PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder They changed Living Monolith (and didn't tell me!)

grarrrg
2014-06-16, 09:25 PM
Living Monolith was originally printed in a companion book Pathfinder Companion: Osirion, Land of Pharaohs and has since been reprinted in Pathfinder Player Companion: People of the Sands
It has gone through some changes.

AND THEY DIDN'T NOTIFY ME OF THIS!

But seriously. They changed things.
(Note: I'm working off the SRD here, and don't own the original book, so I'm sure this list is incomplete)

Notable changes:
Bab is now only 3/4 (was Full)
At 2nd level you now have the option of choosing an "Ib" or "Ka" stone. If you choose Ib you get 9/10 spellcasting. If you choose Ka, then...nothing much changes from the original.
The DR you gain at 3rd level is now DR/- instead of DR/Adamantine.

I'm semi-certain it gained an extra spell-like or two, but I'm not sure as my main interest was always the 3/day Swift Enlarge Person at level 1.

Are there any other out of the way classes that Paizo has reprinted and changed?

NamelessNPC
2014-06-16, 10:05 PM
If you choose the Ka stone, you have full bab while enlarged. So if you have 3 encounters a day then it's pretty much the same

Sayt
2014-06-16, 10:15 PM
Did the old version let you dragoon Spinxes into service?

They've also released THe Pain Taster in the Occult Mysteries book, IIRC.

grarrrg
2014-06-17, 10:16 AM
Did the old version let you dragoon Spinxes into service?

Not that I remember.

They've also released THe Pain Taster in the Occult Mysteries book, IIRC.

HOLY LEVELS SAYTMAN! Pain Taster has TEN levels now!
But the "Cruelty" ability has been massively downgraded...used to be "Sneak with Slashing weapons, Always on with Whips", now it's "Sneak with Whips only".
I suppose they had to do something, since they extended the class to 10 levels and all, but...geez, major buzzkill.

And while I like that they give you Whip Mastery bonus feats now, they delay getting them a LOT.
If I want to focus on the Whip, my top priority will probably be getting Whip Mastery and Improved Whip Mastery, as they let me use the Whip as a "normal" weapon.
Pain Taster gives Whip Mastery at 1st level (level _6_ at earliest), and Imp Whip Mastery at level 7 (level _12_ at earliest).
Yeah...no...

Not really sure if "better" or "worse" yet.