PDA

View Full Version : Everyone else has a Fighter variant

Orzel
2007-02-23, 09:45 AM
Fighter
Alignment-Any.
Hit Die-d10.

Class Skills
The fighter’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Ride (Dex), and Swim (Str).

Skill Points at 1st Level-(2 + Int modifier) ×4.
Skill Points at Each Additional Level-2 + Int modifier.

BAB-Same
Saves-Same

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the fighter.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
A fighter is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with medium and light armor and shields (excluding tower shields).

Bonus Feats
At 1st level, a fighter gets a bonus combat-oriented feat in addition to the feat that any 1st-level character gets and the bonus feat granted to a human character. The fighter gains an additional bonus feat at 2nd level and every two fighter levels thereafter (4th, 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 18th, and 20th). These bonus feats must be drawn from the feats noted as fighter bonus feats. A fighter must still meet all prerequisites for a bonus feat, including ability score and base attack bonus minimums.

These bonus feats are in addition to the feat that a character of any class gets from advancing levels. A fighter is not limited to the list of fighter bonus feats when choosing these feats.

Extra Learning
At the 2nd level, a fighter gets Armor Proficiency (Heavy), Tower Shield Proficiency, or Exotic Weapon Proficiency (any) as a bonus feat

Signature Move (Ex)
At the 5th level, a fighter gains access to signature moves. When she uses the full attack action, you can give up your regular attacks and instead make one melee attack at your full base attack bonus. This attack is given an addional bonus according to the move chosen when it hits. The fighter gains a lst level signature move at level 5, a 2nd level move at level 9th, a 3rd level move at level 13 and a 4th level move at level 17. Once the bonus for a move is chosen, it cannot be changed.

Signatate move bonuses.

1st level:
+ 10 damage
+ 2d4 Str, Dex, or Con ability damage (choose 1 ability) Creature immune to critical hits are immune to Con damage dealt this way
+1d10 Int, Wis, or Cha ability damage (choose 1 ability)

2nd Level:
Disintergrates, as the spell, an oblect it touches (must be weilding a weapon with a +2 or more enhancement )
Can attempt a trip as a free action without making a touch attack.
Can attempt a disarm as a free action.
Can attempt a bullrush as a free action.

3rd Level:
+7d6 DamageCan attempt a trip as a free action without making a touch attack as if she were two sizes larger. (Must have the Improved Trip Feat)
Can attempt a disarm as a free action as if she were two sizes larger. (Must have the Improved Disarm Feat)
Can attempt a bullrush as a free action witha +8 bonus on the opposed Strength check. (Must have the Improved Bullrush Feat)

4th Level
The opponent must make a Fortitude save (10 + 1/2 fighter level + Int modifier) or die. Creatures immune to critical hits cannot be affected. (Must have Int of 14 or higher)
The opponent must make a Fortitude save (10 + 1/2 fighter level + Wis modifier) or die. Creatures immune to critical hits cannot be affected. (Must have Wis of 14 or higher)
The opponent must make a Reflex save (10 + 1/2 fighter level + Dex modifier) or be paralyzed.
Can attempt a trip, bullrush, and disarm as a free action without a touch attack (Must have the Improved Bullrush, Improved Trip, and Imporoved Disarm feats)

Strengthen Move (Ex)
At the 7th level and every 4 levels after, a fighter can add any 1st level signature move bonus to all his known signature moves.

Instead of going the "give fighters more noncombat stuff" I went for "Me trips giants and takes their weapons and throws them away"

Ping_T._Squirrel
2007-02-23, 10:55 AM
I gave this some consideration and um... No.

Bears With Lasers
2007-02-23, 12:16 PM
Yeah, no. Basically, this is horrifically overpowered melee-combat-wise without actually addressing any of the Fighter's real issues.

Orzel
2007-02-23, 02:09 PM
I'm glad no one said it wasn't overpowered

On a more serious note, this is how it's actually written

Signature Move (Ex)
At the 5th level, a fighter gains access to signature moves. When she uses the full attack action, you can give up your regular attacks and instead make one melee attack at your full base attack bonus. This attack is given an addional bonus according to the move chosen when it hits. The fighter gains a lst level signature move at level 5, a 2nd level move at level 9th, a 3rd level move at level 13 and a 4th level move at level 17. Once the bonus for a move is chosen, it cannot be changed.

Performing a signature move, provokes an attack of opputunity. If dealt damage this way, the signature move instantly fails.

A signature move can be performed once every 1d6 rounds.

Signature move bonuses.

1st level:
+ 5 damage (Must have the Power Attack feat)
+ 1d6 Str, Dex, or Con ability damage {choose 1 ability} Creature immune to critical hits are immune to Con damage dealt this way (Must be weilding a weapon she has the Weapon Focus feat for)
+ 1d4 Int, Wis, or Cha ability damage {choose 1 ability} (Must be weilding a weapon she has the Weapon Focus feat for)

2nd Level:
-10' to the opponent's ground or air speed for 1 hour
Can attempt a trip as a free action without making a touch attack. (Must have the Improved Trip Feat)
Can attempt a disarm as a free action. (Must have the Improved Disarm Feat)
Can attempt a bullrush as a free action. (Must have the Improved Bullrush Feat)
Can attempt a sunder as a free action (Must have the Improved Sunder Feat)

3rd Level:
+3d6 Damage
Can attempt a trip as a free action without making a touch attack as if she were two sizes larger. (Must have the Improved Trip Feat)
Can attempt a disarm as a free action as if she were two sizes larger. (Must have the Improved Disarm Feat)
Can attempt a sunder as a free action as if she were two sizes larger.(Must have the Improved Sunder Feat)
Can attempt a bullrush as a free action witha +8 bonus on the opposed Strength check. (Must have the Improved Bullrush Feat)

4th Level
+40 damage (Must have Str of 20 or higher)
The opponent must make a Fortitude save (10 + 1/2 fighter level + Int modifier) or die. Creatures immune to critical hits cannot be affected. (Must have Int of 16 or higher)
The opponent must make a Fortitude save (10 + 1/2 fighter level + Wis modifier) or die. Creatures immune to critical hits cannot be affected. (Must have Wis of 16 or higher)
The opponent must make a Reflex save (10 + 1/2 fighter level + Dex modifier) or be paralyzed. (Must have Dex of 20 or higher) I'm in the small camp that believes that the fighter's weaknesses are fine but their strength (complex combat) is not powerful enough.

Outrun them, Charm them, Put them in cages. But never EVER let them hit you.

CoDzillas, martial adepts, and regular martial classes can't mimic some of their power but still can trip giants and take their lunch money. FIGHTERS SHOULD BE ABLE TO TRIP GIANTS AND MAKE THEM CRY!

I ran out of things to "take away" so I made Heavy armor and Tower shields non-automatic.

jlousivy
2007-02-23, 10:05 PM
the first level signature moves are more powerful than the 2nd level moves.
I think it'd kinda..... too good to be able to deal 1d6 ability damage--- and.... why does it do this? i can see dex because you hit a hamstring or something but how does getting hit with a sword.. make you 'stupider' ie: wizard level 5 (int of 16) gets hit by a fighter lvl 5 with the attack and rolls a 6. Wizard now can only cast cantrips. In any case it should allow a save instead of a just 'i hit you now you take ability damage'.

celtois
2007-02-23, 10:11 PM
No Just no I think fighters are fine just look at it get a good will and reflex with items and done a item with SR would help to but with the right items you will be fine (I know a fighter that was hit with 4 6th lvl wizard spells and survived and killed the wizard)

magic8BALL
2007-02-23, 10:23 PM
2d4 Con damage at level 5? next level thats 4d4 con a round, potentially. thats about 7 con damage a round (taking into account misses) PLUS nomal damage. Your dealing 3 points of extra dmage per enemy HD per round. Way too much!

...disitergrate...

no.

Trip someone without touching them... what...? Does that make sence?

+7d6 damage as well! Gaah!

Then why bother taking the insta-kill manuver... you dealing out the damage (and there's nothing saying it's not with a bow either), why not Paralyise them, and set them on fire or something, just to be really mean and show off how tough your overpowered new class abilities are.

celtois
2007-02-23, 10:35 PM
READ the fourth post it is the real class the first was just a joke

magic8BALL
2007-02-24, 12:17 AM
...it's still free con damage at 5th, a trip without touching anyone at 9th (or do you take the reduced movement speed... just to free no touch trip two size catagries larger?), +3d6 damage for nothing at 13th, and a choice of two death attacks at 17th (Int or Wis based).

Oh... I see... once every 1d6 rounds... that's a bit more balanced...

I still dont get how you trip someone without touching them...
...do you mean "on a sucsefful attack roll, you may trip the target"? or is it "you're beside me, you fall over"?

nivek1234
2007-02-24, 05:21 PM
I think it removes the initial roll to strike the opponent, making the opposed strength roll the only one that counts. That's what it sounds like to me.

Orzel
2007-02-24, 06:18 PM
Yeah, it removes the touch attack and goes to the strength roll like a wolf's trip.