PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Help me make Ike [3.5]

Teapot Salty
2014-06-13, 10:31 PM
Hey guys. Who can deny, Ike is awesome. So I want to make a character based on him, ok. Power attack, check, two hander, check, what... I'm out of ideas, what can I do to make him more than the classic two-hander fighter? Classes, feats, skills, stats. If your getting your stats that you want to base him on from fire emblem or ssbb, I don't care, we'll try to have both. No more than three base classes and one prestige. (two if only one base class) Thanks, and as always, go nuts.

kardar233
2014-06-13, 10:39 PM
I haven't played Fire Emblem, so this will have to be based on his appearance in Brawl.

Ike screams Warblade to me. With a focus on Tiger Claw and Iron Heart you can represent his impressive durability as well as his signature Aether jumping-spinning-death-attack. Eruption is the only part of it that doesn't quite fit, but some of the Desert Wind maneuvers could match it and they're easily grabbed through Martial Study.

If ToB isn't allowed, then you're probably looking at a standard Leap Attack/Shock Trooper THF Fighter.

asnys
2014-06-13, 10:53 PM
Darn it, when I saw the thread title I thought you were talking about Dwight Eisenhower.

Pinkie Pyro
2014-06-14, 01:42 AM
high DR to emulate his high def(2 levels of martial monk to get damage reduction epic feat is a good start, if you ask me, but after that you just have to roll with it. (http://dndtools.eu/feats/savage-species--47/roll-with-it--2468/)),

ring of eternal Swift haste to emulate his high speed+skill,

a weapon with X3 crit damage, though i can't find a sword to do it, he can use an axe in radiant dawn. (or just ask if you can get a spear in stats but call it a bastard sword?)

aether: high ranks in jump for the flair, battle jump to do double damage, emerald razor to ignore armor, and revitalizing strike to heal. (not sure how you can activate them both at once, though)

ragnell: refluff throwing+returning to do the wind cutting thing, and throw in 12,000 GP to give it the "shirt of resiliance (DR 3/magic)" ability. not sure how to make it unbreakable, though.

huge Ike fan here too. Wondering why I haven't tried making him in dnd before :P

Snowbluff
2014-06-14, 01:56 AM
high DR to emulate his high def(2 levels of martial monk to get damage reduction epic feat is a good start, if you ask me), That doesn't work that way. Maybe make him a mineral warrior?

a weapon with X3 crit damage, though i can't find a sword to do it, he can use an axe in radiant dawn. (or just ask if you can get a spear in stats but call it a bastard sword?) Kaorti Resin for x4 crit?

aether: high ranks in jump for the flair, battle jump to do double damage, emerald razor to ignore armor, and revitalizing strike to heal. (not sure how you can activate them both at once, though) Maybe a Wrathful healing weapon?

ragnell: refluff throwing+returning to do the wind cutting thing, and throw in 12,000 GP to give it the "shirt of resiliance (DR 3/magic)" ability. not sure how to make it unbreakable, though.

How about that material that rebuilds itself after being sundered and/or a dozen castings of hardening or whatever.

Pinkie Pyro
2014-06-14, 02:18 AM
Kaorti Resin for x4 crit?

I went with X3 because that's how crits work in FE, actually :P

And how could I forget, LEADERSHIP. he is, in fact, the leader of a mercenary group/army, it makes perfect sense on him.

Killer Angel
2014-06-14, 02:24 AM
Darn it, when I saw the thread title I thought you were talking about Dwight Eisenhower.

Me too.
And leadership was the answer. :smallbiggrin:

Slithery D
2014-06-14, 11:28 AM

I thought he meant Ike Broflovski.

Teapot Salty
2014-06-14, 12:29 PM
So, Here's what I've got so far, at level 1 (later levels later):

Human Warlbade-1

Str: 16 (powerful)
Dex: 12 (Quick, but not insane)
Con: 14 (Tough)
Int: 14 (Tactician)
Wis: 10 (Nothing really up or down)
Cha: 8 (blunt)

Weapon of choice: Greatsword

Armor of choice: Leather?

Feats: Power attack, ______________

Skills: Maxed jump

Maneuvers And stances: Wolf fang strike, sudden leap, steely strike, Punishing stance

Ideas?

Inevitability
2014-06-14, 02:19 PM
There's a thread about making video game protagonists at the moment. Maybe you should post Ike there?

Teapot Salty
2014-06-14, 03:04 PM
There's a thread about making video game protagonists at the moment. Maybe you should post Ike there?

Can you send me a link? (pun intended)

Prime32
2014-06-14, 09:12 PM
I haven't played Fire Emblem, so this will have to be based on his appearance in Brawl.

Ike screams Warblade to me. With a focus on Tiger Claw and Iron Heart you can represent his impressive durability as well as his signature Aether jumping-spinning-death-attack. Eruption is the only part of it that doesn't quite fit, but some of the Desert Wind maneuvers could match it and they're easily grabbed through Martial Study.

If ToB isn't allowed, then you're probably looking at a standard Leap Attack/Shock Trooper THF Fighter.In his own games (http://fireemblemwiki.org/Aether) Aether is a pair of attacks that heals Ike's hp then penetrates defences. So crusader seems like a better fit to me. He can also negate enemy skills (http://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Nihil), and has a magic sword that can attack from a range, boosts his defences and negates most critical hits (http://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Ragnell).

In Awakening he's got the following:

His weapons last longer before needing to be replaced (http://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Armsthrift) - this isn't really applicable to D&D.
Attack/AC bonuses against enemies wielding axes (http://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Axebreaker) - FE weapons are divided into swords (light/fast), lances (medium) and axes (heavy/powerful), which follow a rock-paper-scissors relationship. Maybe that feat which negates the benefit of Power Attack against you?
Attack/AC bonuses when the opponent attacks first (http://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Patience) - sounds like Robilar's Gambit or Karmic Strike, or at least Uncanny Dodge.
The individual attack (http://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Sol_%28skill%29) skills (http://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Luna_%28skill%29) that make up Aether.

Maybe an Eternal Blade?

Inevitability
2014-06-15, 03:36 AM
Can you send me a link? (pun intended)

Here:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100624200028/zelda/images/thumb/9/9d/Link_Artwork_1_%28Twilight_Princess%29.png/250px-Link_Artwork_1_%28Twilight_Princess%29.png

:smalltongue:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?348173-Video-Game-protagonists-as-D-amp-D-characters

weckar
2014-06-15, 07:33 AM
I thought he meant Ike Broflovski.I thought he meant IKE from quantum conundrum...

SoraWolf7
2014-06-15, 07:53 PM
I started working on this myself, but I pulled out ToB because I don't understand it and I haven't used any of the classes/maneuvers within. I managed to get through level 10 in the build before I got stuck.

Levels: Lion Totem Barbarian 1/Fighter 1/Dungeoncrasher ACF Fighter 2/Zhentarim Soldier ACF Fighter 3/Fighter 4/Zhentarim Soldier ACF Fighter 5/Dungeoncrasher ACF Fighter 6/Fighter 2/Zhentarim Soldier ACF Fighter 9 (10 in total)

The idea is use the Bull-rushing to hit someone to gain attention, Karmic Strike/Robilar's gambit combo to wait for them to hit Ike, and then hit them harder using the resulting increases. I dunno how you can use this, but that's what I got. I also took Resolute ACF at level 8, because Ike gives no ****s about Will-based spells, and I exchanged Tower Shield proficiency for ESP (Gnome Battle Cloak) so Ike can wear his cape and still get the AC from a shield. I dunno if it'd work perfectly, but you might need Quick Draw to make that work until you can afford to get it animated.

SoraWolf7
2014-06-19, 10:24 PM
Well, here's my take with a non-ToB build for Ike Greil.

Level
BAB
Fort
Ref
Will
Feats
Class Features
Special

1st (Lion Totem Barbarian 1)
+1
+2
+0
+0
Power Attack, Combat Reflexes
Illiteracy, Rage 1/day, Pounce
-

2nd (Fighter 1)
+2
+4
+0
+0
-
Improved Bull Rush
Exchange Tower Shield Proficiency for Exotic Shield Proficiency (Gnome Battle Cloak)

3rd (Dungeon Crasher ACF Fighter 2)
+3
+5
+0
+0
Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword)
+2 Competence Bonus to save and AC against traps, +5 on Strength checks to to break obstacles, 4d6+Twice STR on Bull Rush
-

4th (Zhentarim Soldier ACF Fighter 3)
+4
+5
+1
+1
-
Skill Focus (Intimidation)
STR +1

5th (Fighter 4)
+5
+5
+1
+1
-
Leap Attack
-

6th (Zhentarim Soldier ACF Fighter 5)
+6/+1
+5
+1
+1
Shock Trooper
Extended Intimidation
-

7th (Dungeoncrasher ACF Fighter 6)
+7/+2
+6
+2
+2
-
+4 Competence Bonus to save and AC against traps, +10 on Strength checks to to break obstacles, 8d6+Twice STR on Bull Rush
-

8th (Fighter 7)
+8/+3
+7
+2
+2
-
-
STR +1

9th (Fighter 8)
+9/+4
+8
+2
+2
Improved Sunder
Improved Initiative
-

10th (Zhentarim Soldier ACF Fighter 9)
+10/+5
+8
+3
+3
-
Swift Demoralization
-

11th (Fighter 10)
+11/+6/+1
+9
+3
+3
-
Combat Brute
-

12th (Fighter 11)
+12/+7/+2
+9
+3
+3
Robilar’s Gambit
-
STR +1

13th (Occult Slayer 1)
+13/+8/+3
+9
+3
+5
-
Magical Defense +1, Weapon Bond (Bastard Sword)
-

14th (Occult Slayer 2)
+14/+9/+4
+9
+3
+6
-
Vicious Strike, Mind over Magic 1/day
-

15th (Occult Slayer 3)
+15/+10/+5
+10
+4
+6
Weapon Focus (Bastard Sword)
Auravision, Magical Defense +2
-

16th (Occult Slayer 4)
+16/+11/+6/+1
+10
+4
+7
-
Mind over Magic 2/day, Nondetection Cloak
STR +1

17th (Occult Slayer 5)
+17/+12/+7/+2
+10
+4
+7
-
Blank Thoughts, Magical Defense +3
-

18th (Exotic Weapon Master 1)
+18/+13/+8/+3
+12
+4
+7
Leap Attack
Exotic Weapon Stunt (Uncanny Blow)
-

19th (Exotic Weapon Master 2)
+19/+14/+9/+4
+13
+4
+7
-
Exotic Weapon Stunt (Exotic Sunder)
-

20th (Exotic Weapon Master 3)
+20/+15/+10/+5
+13
+5
+8
-
Exotic Weapon Stunt (Trip Attack)
STR +1

Take into his starting Alignment is Neutral Good and it later Shifts to Lawful Good.
Stats: STR (13+)>=DEX (13+)>=CON>INT>WIS>CHA
Hit die: 1d12+CON/11*(1d10+CON)/5*(1d8+CON)/3*(1d10+CON)
Skill Points: (4+INT+1)*4/(2+INT+1)*19

I think this progression matches Ike's actual progression over the course of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. The Gnome Battle Cloak, once Animated, provides his shield AC while he two-hands the Bastard Sword, and gives him his Red Cloak of Awesome. Ike doesn't take on Resolute because honestly, there's **** for mind-affecting spells in the world of Fire Emblem. He covers it with Mind-blank at will later in Occult Slayer, which also allows him to fight the divine casters of the Deities later and hit them harder. Exotic Weapon Master is him mastering Ragnell to its final extent.

As for Ragnell itself, it's a Kaorti Resin Masterwork Flaming Burst Wrathful Healing Throwing Returning Bastard Sword. Maybe. All I know is it has fire powers, does the wind-slash thing, and he can heal with it.