PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder DDT, Lore Warden Fighter/Horizon Walker (Feat/Item Help)

SpawnOfMorbo
2014-06-16, 01:31 PM
DDT (Dimensional Daze Tripper)

I was making a Fighter build for a series of One-Shots, level 3, 10, 15, and 20. The only stipulation is that everyone has to use a Prestige Class.

I thought "Oh crap", well not crap but you get the point...

Then I remember the Horizon Tripper from 3.5, surely that could be made into Pathfinder... And holy crap it is actually easier now that before (due to how skills work and a few very very nice feats).

It takes a few levels to pull off and I'm sure others have better versions of this but I wanted to get some advice on it. I wanted to get Dimensional Door as fast as possible, so this really starts working at level 9.

I'll break this down into each level I'll be using it but for now here is the complete build that I have, minus most items (haven't got there yet haha)

Human Lore Warden Fighter 6/Horizon Walker (Astral Plane) 3/Lore Warden Fighter 11

Str: 22 (Racial Bonus) (Level Up)
Dex: 14
Con: 12
Int: 13
Wis: 14
Cha: 8

CMB (Trip): 20 (BAB) + 6 (Str) + 8 (Arcehtype) + 2 (Dex) + 4 (Feats) +4 (Weapon Training) = +44
CMB (Trip W/DDoor): +48

BAB: 20/15/10/5

HP: Good'nuff

Saves: Good Fort, Meh Reflex and Will

Spell Like Ability: Dimensional Door 3 + Wis Mod (Caster Level = Character Level)

Feats (And this is where I need a bit of help)

Level 1: Weapon Focus (Guisarme), Power Attack, Iron Will*
Level 2: (Fighter 2): Combat Expertise (Archetype), Improved Trip
Level 3: Fury's Fall (Dex to Trip attacks)
Level 4: (Fighter 4): Furious Focus (No Penalty on First Power Attack of the round)
Level 5: Endurance (Entry Fee)
Level 6 (Fighter 6): Combat Reflexes
Level 7: Greater Trip
Level 9: (Horizon Walker 3): Dimensional Agility
Level 11: (Fighter 8): Dazing Assault
Level 11: Dimensional Assault
Level 13 (Fighter 10): Disruptive
Level 13: Dimensional Dervish
Level 15: (Fighter 12): Spell Breaker
Level 15: Dimensional Maneuvers
Level 17: (Fighter 14): Teleport Tactician (Essentially, my trick can't be used against me)
Level 17: Dimensional Savant
Level 19: (Fighter 16): Critical Versatility (Keen Weapon to make 19-20 rolls very very nice)
Level 19: Critical Focus (Prerequisite for Critical Versatility)

*Later in the career somewhere, when I have access to perhaps Mind Blank or some other magic, retrain Iron Will into Combat Reflexes using the feat retraining rules (No not Fighter Bonus Feat Retraining Rules)

**Chose this in case I need to use DD to get the hell out of dodge without getting hit (multiple AoO?) but if it seems I never use it (such as when I cast it as a swift action to attack and such) I'll retrain it using feat retraining rules (not Fighter retraining rules).

Skills: Mostly knowledge skills, perception, and sense motive. Might hit diplomacy enough to make a DC 15 or so without much worry (I'm sure someone else can be a better face, I just wouldn't want to completely kill the mood haha).

So early on the DDT acts as a Charger/Tripper basically, nothing to fancy. By mid levels (9 onward) mobility really sets in. Then later my battle choices really open up.

Trip + Daze + Keep Dazing the hell out of the target = Fun for the Fighter. Heck, while prone the target would take a -4 penalty to AC... Which means my Dazing Assault penalty would technically be -1.

I'm thinking the last couple feats (Fighter 16/Level 19)should just be Improved Bullrush and Greater Bullrush... This way if I wanted to, I could pop around a group of creatures and keep them in a neat little pile for me to destroy and not need to use my DD later in the same fight.

So does the playground have any suggestions on feats or Items? I was thinking a 1 level dip in Cleric to give me the Growth domain (Enlarge Self, yes please) or Barbarian for Urban Rage

Items Needed... I usually use 3.5 items even when playing pathfinder however the group said to use Pathfinder items...

+X Item of Strength/Dexterity/Wisdom
+X Inherent Bonus Books/Tomes of Strength/Dexterity/Wisdom

Something with mind blank

Armor
Chain Shirt

Weapons
Gauntlet:
Guisarme:

Thanks in advance!

grarrrg
2014-06-16, 09:10 PM
Level 6 (Fighter 6): Endurance (Entry Fee)

Endurance is not a Combat feat, so cannot be taken with Fighter bonus, but you have enough combat feats that shuffling it around shouldn't be a problem.

So does the playground have any suggestions on feats or Items? I was thinking a 1 level dip in Cleric to give me the Growth domain (Enlarge Self, yes please) or Barbarian for Urban Rage

See if you can swing Living Monolith (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/i-m/living-monolith).
You can easily meet the prereqs (Bab, Endurance, Iron Will, Skills).
1st level of the class gives you the ability to cast Enlarge Person on self as a Swift action 3/day!!
There is no real reason to take more than 1 level of Living Monolith.

SpawnOfMorbo
2014-06-16, 10:06 PM
Endurance is not a Combat feat, so cannot be taken with Fighter bonus, but you have enough combat feats that shuffling it around shouldn't be a problem.

See if you can swing Living Monolith (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/i-m/living-monolith).
You can easily meet the prereqs (Bab, Endurance, Iron Will, Skills).
1st level of the class gives you the ability to cast Enlarge Person on self as a Swift action 3/day!!
There is no real reason to take more than 1 level of Living Monolith.

Well hot damn, endurance isn't a combat feat. I'll swap something around.

Combat casting will be gone, swift action spells don't need to be cast defensively from what I've been told. I'll be looking into to get that sited of course. For now, I'll replace combat casting with endurance.

Living Monolith is pretty dang close to perfect as I'm going to get. Thanks! My BAB will even go up by 1 when I'm enlarged so that helps. The cleric has some nice stuff but this really fits the image of this character better. I actually like the fluff of the prestige class.

I like the idea that a crusader type character stumbled across an ancient Egyptian tomb, eventually the character being blessed by an artifact (or creature) that was left behind by the now dead gods (or not exactly dead gods).

Hmmm perhaps he stumbled into an Egyptian tomb connected to the astral plane? To explain the horizon walker ? Hmm...

Edit:

Oh thanks again, this is pretty awesome :D

VexingFool
2014-06-17, 12:09 AM
Gauntlets of the Skilled Maneuver(Trip) (+2 Untyped bonus to CMB)
Wayfinder + Dusty Rose Prism Ioun Stone (+1 insight to AC and +2 insight to CMB/CMD)
Dueling Weapon property from PFSFG (Luck bonus to CMB = 2x weapon enhancement bonus)
Jingasa of Fortunate Soldier (+1 luck bonus to AC and negate crit/sneak attack as immediate 1/day)
Quickrunner's Shirt (Swift Action to get additional move action 1/day)

If you can take traits take-
Bred for War (Human/Shoanti - +1 trait bonus to Intimidate and CMB [Must be 6+ feet tall])

SpawnOfMorbo
2014-06-17, 08:22 AM
Gauntlets of the Skilled Maneuver(Trip) (+2 Untyped bonus to CMB)
Wayfinder + Dusty Rose Prism Ioun Stone (+1 insight to AC and +2 insight to CMB/CMD)
Dueling Weapon property from PFSFG (Luck bonus to CMB = 2x weapon enhancement bonus)
Jingasa of Fortunate Soldier (+1 luck bonus to AC and negate crit/sneak attack as immediate 1/day)
Quickrunner's Shirt (Swift Action to get additional move action 1/day)

If you can take traits take-
Bred for War (Human/Shoanti - +1 trait bonus to Intimidate and CMB [Must be 6+ feet tall])

If I can pick traits, bred for war will defiantly be one. (+1)

I might go a different route with the bracers than tripping, gives me another option in Combat. Or would the bracers not need to be the weapon used to get that bonus? (Looking into it after I submit this)

+5 Guisarme Dueling weapon = +10 CMB Trip (total = 55) (I didn't factor in a +5 weapon to begin with)

Wayfinder + Dusty Rose Prism = +57

Range (no DD): 59 - 77 (Average = 67)
Range (DD): 63 - 81 (Average = 71 )

Hmm now I need to see the average CMB for high CR creatures.

Edit

This is some awesome stuff, thanks!

Edit 2:

The guantlets are a wondrous item and not a weapon! Which means I could enhance it differently but still get the base +2... Yup grabbing those :D

CMB Range (no DD): 61 - 79 (Average = 69)
CMB Range (DD): 65 - 83 (Average = 73 )