PDA

View Full Version : Need a race with a low level adjust and druid as favored class

Counterspin
2007-02-22, 04:57 PM
I've got this silly character who goal is to be a kung fu bear. I'm druid 8/monk 1 with the PHBII druid shapeshifting variant. The character is already human, but for once I'm just not feeling the extra feat and skill points. I'm not very familiar with nonstandard or monster races, so any suggestions?

cupkeyk
2007-02-22, 05:11 PM
From Sandstorm: Bhuka Goblins (the best Race in List, +0 LA, 30 overland speed, -2 Str, +2 Dex Small, 30 Speed)
From Races of Stone: Dream Dwarves (-2 Dex, +2 Con, gets Premonitions through dreams)
From Sandstorm: Painted Elves (+2 Dex, -2 Int)
From Races of Destiny: Sea Kin (+0 LA, gets human with swim speed, no bonus feats)
From Races of the Wild: Killoren (+1 LA fey, can shift into aspects of nature)

Sugarmouse
2007-02-22, 05:14 PM
Or you could go Classic Lizardfolk.

Strip the Extra hit die and keep the L+1 due to the Natural AC bonus and you're good to unleash nature's fury.

pestilenceawaits
2007-02-23, 10:08 AM
Try the uldra from frostburn they are available online as well here
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20040911a&page=1

Jimp
2007-02-23, 10:33 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that kung fu bear sounds REALLY FREAKIN' AWESOME?!?!

Were-Sandwich
2007-02-23, 10:39 AM
Kiloren. They're really cool. I always wanted to play a Killoren fighter who used a quaterstaff.

Rama_Lei
2007-02-23, 12:26 PM
From Sandstorm: Bhuka Goblins (the best Race in List, +0 LA, 30 overland speed, -2 Str, +2 Dex Small, 30 Speed)
From Races of Stone: Dream Dwarves (-2 Dex, +2 Con, gets Premonitions through dreams)
From Sandstorm: Painted Elves (+2 Dex, -2 Int)
From Races of Destiny: Sea Kin (+0 LA, gets human with swim speed, no bonus feats)
Dream Dwarves don't get premonitions, but they can see and distinguish ethereal creatures and get a +1 to caster levels for divination spells and those with the [Earth] descriptor.

Who
2007-02-23, 12:28 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that kung fu bear sounds REALLY FREAKIN' AWESOME?!?!

No your not

Closet_Skeleton
2007-02-23, 06:36 PM
Anthropomorphic Bat from Savage Species. No LA, fly speed (it's crap but can't be dispelled and can be useful), +6 Wisdom and tons of physical penalties that you won't need to care about once you get to level 5.

Arceliar
2007-02-23, 07:03 PM
This may be a little unusual, but bear with me >.>

Monk2/Bard4/Druid??/Fochlucan Lyricist?? (Complete Adventurer)
You'd need at least 8 druid to actually be a BEAR, but then you'd have bardic music.

Now, if you could just find a way to retain the ability to speak, you could be a singing kung-fu bear. It wouldn't be the most effective build mechanically, but it would be extremely entertaining.

Anthropomorphic Bat from Savage Species. No LA, fly speed (it's crap but can't be dispelled and can be useful), +6 Wisdom and tons of physical penalties that you won't need to care about once you get to level 5.

That would be fine, if he wasn't taking the variant ability from PHBII, which keeps your original stats bug gives you a bonus based on the form you take.

cupkeyk
2007-02-23, 07:19 PM
Oh, a lot of the anthropomorphic animals have druid as favored class. And it's OGL so you can DL it here (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/articles/awakened.zip).

Darrin
2007-02-23, 10:54 PM
Monk2/Bard4/Druid??/Fochlucan Lyricist?? (Complete Adventurer)
You'd need at least 8 druid to actually be a BEAR, but then you'd have bardic music.

Can't multiclass monk with bard, alignment conflict (although there was a Chaos Monk variant in Dragon #335). The typical Fochlucan build uses Rogue or Spelldancer to get evasion. Everything you need to know to optimize the Fochlucan Lyricist:

http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=377248

HealthKit
2007-02-24, 11:57 PM

Umm... Yes.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5071/stephencolbertea2.jpg

Jimp
2007-02-25, 09:05 AM
Umm... Yes.

No your not

Victory denied.

ImperiousLeader
2007-02-25, 09:17 AM

Killoren are +0 LA.

Umbral_Arcanist
2007-02-25, 10:01 AM
I'd say use githzerai if the DM allows it, they make good monks, (but their favored class isn't druid, its monk, which still works with your character).