PDA

View Full Version : 1000+ Int score?

Xaroth
2014-06-15, 07:39 PM
I think I remember someone mentioning something like this on the website, that it was achieved through a spell or something. I had absolutely no idea what he/she meant, and now I can't find the post. Does anyone know what he/she was talking about or whether or not such a thing is even possible without having a stupidly high ECL and tons of magical items?

rg9000
2014-06-15, 07:58 PM
Search Pun-Pun on Google, it is in there.

Nettlekid
2014-06-15, 08:16 PM
The first way that comes to mind for me is the Vermin Lord's capstone ability to create a Hivemind. Under the Hivemind rules in BoVD, the mind gains Int and Cha and Sorcerer spellcasting proportional to the number of hundreds of creatures in the swarm. Fine Flying creatures can be packed into a set of squares within 10 feet of each other in the tens of thousands, and thus the Hivemind can have an Int of like 1000.

Xaroth
2014-06-17, 05:33 PM
Search Pun-Pun on Google, it is in there.

I know what Pun-pun is, and I know for a fact that this guy's thing was a spell of sorts that had nothing to do with Pun-Pun.

Xaroth
2014-06-17, 05:34 PM
The first way that comes to mind for me is the Vermin Lord's capstone ability to create a Hivemind. Under the Hivemind rules in BoVD, the mind gains Int and Cha and Sorcerer spellcasting proportional to the number of hundreds of creatures in the swarm. Fine Flying creatures can be packed into a set of squares within 10 feet of each other in the tens of thousands, and thus the Hivemind can have an Int of like 1000.

I'll need to use that at some point in my campaign.

Sian
2014-06-17, 05:40 PM
think you misremember the Aeshkrau Illumian Wizard/Cancer Mage heavily plauged with Festering Anger... with stupid amount of Strength and gaining bonus spells from such

Xaroth
2014-06-17, 05:52 PM
think you misremember the Aeshkrau Illumian Wizard/Cancer Mage heavily plauged with Festering Anger... with stupid amount of Strength and gaining bonus spells from such

I also know about the Muscle Wizard (http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Muscle_Wizard). It wasn't that.

Vaz
2014-06-17, 07:32 PM
Age to Venerable (+3 Int)
Kill self
Be reincarnated, keeping Mental stats but gaining form of adult
Age to Venerable (+3 int)
Kill self
Reincarnate...
Rinse and repeat ad infinitum

Mix in fast time planes for ease.

sideswipe
2014-06-18, 06:37 PM
epic spell? :smallwink:

Slipperychicken
2014-06-18, 07:04 PM
I think I remember someone mentioning something like this on the website, that it was achieved through a spell or something. I had absolutely no idea what he/she meant, and now I can't find the post. Does anyone know what he/she was talking about or whether or not such a thing is even possible without having a stupidly high ECL and tons of magical items?

Are you thinking of the Omniscificer? He uses Masochism and an infinite damage loop to gain an infinitely large bonus on skill checks, including knowledge skills, making him effectively omniscient.

Slithery D
2014-06-18, 08:17 PM
I think he's thinking of Morrowind...

Seer_of_Heart
2014-06-19, 03:08 AM
This is a way of getting 1000 int if you really need one.

This is viable with festering anger or another way of getting NI any ability score if you can also gain NI cl.

Either be a demon to start with or get a friendly demon. Raise any of its stats to at least 2010 then get a 10th level void disciple to use void release on it. You then use extract gift (you really need it to be an SLA or another way to get it to be free or else its very expensive) to give a bonus of 1000 to int or any other ability score.