PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Anti-Tiamat help?

Xaroth
2014-06-14, 03:44 PM
So I'm in a campaign and my character is currently a Gold Dragon. My goal for this character is to become the opposite of Tiamat. A 5-headed Metallic dragon, with each of the different heads.

And my goal for the campaign is to put up a good fight against Tiamat. Whether I win or die, I want to face Tiamat in combat and at least give her a good challenge.

Without going Multi-headed and applying Half-dragon to the 4 extra heads, how could I accomplish this? And what would I definitely need (aside from every anti-evil thing I can get) to stand a chance against her?

Also, I'm thinking that in the off-chance that I actually win against Tiamat, instead of killing her I was thinking of actually creating a truce with her to convert her to neutrality along with myself so that we can both rule together over dragonkind. True equality.

I've ran this past my DM already, he said I'm welcome to try. And my DM runs Dragon age as a level-by-level thing, where I can invest a level into dragon to level up. I'm currently a Young Gold Dragon with 4 levels in Knight.

torrasque666
2014-06-14, 03:58 PM
So..... you want to become Bahamut?

Xaroth
2014-06-14, 04:02 PM
So..... you want to become Bahamut?

I DIDN'T KNOW BAHAMUT EXISTED.

I DIDN'T KNOW.

;-;

But I don't think my DM's incorporating Bahamut because of my plan. At least, he didn't mention Bahamut, like, at all.

I FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT THOUGH OH MY GOD.

Ionbound
2014-06-14, 04:05 PM
"One, two! One, two! and through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back."

Seriously, here you want to get as many stacks of attacks or instant-kills on as many of her heads in one round as possible. Now, I'm no Ur-Priest or Tippy, so I don't know how to do that, but it seems like this is the way to go about it.

Xaroth
2014-06-14, 04:10 PM
"One, two! One, two! and through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back."

Seriously, here you want to get as many stacks of attacks or instant-kills on as many of her heads in one round as possible. Now, I'm no Ur-Priest or Tippy, so I don't know how to do that, but it seems like this is the way to go about it.

Well yeah, but I don't want to kill her, I want to rule with her.

And to be honest I kinda wanna merge with her and kill Io, then rule as a 10-headed Dragon.

Twilightwyrm
2014-06-14, 04:28 PM
Well yeah, but I don't want to kill her, I want to rule with her.

And to be honest I kinda wanna merge with her and kill Io, then rule as a 10-headed Dragon.

That...will depend a bit on your DM's interpretation of Io. In some he is just the greater deity god of all dragons (I don't think he is actually stated). In others, he is literally the great wheel on which all of the planes rest, or the creator of the multiverse (a less common interpretation). So that will be up to your Dm whether or not this is even possible

Xaroth
2014-06-14, 04:59 PM
That...will depend a bit on your DM's interpretation of Io. In some he is just the greater deity god of all dragons (I don't think he is actually stated). In others, he is literally the great wheel on which all of the planes rest, or the creator of the multiverse (a less common interpretation). So that will be up to your Dm whether or not this is even possible

I just asked him and am now awaiting a response. But assuming it's the dragon scenario, I should be able to face him.

Twilightwyrm
2014-06-14, 05:11 PM
I just asked him and am now awaiting a response. But assuming it's the dragon scenario, I should be able to face him.

I suppose. He would need to stat him, and if he does so appropriately I'd be putting my money on Io, but feel free to try.

137beth
2014-06-14, 05:36 PM
A lot of it (almost all) depends on how your DM wants you to work.
The only 3e statblock for Tiamat I know of is in Deities and Demigods. A few of the abilities she has that you will have to watch out for are
--Five spells per round. Each head can make an attack or cast a SLA as in a single standard action. She has 9th level SLAs at will, including timestop. She also has nine levels of sorcerer spells and nine levels of cleric spells.

--Alter Reality (SDA)
If she is played using tactics appropriate to her intelligence score of 28, these two together make it impossible for you to win without either highly optimized epic spells or becoming a deity yourself. And that's before you take in to account the fact that the Tiamat you kill was one of a hoard of Ice Assassins, since Alter Reality can duplicate Ice Assasin at will with no components.
--Shapechange (SDA) more versatility, although at this point it is just icing on the cake.
--The immunities granted by 10 divine ranks.

Xaroth
2014-06-14, 05:53 PM
A lot of it (almost all) depends on how your DM wants you to work.
The only 3e statblock for Tiamat I know of is in Deities and Demigods. A few of the abilities she has that you will have to watch out for are
--Five spells per round. Each head can make an attack or cast a SLA as in a single standard action. She has 9th level SLAs at will, including timestop. She also has nine levels of sorcerer spells and nine levels of cleric spells.

--Alter Reality (SDA)
If she is played using tactics appropriate to her intelligence score of 28, these two together make it impossible for you to win without either highly optimized epic spells or becoming a deity yourself. And that's before you take in to account the fact that the Tiamat you kill was one of a hoard of Ice Assassins, since Alter Reality can duplicate Ice Assasin at will with no components.
--Shapechange (SDA) more versatility, although at this point it is just icing on the cake.
--The immunities granted by 10 divine ranks.

By that point I'm going to have divine ranks too.

Xaroth
2014-06-15, 12:45 PM
Anyway, about the whole five-headed dragon thing.

How do?

Faily
2014-06-15, 05:17 PM
Anyway, about the whole five-headed dragon thing.

How do?

Go on epic adventure to achieve your Godhood (or similar) and redifine your natural shape as a five-headed Dragon? As a GM, I'd give you some sort of quests where each one is related to each kind of metallic dragon who must willingly give up their life-energy or something to become a part of you when you've reached that level of power to actually become a God. Just an idea, as I've no idea what sort of mechanics your GM would use for divine beings or how he envisions it. Though I would at least suggest allying with powerful metallic dragons to start with.

Xaroth
2014-06-15, 05:36 PM
Go on epic adventure to achieve your Godhood (or similar) and redifine your natural shape as a five-headed Dragon? As a GM, I'd give you some sort of quests where each one is related to each kind of metallic dragon who must willingly give up their life-energy or something to become a part of you when you've reached that level of power to actually become a God. Just an idea, as I've no idea what sort of mechanics your GM would use for divine beings or how he envisions it. Though I would at least suggest allying with powerful metallic dragons to start with.

Slight issue.

I'm one of the very VERY few Dragons that still exist.

In this campaign setting they were hunted to "extinction" (they thought they killed them all but very few survived, I'm the offspring of one but I've never met my biological parents and my adoptive father never told me anything about them before he up and vanished with no real reason) and I've got an incredibly powerful glamer on me to hide my dragony things.

Also in a year and a half an eternal winter is going to destroy the area we're in, so I have a year and a half to either do all this or to get off the planet, at which point I'd also be limited to how long it'd be before the machines in the place go terminator and decide all non-machines must die, which is a thing that's going to happen.

The only reason I actually know this is because I - along with this DM and another player in the group - are the 3 current group DMs.

Xaroth
2014-06-15, 05:41 PM
Come to think of it I really should've mentioned that earlier, I apologize.

Faily
2014-06-15, 06:07 PM
Weeeeeeeell....

considering what you want to achieve in such a short time then, I'd say that is impossible. At least from my perspective as I do consider god-level things to be something that should take time and not be handed out easily. Perhaps the more immediate goal should be to either take care of the Terminator-robots-things or see if anything can be done about the impending eternal-winter that is coming? Both of these can be on the way to achieve your godhood, considering it sounds like mighty challenges.

Xaroth
2014-06-15, 06:36 PM
Weeeeeeeell....

considering what you want to achieve in such a short time then, I'd say that is impossible. At least from my perspective as I do consider god-level things to be something that should take time and not be handed out easily. Perhaps the more immediate goal should be to either take care of the Terminator-robots-things or see if anything can be done about the impending eternal-winter that is coming? Both of these can be on the way to achieve your godhood, considering it sounds like mighty challenges.

It's a winter hundreds of miles in length, raging and ravaging everything in its path. From the way my DM described it, it actually seems like an entity. I don't know how I'll be able to take on something like that without dying. At the moment we're taking on a CR 23 Werewolf compound of 200+, so we're probably going to get a hell of a lot of levels from that alone. Assuming we survive.

As it stands, not including the other player that has a homebrew belt that made him OP as hell (players have powers but this campaign is otherwise by-the-books, this player's is a belt that grants him the stat bonuses of every enemy he defeats. Mine is enhanced breath, doubles my Cone in length and gives me a huge lung capacity on top of a Dragon's lung capacity) I'm the most powerful person in the party. Unless I can fire a continuous breath for weeks on end and miles in length, I don't see how I can take on the Eternal Winter.

torrasque666
2014-06-15, 06:39 PM
It's a winter hundreds of miles in length, raging and ravaging everything in its path. From the way my DM described it, it actually seems like an entity. I don't know how I'll be able to take on something like that without dying. At the moment we're taking on a CR 23 Werewolf compound of 200+, so we're probably going to get a hell of a lot of levels from that alone. Assuming we survive.

Living Spell of Fimbulwinter?

Xaroth
2014-06-15, 06:46 PM
Living Spell of Fimbulwinter?

*looks up Fimbulwinter*

http://img13.nnm.me/b/f/e/4/7/bfe477e9e6164b59fdbdd3bb89a3433c_full.jpg

???

Xaroth
2014-06-15, 06:48 PM
Oh, found the spell.

That actually seems incredibly likely, and the caster of said Fimbulwinter spell would have to be EXTREMELY high level, because the Eternal Winter covers the ENTIRE PLANET aside from our city.