PDA

View Full Version : Adventure paths/modules for powergamers

molten_dragon
2014-06-15, 08:00 PM
My wife and I were discussing at dinner tonight one of the modules we've been playing in, and how it, like all the others, doesn't deal with high-powered characters well, without some significant modification. So we got to wondering if there were any published adventures out there explicitly for high-powered characters, that actually deal with them decently?

Anyone ever found anything like that? Do you think there would be a demand for it it?

I realize it would be hard to cover extreme levels of optimization, but they could be designed to challenge something significantly more optimized than the mediocre characters most published adventures seem to assume.

Sayt
2014-06-15, 08:44 PM
Well, Paizo's Wrath of the Righteous was designed for Mythic characters, and some of the CRs later on are mid-high 20s, so it might be appropriate for highly optimised non-Mythic characters, I'm not sure.

ngilop
2014-06-15, 10:02 PM
Im sure there would be a market for high optimization groups out there. But I would imagine you would not sell as many if you went middle of the road like published ones are.

its a lot easier to up the optimization of an adventure than it is to take it down several notches so the average 'hey lets play D&D' groups are.

also I would image most high OP players/DM make their own things o run through rather than want to buy a published one

after all all I am seeing is published advenrture #1 'you have to kill pun-pun' then you build you terminator and g back intime to do so ro whateve other counters that have been made to thwart pun pun.

RedMage125
2014-06-15, 11:13 PM
From what I understand by the people I have met who have run it, the World's Largest Dungeon by AEG gets pretty lethal.

molten_dragon
2014-06-16, 06:15 AM
Well, Paizo's Wrath of the Righteous was designed for Mythic characters, and some of the CRs later on are mid-high 20s, so it might be appropriate for highly optimised non-Mythic characters, I'm not sure.

From what I've read, that one is a cakewalk for mythic characters. I don't know if it would be a good challenge for optimized non-mythic characters or not.