PDA

View Full Version : Death of Hope IC

DrK
2014-06-14, 04:06 PM
Death of Hope... The Crusade Begins

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/black-crusade/25_The-Ragged-Helix-Lin-Bo.png

The islands of the jagged helix spun and danced in the warp eddies that permeated real space this close to the screaming vortex. THe massive vessels hovered in space close to one another as the Captains and "advisors" met on the surface of one of the asteroids beneath the watchful eyes of the massive guns and massed flight bays of the cruisers. The asteroid - little more than a floating disc of powdered rock a mile across surrounded by a thin veneer atmosphere has literally nothing or use upon it save as a convenient neutral space for the Ship Captains and the towering hulking fallen Angels to meet and speak.

Please make your introductions. And formulate a plan.
In the ragged helix you are on a disc of featureless rock to get to know one another

Jyssika
2014-06-14, 06:08 PM
Amongst the gathering was a hunched horrible figure; it, he, had
clearly once been a loyalist Astartes by the equally corrupted emblem
of the Blood Angles on its armour.

Despite his huge stature the marine is hunched and its limbs elongated,
his hairless head hangs from a elongated tentacle-like neck with skin
streched over a mouth of razor teeth and bloodshot eyes.

In each hand the marine carries deadly lightning claws and he periodically
draws and retracts the blades in an irritating yet intimidating fashion.

He had arrived aboard the Inspiring Wrath and invited here
by the Captain but they both knew she simply wanted the thing off her
ship and hoped she could somehow lose him in the gathing.

FroDough
2014-06-15, 08:54 AM
Mist coiled around the ventilator of the Huntsmaster. Not days from his last kill, he observed the mortals before him. A true giant even before he was encased in Terminator Armour, he towered above the crowd, in one hand Sanguinem Auro, the other a growling heavy flamer. On his shoulder, perched a crow, with one glowing eye hissing and whirring, as it cawed around his helm. He had came here to seek prey worthy of his attention - He hoped he would not be disappointed. Raising his voice, he yelled

"Are there any here who would be so bold as to hunt with me? I go to find the greatest prey this Galaxy has to offer!"

dupersudi
2014-06-15, 01:12 PM
A large and thickset man, even for a Space Marine, Antilles Scipir stands near the gathering with a foreboding aura about him. His Corvus Pattern Power Armor still is the Navy Blue and Bone of the Novamarines, but every sigil on it has been defaced or altered. At his hip a chainsword and bolt pistol. Upon his back, a standard to the glory of Slaanesh. In his arms he cradles a large weapon, a Noise Marine Blastmaster. He looks up from it as the Terminator begins speaking. Speaking in a horrifying and strange voice. "I seek not prey, but voices that can be added to my chorus." He indicates his Blastmaster. "Should you be willing to allow me captives, and ensure that your prey dies slow, NOISY, deaths, I would be quite interested in joining your hunt."

FroDough
2014-06-15, 01:49 PM
Stomping over to the noise marine, the Huntsmaster lowered his head. His fingers curled around his blade as he weighed the gene forged degenerate before him.

"A hunt" he growled "requires subtlety. Can you be subtle, quieten the voices yowling in your skull?"

dupersudi
2014-06-15, 01:56 PM
Antilles stands upright and doesn't back down from the massive Marine, even though his head is only about chest level on the Terminator armor. "I understand the value of subtlety. It is something Slaanesh espouses, and I am capable of appreciating it. Do you? With your noisy tread and stomping about? Can you even move your bulk in a way that doesn't alert every entity on a planet?"

Jyssika
2014-06-15, 02:30 PM
The monsterous mass of warped muscle eyed the two
former Astartes; a wide grin spreading across his razor
sharp teeth as the Slaneeshi pledgling sharpened his
wit at the terminators expense.

He raised a good question; did the whelp know subtlety
as he demanded it of others... He who cut slashed and
maimed knew the ways of stalking, when required, yet
also the fire of aggression... He who hunted perhaps knew
neither.

The thirsty one did not wish for this to turn into a wash;
he steps in. He voice is sickening; a lisp and slithering
of saliva as his once human skin no longer fits around his
malformed face.

Petulant children with your petty agendas, seeking to accomplish
trivial persuits... If you have nothing better than proclaim
that you wish to hunt something please be quite whilst
the adults can discuss grander plans.

He razes a drawn claw; activating it and deactivating it as he points
out into the void at the vast fleet.

We are not here to see you young pup marines; only just
broken away from your Chapter's attempting to make a
name for yourself. We are here to spread the glory of
chaos, claim worlds in the name of the Gods and
cripple the rule of the Corpse God!

dupersudi
2014-06-15, 02:54 PM
Antilles scoffs at the approaching monstrosity. "Glory in Chaos? The rule of the Corpse God? There is no Glory to be had, and your Corpse God is already a Corpse. All your accolades and accomplishments are a mere blink in eternity, as is the Corpse Gods reign. Why then waste your time with them? Why not just enjoy your life, for as long as you can, with what makes you happiest? For me, that means the joy and sounds of battle. And the music I create using that as my medium. That is my sole goal. Pleasure, for as long as possible. Should you wish to assist that, I will work with you, if not, well stay out of my way."

EDIT: Forgot Color

Jyssika
2014-06-15, 03:26 PM
Perhaps the Joy of Battle; and your ludicrous
weapon has made you hard of hearing Brother.

Glory of Chaos and crippling the rule of the Corpse
God are the phrases I used; perhaps you should have
your ears seen to before you speak further, least you
embarrass yourself by mishearing any other pertinant
details of those who speak instead of scream.

Raunchel
2014-06-15, 03:40 PM
Luise Ramius, the captain of the Inspiring Wrath seems puny next to the augmented forms of the space marines. She doesn't wear armour, only her black uniform. Her face shows nothing, as though her surrounding do not touch her. She stands still, remains silent while the fallen angels speak. Some of them she knows, others not. She waits, she knows her place, an officer does not speak of such matters before her sovereign has spoken.

dupersudi
2014-06-15, 04:18 PM
"Chaos is not Glory, nor does it possess any. Chaos is a cause, a calling, a way of life. Glory can be the product of actions committed in its name, or actions committed because they make me happy. I prefer the latter, I feel no loyalty to Chaos, it is simply the way of life that has liberated me and thus far brought me the most pleasure. Serving the Corpse God brought me some, but they frowned upon what they called excessive torture. They didn't derive pleasure from it. Slaanesh and his followers do. That is why I respect Slaanesh and those that follow him. That is why I am here. I care not about your cause or calling. I care not about your fight against the Emperor and his disciples. His minions or the minions of Chaos, they all scream."

Jyssika
2014-06-15, 04:38 PM
And we care not for either your pointless and pitiful
attempt to debate Gothic or your lifestory... Perhaps
you should find a room on the ship you crawled off
from and pleasure yourself so as we do not have
to hear any more of your incessant ramblings concerning
your parton...

dupersudi
2014-06-15, 06:17 PM
"I'd imagine they like hearing about my beliefs and god better than listening an old fossil like yourself go on about the glories he wants to earn before he expires. And perhaps I should pleasure myself with your death cries." Antilles retorts, as he ensures the power feeds to his beloved weapon are functioning properly.

KasmKat
2014-06-15, 10:03 PM
The Gun-Cutter screams into the thin atmosphere, coming in at what most sane people would claim is a suicidal speed, stopping at the last moment and settling gently onto the featureless rock, it’s guns slowly tracking everyone as Lady Inessa steps out of the hatch, surrounded by an aura of silence, disturbing by its lack of expected noises, no rattle from the belts of ammunition hanging from her guns, no rustle and clank coming from her armour or the glowing staff and shield she carries.
“Gentlemen, this is neither the time nor the place for hasty words or actions, you will both restrain yourselves or I shall restrain you for each other, and I suspect you would not like that.” With her free hands she gestures towards the Incubi stepping out of the cutter behind her. Stepping between the fallen astartes, apparently uncaring for their size she glares at each of them in turn, “You are supposed to be great warriors, fallen heros of legend and Icons of Power, STOP BICKERING LIKE CHILDREN, or you shall be treated as such.”

She turns toward the servitor exiting the cutter carrying a large fold up table and an ornate throne, gesturing where it is to be set up, stepping back into the cutter for a moment and returning with a sealed case. “Gentlemen, ladies, Please find a seat of some sort and we shall begin.” She says after the table and throne is set up, a holo projector set above it, currently showing the current location, all the ships picked out in red targeting reticules.

“Now then, as I’m sure you can all figure out, we are here.” She says pointing to a green dot on the screen before gesturing to the 4 ship icons in orbit around it. “I assume we have all come for much the same thing, To carve ourselves an empire from the corpse gods realm. However, we currently have an estimated fleet strength of four ships, my Battlecruiser, two other Cruisers and a Light Cruiser, This is not enough, the first time we run across an Imperial Navy fleet will be the end of us. Therefore I suggest that our first order of business is to gain more ships, through whatever means we deem necessary…”

dupersudi
2014-06-15, 10:47 PM
Turning towards the new arrival Antilles addresses her. "Your gun cutter makes nice noise, you do not. But you are still interesting. Few mortals have the courage to berate a Space Marine, let alone two angry Space Marines who have fallen to Chaos. In any case, we are in the Ragged Helix. If we are to work together, and carve out our own territory, we should begin by either subjugating the nearby Pirate Princes. Or eliminating them and taking everything they owned. That one is more likely. It would then be easy enough to gather the remaining devotees of Slaanesh on these rocks behind a suitable leader dedicated to Him. Assuming of course, we eliminate every Pirate Prince who doesn't bend the knee."

Emperor Ing
2014-06-16, 01:14 AM
A single Void-capable vessel is still far greater than the paltry treasures many of the...warlords of the Helix dare to hold claim to, let alone four Capital-class vessels. A single Marine says, having said nothing and apparently having never been noticed up until now. One has to wonder if he was ever there. His devotion to Nurgle is clear, yet despite the rusting metal, peeling paint, crusted blood-splatters, and the mix of entrails spilling out through the numerous rents in the armor of this Marine, it somehow actually manages to appear not only in good condition, but of exceptional craftsmanship, to say nothing of the decaying yet shockingly well-functioning flamer and hammer he seems to be carrying. Whether or not the oversized fly-like wings on his back were once a jump-pack or possibly just a mutation is unclear.
The advantage of mobility is ours. To subjugate these warlords will provide us with a source of manpower and intelligence we may come to rely on in the process of simply finding one such Pirate Prince. Eventually these Princes will seek slaves from any number of these puny fiefdoms. Such short-sightedness will be their undoing, and it will be our opportunity to spread despair and decay to their fleets, bolstering ours.

Jyssika
2014-06-16, 02:06 AM
The monster laughs eerily;

You deem this collection of ships too small;
simple as you are and unable to comprehend
further than forming a gun-line and
thrusting towards the Imperium.

No matter how niave some of them are;
you stand before angels of death.
A single one of us could take a whole
Imperial Vessel, provided the others
are half as well versed in Void fighting
as I am... There is more to war than
numbers.

KasmKat
2014-06-16, 03:07 AM
Elizabeth turns to the monstrous marine speaking so foolishly, grinning, “You are angels no more. You, and we, have all fallen far from where the angels tread.” She says, gesturing at the rest of the people.

“You are a fool, for someone who claims to be such a paragon of death you have no sense of the tactical implications of taking a ship, let alone a world. I do not doubt that you could do some damage to a ship, or perhaps that you could even kill everyone upon the ship, If it was small and its crew stupid, and what would you do then, can you pilot it, can you guide it through the warp, repair its engines, man its guns, NO you cannot.” Still grinning she leans back in her throne, not even looking towards the marine.

“You do not scare me monster, I have seen things that would make you wet yourself. Now either sit down and contribute helpfully, without your macho and empty boasts or leave. After all there's four ships above that you could take at will aren’t there?"

FroDough
2014-06-16, 04:39 AM
"If he truly does not scare you, then you are both weak and a fool. Fear is what keeps you fleshy mortal bodies pushing through to the next miserable day of your existence." The servos in his Armour protested as the Huntsmaster raised himself to face the human. "Where were you mortal when the legions swept across the Galaxy? Where were you when we were cleansing Terra?. Where were you when we carved our way through the Imperium, killing as we pleased?" Finished with his tirade, the Huntsmaster turned toward the holomap and the true warriors. "If you truly want to carve an empire, ships and guns are not the way to do it. You are sworn to the Dark Gods, and they do not respect what mortals build. If you are to create a petty realm of you own, then it must be done through conquest alone. If you are to build an empire you must gain the blessings of the Gods. That is done through the slaughter of those who deny them."

Raunchel
2014-06-16, 05:27 AM
"You will show her royal highness the proper respect, angel. Wars are not won by individual acts or single combat. You say that you cut your way through the Imperium, but why does it still stand? It stands because you were chasing personal desires and not working according to a proper plan for war. Wars are not won by mere killing, not by glorious stands. Wars are won by fleets and by armies. That is the cold logic of it. Your rage and desire for slaughter have failed to win the war, and that displeases the gods. They do respect what mortals build, and they offer their rewards for those who achieve victories in their names. And yes, you would probably kill me when it came to a single combat, but my life has no worth, nor does yours. Only the gods and the queen matter. Victory will be achieved, and if all of us have to die to do so, then that is a price that I am willing to pay. But you, are you willing to die for the gods?", Ramius seems offended by the space marines, and she desperately hopes that she will finally find a way to get rid of the former Blood Angel. If only he starts a fight with the others, it would be a huge relief to her.

KasmKat
2014-06-16, 06:15 AM
“You would lecture me on building an empire Huntsmaster, I who already have a system, I who have already started my empire?” Elizabeth spits at the fallen marine, “And ask me where I was when you were apparently cleansing Terra and carving your way across the Imperium, Well I would ask you where you were, where were you when your Primarch fell, and where were you when your great Warmaster was slain, mind body and soul, where were you when your Legion was scattered. You speak as if these paltry works you have done were great victories, but I do not see your banner flying over even so much as a single ship, let alone a world. I laugh at your empty boasts and hollow words and you would do well to remember who you speak to.”

Standing from her throne she straightens herself into a position of command and dignity. “I am The Lady in Crimson, Elizabeth Inessa, First and Last of the House of Inessa, Dark Empress of Nitrolese and Reaver of the Unbeholden Reaches. I have seen worlds burn in my name, I have seen my family killed at my orders or by my hand, and I have seen the darkness beyond the stars."

"I am already blessed by your gods, I do not need to go begging for the paltry blessings you have. I have a name cursed by the Imperium, in the dark places and quiet scared voices, does anyone even know your name Huntsmaster, save a paltry few who make it their lives work to remove any trace of you. Remember this, All of you, it Is by my will that you live yet, and it is by my service you will live longer and it is in my name this Empire will be born.”

Taking a seat once more, she looks around at the others, finally gesturing for the servitor to bring out enough chairs for everyone. “Ramius is correct, Wars are not won with heroic deeds, profane rituals nor Glorious last stands, Wars are won by men, by blood, by fleets and armies and in the end, wars are usually won by politicians. Burning your enemies worlds to the ground and killing them to the last man is all well and good in theory, In reality though when you have done this what do you have to rule over, Corpses and lifeless rocks. We must show them we have the force and are willing to use it, that if they resist we will burn the atmosphere from their planets and leave them dead and cold in the void. BUT we must also show them that if they surrender that they are welcome in my empire, that so long as they do as they are told they will continue to live in whatever conditions they deserve and can earn.”

dupersudi
2014-06-16, 08:37 AM
Facing the Rot Marine Antilles replies. "You do realize the Pirate Princes tend to lord over the islands here in the Helix Nurglite? And that if they didn't own vessels of their own they wouldn't exactly be Pirate Princes? Finding them is easy enough, look for an inhabited Island and the biggest structure on it, and we simply need to make sure their fleets are either seized or interdicted before we strike their realms so we don't have any escapees." Turning towards the remainder of the Marines and Mortals who are arguing over... Is it their tactics or their dogmas?

Facing the Twisted Marine Antilles retorts. "What are you lot arguing about now. While it pleases my ears somewhat it is a waste of time. If you wish to take a ship on your own Twisted One, I'm sure a boarding pod could be arranged."

Shifting slightly to face the Huntsmaster Antilles begins to berate him. "The lady never said she wasn't fearless, she just doesn't fear the Twisted One, something that we have in common. And why are you bragging about the Traitor Legions? Do you have command of one? Or are you simply bragging about their accomplishments because your own are paltry? And since when have the Chaos Gods only respected martial conquest? Or do you listen solely to Khorne? Slaanesh, Tzeentch, Nurgle, they are also pleased when their corruption claims a world, through whatever means it occurs."

"And you Mortal Women, you have fire within, I like that." He points towards Ramius. "Everyone matters Mortal, everyones worth can be valued, whether it be the amount of rot they contain, the amount of blood they can spill, the number of plans they can succeed, or the quality and quantity of their screams. And that's just what you accomplish on the mortal plane, everyones souls are currency in the warp."

"Now, if we can all stop being childish like the mortal woman said." He utters a blood curdling chuckle. "The sooner we stop posturing the sooner we can seek power and battle Someone. As I said before, the Pirate Princes have much of the resources we can use, and they are also effectively right next door. Whether through politicking, grand combat, or surgical strikes, they should be the first we subjugate."

FroDough
2014-06-16, 09:02 AM
"You speak, much to my angst correctly Rotting One. But I will not stand for insults against myself. Nor will I stand for the insinuation that my will belongs to another".

With those words, the Huntsmaster turned the woman. His flamer fell from his hand, and his fist curled into a ball or ceramite. "If any should come near, burn them" he whispered to his companion.

I'm not entirely sure how PVP works on here, but I'l give it a shot. I think Kasm would count as suprised, but if not #
[roll0] For initiative, if DrK disagrees.

No matter what, I'm going to do what I can to carry out the following action

Charge followed by attempting to initiate a grapple [roll1] (WS OF 72 + 20 For grapple, ?30 for surprise?)

I'l wait for a reaction to see what goes on next.

Raunchel
2014-06-16, 09:37 AM
As soon as she sees the Huntsmaster move Luise draws her plasma pistol and aims it at the space marine: "Stand down, or I will shoot you.", she knows that this could mean her death, but to protect her mistress it is the only right thing to do.

Ramius has an initiative of [roll0] and may act in a surprise round when she passes her agility test(71) [roll1]. She delays her other half action to shoot the Hunstmaster is he continues.

FroDough
2014-06-16, 09:51 AM
The Mortal interfered. Orders should be followed.

Half action to aim, and another half action to make a standard attack which makes a total BS of 55.

[roll0]

Raunchel
2014-06-16, 10:20 AM
At the last moment Luise manages to step outof the path of the attack. She exclaims: "But, this is violence!" and she pulls her pistol's trigger.

And thus the shooting begins. I truly hope that someone will calm the whole situation down before it escalates any further.
To hit(77): [roll0] and if it comes down to it, damage: [roll1], energy damage, pen 4.

Emperor Ing
2014-06-16, 10:37 AM
Facing the Rot Marine Antilles replies. "You do realize the Pirate Princes tend to lord over the islands here in the Helix Nurglite? And that if they didn't own vessels of their own they wouldn't exactly be Pirate Princes? Finding them is easy enough, look for an inhabited Island and the biggest structure on it, and we simply need to make sure their fleets are either seized or interdicted before we strike their realms so we don't have any escapees." Turning towards the remainder of the Marines and Mortals who are arguing over... Is it their tactics or their dogmas

That is what I am counting on. The Nurglite says. Striking at their realms will lure the true prize, their vessels, into our clutches. From there they may be boarded, and they may be seized, if they do not already bend knee to our superior firepower.

He listens to much of the rest Antilles says, before rudely being interrupted by the ensuing brawl. Much of what you say has merit, however would you be willing to assist me in subduing that enraged child? The Doctor says, nodding towards the Huntsmaster.

watupwithdat
2014-06-16, 10:45 AM
Just as it seemed that blood was about to be spilled, the ground of the asteroid they all stood on began to quake slightly, and the huntsman found himself floating up into the air—his charge stopped midway. And just as the quick to anger chaos marine was in the air, and so too were the weapons of the few parties involved in this silly conflict. If Sevyrch's psychokinesis was powerful to slightly lift a hulking chaos marine, a few weapons were nothing.

"Cease this, I implore you." the mortal sorcerer said, his outstreched hand seemingly holding up the Huntsman with invisible forces. "This is not behaviour befitting such estemeed champions of chaos, and especially not in the company of Lady Inessa here." he said, as he looked over to the captain of the vessel he himself was a "senior advisor" on. Where he had come from no one could really say. He had just appeared suddenly, as soon as the Huntsman began floating. In fact, he had been there all along—just out of view for anyone to see. Such were the powers of the warp.

"I will let you down, Huntsman, and return the weapons to the rest. But know this—you are nothing compared to the might of the immaterium itself." As soon as he was finished, the Huntsman's boots touched solid ground, and the weapons taken returned to their owners. But at the slightest hint of intent to strike anyone else down, Sevyrch was ready to act.

The sorcerer in his extravagent dark robes, seemingly wearing a helmet of some kind of eldar design—though severely malformed, assumably from years of chaotic influences—under his hood, turned to the Reaver. "Lady-captain," he said, "perhaps we should find others to share our explots with, if these ones cannot behave for even just a minute?"

I'm godmodding to stop this before someone dies, and so we can move this forward. You're either suspended in air or disarmed (only applies to you if you were going to attack or tried to attack someone), you're now out of combat. I advise you not to re-enter it. I think everyone will appreciate this kind of godmodding at this point.

dupersudi
2014-06-16, 11:19 AM
Antilles resists the tugging on his Blastmaster, refusing to relinquish it. Responding towards the Nurglite. "I misunderstood what you were saying before. Hopefully the situation has been resolved now Nurglite, and our intervention will not be necessary. I would not relish wrestling with that..." He gestures at the Huntsmaster. He looks now to the sorcerer who just appeared. "Your timely intervention likely saved several lives here. I would ask that you not judge us all by that ones actions. We know him about as well as you do. But if you ever attempt to take my weapon again, I WILL make music with your screams. And you, Huntsmaster, stop being suicidal, not only would the Psyker and the Mortals kill you, the rest of us Marines would probably do the same. Not to mention the Gun-Cutter aiming at you right now. The Psyker probably just saved your life as well as whoever you were attempting to kill."

FroDough
2014-06-16, 11:24 AM
"I will display... Patience. But take my sword from me again and it will be thrust down your throat. Talk to me when you desire something killed."
Stalking off, the Huntsmaster distanced himself from the crowd, waiting for a decision. He beckoned to his crow and it fluttered to his shoulder. He lumbered off to the far side of the disc, fuming at the indignity.

Emperor Ing
2014-06-16, 12:15 PM
Doctor Nephthys watches with withdrawn interest. It would seem the destructive impulses of this warband have been subdued. For now. I believe it is my turn to make introductions. The speaker doesn't doubt that such impulses will make themselves known at some point in the future. I am Eridan Nephthys, though some simply call me Good Ol' Doctor Neph. Former Apothecary to the Salamanders Chapter, now enlightened to the boundless compassion and joy of Nurgle.

Jyssika
2014-06-16, 12:42 PM
The Monster giggles; it is a truely discusting noise.

We have human puppets like you to fly and service our ship
for us, my Lady. His grin is wide, given a long title
and a brat who is willing to throw himself infront of a
Teriminator and you are happy to do all the tedious jobs
whilst we are busy doing the hard work.

As to my ability to take a ship; Lady... I have fought
for centuries as a member of strike teams whos sole
purpose was to take ships, if anything I barely
remember how to fight outside of the warmth of
vaccuum. But that is not for you to know, after all
I do not have a name as long winded as yours
describing my every deed.
perhaps I don't have a name at all any more...

And now I am a memeber of the fallen; and believe
me I have done my fair share of taking ships since
my wings were clipped.

He watches as the Terminator charges; he knew
this one was a disapointment, he makes the whole
lot of them look bad... its discusting.
He is ready; he could act but they both deserve their
fate... the petulant child of a Reaver wont die and
maybe the Hunter will.. but that will be no loss.

He laughs as the psyker takes everyones weapons;
his unmoving blades still attached to his wrists;
oh to give the Reaver girl a small cut at her neck,
just a little one... to show her he could... but that
would be childish.

--- (Present)

Can you all stop with this pointless bravado?

And listen; when others speak.

He detests being the voice of reason; especially
with infantile accusations from the Lady Reaver...
She clearly needed to unblock her ears also not
just the Astartes.

The humans have their assets; we have centuries
of experience...

His eyes fall on the Lady Reaver.

You should learn to respect us for what we are
not whatever stories you have heard; I would
rip you limb from limb, but I am not a beast
and your death would be a loss to our campaign
... and I would not particularly enjoy fighting
pointlessly against overwhelming odd's for the
next day or two and then having to swim
through the void hoping for a passing ship
before my cybernetic lungs failed to sustain me.
... presuming I survived the firepower of your
small fleet.

Finally he looks to the Terminator.

Although perhaps not him... he clearly
has been spending too much time on his
own.

Wyndeward
2014-06-16, 04:12 PM
Vladislav Guerayin hid his dismay behind a perfumed handkerchief. Rebellion was dangerous business, but his allies would be as dangerous as his foes. He wore no armor, but a black dress uniform.

"Greetings, I am Vladislav Guerayin of the Libertas." He said simply, not wishing to prolong the rounds of chest-beating. He rested his hand upon the pommel of his powersword casually, looking down at his flawlessly shined black boots.

dupersudi
2014-06-16, 05:18 PM
Antilles looks at Neph for a moment before responding. Introductions, really? Well, I suppose it would get irritating if we only referred to one another as nurglite or Noise Marine. I suppose I should just do it. "I am Antilles Scipir, former Novamarine Devastator, now I am a Noise Marine of Slaanesh."

OOC: Italics denotes thoughts.

Raunchel
2014-06-17, 05:47 AM
Luise is relieved when her pistol is pulled away from her by the sorcerer. The violence had to end. She is unarmoured, wearing her usual black uniform. Leaving the Imperial Navy meant that she had to design her own, and the uniform reflexts her stern military taste. The lower officers on her ship wear similar uniforms, although they of course bear lesser rank markings than her own. She has armour, but she doesn't habitually wear it, only when involved in boarding actions or situations similar to them.

"I am Luise Ramius, captain in her majesty's navy. I hold command of the Inspiring Wrath. I am here for one reason, and that is to plan towards the fall of our common enemies."

Jyssika
2014-06-17, 11:34 AM
He steps forward; now next to Ramius.

I am a former Blood Angel; left to die by the Deathwatch.
I found myself here aboard the brave Lady Ramius's vessel.

It took a lot of guts to stand infront of a charging Terminator;
even for the greatest of humans and especially unarmoured
and out gunned.

The young captain was very brave; very brave indeed.

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-17, 01:57 PM
Rather unnoticed the entire time beside the captain stood a young, somewhat unremarkable woman in red robes. She doesn't appear to be armed or armoured in any way. She spoke in a soft, soothing voice, "Truly, this show of force is needless. We all are here to strive towards a single goal. If we squabble amongst ourselves now, our goal is lost. Set aside your petty grievances until such a time that the Imperium has been crushed my brothers and sisters. What we were matters not, who we are matters not. In a time such as this, all that matters is what we shall become. As for introductions, I am the Arch-Heretek Lysandra, the Queen of Metal."

watupwithdat
2014-06-17, 02:43 PM
The little atmosphere there was on the asteroid seemed to be filled with the hint of brimstone, and general corruption. It had changed since the sorcerer had suddenly appeared before them all.

Now that the situation had calmed down, Sevyrch thought the moment was as good as any to finally introduce himself to those who did not know him—which were the majority. He had until now just been on Lady Inessa's ship, and not interacted with those outside of it. "I am Sevyrch, learned in the dark arts of sorcery, bringer of daemons. I have heard names given to me by others, but I am loathe to use them myself. Suffice to say, daemons clamor to my being from the other side of the veil, and the thought of that should exhilarate you." There was a slight hint of savage in the way he spoke, as if he learnt to speak well long after he knew how to do other things. But who could know what lurked behind the calm surface, and beneath those robes. Robes that seemed to shift slightly at points, like something moving inside of them.

FroDough
2014-06-18, 02:35 PM
Servos whining as the stomped back to the group,the Huntsmasters vox whirred into action.

"I... I do not remember my name. I will respond to Huntsmaster. I kill things."

Turning, he picked up his heavy flamer, and sheathed his sword.

In a slightly more subdued tone, he murmured

"You posses bravery Luise. If you had been born a man, I suspect the thin bloods would have taken you in."

Wyndeward
2014-06-19, 09:26 AM
Vladislav looked at the assembled worthies. Rather that threaten one another, perhaps we should look to potential targets. The dark forge world of Samech have fleet based there and do many repairs, the pits of Kurse are a recruiting ground for pirates, Prince Cavir is based near the 13_ station of passage where he preys upon the maw, in the expanse in the foundling worlds there is the Saynay clan and Karlard Vaal, near the Cinerus Malificum is the grand cruiser fleet of rogue navigator Ember Nostromo. All potential allies or targets of our wrath.

Raunchel
2014-06-19, 09:58 AM
The terminator returns. Luise is not someone who would ever be able to stand up to such a warrior, she knows that. The only reason that she did it was to protect her queen, and then it was only a rash action, not something that she would do if given time to consider her actual position. She doesn't want a renewed confrontation, and imagines what he could do if unleashed from a boarding torpedo.

"I only do my duty to the gods. Let fear be a feeling for the servants of the false Emperor. A true servant of the eightfold path has nothing to fear. You surely are a mighty warrior and I hope for a fruitful cooperation in the name of the gods."

She then turns to the group: "There also is the fleet of house Typhon. We have four capital ships, three of which can stand in the line of battle. Such force is strong, but a vital element of a true battlefleet is missing, we need destroyers and frigattes, to hunt down the light elements of the enemy, and to support landings. We also need armies. Even when we lie above a world, it still has to be taken, and that takes men, many, many men. To bring them to the front we need transports. These are easy to take with lighter ships, like my Inpiring Wrath. The dark forge world for now is too strong to take, as is Cavir. To take them, more light elements will be needed. Nostromo has capital ships, and taking them would be a major undertaking. For now we must strike weaker foes, to bring us strength. I propose taking on Rudaris and seizing his fleet over Kurse, there are many other pirates there as well, they will rally to us when we show strength."

Emperor Ing
2014-06-19, 10:15 AM
I support this endeavor. The Good Ol' Doctor lends his support. Building our forces up from subjugating the smaller assets of the Vortex, working up to the conquest of greater powers. However...

The Plague Marine steps forward. The enlightened forces of Chaos are regrettably prone to in-fighting, clashing egos divide what should be a united effort and topple even the most unstoppable of Black Crusades. The Huntsmaster and his...rage is but a microcosm of a far greater and more perilous fracturing we may experience further along our noble quest when thousands of devoted warriors of Chaos and even entire vessels are at risk due to our clashing egos, rather than the lives of one single Astartes and Human. I want to call you all Battle-Brothers, I want assurance that you will all have both mine and each others' backs. We will not always agree, but I want to know that when we disagree we can resolve and reconcile it peacefully, for our rage is better spent against our true enemies rather than each other.

dupersudi
2014-06-19, 10:52 AM
"You have been the most level headed here Neph. Very well, you have my assurances that I shall work to further our crusade and avoid infighting so long as others do the same. Should we elect a nominal leader? Or decide our path by majority rules?

In any case, I propose that our first action should be to acquire more vessels of any sort possible. Targeting the weaker pirate lords first because it sounds like we lack the smaller ships that they tend to possess. I, and perhaps others who excel more in close combat than floating about in the void, could attempt to join them for easy access to their leaders. If we decapitate the leadership, we may be able to acquire their assets mostly intact. And it sounds like even if we wind up killing the crews or armies they possess we could otherwise acquire these pits of Kurse could supply us with more. Would you happen to know the makeup of this Rudaris' fleet?"

FroDough
2014-06-19, 11:29 AM
"I will comply with your request Doctor, so long as if we have a leader, you are he, and not some spineless mortal" The Huntsmaster growled.

"However, with this plan to attack the pirate lords... Their fleet dangles above Kurse yes? It would not be an error to presume they are perhaps recruiting from that world. What I suggest" - The word seemed to distort itself in his mouth as if it was a taste unknown to him - "is that the more combat able participants work our way through these pits to the pirate vessel, we impress them through force, they recruit us. Once aborad we prepare the way for... induction... into our forces."

Jyssika
2014-06-19, 12:42 PM
So long as those aligned behind a single god do not attempt to
force their ways upon other Unnaligned or of other persuasions
I have no qwalms working with any of you.

Let me remind you Hunter that all information as to potential targets has so far
come from spineless mortals, you would do well to remember that. All you have
provided so ...

He stops, further skolding the Hunter would be counter productive
no matter how much he deserved it.

Turning back to the Huntsman he nods.

You raise a good point; however, I would suggest a small change.
Those who would approach the Pirate Lords under the guise of swearing feilty
would be watched like animals, pirates are renound for their paranoid.

They may even just kill them outright; simply taking their assets from
their corpses.

If the Fleet as a whole were to approach; under the guise of working
under one of these Pirate Lords then we Astartes could make our way
onto the ship unnonticed whilst their security are focussed on the
meeting between our Lady Captain and the Lord Pirates staff.

FroDough
2014-06-19, 01:21 PM
"I let myself be led be a data storage module once before. It was unpleasant. Regardless, this approach would require sneaking yes? That is an idea I can get behind. I almost prefer this idea. Much more ... Efficient."

Emperor Ing
2014-06-19, 01:29 PM
I am skilled in the art of infiltration. This is a task I would be able to accomplish as well. He likes to imagine that any damage he could do while infiltrating is simply a contingency in case the pirate princes do not bend knee to their immediate superiors.

dupersudi
2014-06-19, 01:32 PM
"I believe that Neph would make a capable leader as well. Sneaking or deceit would enable us to get within reach of the targets, yes. I feel like lying our way into the Pirates stronghold would likely be easier. I am not known for my quiet manner after all, and Terminator armor was not built for subtlety."

Emperor Ing
2014-06-19, 02:31 PM
If you feel I should be the leader, I must inform you. I am not a speaker. I cannot rouse the masses with stirring speeches nor will I command such respect that our allies would rather die than disobey.

If you wish to reconsider your nomination for me as leader I will hold no grudge against it. I am a doctor, I am an artisan of disease, and I am an infiltrator. If you still feel that I am someone you wish to follow, then I will accept. It is very hard to tell if his humility is simply an unbroken habit of his Loyalist past or a Nurglite thing.

Raunchel
2014-06-19, 02:31 PM
"I hope that I do not offend anyone, but I feel compelled to object. Neph, you are amongst the greatest in your field and your service to the Plague God is beyobd compare. But I fear that more is needed than a great warrior and bringer of despair to lead an endeavour like ours. I mean no disrespect, let that be clear, but your great skills are not in some of the vital fields for such leadership. What we require is a leader of the masses, someone with a presence that makes them want to follow this person.", Luise pauses, letting her words sink in, "But, such a person should not be at the center of any religious controversy. Your majesty, with your permission I would forward you for this position."

Emperor Ing
2014-06-19, 02:38 PM
Doctor Neph raises a hand in a gesture of peace. No offense taken. As I have said, I understand completely.

Wyndeward
2014-06-19, 03:09 PM
Vladislav steeples his fingers, hooking his thumbs under his chin. The need for a command structure is obvious... Strategically, I would recommend allying with the dark forgeworld of Samach and some of the greater pirate bands, while "encouraging" the smaller ones to our banner.

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-19, 03:50 PM
Lysanda nodded at the opinion, speaking up once again, "I believe I am best tasked for dealing with the mechanicus heterekus." She smiled a completely normal, rather unremarkable smile.

watupwithdat
2014-06-19, 04:30 PM
Sevyrch listened quietly while the rest made their best efforts at being diplomatic, maybe trying extra due to the violence earlier, and trying to figure out who to make a leader of them all. He himself was little interested in an open and front leader position. He was more comfortable leading from behind, or manipulating those leading into doing what he thought was the course of action, so he could find more time doing what he actually found interesting. Whoever they chose now would most likely not be a permanent leader, as issues would inevitably arise.

Jyssika
2014-06-19, 05:42 PM
He speaks to Ramius

I believe the leadership issue is raised by the Astartes of the Astartes
young one,

He speaks in a way as though trying not condecend; it is warm
strangely so...

It is quite apparent who rules amongst the humans; leadership amongst
Astartes is never as easy as amongst your kind.

Then he adresses the Astartes.

Now is not the time for appointing leaders.
Capabilities and temprements are unknown,
a wise and educated decision cannot be made.

DrK
2014-06-21, 06:16 AM
A few hours later, negotiations concluded without any particular bloodshed or violence 4 shuttles lift off the asteroid returning to the Dominator, The Silence of Damnation, The inspiring Wrath and the Libertas. And in short order the islands of the Ragged Helix are lit by great plumes of plasma flares as the 4 cruisers or various sizes break orbit and begin the slow threading through the asteroids towards empty void to make the short jump in the howling warp to the pits of Kurse near the Cat's Cradle storm...

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130405173032/warhammer40k/images/b/ba/Screaming_Vortex_Map2.jpg

The islands of the helix tumble by, hundreds of planetoids and other large rocks floating through the void. Some the size of battle tanks, others pitted and scarred and hundreds of kilometres across. But the 4 cruisers easily navigate the tangled mess slowly with the pilots alert to any dangers from the floating rocks...

With a -20 included for the rock and dust cloud in the asteroid
Silence of Damnantion [roll0] TN 50
Inspiring Wrath [roll1] TN 55
Libertas [roll2] TN 45
Dominator [roll]1d100/roll] 17 see OOC TN 40

As the fleet moves the dust and rocks blocking many returns both Silence of Dammnation and the Dominator begin to receive sensor echoes at the edge of detectable range... As both register a thermal and auger echoe some 170000 km away hiding in a thick dense patch of the fields...

In combat...
Dust Clouds: Maximum range of weapons/sensors is 17 VU due to dust and debris. Silent moving gains +30 to the test
Dust Clouds: All auger checks are two degrees more difficult (i.e. -20 on sensor checks)
Asteroids: In combat an additional routine (+10) pilot check is required each round to avoid rocks. Failure means you hit some
Asteroids: Weapons fire suffers increasing penalties to hit due to rocks. 0-5 VU = 0, 6-10VU = -10, 11-15 VU = -20, 16-20 = -30 etc...

Raunchel
2014-06-21, 08:53 AM
Luise Ramius stands on the bridge of the Inspiring Wrath. She doesn't believe in thrones, when it comes to battle a captain should stand on her bridge. The systems run at low power, she prefers it that way, there are far too many ambushes in the void, and she wants to be the one to do the ambushing. Her ship is at the far port side of the formation, slightly ahead of the powerful gunships. There is nothing on the augers, but that means nothing, these fields are a perfect place to hide, she would do the same. And with the blessing of the gods one salvo can be sufficient to cripple even the mightiest ships. They are a target, almost a perfect target. There are no escorts, a light fighter screen. A dozen raiders could be hiding here, leaving mines and readying guns. One swift attack, that would be everything. The wreckage alone would be worth it. And to capture one of these dreadnoughts would make any pirate a king.

"Three degrees to port, one point five top.", she commands, avoiding another one of the rocks. She looks forwards to being in free space again, she constantly expects an ambush to be sprung.

And a pilot(spacecraft) roll(vs 141, ignoring manouverability, but including the shadow fields. The Empyrean mantle is not included either.): [roll0]

Jyssika
2014-06-21, 09:02 AM
He Who Thirsts enters the Bridge; whether
Ramius had wanted him back on-board he did
not much care, for now this was his home.

He didn't speak, for a hulking brute with
bicepts the size of Ramius' waist and
clad in Power Armour he was very quiet
and very fast... it was disturbing.

He did not wish to draw the attention
of her crew; although she seemed un-
-phased by his presence most of her
lapping dogs where not, simply standing
silently at the back. Watching.

FroDough
2014-06-21, 05:58 PM
"Ramius". A metalic voice rang out across the command deck, cutting through the jabber of the crew at work. "I desire to kill them. Where are your boarding torpedo's?" . The Huntsmaster ambled over to the Daemonspawn. "I suspect that we will need a sergeant in this action. Not necessarily a commander."

Jyssika
2014-06-21, 06:28 PM
He rolls his eyes suprised the Huntsmoron
was even capable of finding his way to the
bridge, he was sure the Captain had not
shown him the way.

Giving her an appologetic look he addresses
the loudmouth in Terminator armour.

Kill what you loud oaf; there has been no
positive identification that we are even picking up
enemy vessels yet!

He points to the door.

You seemed to find your way to the Bridge, somehow,
I am sure you can find a tube to throw yourself into.

Maybe we will be lucky and your torpedo will miss.
He thinks it; but decides its better not to say it.

FroDough
2014-06-22, 06:30 AM
"You mean to tell me... That you detect thermal signatures in the most pirated area in the Galaxy, and intend to sit here like lambs for the slaughter? My apologies if I haven't yet found some brave sot to lead me to the gun deck, there are surprisingly few people here ready to enter combat."

Jyssika
2014-06-22, 06:41 AM
He sneers at the Brute's foolishness.
He points to the display screen; the other ships
displayed as icons. No other contacts appear
on them.

What thermal signitures?

Raunchel
2014-06-22, 09:17 AM
"Our auger arrays detect nothing. We are currently silent so we should be reasonably safe, although I do not trust this field. We are at battle stations for that reason.", Ramius replies. Mister Rycke, would you escort our guest to tube three?"

Emperor Ing
2014-06-22, 09:53 AM
The Doctor stands on the bridge, gazing out into the void silently, waiting.

dupersudi
2014-06-22, 10:29 AM
Antilles is sitting on the floor of the bridge, still quite capable of seeing everything. He cradles his Blastmaster in his arms. "If it is an inhabited craft it is likely hostile, if it isn't inhabited, it is still likely hostile. With your permission Captain, I would like to operate your fore weapons. I do so love getting to shoot things, and have gotten quite proficient at it. Even if your ships weapons do not make the beautiful noises my weapons do." He pats his Blastmaster and chuckles. With his voice it is mildly terrifying.

Wyndeward
2014-06-22, 04:02 PM
Vladislav ordered the vessel to silent running, with minimal thrusters to avoid the larger rocks in the area. Glancing down at the tactical display, he looks for anything that might be an opponent doing the same thing. "Slowly, slowly, my boys... let's not give away the game too soon".

DrK
2014-06-22, 04:08 PM
Aboard the Inspiring Wrath where the poor Lady Captain was beginning to feel outnumbered by the selection of towering Astartes all around her the vox crackles as the Queen of Nitrolose offers some suggestions to the fleet.

++ Silence of Damnation to fleet. Auger echo detected bearing 020 by 016. Range 17000km. Libertas and Inspiring Wrath move in and investigate. Domainator come to full stop. Arm nova cannons. Launch the CVP.

In space, massive thrusters burn as the two heavier cruisers come to a relative stop. Glittering energy and gravimetric flows beginning to thrum and vibrate around the pair of Nova cannon. From the flanks of the Silence a pair of interceptor squadrons burst forth, the heavily armed furies taking up a defensive posture around the battlecruiser.

In space, slowly moving between the spinning void asteroids the Libertas slowly chugs forward moving to avoid the heavy chunks of of ice, metal and rock as it glides slowly forward. Massive lath culverins slowly jutting from the gun ports as she prepares for war.

Pilot [roll0] TN 60 to avoid the asteroids (damage if needed [roll1] included 1d5+1 per DoF)
Sensors [roll2] TN 45

Closing to 12 VU from target

Wyndeward
2014-06-22, 04:20 PM
"Once more into the breach -- Ready all weapons and bring us up to condition yellow."

The Libertas lurched as her in-system thrusters roared to life. "What have we got on the auger array?"

Raunchel
2014-06-23, 04:51 AM
"Mr. Scipir, you may command the torpedoes, and please keep in mind to launch tubes three and four slightly after the others, those contain boarding torpedoes, and we don't want our Huntsmaster and any who choose to go with him to be obliterated by the detonations of the others. And you will hear the most exhillerating sounds when you hear them scream over the vox, knowing that their doom approaches and that there is nothing they can do to stop it."

The signal arrives, something has been detected, as expected. This is the perfect place for an ambush, but if her strategy works, she will get to ambush the ambushers. The capital ships will be the target of any raid, and they will get hit hard. But when they fire the enemy will reveal himself, and then she can do what she does best. Break their line and engage at short range. "Please make an active scan, lieutenant Locris, we must know what we are facing here. And maintain vox silence, there is no reason for us to be detected yet."

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-23, 08:27 AM
"Is there anything I might help with Lady Captain? It has been centuries since I have commanded my own fleet, but I do recall much of the working of the ship." The small woman asked from the Lady Captain's side. It was a wonder how the small woman kept doing that, she moved silently and kept herself hidden, even in the middle of a bridge.

Raunchel
2014-06-23, 09:00 AM
"Honoured Lysandra, we are currently attempting to detect the enemy, but these asteroids are confusing the machine spirits of the arrays. Would you be as kind as to soothe them and to help them avoid the confusion that has beset them?", the captain replies. She is fond of the arch-heretek, unlike the astartes she doesn't give Luise the feeling that she will try to kill her.

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-23, 10:40 AM
"Of course Lady Captain. It should be simple matter." She walks up to a console shooing the attendant heretek away, Step aside fool, a Master is at work." Lysandra presses maybe three buttons in total.

[roll0] - vs 108

Holy ****. Uh. Twelve degrees of success I believe? So, +35 on detection.

A master indeed.

"There. Your systems have been upgraded until your mechanical fools mess with them again."

Emperor Ing
2014-06-23, 11:30 AM
Neph quietly makes his way to the boarding torpedoes, silently lamenting these vessels' lack of a proper Teleportarium.

Jyssika
2014-06-23, 12:14 PM
Now that the bridge of the Inspiring Wrath is less busy
of Astartes He Who Thirsts steps forward standing next
to Lady Ramius.

He gazes at the many displays and windows into the void.
What are your intentions should the contact
be too agile to board via torpedoes? Simply destroy it?

DrK
2014-06-23, 01:00 PM
The Libertas and the silent Inspiring Wrath glide forward through the asteroids. The light cruiser a mere hole in the void... As they close upon the signature Luis's sensorioum officer looks up. Great lady. The signal is strange, very small. Maybe a bait buoy, certainly not a full ship...
Wait, I have two more. 2 and 4 VU beyond the bait. Both powered down, small silhouettes. Likely raiders.

Libertas and wrath closing to 11VU.
Wrath picks up 2 vessels silent running at 13 and 15 VU respectively

Raunchel
2014-06-24, 07:51 AM
"Steer fifteen degrees to port, seven keelward.", Luise commands.

"Lady captain, we are coming dangerously close to the asteroid designated seventeen DL nine."

"I am well aware of that. You will obey. And give me a proper reading of those two identified ships while still scanning our surroundings. Two raiders are not enough for such an ambush. They either use mimic drives to appear weaker than they are, or there are more ships lurking nearby, along with mines and deadfall torpedoes. There could also be squadrons of attack craft hiding here. This is no place for capital ships. Signal the fleet with the locations of these first two targets and inform them that this is an ambush."

Minutes later the Inspiring Wrath reaches the targeted asteroid. "Adjust course, six degrees starboard, nine keelward."

She continues giving orders for slight course adjustments to bring the ship ever closer to the enemy, while remaining undetected. The batteries are armed, the torpedoes loaded. When the time comes she will destroy her enemies. She knows it, but there is a doubt nagging at her mind, what do these fields hide? There could be almost anything here, there has to be, if they think to engage three cruisers.

Rolling for pilot check: [roll0]
And detection, hopefully again with help from some of the pc´s that are on the Wrath. I also hope that some of them will use extended actions for scanning the enemy ships: [roll1]

dupersudi
2014-06-24, 11:33 AM
Antilles walks over to the Augury station and peers over the shoulder of the crewman operating it. "Activate the system. Let us see if I can glean anything more with my enhanced senses out of this machine."

Augury Roll
[roll0] Threshold of 108, base 73 -20 untrained +20 ship, +35 from Heretek?

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-24, 12:39 PM
Lysandra glared at the panel before her, her uprgrades already diminishing. One moment. Recalibrating.

[roll0] v 108

So, that's a +10 at least
Actually wait... I forgot about my Magos traits. 4 DoS for me! Yay +15.

The panel she is working on explodes into a shower of sparks, and the heretek disapears for a moment in a shower of light. "Piece of Drek!"

Wyndeward
2014-06-25, 08:54 AM
Vladislav learned forward on command throne, perusing the tactical display aboard his ship as the Libertas slowly moved forward toward the augury ping.

"Give me another scan of this mess -- I want to see what we're getting into and prepare the hymn casters -- I don't want them coordinating against us.

Detection roll against a 55 -- [roll0]

DrK
2014-06-25, 04:39 PM
The Libertas and the ghostlike Inspiring Wrath slide forward another 40000 km towards the void bait hanging in the void, the Libertas's active sensors beating the massive field with its auger waves as suddenly 3 more vessels appear on the augers! All hidden in the shadows of the asteroids. Two match the raider hull configurations. One larger one the size of a light cruiser though one decorated with vivid chaos sigils and devotions to slaneesh. Even as the vessel goes live the vox waves and space itself are ripped asunder by the massive arrays on the light cruiser as what sounds like pure blastmaster music is amplified a million fold blocking and jamming all of the vox frequencies!

The 5 enemy ships surge forward on plumes of plasma fire, torpedoes, lance fire and plasma shells leaping forward through the void! Two raiders streaking forward, weapons blazing as they target Dominator with torpedes, lances and plasma batteries. The first two raiders move to engage the libertas as backed up by the massive wall of noise and flares and other countermeasures flaring around it the cruiser unleashes plasma driven fury at libertas, the vessel itself wrapped in a flickering shadowfield.

Raid 1 VS Libertas
- Pilot [roll0] TN 110 avoid rocks
- Sensor lock on [roll1] TN 40
- Plasma battery [roll2] TN75 [roll3] [roll4] [roll5] [roll6]
- Torpedoes [roll7] TN70 Turrets [roll8] TN ?? [roll9] [roll10]

Raid 2 VS Libertas
- Pilot [roll11] TN 110 avoid rocks
- Sensor lock on [roll12] TN 40
- Plasma battery [roll13] TN75 [roll14] [roll15] [roll16] [roll17]
- Sunhammer [roll18] TN 75 [roll19]

Raid 3 VS Dominator
- Pilot [roll20] TN 110 avoid rocks
- Sensor lock on [roll21] TN 40
- Plasma battery [roll22] TN65 [roll23] [roll24] [roll25] [roll26]
- Torpedoes [roll27] TN60 Turrets [roll28] TN ?? [roll29] [roll30]

Raid 4 VS Dominator
- Pilot [roll31] TN 110 avoid rocks
- Sensor lock on [roll32] TN 40
- Plasma battery [roll33] TN65 [roll34] [roll35] [roll36] [roll37]
- Sunhammer [roll38] TN 65 [roll39]

Cruiser 1
Pilot [roll40] TN 111
Jammers - Tech Use -10 to vox anyone within 30VU
Lock on Battery 1 [roll41] TN 63
Hecuter 1 [roll42] TN 61 [roll43] [roll44] [roll45] [roll46]
Hecuter 2 [roll47] TN 61 [roll48] [roll49] [roll50] [roll51]
Countermeasures [roll52]

0 -- Silence of Damnantion/ Dominator
+6 -- Raid 3
+7 -- Raid 4
+8 -- Inspiring Wrath / Libertas
+13 -- raid1
+14 -- raid 2
+17 -- Voidbait
+20 -- Cruiser 1

In combat...
Dust Clouds: Maximum range of weapons/sensors is 17 VU due to dust and debris. Silent moving gains +30 to the test
Dust Clouds: All auger checks are two degrees more difficult (i.e. -20 on sensor checks)
Asteroids: In combat an additional routine (+10) pilot check is required each round to avoid rocks. Failure means you hit some
Asteroids: Weapons fire suffers increasing penalties to hit due to rocks. 0-5 VU = 0, 6-10VU = -10, 11-15 VU = -20, 16-20 = -30 etc...

KasmKat
2014-06-25, 10:11 PM
“Helmsman cut speed to half, Turn to port.” Lady Inessa barks, pulling the combat harness over herself and swinging the command screens in front of her before switching to the ships address system. “Attention, Prepare for combat, set condition red throughout the ship, I repeat Set condition Red throughout the ship.” As the Silence completes its slow turn she rings the First of the Raiders in a targeting circle for the nova cannon, ignoring the Second and targeting the third and fourth with Lance and Plasma Batteries while detailing three bomber squadrons to attack each.

Standard maneuver action performed by crew - (against 55) - [roll0] (speed 2, turn 45 degrees)

Nova-cannon Firing on Raider 1 - Against 7 (short range +10, Rocks -20, Nova Cannon -20, BS 37) - [roll1] - Miss
Nova cannon Miss - 3 VU further (even), Hits nothing

Plasma Broadside Against Raider 4 - Against 27 - [roll2] - Miss
Strength 6, Damage 1d10+14, Crit Rating 3 (Max 2 hits, no crits)
[roll3] - [roll4]

Godsbane Lance Battery Against Raider 3 - Against 37 - [roll5] - 1 hit
Strength 3, Damage 1d10+2, Crit Rating 2, Range 12 (Max 3 hits)
Crit (2 degrees of sucess) - [roll6]
[roll7] - [roll8] - [roll9]

3 Starhawk Bomber Squadrons against Raider 3 - Against 106 - [roll10] - 4 Degrees of success
Max 5 hits, 1d10+4 Per hit, Crit (If 4 degrees of sucess) - [roll11]
[roll12] - [roll13] - [roll14] - [roll15] - [roll16]

3 Starhawk Bomber Squadrons against Raider 4 - Against 106 - [roll17] - All the success (8 Degrees)
Max 5 hits, 1d10+4 Per hit, Crit (If 4 degrees of sucess) - [roll18]
[roll19] - [roll20] - [roll21] - [roll22] - [roll23]

I'm not sure if I'm able to fire weapons and Launch Bomber actions, If not I'll just launch bomber actions and have the base crew fire the weapons.
(Gah my BS is terrible...)

Raunchel
2014-06-26, 05:39 AM
"Full power to engines! Prepare for boarding action."

Suddenly the Inspiring Wrath becomes visible on all sensor arrays. She increases her speed to close with the light cruiser. She has her target and she will take the primary threat out of action. Luise's ship is vulnerable but she has manouvered to the place that she prefers in battle, the heart of the enemy fleet, ready to tear it out. She picks up the line connecting her to the boarding torpedoes. "Gentlemen, we are about to initiate the boarding of the hostile light cruiser. Their countermeasures make a torpedo attack infeasible. I request your presence at the head of our boarders. Let none of the enemy survive."

The ship doesn't open fire however, instead it hurls itself right at the enemy cruiser, intending to take it by storm, and to do it quickly.

So, first of all the pilot check to move savely: [roll0]TN 131
Then the pilot check to increase speed, +1 speed per degree of succes: [roll1]TN 141, so the total speed moved forwards will be 12 VU as that is where I want to be, and I automatically get at least four degrees of succes.

With the pilot tests outof the way we get to the fun stuff, the command roll for boarding. This does not yet include any bonuses from the presence of people like the Huntsmaster, Mr. Thirsty, Antilles or our good doctor. [roll2] TN 162

Sir Dancealot
2014-06-26, 08:28 AM
"Give me a moment, reverting any excess power to the engines for speed." Lysandra begins pressing buttons at seemingly random around the terminal, which is still occasionally throwing off sparks.

[roll0] v 108

+30 to speed! ALL AHEAD FULL!

I wish we could just ram THROUGH things...

Wyndeward
2014-06-26, 08:41 AM
Fourty five degrees to Starboard and give them a broadside!! Condition red! Activate the flak cannon and release the murder servitors! Make them fear us, lads! Fire when ready! The Libertas began its maneuver, its bombardment cannon and culverins searching for a target.

Port-side Culverin broadside 1
(1d100)[31]

Port-side Culverin broadside 2

(1d100)[92]

Targeting the closest raider

Jyssika
2014-06-26, 08:56 AM
He Who Thirsts acknowledges the order of
the Captain; for her standards... it was weak,
nothing that her crew would fanatically charge
to their deaths for.

He is fast; very fast... leaving the Bridge he moves at
absurd speeds, even activating his jetpack in the
longer corridors to further increase his already
absurd speed. Moments later; almost impossibly
he arrives at the head of the boarding party.

Fix bayonettes! Check void seals!
Cut their air before they cut yours!

He activates his two huge lightning claws
and clears the fans of his jet pack in a
dramatic gust of flames.

Fear what I shall do to you if you do
not fight like men!

watupwithdat
2014-06-26, 09:39 AM
On The Silence Sevyrch stood overlooking the augury station, and different holo-screens with various telemetrics. Since he had joined the Reaver Queen on her vessel, he had mostly found himself useful when it came to observerving, in both aspects he was capable of. In fact, it had turned out he was very proficient in command of the augury, little escaping him when he applied himself. If he did was another matter entirely, as he often drifted between the bridge and his private workspace none other than him had access to—not even Inessa had stepped foot there yet.

"This light cruiser. We shall find out what hides beneath its skin." the sorcerer said, directing the menial tasks of physical exertion to the lesser crewmen, while he stood in his robes looking stoic with his arcane trappings and devices—whose functions escaped most of those present. They had at least by now been able to grasp what he wanted them to do—at first his, at times, cryptic commands had become lost in translation.

I think I'm rolling Focused Augury on the Light Cruiser furthest away now (I think it's within range, otherwise have it target some of the raiders), correct me if I'm doing something wrong.

Scrutiny+Detection (90+30): [roll0] vs 120

6 DoS, so that should be max information to be had?

Emperor Ing
2014-06-26, 10:21 AM
It will be our skin shortly. A shimmering of the air reveals Doctor Neph, his form transluscent and difficult to spot. The outline of a thunder hammer is visible across his back as is a large heavy flamer shaped into the snarling form of a dragon's head in his hands. The rapid beat of air by massive wings keeps the Plague Marine hovering inches above the ground. It doesn't take long before what sound he does make fade into the background noise of the void and his form becomes even more difficult to make out.

dupersudi
2014-06-26, 10:56 AM
"I thought we were using the boarding torpedos!?!" Antilles yells as he sprints off the bridge and makes for the prow, eager to join the Boarding action. He activates his helmet vox and attempts to contact the other Marines. (if successful) "Wait for me fellows, I wish to join you in the slaughter of these fools. Are we making for the enemy bridge? Or the Engine room?"

Jyssika
2014-06-26, 11:30 AM
In such a large scale conflict we do not have the time to take the
engines and wait; we must cut the guns by siezing the Bridge!

We board and head straight there; the fighting will be thick
but every moment we save shall be a battery strike
not directed against out capital assets.

[roll0] Tactics Void Combat vs 45
well... what he said clearly makes no tactical sense...
Oh well. :)

Emperor Ing
2014-06-26, 11:46 AM
Silently the Doctor contemplates his options. A direct assault on perhaps the most heavily defended area of the ship may be foolhardy. Perhaps a more stealth-based approach will work, certainly someone like the Huntsmaster must have an appreciation for subtlety...said no-one ever.

Target 80
[roll0]

DrK
2014-07-01, 01:36 PM
Fire, death and debris begin to fill the void. The two raiders that had streaked forward to assail the Dominator firing heavily at the massive vessel, most fire had no effect, the plasma batteries slowly battering down the shields before the lance scored a passing glancing blow against the hull. But... the torpedo was devastating, flying down the actual barrel of the nova cannon before detonating a great firestorm swept through the prow of the dominator until the flames reached the cavernous Nova magazine. The 15m thick adamantine door still ajar as the flames swept in triggering all 23*Nova shells simultaneously. The void trembles at the cataclysmic explosion as the Dominator vanishes in a vast explosion that could have destroyed a reasonable sized planet! *

As bannaphone hasn't posted since it started he has now now been written out the game

The return fire from the nearby Silence wasn't massively accurate, the batteries merely taking out the shields but the two flights of bombers were brutal, the heavy bombers darting and weaving through the heavy point lasers, plasma charges and melta bombs falling free and slamming into the sleek raiders tearing its guts open as thousands of men and mutants were engulfed by fire or blown to an icy death in the void. Also aboard the colossal cruiser the Devourer of souls manned the consoles of the augurs but the searching augers that managed to penetrate the hull of the light cruiser found naught but a twisting array of spaces, shielded components and links tha made no sense

Shadowfield gives a -30. But also tenebro maze means no obvious locations

The Libertas was the target of the other raiders and the light cruiser. Plasma fire, torpedoes and lance strikes hammering her until her shields overloaded and she started taking hull strikes. A plasma battery strike slamming into the sides of the vessel blowing a great hull in the upper hull as*dozens of crew are sucked out as the flak turrets and geller controls are vented into the void. More worryingly the void shield generator takes a lance strike, flames burning amidst the elctrical discharges as voids shields go down.

Depressurised = geller field, flak turrets
Fire = Void shield generator
Damage = Hull 5 ; Crew 5 + [roll0]; Morale 5 + [roll1]

The return fire from the Libertas was accurate and harsh. The nearest raider strafed, before the generators gave up in a ball of flames and massive batteries continued striking the sides of the vessel with brutal accuracy.

As that happened the engines on the Inspiring Wrath went to full burn as she darted across the asteroid field coming alongside the shadowfielded cruiser. Boarding collars extended and cutting lances bored into her hull before the boarding parties surged across into a maze of terror, fire and above all the noise of a thousand screeching demons. Before even a beachhead could form or the prodigious tactical knowledge of the marines aboard be employed hundreds of Wrath crew were cut down by auto guns and blind corners laced with firing slits. The boarding collars becoming clogged with the piles of the dead despite the best efforts of the dark marines in the midst of the assault.

So...
Mr.Thirsty 32 *TN 111-10 for euphoric life sustainer = 101 = Pass by 69
Mr Pirate Prince 4 TN 127 = Pass by *123
Difference of 5 DoS so [roll2] Crew/Morale damage to the Inspiring Wrath

Both of the raiders near the Silence of Damnantion shot past the massive cruiser, one going above and one going below before they both vectored to *starboard into the blind spot at the rear of the Damnation , turrets swivelling around from the plasma batteries and strafing her exposed stern.

Raid 3
- Move 3 forward, turn 90 starboard, move 3 forward Pilot [roll3] TN 110
- Command check Vs flames [roll4] TN 80
- Lock on Damnantion [roll5] TN 40
- Fire plasma battery [roll6] TN 85 + lock on
* *--- [roll7][roll8][roll9][roll10] as needed
* *--- Crit [roll11] if needed

Raid 4
- Move 3 forward, turn 90 starboard, move 3 forward Pilot [roll12] TN 110
- Triage [roll13] TN 40
- Lock on Damnantion [roll14] TN 40
- Fire plasma battery [roll15] TN 85 + lock on
* *--- [roll16][roll17][roll18][roll19] as needed
* *--- Crit [roll20] if needed

The other two raiders closer to the now shieldless Libertas both performed crash stops, Thrusters and engine plumes flaming in the void as they attempted to keep their main weapons locked onto the Libertas. Torpedoes, plasma shells and the lance slashing and hammering the cruiser that shivers under the impacts as flames and bodies spill into the void.

Raid 1
- All stop [roll21] TN 110*
*-If he fails he overshoots and turns 90 starboard and won't use torpedoes
- Reload Torpedoes Command [roll22] TN 80
- Put out fire Command [roll23] TN 40
- Fire Torpedoes [roll24] TN 60 *-- Turrets [roll25] TN 60
Torpedoes [roll26]+14 and [roll27]+14
- Fire plasma battery [roll28] TN 85 + lock on
* *--- [roll29][roll30][roll31][roll32] as needed
* *--- Crit [roll33] if needed

Raid 2
- All stop [roll34] TN 100*
*-If he fails he overshoots and turns 90 starboard and won't use Lance
- Lock on Lance [roll35] TN 40
- Fire Lance [roll36] TN 85 + lock on
-- Damage [roll37] *Crit if needed [roll38]
- Fire plasma battery [roll39] TN 50
* *--- [roll40][roll41][roll42][roll43] as needed
* *--- Crit [roll44] if needed

Far out in front, thousands of kilometres in front of the others the pair of light cruisers wrestle and fight in the void. Despite the early success the Pirate Prince has no wish to stay and fight a messy boarding action spilling blood on the beautiful marble murals as he commands the ship to disengage. Boarding collars tearing and ripping as the enemy vessel struggle to draw clear. Bearing to starboard as it does so to bring the plasma batteries to bear upon the stern of the inspiring wrath, the port batteries picking out the Libertas as its assailed in gunfire from the pair of vicious raiders.

Pilot (-20) To disengage [roll45] TN 91
== PlusMaster of the Void if necessary [roll46] TN 91
- Move 3 forward and come to heading 225
- Lock on Target [roll47] TN 50
- Starboard Hecuter Vs the Libertas [roll48] TN 62
- Damage [roll49][roll50][roll51][roll52] and Crit if needed [roll53]

- Port Hecuter Vs the Wrath [roll54] TN 81
- Damage [roll55][roll56][roll57][roll58] and Crit if needed [roll59]

Silence +3 * * *(Heading 045)
Raid 3 * *+0 * *Fire in the torpedoes (Heading 270)
Raid 4 * *+1
Libertas *+10 *(Heading 045)
Raid 1 * *+13 *Void shields damaged (Heading 180)
Raid 2 * *+14 *(Heading 180)
Wrath * *+20 *(Heading 0)
Cruiser * +17 *(Heading 225)

Wyndeward
2014-07-01, 03:36 PM
The Libertas will move at half speed and turn 45 to port.

The Captain will organize a fire fighting crew to fight the fire in the void shield (against a 107)

[roll0]

The vessel will fire upon Raider 1 again

First battery (against a 70)
[roll1]

Second battery (against a 70)
[roll2]

The crew will attempt to repair the flak cannons (against a 40)
[roll3]

Wyndeward
2014-07-01, 07:03 PM
The Libertas will move at half speed and turn 45 to port.

The Captain will organize a fire fighting crew to fight the fire in the void shield (against a 107)

[roll0]

The vessel will fire upon Raider 1 again

First battery (against a 70)
[roll1]

Second battery (against a 70)
[roll2]

The crew will attempt to repair the flak cannons (against a 40)
[roll3]

I count that as 5 hits. (23-33-43-53-63)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Raunchel
2014-07-02, 05:59 AM
Inspiring Wrath
Luise is disappointed that the Astartes have not taken the enemy ship, she was always told that they were practically invincible in such operations. There is some damage to the ship, but it isn’t bad and she still has a few tricks. She observes the maneuvering of the enemy, which puts them precisely where she wants them to. She commands: ”Hard to starboard, maintain low speed. Master Scipir, please fire the starboard batteries when the enemy is within your sight. Lady Lysandra, would you be as kind as to repair the auger arrays? Master Willon, deploy countermeasures. Mistress Fidal, when the augers are ready, lock onto the target designated CL-43. ”

Pilot check for asteroids: [roll0]TN131
Pilot check for come to new heading: [roll1]TN121
This should put the Inspiring Wrath right behind the enemy ship, ready for Antilles to start shooting them with the starboard battery. The range(according to my inaccurate calculations) will be 9 VU, we don’t suffer double range penalties due to the turbo-weapons. I will give Scipir the +10% to a test from exceptional leader, I think that it might be helpful to get a better chance to hit. The come to new heading gives -20 to bs tests, but this is counteracted by the +20 from the guns. One of the crew will be locking on: [roll2] TN 75. (when the augers are reapired of course, but I think that out heretek will be up to it.) This will give another +15 to bs for the shooting.

And we did release defensive countermeasures to make us a little bit harder to hit now.

I assume that the unmentioned marines will be rolling willpower tests to keep the moral loss a little bit lower, and our good doctor can work his trade I think.

watupwithdat
2014-07-04, 08:06 PM
From the instruments infront of him, the chatter within the crew both that verbal and what he had picked up from surface thoughts, Sevyrch knew what was going on with the Silence and its surroundings. Raiders had crippled their propulsion somewhat, and were flying in their—seeming—blindspots. Or at least they had issues training the guns at them when the vessel turned so slowly. That was a problem.

But there were other targets out there in the void, apart from the enemy cruiser the augury systems had failed to properly map the interior of. Likely xenotech, or arcane cloaking. Eldar, the sorcerer assumed. He was a little familiar with eldar technology.

"The closest enemy vessel engaging the Libertas," Sevyrch began, expecting all to listen when he spoke. "amass all available data and calculate firing solutions." His instructions were short and to the point, though that would not stop him from speaking to himself or what seemed like it at least. One of the lowly crewmen had at one point thought the sorcerer to be possessed by some daemonic entity, which was what he had spoken to, and at that moment he had met the strange gaze of the arcane and spidery runes of Sevyrch's corrupt faceplate—a piercing gaze. Just like he knew what he had just thought. Since then that particular one had not again looked at the sorcerer in fear of what he'd see, or what would happen.

The augury cogitators tracked the enemy raider without any issues, and Sevyrch could easily pick out the most relevant calculations for the firing of the weapon batteries on the port broadside—the side that was in line of sight to the Libertas and its attackers. As the machines worked, so did Sevyrch, as he dumped the relevant targeting information straight into the minds of the officers in charge of the port Hecutor weapon batteries, and personally took dominated a few other gunners to discharge the plasma at the raider vessel. Telepathy was vastely more effective than verbal communication and waiting for someone else to do something you could make them do yourself right away. Though even Sevyrch's telepathy was a little on the low scale to do everything himself on such a large vessel, so a small part would have to do. At least he was efficient. That some gunners and crewmen found themselves to be nothing more than puppets on a string did not even register with the sorcerer. Such petty things were beyond his less than ordinary mind.

Successful Lock on Target on Raider 1 rolled in OOC: 9 successes, i.e. +25 to the weapon test.
Crew-fired Hecutor Pattern Plasma Broadside (Port, Strength 6, Damage 1d10+2, Crit Rating 3, Range 11): [roll0] vs 55 (not sure if I'm missing any modifiers here) Edit: the crew didn't do well, evidently.
Potential hits: [roll1], [roll2], [roll3], [roll4], [roll5] as needed.
Crit if needed: [roll6]

Not sure if I forgot anything, I'll add later if so.

dupersudi
2014-07-05, 11:13 AM
After sprinting back to the bridge once the boarding action had failed, Antilles was quite keen to get back at the enemy. "AYE AYE CAPTAIN!" He targets the Batteries towards the stern of the enemy ship, screaming "KABOOOM" when the guns fire.

Okay so
[roll0] Base of 79 +10 from Luise +15 from Augurs? So 104
5 DoS to crit

Possible hits Storm quality applies
[roll1] The +16 is from the -AV rule
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

I think that's everything let me know if I missed something.

Sir Dancealot
2014-07-07, 10:41 AM
"Blasted combat breaking my equimpent. YOU! THAT IS THE WRONG SPOT FOR THAT!" The ship rocked with another impact as Lysandra scurried about, repairing pieces of the damned ship.

Repairing! [roll0] vs Doesn't Matter as It is higher than 48
Repairs Time! [roll1] - 1 Turn no matter what really.

DrK
2014-07-07, 01:02 PM
The massive space battle continues even as shards of the Dominator continue to expand outwards from where she met her fiery end. With thrusters damaged the Silence blasts forward getting free of the swirling melee. Aboard the bridge of the Silence the launch bays register green across the board as all launch bays are refuelled. The great wailing klaxon near fire control also announces that the Nova Cannon has reloaded also. As the Silence blasts out of the combat zone Severus wanders over to shield controls and asks what the ancient controls do. Upon realising that the crewman has not even activated the ancient archeotech device properly the crewman dies a horrible deaths as a Severyn consumes his soul for his stupidity activating the massive multi-layered shields himself.*

The libertas swings back towards the battle as the raiders that had mercilessly pummelled her with fire swing into the sights of the gun crews. The shields, flak turrets and geller fields still offline from the damage she has sustained. Though with sustained effort the fire is brought back under control. The return fire devastates the small raider as fires and explosions wrack her hull crippling her. Trailing atmosphere and plasma the raider either can flee or be destroyed! Electronic systems and bound daemons now wreaking havoc inside the vessel.

On a 7+ components become unpowered [roll0]

The Wrath turns sharply as thrusters flare in the void. Despite the crew losses she is still keen and eager for the fight. The tech priest resetting the auger controls as the scanners return once more to life. The piloting superb as she ghosts through the asteroids without coming close to any and in pursuit of the enemy cruiser. The huntsmaster strides into the plasma battery controls thirsting for blood and as massive tank sized plasma shells streak across the void is dissapointed as they all sail wide of the mark. Lost in the tails of the ECM drones, flares and decoys or merely unable to lock onto the shifting target.

Lock on gives less DoS as Shadowfield gives a -30% on active auger actions
Shooting is at -50 for 1 more round from shadowfield and countermeasures.

The enemy fleet is clearly not done. Buoyed by the damage to the bigger ships and the destruction of the Dominator they continue to turn in for another devastating pass at the Queen's fleet. The crippled raider *begins to leave the battle, trying to limp out to freedom with broken drives and shattered hull. The second raider from that pair surges forward swinging to port as it comes to a new heading using the minor gravity of an asteroid to help it slingshot round. Plasma battery and lance slashing at the rear of the Libertas whilst it still has it void shields crippled.

The other two raiders turn back for another attack run. The lead one firing a spread of torpedoes from its prow tubes, the massive 60m long plasma warheads zooming on an intercept course with the Wrath!*

Raid 1 Pilot [roll1] TN 90 to avoid asteroids
Raid 3 Pilot [roll2] TN 110/100 to avoid asteroids/ come to new heading
-- Launch Torpedoes (wide spread.....)

The Wrath will have to consider where it wants to finish to avoid being targeted by torpedoes!*

Raid 4 Pilot [roll3] TN 110/100 to avoid asteroids/ come to new heading
-- Tech use (repair void) [roll4] TN 50 and [roll5] turns

Targetting Libertas
Raid 2 Pilot [roll6] TN 110/90 to avoid asteroids and come to a new heading
Ryza battery:- [roll7] TN 40 [roll8][roll9][roll10] crit [roll11] if needed
Lance [roll12] TN 65 [roll13] crit if needed [roll14]

The enemy cruiser flies sedately forward turning slowly to port as it begins to target the hapless Libertas with its prow and port side plasma batteries, the cruiser now the target of most of the enemy fleet as it allied ships all zooming out of the combat zone begin to turn back into the fight. The Pirate Prince smiling and smirking as he continues to allow his slaneeshi marines aboard to project their wailing music over the hymn casters into the void.*

Pilot [roll15] TN 110 for asteroids
Lock on Libertas (battery 1) [roll16] TN 63
Battery 1 [roll17] TN 61 (+lock on) * (crit if required [roll18])
- [roll19][roll20][roll21][roll22]
Battery 2 [roll23] TN 62 * (crit if required [roll24])
- - [roll25][roll26][roll27][roll28]

Map to follow...

Raunchel
2014-07-08, 07:40 AM
Luise calmly observes the light cruiser move through the void, not directly of course, direct observation of even something as large as a starship wouldn't reveal more than maybe a point of light moving. But she knows void warfare, even without most of the auger arrays she would have been able to find her prey, but now they are restored she has the confirmation. It is attacking the heavy units, a battle that it simply cannot win, and soon the countermeasures will fail, she can already see the decrease in their effectiveness that points to that. "Continue the turn. Ready all tubes for a full launch, all containing plasma warheads."

She can now make out the enemy exhausts, even through the bridge's armaplas windows. It is one of those luxuries that she wouldn't do without, even in the void the impact of torpedoes becomes visible.

A connection has been made to the enemy ship, and Luise takes the opportunity to hail them: "Inspiring Wrath to hostile vessel. Our torpedoes have a lock on your aft. You are to lower your shields and to cease offensive operations. You will welcome boarding parties but you will be spared. If you fail to comply we will destroy you."
And another come to new heading, to bring the Inspiring Wrath 2 vu behind the pirate prince. The torpedoes are loaded again, but preserved. With some luck we can do a proper launch next turn. pilot(turning): [roll0] TN 121
pilot(field): [roll1] TN 131

And focused augury from the crew: [roll2] TN 75

Any other characters are of course welcome to contribute to this.

DrK
2014-07-13, 07:32 AM
Thrusters still under emergency repair the Silence of Dammnation slows rapidly, still heading away from the combat zone on a plume of plasma, her tens of metres thick armour shunting any asteroids out of the way as she goes. The listing and damage Libertas begins to get things under the control. A combination of inspiring speeches and threats to gut and skin any who flinch from her captain restoring some of the morale of the crew as she comes around to port to bring her massed broadsides back into action. The guns firing but at longer range they cannot punch through the raider's void shields. The Wrath, still relatively unscathed by the whole affair so far turns hard, thrusters firing on maximum to bring her around astern of the enemy cruiser, the ordinance bays a surge of activity as the plasma torpedoes are readied for launch.

The enemy raiders surge around for another pass. The crippled one still trailing debris and bodies streaking out of the combat zone. Her sister ship slowing slightly as she comes astern of the Libertas plasma batteries and lances bearing down upon the cruiser.
The other two raiders both streak forward on plumes of warpfire before lateral thrusters flare as they spin around to rake the Inspiring Wrath as she passes them by.

Raid 1 - 6VU straight ahead [roll0] TN 90
Raid 2 - 6VU straight ahead, 45 to port to face the aft of Libertas [roll1] TN 110
-- lock on Lance [roll2] TN 40
-- Plasma Battery [roll3] TN 85 [roll4][roll5][roll6] [roll7] Crit if needed
-- Lance [roll8] TN 50 + lock on [roll9] + crit [roll10] if needed

Raid 3 - 11 VU straight ahead, 90 to port [roll11] TN 110
-- lock on Battery[roll12] TN 40
-- Plasma Battery [roll13] TN 65 [roll14][roll15][roll16] [roll17] Crit if needed
-- Reload Torps [roll18] TN 40
-- If loaded fire Torps [roll19] TN 30 [roll20]+14 [roll21]+14 Crit if needed [roll22] Turrets [roll23] TN ~60

Raid 4 - 12 VU straight ahead, 90 to port [roll24] TN 110
-- lock on Battery[roll25] TN 40
-- Plasma Battery [roll26] TN 65 [roll27][roll28][roll29] [roll30] Crit if needed
-- Lance Lance [roll31] TN 30 [roll32] + crit [roll33] if needed
-- repair void shields [roll34] TN 50 time [roll35]

THe cruiser begins to oscillate left and right spinning on its Z-axis as the helmsman begins a series of violent evasive manoeuvres, the cruiser streaking forward corkscrewing through the void before slowly beginning to come around to port to circle back into the fight.

8VU forward, 45 to port
Pilot [roll36] TN 110 asteroids
Pilot [roll37] TN 100 evasive moves (-10 to be hit per DoS)
--- if above 75 reroll with Master of Void [roll38]
Prepare to repel boarders [roll39] TN 117 (+10 + 5 Per DoS)

MAP to follow probably tomorrow

Libertas
6 Hull / Morale/ Crew damage
-- 2 Locations damaged ; Please choose wyndeward

Insipring Wrath
Raid 3 does nothing to you; Plasma battery miss, failed to reload torpedoes
Raid 4 does nothing to you; plasma battery and lance both miss
- Living a charmed life there!

Enemy cruiser
Evasive moves: -40 to be shot
Boarders: +30 to repel boarders

Raunchel
2014-07-19, 09:40 AM
"Decrease speed. Make final launch preparations and position the main batteries. Launch tube 1. Launch tube 2. Launch tube 3. Launch tube 4. Launch tube five. Launch tube 6.", Luise interspaces the launches so the missiles will not hit each other. She knows that they won't do much, but with the blessing of the gods they will hit the light cruiser and damage her sufficiently slow her down. She will not let her prey outof her sights.

The plan is really simple, we move 8 vu forwards, then turn 45 degrees to port. And then we fire. The CL will be in the prow arc, Rd2 in port. The torpedoes will be launched at the light cruiser, the port batteries will get to work on Rd2. This will let the Libertas turn to take out the two other raiders, and then we can hunt down the light cruiser together.
The sensors have been repaired. Extended actions:
Livilla: Launches the torpedo with her modified BS of 117, this will suffer -60, so she will be left with 57. Not very good, but with a bit of luck...: [roll0] TN 57+50=107. A whole two degrees of success.
Crew: Lock on batteries: [roll1] TN 75+20=95
Crew: Lock on torpedoes: [roll2] TN 75+20+10=105
Crew: Put your backs into it!: [roll3] TN 55. First priority torpedoes, then the weapon batteries.

Pilot: [roll4] TN 85

Antilles: Please smash the pesky little raider.

Tech priestess: please aid the machine spirit for a bonus. This would give seven degrees of success so we get +20 detection for the Locking on of the torpedoes.

dupersudi
2014-07-19, 12:40 PM
Moving away from the torpedo console to allow the Captain to fire Antilles moves to the cannon console and shoves the crewmember out of the way. "I will fire, and they will SCREAM!"

Alright firing port batteries at raider 2
[roll0] TN of 114? Don't know if the augurs are online to give me a boost +15 from lock on though +20 from batteries 79 base.