PDA

View Full Version : Lich Bone Knight

Yogibear41
2014-06-15, 11:00 PM
When A lich reforms after its destruction, I am under the assumption that it is essentially recreated with none of its former possessions, however in the case of the bone knight prestige classes the bone armor is fused to the characters body, I wonder if in this case the character would return still wearing his old armor since it is apart of him now?

RedMage125
2014-06-16, 12:24 AM
I suppose...if you could meet the requirements of Lich as a Bone Knight. That being, Caster level 11th (so wait until after taking paladin 5 to take Bone Knight, and pick up Craft Wonderous Item somewhere in there...

Since they do not specify which spells you need to be able to cast to become a lich, you could.

But as far as your Bonecraft Armor, I'd ask your DM, but my reading of the RAW says the answer is no. Exoskeleton of Undeath, the ability a Bone Knight gets at 8th level, does no say that your armor is now "naturally" a part of you. It says that the Bonecraft Armor you made has fused with you, and "may not be removed without killing you". To wit, if you are a Bone Knight Lich, and you are killed, the people who killed you can then loot your armor, as they have now met the prerequisite to remove it from you.

Alternately, since you are undead, and have already "died", you can probably remove the armor whenever you want as a Bone Knight Lich, lol.

Either way, the RAW answer is no. When your body reforms, you'll have to make a new set of Bonecraft Armor.