PDA

View Full Version : Defiant PrC and domain powers

Xintas
2014-06-15, 05:23 PM
In the section regarding ex-clerics and trading in levels, the only mechanical discussion of what is lost says:

"This is likely a profitable trade for an ex-cleric, since he has given up his cleric class features in order to qualify for the defiant class."

Since domain powers are not a class feature per se, would bonus feats granted by domains stay on the character or would those be traded in? If they are kept, are domain powers kept? My guess would be yes to feats and no to powers, but I wanted to see what the playground thought.

Xintas
2014-06-16, 12:06 PM
To help clarify further, there are some domains that grant feats like "Weapon Focus in deities favorite weapon" and some that say things like "You can empower 1 spell per day". With the distinction like that (granting a feat versus granting something very similar to a feat), I feel like it should work.

Also, would domain feats be treated differently than domain power granted feats?

XmonkTad
2014-06-16, 12:37 PM
If the Defiant trades in the cleric levels for Defiant levels, then I'd say that they lose the bonus feats granted by the domain they once had.

Xintas
2014-06-16, 03:32 PM
That was my initial thought as well, but it is not a class feature. The domain power is a class feature, and if it was something that would be lost, I assume it would be something more like the empower one and less like the weapon focus one.

Since Domain Feats are not a class feature nor an ACF, I don't see any justification for losing those.