PDA

View Full Version : Sims 2 bug

Ronsian
2007-02-22, 04:52 PM
Hi guys, new here. I was playing Sims 2 and got a few families pretty far. When I got on today, they were all gone :smallfrown:. This never happened to me before, but happened to a friend awhile ago. Anybody know what caused it? Or how to fix it? I can go back and re-make my families, but it'll take awhile.

Caelestion
2007-02-22, 09:08 PM
Did you install an expansion and then uninstall it? The game tells you to back up your families before you do this!

DeathQuaker
2007-02-23, 10:00 PM
Yep, if you installed anything new without backing up first, you're pretty much screwed, unfortunately. If it's something else...check the Electronic Arts customer support page

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/home.php?pid=Help_support&p_sid=SMRQI_ui

Usually most errors like that are covered--hopefully you can at least figure out what happened so it won't occur again. And the usual--make sure you have patches, etc.

Dr._Weird
2007-02-24, 09:30 AM
The only reason I like the Sims is to torture my Sims. Example: Trapping them in a one-square room with no door and a window looking out at a toilet, bed, shower, and TV.

Ronsian
2007-02-24, 01:59 PM
The odd thing was, I didn't install an expansion pack. I installed a different game, and when I re-played the Sims my resolution was wacked up.

DeathQuaker
2007-02-24, 09:19 PM
The odd thing was, I didn't install an expansion pack. I installed a different game, and when I re-played the Sims my resolution was wacked up.

Aaaahh.... did the new game install any new versions of DirectX or other graphic-related programs? Did it install any other game-related software (Xfire, for example)? One of these might have created a conflict with the Sims. Again, check with the troubleshooting pages if you haven't--it may be known issue and provide you a workaround.