PDA

View Full Version : The Ruined City of Ala'rma [Plot, kinda]

Pages : [1] 2 3

Saurous
2007-02-22, 05:53 PM
Several miles north of the town rests the remains of a massive elven city. The buildings that haven't been torn down rise high into the air. Small animals skitter around the ruins, looking for things to eat. The city seems to be built in a circular shape around the tallest building, a white spire that rises hundreds of feet above the ground. The spire has been gutted, with holes in it's outer wall. Monsters perch in these holes, primarily demons.

A gaseous cloud floats toward the spire, entering a hole near the top. It floats nonchalantly down a hallway. It reaches a large door, compressing and moving in through a crack between the two doors. The room is almost church-like. A mirror rests at the opposite wall. The cloud floats in the air for a few moments, and then begins changing shape. It shifts in the air, changing into a solid form. If finishes, turning into a man with grey hair and pale skin. He is dressed in red armor, and has sharp teeth. He walks calmly over to the mirror, kneeling down before it. He holds this position for what seems like hours. Then, the mirror turns black, and a pair of eyes come into view on the mirror. A voice comes from the mirror.

What knave needs to speak with me? I'm busy!
It is Chartix, Lord Erythnul.
Ah, one of my milions of clerics. So, what do you have for me, Chartix?
Reh'san has contacted us. He says that he has taken the book you requested. He has also discovered the Enemy's guild. It is located in a town about three hundred miles south of here.

The two remain silent for a few moments, and then Erythnul speaks again.

Well, what is this town?
That's just it, Lord. The Town.
Well, I guess you cannot give them points for originality. As for the Enemy, he must be destroyed. He has come to far to be allowed to live. Go, my follower, go and remove this nuisance.

The vampire stands, keeping his head low. A smile creeps across his pure white face.

Should I kill everyone? His guild has grown quite the bit, and any one of them could be helping him.
Did I not make it clear enough? Everyone. Spare no one. Take who you believe will be needed.

The god's prescence then leaves the room, and the mirror retains it's original silvery color. Chartix exits the room, heading for the hole he entered through. A pair of more human-looking vampires come behind him, and then a Vrock. Chartix shifts into the shape of a bat, and the Vampire Spawn turn into gaseous clouds. The vrock takes off behind them. They fly in the direction of Town.

<Dun Dun Dunnnn!>

((Note: Since I'm going to be the only one posting here for a while, expect to see several double- or even triple-posts))

Xaspian
2007-02-22, 05:55 PM
((Oooooooooooo!))

Nevrmore
2007-02-22, 05:56 PM
((I call palgiarism on the spire that houses demons! PLAGIARISM, I SAYS!!))

Rebonack
2007-02-22, 06:01 PM
((Duun duun DUUUUUNN!!))

Saurous
2007-02-22, 06:04 PM
((What a biting comment, Nevrmore. It is basically the base of operations for all the evil that is about to be unleashed. Where else do you expect the evil god to stay? In that little shack over there? And, his minions are also gonna be nearby, thus the demons are gonna be in the spire, also.))

Nevrmore
2007-02-22, 06:05 PM
((I do indeed, good sir. Now see to it that the relocation is quick and clean, and I shall cease cluttering your thread with this worthless OOC gobbledy-goo.))

Saurous
2007-02-22, 06:13 PM
((Alright, fine. The demons'll relocate in the buildings around the spire. Everything else in the spire is staying))

The demons living in the spire either fly or climb down the tower, taking up defensive positions in the shacks and buildings around the spire, ready to fight against whatever may decide to attack.

Saurous
2007-02-26, 07:34 PM
A cloaked figure appears suddenly on a frosted rooftop. Just in time to almost be scalped by a giant bat flying over head. The figure ducks down, and the bat continues flying forward, heading torwards the central spire. He slides down the top of the pointed roof, landing lightly on the floor below. He looks around, noticing that he is on the upper porch of a tower-like building. A bridge connects the circular porch to another, larger building. This building branches out to three other similar buildings, and also to the center spire. The figure ducks behind the building, and come back out looking somewhat like a reddish, demon-like creature. He walks down the bridge nonchalantly, trying to avoid any other creatures. He reaches the central spire, and then walks down a large flight of stairs down to ground-level. He ducks into a shack. The shack is completely empty, and looks like it had been ransacked many weeks, even months before. He sits down in the shadows, keeping out of sight from the door.

The next afternoon, the cloaked figure walks over to a long-forgotten table in the room. He lays out a book, looking through it. He pulls the hood off of his head, revealing Saurous' red eyes, black hair, and pointed ears. He sits there for a moment, paging through the book.

A while later, Saurous closes the book and pulls his hood back over his head. He opens the door to the outside and heads out, keeping out of sight. He heads for a large, church-like building. He enters the building, keeping to the shadows. The room is filled with varying humanoid creatures, including humans, elves, vampires, and others. Saurous keeps to the shadows, watching the going-ons.

A while later, Saurous shouts as a beeping noise comes from his pocket. He rushes quickly out of the church, heading back for the shack he was in earlier. The people in the room look in the direction of the noise, and then turn back to their rituals. He sits down in the shadows of the room, pulling out a small stone. The stone glows black, and is making the beeping noise.

Saurous
2007-02-27, 07:44 PM
Saurous' stone opens, revealing an image of Pelgof. The two have a conversation, and Saurous puts the stone away. He heads over to the desk, pulling out his notebook/journal. He writes a new entry into it, and then reads over a few notes about diseases. All the while, he keeps one eye on the doorway.

The next afternoon, Saurous heads out of the shack, wearing a disguise that makes him look like one of the many vampires around. He heads for the center spire.

Several hours later, after an explosion and shouting, Saurous rushes from the spire, moving almost unbelievably fast. He looks very dishoveled, and is flinging spells behind him. The disguise is starting to fall apart, also. A pair of vampire spawn follow behind him. They don't seem to be trying to attack him, but seem to be following him. Several Vrocks fly out after them, screeching. Saurous looks back, and then leaps over the side of the balcony. He lands lightly on the ground below, and enters a nearby building. The spawn follow after him, ducking into the building behind him. The Vrocks fly past the building, heading down the street.

Inside the building, Saurous looks around to see a long-forgotten home. It is in a tower shape, and has a large set of stairs in the back of the room. He sits down at a chair, and pulls out a similar stone from the other day.

After a while, he puts the stone away, and turns to the spawn tapping on his shoulder. The spawns are obviously under Saurous' control, and they have a dull, black look in their eyes. The other is looking out the window, looking for any demons.

Alright, let's go.

He runs up the stairway, and the vampires follow. He rushes into a side room, ducking into the shadows. The vampires shift into gaseous forms and stick to the darker edges of the rooms. Behind them, a thump comes from the entrance, and two Vrock come in. They begin searching the various rooms, coming closer to the stairs.

Xaspian
2007-03-02, 07:05 AM
A shadow outside flickers briefly.

Copacetic
2007-03-02, 08:50 AM
Feire sudddenly appears with a flash. whhuuuuuu He groans grapping his skull

Xaspian
2007-03-02, 09:08 AM
Pelgof, spotting Feire, momentarily leaps out of a shadow, and tries to drag him back in.

Careful! There are all sorts of dangers about!

Copacetic
2007-03-02, 09:14 AM
Feire's head snaps up and he looks around after diving for cover behind Pelgof. Where is this? And why Is Sauros here?

Xaspian
2007-03-02, 09:21 AM
We're in Ala'rma. The city was destroyed. Those vampires came from here, as did some earlier attackers. I think that Saurous is looking for an artefact stolen from the Guild.

He turns to face Feire.

How well can you defend yourself?

Castaras
2007-03-02, 10:40 AM
Castaras appears outside the town, and she hides in one of the shadows, sword drawn.

Saurous
2007-03-02, 03:42 PM
After Saurous is sure that the Vrocks have left, he leaves the shadows. The vampires follow after him, and then exit through a window. They head towards the central spire. Saurous moves further up the tower, heading towards a certain room.

A pair of Babau walk past Castaras. They don't seem to notice her.

Castaras
2007-03-02, 03:44 PM
Castaras heads through the gates into the streets of the city. She looks at the babau curiously and carries on walking, heading for the large spire.

Saurous
2007-03-02, 04:50 PM
The buildings that Castaras passes are made of white or black material, and most are in spire-shapes. One larger tower sticks out from the rest. It is near the massive town-hall of the main spire.

Saurous enters the room, which appears to be a large study. A bed rests in a corner, and a desk sits on the other. Two bookshelves sit next to the desk. All books have been taken from the bookshelves, except a few pieces of paper. Saurous looks out the window, keeping low.

Castaras
2007-03-02, 04:53 PM
Castaras draws her weapons and heads for the larger tower.

Saurous
2007-03-02, 04:55 PM
Saurous, seeing the form approaching the tower he is in, draws his weapons. He quickly moves down the stairs. He didn't recognize the person as Castaras.

Castaras
2007-03-02, 04:56 PM
Castaras heads into the tower, wary.

Saurous
2007-03-02, 05:10 PM
Saurous makes it to the end of the staircase, sticking to the shadows. He draws his sword and looks toward the doorway.

Castaras enters a long-forgotten home. The inside is made of wood and similar white stone as on the outside. Two doors are on opposite sides of each other near the door. A staircase is near the back of the room. A shadowy figure lurks in the shadows, red eyes glowing fiercely.

Castaras
2007-03-02, 05:12 PM
Castaras looks round the room, not noticing the figure. She heads for the staircase.

Saurous
2007-03-02, 05:17 PM
Saurous finally recognizes the figure. He stands up fully, and taps on Castaras' shoulder.

Are you looking for someone?

Castaras
2007-03-02, 05:18 PM
Castaras spins round. She relaxes slightly.

Looks like I found him, eh?

Saurous
2007-03-02, 05:27 PM
Yes, yes you did.

He smiles faintly.

Castaras
2007-03-02, 05:29 PM
So what's happening round this place? And why have you come here, anyway?

Saurous
2007-03-02, 05:35 PM
Nothing much, other than the fact that I figured out where the book that I'm looking for is at. The only problem being that they already know that I'm here and are now searching the entire city for where I am. I came here in the first place to see what was going on at the ruins of my home, but it ended up as an adventure to try and get the artifact Erythnul has back.

Castaras
2007-03-02, 05:37 PM
So what are you going to do now?

Copacetic
2007-03-02, 05:37 PM
I belive I can Feire heads towards Castaras and Sauros.

Saurous
2007-03-02, 05:45 PM
I guess I'm going to try again, only with a more strategic maneuver, lest I want to end up like this again.

He gestures towards the slowly scabbing-over gash on his face.

Castaras
2007-03-02, 05:48 PM
I didn't encounter anything that might hurt me while I explored this place. A pair Babua, but they just walked by me without attacking. Why are they attacking you, in particular?

(( Gah, I got to go. 'Night. ))

Saurous
2007-03-02, 05:50 PM
Because I'm the only one they know is here. They most likely do not even know that you are here or anyone else. Thus, they have no need to search for others.

(('Night))

Castaras
2007-03-03, 04:34 AM
Hmm.

She puts her sword back in its sheath.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 06:39 AM
He places his sword and bow back into their respective places.

Do you know if anyone else came?

Castaras
2007-03-03, 06:44 AM
I left a note in the guild. There may be others.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 06:48 AM
Ah. You mean anyone that knows where this is, which is about two other people. But I believe a party of four would be fine. A large group would attract too much uneeded attention.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 06:50 AM
So what is so special about this artefact?

Saurous
2007-03-03, 06:57 AM
By itself, it isn't much. It is a tome that basically documents all history of necromancy. It also contains some of the most dangerous necromantic abilities, and even documents (but with little detail) about becoming a lich. But it's more powerful when used in conjunction with the Scythe of Extinction (An artifact of Nerull's) and the Scythe of Disaster (An artifact of Incabulos). It also needs to be used with another artifact, but I couldn't figure out what.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 07:01 AM
A necromancy enhancing artefact. I can see why you want it back then.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 07:06 AM
Yep. The fact that Erythnul wants to use the artifacts to wipe out all of existance and then rebuild it from the ground up gives me motivation, also. Especially because I want to try it if we ever finish this stupid thing.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 07:07 AM
Erythnul isn't that nice then. He and Lolth must be great friends.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 07:09 AM
That isn't outside the realm of possibility.

He laughs quietly.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 07:12 AM
Very true.

Castaras smiles slightly.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 07:20 AM
Heh.

As he says this, a vampire spawn bursts in through a window. It lands on the floor quietly, and then looks over at Castaras and Saurous strangely. It has a dull and controlled look in it's eyes.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 07:21 AM
Castaras looks at it, hand on crossbow.

Under your control? Or under someone else's?

Saurous
2007-03-03, 07:28 AM
I think it is one of the ones I managed to get control over. They all look the same after a while.

He keeps his hand on his sword's hilt, and then directs his speech towards the vampire.

What's going on?

The vampire stands errect suddenly, and then relays information.

Chartix is about to take the leash off of the Balors and Mariliths. They're prepared to turn the city upside down to figure out where every intruder is at.

Saurous then turns back to Castaras.

So, I guess he is under my control. And, apprarently they figured out there is more than one intruder.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 07:34 AM
Feire turns to Sauros How much time do we have?

Castaras
2007-03-03, 07:44 AM
Yippee.

She turns to Feire.

One more person to help at least.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 07:47 AM
Well, it's not like there's going to be a "Countdown to Demons" or anything. And it isn't as if we might as well give up and go home because they are unleashing the more powerful demons.

He then turns towards the spawn.

Do you know when they will send them out?

Within the hour.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 07:49 AM
Castaras takes out her rapier and a small vial. She begins coating the rapier and her bolts in poison.

Should be ample time.

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 07:53 AM
Pelgof steps out of the shadows next to them.

Hey. Need any help?

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 07:56 AM
A metal snake comes hissing out of Feire's bag, ready to strike anything that attacks it's master. Feire himself draws his Omni-Blade

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 08:01 AM
Pelgof hesitates, and begins casting a spell.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 08:06 AM
Saurous begins making another of his spelltrap stones. He turns to Pelgof.

Hello, Pelgof. I do have something for you to do. You are good at disguising things, correct?

Castaras
2007-03-03, 08:08 AM
Castaras finishes poisoning her weapons, and loads up her crossbow.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 08:09 AM
Feire turns to Castaras So, What's the plan againn? I'm pretty sure it was something like kill the demons, take artifact, and leave. Right?

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 08:12 AM
Pelgof looks up at Saurous.

Yup. What do you want?

Castaras
2007-03-03, 08:12 AM
Something like that. You forgot the "Don't get killed" part.

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 08:13 AM
Pelgof turns to Castaras.

Nah, he needn't worry about that. That only applies to important people.

He grins.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 08:14 AM
Anything similar to the followers of Erythnul. Vampires, cultists or human-sized demons would be good.

Saurous smirks.

Yeah, death usually causes most plans to fail.

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 08:16 AM
Pelgof nods at Saurous, and twists the spell he's casting to form around what the archmage asked for.

It might take a while, if it's for all four of us.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 08:18 AM
That will work. Just, if you can, do it quickly.

He begins to make a back-up disguise, just in case Pelgof doesn't finish soon enough.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 08:18 AM
Feire grins Okay then so don't worry about getting killed. Gotcha. By the way are there any substancail rewards for killing demons?

Castaras
2007-03-03, 08:20 AM
Castaras smiles slightly.

Knowing you saved the world?

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 08:22 AM
Feire frowns I was thinking more along the line of gold. Do you know any place that buys demon heads?

Saurous
2007-03-03, 08:25 AM
Actually, it's more along the lines of postponing the destruction of the world. Erythnul would most likely keep trying, even after we steal the artifact back. This is just one out of 4 artifacts.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 08:26 AM
How nice for us.

Castaras takes out a small book and begins flicking through it.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 08:28 AM
But isn't it Feire begins looking around watching for threats.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 08:36 AM
The only real threatening thing that Feire can see is a large demon flying around the top of the central spire. A balor.

Saurous looks over his spellbook a few times.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 08:44 AM
Castaras closes the book and puts it away.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 08:45 AM
seeing nothing of danger, Feire starts to sharppen his Omni-Blade.

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 08:50 AM
Aha!

Pelgof stands up, and the spell is cast. All four have a disguise upon them. Saurous appears to be a vampire, Pelgof and Castaras are cultists, and Feire is an ugly demon.

All weapons and other equipment maintain their original form, except for armour or clothing, which shifts to that appropriate of the disguise taken.

Pelgof looks at Saurous.

That good enough?

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 08:51 AM
Feire looks at himself. And Why again Am I the only one who looks like he crawled out of a toilet?

Castaras
2007-03-03, 08:52 AM
Castaras smiles.

Good enough for me.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 08:53 AM
Feire frowns Okay so I got a Idea. To get into the spire I tie you guys up and pretend I caught some rougee Evilies. Then We surpirise them by taking of your manacles and attacking!!

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 08:54 AM
Sorry, best I could do in the time.

((Yeah! Sig-quoted!))

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 08:56 AM
Feire rolls his eyes. Fine lets just get this over and done with.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 08:59 AM
This'll work. And I have to say that your disguise is very fitting, Feire.

He smirks, and then puts his spellbook away.

I suppose we should get moving, then.

He turns to Pelgof.

We're going to enter the central spire, of course, and try and find where they store the book. I have a few vampires under my control on the inside, and one that needs to get into position-

The spawn that is standing near by exits the building, heading for the spire.

-who can distract the guards. We then need to enter the vault, relieve them of the tome, and then exit through a system of tunnels in the tower. Of course, it isn't going to be that easy...

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 09:01 AM
Feire grumbles at the remark but follows Sauros.

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 09:01 AM
Pelgof hides his weapons under the robes/whatever he's now wearing.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 09:03 AM
Castaras does the same and follows Saurous, smirking at his last comment.

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 09:10 AM
Pelgof follows.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 09:14 AM
Saurous exits the tower and heads for a stairway leading up to the spire. Around the group, chaos is everywhere. Unintelligent demons are running around, searching through buildings, while cultists and intelligent creatures are looking over maps and directing the others. Saurous continues towards the central spire, glancing at a vampire spawn nearby.

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 09:16 AM
Pelgof glances at the chaos, and follows Saurous.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 09:17 AM
Castaras focuses on following Saurous, resisting the urge to look round at everything.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 09:19 AM
Saurous pushes open one of the many doors leading inside. He mumbles something to the others.

Spread out a bit. We need to look less like we're trying to go somewhere, and more like we're just moving through. If we're one big group, they'll get suspicious.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 09:21 AM
Castaras turns to look at the chaos, and then spreads out.

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 09:23 AM
Pelgof slows down a bit, leaving a bit of a gap between himself and Saurous.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 09:26 AM
The area that Saurous enters is a long hallway, with few doors on the sides. There are a few holes in the cieling and floor, leaving the foundation behind. The hallway intersects another hallway, which has several cultists running down it. The end of the current hallway ends at a upward curve. Saurous glance back at the others, and moves down the hallway quickly.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 09:27 AM
Castaras follows at a slightly slower pace, but keeping Saurous in sight.

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 09:27 AM
Pelgof continues, ignoring Saurous' glance, and maintains his slow pace down the hallway.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 09:30 AM
Saurous moves through the masses of cultists, trying to avoid looking at any of them. They don't really take notice of him, or anyone else in the group for that matter.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 09:31 AM
Castaras follows Saurous through the crowds.

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 09:32 AM
Pelgof follows, a few paces behind Castaras.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 09:35 AM
Someone bumps into Castaras.

Hey! Watch it, knave!

The voice sounds slightly familiar.

Saurous continues down the hallway, glancing backwards at the voice. He looks a bit frightened.

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 09:37 AM
Pelgof keeps walking, and subtlely tries to get a good look at the person who bumped Castaras.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 09:37 AM
Sorry.

She walks past him and carries on after Saurous, slightly quicker.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 09:41 AM
Pelgof sees that the person that bumped into Castaras was the crazy vampire cleric that attacked the guildhall (Who is now going to be refered to as "Chartix"). He still has a few cuts on his face from the fight. He looks down at Castaras, and then continues on his way.

Up ahead, Saurous lets out a quiet sigh of relief, and then continues quickly, heading for the end of the hallway.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 09:43 AM
Castaras follows quickly.

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 09:43 AM
Pelgof keeps going, ignoring Chartix and Castaras.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 09:46 AM
Saurous moves quickly, almost reaching the end of the hallway. He suddenly ducks into a sideroom.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 09:48 AM
Castaras heads into the sideroom after Saurous.

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 09:49 AM
Pelgof follows into the room, glancing back just as he enters.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 09:52 AM
The room that they enter has several staircases heading straight up or down. Saurous heads for a staircase that leads down into darkness. He begins walking down it.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 09:52 AM
Castaras follows.

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 09:53 AM
Pelgof shrugs, and follows.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 10:07 AM
Feire catches up to them. Hey I know that guy. Isn't he Chitix?

Saurous
2007-03-03, 10:11 AM
As they descend the stairs, a vampire spawn walks up next to them. Saurous glances at it. The vampire has a similar dull and controlled look in his eyes like the first one. The spawn speeds up, moving ahead of them. They reach a large, church like room. The room is mostly empty, except for a group of Vrocks dancing around and chanting. The spawn walks over to them. Saurous begins mouthing words, and as he does so, the vampire speaks.

Chartix found where the intruders are. He needs you to get to the northern district now, and move as quickly as possible. I have replacement guards.

He motions towards Saurous, Castaras, and Pelgof. The Vrocks glance at each other, and then move towards the stairs.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 10:12 AM
Feire follows Sauros towards the stairs.

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 10:13 AM
Pelgof moves aside to let the vrocks pass.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 10:13 AM
Castaras stands quietly, watching the vrocks.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 10:22 AM
The vrocks move up the stairs, not really paying attention to the group. The spawn follows after them.

After Saurous is sure that they're gone, he sighs with relief.

Well, we made it this far.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 10:22 AM
Where are we, exactly?

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 10:23 AM
So, what now?

((I'm gonna need to go for a bit, now. Sorry. I'll be back as soon as possible))

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 10:25 AM
Feire looks at Sauros Okay I got lost where are we and What's happening?

Saurous
2007-03-03, 10:26 AM
This is the lowest layer of the spire, I belive. This is a worshipping champer for Erythnul, along with one near the upper areas. It also hides the vault.

Saurous walks over to a statue, and twists it's head around. After a few minutes, the wall near the end of the room shifts and opens to a lower level.

At least, it's the lowest level accessible by normal means.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 10:28 AM
Ah. Looks to be interesting. What happens now?

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 10:30 AM
Yes what happnens now?

Saurous
2007-03-03, 10:31 AM
We move further down, I suppose. It isn't just one room. It's basically a dungeon.

And then the DM laughed and laughed and laughed maniacally.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 10:32 AM
Feire shudders. Sounds like fun. You first

Castaras
2007-03-03, 10:36 AM
Castaras' player gets nervous with the DM laughing like that.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 10:38 AM
Feire grimaces. You first

Saurous
2007-03-03, 10:39 AM
Fine, you big baby.

Saurous moves past them, and down into the even-lower levels.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 10:40 AM
Castaras follows.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 10:42 AM
Feire follows Castaras, keeping his blade at the ready.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 10:45 AM
Saurous steps down into a large room. The walls are black, and it has several boxes and things laying around. The room is empty of life, except some fungus growing in the corner.

Saurous continues quietly across the room, one hand on the hilt of his sword, and the other prepared to cast at whatever the DM wants to throw at them.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 10:47 AM
Castaras follows, loaded crossbow in one hand, rapier in the other.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 10:47 AM
Feire steps into a corner and Stays there not wanting to interupt what happens next.

((bye'))

Saurous
2007-03-03, 10:51 AM
((Good day))

Saurous makes it to a crate in one corner of the room. He lifts the lid slowly, not wanting to know exactly what is going to pop out. He looks down into the crate silently.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 10:53 AM
Castaras opens a different box, looking inside.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 10:57 AM
Saurous' crate does not hold any items, but it does have some sort of black gunk in it. Saurous backs away from it, keeping the spell-hand trained on the box.

Inside Castaras' crate, a few swords and daggers lie.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 10:59 AM
Castaras takes one out, inspecting it carefully.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 11:16 AM
The sword appears to be just that, a sword. It doesn't seem to have any obvious enchantments.

After a few moments, Saurous shuffles slightly towards the crate with the goop in it. The gunk moves, and then all hell breaks loose. The ooze grows and fills the box, and then crushes the box. The goop springs from the ground, shifting and changing. It takes on the liquid shape of a Black Pudding. Saurous jumps back, and sends a blast of energy flying at the ooze.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 11:20 AM
Castaras drops the sword and spins round. She fires a poisoned bolt at the ooze.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 11:27 AM
The beam of energy hits the ooze, sending it backwards. The arrow bolt hits the ooze and sticks to the surface. It stays there for a moment, and then sinks in to the ooze, disolving quickly. The ooze slides forward towards Saurous.

Saurous moves backwards, and casts Horrid Wilting towards the pudding.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 11:30 AM
Castaras stands back and watches, mildly annoyed.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 11:35 AM
The ooze shrivles and shrinks as the moisture is drained from it. It stops and slides away from Saurous.

Saurous pulls out a gem, and chants a few words. He collapses to the ground, and black energy flies from the stone towards the ooze. The ooze stops dead in it's tracks as the energy hits it.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 11:36 AM
Castaras moves over to Saurous, checking he's ok.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 11:38 AM
Saurous seems to be simply unconscious, but he has no pulse and isn't breathing.

A beam of energy comes from the ooze towards the gem. The pudding slides over to Castaras and Saurous, and "bends" over.

Well, this sure is an interesting experience.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 11:41 AM
Castaras raises an eyebrow.

What've you done now?

Saurous
2007-03-03, 11:45 AM
Quick experiment. Possesion of oozes is much harder than I expected, but I did it anyways. Also, it helps when you can simply make a creature kill itself.

He then shifts over to the crate with swords.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 11:46 AM
Weird...

She begins checking in other crates.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 11:49 AM
The ooze bends down, and sticks it's "head" into the box. He comes back out with several of the blades stuck to his head. The upper portion of the ooze comes off, and moves around on it's own.

Now this is weird
Now this is weird

Most of the other crates contain armor and blades. One crate has several bows and crossbows in it, and one crossbow glows oddly.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 11:50 AM
Castaras looks over to Saurous. She smiles slightly.

Oh gods, two of you.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 11:52 AM
It's not two of me, it's just...

...my mind split across two bodies. It's very...

...disorienting, to say the least.

He chuckles lightly, and then sticks himself back together.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 11:55 AM
Castaras smiles and carries on checking through the boxes and crates.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 12:03 PM
Saurous slides up the stairway, entering the church-like room again. He closes the door down to the lower levels, and then releases the ooze. The black energy flies out of the ooze, to be replaced by the other energy. Saurous' soul goes back to his body, and he stands up.

The other crates contain mostly uninteresting things. Some objects worth notice are a few potions of cure major wounds and a few bags of gold pieces.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 12:06 PM
Castaras picks up the potions and money, putting them in her spell pouches.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 12:10 PM
Saurous sits down in a corner to wait for his player to return.

((I need to be going now. Sorry. G'day))

Castaras
2007-03-03, 12:11 PM
(( Bye ))

Castaras begins sorting through her stuff.

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 01:15 PM
Pelgof catches up.

What did I miss?

Castaras
2007-03-03, 01:39 PM
Castaras looks up.

A bit of loot and Saurous possessing a split black pudding.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 01:48 PM
Saurous stands up again, and checks the box that the pudding came from. He finds a large crack in the floor underneath it, but nothing else out of the ordinary. He scrapes a bit of the gunk that the pudding left behind, and then heads back over to Castaras and Pelgof.

Are we ready to continue?

Castaras
2007-03-03, 01:49 PM
I am. Although if we meet up with any more of those oozes you two will have to kill it.

She loads up her crossbow again.

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 01:50 PM
Pelgof reaches to his belt, and flips up both crossbows.

I think so.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 01:52 PM
Well, the first ooze may be causing havoc up above us right at this mo-

From the cieling above them, shouting is heard.

Kill it! Kill that stupid thing!

I can't! My arrows keep bouncing of- ARGH! It's eating my leg!

Saurous then grins.

Well, that confirms it.

He then heads towards the opposite side of the room.

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 01:54 PM
Pelgof follows, preparing for whatever may be beyond.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 01:55 PM
Castaras follows on too.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 01:58 PM
The next room is a long corridor. It intersects in about 4 different places, branching off in different directions. There is no signs pointing which way leads where. Saurous looks down the different hallways, looking more and more frustrated.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 02:00 PM
Castaras comes into the corridor.

Which way?

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 02:01 PM
Split up, or explore each on in turn?
He looks down the left corridor.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 02:02 PM
That's a good question. The only thing I can tell is that this way-

He points down a hallway on the far left.

-leads to a water-control system or something like that, because I can hear rushing water.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 02:03 PM
So shall we try the other three?

Saurous
2007-03-03, 02:04 PM
I guess so. But which one?

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 02:05 PM
Let's try...

He hesitates, and points to the right passageway.

That one.

((I'm off for a bit again. Sorry!))

Castaras
2007-03-03, 02:06 PM
Let's split up and look for clues.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 02:08 PM
That better not have been a Scooby-Doo reference.

The Fourth Wall shouts.

But anyway, splitting up may be a bad idea.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 02:10 PM
(( I couldn't help it. ))

Then we go down the corridor Pelgof pointed at.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 02:11 PM
I guess so.

He begins down the corridor.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 02:15 PM
Castaras follows.

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 02:35 PM
Pelgof follows.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 02:38 PM
Feire catche spocketing osmething from the prevoius room And follows Pelgof turning his back to watch for attacks from behind.

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 02:40 PM
As they walk, Pelgof turns to Saurous.

What did you do before the city was destroyed?

Saurous
2007-03-03, 02:47 PM
When they reach the end of the hallway, they enter a large room. On one side of the room, there is a large, barred in room. A few demons sit in the room, including a Succumbus and a pair of Babaus. This room appears to be a guard station, as several non-portable crossbows are attached to the floor and other places. A look-out tower is on the room opposite the demons. Luckily, no one is on it. The group steps out onto a ledge above the room. The ledge is a grate, and it has a stairway leading down to the floor.

I was the apprentice of the head of magical affairs here. I also assisted in schooling of magic.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 02:48 PM
Feire eyes the demons Warily. They don't look to friendly?

Castaras
2007-03-03, 02:48 PM
Castaras silently draws her rapier and unclips her crossbow.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 02:51 PM
I'm pretty sure they're not.

He pulls out his bow. He aims for the Succumbus.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 02:52 PM
Feire pulls his snake out from his hiing place and holds his blade at the ready to strike the first thing that moved towards them.

Castaras
Castaras aims for one of the babau. Her rapier shifts into a loaded crossbow.

Xaspian
There is a gentle clicking sound as two shadows load themselves into Pelgof's crossbows.

He fires at the Babaus

Saurous
2007-03-03, 02:58 PM
Saurous loads an arrow into his bow, and then shoots at the Succumbus. The arrow strikes her in between the eyes. She shrieks and holds her face, while the two Babaus look at where the arrow came from. One of the shadow bolts hits one of the babaus in the chest, while the other moves out of the way. Saurous sends an Energy Drain spell at the Succumbus.

Xaspian
2007-03-03, 02:59 PM
Pelgof fires again, moving towards the demons.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 02:59 PM
Castaras shoots a poisoned bolt at the hurt babau, lifts her other crossbow and shoots another poisoned bolt. She reloads one crossbow as the other becomes a rapier again.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 03:05 PM
Feire's snake hissis striking towards The succubus while Feire swings his Omni-blade at the one of The Babua

Saurous
2007-03-03, 03:07 PM
Saurous' spell misses, and the succumbus decides to escape. She pushes the door open from the barred room, flying through the air towards a door. Saurous loads his bow again, launching three arrows in quick succesion. He begins moving towards the ground.

Pelgof's bolts hit. The babaus screech, and suddenly a patch of darkness surrounds them.

Castaras' attack apparently misses, but is obscured by the darkness.

The succumbus shrieks as the snake bites into her arm.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 03:09 PM
Castaras fires another bolt into the darkness, before heading over to it, and slashing with her rapier.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 03:10 PM
Feire ducks towards the babuas Striking at it's head.

The snake rears bake and strikes at the demon again, this time with vemon dripping from it's fangs.

Dartonus
2007-03-03, 03:32 PM
Sha'rall the Illithid lich enters the ruins with 6 arrow demons and 2 of his special prototype war golems. (can post the war golem stats here if you want)
upon seeing the fight, he nods at the arrow demons, who release four arrows apiece (2 from each of their 2 bows), aiming for the babau demons. His War golems move in to attack saurous, and Sha'rall, with his lizard familiar, decides to cut of the succubus with a maximized, empowered, extended, and enlarged Hellball spell, using mastery of elements (from Archmage Prestige class) to make it sonic damage. (Ouch, 360 sonic damage, reflex DC 42 half! doesn't look good for the succubus...), then surrounds the Succubus with a prismatic sphere.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 03:34 PM
((Sorry if I'm unresponsive. I'm playing the Legend of Zelda for the Wii, and I'm trying to illegally capture farie- I mean, save the world. Yeah, that's it))

Two of Saurous' three arrows hit. The succumbus falls to the ground, thrashing with pain. Saurous rushes over to her, pulling out his shortsword. He brings it to her throat. She shouts at him.

What the hell? What are you attacking us for?

Saurous then brings down his blade, slitting her throat.

A screech confirms that Castaras' bolt hit. The rapier also hits, but ends up being stuck in whatever she hit.

The babau attacking Feire swings it's claws down to meet Feire's head.

The snake bites into the now-dead succumbus.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 03:35 PM
Castaras kicks the babau and attempts to pull the rapier back out.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 03:35 PM
Feire goes down with a THUNK. He moans but mom it's saturday 5 more minutes. and passes out.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 03:38 PM
The rapier does not come out, but it does pull out the babau it is sticking to. The babau is grinning madly, and the rapier is sticking to his outer layer of red goo covering his body. He swings a claw at Castaras' chest.

Saurous captures the Succumbus' newly-dead soul in a gem before rushing to Feire's aid.

The other babau reaches down to pick Feire up.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 03:39 PM
Feire grimaces and opens his eyes a fraction. Seeing sauros, he quickly closes them

Castaras
2007-03-03, 03:39 PM
Castaras winces and draws a dagger, stabbing at the babau.

Dartonus
2007-03-03, 03:41 PM
The Mind flayer lich strolls up with his entourage of bodyguards. He says, in a heavily accented common,
What are you doing here? I was checking this place out, looking for materials to make more prototypes.
*Nods towards the War golems, 15-ft tall golems that resemble humans in armor with balor heads (except no mohawk)*
I saw your fight and naturally assumed you were either warring bands of CE creatures or... *shudders* Paladins. However, If you are willing to pay a price, I could be a powerful ally, As I almost proved with that Succubus.
He looks at the Babau, and fires of a Prismatic spray spell

Saurous
2007-03-03, 03:44 PM
Saurous sends a bolt of Enervation spiraling at the babau attacking Feire.

The babau shrieks as the dagger strikes him a few times in the head. The dagger makes a small sizzling noise, but does not stick. The babau backs away from Castaras.

The other babau screams as the spell hits him in the side. He drops Feire, and swings at Saurous.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 03:46 PM
Feire lands on the gorund with a cracking noise. Aww man I think they took my freaking kidney.

((If you get the refernce, you rock))

Castaras
2007-03-03, 03:46 PM
Castaras makes a small cut in her wrist. Her hands gather blood red magic and she throws a maximized lightening bolt at the babau.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 03:51 PM
The babau lets out a horrible scream, flying back into the barred room. It lands on the floor, sizzling. ((Fried babau, anyone?))

Saurous casts Eyebite towards the still-living babau. Said babau collapses to the floor. It is still alive, only comatose.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 03:52 PM
(( Yes please! ))

Castaras breathes heavily and does her best to stop the blood flowing from her wound.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 03:55 PM
Feire stays down not moving, barely breathing.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 03:59 PM
Saurous kneels down next to Feire, checking his pulse. He then looks over to the illithid lich that somehow went unnoticed the entire battle.

We are not warring tribes or paladins, I can assure you that. We're a group of mages here to retrieve an artifact that we require.

He then walks over to the dead babau. He looks over the dead body, and places an onyx gem in it's eye socket. He prepares a Animate Dead spell.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 04:03 PM
Castaras finally stops the blood and walks over to Feire and Saurous.

Is he ok?

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 04:05 PM
Feire groans softlyOuch I think that's a rib. And why is the floor red... Oh

Dartonus
2007-03-03, 04:05 PM
Sha'rall glares at you three.
Do you normally ignore 4 thousand, 792 year-old mind flayer liches who teleport in because they are looking for an artifact around here? Oh yes. You too are looking for an artifact. Rest assured, we are not looking for the same artifact. I will help you find your artifact, if you help me find mine.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 04:06 PM
The now-undead babau stands up, looking around the room stupidly. Saurous then walks over to Castaras.

I felt a faint pulse, and he isn't breathing well. I don't know what'll happen if we don't give him a spell or potion or something.

He looks to the lich.

I have a preference for allies that do not think themselves better than myself.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 04:07 PM
She takes out a potion of cure major wounds and pours it down Feire's throat.

I ignore arrogant mindflayers, yes.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 04:09 PM
Feir sits up rapodly Bububuuuba, What where am I and why is there a Squid lich thing and undead demons and. His memries catch up to him and his speech slows down. Oh.

Dartonus
2007-03-03, 04:12 PM
Sha'rall walks over,and unstraps a scythe made of polished and sharpened bone from his back. It gleams cruelly in the light. he also has two sheaths on his waist, with a crossbow behind them. He is running his hand along the goblin skull on a string around his neck. He glares at Castaras.
What was that you said about mind flayers? I could turn the stone of this building to lava if I wanted! I could Summon the devils of the nine hells! I would smack you upside the head with an orb of ultimate destruction if it wasn't essential to my ritual! I do not think you should be insulting me, by the unholy power that is The Mortiverse!
His rage subsides, and his hand moves to his Heward's Handy Haversack.
Perhaps I have said too much. It may have revealed my true purpose here. But, I truly need this artifact, just as you need yours. Do not inquire more about my reason for being here. I do not wish to have to kill you, being a fellow wizard.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 04:15 PM
Go ahead. He isn't much use until he returns from his comatose state.

He steps over to the Succumbus corpse, flipping through his notebook for anything he has use for the corpse.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 04:16 PM
Castaras turns to the mind flayer and glares at it. Her hand clenches round her dagger.

I know and have experianced powers you could not ever find. You are nothing compared to what I had before and have now.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 04:25 PM
Feire's head whips up. He grabs his Omni-blade and slaces at the demon's head. Die you foul beast of hell! You ma have got me once but I'm back and I'll kill you all!

Saurous
2007-03-03, 04:27 PM
Saurous stands from the corpse, looking at Sha'rall.

I do suggest you move along. We have no need for you, illithid. Unless, of course, you want to discover what it would be like to have us as enemies.

He then turns to Frigs.

Damnit, Frigs. What are you doing?

Castaras
2007-03-03, 04:31 PM
Castaras throws a restraining spell at Feire.

Dartonus
2007-03-03, 04:32 PM
Sha'rall sucks the demon's brain out and replaces it with psionic goo, turning it into a voidmind, which files into rank with his entourage.
I have slain your kind many times before, Drow!
He spits the word Drow, as if it were something utterly repulsive.
Perhaps you hava heard of the Massacre at the city of Sur'rand? That, perhaps, A young Illithid led the uprising that slew so many of your kin? That was me. A fight would not destroy me, but, with my bodyguards here, It would destroy you. I truly do not want a fight. It would most likely severely hinder my mission.
His grip on his scythe tightens.
I did what I did to your kin under direct orders from my deity. The fact that I now worship 3 does not change that fact. I would have drivent them out peacefully, but my second deity requested that it be a massacre. I have seen the greed of some drow, and convinced myself that the massacre was for the best. Your Kin destroy each other to rule their city! IT IS NOT GOVERNMENT YOUR PEOPLE HAVE! IT IS BRUTAL SAVAGERY!
He calms once more.
The massacre was for the best, Drow. I truly believe it was. And, as for you, mage. The artifacts we seek are in the same room, so why separate?

Castaras
2007-03-03, 04:35 PM
Castaras' eyes flash with livid anger.

I do not count them as my kinsman no longer!

Her fists clench as she draws her dagger up her arm. Magic slowly forms around her.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 04:41 PM
Saurous draws a pure black longsword from his bag. It quickly changes shape to that of a scythe. His red eyes glow a bit brighter, and they close to slits.

I believe you have just pledged enemity to us. I suggest moving along before we eviscerate you.

Dartonus
2007-03-03, 04:44 PM
Sha'rall looks at Castaras without any anger in his eyes.
So you are a rebel Drow, then. And what IS your opinion on the Sur'ran massacre? Was it for the Better? And, If you are good as you implied, then what need do you have for an artifact that lies so near to one of the...
His voice trails off.
Almost spoke too much about my mission there. Anyways, I will go with you. You amuse me, and you may need help in your raid. All the better that we are headed to the same room in this place.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 04:45 PM
Get lost, Illithid. You have no business here.

The magic grows stronger.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 04:51 PM
Feire regains his head. Oh so It was already dead.... He sees Castaras about to lay into the Illithid and Readies his Omni-Blade, and calls his Snake to him .

Saurous
2007-03-03, 05:02 PM
Last chance, illithid. Leave now, or you may not see the next day.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 05:03 PM
A drop of blood falls to the floor. The magic around Castaras grows stronger.

Dartonus
2007-03-03, 05:03 PM
Ok then, Drow. I was hoping to at least do this with a group but if you really want me to...
He stops as a light begins glowing inside the skull he wears around his neck.
He says something in Illithid which I will not translate as it is a swear
I was hoping to keep the 80 shards of oblivion a secret a little longer, but... HE had to try to contact me.
He places a prismatic sphere around him as he touches the skull's eye sockets. Strangely, the shadow (Now glowing) is solid. You can make out a bit of his speech from inside the sphere.
Yes, lord of Oblivion... Why did you contact me NOW?... No, I'm not complaining, but I wanted to keep the Unholy shards of oblivion a secret, because there is a party of adventurers RIGHT NEXT TO ME! No... No... I'm not doubting your plans. Yes, I tried to go with them. No, I haven't told them about the plan. No... WHAT!? But- Lord- There is one of the Drow! Yes! A Drow! Perhaps you do not remember, but you told me to massacre some drow! you know how I feel about them! You used my feelings about them to twist me to your will! AAAAAAAAUUUUUGGHH! The oblivion... Overcoming my mind...CAN'T... stay... conscious...
Sha'rall slumps to the floor, unconscious as the prismatic sphere wears out.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 05:04 PM
Feire's snake hisses loudly and starts to coil around Feire's arm I do suggest you leave. There is a large group of demons around here and we have a expericened Illusinist. You wouldn't stand a chance agaisnt all of them.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 05:05 PM
Saurous glances at Sha'rall, not looking worried in the slightest. He kneels down, looking at the skull oddly.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 05:05 PM
Castaras looks at the illithid.

That damned god stole my kill.

She uses her magic to teleport the body away to some unknown place. The magic around her fades, as she tries to stop the blood flow.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 05:13 PM
Feire glances around. Aww no time to ask him how he animated those golems..... Anyway shall we continue?

Saurous
2007-03-03, 05:16 PM
I suppose so.

He looks over at Castaras.

Are you okay?

Castaras
2007-03-03, 05:18 PM
I think so...

She takes out a bandage and binds her wound.

Shall we move on?

Dartonus
The body appears to be protected by some unseen, unspeakably evil and powerful source, keeping it there.
The skull has some sort of binding spell on it. It is permanently fused to the (Currently unconscious) Lich. The binding clearly is very strong, for as you kneel over, the strange feelings of unexistance and oblivion wash over you, yet are not strong enough to destroy you. It is amazing to think that even an undead could survive direct contact with the source of this feeling. As you kneel down, you hear a whispery voice that seems unspeakably evil
Well, servant? You haven't answered my question. Did the party let you come with them? you know how important your mission is. Remember when you obtained this shard? You slew all those drow? My little puppet, You shouldn't disobey your master. You must help me return to this world. I forcibly bound this Shard of Oblivion to you! YOU MUST OBEY ME! I don't care If you have to kill all but one of them to convince him! You know forbidden secrets! you alone know the secret to creating mutiple phylacteries! You bound a death spirit to your scythe! you can kill them! I must Reassemble the Key of Oblivion! I must return to this world! Let no-one stand in my way!
You feel a shudder run down your spine as the voice stops, and the glow in the skull's eyes dies out, allowing you to see the source of the feelings of oblivion and unexistence: A small, black shard, curved on one side, as if it were part of a loop.

Saurous
I guess so...

He walks towards the exit the succumbus rushed for.

Castaras
2007-03-03, 05:20 PM
Castaras follows Saurous.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 05:20 PM
Feire feels as f he missed something important that happened to a corpse radomly teleported away. So shall we move on then?

Dartonus
2007-03-03, 05:22 PM
Like I said, A force prevented the Unconscious body's teleportation.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 05:24 PM
((Who said I was talking about you?? And by the way that was just for fun. I'm not implying anything happened to any corpses.))

Castaras
2007-03-03, 05:25 PM
(( Got to go now, night all. ))

Saurous
2007-03-03, 05:25 PM
Saurous pushes the doorway open, and steps inside. He then immediately falls from sight.

Dartonus
2007-03-03, 05:34 PM
The Lich's Form grows darker, and red runes appear on it. The runes glow brighter, and the air around the body becomes darker, as though the Evil was corrupting the air. The demons and Golems look at each other and step away, a look of pure terror in their eyes. The lich stands up, his eyes no longer the pinpricks of red you would expect in a lich. they glow a bright red, and yellow, ancient runes fill the rest of the Eye sockets. The lich Brandishes his scythe, which glows red, and tries to Mind Blast Feire.

Copacetic
2007-03-03, 05:36 PM
Feire gets hit in the Back and screams You Sneaky Bast- And disappers.

Saurous
2007-03-03, 05:44 PM
Saurous pulls himself back up over the edge he fell off of. He looks back into the room, and sees the lich.

Oh, great. Someone is controlled by forces from beyond. Haven't seen that before.

Dartonus
2007-03-03, 05:54 PM
The Lich looks around and straps his scythe back to his back. He draws his Shortsword and longsword, which Engulf themselves in flame, frost, and electricity simultaneously. He shouts in an Unspeakably evil-sounding voice,
FOOL! You should not have interfered with my plans! I will Transport you to the realm of infinite Oblivion for your efforts, For I AND I ALONE AM THE LORD OF OBLIVION! the Deities thought that they had sealed me away for good, but It was only partially! By possessing mortals, I can enter the material plane temporarily! You will not stop me from returning! No-one can!
The lich turns less black and the runes begin to fade, as if a battle between 2 consciousnesses was taking place.
This is My Job! I will complete it! these people are not a means of completing your plans!
How Foolish You Are! People do not truly love. That drow did not love her kin! She rebelled! Humans war Frequently! People only see other people as a means to an end!
NO! THAT IS NOT TRUE!
The Lich pulls out a vial of holy water and forces it down its throat.
The runes fade, and the skin turns from black to its normal, Gray, and the lich sits down.
Why...? Why did I ever listen to him? But I have settled it. I will gather the 80 shards of oblivion. I will restore the Key of oblivion. I will go to the gate of destruction. And there... I will destroy his only means out of his prison. I just hope my mind can prevail. If only there was someone strong enough to stop me if I can't stop myself.
He Sheathes his swords and strokes his lizard familiar affectionately.
Oh, little buddy, I don't think I could make It without you. I have no friends. The other Illithids exiled me for becoming a lich instead of merging with the elder brain when I died. The Drow hate me because of the massacre. And this party hates me for reasons I don's know.
He turns towards Saurous and extends a ten-foot ladder towards him.
Need a hand there?
By the way, frig, If you want to know how to create my Homebrew war golems, I can PM you the stats, complete with Creation requirements.

Castaras
2007-03-04, 06:32 AM
Castaras goes over to Saurous.

So we move on?

Saurous
2007-03-04, 06:47 AM
Saurous shakes his head awake.

Huh? Oh, um, yes. Watch your step, though. That first one is a doozy.

He begins walking towards the precipice he almost fell off of.

Castaras
2007-03-04, 06:48 AM
Castaras follows treading carefully.

Saurous
2007-03-04, 06:55 AM
((Isn't it "treading"?))

Saurous comes to the end of the precipice, and kneels down. He looks around the room below.

This is going to be a problem.

Castaras
2007-03-04, 06:57 AM
(( I'm crap at spelling ))

What is?

Dartonus
2007-03-04, 06:58 AM
A cliff. I could levitate you down, if you wanted. I am truly sorry for any unfortunate incidents my master has caused. I should not remain here. I may harm more of you... Than have already been harmed.
He gestures towards where feire was before his possession, and casts Greater dimension door to bring him, his arrow demon guards, his golems, and his voidmind Babau to the bottom.
I shall be going, then.

Dartonus
2007-03-04, 07:01 AM
G2g for now.

Castaras
2007-03-04, 07:06 AM
(( Ok. *Cough* Edit Button *Cough* ))