PDA

View Full Version : So I'm getting Married...TODAY!

Trobby
2014-06-14, 12:08 PM
So...yeah, I'm getting married today, in less than 3 hours the ceremony will begin.

I'm about as ready as I'll ever be, more nervous than I've ever been before, and full of all kinds of excitement.

I know I haven't posted a lot on here lately, but I do consider you guys some of my coolest Internet friends, so just wanted you all to know abuot this special day. :smallredface:

FinnLassie
2014-06-14, 12:14 PM
Oi ya, stop posting here and get prepared to wed that lass/lad/Cthulhu/whatever it is that you fancy! :smalltongue:

Jokes aside, I don't know you, but this is lovely news. May your marriage be flourishing and prosperous. :smile:

Grinner
2014-06-14, 12:52 PM
I'd like to dedicate this song to the happy couple. :smallamused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ5CIr0NOs4

Asta Kask
2014-06-14, 12:53 PM
I hope congratulations are in order. :smalltongue:

Ace Mace
2014-06-14, 12:57 PM
YAY! Congratulation!

I just hope the ceremony isn't being held in Westeros. Weddings there don't tend to end well.

Coidzor
2014-06-14, 01:06 PM
Well, the best man didn't get you drunk and leave you in a pigpen, only to have you fished out and sprayed off with a cold hose to get the worst of the muck off of you before cramming you into your tux and propping you up in front of the altar so that you wouldn't fall over while you fought against your hangover.

So you're ahead of the curve if I recall my weddings rightly. :smallamused:

Kalmageddon
2014-06-14, 02:08 PM
Congratulations are indeed in order, it looks like! :smallsmile:

Nilehus
2014-06-15, 12:28 AM
Congratulations! Hope the ceremony and all went well. :smallsmile:

Welcome to the ranks of the married! Prepare for a whole new level of intimacy, codependence, and occasional nights where you kneel over your sleeping S.O. with a pillow. It's a hell of a ride, and I wish you the best.

Thufir
2014-06-15, 10:53 AM
Congrats! I wish you all the happiness. ALL OF IT!

Asta Kask
2014-06-15, 11:05 AM
Didn't you get married yesterday? What is this polygamic madness???

Trobby
2014-06-15, 09:39 PM
Well, the best man didn't get you drunk and leave you in a pigpen, only to have you fished out and sprayed off with a cold hose to get the worst of the muck off of you before cramming you into your tux and propping you up in front of the altar so that you wouldn't fall over while you fought against your hangover.

So you're ahead of the curve if I recall my weddings rightly. :smallamused:

Ouch...if that really DID happen, my pity on you man.

Though I already know in my family I am lucky...my cousin threw up on his bride's wedding dress on HIS wedding night. And his best man walked off and fell asleep under a waterfall. And at the hotel, the fire alarm went off.

All in all, my wedding day went swimmingly.

Oh, and there was a random ComicCon convention just outside our wedding suite...which was both cool and a little loud in the morning, but eh, it was all good. :smallcool:

Coidzor
2014-06-15, 10:31 PM
Ouch...if that really DID happen, my pity on you man.

Though I already know in my family I am lucky...my cousin threw up on his bride's wedding dress on HIS wedding night. And his best man walked off and fell asleep under a waterfall. And at the hotel, the fire alarm went off.

All in all, my wedding day went swimmingly.

Oh, and there was a random ComicCon convention just outside our wedding suite...which was both cool and a little loud in the morning, but eh, it was all good. :smallcool:

Oh, no, I'm unmarried. XD

That's pretty rough though. I think that's part of why you don't do much with the wedding dress aside from the dress rehearsal and the wedding itself though.

Glad to hear it. Now work on that honeymoon stuff instead of posting on here. :smalltongue:

DJ Yung Crunk
2014-06-15, 10:32 PM
Marriage is one of those things like Tool in that, even though it does nothing for me, I'm happy that other people can enjoy it.

So congratulations! Let's all raise a glass...

...to Tool!

Sorry, I mean... Uh... I've lost sight of why I've raised this glass. Uh... To the Home Guard, I guess.

Tvtyrant
2014-06-16, 12:34 AM
And his best man walked off and fell asleep under a waterfall.

:smalleek: I hope he woke up again!

Trobby
2014-06-16, 08:21 AM
Him being my second oldest brother?

Yeah, he woke up again. In time for him to be at MY wedding last weekend. ;p

Aedilred
2014-06-16, 10:42 AM
Him being my second oldest brother?

Yeah, he woke up again.
But your cousin never did?! :smalleek:

Asta Kask
2014-06-16, 11:20 AM
I demand pictures!

Killer Angel
2014-06-16, 02:48 PM
I'm happy for you!

...I also can assure you that your life will never be the same. Both in positive and negative (but the positive side is larger). :smallwink:

Karoht
2014-06-16, 08:34 PM
Pictures soon I hope.
Did you do anything game related for the cerimony/reception?

banjo1985
2014-06-17, 04:14 AM
Belated congratulations! :smallbiggrin:

czieg
2014-06-20, 10:23 AM
I'm late but who cares...
Congrats to you, good luck and here's to hoping your marriage doesn't act like many I've seen. A toast to you and the new wife!

Hiro Protagonest
2014-06-20, 09:19 PM
What's this, the fourth marriage you've had this week?

Ravens_cry
2014-06-20, 11:14 PM
Congrats and best hopes. :smallsmile:
Marriage takes a lot of work, but, from what I've seen, it can be very very worth it. :smallsmile:

inexorabletruth
2014-06-22, 02:43 PM
Congratulations! I wish you a lifetime of happiness and love. I pray that your fights are short, your love-making is long and your home is where you feel safe, loved, respected and wanted.

My wife adds, "stay cool" and made the gun pose before walking off to make me a pair of pajama pants.

Bulldog Psion
2014-06-25, 11:40 AM
Congratulations! :smallcool::smallcool::smallcool::smallcool:

Hopefully, you're off "celebrating" with your spouse rather than reading my congratulations, but nevertheless ... :smallbiggrin: :smallwink: