PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Gestalt build for Jafar

Jgosse
2014-06-15, 08:55 AM
I am going to be running a Villain based off of Jafar in the near future and I was wondering what the playground thought?

Human
Warlock//wizard 3
Eldritch theurge//aristocrat 7

I will be maxing out his Cha based skills and probably using some items to make him more charming.

JeminiZero
2014-06-15, 09:43 AM
Well, according to the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/gestaltCharacters.htm):

Prestige classes that are essentially class combinations-such as the arcane trickster, mystic theurge, and eldritch knight-should be prohibited if you’re using gestalt classes
So you should not be using Eldritch Theurge. However, you could just go straight Wizard//Warlock and drop Aristocrat and Eldritch Theurge without much difficulty.

Just focus on Int, and remember to take invocations that don't have a Save.

weckar
2014-06-15, 09:50 AM
Oddly, from a purely mechanical standpoint to 'build' a Jafar, wouldn't Warlock//Bard work much better? ACF out of music abilities, and you got a much more solid chassis that represents his abilities. Add a Djinni-focused PrC and you're all set.

Gildedragon
2014-06-15, 11:29 AM
((Class with Lore ability))//sorcerer with an imbued staff familiar substitution + item familiar, and the acquire familiar feat

A.A.King
2014-06-15, 01:19 PM
You'll definitely want a Parrot Familiar from Stormwrack. They are basically ravens (they even get to speak a language) re-fluffed as Parrots.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-06-15, 01:55 PM
Jafar was always referred to as a Sorcerer, and he didn't ever study a book.

Imbued Staff is from Dragon issue 338, p58. Be sure to put two Wand Chambers in it. Item Familiar (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/itemFamiliars.htm) from UA is fitting, but not necessary. Obtain Familiar feat in CA for a Parrot from Stormwrack has been mentioned.

I'd make him a NE Sorcerer 5/ Mindbender 1/ Sand Shaper 10/ Paragnostic Apostle 4. As a gestalt character, use that with Warlock 6/ Sorcerer 1/ Warlock 7/ Sorcerer 1/ Warlock 5, so he gets Sorcerer 20 spellcasting and Warlock 18 abilities with all those bonus spells known from Sand Shaper.

Zombulian
2014-06-15, 02:02 PM
You could always try Sha'Ir for that special Arabian Nights flavor Sorcerer, and have his Djinn familiar be disguised as a parrot who grabs spells for him.

Vaz
2014-06-16, 04:23 AM
Less Sandshaper and more Archmage with reach so that he can Awaken Sand at Range.

He also needs shapechange. He's more like a Naga than anything else snakelike.

Azraile
2014-06-16, 05:29 AM
yah not so much sand shaper... never saw that...

though Mozenrath on the other hand... he he ... other hand...

wizard (super specialsed necromancer)/sorcerer
Dread necromancer / Sand Shaper

With an item familiar glove (with 100% of his magic realited and archane knowlage skills in it)
and an outsider eel familar

scary!

Edit: who I just found an awsome picture of looking up his name to make sure i got it right

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/333/8/e/mozenrath__rag_and_bone_by_earthenwing-d33w4on.jpg