PDA

View Full Version : [PF] A truly bizarre party I.C

Doorhandle
2014-06-15, 06:00 AM
The harsh clanging sound of metal slamming against metal assaults your ears as you step out of the gate onto a landscape of cracked and fissured iron. A gray sky hangs above as distant iron cubes smash into eachother, and the sound of warfare rages in the distance.

ACHERON. The infamous plane of battle.

Your associate, an efreeti merchant of some renown known as Varachus, has promised you three wishes each in return for performing a favour. Legends speaks of an incredible weapon, known only as the Blade of Fiery Might. Over an extensive campaign of asking, scrying, divining, and begging, Varachus has managed to find a lead; A fortress once believed empty, where strange metal creatures drag screaming spirits into at regular intervals. Should you find the vile blade on this forsaken plane, Varachus is free to fulfil his dastardly plan… Of displaying it in the museum of the city of bass at a ridiculous mark-up. Honestly, you worry for the man. It’s not healthy for a genie to be lawful good.

In related news, you have company on the blasted metal plains. An enormous creature that is similtaiously a spider and very much not a spider stands before you, it’s jaws chittering incessantly. Astride the great creature is a dark-skinned elf of indetminate gender, seemingly as surprised to see you as you are to see it(?)…although knowing your group, this is not exactly a rare occurrence.

“…Hello?”

What will you do to begin your search?

Tacitus
2014-06-15, 09:07 PM
Lord Tak

In the shape of an ebony kobold with perfect scales and large wicked looking claws the powerful ogre mage is the first through the portal, both because his form can take significant punishment if the cube they are heading to is in the midst of battle, but also because he is likely the least overtly imposing of the group and the most skilled at scouting ahead. That pilled upon the fact that the damn abomination tends to make a mess going through portals and more than once Tak has been burned by coming through after him.

The fallen kobold liege tumbles to the side of the portal with amazing grace despite the breastplate and armored skirt that conceal much of his body with grinning skulls of steel and spikes that look they might have once been dragon teeth. Lodged in his shoulder is what looks to be a dagger of a strange golden metal shot through with veins of black stone which his companions will recognize as his reliquary, the shifting greatsword known as Sootscale's Sorrow. Tak's eyes burn with a dim white light as his gaze scans across the cube and rests upon the elf and his strange mount as he takes a moment to take stock of the figure. He speaks only just loud enough to be heard, "Stand back, you don't want to be near my companions when they come through."

Once his companions are through the final member of the parade will be a second kobold, this one a distinct contrast to the alien beauty and perfection of his liege. Tiktok, the kobold seneschal to Lord Tak follows behind with a number of scrolls looking quite disheveled, "Please wait, m'lord. You cannot be crossing planar boundaries without informing local Powers! There is paperwork to be done!" At this point Tak glances back at the ghoul with a frown that underlines his displeasure at his subject telling him what to do.

I'll probably be asking this for everyone-one/-thing we encounter, so I'll state it straight out. I've got a feat called Lifesense (http://dndtools.eu/feats/libris-mortis-the-book-of-the-dead--71/lifesense--1764/) out of Libris Mortis. In my eyes all living creatures emit light based on their size. Medium or smaller creatures give off 60ft of Bright, with each size category above medium doubling the previous value (120L,240H,480G,960C). I'd imagine there should be a minimum, else there'd be light almost everywhere all the time from bugs and such, but thats a discussion for another time.

In short, do the Elf and the spider-like creature give off light as a living creature?

Knowledge Checks
History: [roll0]
Planes: [roll1]

Sense Motive to get a hunch (DC 20): [roll2]

Edit: Tiktok is done!
TikTok, Kobold Seneschal Undead (Humanoid [Reptillian])
Small Male LN Gravetouched Ghoul Kobold [Init +0]
HP: 156 (12d8HD +60), DR -/-
Speed: 30ft Land, 20ft Fly
AC: 24 [16 T, 20 FF] (+5 Armor, +1 Size, +4 Dex, +3 Natural, +1 Def) CMD: 25
Fort: +10, Ref: +11, Will: +13
BAB: +9, CMD: +10
Attack: Bite +12 Melee (1d4-1)
Full Attack: Bite +12 Melee (1d4+2), Claw +10 (1d3+1), Claw +10 (1d3+1)
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 18, Con -, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 16
Special: Low Light Vision, Darkvision 60ft, Slight Build, Ghoul Fever (Fort DC 19), Paralysis (Fort DC 19), +2 Channel Resist, Diet Dependant (Flesh), Corpsecrafted (+4 Enh Str, +2 HP/HD)

Skills: (4+2)x12=72
[Class: Climb, Disguise, Fly, Intimidate, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (religion), Perception, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, and Stealth]
+19 Craft (Trapmaking), +23 Fly, +19 Perception, +4 Profession (Miner), +14 Profession (Bureaucrat),+17 Spellcraft, +19 Stealth

Feats: B: Multiattack, 1: Draconic Aspect: ER 5 (Acid), 3: Draconic Glide (Kobold): 20ft Glide, 5: Contagious Paralysis, 7: Lifebond (+4 Turn Resist and +2 Saves w/in 60ft of Tak), 9: , 11: Draconic Paragon (Kobold): Fly 20ft (Average)

Gear:
+1 Chain Shirt (+5 AC, 4 Max Dex, -1 ACP)
Gloves of Dexterity +2
Cloak of Resistance +3
Ring of Deflection +1
Backpack
Various scrolls, lawbooks, writing supplies, etc (75gp)
Eyeglasses

GuesssWho
2014-06-15, 11:12 PM
A . . . thing comes through the portal next. It makes strange gibbering sounds with two mouths, while a third is cheerfully babbling to no one in particular about the glory that will be had once the Dweller on the Horizon figures himself out and gets on that whole dwelling thing.

After a moment it shakes itself and nods to the genie. "Hi! I'm Ryukbludra. Want to join my Make Fharlanghn Act Properly Lovecraftian Club?"

blackwind1kaze
2014-06-15, 11:31 PM
The first thing to enter through the portal after Tak and Ryuk was the start of a pool of rotten sludge that smelled as bad as the Bog of Eternal Stench. After 15 feet of it spread out through this portal, a large skeletal man appeared that was robbed with a black scarf around him that covered his mouth and large skeletal wings that were attached to his back. he moved off to the side of the portal as to keep the rot away from it.

"Let's just get this over with," Hokori stated as he looked at the Efreeti and the elven spider ((yes he knows that it is a elf on a spider)). He puts his hands to form a small circle near the middle of his chest as he concentrates.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Vedhin
2014-06-16, 09:09 AM
Taseldmos strides through the portal, and sees the elfhalfling mounted on the spiderferret. "Well met!"

Doorhandle
2014-06-17, 04:01 AM
“…Okay?”

The black-clad elf seems confused for a second, but quietly urges his mount to step aside. There is a series of organic clicks as it smoothly sidesteps the encroaching party.

The elf is enlightened to the kobl-ogre’s reasoning, and then made even more confused upon the arrival of the rest of the party.

Hi! I'm Ryukbludra. Want to join my Make Fharlanghn Act Properly Lovecraftian Club?"

“Nnnooo…”

The spiderlike aberration he’s mounted on blinks for a second, almost as if it’s considering it.

The elf turns to the more-corpsy part of the party at this point.

“So what bring you fine…fellows to this extraplanar hellhole?"

Lifesense:

The elf on the back is a fairly normal living being. Ho-hum.

The not-spider on the other hand…You’re not sure WHAT that is. It’s not undead, but the lifeforces of each fragment of chitin don’t connect to each-other properly. It’ like its made from a bunch of denomic flesh stitched together into a construct and then animated...

Knolwge checks, hunches.

Pooling your knowledge, you understand the following:

Highest roll: history 35, + aid another for 37

Ages past, the 37th sultan of the efreet, known only in legend to this day, wielded the the Blade of Fiery Might. This great artefact served him well in his wars against the djinn and other enemies of the City of Brass. Eventually a daring jann and his allies, a band of adventurers from the Material Plane, destroyed it, scattering the shards of the blade across the planes—its powers lost for eternity.

Or so it was thought. The sultan was wise and knew even a blade as might as his could be destroyed, and so in addition to it’s necessary fragility, he also input a way it may be reborn. If one could gather the spirits of the greatest forge-masters ever born and channel the blood of an unborn god within the kiln of the Iron Fortress of Zandikar, the blade could be reforged, more powerful than ever.

Planes: 30

Your current location is Avalas; the battle-plains. It’s mildly lawfully aligned, but basically anything native to this plane or who has stayed on it for too long is as war with everything else. The massive iron cubes that make up it’s cosmos have a bad habit of rushing into each-other at high speed, destroying almost anything on that surface of the cube at the time.

In addition to the usual bevy of appropriately-aligned outsiders and axiomatic beings, there are a few other natives, including the mysterious steel predators. In most materiel-plain ecosystems they’d be considered a top predator, but on the blood-soaked and iron-rusted cubes of archon, they’re just scavengers and opportunists.

Unlike most planes, does not have a leading power so much as several warring ones. Every god even tangent related to mass combat has his fingers in this extra-planar pie. If it wasn’t constantly at war, it would almost be neutral ground. Figuring out who to contact is a matter of finding who currently owns this segment of it.

The cube you’re on, Rigus, is named after the closest town to it: “Close” being a misleading term as it’s on the other side of a permanent portal. As the area is a well-studied as an ever-shifting and constantly self-harming plane can be, you think that the cube you’re after,Kolyoral, should be diagonally above you from this face of the cube.

Religion roll:13.

The obsession with the blade is national pride, rather than religious. Aside from that you know little of it form that perspective.

Hunch: The cube you’re on is staring to accelerate. You have about a day before it crashes and turned everything within a hundred-mile raidius to goo. The silver lining is that it’s moving toward Kolyoral.

Tacitus
2014-06-17, 11:52 AM
Lord Tak

The kobold gives a half bow to the elf and pulls the small blade from where it is lodged in his collar bone to flourish with it out to one side. It grows in size to be a fitting cane for the small reptilian and he leans on it as he looks over the spider-like construct, "I apologize for being brief, you can understand how this procession can come as a shock to some, and it has for many. We're on our way to a nearby Cube, just up yonder, I believe." He pauses to gesture towards it and he would surely frown if he had proper lips, "Ah, quite a bit closer than I would have expected. I imagine an impact is coming quite soon. Other than impending doom for this face of this cube, is there any news on these endless battlefields?"

Not as good at Diplomacy as other things, but [roll0]

Doorhandle
2014-06-17, 06:36 PM
The elf nods sagely

“There’s an extraplanar warlord known as Imparagon somewhere on that cube. He’s recently started brokering deals with anyone and everyone who will even theoretically consider an alliance with him. He thinks he’s apparently some descendant of some great wyrm. Fools like him are a dime a dozen, but for every invasion like his we gain some ground so it’s still a worthwhile investment."

"Seems to be collecting spirits as well, but for what purpose I don’t know. I guess everyone needs a hobby."

"I’d suggest you avoid him unless you like dying…"

"...Err, again. He’s not…courteous to uninvited guests. Or at all. Duergar are so RUDE sometimes, you know? “

It then looks up to the cube briefly before returning to the conversion.

“If another impact is starting I need to be on my way more than ever. Thank you for your courtesy and may the odds ever be in your favour.”

GuesssWho
2014-06-17, 11:35 PM
"Thank you!" She grins at the spider creature. She feels good about the prospects of this meeting.

Jormengand
2014-06-19, 05:51 AM
Drach-Zaron is meanwhile watching the proceedings with bewilderment.

So... what do you think, Jon?
Hehe! Burn them all!
You know what? Never mind.

Zaron looks at Ryuk with a confused look on his face. "Uh... so... what's going on and what can I do about it?"

GuesssWho
2014-06-19, 06:25 AM
"Nice sword. Hi sword!

"We're . . . not getting squished? I hope?" She attempts a shrug with way too many shoulders. Or possibly hips.

Tacitus
2014-06-19, 07:53 AM
With another flourish Tak shrinks his sword and returns it to its sheathe inside his chest and twists it slightly so it lodges against bone properly. His ghoulified kobold retainer visibly shudders as he watches his lord do this yet again, but does not comment. Tak glances to Ryuk and Zaron, "We need to either get underground, get off this face of the cube, or fly to another face of the cube we're heading towards. If we fail to do one of these things we will indeed be crushed. I might survive. I expect we've got about a day by the Prime's reckoning. I'd suggest moving across the face of this cube until we're a bit closer to our destination." He gestures to Zaron, "Have you any spell prepared for mass travel?"

Jormengand
2014-06-19, 09:25 AM
"Uhm... I can let you walk on, or swim in, air. The swimming ones only work for twelve minutes, though the walking ones last two hours. I've got two of each, but people who can actually fly properly should do that instead.

If you meant teleportation, no can do. What do you think I am, some kind of sorcerer?"

Doorhandle
2014-06-19, 07:31 PM
The black-robed elf and his alarming-large spider mount have left you to your chatter. Despite the ever-ringing clash of steel on steel, the iron plains now seem very… empty. Any corpses left-over form battle shave already been picked to the bone or smashed, and there are no trees for miles.

One feature you can see is a massive crevasse: probably created when another cube crashed into rigus edge-on. While not the most hospitable shelter, such a rent could be enough to protect you from the worst of the impact.

In the distance, you can see what seems to be some sort of eagle heading towards you. It’s still on what amounts to a horizon here, but as it slowly gets closer you realise it’s larger than any bird you have seen and has two heads...

You could ride it up to the next cube, should you feel mad enough.

GuesssWho
2014-06-19, 09:41 PM
"Lets hide in the hole! We can fly to the other cube after." Ryukbludra grins like an idiot with three mouths.

Tacitus
2014-06-19, 09:44 PM
Tak nods, "Aye, walking upon air should do for the majority, and I have some room in my suite for those that do not breathe." His suite, as you have come to learn, is an extravagant bedroom constructed inside a kobold-made portable hole that only seems to operate for those of lawful or evil natures. He often hides his senechal inside if danger is present and takes time to rest within each night on the bloodstained bed. His eyes rise to the oncoming cube and then scan across the horizon , "I'm not an expert at gauging distance, at least not in relation to cubes spinning through the void so I'm not actually sure if walking upon the air would get us there in one shot. So, shall we roast a great big extraplanar chicken while we wait? Or are we up for spelunking?"

If the cube is a day out, just exactly how far does it seem to be? Would a nice air jog get us there or is it much farther than that?
How far is this doduo/eagle?
Is the drow gone through the portal, or just politely off to the side waiting for us to get out of the way? Not that I want to kill it for its delicious XPs or anything...

Doorhandle
2014-06-19, 10:32 PM
As both cubes are closing into each other, you'll have about 350 miles to traverse. You may need a speed boost...

Drow is off to the side a bit. You could reach it pretty easily if you wished.

The twinroc is closing in and appeasers to have spotted you. It’s reached diving speed and will arrive in one round!

Tacitus
2014-06-19, 11:33 PM
Lord Tak lets out a heavy sigh and reaches up to his blade once again, but this time when he removes it there is a spray of blood and the cracking of bone as his body bloats massively until a stone giant with flawless white skin and not a trace of body hair stands facing the oncoming bird. His golden blade has swelled to match his new size, the onyx veins burning with a furious red light that leaves a faint after-image of bloodied reptilian faces as the blade moves.

Init: [roll0] (adjusted for new Dex)
Move: Draw Greatsword
Swift: Sizing weapon property up to Gargantuan (treated as Huge for wielding, Colossal for Striking)
Free: 5ft step towards oncoming eagle-thing
Standard: Change Shape to Stone Giant

+6 size bonus to Strength
-2 penalty to Dexterity
+4 size bonus to Constitution
+4 natural armor bonus
low-light vision
If the form you assume has any of the following abilities, you gain the listed ability:

darkvision 60 feet
rend (2d6 damage)
regeneration 5
rock catching
rock throwing (range 60 feet, 2d6 damage)

Stats Update:
42 Str, 18 Dex, 28 Con
AC: 38 (T: 26, FF: 34)
15ft Reach (Appears as 10ft reach)
Attack: +27/+22/+17
Damage: 8d6+25
Saves: 25/18/14

For reference, I'm imagining the blade sheathed inside Tak as max weapon damage for a greatsword sized down 3 times from medium (and then +1 size from weapon property), which is 8 nonlethal as it cannot disable my Regen, and with Regen 5 and Fast Healing this disappears on my action on the first round of combat if weapon is draw in a pre-round as such.

GuesssWho
2014-06-20, 12:32 AM
Everyone's favorite flying tentacle scorpion rises to meet the bird, trying to get above it to rain acid.

Jormengand
2014-06-20, 03:29 AM
Drach-Zaron looks a little bored.

Init [roll0]

Given that it's a round away, if Drach-Zaron has time to act before it gets here, a SMIV'd Medium Gravity Elemental might seem to be in order. If not, he'll work out where it is relative to him and then do something interesting.

Doorhandle
2014-06-20, 04:31 AM
Drach-Zaron looks a little bored.

Init [roll0]

Given that it's a round away, if Drach-Zaron has time to act before it gets here, a SMIV'd Medium Gravity Elemental might seem to be in order. If not, he'll work out where it is relative to him and then do something interesting.

If you summon that now, you'll finish summoning it right as the bird arrives and then have your turn as normal.

GuesssWho
2014-06-20, 08:28 PM
Ryukbludra bells out her tentacles and snaps her claws as she goes, looking like a giant Christmas ornament from the nightmares of H. P. Lovecraft.

[roll0]

Jormengand
2014-06-22, 06:26 AM
If you summon that now, you'll finish summoning it right as the bird arrives and then have your turn as normal.

Sounds good. Gravity is totally an element, I swear.

Doorhandle
2014-06-22, 06:09 PM
COMBAT BEGINS! ROUND ONE:FIGHT!

(I can't freaking believes that I rolled so low for initiative!)

As the eagle closes in over the iron plains, you notice both it's heads possess a halo and a crown of horns, which all glow with furious power as it dives towards you and screams out it's first spell...

Knowledge check information:

Twinrocs have dr/chaotic or lawful, S.R 25 and resistance 10 to all elements

the result of millennia of artificial selection, twinrocs have both fiendish and celestial blood, each pumped through their bodies by a separate circulatory system. In addition to making them far stronger and smarter than a normal roc, it also gives them a huge arsenal of spell-like abilities.

While not evil, they are incredibly proud and wrongly consider themselves paragons of virtue. They're incredibly selfish, and tend to view other creatures either as threats or food. Far too arrogant to openly admit defeat, they will never flee; although they may call parley partway through the battle if they're obviously not winning it.

[Twinroc is approx 50ft off the ground and about 200ft away. There's no cover or difficult terrain. Post thy actions!]

Tacitus
2014-06-23, 12:41 AM
Lord Tak

With a slavering howl of mindless rage the Kobold-turned-stone-giant leaps into the air and brandishes his blade at the Roc menacingly as he waits for the creature to approach. He knows that he is likely too far down still for his tactic to work, but being in the air at all will help set up for later attempts to catch the Roc. Meanwhile, the ghoulified kobold, having grabbed the portable hole off Tak's belt only moments ago, scampers off to one side, opens it, drops into the hole and closes it from inside.

Fly Check of +19 vs DC 20 to fly up at greater than a 45 degree angle, aka straight up in this case. Fly Check of +19 vs DC 15 to hover.

Move: 30ft straight up
Standard: Ready to -Inevitable Sunset Strike [Oblivion] if the Roc closes to within 15ft.
--Standard Action attack still deals base weapon damage on miss.
3.5 Power Attack for full
A: [roll0]
D: [roll1] +43 if it hits, base damage regardless.
Also, if any damage is taken (aka, if the attack is made at all), Cornugon's Smash gives me a free Demoralize. Imperious Command turns Demoralize into Cower for one round and Shaken thereafter.
If the Roc is Huge or larger, my rolls takes a -4. I assume it is as normal Roc are Gargantuan, so this is factored in. Pathfinder intimidate does not give a penalty for each size category difference, just once.
For reference, DC is 10 + the target’s Hit Dice + the target’s Wisdom modifier [+ bonuses vs fear]. Each 5 I pass the DC increases Shaken duration by 1 round.
Intimidate: [roll2]

My reach is 15 ft, but only appears to be 10ft.
Dunno if it takes an action, because its not so much a feint as appearing to be a mindless brute, so a bluff maybe? [roll3]
Though, it probably saw me change shape, so I dunno. If its possible, I'm just throwing it out there.

The portable hole stuff with TikTok is a reason for him to not be involved with the battle, and includes actions from the surprise round because I'd forgotten, and I hope you don't mind.

GuesssWho
2014-06-23, 09:43 PM
With a flick of her tentacle tips, Ryukbludra starts an acid rain. Don't worry, most of it isn't falling near the party.

[roll0] Reflex 21 for half

Vedhin
2014-06-24, 07:01 PM
Taseldmos

"Ho, foul ettin! Stand and fight!"

Of course it's an ettin. It has two heads, doesn't it?

Going to use a swift action for Test of Mettle. If the thing fails a DC 25 Will save, for 14 rounds it is forced to attack me with its ranged or melee attacks in preference over other available targets. If it attacks by casting a spell or using a supernatural ability, it must target me with the attack or include me in the effect's area.

Jormengand
2014-06-25, 06:23 AM
Drach-Zaron continues to look bored, and attacks the birdy thing while his swords insult the latter's maternal heritage. The gravity elemental goes up and drops the roc on the ground.

The gravity elemental will Hold the roc, fortitude DC 14 with a -4 penalty for flying. If it fails, and lands in D-Z's reach, he'll full attack it, otherwise he'll Flame Strike it.

Flame Strike does [roll0] dawizard.
Or, full attack:
[roll1] [roll2] [roll3] [roll4] [roll5] [roll6] [roll7] [roll8] [roll9] [roll10] [roll11] [roll12]
Full dama... wait, what?
[roll13] [roll14] [roll15] [roll16] [roll17] [roll18] [roll19] [roll20] [roll21] [roll22] [roll23] [roll24] [roll25] [roll26] [roll27] [roll28] [roll29] [roll30] [roll31] [roll32] [roll33] [roll34] [roll35] [roll36]

I have way too many arms.

The swords shout abuse at the roc, but it's probably unintelligent and can't actually be intimidated.

Doorhandle
2014-06-27, 04:50 AM
LET BATTLE BE JOINED! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX51T-EipOo)

Lord Tak:
Your wild, if not mindless, swing missed it mark... but even the sound as it passes is enough to crack the bones of mortal men, and the bird flinches away from your strike!
This "Twinroc," however, is more than mortal and it's as if the blow his solid stone.
19 damage, post D.R!

Ryukbludra
Your acid rain pours down upon the strange being below you... and fails to even warrant a glance from the twin-headed eagle.
The acid-resist ten successfully protected the roc form your 8 points of acid damage

Taseldmos
The quad of eyes belonging to the ettin widen and then narrow at your audacity.
"BIGROCK NOT GET THE JOKE BUT BIGROCK WILL LAUGH ANYWAY. HURR HURR."
The twinroc was unaffected, but decided to hit you first anyway due to it's arrogance!

Drach-Zaron

Your gravity elemental drags at the beast but the bird's massive bulk is unperturbed by mere newtonian physics.
The air fills with whirring blades as you bury the Roc under a tidal-wave of blows. Most of them are deflected by sheer demi-holy/quasi-profane power, and the last is sidestepped!
You missed with everything! ...What? How did THAT happen?

Twinroc:
The twinrock swoops down to land on the brave (or suicidal) knight who dared to challenge it's supremacy! As it impacts the ground with a tremendous thud, the air thrums with quasiprofane energy, and it screams a denomic cry that flays the blood from your veins!
HORRID WILTING! 59 Damage, save against Fort for half! against EVERYONE.

Those who still have actions remaining may take them now.

Vedhin
2014-06-27, 01:16 PM
Taseldmos easily ignores the foul magic, and begins striking at the ettin, trying to wrap his chain around it. "Now, strike down this fiend!"

Horrid Wilting affects only the living. It is adjacent to me, right? If so, it now takes a -4 penalty on attack rolls against others. It's also subject to Aura of Whispers (DC 26 Will save vs shaken 1d4 rounds. I'm activating Robilar's Gambit (it gets +4 hit and damage against me, but provokes AoOs if it attacks). Also, designating it for Shield Block, giving me 2 extra AC. Also, choosing it with Allied Retirbution, giving me a +2 morale bonus on attack and damage rolls.

By moving into my threatened area, it gives me a chance to use Preemptive Strike for an AoO: [roll0], damage: [roll1].

On-turn, using a swift action for Authoritative Command. If anyone listens to Taseldmos an attacks, he and all compliant allies gain a +2 competence bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, and saving throws and to Armor Class for 1 round.
And then his full attack:
[roll2] damage: [roll3], Chains of the Dead damage: [roll4], negative energy, DC 26 Will for half. If it hits, Chains of the Dead grapple CMB check: [roll5]

If I don't get the Chains of the Dead grapple started, the rest of the full attack:

[roll6] damage: [roll7], Chains of the Dead damage: [roll8], negative energy, DC 26 Will for half. If it hits, Chains of the Dead grapple CMB check: [roll9]

If I don't get the Chains of the Dead grapple started, the rest of the full attack:

[roll10] damage: [roll11], Chains of the Dead damage: [roll12], negative energy, DC 26 Will for half. If it hits, Chains of the Dead grapple CMB check: [roll13]

Note that Chains of the Dead only activates on the first hit.

Tacitus
2014-06-29, 12:45 AM
Lord Tak
252/252 w/ 18 Nonlethal

The spell falls across Lord Tak and causes splits across his flesh as he simply stares at the 'Twinroc' through a growing cloud of steam that was once his own internal fluids. He shifts his stance as he hovers in the air for a moment and then falls upon the bird with force, blade coming down in a single devastating blow.

Full Round: Charge (+2 Attack, -2 AC)! Power attack for -2 to get +3 damage. High Ground! (Attacking from above)
A1: [roll0]
D1: [roll1]

This is a regular attack, no damage on a miss, but this should let me Intimidate into a Cower this time around.
Intimidate: [roll2]

Note for the round after Cower ends, my Shaken would stack with Vedhin's Shaken (if it gets shaken) to Frightened, which would cause it to flee.

Doorhandle
2014-07-01, 09:49 PM
Blackwind1kaze: this is your last chance to post for this round! you have 1 more day!

Taseldmos:
You wrap your righteous chains around the ettin and slam it into the ground rapidly, the glorious radiance burning into it's unholy flesh! It's wrapped up tightly, but not yet down.

As you do this however, the foul stench of the creature server to overwhelm your nostrils and sap your enthusiasm!

45 damage total! Twinroc Bigrock is grappled but not shaken!
Taseldmos must save vs unholy aura!Foul stench! (Finally, a creature that's not neutral!Has working nostrils!)

(We'll get to Lord tak next round. feel free to post your actions for that round.)

blackwind1kaze
2014-07-04, 09:31 AM
Hokori Moves up toward the beast and attacks it after his rotting aura touches the bird first.

If allowed, as my last turn action that never came around due to many factors on my end, i would have like to hold the charge on contagion (blinding sickness DC 16 [roll0]) to use in my attack now.

Move action: Move up to the bird now on the ground. Rotting Aura hits him (DC 22 [roll1], if DC beats roll, Will save against same DC or be nauseated for 1 round).

Standard action: Claw Attack ([roll2], [roll3]; [roll4], [roll5]) ((OOC: If i'm allowed my second claw attack let me know, i can't remember atm))

Doorhandle
2014-07-04, 09:15 PM
Hokori Moves up toward the beast and attacks it after his rotting aura touches the bird first.

If allowed, as my last turn action that never came around due to many factors on my end, i would have like to hold the charge on contagion (blinding sickness DC 16 [roll0]) to use in my attack now.

Move action: Move up to the bird now on the ground. Rotting Aura hits him (DC 22 [roll1], if DC beats roll, Will save against same DC or be nauseated for 1 round).

Standard action: Claw Attack ([roll2], [roll3]; [roll4], [roll5]) ((OOC: If i'm allowed my second claw attack let me know, i can't remember atm))

Is rotting arua save for half or negated on a save? I'll assume it's the former for speed.

Horkori

Your swipe crashes against the twinroc's quasiholy aura, but even that isn't enough to save it from the vile energy released from your body.

Even as your mere presence withers it’s flesh, the bird screeches in outrages… but suddenly falters as it sees Lord Tak’s next blow incoming…

Attack missed. Arua saved against. Casting defensively failed!

Round two

Lord Tak

You blow hit home with the inevitability of death itself! Semi-demonic flesh crumples under your assault, with the bird’s will following suit!

42 damage post-DR! Twinroc is cowered!

blackwind1kaze
2014-07-04, 09:59 PM
Negates for that current round but then if he's still on it at the start of his turn during the next round (which he will be) he'll need to make another save or take damage. The radius on the aura is 15 ft. around my character (and my character is large).

GuesssWho
2014-07-05, 05:31 AM
Ryukbludra growls in frustration and ups the acid. Hey, when all you have is a hammer--or rather, when your only ranged attack is acidic.

Acid drizzle: [roll0] acid, Fort 21 for half

Doorhandle
2014-07-05, 11:02 PM
Ryukbludra

Your attempts at teaching the twinroc the true meaning of pain are... less than impressive. Some of it's feathers sizzle a bit.

Save successful! 2 damage after acid resistance.

I'm...honestly surprised you haven't used your breath weapon or full attack yet...

Tacitus
2014-07-06, 09:52 PM
Not posting any actions (not sure how I got ahead of myself), but thought I'd add some flavor to my previous intimidate because I just forgot before. I hope you don't mind liberties taken with the wonders of regeneration and creative narrative. >.>
And, you know, stealing lines from Krieg as an Abomination rather than a Monster. XD
Honestly, just felt like posting something because this weekend is being super boring here in the middle of nowhere.

Lord Tak

In the guise of an ebony giant of death and destruction, wearing an armor of bones and blade the ogre tears through the birds flesh with a powerful swipe from his blade aided by his mass and fall from a higher elevation. A spray of blinding sparks spray across ground as the blade passes through in a bloody shower and cuts a rent in the surface of the cube with an unearthly scream of metal that tells a tale of haunted spirits. Despite the incredible mass of the gargantuan blade the ogre lifts it back into position for another stroke but holds back as he instead seems to rip his head from his body and hold it forward for the 'twinroc' to see most clearly, "I'm going to put my pain into your soul!" He bellows with laughter as he sees fear struck into the heart of the great beast, the laughter only growing louder as he replaces his head upon his body.

GuesssWho
2014-07-10, 05:04 AM
"Stupid antacid thingie." She's annoyed now, darnit!