PDA

View Full Version : In need of a Green Lantern game seed

STsinderman
2014-06-14, 05:34 AM
Hey there guys, i am in need of a one shot concept for a group of lanterns from different corps (if anyones interested i wil be using fate core as the system).

I need it to be changing enough for a group of lanterns but not of such grand scale that the rest of the corps need become involved. Ive been trying to conceive of this scenario for a while now and am still drawing a blank. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

erikun
2014-06-14, 10:13 AM
Some alien is in the process of conquering a planet? Something limited to interplanetary spaceships that is currently attempting to attack/colonize a single planet shouldn't provoke the whole corps, especially if it's just one or several spaceships that are not getting reinforcements from anywhere.

Going somewhere to locate/retrieve an unusual power source seems like it could work too. Especially if it clearly gives problems to a single corps ring, you'd want to include more than one corps but wouldn't want to involve entire platoons of people to what could just be a strange anomaly.

Deffers
2014-06-14, 01:19 PM
Well, getting the different Lantern corps to work together has always been something of a problem-- though it depends on which Lantern corps we're talking about. Blue Lanterns and Green Lanterns are pretty much bros (especially since a Blue Lantern only has their full power in the presence of a Green Lantern), but if you add in something like the Red Lanterns cooperating with the rest of them you're looking at a bigger sort of conflict indeed.

My suggestion would be, frame it so that whatever this threat is, a) it's huge and b) it's hard to get the word out that this is happening. They're going to have to stop it themselves, because the cavalry is going to take a while to get there. So make it happen in a far-flung sector of space, maybe on the sort of planet nobody thought was even inhabited. Maybe some sort of planet containing ancient temples to death being the epicenter of a host of bizarre disappearances and disasters several sectors out? The possible resurgence of the Black Lanterns would cause pretty much every corps to put aside their differences and work together.

Kid Jake
2014-06-14, 02:09 PM
Maybe instead of going big you could make it personal? Somebody is specifically trying to kill a group of Lanterns for their rings and lures them there under the threat of 'I've got your *whatever*, if you ever want to see them alive again you'll come alone.' Each Lantern would come for their own reason and their Corp itself wouldn't be involved.

You spring the armies on them then, using some Macguffin to negate communications and keep them from escaping.