PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 bard paladin team up

carrdrivesyou
2014-06-13, 08:20 PM
New campaign. I get to manage two characters. I decided on bard and paladin. Bard starts at sixth level and the paladin starts at fourth. Need some creative ideas to show the stereotypical lawful stupid pally and the the ever so useless in combat bard. These characters are for a comical campaign.

atemu1234
2014-06-13, 08:49 PM
To have them be forced to work together, make them be brothers or something, or the bard is the son of a noble family and the paladin is his vassal, and bound to him. The Bard should be chaotic good so they can at least agree on the good. The disagreement should be less based on which action to take (as neutral versus good would normally do) but on methods. The Paladin would want to legally go after the evil person, but the bard would be willing to steal stuff for evidence if the need be. The paladin would want to kill the lich, and so would the bard. But the bard would want to kill him silently, maybe getting rogues to sneak attack him, while the paladin wants to mirandize him and then kill him.

Gildedragon
2014-06-13, 08:56 PM
Buddy cops:

Pally is by the books, bard is more freeform investigator. Together they serve the common good.

Angelalex242
2014-06-13, 08:59 PM
Don't start them at different levels. The Bard is already a Tier 3 class vs. the Tier 5 Paladin.

Red Fel
2014-06-13, 08:59 PM
New campaign. I get to manage two characters. I decided on bard and paladin. Bard starts at sixth level and the paladin starts at fourth. Need some creative ideas to show the stereotypical lawful stupid pally and the the ever so useless in combat bard. These characters are for a comical campaign.

Four words: Buddy Cop Action Comedy.

Movie voice follows.

He's a no-nonsense Paladin with a tragic past and a chip on his shoulder who plays it by the book. He's a laid-back Bard with one eye on the ladies and the other on his bottom line. Together, they fight crime (http://theyfightcrime.net/).

Scene I, police station, int.

CHIEF: Elgee, Ceege, get your butts in here, pronto!

CEEGE (Bard): What's the problem, chief?

CHIEF: The problem is that you burned down an orphanage!

CEEGE: To be fair, it was just one orphanage -

CHIEF: It was the third this week!

CEEGE - and it was empty -

CHIEF: Because you convinced the occupants it was inhabited by demons, and they fled in terror! Elgee, don't you have anything to say?

ELGEE (Paladin): ... The children were assembling in front of the orphanage for extended periods each afternoon. Loitering is a violation of subsection 457.2 of the city ordinances. They won't loiter in front of that orphanage again.

CHIEF: Because there is no more orphanage! Ugh... This is your last warning, you two. One more outburst like this and I'll have your badges!

*Cue action sequence and opening titles*

Basically follow every Buddy Cop trope and you're set.