PDA

View Full Version : Hagane PF Golem Race, PEACH

Draco-V9
2014-06-16, 06:05 AM
Hangane

When technology and magic combined, powerful Techno Mages created a new form of golem, one that was not completely mindlessly, or just follow orders, the Hagane had free will to think as they please. This made a large controversy in the mage and engineer communities alike, but nothing could be done about them as for the fact as a race they had not done nothing wrong, instead they were rather loyal to their creators and helped them with their experiments.

Now the Hagane have been created and augmented for hundreds of years and it is not a strange sight to see them moving around the cities of the new world.

Physical description
The Hagane are made of hard metals with newer one made of steel not to rust but older ones are made of Iron, and with very expensive upgrades they can be even made of adamantine.

Society
Hagane Society isn't really defined and don't have a leader or clan system, your height in society is based on your strength and your creator.

Relations
The Hagane have been accepted by most groups but some are still sceptical about they're origins and motives, mainly older style mages.

Alignment and Religion
The Hagane usually rather loyal and thus they are often Lawful Neutral but can deviate, and for religion they don't often follow religion but can if they wish.

Adventures
Hagane often adventure as diplomats or performing errands for their mage or may seek to free other golems and kill the mages who have enslaved them.

Hagane Racial Traits
Dynamically Built: Hagane are built for may things and this variety gives them +2 to the ability score of your choice.
Automaton: The Hagane are creatures that don't need to breath and cannot suffocate or drown.
Low-Light Vision: Hagane can see twice as far as humans in condition of dim light.
Armoured Body: The Hagane are made of metal so they gain +1 Natural armor. You may also change their form to be made of adamantine to enhance their natural to +4 and this costs 1000gp to do so.
Inbuilt: The Hagane Body is built in a way that it can integrate weaponry into their chassis, this can be done to any weapon as a full round action and means the weapon can not be disarmed from them and they can draw their weapon as a free attack and put it away as a swift action. They may only have one weapon/shield in each arm. You can remove a weapon from your chassis as a full action.
Hollow: The Hagane are hollow constructs that have free space inside of them which can be used as a container (such as a backpack or sack).
Languages: The Hagane Know Common and Hagane with high intelligence can learn any language other than secret languages.

I am still a new homebrewer and would really appreciate some advice or ideas on how to make this better or other things to make, thanks for your time :smallbiggrin:

Milo v3
2014-06-16, 07:00 AM
I'm surprised a golem race doesn't have any golem traits or even construct traits.

You say that some are skeptical about them, what are they skeptical about?

The adamantine thing should probably be in the Natural armour section, not the attachable weapon bit.

As for the attachable weapon, seems annoying the weapon has to be specifically made for being used like that as it means most of weapons that you'll get in the game Wont work with the ability.

Draco-V9
2014-06-16, 07:07 AM
I'm surprised a golem race doesn't have any golem traits or even construct traits.
That would be a good idea to add thanks.

You say that some are skeptical about them, what are they skeptical about?
I should expand on their history a bit more so I'll work on that

The adamantine thing should probably be in the Natural armour section, not the attachable weapon bit.

I'll move that around

As for the attachable weapon, seems annoying the weapon has to be specifically made for being used like that as it means most of weapons that you'll get in the game Wont work with the ability.

I'll make so Items can be augmented so that it can be fitted but may cost more.

EdroGrimshell
2014-06-16, 09:30 AM
...for some reason I get the feeling these guys are based on Vocaloids (probably because one is Miku Hagane and that the Slim setup works well with Bards)

Draco-V9
2014-06-16, 05:40 PM
...for some reason I get the feeling these guys are based on Vocaloids (probably because one is Miku Hagane and that the Slim setup works well with Bards)

It wasn't made with that in mind but I guess it could be used for that, and the name is Japanese for Fullmetal and is more based on Fullmetal Alcemist. Oh and isn't it Miku Hatsune?

EdroGrimshell
2014-06-16, 10:08 PM
It wasn't made with that in mind but I guess it could be used for that, and the name is Japanese for Fullmetal and is more based on Fullmetal Alcemist. Oh and isn't it Miku Hatsune?

Miku Hagane is the "Metal" Counterpart to Miku Hatsune. Look up Miku Hagane Daiben or Marionette and you'll see what I mean. Hagane is a lot darker than Hatsune.

Draco-V9
2014-06-17, 12:28 AM
Miku Hagane is the "Metal" Counterpart to Miku Hatsune. Look up Miku Hagane Daiben or Marionette and you'll see what I mean. Hagane is a lot darker than Hatsune.

Fair enough then.