PDA

View Full Version : Minotaur build. Level 0

Darth Yoda
2014-06-14, 10:34 AM
Hi again great wise ones.
Once again we have begun a new campaign. This one has NO HUMAN CHARACTERS. We can anything of a simple exotic type. Examples.... me playing a minotaur and another playing a wemic. The only thing we know is we start in a gladiators arena. I THINK we will be sport for the cruel humans to enjoy but not sure
As stated I would like a minotaur with spiked chain/trip abilities. All books are open, no web (unless okd). Would there be a better race? Thrikeen maybe.
The wemic player and I usually build together to enhance our overall abilities and we have two weeks collaboration/build time.
The dm is fairly generous and will fudge the rules given enuff cookies.
So.....your thoughts?
Posrted by he who dies alot.

Gildedragon
2014-06-14, 11:32 AM
Well there is the krynn minotaur
To go large sized: primordial half-minotaur krynn minotaur
For: +12 str +6 con -4 dex +2 cha at +1 LA

Grod_The_Giant
2014-06-14, 11:36 AM
What are the restriction on LA, RHD, and so on?

Inevitability
2014-06-14, 01:31 PM

How do you count as a giant?

Gildedragon
2014-06-14, 02:23 PM
Half minotaur grants that IIRC.

torrasque666
2014-06-14, 03:19 PM
Half minotaur grants that IIRC.

Nope. Unless the information here (http://www.realmshelps.net/monsters/templates/half-minotaur.shtml) is wrong.
The base creature's type does not change. If the base creature is of Small or Medium size, it gains one size category, becoming Medium or Large respectively. See Creature Size Changer (http://www.realmshelps.net/monsters/advancing.shtml) for changes to the base creature when it gains a size category. The changes in this template are in addition to the changes outlined there.

Darth Yoda
2014-06-14, 04:54 PM

Nice!!!! The one I saw was +8 STR and +4 CON.

As far as restrictions, the +6LA was as high as he would go (being what we had as a minotaur).

Thanks for the prompt responses guys. If you show up in my neck of the woods, I'll buy you a healing potion (thats beer for the non-believers).

dextercorvia
2014-06-15, 12:11 AM

You tack on the Half-Ogre template which is +0LA if you are already large, and lets you count as a giant.

Darth Yoda
2014-06-15, 02:57 PM
Gonna go with the minotaur of legend build. Srt 36 and dex 23. What to do to make a spiked chain/tripper? What feats and skills do I need to apply? Also, will have a gladiator background... dont know what it does yet.

Grod_The_Giant
2014-06-15, 03:06 PM
Gonna go with the minotaur of legend build. Srt 36 and dex 23. What to do to make a spiked chain/tripper? What feats and skills do I need to apply? Also, will have a gladiator background... dont know what it does yet.
Exotic Weapon Proficiency, Improved Trip, and Combat Reflexes, at a bare minimum. You can get Improved Trip via a two-level Barbarian dip (Wolf Totem, from UA) if your Int is too low for Combat Expertise. You can also pick up Pounce (Spirit Lion Totem, Complete Champion), which is always good on a melee type.

Darth Yoda
2014-06-16, 09:47 PM
Was given these feats by DM.
Weapon focus
Weapon spec
Combat expert
Improved crit
Proficient all simple weapons

Chosen by me
Ex weapon spiked chain
Stand still
Power attack

Legend gives
Combat reflexes
Improved initiative

Int is 13 and is my lowest stat.
Should I replace standstil with another feat?
Also since im large and have a spiked chain, my threat range is 20 ft correct?
I realize this is a powerful build but we play some over the top games at times.
Is there any thing else that might help on the tripper/crowd control slant?
We are at level zero and im hoping to get the pounce ability but DM has already suggested that since I was born in captivity I might not get it.....