PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Warblade assisstance

Blackhawk748
2014-06-16, 07:56 PM
This is the first time ive played a Warblade from level one (ive played a Barblade once) so i could use some advice. Im basing this character off of Berethor from LOTR Third Age, so im foreseeing a lot of Iron Heart and White Raven maneuvers. For feats ive got Shield Specialization and Shield Ward, not sure where im going after that. Oh and my character has enough money at this point to buy a small country lol Thanks in advance.

ngilop
2014-06-16, 08:27 PM
from what I can remember of that game ( it was like 12 years ago..right?)

emerald razor=targeted strike

Mountain Hammer=shattering strike

shield of courage=bolstering voice

that's all got off the top of my head :)

Blackhawk748
2014-06-16, 08:31 PM
Then you and I are of a similar mind, I was gonna snag Emerald Razor as soon as i qualified and Mountain Hammer when i had a spare Maneuver, maybe just skip the basic one and grab Elder when its available.

Edit: and ya its been like a decade

Shining Wrath
2014-06-16, 08:58 PM
Don't know Berethor, but don't you need Power Attack?

Adverb
2014-06-16, 10:00 PM
Friends don't let friends take Emerald Razor, when a Heartseeking Amulet is so much better.

Blackhawk748
2014-06-18, 06:07 PM
Don't know Berethor, but don't you need Power Attack?

For what? im using a one handed weapon and a shield

Also that amulet is freakin sweet.

ngilop
2014-06-18, 11:00 PM
not really its just an emerlad razor that you can use thrice daily instead of every 6 seconds if thats what you wanted.

also

swarming assault = War Call

White Raven tactics = captain's inspire

:)

Adverb
2014-06-19, 12:46 AM
not really its just an emerlad razor that you can use thrice daily instead of every 6 seconds if thats what you wanted.

It's an Emerald Razor you can use as a swift action, which means you can combine it with any single-attack strike to great effect.

Xerlith
2014-06-19, 03:23 AM
Why not take both? 3/day for a nuke-ish attack, Emerald Razor for general stuff? Even better, grab a wand of Wraithstrike.

Crake
2014-06-19, 03:37 AM
Why not take both? 3/day for a nuke-ish attack, Emerald Razor for general stuff? Even better, grab a wand of Wraithstrike.

and put that wand in a wand chamber in your two handed greatsword!

Adverb
2014-06-20, 01:31 AM

IMO, the opportunity cost of using a rare-for-a-Warblade maneuver known or maneuver readied makes it not worthwhile.

It's a shame, though, because the flavor is so awesome.

Blackhawk748
2014-06-20, 10:08 AM
Ok, i think im good on Maneuvers for awhile (thanks for that) now i need to start picking feats. Berethors main fighting style is Sword and Board, thus why i took Shield Ward, the problem is i have no idea what to do with my feats after that (btw this is a very odd problem for me)

Xerlith
2014-06-20, 10:11 AM
Improved Shield Bash? Two Weapon Fighting?

Blackhawk748
2014-06-20, 10:25 AM
Well i considered that, but im never gonna make a full attack as a warblade lol i have a tendency to just use my couple of offensive maneuvers reset and repeat, mainly because i wind up doing more consistent damage that way