic (persist), Spell Focus (enchantment).

5 - Whisper Gnome Druid 3. His feats so far are: Spell Focus Conjuration, Augment Summoning, Ashbound Summoning and Greenbound Summoning.

I really don't think it will have bad repercussions, and I'm almost saying yes, but I would like to have some other insights on this as well.

WesleyVos
2014-06-13, 05:06 PM
Considering that he's already one of the weakest builds in the party, I doubt it would hurt to allow it.

Dunditschia
2014-06-13, 05:30 PM
Don't see how that would hurt anyone, humans are already one of the most powerful races, the feat being exclusive to them is mainly because the fluff fits nicely. You do seem to be using flaws, which makes humans a bit less unique (because anyone can get 2 extra feats for small penalties). Still, a rogue/swashbuckler is much weaker than a dragonwrought kobold, a DMM persist cleric or a druid, even with able learner.

Arael666
2014-06-13, 05:44 PM
Thanks guys, I just needed to know for sure.

deuxhero
2014-06-13, 05:57 PM
Just going to further support the idea to let him. Humans already have enough going for them, it's a tax of a feat anyways and while daring outlaw is competent as a build, everything else in your party outclasses.

Firechanter
2014-06-13, 06:22 PM
How about going even further, and nixing the need for Able Learner altogether, by allowing everyone to buy 1 rank for 1 skill point, always? Regular skill caps may remain in place.

Arael666
2014-06-13, 06:27 PM
How about going even further, and nixing the need for Able Learner altogether, by allowing everyone to buy 1 rank for 1 skill point, always? Regular skill caps may remain in place.

Seems like an unecessary buff to the others, also, I alredy gave them more 8 skillpoints at 1st level and 2 more per level.