PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Paladin RP Guide?

pwykersotz
2014-06-14, 05:28 PM
A while back I found a thread about Paladins. Not how to build one, but how to play one. Someone went to a lot of trouble to detail the creed and beliefs of a Paladin order. Now I'm trying to find the thread. All I really remember is that it was extensive, it focused on the "Do no evil" part of the oath a lot, and the writer capitalized 'god'. Does anyone have ideas? Google has yielded nothing based on my vague memories.

jedipilot24
2014-06-14, 05:41 PM
A while back I found a thread about Paladins. Not how to build one, but how to play one. Someone went to a lot of trouble to detail the creed and beliefs of a Paladin order. Now I'm trying to find the thread. All I really remember is that it was extensive, it focused on the "Do no evil" part of the oath a lot, and the writer capitalized 'god'. Does anyone have ideas? Google has yielded nothing based on my vague memories.

Well, as always, lets look at the Order of the Stick. Miko is an example of how NOT to play a Paladin while the other named Paladins--Hinjo, Lien, and O'Chul--are more reasonable.

Here are some sites that I have found:

http://www.paperspencils.com/2012/03/14/the-paladins-oath-and-gm-clarity/

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?348211-A-Guide-to-the-Paladin-through-the-eyes-of-a-D-amp-D-3-5-player

The first looks purely at the RP aspects of the Paladin Code while the second has a section on the Code.

pwykersotz
2014-06-14, 06:00 PM
I had found both of those, and while they are good, they are not the guide I'm looking for. I'm almost certain it was a GiantITP post that was very long and entirely on RP. I thought it had the title Warriors of God or something similar, but I cannot find it by that title.

Angelalex242
2014-06-14, 08:03 PM
Actually, the best Paladin in the Order of the Stick is far and away Lord Soon, particularly in his Sacred Watcher form. That dude's wisdom and compassion exceeds everyone else's.

But other then that, yes. Don't be a Miko. Paladin responsibly.

Public Service Announcement.

This is your Paladin. (This is your brain)
This is Miko. (This is drugs)
This is your Paladin when it's like Miko. (This is your brain on drugs)
Any questions?

pwykersotz
2014-06-15, 12:06 PM
Finally found it! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-34312.html)

PsyBomb
2014-06-15, 03:34 PM
If you ever get to read the "Deed of Paksenarrion" trilogy by Elisabeth Moon, the main character is a PERFECT example... and was inspired by the writer playing a DnD game with someone playing one Lawful Stupid.

BWR
2014-06-15, 04:58 PM
If you ever get to read the "Deed of Paksenarrion" trilogy by Elisabeth Moon, the main character is a PERFECT example... and was inspired by the writer playing a DnD game with someone playing one Lawful Stupid.

Seconding this book.
Also "The Complete Paladin's Handbook" from 2e. Best source, bar none.

pwykersotz
2014-06-16, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the book references, I'll certainly look them up.