PDA

View Full Version : Evil Paladin Special Mount

Yogibear41
2014-06-15, 09:06 PM
Outside of leadership or a similar feat, is there anyway to make the special mount for one of the variant evil paladins from UA to be undead yet still have an intelligence score(zombies and skeletons being mindless are basically out) adding a template to a normal heavy warhorse would work just fine, or if there is already an intelligent undead horse printed up in a book somewhere of the relatively same HD that would be great too.

Urpriest
2014-06-15, 10:09 PM
Outside of leadership or a similar feat, is there anyway to make the special mount for one of the variant evil paladins from UA to be undead yet still have an intelligence score(zombies and skeletons being mindless are basically out) adding a template to a normal heavy warhorse would work just fine, or if there is already an intelligent undead horse printed up in a book somewhere of the relatively same HD that would be great too.

The Bone Knight Prestige Class will do it.

Yogibear41
2014-06-15, 10:58 PM
That could work, the text doesn't say that lay on hands or the negative energy version in this case improves with bone knight levels as a paladins does, but upon looking at the sample level 10 character with 4 levels of paladin and a 16 charisma having 30 points from his lay on hands ability maybe I could get a ruling that it in fact does. Also it says I cannot smite evil/detect evil/cure disease but I wonder about smiting good/detecting good/causing disease.

Urpriest
2014-06-16, 08:47 AM
That could work, the text doesn't say that lay on hands or the negative energy version in this case improves with bone knight levels as a paladins does, but upon looking at the sample level 10 character with 4 levels of paladin and a 16 charisma having 30 points from his lay on hands ability maybe I could get a ruling that it in fact does. Also it says I cannot smite evil/detect evil/cure disease but I wonder about smiting good/detecting good/causing disease.

Indeed, it doesn't say lay on hands keeps scaling, but the example does, so while RAW it doesn't many DMs will say it does. On the other hand, RAW you can still smite good/detect good/cause disease, but for similar reasons DMs might be likely to say you can't.

Starmage21
2014-06-16, 09:05 AM

Does it have to be undead? The Nightmare is pretty damned cool.