PDA

View Full Version : DM Help How to deal with a few dozen Godzillas in 3.5

Balor01
2014-06-16, 04:14 AM
Several dozen Godzillas got Gated into The World just before the end of Wizards War. Wizards and their empire got obliterated, but Godzillas remain. And no, they are not nice, monster-slaying and mainly-dormant creatures. They roam the world and wreck whatever they pass.

How could these monsters be dealt with (even by a good plot or emm, a foundation for possible Campaign) if the highest spell slot available in this World is 5(same rule for items. Stronger spells just dissipate harmlessly)? There are ways to travel to other worlds with normal 3.5 magic(even Sigil), but things are nerfed here.

thanks

If someone really wants Godzilla stats (http://www.tohokingdom.com/articles/d20/bios/godzilla.htm).

BWR
2014-06-16, 04:28 AM
They were gated in, gate them out.

ryu
2014-06-16, 04:31 AM
Have you considered a 1d2 crusader? Hit them with infinite damage?

With a box
2014-06-16, 04:36 AM
Damage of drain its wis
It will make them unconsience
And it don't have immunity

Porblem solve

thethird
2014-06-16, 04:40 AM
They don't seem capable of dealing with fliers, a warlock can just pew pew them from 210 feet above.

Balor01
2014-06-16, 04:44 AM
I seriously wish one could buy a spell that would slap posters' balls wherever he posts a retarded answer in a thread.

They were gated in, gate them out.
if the highest spell slot available in this World is 5

Have you considered a 1d2 crusader? Hit them with infinite damage?
AC: +64 (+30 Natural, +15 deflection, +16 divine (sacred), +1 Dex, -8 Size), touch +34, flat-footed +63
Tail slam +80 (4d8+22), 2 Claws +78 (2d6+11), Bite +78 (4d6+11)
Breath Weapon
Shockwave
Spiral Fire
Nuclear Pulse

Damage of drain its int 2
It will make them unconsience
And it don't have immunity
Porblem solve
l2fukken spell

Also:
Fort +51, Ref +37, Will +38
SR 77

Balor01
2014-06-16, 04:46 AM
They don't seem capable of dealing with fliers, a warlock can just pew pew them from 210 feet above.
Hmm?
SR 77, Fast healing 20

thethird
2014-06-16, 04:48 AM
Yeah, vitriolic blast bypasses SR, and you can make more than 20 damage per turn, so it will die eventually. It will be slow and totally unepic, but there is nothing the little bugger can do about it.

sleepyphoenixx
2014-06-16, 04:56 AM
It doesn't seem to have any DR so a bunch of halfway competent archers should be able to kill one without problems. It's slow enough to kite by any mounted or minimally buffed archer and hitting should be relatively easy with Fell Shot or something similar. Get them some teleport items to escape the death throes and you're done.

Even level 1 characters can defeat it if you get enough of them together and give them the Missile Volley teamwork benefit.

Vaz
2014-06-16, 05:02 AM
Whoever built Godzilla really, really cannot build D&D creatures. That things nowhere near near CR66 - I mean compare it to a Great Wyrm Prismatic Dragon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/dragonEpic.htm#prismaticDragon).

And I'm not being funny, but a CR66 opponent multiplied by "several dozen" requires pretty much DM level macguffins/artifacts. The game basically revolves around playing a normal game of D&D, hunting for the macguffin, but if you encounter Godzilla, does it see you? Can it get to you? If the answer to those is yes, roll new characters. If not, congratulations, you have won the campaign.

The only real way of countering them is either the aforementioned Warlock or Summon Undead IV; gets you a load of allips which drain its Wisdom into a coma. Anything else requires higher level magics.

Alternatively, If spells work fine on other locations, get a Cleric to Plane Shift you to Sigil, and pool wealth to gate them over to sigil, where they'll be killed by the high level wizards/lady of pain.

Balor01
2014-06-16, 05:41 AM
Yeah, vitriolic blast bypasses SR, and you can make more than 20 damage per turn, so it will die eventually. It will be slow and totally unepic, but there is nothing the little bugger can do about it.
Effective Spell level = 6. Can not be cast.

Balor01
2014-06-16, 05:44 AM
Whoever built Godzilla really, really cannot build D&D creatures. That things nowhere near near CR66 - I mean compare it to a Great Wyrm Prismatic Dragon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/dragonEpic.htm#prismaticDragon).

And I'm not being funny, but a CR66 opponent multiplied by "several dozen" requires pretty much DM level macguffins/artifacts. The game basically revolves around playing a normal game of D&D, hunting for the macguffin, but if you encounter Godzilla, does it see you? Can it get to you? If the answer to those is yes, roll new characters. If not, congratulations, you have won the campaign.

The only real way of countering them is either the aforementioned Warlock or Summon Undead IV; gets you a load of allips which drain its Wisdom into a coma. Anything else requires higher level magics.

Alternatively, If spells work fine on other locations, get a Cleric to Plane Shift you to Sigil, and pool wealth to gate them over to sigil, where they'll be killed by the high level wizards/lady of pain.

This guy gets it.

The game basically revolves around playing a normal game of D&D

Thats what I had in mind. But gating TO Sigil or any other plane is impossible. On The World, spell just dissipates.

I was thinking campaign could revolve around collecting parts for Magic amplyfier - something that could enable higher-level casting in a small area?

Also, this thing is indeed poorly built. Damn.

thethird
2014-06-16, 06:46 AM
Then just fly and pew pew it normally. It will die. Sooner or latter it will die. The thing has no way at all of dealing with fliers.

Otherwise, use summon undead IV (a 4th lvl spell) to summon allips and wisdom drain it to 0. Then put them and the allips in a pit, and gather the radioactivity for science.

Vaz
2014-06-16, 07:10 AM
There are ways to travel to other worlds with normal 3.5 magic(even Sigil), but things are nerfed here.
You misunderstood me. Plane Shift is a 5th level spell by a Cleric. Plane Shift the party over, then have the Sigilites gate the Godzillas over. Or, hell, you've actually left the world behind. You can now actually get to play in a more fun setting that doesn't have arbitrarily high CR opponents (I say that loosely, they might as well not have stats to prevent silly things like oversights from near enough unique abilities like the Allip's working) being ported in.

You're running on rails here - the players are probably better off finding off another DM if this is what it turns into.

JeminiZero
2014-06-16, 07:45 AM
Is Sleeping Raven Infinite Blood Frenzy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?241913) exploitation a go? It solves the problem of the d2 Crusader by having NI To-Hit to match NI To-Damage. All you have to do is figure out how to get close...

Does Radiation count as an Energy Type that Protection From Energy can shield against?

Edit: Also, he doesn't seem to have a way of spotting invisible creatures, so that can help deliver any "payload" we come up with.

hymer
2014-06-16, 08:38 AM
What are the Divine Qualities mentioned in Special Qualities?
I'm thinking a Soul Knife using Knife to the Soul and a natural 20 on his attack roll could deal the two points of int damage it takes to get Godzilla down (30' increments on throwing mind blades, so he could be 300' away when he does it - he will need natural 20 to hit anyway, unless the qualities I don't know what are include not getting automatically hit on a 20). Means of moving fast enough to stay at least 245 feet away from Godzilla is needed to keep him from attacking, and 140 hp is the expected damage dealt by the death throes, so enough HP is needed to survive doing this. Then it's CdG until you get him, maybe get a scythe-wielding, power-attacking rogue to help.
Did I miss anything?

Captnq
2014-06-16, 08:40 AM
Line up about 50 victims. Death Knell them to get +50 CL.

Layer on the DC buffs to necromancy until you are positive to succeed then magic jar into the guy.

Pretend you are in that old video game RAMPAGE!

???

Profit.

John Longarrow
2014-06-16, 09:04 AM
With minimum cheese...
Get a ghost spell caster with true strike.
Move adjacent (underneath).
Cast true strike. With even a moderate bonus to hit on a touch, your doing 1d4 to one ability. If you hit you've got a 75% chance of dropping its int to 0.

Then you can try and possess it....

atemu1234
2014-06-16, 09:19 AM
I seriously wish one could buy a spell that would slap posters' balls wherever he posts a retarded answer in a thread.

You're being awfully snarky for a guy who posted a thread asking for help. At either rate, you're asking us to deal with a GREATER DEITY WHO, EVEN WITHOUT HIS DIVINE RANKS WOULD PROBABLY STILL BE CR 66. Not only that, you're also asking us to deal with it with what, a level twelve sorcerer? Thanks but no thanks buddy, if your DM was willing to throw these at you, then he should be the one to get you out. Frankly, Allip cheese is the only solution. Otherwise, roll up new PCs.

Fable Wright
2014-06-16, 09:35 AM
Step 1: Get a level 11 Factotum.
Step 2: Have him prepare Ray of Stupidity for the day.
Step 3: He casts True Strike.
Step 4: His buddy Dimension Doors him into close range with the Godzilla before the Factotum's next turn. Factotum has surprise round.
Step 5: The Factotum use Cunning Breach to make his Ray of Stupidity SR: No. The factotum's got 28+dex+int to hit, so he can get past that 34 touch AC easy, and the minimum int damage from the ray is 2.
Step 6: Use method of choice to deal with unconscious Godzilla.
Step 7: Go to step 1 for the remaining Godzillas.

137beth
2014-06-16, 09:39 AM
It has no immunity to ability damage...
a bunch of 1st level wizards with wands of Ray of Stupidity can keep firing until one of them rolls a natural 20 to overcome SR. Bam, done.

JeminiZero
2014-06-16, 09:44 AM
What are the Divine Qualities mentioned in Special Qualities?
I'm going to guess its these (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineRanksAndPowers.htm), but I could be wrong.

Transmutation
A deity is immune to polymorphing, petrification, or any other attack that alters its form. Any shape-altering powers the deity might have work normally on itself.

Energy Drain, Ability Drain, Ability Damage
A deity is not subject to energy drain, ability drain, or ability damage.

Mind-Affecting Effects
A deity is immune to mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).

With a box
2014-06-16, 09:52 AM
I'm going to guess its these (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineRanksAndPowers.htm), but I could be wrong.

Then just flying wizards spam orb of force with wands (even better with rod of many wands)

thethird
2014-06-16, 09:55 AM

Since it doesn't have divine rank (not even divine rank 0) and they are not defined in its stat block I would say that it is not the case.

mostlyharmful
2014-06-16, 10:20 AM
wounding spell metamagiced magic missle. use a true strike and just keep pinging him until you roll a 20 on spell penetration. It'd take a few hits to overcome his natural healing but as long as you're flying you don't care.

Shining Wrath
2014-06-16, 10:36 AM

If you can overcome the fast healing, when he dies, so do you. Don't forget this:

Death Throes (Su): When killed, Godzilla glows red for a moment then explodes in a deadly burst of radiation, dealing 40d6 points of radiation damage to everything within five miles. Creatures within this region may make a Reflex saving throw (DC 57) for half damage. The special ability evasion and improved evasion do not work against this damage. This save is Constitution based.

Does your warlock have 40*3.5=140 hit points? I've never seen an item granting resistance to radiation. It takes some serious optimization to be able to hit from 5 miles out with either ranged or spell attacks of 5th level or less. A warlock 210 feet up is going to strike his final blow and be vaporized.

Shining Wrath
2014-06-16, 10:42 AM
It has no immunity to ability damage...
a bunch of 1st level wizards with wands of Ray of Stupidity can keep firing until one of them rolls a natural 20 to overcome SR. Bam, done.

If the DM plays SR that way. Spell Resistance is not armor class, and a natural 20 does not mean success per RAW:

Caster Level Checks

To make a caster level check, roll 1d20 and add your caster level (in the relevant class). If the result equals or exceeds the DC (or the spell resistance, in the case of caster level checks made for spell resistance), the check succeeds.

Note that no mention is made of automatic success on a 20. You need to have an effective caster level of 57 to have the slightest chance of overcoming Godzilla's SR.

dysprosium
2014-06-16, 10:42 AM
The monsters and "gods" statistics are all over the place in my opinion.

You might be better off making your own kaiju from either the kaiju template (Dragon 289) and/or from Pathfinder's Bestiary IV (which is a type of monster).

hymer
2014-06-16, 10:47 AM
@ JeminiZero: If you're right, that rules out my ability damage plan. Thanks!

Ray of Stupidity, for those who mention it, cannot reduce the stat below 1, so it won't make much difference. Edit: Misremembered from Touch of Idiocy.

To those suggesting warlock, the thing has Resistance 50 to all energy forms as well as Fast Healing 20, and for practical purposes unbeatable Spell Resistance. Pinging away at it won't work.

ryu
2014-06-16, 10:59 AM
Is Sleeping Raven Infinite Blood Frenzy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?241913) exploitation a go? It solves the problem of the d2 Crusader by having NI To-Hit to match NI To-Damage. All you have to do is figure out how to get close...

Does Radiation count as an Energy Type that Protection From Energy can shield against?

Edit: Also, he doesn't seem to have a way of spotting invisible creatures, so that can help deliver any "payload" we come up with.

Based on all that I'm thinking this is the best plan. Including invisibility of course.

atemu1234
2014-06-16, 11:00 AM
The monsters and "gods" statistics are all over the place in my opinion.

You might be better off making your own kaiju from either the kaiju template (Dragon 289) and/or from Pathfinder's Bestiary IV (which is a type of monster).

I'd say that the DM should do that. At least then you have something NOT immune to everything. The Kaiju template's probably the best bet. It's only moderately broken, especially on already big monsters.

Bakkan
2014-06-16, 11:07 AM
Ray of Stupidity, for those who mention it, cannot reduce the stat below 1, so it won't make much difference.

This is incorrect. Ray of stupidity has no clause disallowing reducing the target's Int to 0. I think DMofDarkness' plan is my favorite so far.

hymer
2014-06-16, 11:08 AM
Including invisibility of course.

That is indeed a problem, although invisibility is technically much the same as a +20 bonus and the ability to hide in plain sight. You can still get noticed if you get close and don't have something to add to your Hide skill.

Ray of stupidity has no clause disallowing reducing the target's Int to 0.

Right, sorry. I was thinking of Touch of Idiocy, my bad.

dysprosium
2014-06-16, 11:09 AM
For some reason I thought the OP was the DM.

And those templates could be better representations of kaiju. Otherwise they are more or less enormous hazards like avalanches or earthquakes that the PCs can really only avoid. If that is the case I would use Vaz's suggestion to plane shift the heck out of there.

Forrestfire
2014-06-16, 11:13 AM
My first thought is that a Cleric with Reserves of Strength and a DMM Persisted Consumptive Field could do it.

Get caster level up to 105 and he only succeeds on the save on a 20. Get a pair of friends, each with Dimension Door and one with a Barbs of Retribution. This makes the odds of not sending Godzilla home 1/400. The friend with the barbs readies a Dimension Door to teleport the party out if the Dismissal fails, and you repeat.

ryu
2014-06-16, 11:25 AM
That is indeed a problem, although invisibility is technically much the same as a +20 bonus and the ability to hide in plain sight. You can still get noticed if you get close and don't have something to add to your Hide skill.

Right, sorry. I was thinking of Touch of Idiocy, my bad.

What's godzilla's spot?

Vizzerdrix
2014-06-16, 11:31 AM
Does your warlock have 40*3.5=140 hit points? I've never seen an item granting resistance to radiation. It takes some serious optimization to be able to hit from 5 miles out with either ranged or spell attacks of 5th level or less. A warlock 210 feet up is going to strike his final blow and be vaporized.
The feat Craft Contingent Spell and teleport should get you out of the area.
If not, then we need to stack HP. Warding Gem nets you a flat 50 HP. Anyone have any others? We should assume the DM will roll high.

EDIT: I think Protection from Energy would be able to soak a bit of the radiation damage (The box at the bottom of Zilla's page calls it out as a new Energy type).
So with that and Warding Gem that takes care of 170 points of damage.

It also looks like the radiation subtype can get you around a few of his abilities. Savage Species has a ritual to obtain subtypes.

EDIT EDIT: 34 touch AC?! I'm calling shenanigans on this. Tell the GM to drop it or break his legs.

hymer
2014-06-16, 11:43 AM
What's godzilla's spot?

+37 (http://www.tohokingdom.com/articles/d20/bios/godzilla.htm). That's why I liked Soulknife, who have stealth class skills, so it shouldn't be a problem to overcome the equivalent of +17. At least until I realized that ability damage won't work on Godzilla.

Vortenger
2014-06-16, 11:50 AM
Factotum casts Shivering Touch with SR=no. Same effect as ray of stupidity for the most part, but with more panache.

Also, why on earth did you ask for help and then blast the people who attempted to answer you? Bad form, old boy.

ryu
2014-06-16, 11:57 AM
+37 (http://www.tohokingdom.com/articles/d20/bios/godzilla.htm). That's why I liked Soulknife, who have stealth class skills, so it shouldn't be a problem to overcome the equivalent of +17. At least until I realized that ability damage won't work on Godzilla.

Assuming we're allowed a level 20 character the +20 native bonus from invisibility renders that trivial to get going even if we're just using skill ranks. Also items to compensate if the thing is cross-class. Invisible approach just kinda works at this point.

hymer
2014-06-16, 12:02 PM
Assuming we're allowed a level 20 character the +20 native bonus from invisibility renders that trivial to get going even if we're just using skill ranks. Also items to compensate if the thing is cross-class. Invisible approach just kinda works at this point.

Indeed. Just so long as it is actually done (and level 20 is acceptable, which I expect, despite the spell level cap of 5).

Shining Wrath
2014-06-16, 12:08 PM
Factotum casts Shivering Touch with SR=no. Same effect as ray of stupidity for the most part, but with more panache.

Also, why on earth did you ask for help and then blast the people who attempted to answer you? Bad form, old boy.

Your assumption is that deity traits do not grant immunity to ability score damage / reduction. That may not be true per link supplied above. It's a DM ruling as to what the traits of a deity might be.

But per SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineRanksAndPowers.htm#immunities):
Immunities

Deities have the following immunities. Individual deities may have more immunities. Unless otherwise indicated, these immunities do not apply if the attacker is a deity of equal or higher rank.
Transmutation

A deity is immune to polymorphing, petrification, or any other attack that alters its form. Any shape-altering powers the deity might have work normally on itself.
Energy Drain, Ability Drain, Ability Damage

A deity is not subject to energy drain, ability drain, or ability damage.
Mind-Affecting Effects

A deity is immune to mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
Energy Immunity

Deities of rank 1 or higher are immune to electricity, cold, and acid, even if the attacker is a deity of higher divine rank. Some deities have additional energy immunities.

Deities of rank 1 or higher are immune to disease and poison, stunning, sleep, paralysis, and death effects, and disintegration.

Deities of rank 6 or higher are immune to effects that imprison or banish them. Such effects include banishment, binding, dimensional anchor, dismissal, imprisonment, repulsion, soul bind, temporal stasis, trap the soul, and turning and rebuking.

Per the link to Gozilla's stats, he is a Greater Deity so at least rank 16. This means he gets 20 free actions per round while performing actions within his portfolio.

In fact, the person who statted out Gozilla nerfed him: he should have a speed of 140.

There's also this:

Greater deities (rank 16-20) automatically get the best result possible on any check, saving throw, attack roll, or damage roll. Calculate success, failure, or other effects accordingly. When a greater deity makes a check, attack, or save assume a 20 was rolled and calculate success or failure from there. A d20 should still be rolled and used to check for a threat of a critical hit. This quality means that greater deities never need the Maximize Spell feat, because their spells have maximum effect already.

This means that Gozilla automatically saves if the DC is less than F:71, R: 57, W: 58.

It also means that his Spot check against your invisible attack is a constant 57.

hymer
2014-06-16, 12:14 PM
It also means that his Spot check against your invisible attack is a constant 57.

Whoah, forgot that. Good catch. Better than mine at least.

JeminiZero
2014-06-16, 12:22 PM
Note that invisibility (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#invisibility) says:

A creature can generally notice the presence of an active invisible creature within 30 feet with a DC 20 Spot check. The observer gains a hunch that “something’s there” but can’t see it or target it accurately with an attack.

So as long as you stay beyond 30 ft (which is also the range of scent), he should not notice you... yet.

A creature can use hearing to find an invisible creature. A character can make a Listen check for this purpose as a free action each round. A Listen check result at least equal to the invisible creature’s Move Silently check result reveals its presence. (A creature with no ranks in Move Silently makes a Move Silently check as a Dexterity check to which an armor check penalty applies.) A successful check lets a character hear an invisible creature “over there somewhere.” It’s practically impossible to pinpoint the location of an invisible creature. A Listen check that beats the DC by 20 pinpoints the invisible creature’s location.

You also need to be magically silenced.

ryu
2014-06-16, 12:27 PM
Note that invisibility (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#invisibility) says:

So as long as you stay beyond 30 ft (which is also the range of scent), he should not notice you... yet.

You also need to be magically silenced.

Are we assuming the starting point for that line is at a given creatures eyes? If so he can't bloody see us at his feet. Also distance penalties even if we were to wave the 30 foot restriction.

rg9000
2014-06-16, 12:30 PM
Has nobody said to have the Godzillas fighting each other?

Vizzerdrix
2014-06-16, 12:35 PM

I bet we could find a way to do it with a handle animal check. The thing is stupid enough.

Divine Qualities but no divine rank? Not sure how to handle that.

Shining Wrath
2014-06-16, 12:36 PM
Are we assuming the starting point for that line is at a given creatures eyes? If so he can't bloody see us at his feet. Also distance penalties even if we were to wave the 30 foot restriction.

RAW, which by definition are silly-willy-padilly :smallbiggrin: make no mention of sensory organs, so he can hear you with his feet.

I bet we could find a way to do it with a handle animal check. The thing is stupid enough.

I guess that depends on whether or not your DM rules Handle Animal as falling under these (SRD):

Any use of Handle Animal that results in Big G fighting Big G' might be construed as a mind-affecting usage.

ryu
2014-06-16, 12:49 PM
RAW, which by definition are silly-willy-padilly :smallbiggrin: make no mention of sensory organs, so he can hear you with his feet.

I guess that depends on whether or not your DM rules Handle Animal as falling under these (SRD):

Any use of Handle Animal that results in Big G fighting Big G' might be construed as a mind-affecting usage.

Why? Do they have any particular allegiance to each other? Considering the kinda things that happen with high predator animals in nature I'm surprised we'd even need handle animal to make it happen.

John Longarrow
2014-06-16, 01:14 PM
OK, new best solution as this whole thread tends to be rather... silly.

Fire the DM, get a new one, and play some classinc D&D. B-)

JeminiZero
2014-06-16, 01:28 PM
Rough plan using Sleeping Raven Infinite Blood Frenzy:

The Scout
Binder who can bind Malphas. We use the disposable Ravens that he summons to search for Godzillas.

The Wizard
Level 10 Wizard with Martial Study Sudden Leap/Martial Stance Blood in the Water. OR 1 Warblade / X Wizard / Y JPM Gish of some sort. Basically this guy needs level 5 Arcane spells and Blood in the Water. Prepared Spells:
*Quick Potion (Spell Compendium, store spells as potions)
*Invisibility
*Haste
*Fly
*Evacuation Rune (Complete Scoundrel, teleport to rune as swift action) x2
*Celerity + Teleport OR Craft Contingent Item-Teleport

The Cleric
At least level 3. Prepared spells:
*Benediction
*Silence

The Blood Feeder
Either a(nother) Binder who can bind Malphas, for infinite Ravens. Or a Chicken Infested Commoner.

The Setup
At the start of the day, the Wizard stores Haste in a Quick Potion. The Wizard also casts a first Evacuation Rune and gives it the Scout Raven (maybe on a piece of string which he ties to the Raven's feet). He casts a second evacuation rune and leaves it at the home base.

The Day Passes By
The Scout Raven will fly out into the world and search for a Godzilla. At all times he will keep at least 300 ft above the ground, to keep out of range of Godzilla. The Wizard works with the Blood Feeder, and performs mass Coup De Grace on helpless Avians. This is basically building up the Infinite Blood Frenzy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?241913) exploit.

Godzilla sighted!
Upon seeing Godzilla, the Binder who controls the Raven knows, and will inform the Wizard. All this while, the Wizard has been slaughtering avians, so he should be whipped up into a real frenzy right now. The Wizard pauses his killing to perform the following steps at the specified rounds (because Frenzy only lasts 1 minute after last critical hit, timing is important):
Round -1: Wizard casts Fly on himself, Cleric casts Benediction on the Wizard.
Round 0: Wizard CdGs another Bird (keep frenzy going)
Round 1: Wizard cast invisibility on himself
Round 2: Cleric casts Silence on Wizard. Then Wizard uses swift action to trigger the Evacuation Rune held by the Scout Raven and teleports there (nothing in the description of the spell suggests that the swift action requires you to speak, so this should work)
Round 3: Wizard drinks potion of Haste
Round 4-5: Fly until he is 60 ft above Godzilla. With his 90 ft flight speed (Fly + Haste), he can cover 360 ft in 2 rounds, so this should be more than enough.

The Wizard ends his round 60 ft above, so that in case Godzilla uses Nuclear Pulse, he will be safely out of range. The Wizard teleported in silenced and invisible, and so Godzilla has no clue he is there.

Round 7: The Wizard charges Godzilla. Given his Frenzied state, he will only miss on a natural 1. He has Benediction, so he can burn that to roll twice and take the better of the two. So he has a 1/400 chance of missing entirely. If he DOES miss entirely, he spends his Swift Action triggering his 2nd Evacuation Rune and returning safely to Home Base, and our team can try again tomorrow. If he hits, Godzilla dies.

Surviving Death Throes
Here is the tricky part. The description says that "When killed, Godzilla glows red for a moment then explodes in a deadly burst of radiation". If that "moment" is long enough, the Wizard can trigger his swift action and teleport home. If not, then he could try and burn Celerity for an immediate action Teleport. If THAT won't work either, then the last resort is to Craft Contingent Item-Teleport, and set it to bring him home just before Death Throes explodes in his face.

Vizzerdrix
2014-06-16, 01:37 PM
If someone can find a way for a wizard to hit with 168 ranged attacks per round I may be able to kill almost 2 godzillas (godzilli?)per round with launch bolt, I think. If you can get a ton of feats on a sorc, I could find a way to survive it too.

Immabozo
2014-06-16, 01:45 PM
Planar Sheppard's planar bubble any plane that allows full casting. Problem solved

thethird
2014-06-16, 05:45 PM
If you can overcome the fast healing, when he dies, so do you. Don't forget this:

That is a rather confrontational tone... but sure, I should kill godzillas for fun and profit.

Let's go with Human Human paragon 1, Cloistered Cleric 1 (Knowledge, Planning, Elf), Ranger 2, Soulknife 2, Soulbow 3, Shiba Protector 1, Chameleon 10

Feats are:
Lvl 1 (HP): Combat Expertise, Able Learner
Lvl 2 (CC): Knowledge Devotion, Extend Spell, Point Blank Shot
Lvl 3 (R): Track, persistent Spell
Lvl 4 (R): Rapid Shot
Lvl 5 (SK): Weapon Focus (Mindblade), Hidden Talent (Chameleon)
Lvl 6 (SK): Quicken Spell
Lvl 7 (SB): Precise Shot
Lvl 8 (SB): -
Lvl 9 (SB): Zen Archery
Lvl 10 (SP): -
Lvl 11 (Cham): -
Lvl 12 (Cham): Extra spell (any spell needed for the spellbook) once the spells are covered switch it to Far Shot, Practiced Spellcaster (Chameleon)
Lvl 13 (Cham): -
Lvl 14 (Cham): -
Lvl 15 (Cham): Mindsight
Lvl 16 (Cham): -
Lvl 17 (Cham): -
Lvl 18 (Cham): Practiced Spellcaster (Chameleon)
Lvl 19 (Cham): -
Lvl 20 (Cham): -

Use Otyugh hole to gain iron will, Use a phylactery of change to assume the form of a spell weaver (monster manual 2), you need to do this before 15th level. You know have 6 arms and telepathy - mindsight = to 1000 miles i.e. there is no way that those tarrasques are going to sneak on you.
Use Metamagic Storm to gain Sanctum Spell

Once that, cast Unfettered Heroism (5th lvl spell; races of Eberron) preferably from a schema, once that is cast cast it again but use the temporary action point (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/adventuring/actionPoints.htm) to cast it again but persisting it.

Then buff your caster level and persist the following buffs:
Guided Shot (Ignore penalties of distance)
Owl's insight (Insight increase to wisdom, at least +10)
Hawkeye (Increase range increments by 50%)
Find the gap (First attack each round is touch)
Critcal Strike (+1d6 damage, double threat range, +4 to confirm)
Blessed Aim (+2 to ranged attack rolls)
Greater Blink (As blink, ignore penalties, ready an action to transfer to the ethereal plane)
Sanctum Eyes of the Oracle (Ready an extra action)
Visage of the deity (several stat bonuses)
Divine Power (Increase in bab)
Any method of fly you like

Mindsight and guided shot mean that you can fire anywhere you want without penalty. You have a 20 bab (+2 twice your wisdom), this attack is touch (you miss on a one). All your mind arrows are lucky so you can reroll their attack rolls i.e. you miss 1/400) The damage is 1d8 + twice your wisdom. Your wisdom mod is probably in the 20s, so you should be doing 40 damage per round plus weapon damage plus miscellany enchantments. More damage is to be made if the other hits also hit, (those are also lucky). Your range is much higher than that all the attacks of the godzilla, even if it jumps. Use eyes of the oracle to ready an action to greater blink to the ethereal plane if the godzilla turns red before it explodes.

Summing up, just pew pew the damn thing.

DustyBottoms
2014-06-16, 07:23 PM
To those suggesting warlock, the thing has Resistance 50 to all energy forms as well as Fast Healing 20, and for practical purposes unbeatable Spell Resistance. Pinging away at it won't work.

Hellfire warlock? Non-resistable damage, plus more of it. Dip binder for the Naberius ability damage regen and avoid the inevitable Strongheart Vest discussion. Continue with pew-pew. Still doesn't help you with the whole not-dying to the death throes, however.

D4rkh0rus
2014-06-16, 07:30 PM
Is it just me, or has nobody mention an ubercharger, or in this case, an uberdiver?

Raptoran Barbarian 1/something4/stormtalon 7/blackblood cultist/etc

dive down with the full Shocktrooper line for an average of 2500 damage per full attack... unless theres like a whole herd of godzillas (he, he, he) bunched up toghether.... this would kill the one.... since it doesnt even have damage reduction.

All thats needed are like the +4 to stat items, battle charge boots or something liek that and the valorous enchantment.

Wraithstrike, a cheap easily applied spell, makes all this piercing agony into touch attacks.

The high con, high Hp die classes make this capable of surviving the lethal explosion.

Anthrowhale
2014-06-16, 08:55 PM
The wounding spell approach seems like the way to go. Use the following:

Human Wizard 9 with Int 20

1. Empower Spell
Human. Wounding Spell
3. Easy Metamagic [Wounding]
5 Wizard. Twin Spell
6. Arcane Thesis[Hail of Stone]
9. Easy Metamagic [Twin Spell]

So, a Easy Wounding Easy Twin Hail of Stone (EWETHoS) uses a 2nd level spell slot. This drops 2 SR:No Save:No Wounding Hail of Stones on Godzilla inflicting about 25 damage + 2 points of damage per round until Godzilla makes a DC 16 heal check, or receives a cure or heal spell.

Step 1. Cast flight of the dragon with an L5 slot
Step 2. Approach to 205' above. Godzilla can't damage you except via Death Throes.
Step 3. Target Godzilla with 10x EWETHoS using the 210' range to reach Godzilla from 5x L2 + 4x L3 slots + an L4 slot. At this point, Godzilla effectively has Fast Heal 0.
Step 4. Target Gozilla with EWHoS from an L1 slot. Godzilla now has fast heal -1.
Step 5. Fly 15 miles away over the next hour.
Step 6. Wait ~2 hours for the Kaboom.

hymer
2014-06-17, 01:31 AM
Hellfire warlock? Non-resistable damage, plus more of it.

I have no reason to think that Spell Resistance does not apply against Hellfire Blasts. Vitriolic Blast is the way to get past SR, and it mentions it specifically in its text, which Hellfire does not. But of course, Vitriol deals acid damage, which Gz has 50 points of resistance against.

Step 2. Approach to 205' above. Godzilla can't damage you except via Death Throes.

Jumping the height of your waist is DC 10 Jump (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/jump.htm). Gz takes up a 20' space and is described as 'vaguely humanoid' and 160' long. He could be able to jump 10' and breathe on you. I'd suggest keeping some extra distance to be on the safe side, or being invisible (at 200' that's -20 to his Spot, so you should be able to do something with that, though he does get DC 57 on Spot). Gz reaches DC 47 on jump checks.

GoodbyeSoberDay
2014-06-17, 01:54 AM
A sorcerer using the sanctum arcane fusion trick with Lesser Orb of Force as the level 1 spell would work. At that point you just find a way to GTFO before he goes boom.

Arbane
2014-06-17, 05:10 AM

My suggestion was going to be 'find a way to summon Mothra (or, if you're REALLY desperate, King Ghidorah)', but that would also work.

If you have one kaiju, you have a big problem. If you have two or more kaiju, they (also) have a big problem.
Godzilla is notoriously territorial, which is why he's often the 'good guy' in his movies - nobody gets to level Tokyo but HIM, dammit.

Anthrowhale
2014-06-17, 06:23 AM
Jumping the height of your waist is DC 10 Jump (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/jump.htm). Gz takes up a 20' space and is described as 'vaguely humanoid' and 160' long. He could be able to jump 10' and breathe on you. I'd suggest keeping some extra distance to be on the safe side, or being invisible (at 200' that's -20 to his Spot, so you should be able to do something with that, though he does get DC 57 on Spot). Gz reaches DC 47 on jump checks.

I believe you need some sort of breath-on-the-run feat to do this. Otherwise Godzilla must take a standard action either before or after a move action.

hymer
2014-06-17, 06:39 AM
@ Anthrowhale: It's definitely iffy, but I could easily imagine the DM allowing/doing it. It's not beyond the spirit of the Jump skill to use it in battle to attack someone you otherwise could not reach, even if the DC to do so must be extrapolated from the existing ones.

Anthrowhale
2014-06-17, 07:18 AM
You might require a level 10 wizard with enlarge spell to deal with jump breathing Godzillas. In general, I believe the strategy works for all reasonable rules interpretations, and perhaps even some unreasonable ones as well.

John Longarrow
2014-06-17, 07:19 AM
OK, I'm surprised. No one has mentioned the bag of baleful polymorphed whales/kittens.

Turn enough whales into kittens, put in bag.
Over big G, put bag of kittens into bag of holding.
Kittens suffocate. Turn back into whales. Fall on godzilla.

1d6 per 100lbs with a BUNCH of multi-ton object. Say 30d6 per whale.
Next question is how many kittens (or hampsters, there smaller) can you get into a bag of holding.

Even if you can only get 50 5 ton whales, that is still more D6 damage than GZ has.

hymer
2014-06-17, 07:23 AM
Kittens suffocate. Turn back into whales.

What makes you think creatures balefully polymorphed unbale upon dying?

Vaz
2014-06-17, 07:38 AM
You can just dispel it.

John Longarrow
2014-06-17, 08:31 AM

Becaues I'd dispell the polymorph?

After all, it would be just cruel to turn them back while alive. I'd also feel obliged to drop a potted pateuna along with the whales.

Shining Wrath
2014-06-17, 08:49 AM
Becaues I'd dispell the polymorph?

After all, it would be just cruel to turn them back while alive. I'd also feel obliged to drop a potted pateuna along with the whales.

Here we go again.

prufock
2014-06-17, 09:01 AM
Overcoming SR and saves should be easy enough. Cooperative Spell metamagic feat allows for arbitrarily high CL checks and save DCs, right? Soooooo arbitrarily high save DC an illusion (non-mind affecting) of something Godzillas hate (like another kaiju) to make the Godzillas fight each other. I don't think they have true seeing, from the stat block. Or any save or die or save or lose (Magic Jar for the fun factor), presumably, though deity traits might grant them various immunities.

Effective Spell level = 6. Can not be cast.
Invisible Spell feat + Metamagic School Focus feat can get you level 6 spells in a level 5 slot 3x per day, if I read it right. Depending on your interpretation of casters with automatic spell lists (warmage, beguiler, dread necro), you can arguably get level 7 spells by spending 2 level 5 slots with Versatile Spellcaster. Disintegrate (level 6) with arbitrarily high caster level is 40d6, average 140 damage per, times 3 = 420 damage. Cooperative spell trick to ignore SR and saves, one wizard teleports in a team of wizards, they proceed to disintegrate it down to 1 hp (can't "alter its form" per deity immunities), then magic missile it to death.

Am I missing something from the monster stat block?

EDIT: Oh, adding Forceful Magic feat can get you 7th level spells in a 5th level slot 1x per day. Sooooo, Simulacrums? Sure they are weaker, but make enough of them and it could be effective. Needs CL-boosting shenanigans, of course, so getting it that high might be a challenge.

avr
2014-06-17, 10:31 AM
Get a greater shadow, some distance from the zilla. Command the shadow via spell or evil cleric.

Have the shadow attack the zilla from underground using spring attack. Natural 20s will hit regardless, and solid ground has ridiculous hp even by the standards of this things damage. Eventually the zilla will drop.

Get the shadow back and teleport to a safe distance, leaving a summoned monster behind to coup de grace the zilla.

Rinse and repeat.

John Longarrow
2014-06-17, 11:14 AM
Here we go again.

Only works it the given Zilla is named Dent...
Arthur Dent.

rg9000
2014-06-17, 12:37 PM
Only on a thursday....

Immabozo
2014-06-17, 12:47 PM

doesn't the spell say it does?

hymer
2014-06-17, 01:44 PM
Have the shadow attack the zilla from underground using spring attack.

Gz can ready actions to kill the thing, but more importantly is immune to ability damage due to godhood.

doesn't [baleful polymorph] say [a target returns to original form upon death]

No (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/balefulPolymorph.htm).

bekeleven
2014-06-17, 03:12 PM
You're being awfully snarky for a guy who posted a thread asking for help. At either rate, you're asking us to deal with a GREATER DEITY WHO, EVEN WITHOUT HIS DIVINE RANKS WOULD PROBABLY STILL BE CR 66. Not only that, you're also asking us to deal with it with what, a level twelve sorcerer? Thanks but no thanks buddy, if your DM was willing to throw these at you, then he should be the one to get you out. Frankly, Allip cheese is the only solution. Otherwise, roll up new PCs.
Also, his suggestion (that we were too dumb to think of, natch) is "I'll just use macguffin X, which breaks the rules I've laid out as being absolute and everyone else is trying to work around. DUH."

John Longarrow
2014-06-17, 03:34 PM
bekeleven

Kinda like "Need to shoot an arrow of pure unobtanium into the beasts heart. Unobtanium is only found in the Macguffin hills. It may also be forged into the strongest of plot armors."

GoodbyeSoberDay
2014-06-17, 06:26 PM
Tippy is of the opinion that magical effects remain even after the original target no longer qualifies for the effect. He uses this to break the game in many additional ways. So, if you're going to argue that baleful polymorph (which only works on creatures, not objects, when you select the target) doesn't break after death, then you can break the game in said ways. More ways to kill godzilla, I suppose.

atemu1234
2014-06-17, 08:24 PM
Also, his suggestion (that we were too dumb to think of, natch) is "I'll just use macguffin X, which breaks the rules I've laid out as being absolute and everyone else is trying to work around. DUH."

Basically if you're not the DM, the DM obviously has a plan in this scenario. I wouldn't ever even consider pitting my PCs against God-freaking-Zilla, unless I came up for a way they could do it without becoming a red stain in the earth.

Immabozo
2014-06-17, 08:36 PM
Again, Planar Sheppard's planar bubble will make the higher-than-5th-level spells work on the Prime Material. Then no SR, no save, just suck spells of a high level will work fantastically.

Since gate was used to bring them to the Prime Material, perhaps a banishment type spell

Alex12
2014-06-17, 09:24 PM
Okay, so here's what you do.
First, be a fifth-level Necropolitan Wizard, and get enough depravity that you count for moderate depravity. Your basic undead Cha taint should be enough to do this. Go Tainted Scholar and level up some, cranking up your Corruption, and thus your Save DCs, as high as possible (you can do this by obtaining access to a Taint Elemental and playing patty-cake with it). You can also increase your depravity score by casting spells, which means you get NI spells quite easily.

Now you just need to find 5th-level or lower spells that'll work on old godzilla. You have to assume any attack roll you make on him will miss (though if it's got a range of more than, say 250 feet, you could keep spamming it with your NI spells per day while you fly outside his reach until you eventually roll a 20), and any spell allowing SR will be resisted. I'll leave finding an appropriate save-or-die Wizard spell with SR:No to the hivemind. As for escaping, well, there's this great little fifth-level spell from Cityscape called Evacuation Rune, which lets you place the rune, then sometime within the next 24 hours, teleport (as if using Greater Teleport) back to the rune as a swift action, which should be fast enough to avoid the detonation as long as it's more than 50 miles away, and with NI spells, there's no reason you can't find Godzilla, Teleport a few hundred miles away, place the rune, then Teleport back.

Vortenger
2014-06-17, 10:15 PM
Gz can ready actions to kill the thing, but more importantly is immune to ability damage due to godhood.

Godzilla can ready an action but doesn't because he lacks cognitive reasoning. Int 2 is a killer.

The lack of a divine rank of even 0 seriously throws the ability damage immunity into contention. In fact, its been contended several times already.

hymer
2014-06-18, 02:53 AM
Godzilla can ready an action but doesn't because he lacks cognitive reasoning. Int 2 is a killer.

Think of cats in front of a mouse hole. They have int 2. Or a dog sitting still waiting for a fly to come into biting range and angle and then snapping at it. I believe you underestimate the capability of int 2.
Edit: Started a thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?357437-The-meaning-of-Int-2) on this.

The lack of a divine rank of even 0 seriously throws the ability damage immunity into contention. In fact, its been contended several times already.

I must have missed where it was challenged, unless you count the times people suggest ability damage. How do you interpret the 'Divine Qualities' then?

With a box
2014-06-18, 06:03 AM
He just poof because it dosen't have worshipper to manetain its godhood

OracleofWuffing
2014-06-18, 06:41 AM
He just poof because it dosen't have worshipper to manetain its godhood
Nah, the page has fluff saying there are worshippers, and worshipper-based deitiness is only one way of godhood.

Though, if Godzilla is a deity and gets everything under "Divine Qualities" because its statblock says "Divine Qualities," I believe its hit points are off and should be 1,728. And its visions should go out to 16+ miles, not 120 feet. Oh, and its AC's Deflection bonus should be a smidgen higher, too.

John Longarrow
2014-06-18, 06:52 AM
Quickest way to get rid of him with limited prep - Bag of Holding/Portible Hole bomb.

Gorfnod
2014-06-18, 08:45 AM
"Let Them Fight" - Ken Watanabe

D4rkh0rus
2014-06-18, 11:46 AM
Isn't the locate city bomb a 4th lvl spell?

bekeleven
2014-06-18, 02:24 PM
Isn't the locate city bomb a 4th lvl spell?

Locate City bomb doesn't work. The spell is the wrong shape.

Immabozo
2014-06-18, 02:33 PM
Locate City bomb doesn't work. The spell is the wrong shape.

wait, what? Dafaq did I just read?

bekeleven
2014-06-18, 02:51 PM
wait, what? Dafaq did I just read?

Area: 10 miles/level radius circle, centered on you

Explosive Spell can be applied only to spells that allow Reflex saves and affect an area (a cone, cylinder, line, or burst).

QED - doesn't work. Except in FLATLAND!

Vaz
2014-06-18, 02:59 PM
Explosive Spell doesn't work, but Flash Frost + Fell Drain causes hilarity with commoners.

Immabozo
2014-06-18, 03:19 PM
QED - doesn't work. Except in FLATLAND!

10 miles/level is an area, although it is not in the listed examples, so, ehhh

But it undeniably does not grant a reflex save

Why has this thread ignored my suggestion of casting 9th level spells inside a planar shepard's planar bubble, which grants the aspects of that other plane, namely, in this case, the ability for high level magic to work.

the highest spell slot available in this World is 5(same rule for items. Stronger spells just dissipate harmlessly)? There are ways to travel to other worlds with normal 3.5 magic(even Sigil), but things are nerfed here.

So just make it a planar shepard whose chosen plane is not one of the nerfed ones? (ie, any plane other than the prime material)

facelessminion
2014-06-18, 04:05 PM
Here's the real question, and potentially answer, to dealing with a bunch of Godzillas:

Just which Godzilla are they?

If it is from the more modern, American series, then they will be a bit easier to defeat, and some of the previous warlock-spamming advice can work out. If they are from the older Japanese stuff, then just have everyone stand the hell back and wait until they all duke it out to decide which one is the true King of the Monsters. Then, when the last one stands supreme, just watch as it slowly sinks back into the ocean.

Sure, there will be some property damage, but not any more than a smidgen of loss of life. :p

Azraile
2014-06-18, 04:05 PM
How about a very rich artifact with suicide golems lol

Send a whole group in, one explodes covering everything in sticky spidery web / slime cube type stuff that stops there moneverablity...... the other two light exsposives in there body, and drop down putting up anti magic fields

(a CL 5 artifacer can inbune CL 7 spells)

Alex12
2014-06-18, 05:25 PM
Okay, got it.
Be a Necropolitan Wizard/Tainted Scholar that has access to fifth-level spell slots. Feats you'll need: Violate Spell (from BoVD), either Arcane Thesis (Stone Storm) or Practical Metamagic (Violate Spell). You'll have some feats left over to play with.
Spells you'll need: Stone Storm (from Secrets of Sarlona), Overland Flight or Fly, Teleport, Evacuation Rune (from Complete Scoundrel)

Stone Storm is a fifth-level Long range, Save:No, SR:No, and deals 3d6 bludgeoning and 3d6 slashing damage in an area, which are subject to DR, though they count as magic for purposes of DR. Godzilla hasn't got DR. Violate Spell makes it so half that damage is Vile damage, which cannot be healed except by healing magic performed on consecrated ground, which I must assume Godzilla hasn't got. Arcane Thesis or Practical Metamagic keep the spell a fifth-level spell even after Violate Spell.

Now all you have to do is set up a few Evacuation Runes in assorted safe places, preferably at least 100 miles from Godzilla, cast your flight spell, teleport out to about 250-300 feet above Godzilla's head. He won't be able to hit you there, but you can hit him with Violate Spell Stone Rain as long as you've got 5th-level spell slots with that spell prepared in them, which shouldn't be a problem, since you've got functionally infinite of those. Each casting deals 3d6 Vile damage to Godzilla, which fast healing doesn't fix, so you'll wear him down. When he starts glowing red, use a swift action to GTFO back to your Evacuation Rune

And that's how a ninth-level character can kill Godzilla.

Immabozo
2014-06-18, 05:49 PM
Create a black hole. We have the technology to make it.

Gemini476
2014-06-18, 08:32 PM
Alright, here we go. Venerable Illumian Truenamer 15/Cancer Mage 1. This is a completely serious build.

1: Skill Focus(Truenaming)
3: Toughness
6: Great Fortitude
9: Poison Immunity
12: Extend Utterance
15: Quicken Utterance

+19 skill ranks
+5 Intelligence (18 base +2 levels)
+5 Universal Aptitude
+2 Naen power sigil
+10 Paragnostic Assembly
+10 Greater Amulet of the Silver Tongue
+3 Skill Focus
+2 Masterwork Item

Total bonus to Truespeak checks: +56
DC to target self: 45 (Extend is +5, Quicken is +20)

Universal Aptitude (Lexicon of the Evolved Mind 1)
Greater Energy Negation (Lexicon of the Evolved Mind 5)
GreaterSeek the Sky (Lexicon of the Evolved Mind 5)

Get afflicted with Festering Anger and Vile Rigidity. Wait around for... ninety five days, I guess, if you want to just be relatively unhittable. Even if he's a greater deity he still needs to roll to check for critical hits, which are the only thing that will let him hit you. Each day also gets you +1 damage, so maybe wait a bit longer than that - being angry for four years should get you enough damage to OHKO Gojira. You don't need to wait that long, of course - 95 days already gives you enough damage to overcome the fast healing.
You really want to be able to kill it within ten turns, though. That's pretty important.

So here's the battle plan: First of all, you Speak and Extended Greater Energy Negation on yourself to make yourself immune to all radiation damage for 10 turns.
Next up, you run towards Godzilla whilst screaming like the angry thick-skinned madman you are. You can mostly ignore AoOs since he only hits you on crits, but try to cast some Quickened Potent Word of Nurturing with your swift action each turn so that you maybe get some Fast Healing 10 up if you're lucky.
Since Godzilla only has a 5% chance of hitting you through your thick, disease-ridden skin and you are immune to radiation, the only attacks he has that have a chance of hurting you are Nuclear Pulse for 1d8d6 damage (av. 15,75), Spiral Fire for the 10d6 force damage (av. 40), and Trample for 4d12+9 damage (av. 35).

The optimal strategy, for Godzilla, is Spiral Fire->Nuclear Pulse->Trample until one is off of cooldown->repeat. The optimal strategy for the Truenamer is to charge 240' with his perfect flight and do crazy amounts of damage with a melee attack. And then Full Attack with three attacks (four, if you have Haste or Greater Speed of the Zephyr up).

Since you are probably only going to be adjacent every second turn or so due to Nuclear Pulse, you get roundabout 2 attacks/turn. You have ten turns to do it before you are vulnerable to radiation damage again, so that's something like 80 damage/attack I think. You want to do a lot of damage, anyway. The quicker Big G goes down the better, since your buffs all run on a very short timer. Also, you just have 9+15d6+Con HP, which is pretty bad in face of the punishment you're going to take. 35 damage/turn is almost half your HP! Kill the big guy as quickly as you can.

OracleofWuffing
2014-06-18, 09:31 PM
Stone Storm is a fifth-level Long range, Save:No, SR:No, and deals 3d6 bludgeoning and 3d6 slashing damage in an area, which are subject to DR, though they count as magic for purposes of DR. Godzilla hasn't got DR.
Pending the ruling on what is meant by "Divine Qualities" and whether or not "Greater God" means the same thing as "Greater Deity" combined with the absence of Divine Ranks, there's this unclear gap where Godzilla may have DR 30/Epic. Actually, y'know what, here's an idea, can text trumps table be invoked and settle all that? I know the text doesn't specifically disagree with the table, and it isn't official material so it probably doesn't even apply even if it did, but when the table contains information that the text doesn't, it's silly and makes things simpler and easier.

And if we can't do that, are we at least allowed to make builds that have a similar amount of errors in them? I can't find a regular Deity listing where "Divine Qualities" is listed as a Special Quality.

Maybe just get a couple thousand of these guys (http://www.tohokingdom.com/articles/d20/bios/king_ghidorah.htm) through the same method you got the godzillas, and call it a day.

What King Ghidorah lacks from formal worship, he makes up for in formal worship.
:smallconfused: I'm beginning to think I did the right thing not reading these books.

Phelix-Mu
2014-06-18, 10:03 PM
I wish a plan using green slime or brown mold would work, but those Divine Qualities are killer. I'm thinking that if a DM tosses a bunch of quasi-deities at a setting that is limited to 5th level spells and lower, then the DM should expect the kind of Armageddon-type solutions that really don't fix anything.

So, my current plan: destroy the planet and laugh as Big G floats impotently through the Void.

Speaking of which. Does it need to breathe?

Lord of Kor
2014-06-18, 10:10 PM
Is it really necessary to kill the Godzillas? If there are ways to access other planes/subplanes, why not just leave them be and find a world somewhere else?

ryu
2014-06-18, 10:14 PM
I wish a plan using green slime or brown mold would work, but those Divine Qualities are killer. I'm thinking that if a DM tosses a bunch of quasi-deities at a setting that is limited to 5th level spells and lower, then the DM should expect the kind of Armageddon-type solutions that really don't fix anything.

So, my current plan: destroy the planet and laugh as Big G floats impotently through the Void.

Speaking of which. Does it need to breathe?

Nope. He doesn't have to breath. Still a fun idea though.

Phelix-Mu
2014-06-18, 10:15 PM
Nope. He doesn't have to breath. Still a fun idea though.

Well, it won't kill him, and having destroyed the planet, we saved everyone from being killed by Godzilla. Sounds like conditions for "defeating a challenge." XP PLEASE! *gimme gesture*

Seer_of_Heart
2014-06-18, 11:26 PM
Assuming you have NI resources in terms of gold

Slightly modified version of a trick I've seen before

1. Go to sigil
2. Either cast shape change yourself or hire someone to cast it on you or buy a scroll
3. Either get an incantatrix to extend and persist it or make sure shape change is extended and persisted to begin with
4. Change into a shambling mound
5. Gain immunity to daze
6. Cast suffer the flesh modified with reserves of strength
7. cast manyjaws adjusted to electric damage
8. Get two spellguards of silverymoon to cast mage's lubrication on you to recover suffer the flesh and manyjaws
9. Repeat until can't afford mage's lubrication
10. Extend and persist last suffer the flesh before shape change expires
11. Cast any damaging spell+reserves of strength to uncap it
12. ????
13. Dead kaiju (profit)

Grod_The_Giant
2014-06-19, 12:04 AM
The first thing that comes to mind (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXaaAqQK8Lg&t=2m10s).

Sorry, I've got nothing productive to contribute. You'll either need flying-DMG-provoking levels of cheese, or you'll need to follow the DM's plot.

bekeleven
2014-06-19, 05:10 AM
How about a very rich artifact with suicide golems lolA golem carrying an explosive runes pack? Could work, assuming mindless creatures can be ordered to "read."

Alternatively, use the unseen servant / Dispel check / Evacuation Rune to deliver your payload. Should get through all of Godzilla's damage resistance, as an explosive runes pack can be considered "nuclear."

Vaz
2014-06-19, 05:21 AM
Use Sandshaper to create walls of Sand blocking Line of Effect for Radiation 5 minutes before you thought of using them?

Nightraiderx
2014-06-19, 08:22 AM
I would nuke it. Let's see I would use orb of fire with SR:NO
Spelltheif 1/Warmage 1/Wizard 3/ Ultimate Magus 10/Warmage (Prc) 5

Master Spellthief to pile up your Caster levels.
Warmage so you have some damage per die.

CL of... oh idk 31.
Probably can make that higher using items.

List of metamagic that would be useful *essential
Arcane Thesis (Orb of Fire) *
Iron Will (bought from Ogytugh pit for 2K) *
Reserves of Strength *
Fiery Spell (free +1 damage per die)
Searing Spell (half damage immunity) *
Twin Spell
Repeat Spell
Empower Spell
Maximize Spell
Quicken Spell (Buy a metamagic Rod of this)
Enlarge Spell (Hitting this thing farther away would be idea since it's a close range) *
Energy Substitution (Fire) *
Energy Admixture (Fire) *
Wounding Spell*

Fly up, keep distance while invisible, prepare metamagic rods from list and fire away.

Each orb of fire would be at least fired at 200 ft away.