PDA

View Full Version : ForceArms - my first homebrew

CryptbornAkryea
2014-06-17, 03:20 AM
Figured I'd start off with a magic weapon, add a taste of lightsaber and deliver the prototype into the experienced hands of the giants.

Have at, folks!

ForceArm

Moonblade + Force
Requisites: Weapon Finesse, Exotic Weapon Proficiency
Traits: Each ForceArm is built as a different weapon type. Feats and abilities that apply to the equivalent weapon type also apply to the ForceArm. Attacks with a ForceArm is a melee touch attacks. Its strike saps vitality or life force, causing no visible wounds but dealing 1d8 points of damage to any type of creature except undead. Undead are visibly wounded by a ForceArm. Their substance boils away from its touch, and they take 2d8 points of damage per blow. The ForceArm is force, and your Strength modifier does not apply to the damage.

Logic
2014-06-17, 09:11 AM
Figured I'd start off with a magic weapon, add a taste of lightsaber and deliver the prototype into the experienced hands of the giants.

Have at, folks!

ForceArm

Moonblade + Force
Requisites: Weapon Finesse, Exotic Weapon Proficiency
Traits: Each ForceArm is built as a different weapon type. Feats and abilities that apply to the equivalent weapon type also apply to the ForceArm. Attacks with a ForceArm is a melee touch attacks. Its strike saps vitality or life force, causing no visible wounds but dealing 1d8 points of damage to any type of creature except undead. Undead are visibly wounded by a ForceArm. Their substance boils away from its touch, and they take 2d8 points of damage per blow. The ForceArm is force, and your Strength modifier does not apply to the damage.

What do you mean that it is a Moonblade + Force?

Overall, it looks like you have a nerfed, non-magical brilliant energy weapon here that requires two feats to properly use.

CryptbornAkryea
2014-06-17, 12:51 PM
Moonblade and force were my references, my inspiration, if you will.

I was hoping to make it a dex based weapon, really.

I'll take a closer look at brilliant energy.

jiriku
2014-06-17, 04:40 PM
Yeah, if you want a lightsaber, brilliant energy is the way to go, plus allowing it to damage constructs and objects as if it was a force effect (bypassing both DR/adamantine and hardness).