PDA

View Full Version : Hearthstone - You Make the Card

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Frog Dragon
2014-09-21, 04:54 AM
http://oi58.tinypic.com/rh52ch.jpg

Forsaken Deathcaller 3
Rare Neutral Minion
Whenever a deathrattle is triggered, draw a card.
3/2

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-09-21, 06:29 PM
Penultimate Arcane Power - <9>
Epic Mage Spell
Draw cards until your hand is full.
(This also stops drawing cards if your deck runs out. We won't make it insta-kill you with fatigue damage. That would just be mean.)
https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/i4s3y4Zi.png (http://achievementgen.com/hearthstone/)

Hopefully this will help you draw into your Ultimate Arcane Power.

Hamste
2014-09-21, 07:25 PM
Penultimate Arcane Power - <8>
Epic Mage Spell
(This also stops drawing cards if your deck runs out. We won't make it insta-kill you with fatigue damage. That would just be mean.)
https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/RH1XCpNd.png (http://achievementgen.com/hearthstone/)

Hopefully this will help you draw into your Ultimate Arcane Power.

One more mana for 6 more cards? That is way better than sprint.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-09-21, 08:51 PM
One more mana for 6 more cards? That is way better than sprint.

I guess so, but Jaina doesn't burn through cards as quickly as a Valeera does, doesn't have the option of using Preparation before or afterwards, and is leaving the board undisturbed at about the same time Ragnaros and Kel'Thuzad pop out, which can be dangerous.

That said, regardless of what else I do with it, it really should cost 9; it's supposed to be in the second-highest tier of power, after all. I'll go change it.

CantigThimble
2014-09-23, 11:55 AM
Con Job 3 (maybe 4)
Rogue Epic
Deal 1 damage. Draw cards equal to the damage dealt.

The idea is to make spell damage rogue a serious deck. Plus, I love the flavor of it becoming more effective with a group working together. I considered making it 0 damage 2 mana but that's too high variance.

"One wizard is a suspect, two wizards are a conspiracy."

D-naras
2014-09-24, 04:15 AM
Con Job 3 (maybe 4)
Rogue Epic
Deal 1 damage. Draw cards equal to the damage dealt.

The idea is to make spell damage rogue a serious deck. Plus, I love the flavor of it becoming more effective with a group working together. I considered making it 0 damage 2 mana but that's too high variance.

"One wizard is a suspect, two wizards are a conspiracy."

Now that's slick. Maybe make it 4 mana, 2 damage to at least do something on it's own? It's not like you can get more than 1 source of spell damage easily.

Gandariel
2014-09-24, 04:19 AM
Oh crap, the card contest!

So, here's my entry!

Time warp 7
Epic Mage spell
You can play this card only once per turn.
Draw 2 cards.
Destroy 2 of your Mana Crystals, then gain 7 Mana Crystals this turn only

So you, huh, take the "yourself" from the future to .. but then he.. Oh, screw it. It's Magic™

So, card draw usually has the same problem: Card advantage gain, tempo loss: that's because you're spending mana on getting more cards, which doesn't directly affect the board state. Cantrip minions are usually a slow play: Even the mighty Azure Drake is a slower play than similar-cost alternatives, like Loatheb or Druid of the Claw.

This card takes a new spin on it:
Effectively, you cast this card for "free", and pay the price later.

Designing this card was hard, because for how the "destroy your mana crystals" mechanic works this cards' actual "cost" varies a LOT depending on when you play it.

For example, if you play this card on turn 10, next turn you'll be at 9 crystals, then 10 again. So the actual cost you paid is 1 mana, which is a *fantastic* deal.

Playing this on turn 9 costs you a total of 3 mana
Playing this on turn 8 costs you a total of 5 mana
Playing this on turn 7 costs you a total of 7 mana

The idea here is that if you can wait to play it you'll get a better deal, but you can play it earlier in a pinch for a chance to draw the life saver (or the killing blow)

Balance concerns: Not really. It's an amazing topdeck card, and a card i would see used in most Mage control decks. It is definitely a strong card, but not overwhelmingly so.
This card can be compared to Ancient of Lore: both cost 7, affect the board this turn and give 2 cards for cheap.
Time warp is better than Ancient of lore on turns 10+ and enables you to use the cards you just drew, but Ancient can be played much earlier (and is actually that much better if you play it early) and has the heal option, which while not being amazing it's still something.

I had to add the "can't use this twice in a turn" thing because, as they showed us with the latest patch, Blizzard doesn't want us to play combo burst decks like Miracle: I could easily see combo mage decks going for 2x Time Warp, Thalnos, Sorcerer's Apprentice, frostbolt/icelances bursts.
The more elegant solution was to make this a Legendary spell, but it just wasn't shiny enough to deserve the orange gem.

Also, @CantigThimble: Shaman would love to have that card. Not sure about Rogue.

CantigThimble
2014-09-24, 10:45 AM
Now that's slick. Maybe make it 4 mana, 2 damage to at least do something on it's own? It's not like you can get more than 1 source of spell damage easily.

Yeah, that seems like a reasonable change, I worry that might be too strong but I tend to be too cautious on power. This way it's more than just an overpriced shiv when you don't have synergy. It seems like rogue could really do a lot with spellpower using stealth effects, though it usually would cost them too much card advantage to be viable. Hopefully this could fix that

Con Job 4
Rogue Epic
Deal 2 damage. Draw cards equal to the damage dealt.

Frog Dragon
2014-09-24, 01:10 PM
I think it's overpowered as 4 mana 2 damage. Compared to Hammer of Wrath, you deal 1 less damage for 1 more card. Compared to Arcane Intellect, you get 2 damage for only 1 mana more, and that's without even considering how much better spellpower makes it.

Rosstin
2014-09-25, 01:05 AM
love everything about penultimate arcane power

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-09-25, 01:59 AM
Haha, thanks! I actually really like Frog Dragon's entry, though I don't think she needs to have her race in the card name. Con Job and the Abacus and the Hammer are also neat, but I'm not sure if I should be giving advice on how to re-balance them. :smalltongue:

Gandariel
2014-09-25, 02:48 AM
Haha, thanks! I actually really like Frog Dragon's entry, though I don't think she needs to have her race in the card name. Con Job and the Abacus and the Hammer are also neat, but I'm not sure if I should be giving advice on how to re-balance them. :smalltongue:

Yeah, I keep biting my tongue :) but I will say that I think both Hammer and Con Job are OP as of now.

Also, Dr Gunsforhands, I feel the card you made is a bit slow, but *may * find its place in Freeze mage: ideally, they do Ice block +frost stuff on turn 8, then Alextrasza on 9, then kill you on 10 (or ice block +kill you on 10-11)
Essentially, the whole deck is made so that it can Alextrasza you on 9 and not die from it.

Would a version with you card work? It might, but it would have to deal the extra 15 damage some other way, which is not exactly trivial.
But I feel like the ONE and only time when you can reliably cast this spell is with a set up like this. Does it do enough that makes it better than Alex? I don't know

CantigThimble
2014-09-25, 11:52 AM
Ok, last change to my card, I promise.

Con Job 3
Rogue Epic
Deal 2 damage.
Combo: Draw cards equal to the damage dealt.

I think that's as balanced as I can get that effect.

D-naras
2014-09-25, 12:22 PM
Ok, last change to my card, I promise.

Con Job 3
Rogue Epic
Deal 2 damage.

I think that's as balanced as I can get that effect.

That looks like a home run to me

Rosstin
2014-09-25, 01:05 PM
That looks like a home run to me

Very clever, would steal.

Frog Dragon
2014-09-25, 01:31 PM
Very clever, would thoughtsteal.

Fixed that for you. :smalltongue:

cha0s4a11
2014-09-25, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I keep biting my tongue :) but I will say that I think both Hammer and Con Job are OP as of now.

Meh, I can see applying a nerfbat to the Hammer of Truth. New version.

Hammer of Truth 3
Rare Paladin Weapon
1 Attack, 3 Durability
When you attack and destroy an enemy character while using this weapon, draw a card.
The Hammer of Truth is best used by Paladins who are good, just, and holy, but definitely not nice. Apply directly to the kneecaps.

If your opponent keeps playing 1 health minions or minions that can easily be reduced to 1 health while you have this weapon, then I think you should be able to draw all 3 cards for 3 mana. :smallsmile:

Gandariel
2014-09-26, 06:31 AM
9 days have passed: can we get a judging? i tried PMing Misothene but the forums won't let me :smallconfused:

Hamste
2014-09-26, 06:36 AM
If need be I can judge as I have not entered this one.

Misothene
2014-09-26, 11:13 AM
Whoops! Sorry all! Judging will be up later today.

Misothene
2014-09-26, 02:09 PM
Here it is! Sorry for the delay.

D-naras: Magical Abacus
Magical Abacus 3
Epic Neutral Minion
Taunt
Battlecry: Draw a card from your deck with cost equal to your unspent Mana crystals.
0/2
- a favourite of Mathemagicians' everywhere.

You are correct that tutors are missing from Hearthstone, an oddity I picked up on with experience in Magic. This card is a 3-mana Stoneclaw Totem with a TON of upside when used correctly. I am worried that this would make decks like Miracle Rogue too strong, though using up turn 3 (when they would rather be doing something like backstab + SI7) could be a bit of a burden. That said, it can SET UP a backstab + SI7 play for next turn while throwing up a taunt, or fetch a Prep, or Conceal, or the critical Blade Flurry, or... the list goes on. Long story short, I think it might be a little too strong and versatile in Miracle Rogue, even post-Leeroy nerf. Still, a very interesting idea

Frog Dragon: Forsaken Deathcaller
Forsaken Deathcaller 3
Rare Neutral Minion
Whenever a deathrattle is triggered, draw a card.
3/2

3/2 for 3 is obviously less-than-value, but as Shattered Sun Cleric shows it can still be quite good with the right ability. I am worried about the power level of this card, given how strong Undertaker-aggro deathrattle decks already are. Sure, it doesn't have deathrattle on its own, but the turns of Zombie Chow/Leper Gnome, Haunted Creeper, this seems like an insane amount of value. The fact that his triggers off of your opponent's deathrattles is interesting, but just attests to how high the power level is.

Dr.Gunsforhands: Penultimate Arcane Power
Penultimate Arcane Power - <9>
Epic Mage Spell

This is really, really interesting. There has been discussion on the thread comparing this to Sprint and speculating how this could fit in to freeze-mage builds. I'm honestly not sure whether this is too powerful or too weak. Sprint doesn't see any constructed play, because taking your whole turn to just draw cards can be such a huge tempo loss. That said, Control Paladins playing Lay on Hands do see tournament play even if they're pretty infrequent/weak on ladder, throwing down the heals/draw after they've stabilized. That seems like a good parallel, and this card is way weaker in a control deck since they're likely to have more cards in hand. The dream, obviously, is to just barely stabilize after Flamestriking with no cards in hand then topdeck this. The more worrisome aspect of the card is using it with an Ice Block up, and then drawing into a huge burst turn. Very interesting design that I think would require playtesting to actually get a sense of whether it's powerful. My quibble is that it does force you to burn a card at the beginning of your next turn unless you're able to cast something immediately.

Gandariel: Time Warp
Time warp 7
Epic Mage spell
You can play this card only once per turn.
Draw 2 cards.
Destroy 2 of your Mana Crystals, then gain 7 Mana Crystals this turn only.
So you, huh, take the "yourself" from the future to .. but then he.. Oh, screw it. It's Magic™.

This is a really weird card. I feel like its primary purpose would be for an aggressive or midrange-y Mage to dig out some Fireballs or Ice Lances, but then again, it is only two cards. Sorceror's Apprentice can turn this into a better tempo play, but luckily this can't be prep'd or far sight'd outside of Lorewalker Cho shenanigans. It wouldn't be fair to call it "0 mana card draw" since the drawback of being completely dead until turn 7 is significant. Very interesting space, but pretty confusing and hard to evaluate. On a funnier note, this is a pretty good counter to Millhouse Manastorm.

CantigThimble: Con Job
Con Job 3
Rogue Epic
Deal 2 damage.

This is really really strong. Ridiculously powerful. Auctioneer, prep, Con Job is insane. Thalnos + Con Job is insane. Backstab + Con Job is insane. This is cool design space, but I think giving you two cards by default is too good and would overshadow the spell damage theme. I honestly think to be fair this would need to either cost more (4 or 5) and/or only deal one damage.

Cha0s4a11: Hammer of Truth
Hammer of Truth 3
Rare Paladin Weapon
1 Attack, 3 Durability
When you attack and destroy an enemy character while using this weapon, draw a card.
The Hammer of Truth is best used by Paladins who are good, just, and holy, but definitely not nice. Apply directly to the kneecaps.

I really like this card, and card draw is an area Paladin is pretty lacking, but it might be a bit too weak. There are a lot of situations where dealing one damage can kill things in the early and mid-game, so this could be good, but it doesn't give much in immediate benefit and comes right before the critical Truesilver Champion turn.

Winner:
Everyone was doing really well this week, so it's really tough to decide, especially between the two very interesting Mage spells. I'll give a narrow edge to Dr. Gunsforhands, seeming like a cool build-around card that could go in a lot of different directions.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-09-28, 05:51 PM
Huzzah! I'd actually say my card is only good in arena, but I'm not really the expert. :smalltongue:

This week, make a card that targets a minion.

CantigThimble
2014-09-29, 11:34 AM
Incarnation of Anger 4
Neutral Rare
Battlecry: A minion's health becomes equal to its attack.
3/2

I couldn't decide if this effect would make more sense for shaman or warrior so I made it neutral. Most minions people use are attack oriented so this would usually be a buff rather than a debuff though it could kill totems. This effect is wonderfully versitile and there are dozens of combos I can think of just looking at it. The only problem is the statline seems a bit strong for the cost but it needed to be cheap so it could reasonably combo with dark iron dorf and such and I couldn't make an 'Incarnation of Anger' have less than 3 attack.

Edit, changed cost to 4.

D-naras
2014-09-29, 07:37 PM
Laser Pointer 1
Common Rogue Spell
Reduce target minion's attack by 1. Draw a card when that minion dies. You can target stealthed minions with this and they lose Stealth too.
- Use this on their eyes and your blade on their spleen -Coolio, Rogue Extraordinaire

So it's pretty much a combo enabler. At first I went for 0 mana, the reveal effect and the deathrattle but then I figured it would make the card a must have for all rogues ever due to its card advantage-free combo enabling.

cha0s4a11
2014-10-04, 04:52 AM
Hunting Spear 5
Epic Hunter Weapon
1 Attack, 3 Durability
Battlecry: Target an enemy minion.
When this weapon deals damage to the targeted minion, or to another minion with the same name as the targeted minion, destroy that minion.
Deathrattle: If this weapon has not killed an enemy minion, return this card to the hand at the start of your next turn.
"Always be prepared", as the old Hunter Scouts' motto says.

Note that targeting is a property of the weapon and not the minion being targetted. In other words, if you target a "Chillwind Yeti", kill that Yeti, and the next turn your opponent summons another "Chillwind Yeti", you can still kill that Chillwind Yeti using the Hunting Spear's ability.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-10-05, 05:40 PM
I was worried that I may have thrown some people off by saying, "targets," when that's technically a Magic thing and not a Hearthstone thing, but you guys seem to have gotten the gist: when you play the card, it gives you the little targeting arrow thing so you pick a minion on the field. Good good.

Incarnation of Anger 4
Neutral Rare
Battlecry: A minion's health becomes equal to its attack.
3/2

It's okay for most minions to be neutral, even ones that seem like they should be class-specific. Incarnation of Anger has a couple of problems: it doesn't seem especially angry, and it's only marginally stronger than Crazed Alchemist but costs twice as much. It's pretty hard to justify paying for this guy, even if you build your deck around combos with him. For four mana, he could easily have been a 5/3 or something and been fine.

Laser Pointer 1
Common Rogue Spell
Reduce target minion's attack by 1. Draw a card when that minion dies. You can target stealthed minions with this and they lose Stealth too.
- Use this on their eyes and your blade on their spleen -Coolio, Rogue Extraordinaire

Cute! It's a lot of text for a Hearthstone card, though, and why on earth would a Rogue carry around a laser pointer? If it's for distraction, wouldn't it make more sense to remove taunt than stealth? Do they even have laser pointers in Azeroth?

Hunting Spear 5
Epic Hunter Weapon
1 Attack, 3 Durability
Battlecry: Target an enemy minion.
When this weapon deals damage to the targeted minion, or to another minion with the same name as the targeted minion, destroy that minion.
Deathrattle: If this weapon has not killed an enemy minion, return this card to the hand at the start of your next turn.
"Always be prepared", as the old Hunter Scouts' motto says.

This one's kind of weird. Considering that there can be a maximum of 2 copies of a given minion per deck outside of the arena, I feel like this should have been simplified to a 1/2 "destroy any minion damaged by this weapon" sort of deal, but couldn't because it had to target something to fit into the contest. Putting in the Deathrattle on top of that seems really weird, too; why would you play this and then not kill the thing that you needed to kill with it? Also, all of the hunter weapons so far are bows, though WoWwiki does say that hunters can technically use spears and other polearms, albeit inefficiently.

I had trouble deciding, since I found Laser Pointer more amusing and the Incarnation more mechanically feasible, but I'm going to say that cha0s4a11 wins this week; a Hunter weapon that basically gives you a Favored Enemy ability is pretty amusing, though I must insist that the Deathrattle has got to go. It'll help you deal with Ancients of War, and it feels like it fits in the class and world theme.

D-naras
2014-10-05, 06:39 PM
...Do they even have laser pointers in Azeroth?...

A really quick search: http://www.wowhead.com/petability=482/laser http://www.wowhead.com/item=90552/laser-etched-leaf http://www.wowhead.com/spell=144459/laser-burn...so I guess not. :smalltongue:

Congrats to cha0s4a11!

cha0s4a11
2014-10-05, 08:28 PM
This one's kind of weird. Considering that there can be a maximum of 2 copies of a given minion per deck outside of the arena, I feel like this should have been simplified to a 1/2 "destroy any minion damaged by this weapon" sort of deal, but couldn't because it had to target something to fit into the contest.

There are a few means of getting more than 2 minions on the field, like duplicate or faceless manipulator.

Putting in the Deathrattle on top of that seems really weird, too; why would you play this and then not kill the thing that you needed to kill with it? Also, all of the hunter weapons so far are bows, though WoWwiki does say that hunters can technically use spears and other polearms, albeit inefficiently.

To be honest, thinking back on it, I'm honestly not sure why I put the Deathrattle in. I think it was something along the lines of "Given the cost of Hunter's other removal this thing absolutely, positively, needs to kill something the hunter wants dead", but meh.

I had trouble deciding, since I found Laser Pointer more amusing and the Incarnation more mechanically feasible, but I'm going to say that cha0s4a11 wins this week; a Hunter weapon that basically gives you a Favored Enemy ability is pretty amusing, though I must insist that the Deathrattle has got to go. It'll help you deal with Ancients of War, and it feels like it fits in the class and world theme.

Consider the Deathrattle dropped. :smallsmile:

Oh wait, I won. This is a new thing. Now the contest shall be mine! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

....I mean, thanks. Yay! :smallbiggrin:

Ok, so new contest for this week:

Double Your Minions, Double Your Fun

Create two new minions that are explicitly related and/or tied together in some way.
Examples of what qualifies as "explicitly related and/or tied together" include (but aren't limited to):

Cases where one minion creates the other minion on Battlecry (Silver Hand Knight/Recruit, Leeroy Jenkins/Whelps)
Cases where one minion creates the other minion on Deathrattle (Harvest Golem/Damaged Golem, The Beast/Finkle Einhorn)
Where one minion creates the other minion on other events (i.e. Violet Teacher/Apprentice, Imp Master/Imp)
Where an effect on one or each of the minions explicitly names the other minion (i.e. Stalagg/Feugen)
etc.

I will give bonus points for weird and interesting card mechanics as well as funny and/or twisted flavor text.
Given my history of card entries, that should probably go without saying, but it's generally best to explicitly state such things.

CantigThimble
2014-10-06, 12:48 AM
They don't explicitly mention one another but they are VERY closely related.

Peanut Butter Golem 4
Neutral Rare
Battlecry: Summon 2 peanut butter golems.
1/2
"How do you prefer you prefer your inevitable doom? Creamy smooth, extra chunky or with a few almonds mixed in? Oh they all sound terrifying, I'll make one of each."

Jellymancer 4
Neutral Epic
Battlecry: Give each copy of a minion +2/+1
2/2
"They thought they had cornered the madman in the kitchen, little did they suspect the alchemical power of raspberries."

Peanut butter golems were a running gag in my old D&D group. It started with an ochre ooze miniature looking like a blob of chunky peanut butter.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-10-06, 02:40 AM
Lieren (http://www.wowwiki.com/Lieren) 3
Legendary Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Get Loania from your deck into your hand. She costs 1 less.
3/3

Loania (http://www.wowwiki.com/Loania) 3
Legendary Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Get Lieren from your deck into your hand. She costs 1 less.
3/3

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/F9ELwWWa.png (http://achievementgen.com/hearthstone/)
https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/wRtluxEP.png (http://achievementgen.com/hearthstone/)

Gandariel
2014-10-06, 05:53 AM
They don't explicitly mention one another but they are VERY closely related.

Peanut Butter Golem 4
Neutral Rare
1/2
"How do you prefer you prefer your inevitable doom? Creamy smooth, extra chunky or with a few almonds mixed in? Oh they all sound terrifying, I'll make one of each."

Jellymancer 4
Neutral Epic
2/2
"They thought they had cornered the madman in the kitchen, little did they suspect the alchemical power of raspberries."

Peanut butter golems were a running gag in my old D&D group. It started with an ochre ooze miniature looking like a blob of chunky peanut butter.

How would the Jellymancer work?
I mean, would it buff UtH doggies? Would it buff a Faceless? How about if i play two Bloodfen Raptors? can i buff both?

CantigThimble
2014-10-06, 10:56 AM
How would the Jellymancer work?
I mean, would it buff UtH doggies? Would it buff a Faceless? How about if i play two Bloodfen Raptors? can i buff both?

It buffs a minion and each other minion that is the same card. If you brewmastered 2 minions to your hand and they would be the same card then it would buff both of them. I didn't consider the unleash combo but considering people already play around it a lot and hunter recently lost buzzard I don't think it's too nasty.

D-naras
2014-10-06, 06:04 PM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/t/VlwpH4ro.png

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/t/AhLIUYaf.png

Epic Mount Rider 6
Epic Neutral Minion
At the end of your turn, if you don't have an Epic Mount, summon one.
5/2
- They can't get to me if they can't even click on ol' Purply!

Epic Mount 2
Epic Neutral Minion
Epic Mount Rider can't be attacked or targeted by spells or hero powers.
1/4
- Purply says "Neighhh" to rider abuse.

cha0s4a11
2014-10-11, 06:50 PM
JUDGEMENT DAY IS TOMORROW!

...It's probably not as important or ominous as I'm making it sound, but if you have an entry and haven't put it in the thread yet, now is probably the time. :smallbiggrin:

Gandariel
2014-10-12, 05:40 PM
i'll try to submit one ASAP :)
edit : couldn't :/

cha0s4a11
2014-10-13, 10:05 AM
Ok, so judging time is here!

Peanut Butter Golem 4
Neutral Rare
1/2

Jellymancer 4
Neutral Epic
2/2

Thoughts: O.....kay. I'm not entirely sure if this entry meets the rules given that Jellymancer may very well be more useful/have more synergy with with hounds, Imp Master/Imps, Violet Apprentices, whatever those flame minions that Illidan makes are called, etc. At any rate, the combo doesn't seem particularly effective as is (8 mana for 3 3/3 minions?) I like the names and the flavor text, but I'm dubious about the rest.

Epic Mount Rider 6
Epic Neutral Minion
At the end of your turn, if you don't have an Epic Mount, summon one.
5/2
- They can't get to me if they can't even click on ol' Purply!

Epic Mount 2
Epic Neutral Minion
Epic Mount Rider can't be attacked or targeted by spells or hero powers.
1/4
- Purply says "Neighhh" to rider abuse.

Thoughts: I like this one, it's a split up 6/6 minion for 6 that effectively forces the opponent to be able to do 5 or more damage to actually properly damage it (except by minion battlecry, which is a bit of a weak spot). Idea is neat, stats look balanced, and I like the flavor text.

Lieren (http://www.wowwiki.com/Lieren) 3
Legendary Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Get Loania from your deck into your hand. She costs 1 less.
3/3

Loania (http://www.wowwiki.com/Loania) 3
Legendary Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Get Lieren from your deck into your hand. She costs 1 less.
3/3

Thoughts: Interesting mechanic, effectively you have 2 3/3's for 5, assuming that you draw only one of them and use it to pull the other. It also helps thin the deck so it may potentially be slightly helpful in getting other combos set up. I like it. I can see it getting some use in a rogue deck.

So, it was a close call between D-naras and Dr.Gunsforhands.
While Dr.Gunsforhands's entry has a somewhat more interesting mechanic, D-naras' entry has flavor text that was kinda funny.
I'll give the edge to D-naras on this one.

D-naras
2014-10-13, 04:45 PM
Ok, let's make this weird.

Make a Spell card that has exactly 12 words in its text.

Hamste
2014-10-13, 05:03 PM
Ok, let's make this weird.

Make a Spell card that has 12 words in its text.

Only eleven words in the challenge :(.

Gandariel
2014-10-13, 05:40 PM
Only eleven words in the challenge :(.

Add an "exactly" :D

D-naras
2014-10-14, 03:10 AM
Challenge fixed :smalltongue:

CantigThimble
2014-10-14, 12:28 PM
Blood of Mannoroth 6
Warrior Legendary Spell
Destroy all friendly minions. Your hero gains immune and windfury this turn.

So, yknow how no one ever runs heroic strike.... I don't know if legendary spells are allowed as part of this, if they aren't I can change this to an epic 'Murder Spree' but I think it deserves the rarity. I might consider dropping the cost to 5 but I think it's good where it is.

Gandariel
2014-10-14, 09:01 PM
It looks... absurdly overcosted.

Just "your hero gains immune and windfury for this turn only" as a Warrior card is worth.. 3 mana? maybe 4? It is conditional (although not by much, since Warrior has plenty of weapons) and either gets you to kill 2 minions with two chops of your weapon/Heroic Strike (so 2 cards for 2 cards) or works as a "deal 3-5 damage" spell.

With the "destroy all your minions" thing i'd make it cost like 2, or even less.

CantigThimble
2014-10-14, 09:11 PM
It looks... absurdly overcosted.

Just "your hero gains immune and windfury for this turn only" as a Warrior card is worth.. 3 mana? maybe 4? It is conditional (although not by much, since Warrior has plenty of weapons) and either gets you to kill 2 minions with two chops of your weapon/Heroic Strike (so 2 cards for 2 cards) or works as a "deal 3-5 damage" spell.

With the "destroy all your minions" thing i'd make it cost like 2, or even less.

I suppose, I was thinking of it in terms of burst damage combos (and while somewhat distracted). I may replace the destroying own minions with a bonus to attack (of 3 or so) if I can figure out the wordcount.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-10-15, 01:22 AM
Tenure <2>
Rare Mage/Priest Spell
Change a minion's attack to 0 and give it Spell Power +2.
Archmages and High Priests always say they're too busy for quests, but they lose just as much time assigning them to adventurers all day.

EDIT: Explanation of multi-class spells (and other stuff):
The Tenure spell appears in both the Mage and Priest card lists. If you open it in a pack, you can use it in a deck for either class. I imagine it would be part of a series of spells that are usable by multiple classes in this manner.

A priest can put this on his own Lightspawn, and the Lightspawn's ability will change its attack back. He can also put it on something right before making attack equal to its health with that one other spell. Mages don't get that sort of combo so much, but they do have Arcane Explosion, which is nice. This thing is usually just a Hex effect either way, though.

After some playtesting, this thing might be rebalanced to change the cost and spell power both to +3, or just hit with the nerf bat and the attack setting changed to 1.

CantigThimble
2014-10-17, 12:05 PM
Ok here we go:
Blood of Mannaroth 5
Warrior Legendary Spell
Destroy all friendly minions. Gain 3 attack, immune and windfury this turn.

This is a pretty hard challenge.

D-naras
2014-10-18, 07:00 AM
This is a pretty hard challenge.

That's the point :smalltongue:. At least Hearthstone doesn't have nearly as much a rigid language as other games.

The Glyphstone
2014-10-18, 09:25 AM
Okay, I'll try this again:

Mass Hysteria 8
Legendary Priest Spell

Become Immune this turn. All minions deal their ATK damage to themselves.

"Time For Fun!"

This iteration is probably worthy of the Legendary Spell contest, but fits here too. Adding a one-turn Immune in addition to the confusion effect is appropriate to the WoW boss who inspired it, and makes the increased 8-mana cost a bit more palatable.

Anxe
2014-10-18, 10:00 AM
Destiny 6 mana
Legendary Druid spell
Look at all cards in your deck. Draw one. Discard the rest.

Grytorm
2014-10-18, 10:46 AM
Warchief's Steel 10
Epic Warrior Spell
Gain armor so life and armor are thirty. Equip a 5/4 Weapon.

May be a little overcosted but I think it is cool.

Anxe
2014-10-18, 11:16 AM
Warchief's Steel 10
Epic Warrior Spell

May be a little overcosted but I think it is cool.

I think its a little undercosted actually. The weapon alone is worth about 7. The armor could be worth way more. I'd set the armor at 15. Then its on par with Jaraxxus and Alexstraza.

Misothene
2014-10-19, 02:53 AM
Up Close and Personal 3
Epic Warrior Spell
During your opponent's next turn, you have Taunt and keep your weapon.

The intent, if it isn't clear, is to allow you to deal your weapon's damage to minions that attack you during your opponent's next turn.

thirsting
2014-10-19, 08:15 AM
Horrid Contagion 3

Epic Warlock Spell
Give all non-stealthed, non-demon minions Deathrattle: Deal 1 damage to ALL characters.

(12 words restriction IS harder than it sounds. I don't know enough about Warcraft's setting to know if this actually fits Warlock...)

cha0s4a11
2014-10-19, 11:45 AM
Lets do a two for one here...

For Great Justice <1>
Legendary Paladin Spell
Secret: When your weapon is destroyed, Equip the 4/5 legendary "Zig" weapon.
"It's you!?! What you say? All our weapons are belong to you?"

Zig <5>
Legendary Paladin Weapon (Not Collectable)
4 Attack, 5 Durability
You may not attack if you have any minions on the field.
"We are on the way to destruction? No! Take off every zig!"

A couple notes:
Secrets only trigger on the opponents turn, so to trigger they would need to use an ooze, or Harrison Jones, or whatever that pirate is that reduces weapon durability to kill your weapon.
While the weapon is a weapon and not a spell, I should note that it is only attainable through the spell and also obeys the 12 word rule.
Also even the flavor text for both cards obeys the 12 word rule.

CarpeGuitarrem
2014-10-19, 02:24 PM
Poison Trap <2>
Rare Hunter Spell
Secret: When an enemy minion damages one of your minions, destroy both.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e96/Curubethion/HunterPoisonTrap.png

Something I came up with off the cuff. Dunno how useful it is, but it'd be good to play mindgames with an opponent.

Gandariel
2014-10-19, 04:07 PM
Clog 3
Common Mage Secret
When the opponent loses his last minion, summon 6 Wimps for him

Wimp 0
Common Neutral Minion
0/1

So, extremely strong if you don't have a way of dealing with it, but the opponent can very, very easily play around it (remember it only works on the opponent's turn)

Also, Giants mage with Sea Giants too!

Forbiddenwar
2014-10-19, 05:58 PM
Destiny 6 mana
Legendary Druid spell

Blow up your own library? Are you mad

Anxe
2014-10-19, 10:04 PM
Blow up your own library? Are you mad

Mad with power! It's based off one of my favorite magic cards, which is also really bad.

Doomsday
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=15397&type=card (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=doomsday)

thirsting
2014-10-20, 01:12 AM
You definitely got a wrong card game thread, Anxe! :)

Edit: ..duh, derp.. I somehow got an impression that MtG card was his contribution.. never mind me.

D-naras
2014-10-20, 05:46 PM
Judging time!

Blood of Mannaroth 5
Warrior Legendary Spell
Destroy all friendly minions. Gain 3 attack, immune and windfury this turn.

Thematically, this card is a hit. However, on its own, the minion part is kinda wasted, since no one will ever play this with a minion on the board and is only there to fit the contest requirements. If I could change this card, I would have it cost 4 or 3, skip the immune part and gain attack equal to the minions destroyed. It would even fit the contest:
Destroy all friendly minions. Gain that much attack and windfury this turn.

Tenure <2>
Rare Mage/Priest Spell
Change a minion's attack to 0 and give it Spell Power +2.
Archmages and High Priests always say they're too busy for quests, but they lose just as much time assigning them to adventurers all day.

I laughed out loud when I read this. This is a great card. It's versatile, it allows smart plays, it can be used as the lynchpin of new decks ( use this on Shade of Naxrammas on a rogue or mage deck for instance) and it's properly costed as well.

Mass Hysteria 8
Legendary Priest Spell

Become Immune this turn. All minions deal their ATK damage to themselves.
"Time For Fun!"

I liked this card in my other contest, however here it doesn't work. If you remove the Immune part, the card remains exactly the same (except making you immune to Leper Gnome, Abomination and any random Knife Juggler triggers).

Warchief's Steel 10
Epic Warrior Spell

This is way too strong. Control warriors running 2 of these would be such a pain. There is a reason why the other 2 cards that change life totals don't do go over 15. This would extend games to fatigue more often than not, and while I like the concept, I thing it goes against the spirit of the game, making each match last much longer than it needs to.

Up Close and Personal 3
Epic Warrior Spell
During your opponent's next turn, you have Taunt and keep your weapon.

This is a sweet trick. I guess your weapon won't lose durability when attacked, otherwise this is going to be overcosted. I wouldn't be surprised if this shows up as an actual card later in the game.

Horrid Contagion 3
Epic Warlock Spell
Give all non-stealthed, non-demon minions Deathrattle: Deal 1 damage to ALL characters.

Nice-trick-with-the-word-count-there- :smalltongue:. Nice and clean card with great potential. It even fits thematically since demons are immune to disease (I assume) and stealthed minions hide from the sick. This screams Warlock as well.

For Great Justice <1>
Legendary Paladin Spell
Secret: When your weapon is destroyed, Equip the 4/5 legendary "Zig" weapon.
"It's you!?! What you say? All our weapons are belong to you?"

Zig <5>
Legendary Paladin Weapon (Not Collectable)
4 Attack, 5 Durability
You may not attack if you have any minions on the field.
"We are on the way to destruction? No! Take off every zig!"

This card is way too convoluted for my tastes. Hard to activate, but that fits the 1 mana cost of paladin secrets. I enjoyed the reference and the flavor text but the cards themselves are clunky and confusing. Much like Zero Wing's translation.

Poison Trap <2>
Rare Hunter Spell
Secret: When an enemy minion damages one of your minions, destroy both.

This card reminded me of Yu-gi-oh! for some reason. Maybe it's the recycled image (:smalltongue:) or the fact that its too much work for very little benefit. This card would fit in a secret themed boss in a single-player adventure, not in an actual player's deck.

Clog 3
Common Mage Secret
When the opponent loses his last minion, summon 6 Wimps for him

Wimp 0
Common Neutral Minion
0/1

Great card but also extremely hard to trigger. This requires an entire deck build around it and it will crush any non warrior (or shaman or druid :smalltongue:) player that was not prepared for it, should it trigger.

Destiny 6 mana
Legendary Druid spell

If this game had a graveyard, then this card would be bonkers. As is, this card is bad. Its cost is way too high to allow any shenanigans. At best, you can ready your Force of Nature, Savage Roar combo next turn.

I don't know whether it was me advertising this on the main thread, or the nature of the contest, but the turnout was great this time around. Thank you all for your participation.

Dr.Gunsforhands with Tenure. I had a feeling that this card would win after first laying eyes on it. Runner ups were Clog and Horrid Contagion for their innovative design.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-10-20, 08:35 PM
Saying random words and counting them on your fingers pays off sometimes. :smallcool:

This week, let's get back to minions. Not the fancy legendary ones, but the real heroes:

Make a common or basic minion!

(Rarity is obviously a non-issue for us, but it shouldn't super-break the game if you see it in the arena a lot.)

thirsting
2014-10-21, 12:16 PM
Confused SI:7 Double Agent (2)
Common? Roque Minion
Charge. At the end of your turn, you draw a card and your opponent gains control of this minion.
1/2

Greetings, my name is Rory.. No wait, my name is Dana!

(I wanted to do something which both players have an incentive to keep alive. I'm sure there'd be some way to abuse this, but couldn't think of any yet.)

Gandariel
2014-10-21, 12:21 PM
Congratulations, a super earned victory there :)

Now for the challenge. ...

Argent Squad Leader 3
Basic Paladin Minion

Whenever a friendly Silver Hand Recruit dies, draw a card.
2/4

Thoughts:
paladin lacks card draw
card draw engine is usually Basic
Not op, since most recruits die immediately, and not likely to draw more than one or two cards. Still, should reliably get at least one, and 2/4 is the standard "Ok looking" body for a 3-drop.

Probably can't run away with a game, but sure does its job.

If it exists it also forces enemies to kill recruits ASAP unless theyre turned into Loot Hoarders.

Obvious comparison : North shire.

CantigThimble
2014-10-21, 12:26 PM
Holy Martyr 2
Paladin Common
Deathrattle: Add a minor blessing to your hand.
2/1
Don't you hate it when your package is delivered just after you needed it?

The blessings include blessing of might, blessing of wisdom and the annoyingly named hand of protection. My plan is that this replaces avenge as the paladin naxxramas card. It even fits into that echoing ooze class challenge deck better.

Gandariel
2014-10-21, 05:56 PM
@Thirsting: Wait, what? 3 mana, you play it, draw a card, the opponent uses the Agent to kill one of your minions.

So you basically played a 3 mana spell that said: Sacrifice a minion, draw a card?
Or even if it doesn't die immediately, the opponent is the first to be able to use it to attack, and does get a card too.

i get what you're doing, but like this it's totally unplayable.

Something like:

Double Agent SI:7 1
Basic Rogue Minion
Battlecry: draw 2 cards and give this minion to the opponent.
3/3

It *may* be too strong though.

Maybe:
Battlecry: at the end of turn, draw 2 cards and give this minion to the opponent.

CantigThimble
2014-10-21, 06:17 PM
@Thirsting: Wait, what? 3 mana, you play it, draw a card, the opponent uses the Agent to kill one of your minions.

So you basically played a 3 mana spell that said: Sacrifice a minion, draw a card?
Or even if it doesn't die immediately, the opponent is the first to be able to use it to attack, and does get a card too.

i get what you're doing, but like this it's totally unplayable.

Something like:

Double Agent SI:7 1
Basic Rogue Minion
Battlecry: draw 2 cards and give this minion to the opponent.
3/3

It *may* be too strong though.

Maybe:
Battlecry: at the end of turn, draw 2 cards and give this minion to the opponent.

I don't think you quite get how the card works. Once your opponent has it, yes they can suicide it, but if they don't then they get a card and it goes back to the caster. Every turn each player COULD kill it but as long as they don't they will get cards.

Gandariel
2014-10-21, 06:23 PM
yes, but you spent 3 mana for a thing that gives a symmetrical bonus, AND actually favours the opponent (because he can attack first with it).

nobody would ever ever play it, ever.
Situation one:
you play it, opponent gets it and trades into one of your minions.
you played a 3 mana "sacrifice a creature, draw a card"

If he just suicides the agent, you just played a 3 mana "draw a card, deal two damage to one of your minions" card. Still terrible

Situation two:
you play it, opponent gets it, attacks you for 2 damage, and passes.
so now both players have drawn a card (but neither has had the chance to USE the card), AND the opponent has attacked you once. i really feel this is a really unplayably bad.

The Glyphstone
2014-10-21, 07:05 PM
Once more unto the breach, then. With an original card this time!

Hozen Fruitflinger
Common Neutral Minion 2
2/2
Battlecry: Deal one damage to your opponent.
Deathrattle: Deal one damage to your opponent.

"Ook you in the dooker!"

Slightly under-cost minion body, but with 2 guaranteed damage to the enemy. Cheap, straightforward, and aggro-y, I think this is a good Common neutral minion, and thematic of the Bananarang ability given to some Hozen mobs in WoW.

thirsting
2014-10-22, 01:17 AM
-- unplayably bad.

I guess I could change it to 2 mana and add Battlecry: Draw a card to it, so that you get two cards, and then both players card a turn. I don't know if it could be a common rarity card anymore after that? Eh..

Thanks for the feedback.

Edit: Yeah. Lowered cost to 2, but anything else and it might become too good for a common card, easier to abuse. Being little bit underwhelming is okay in my books. :]

Gandariel
2014-10-22, 04:57 AM
you're not getting the point. Even at 1 mana it's bad IMO.
1 mana, draw a card, the opponent deals two damage to one of your minions? Strictly worse than Flare or Tracking.
At two mana, why don't you take Novice Engineer? you get the card instantly, and the minion sticks there for you.

I get that there's the "both players draw twice thing", but the opponent can end it whenever he wants AND deal two damage to one of your minions. AND you only got one card out of it if he does it immediately (so a BAD trade for you)

Hamste
2014-10-22, 05:13 AM
you're not getting the point. Even at 1 mana it's bad IMO.
1 mana, draw a card, the opponent deals two damage to one of your minions? Strictly worse than Flare or Tracking.
At two mana, why don't you take Novice Engineer? you get the card instantly, and the minion sticks there for you.

I get that there's the "both players draw twice thing", but the opponent can end it whenever he wants AND deal two damage to one of your minions. AND you only got one card out of it if he does it immediately (so a BAD trade for you)

Not strictly worse than either but it is worse than either, we can never say that about any card unless they do the exact same thing and one has a larger benefit. For example if the card actually said deal 2 damage to self instead of summoning a minion and draw a card and tracking didn't remove stealth on all cards tracking would be strictly better but currently we can't say it is strictly or objectively better.

Gandariel
2014-10-22, 05:34 AM
oh f*k me.

Fine, not strictly, but the vast majority of players would prefer Novice engineer over this thing.

thirsting
2014-10-22, 07:38 AM
Edited. It can't kill 2 health minions without help anymore, and you get to attack right away. Still bad? Maybe, but I don't care, that's it's final form. Who ever gets it killed gets one less card out of it than opponent. But it feels even less Common than before... :/

Gandariel
2014-10-22, 08:14 AM
Interesting! Charge alone would make it symmetrical and hence at least usable (i'd say even good), even without the power nerf.

Then again, i don't wanna mess with your creation and i apologize for doing so.

The Glyphstone
2014-10-22, 04:03 PM
Personally, I think it's a little too complex/intricate for a Common-rarity card. A cheap Charge minion with a Battlecry: Your opponent draws a card; sort of like a reverse Dancing Swords, maybe a little weaker/cheaper because the drawback is up-front, is how I would have taken the concept into execution.

thirsting
2014-10-23, 05:21 PM
I agree, too complex. But I don't want to brute force it to fit this competition, because I like it as it is now, so I'm withdrawing it. If I may, here's another instead:

Talented Apprentice 2
Common Shaman Minion
Battlecry: Summon a 0/2 Taunting Totem.
2/1

She is prodigious. She also knows this, and keeps reminding you of the fact.

Taunting Totem is a ... surprise surprise, 0/2 with Taunt. This time I'm not trying to fix this by editing it a couple dozen times. :P Edit: Just once!

Gandariel
2014-10-24, 01:15 AM
Rules queation (and I swear I won't say anything about balance)

Would it stack with the Stone claw Totem? (Ie if you plat this minion, have it die, them use hero power, can you get the taunt one? )

thirsting
2014-10-24, 01:50 AM
Different name, different totem. So does not prevent the shaman heropowering stoneclaw in at the same time.

D-naras
2014-10-25, 12:53 PM
Poison Cake 2
Common Neutral Minion
Taunt
Poison Cake can't attack.
4/1
-Deadly and delicious. And that's no lie.

D-naras
2014-10-27, 06:20 AM
Every time I post a card in this thread, it suddenly dies. It's like a give it the kiss of death or something...:smallfrown:

Gandariel
2014-10-27, 06:49 AM
Tomorrow is judgment day anyways. ;)

D-naras
2014-10-28, 07:11 PM
Fixed my entry. I could have sworn I had that restriction to start with... :smalleek:

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-10-29, 12:55 AM
Judging...

Double Agent: I would actually like to see some version of this card, just for fun; I don't really care if it's sub-optimal or whatever. However, it still makes no sense to make such a minion at common. Imagine pulling, like, four of the dang things in the arena. Nobody wants that. ...usually.

Gandariel:Argent Squad Leader 3
Basic Paladin Minion

Whenever a friendly Silver Hand Recruit dies, draw a card.
2/4
I can't fault the direction you went with this one. Like the Priest's and Mage's 1-drops, this needs to be a Basic card simply because it changes the game so much that it's wrong to make any paladin player go without it for too long. Your post about it seemed defensive, but I can see why; my initial reaction is that it's just a much more efficient Cult Master or Starving Buzzard that doesn't die to Consecration... but, it is more narrow since it only works with recruits, so really it just retroactively raises the quality of the paladin hero power. All that remains to be asked is why a squad leader would actively encourage you to get her recruits killed...

CantigThimble:Holy Martyr 2
Paladin Common
Deathrattle: Add a minor blessing to your hand.
2/1
Don't you hate it when your package is delivered just after you needed it?
It's nice, but it still just feels like a modified loot hoarder. Well, actually, I might not be giving it enough credit; it's more like a mirror to the Hunter's naxxramas spider, which does a similar thing with beasts, except in this case you at least know about how much mana the blessing will cost, so it's much more reliable. Of course, for the same mana cost you can already get the equivalent of Hand of Protection immediately and for free. I think this might need to be modified to fit to a different mana cost slot before it finds its niche.

Glyphstone: Hozen Fruitflinger
Common Neutral Minion 2
2/2
Battlecry: Deal one damage to your opponent.
Deathrattle: Deal one damage to your opponent.

Ook you in the dooker!
It's... It's!... It's Leper Gnome with an extra hit point, and slightly less vulnerable to silence. As awesome as the Hozen theme is, I guess I'm just not as drawn in as I am for a few of these.

Thirstling: Talented Apprentice 2
Common Shaman Minion
Battlecry: Summon a 0/2 Taunting Totem.
2/1

She is prodigious. She also knows this, and keeps reminding you of the fact.
I... actually really like this. It's just a teensy weensy improvement on the stats from the one murloc because it adds taunt. It's easy enough to get rid of, but will usually end up eating at least some resource that your opponent would rather have directed elsewhere. And the totem, being a totem, can make some of the shaman's other, more crappy cards better. I actually wouldn't have minded making the token an actual stoneclaw totem; it would just mean that, if you wanted two, you would have to remember to use your hero power before dropping this rather than after, since the apprentice would still get it either way. Also, are novice shamans actually called apprentices? I think that's mages; she should probably be renamed to Totemist Adept or something like that.

D-Naras:Poison Cake 2
Common Neutral Minion
Taunt
Poison Cake can't attack.
4/1
-Deadly and delicious. And that's no lie.
I was actually considering you for victory until you added the second line. As 4/1 taunt for 2 is the right combination of simple of interesting for my purposes; I was just trying to decide whether it outclasses Magma Rager too much. Now, it certainly doesn't, and it's probably for the best since it doesn't make much sense for cake to get up and punch you in the face except as a metaphor for diabetes. It's just that having a Can't Attack minion at common seems a little icky to me.

This week's winner is:Thirstling's Talented Apprentice!

I admit that this beat out the Squad Leader mainly because of my more positive gut reaction to the card. They both have great interactions with their respective class' other abilities, but I guess I feel like totem synergy needs the help more than already-good-hero-power synergy does.

thirsting
2014-10-29, 03:18 AM
Win despite lore-fail. Woo.

It would be helpful if all the earlier competition parameters were cataloqued in the first post or something, so it'd be easier to come up with novel new ones.

For the next competition:
Blizzard has just announced* a new hero class, Death Knight. Design a basic card for the new hero, be it spell, minion, or weapon. DK's hero power sadly is yet to be announced... You have until November 5th.

Death Knights engage their foes up-close, supplementing swings of their weapons with dark magic that renders enemies vulnerable or damages them with unholy power. They drag foes into one-on-one conflicts, compelling them to focus their attacks away from weaker companions. To prevent their enemies from fleeing their grasp, death knights must remain mindful of the power they call forth from runes, and pace their attacks appropriately.

(From: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/class/death-knight)

*No, not really.

Keledrath
2014-10-29, 06:29 PM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/t/3x5Kpqe4.png

Frost Plague 3
Uncommon Death Knight Spell
Target Minion gains "At the beginning of each turn, this minions is frozen and takes 1 damage"

"The cold touch of the Lich King brings all to a slow death"

In other news, is this an actual thing Bliz announced, or just hypothetical?

EDIT: For clarification, yes, both the freeze and the damage trigger at the beginning of both players' turns.

thirsting
2014-10-30, 12:28 AM
Eh, sorry for the disappointment, but no. Fake announcement :smalltongue:

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-10-30, 02:06 PM
Hmm... examining how the class seems to work in WoW, it's going to be hard to come up with mechanics that don't just make it feel like a combination Paladin/Warlock/Frost Mage.

Well, every class has at least one board-clear card of some sort...

Death and Decay 5
Deathknight Spell (Basic)
Give all enemy minions -2/-2.

- This reduces their current and maximum attack and health: A lil' death, a lil' decay. This can reduce a minion's current health to 0 and kill it, but if you silence away the debuff on a survivor, it will get its two health back as well. Also note that this doesn't benefit from spell power at all.

But also, as a bonus:
Anti-Magic Zone 2
Deathknight Spell
A minion and the minions next to it can't be targets of spells or hero powers.

- Well, except this one, of course. I think it'll inspire the appropriate dread from opponents who will find getting rid of your Yeti or Feugen that much harder. I'm not making it my entry because I'm not sure it should be a basic card. It might just be too weird.

Keledrath
2014-10-30, 02:31 PM
Hmm... examining how the class seems to work in WoW, it's going to be hard to come up with mechanics that don't just make it feel like a combination Paladin/Warlock/Frost Mage.

Well, to be fair, if you mix bits and pieces of 3 classes, you tend to come up with something new. However, DKs tend to have a bit of a disease focus, which is a theme among WC undead. So that might help others with their ideas.

banthesun
2014-10-30, 11:18 PM
DKs tend to have a bit of a disease focus, which is a theme among WC undead.

Oh, this is interesting. Expect a silly card coming up soon!

D-naras
2014-10-31, 11:58 AM
Noxious Ghoul 3
Basic Dreadknight Minion
Infect
2/4
- These guys are the worst. They never cover their mouths.
Damage dealt to minions by card with infect reduces Attack as well as as Health.

banthesun
2014-11-01, 06:12 AM
Projectile Vomit 3
Basic Death Knight Spell
Reduce target minion's attack by 4.
Eww! Not on my watch!

http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv245/banthesun/KGRLjsKr_zps385f10a1.png
Apparently the card generator has a 'Death Knight' option for card colour. Huh. :smallconfused:

Hamste
2014-11-01, 10:56 AM
Projectile Vomit 3
Basic Death Knight Spell
Eww! Not on my watch!

http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv245/banthesun/KGRLjsKr_zps385f10a1.png
Apparently the card generator has a 'Death Knight' option for card colour. Huh. :smallconfused:

Humility is a card already and it is better than this in many cases.

thirsting
2014-11-05, 04:51 AM
It's Wednesday on my time zone, so judgement begins. Lazy judgement, I'm too tired and busy to give long in depth analysis for any individual card, sorry. And wouldn't be qualified to do it properly either. But anyway, all these cards feel fresh to me, even if stinky and putrid. They all could fit a Death Knight, and I could imagine using any of these in my own decks.

Frost Plague 3
Uncommon Death Knight Spell
Target Minion gains "At the beginning of each turn, this minions is frozen and takes 1 damage"

"The cold touch of the Lich King brings all to a slow death"

Disables most creatures completely, and forces to use silence to get rid of, so if you place this on a minion whose value comes from both special abilities and attack/health stats, this becomes a great resource eater.

Death and Decay 5
Deathknight Spell (Basic)
Give all enemy minions -2/-2.
Could be really powerful, especially against shamans. Nasty against anyone who likes to play a lot of small guys, or has no "Give x attack to all friendlies".

Noxious Ghoul 3
Basic Dreadknight Minion
Infect
2/4
- These guys are the worst. They never cover their mouths.

Damage dealt to minions by card with infect reduces Attack as well as as Health.
Neat effect - even if you can't manage to kill a big threat with this, the threat becomes much lesser. Give Noxious Ghoul an attack boost through spells or something, and suddenly it can neutralize a lot of big minions. Or become a silence bait, and remain somewhat useful after that, too.

Projectile Vomit 3
Basic Death Knight Spell

Eww! Not on my watch!

Paladin's humility drops damage to one, but this could drop it to zero, which might help keep your already damaged minions alive better than the paladin spell.

Tough choice. Whim says... Frost Plague by Keledrath. Really different from any existing spells. I like how it forces the enemy to expend his resources to get his minion back in fight. Silence gets rid of the Frost Plague, but also of any beneficial effects. Better counter might be giving it taunt somehow, actually, especially for big stat minions affected by this.

Could also be used on friendly Acolyte of pain sitting behind a taunt and some way to heal it, but eh...

Keledrath
2014-11-05, 06:01 PM
Wait, I won? I won?

Did not really see that coming.

Okay, now, a challenge...

Make a card based off of a major character from the Warcraft universe (Tyrande, King Varrian, Lorthemar, Vol'jin, etc). It must be a legendary (of course).

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-11-05, 07:55 PM
Make a card based off of a major character from the Warcraft universe.

Awesome! I've been playing the first few levels of WoW, and there was this one guy with a murloc leash-

...a major character...

Aw, butts. :smalltongue:

Keledrath
2014-11-05, 07:57 PM
awesome! I've been playing the first few levels of wow, and there was this one guy with a murloc leash-

i know this man. He counts.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-11-06, 01:01 AM
i know this man. He counts.

Well then, I guess my course is clear:

Sedrick Calston <4>
Legendary Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Gain control of an enemy Murloc, and give all your Murlocs Taunt.
http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/calle/black-knight/32/Sword-Right-icon.png3/http://greatjaipur.com/images/blood-icon.jpg6

Note: For this current version, not only do you get to pick the murloc to steal, but the stolen murloc gets taunt too.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/QFDhML62.png (http://achievementgen.com/hearthstone/)

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy murloc leashes.

Battlecry: "I'm so lonely..."

Deathrattle: "Forever Alone!" Q_Q

Hmm... We may need someone to draw Calston with a few pet Murlocs, so the connection makes more sense to players who aren't in on the joke.

CantigThimble
2014-11-07, 01:16 PM
Commander Garithos 4
Neutral Legendary
Deals double damage to heroes.
4/4

So Garithos is a pain in the butt, this ability is a pain in the butt, it fits! Also there are no 4 cost legends and this fits in the currently empty combo slot for warriors, rogues, shamans and even kinda paladins. (Blessed champion? Maybe? Kinda?)

Edit, buffed health to 4. Takes it out of removal/trade range usually and just makes it much harder to deal with, giving better combo opportunities. I should have balanced him with windfury in mind originally. I think 4/4 might be just over the top but it's tough to tell.

Edit 2: Ok 4/4, I should really be less indecisive with my entries :P.

Keledrath
2014-11-07, 10:21 PM
I like both of the submissions so far.

So Garithos is a pain in the butt, this ability is a pain in the butt, it fits! Also there are no 4 cost legends and this fits in the currently empty combo slot for warriors, rogues, shamans and even kinda paladins. (Blessed champion? Maybe? Kinda?)

That would explain why I wasn't coming up with any when I was trying to compare the good Doctor's submission with other 4 drop legendaries.

Also, as a side note, some of my friends took it upon themselves to come up with Yogg-Saron as a legendary. For anyone not aware, Yogg-Saron is the Old God of Madness. Here were some of our ideas.
11 mana 10/10, Battlecry: you win (joke idea, playable by Warlock, Shaman, and Rogue [Summoning Portal, Farsight, Shadowstep after being played from deck])
10 mana 4/12, Battlecry: All other minions become Faceless Manipulators (most balanced idea)
10 mana 1/20, Take control of any minion damaged by Yogg-Saron (I liked it until my friend reminded me that Inner Fire is a thing)

CantigThimble
2014-11-08, 10:37 AM
Don't forget about poor pint sized summoner!

Gandariel
2014-11-08, 03:14 PM
Also, as a side note, some of my friends took it upon themselves to come up with Yogg-Saron as a legendary. For anyone not aware, Yogg-Saron is the Old God of Madness. Here were some of our ideas.
11 mana 10/10, Battlecry: you win (joke idea, playable by Warlock, Shaman, and Rogue [Summoning Portal, Farsight, Shadowstep after being played from deck])
10 mana 4/12, Battlecry: All other minions become Faceless Manipulators (most balanced idea)
10 mana 1/20, Take control of any minion damaged by Yogg-Saron (I liked it until my friend reminded me that Inner Fire is a thing)

i won't compete here because i know zero about WoW, but i'll comment on some entries.

Murloc Stealer: 3/6 for 4 is solid and playable already. It's a bit like Harrison Jones, ok body with potentially amazing ability, but nobody really uses murlocs and weapons are actually used a lot. Giving taunt to murlocs is usually useless, since you just go to face and kill him ASAP.
Overall, a cute niche card.

The 3/3 4-drop which deals double damage to heroes: I personally think it's worse than Nightblade, since at least that guarantees some damage.
That thing gets played, and dies to a 2-drop or 2-drop spell.
Needs massive powerup to be decent. Also, it has nothing that says "legend"

Yogg-Saron.
battlecry: you win => joke idea. i mean, ok, it does make sense, i don't think it's a good mechanic to introduce.

4/12 All other minions become faceless. you mean they become vanilla 3/3s? I mean, i'd say it's much weaker than Deathwing. Just not an amazing card. It does have a nice effect, but i'd much rather prefer to kill everything else AND have a bigger impact on the board.

1/20 creature stealer: Inner fire is a gimmicky card and shouldn't change your opinion of this card (also because it takes two turns to do it). IMO it's just not that great. you play it, opponent can just ignore it for a turn since you didn't really affect the board yet. Then you steal one of his minions (and he can play taunts to ensure you don't get to choose). Then he can *still* ignore you for another turn. And THEN you win.

the turn you play it, it does nothing to save you. If it gets hard removed (or even stolen by Cabal!) you just wasted your entire turn.

I feel this is weaker than Mind Control, since that at least has an immeediate effect

Keledrath
2014-11-08, 09:53 PM
Vanilla 3/3s, my friends made the point that it doesn't nuke your own hand.

I actually left out that the 1/20 came with Taunt

Gandariel
2014-11-11, 04:29 PM
taunt does make it better (and even more silence/TBK bait). still not amazing IMO

Keledrath
2014-11-12, 09:16 AM
Well, officially judging will be tonight. I'm a little disappointed in the lack of submissions, so hopefully people have ideas and they've just been lazy.

Misothene
2014-11-12, 02:01 PM
Well, officially judging will be tonight. I'm a little disappointed in the lack of submissions, so hopefully people have ideas and they've just been lazy.

Personally, I just know nothing about Warcraft lore beyond Hearthstone, so it would have been pretty difficult to come up with an idea that met the challenge. I don't know how large a factor that may have been for others, but I imagine it may have played a part.

Gandariel
2014-11-12, 02:32 PM
Same here. Also, white text

D-naras
2014-11-12, 05:08 PM
Yeah, me too. This is the first time that I didn't submit a card.

Keledrath
2014-11-12, 06:28 PM
Sedrick Calston <4>
Legendary Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Gain control of an enemy Murloc, and give all your Murlocs Taunt.
http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/calle/black-knight/32/Sword-Right-icon.png3/http://greatjaipur.com/images/blood-icon.jpg

Okay, I love the flavor here, and it adds a degree of strat to murloc v murloc (which is one of the funniest match ups imo). However, it is a little powerful, I think. 3/6 for 4 isn't bad, with a Hungry Crab+ effect.

Commander Garithos 4
Neutral Legendary
Deals double damage to heroes.
4/4

Again, great choice. The effect sounds very Garithos. Personally, I would have probably made him a 4/3, since he has a lot of synergy with buffs (double effectiveness from buffs). But my friends and I ran the numbers, and a Warrior cannot get a 30-0 kill from empty board with him (charge+buffs), which puts him at just good.

And the winner is...

CantigThimble

CantigThimble
2014-11-12, 07:17 PM
They actually can pull off an OTK with charge, inner rage x2, rampage, abusive sarge but warriors can already do that with worgen and that combo is easier to pull off because warsong commander/deaths bite and still never reaches high ranks.

Next challenge:Make a card that uses an enemy's cards for your benefit!. Examples include mind controls, faceless, unleash the hounds, Cho, Harrison Jones ect. Anything that gives you more cards in hand, more life or more creatures on board because your opponent cast something.

Keledrath
2014-11-12, 07:19 PM
Derp, I forgot to factor in you raising it to 4/4.

thirsting
2014-11-13, 06:06 AM
Master Pickpocket 2
Epic Roque Minion
Stealth. Gain a Coin when ever an enemy minion is summoned.
1/2

"They won't even notice something has gone missing."

(Coin is the same card you get when going second. This might net you a plenty of those)

D-naras
2014-11-13, 10:45 AM
New Moon Drake 4
Rare Neutral Minion
Battlecry: gain +1 attack for each card in your opponent's hand.
1/4
-now 50% sparklier

I seriously put out all the stops in creativity for this one.

Weimann
2014-11-15, 08:51 AM
Instigate Revolt (3 Mana)
Rare Rogue Spell
Force a random enemy minion to attack the enemy hero.

CantigThimble
2014-11-21, 10:33 AM
Master Pickpocket 2
Epic Roque Minion
Stealth. Gain a Coin when ever an enemy minion is summoned.
1/2

"They won't even notice something has gone missing."

(Coin is the same card you get when going second. This might net you a plenty of those)

This card is interesting, it is certainly very powerful, it can potentially let you play 1 turn ahead like a wild growth while also making combo active almost constantly. It could certainly be a powerful tool for miracle style rogues. I might have made it a 2/2 without stealth just so your opponent has a chance to try to deal with it before it gets out of hand.

New Moon Drake 4
Rare Neutral Minion
Battlecry: gain +1 attack for each card in your opponent's hand.
1/4
-now 50% sparklier

I seriously put out all the stops in creativity for this one.

Ok, nothing special, probably going to average a 4/4 or 5/4 except against aggro or hyper control. One problem is it's strongest matchup, handlock, has soulfire.

Instigate Revolt (3 Mana)
Rare Rogue Spell
Force a random enemy minion to attack the enemy hero.

This is a decent effect but is overcosted, I would either make it targeted or decrease the cost. There just aren't many matchups where you can afford a card just to hit face and if it could just make a sludge belcher or something hit them then it becomes pretty weak. Neat idea though!

I'm going to go with Thirsting and Master Pickpocket, it's interesting, powerful and I like it.

thirsting
2014-11-21, 12:40 PM
How about... hmmm.. Cards that change the rules somehow? Something like Nozdormu (turns take only 15 seconds) or Shadowform (Priest's hero power becomes "deal 2 damage").

Design a spell or minion that changes how the game works.

CantigThimble
2014-11-21, 01:29 PM
Howling Banshee 3
Neutral Epic
Each players maximum hand size is 7.
2/4

This will not make you discard when played if you have more than 7 cards in hand when it is played but will burn all your draws until you have 6 or fewer in hand. This is here to help mill strats by making it much easier to burn cards. It's not a legendary for that reason, it's the core of the strategy.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-11-23, 02:44 AM
Yogg-Saron 8
Legendary Neutral Minion
Can't be the target of spells or hero powers.
You don't take fatigue damage.
1/16

D-naras
2014-11-23, 05:13 AM
Millhouse Reloaded 6
Legendary Neutral Minion
Battlecry: If Milhouse is alive during your next turn, your spells cost 0 during that turn.
4/4
-Hey sweetcheeks, how you like me now?

Gandariel
2014-11-24, 05:38 AM
Rephrase to "at the start of your turn gain " your spells cost 0 until EOT"?

- - - Updated - - -

Recombobulator V2 3
Rare neutral minion
Whenever you use your hero power, refresh it and replace it with a random one.
2/4

thirsting
2014-11-24, 12:40 PM
Could someone else do the judging please, in a couple days from now? I can't. Sorry.

Weimann
2014-11-29, 07:57 AM
Well, if no one else wants to judge, I suppose I can do it, question mark? :smallbiggrin:

Howling Banshee 3
Neutral Epic
2/4

This will not make you discard when played if you have more than 7 cards in hand when it is played but will burn all your draws until you have 6 or fewer in hand. This is here to help mill strats by making it much easier to burn cards. It's not a legendary for that reason, it's the core of the strategy.I really like this idea. It clearly changes the "basic rules" of the game in a creative way, as the theme for the round stated, and it helps set up situation where a mill trick can be beneficial without as much effort as has traditionally been required. Even outside a mill deck it can be useful: a Gnomish Inventor is a 2/4 and draw a card for 4, and if played at the right moment this can be the same except it destroys at least one card for your opponent.

Yogg-Saron 8
Legendary Neutral Minion
1/16Hm, it has an interesting effect, but how many games really go to fatigue? Also, the stats make it awkward to play on turn 8, where almost no minions will have one health. He's pretty hard to remove with the health and spell immunity, but then again, he's not really a threat either. A 4/12 would have been much scarier, I think.

Millhouse Reloaded 6
Legendary Neutral Minion
Battlecry: If Milhouse is alive during your next turn, your spells cost 0 during that turn.
4/4
-Hey sweetcheeks, how you like me now?Bit of a complicated effect, and not entirely easy to express in established system terms. I like the idea, though, but it might be a bit overpowered. Even with the grace period, it's a really strong effect to have your spells cost 0. An opponent that can't deal with Millhouse on their next turn is likely dead. I'd maybe buff his body a bit and nerf the effect.

Recombobulator V2 3
Rare neutral minion
2/4Heh, that's a pretty cool idea, and it fits with the theme of the new expansion. Pretty useful too, as if I read it right, the player would be able to spend their entire mana pool on sundry small effects that none the less affects the board without spending additional cards. Now I kind of want to see this. I'm sure it'd be hilarious.

It really came down between Recombobulator V2 and Howling Banshee for me here. While I genuinely think the Recombobulator V2 would facilitate some great games, I kid of have to go with the Howling Banshee, since it's an all-around interesting card that I could actually see getting published. Congratulations, CantigThimble!

thirsting
2014-11-29, 08:35 AM
No one else wants to do this? Guess I have to, now that I'm able again. Sorry you had to wait for so long. And sorry, too, for the quality of my "analysis".... :smallsigh:

Howling Banshee 3
Neutral Epic
2/4

I'm surprised something like this is not in the game already, really.

Maybe I have not met enough of these "millers" yet, but a limit of 7 doesn't sound like that big a deal to me. Would halved hand size be too much?

Yogg-Saron 8
Legendary Neutral Minion
1/16

Non-targetable, but could be circumvented with battlecry-silence... Or made into super-blocker with Defender of Argus or something.

I like the ability in principle, but games very rarely end so late for this to be of much use, and health that big seems ... I don't know. Troubling. But would need to be big of course, for it to be of any use for exhaustion strategies.

Millhouse Reloaded 6
Legendary Neutral Minion
4/4
-Hey sweetcheeks, how you like me now?

Cost down a little bit, and I'd try it in some spell heavy deck for sure. At the very least it could be used to draw fire away from other targets.

Recombobulator V2 3
Rare neutral minion
2/4

So you could use different hero powers 3, 4 or even 5 times a turn? And be stuck with what ever it was when the Recombobulator dies? Nicely ties with the random themed GvG.

Gandariel. Randomness that is interesting and possibly very useful, but still not too easily abusable for power. Nope, sorry. Pony ninja got here first

CantigThimble
2014-11-29, 01:33 PM
Thanks Judge(s)!
For the next challenge: Make a niche card! By this I mean a card that will make some previously unreliable strategy more possible, or just something you wish you had for a specific purpose.

I'm trying to come up with more open challenges to see if we can get more people regularly entering into these!

thirsting
2014-12-01, 03:23 AM
Ogre Gatekeeper 6
Rare Neutral Minion
Deal 2 damage to enemy hero when ever any player draws a card.
5/6

"Pay toll! Or club in face! Maybe club in face anyways!"

Something to discourage enemy card draw. Quaranteed 2 damage, 4 if it survives until next turn.

Gandariel
2014-12-01, 05:23 AM
Whoa!
Really neat card.
I see some big damage potential here...

Murloc Carddrawdude is an 8 damage shot, Naturalize does 4, Circle of Healing+Northshire does a LOT.

Not sure if it's too much. I would say it probably is.

Coming up with my card, btw

cha0s4a11
2014-12-03, 11:51 PM
Diplomat 3
Epic Neutral Minion
No minion may attack.
At the start of your turn, this minion takes 1 damage.
0/4
"I'm sure that we can come to a peaceful solution to this conflict that is fair and equitable to all parties involved."

ImperatorV
2014-12-04, 12:07 AM
Diplomat 3
Epic Neutral Minion
No minion may attack.
0/4
"I'm sure that we can come to a peaceful solution to this conflict that is fair and equitable to all parties involved."

GG aggro decks.

I could, however, see this as a paladin card. They need the help against aggro and it fits the class theme.

Gandariel
2014-12-04, 05:26 AM
Token paladin support!!

Bannered weapon 3
Rare Paladin Spell

Give your weapon: "Whenever you attack, give your minions +1/+1".

"Nothing inspires troops more than a leader who is ready to stand in the front line.

Usually gives out 2 buffs, absurd combo with Muster for Battle, but conditional.
Might be a bit too strong, but remember that if the opponent clears you early, you can't swing with your sword to avoid wasting the buff, and it does take time to add up.

Weimann
2014-12-06, 03:57 PM
Entropic Eye (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=20868) (5 mana)
Rare Neutral Minion
Choose one: Look at your opponent's two next cards; OR destroy your opponent's next card.
3/5
If it doesn't like what it sees, you'll know.

I like the concept of mill decks, so here's some help to pull it off. To clarify, you either get to see the top two cards or destroy the top one, unseen.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-12-06, 10:54 PM
Contingency Plan <3>
Mage Spell - Epic
Secret: When another one of your secrets is revealed, re-cast it.

The behavior is that it happens right after the first other triggered secret resolves, at which point that secret is replaced with a fresh copy. This allows you to counter two spells in a turn, for example, when normally you can't have two of the same secret up at the same time. As neat little bonus, it'll also trigger Mana Wurm and such since you are, "casting," the backup secret.

Mages love it when a plan comes together.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/codQx6k7.png (http://achievementgen.com/hearthstone/)

Gandariel
2014-12-07, 11:53 AM
Since this card is useless on its own AND you give your opponent an advantage (he knows what's the secret he has to play around), i kinda feel this should cost 2. Cool idea, though.

Hamste
2014-12-07, 12:28 PM
Since this card is useless on its own AND you give your opponent an advantage (he knows what's the secret he has to play around), i kinda feel this should cost 2. Cool idea, though.

It can't and still be a mage secret though. All secrets have to cost the same or people will use the mana cost to divine which is which.

CantigThimble
2014-12-07, 12:36 PM
Ogre Gatekeeper 6
Rare Neutral Minion
Deal 2 damage to enemy hero when ever any player draws a card.
5/6

"Pay toll! Or club in face! Maybe club in face anyways!"

Something to discourage enemy card draw. Quaranteed 2 damage, 4 if it survives until next turn.

Right now this isn't so much a way to discourage card draw as a win condition for miracle decks. If it only affected enemy card draw it might be reasonable (it does have good stats after all) but as is this is just too strong. Interesting idea though.

Diplomat 3
Epic Neutral Minion
No minion may attack.
0/4
The problem with this kind of effect is that it is INCREDIBLY frustrating to play against. Perhaps if it had Battlecry: freeze all characters, or was destroyed at the end of your next turn or something? Right now it's too easy to make it impossible for your opponent to anything.

Token paladin support!!

Bannered weapon 3
Rare Paladin Spell

Give your weapon: "Whenever you attack, give your minions +1/+1".

"Nothing inspires troops more than a leader who is ready to stand in the front line.

Usually gives out 2 buffs, absurd combo with Muster for Battle, but conditional.
Might be a bit too strong, but remember that if the opponent clears you early, you can't swing with your sword to avoid wasting the buff, and it does take time to add up.
This is a reasonable card with good potential. It is a bit slow though and it basically needs to be used with muster or coghammer to be worth it. (Sword of Justice kinda works but it loses a lot of charges while your building up a board). Its hard for me to guess the power level of this card but it is cool.

Entropic Eye (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=20868) (5 mana)
Rare Neutral Minion
Choose one: Look at your opponent's two next cards; OR destroy your opponent's next card.
3/5
If it doesn't like what it sees, you'll know.

I like the concept of mill decks, so here's some help to pull it off. To clarify, you either get to see the top two cards or destroy the top one, unseen.
Cool idea but I think the cost should be 4 mana, this doesn't do much to help you unless you actually get your opponent to fatigue and 5 mana is kinda a lot. Otherwise, pretty decent, at a better cost I could see it getting played just for the information. Good card.

Contingency Plan <3>
Mage Spell - Epic
Secret: When another one of your secrets is revealed, re-cast it.

The behavior is that it happens right after the first other triggered secret resolves, at which point that secret is replaced with a fresh copy. This allows you to counter two spells in a turn, for example, when normally you can't have two of the same secret up at the same time. As neat little bonus, it'll also trigger Mana Wurm and such since you are, "casting," the backup secret.

Mages love it when a plan comes together.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/codQx6k7.png (http://achievementgen.com/hearthstone/)
This is a really cool idea. I would expect this from decks that run ice block mostly but I could see a lot of potential for others as well, very cool card!

There sere a few good entries this week but I'll go with Dr.Gunsforhands with Contingency plan. It's a very flexible niche card and seems like it would be pretty fun!

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-12-08, 01:00 AM
Goblins vs. Gnomes is coming out!

Quick! Make a Mech card!

thirsting
2014-12-08, 02:57 AM
Springloaded Camouflageobot 4
Common Neutral Minion
Stealth
Mech
6/2

One more step closer, one more step, and THEN ...

Keledrath
2014-12-08, 08:49 AM
Blingtron 5000 7 Legendary
Battlecry: Destroy all Blingtron 3000s and gain +2/+2 for each destroyed
Mech
6/6

Blingtron is a craftable item from the Engineering profession. 3000 was from Cataclysm (I believe), and 5000 is from Warlords of Draenor. All Blingtrons provide a daily quest where they give you a loot box. However, 5000 has a thing where it will destroy any other nearby Blingtrons and become more powerful, giving better rewards than normal.

Battlecry: Destroy all Legendary Mechs and gain +1/+1 for each destroyed
Mech
6/6

Gandariel
2014-12-08, 09:23 AM
Mecha-announcer 5
Epic neutral minion
Whenever a minion is played, cast a random 1-mana spell on it.
4/3

He had this thing where he said "Introduciiiiiing....." and pointed his mike towards the newcomer, but someone messed with his mike.

So, here is the " reasonable " minion I was discussing with Frog Dragon.
This is obviously meant to be a joke card, since it pretty much f**ks the game up.

Interesting spells you can drop on minions are:

Positive => Blessing of Might / Wisdom, Hand of Protection, Cold Blood, PW:S
Negative: Frost/earth shock, Arcane shot, Lightning bolt, Soulfire, Corruption, Naturalize, Power Overwhelming, execute(which WOULD work, since it works on Spellbender ).

--------
More serious entry:
Junkyard Scrapper 3
Rare neutral minion - Mech
whenever a Mech dies, put a Spare Part in your hand.
2/4

Clink, clink, clink, another one bites the dust!

Frog Dragon
2014-12-08, 03:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Wo0jATu.png

Automated Apprentice 5
Rare Mage Minion
At the end of your turn, cast a random mage spell (targeted at a random enemy if applicable).
Mech
4/3

This mech was marketed as a replacement for bumbling apprentices.

To clarify stuff I couldn't reasonably fit in the card text. This thing won't break targeting restrictions, so it won't flamecannon the face or anything. Other than that, it does whatever.

Gandariel tried to get me to make a card that "makes sense" and "works". To that I say, NAY! Away with you, foul spirit of reason and logic! Stupid shall reign today! *flings ice lances around*

D-naras
2014-12-09, 08:27 AM
Transformer 5
Rare Neutral Minion
Choose one: Charge or +2 health and can't be the target of spells or abilities.
Mech
4/3

Obviously the car form has charge and the autobot version is tough.

cha0s4a11
2014-12-12, 09:16 PM
Blasted Bucket of Bolts 4
Rare Neutral Minion
Whenever a Spare Part is used on this minion, gain +1/+1 and a random Spare Part in hand.
Mech
2/3

Some assembly required. May pose a choking hazard for children.

Gandariel
2014-12-13, 07:53 AM
Rare Neutral Minion
Whenever a Spare Part is used on this minion, gain +1/+1 and a random Spare Part in hand.
Mech
2/3

So you can *chain* it? holy cow. I mean ok, there's the freezing one and the return-to-hand one, but...

I suppose it's a weak play anyways (4+x mana for a 2+x/3+x with maybe a few plusses isn't amazing)
but if survives a turn it pretty much wrecks everything

cha0s4a11
2014-12-13, 04:22 PM
So you can *chain* it? holy cow. I mean ok, there's the freezing one and the return-to-hand one, but...

I suppose it's a weak play anyways (4+x mana for a 2+x/3+x with maybe a few plusses isn't amazing)
but if survives a turn it pretty much wrecks everything

Unless you get more than 3 armor plating/+1 attack spare parts, this thing will always fail the Vanilla test.
The chain will be weakened by Freeze (can't attack) and broken by time rewinder (+1/+1 is useless if it gets returned to your hand).
If you are intending to hide this behind Taunt, then the taunt part also weakens/breaks the chain.

Can be countered by any minion kill spell, poly/hex, anything that gains based on opponent casting spells, silence, etc.

The main way I can see exploiting this involves a Gadgetzan Auctioneer, but only as long as unproblematic parts that don't break the chain show up.

Epinephrine_Syn
2014-12-14, 06:05 PM
Here's my submission, and I hope it's not too overbearing, though I think the idea is at least neat.

Black Onyx Heart
Epic Warlock Mech Minion
4 Mana
0/4 Statline

All minions have the Demon sub-type added to their other subtypes, if any. Creatures that have multiple unique sub-types gain +1/1.

Trivia: Effects that specifically effect Demons will effect minions given this sub-type. A minion that is a Demon/Demon will receive the benefit once for each sub-type (IE, a unit that is a Demon/Demon will receive Mal'Ganis +2/2 aura twice, for a +4/4. Or receive Demonheart Boost twice, for a +10/10.

In addition, all minions are now targetable by Sacrificial Pact.

This creature is a 1/5 when considering the buff it applies to itself.

Gandariel
2014-12-14, 08:04 PM
Here's my submission, and I hope it's not too overbearing, though I think the idea is at least neat.

Black Onyx Heart
Epic Warlock Mech Minion
4 Mana
0/4 Statline

All minions have the Demon sub-type added to their other subtypes, if any. Creatures that have multiple unique sub-types gain +1/1.

Trivia: Effects that specifically effect Demons will effect minions given this sub-type. A minion that is a Demon/Demon will receive the benefit once for each sub-type (IE, a unit that is a Demon/Demon will receive Mal'Ganis +2/2 aura twice, for a +4/4. Or receive Demonheart Boost twice, for a +10/10.

In addition, all minions are now targetable by Sacrificial Pact.

This creature is a 1/5 when considering the buff it applies to itself.

Ok, so, i have a few quibbles with this card, but most of them are thematics- related:

First, i don't get why this would be a mech (or a creature, for that matter). Onyx heart looks like an artifact, a gem, maybe a magical or cursed warlock thing.
Also, i really don't get how and why this works: it's a mech-demon, which only gives bonuses to Beasts, Mechs, Dragons and Murlocs, but not other Demons? and Demons become double-demons, which does nothing unless you also get other thematic cards?

Also, the card feels weak. yeah, Sacrifical pact becomes absurdly strong. but 1/5 for 4? that buffs enemies?

There are a few semantics issues as well, but i really don't care about those.

Overall the card needs a rework, but the idea behind it is solid. it just needs to be portrayed in a different way: What do you want to emphasize? the fact that everyone is a demon? the fact that it buffs your demons?

I could see a card with "every minion is a demon" on its text box, with the theoretical assumption that more demon-related cards get printed.
Or, i could see a general Demon-buffer, sort of a smaller Mal'ganis.

thirsting
2014-12-17, 07:18 AM
Judgement? Making new cards is the creative content of my life. Need a fix. Nao.

Frog Dragon
2014-12-17, 07:58 AM
Judgement? Making new cards is the creative content of my life. Need a fix. Nao.

*Bashes fists into the table*

Judgement! Judgement! Judgement! :smalltongue:

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-12-17, 07:42 PM
I'm on it! I forget why I put it off yesterday.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-12-17, 09:55 PM
Springloaded Camouflageobot 4
Common Neutral Minion
Stealth
Mech
6/2

One more step closer, one more step, and THEN ...

Simple, effective, hard to tell whether it's actually too good at what it does. I guess it dies to consecrate, but if it doesn't it's better at its job than the one 7/4 assassin, which is already pretty good. Not super exciting or anything, but that just means you've seen me judge before.:smalltongue:

...if it's spring-loaded, shouldn't it have charge? Or maybe have something to do with traps?

Battlecry: Destroy all Blingtron 3000s and gain +2/+2 for each destroyed
Mech
6/6

Blingtron is a craftable item from the Engineering profession. 3000 was from Cataclysm (I believe), and 5000 is from Warlords of Draenor. All Blingtrons provide a daily quest where they give you a loot box. However, 5000 has a thing where it will destroy any other nearby Blingtrons and become more powerful, giving better rewards than normal.

Battlecry: Destroy all Legendary Mechs and gain +1/+1 for each destroyed
Mech
6/6

...yeah, I guess I'm just not feeling this one. It's delightfully silly, but the other blingtron is already legendary! That's more blizzard's fault than yours, but you could have just gone more toward the hungry crab route, maybe? Or just get the bonus without breaking everything? I'm not even sure.

Mecha-announcer 5
Epic neutral minion
Whenever a minion is played, cast a random 1-mana spell on it.
4/3

He had this thing where he said "Introduciiiiiing....." and pointed his mike towards the newcomer, but someone messed with his mike.

--------
More serious entry:
Junkyard Scrapper 3
Rare neutral minion - Mech
whenever a Mech dies, put a Spare Part in your hand.
2/4
Clink, clink, clink, another one bites the dust!

The announcer is cool, but its particular brand of randomness doesn't seem to match up with its effect. If it gave each played creature a specific buff, even if it's not that unusual, it would still be plenty entertaining just to hear this little guy's sound effects.

The scrapper's fine. I'd probably have made it trigger off of other friendly mechs specifically, but there's an argument to be made wither way. The existence of the minion that gets +2/+2 under the same circumstances makes this less exciting, but honestly I like this version better. I do suspect that it's too efficient at what it does, though; it deserves to be cheaper than cult master, but not necessarily so much tougher.

http://i.imgur.com/Wo0jATu.png

Automated Apprentice 5
Rare Mage Minion
At the end of your turn, cast a random mage spell (targeted at a random enemy if applicable).
Mech
4/3

This mech was marketed as a replacement for bumbling apprentices.

To clarify stuff I couldn't reasonably fit in the card text. This thing won't break targeting restrictions, so it won't flamecannon the face or anything. Other than that, it does whatever.

Gandariel tried to get me to make a card that "makes sense" and "works". To that I say, NAY! Away with you, foul spirit of reason and logic! Stupid shall reign today! *flings ice lances around*

Eeeeeek. I shouldn't be upset that it's tough to implement, but the very real chance of just doming your opponent for ten off of this can swing the game too quickly for this to work properly. Putting the spell cards in your hand, and maybe making them cost less, might be a better way of going about it.

Transformer 5
Rare Neutral Minion
Choose one: Charge or +2 health and can't be the target of spells or abilities.
Mech
4/3

Obviously the car form has charge and the autobot version is tough.

...okay, I like this one. My one quibble is that it should probably just be a druid card, as thus far that's the only class with these choice mechanics... at which point it's pretty much a mechanical version of Druid of the Claw, huh?

Rare Neutral Minion
Mech
2/3

This thing could have been a 2-drop without the cycling ability. Not sure why it isn't. Heck, a 1-drop version of this wouldn't be out of the question, but it depends on which direction you really want to go with it; you could also move toward the Questing Adventurer angle and make it really expensive but trigger regardless of where the part is going. The idea behind this card is neat, but the way it'll actually work as-is is kind of clunky.

Black Onyx Heart
Epic Warlock Mech Minion
4 Mana
0/4 Statline

I feel like you could have done this more simply... "All minions are demons." Possibly, "Even the ones in players' hands and decks." You'd have to describe the intricacies of the behavior as an aside, but the card text is allowed to be the short version.

Actually picking one of these was pretty tough, because there are a number of entries I like about equally...

While the concept is already kind of eclipsed by the existing Junkbot, Gandariel's Junkyard Scrapper approaches the theme in a way that's both sensible and entertaining, with the random nature of the spare parts providing sufficient mechanical silliness for my purposes. Yeah, the cost or statline might need tweaking, but I don't have any big conceptual issues to worry about.

Gandariel
2014-12-18, 05:37 AM
Yee Haw!

Next contest is...

Make a card that has something to do with positioning!

examples: Betrayal, Explosive Shot, Cone of Cold, Defender of Argus, Flametongue totem, Reaper 4000.

I feel if there were more positioning-based attacks and minions some more cool options would be created.

I could even see stuff like a 0/4 Stealth for 1, which only messes with those attacks.

thirsting
2014-12-18, 06:08 AM
Oh dammit. None of the cards I thought up beforehand fit positioning theme..

Lazy Peons 2
Common Neutral Minion
Gain 2 attack for each minion next to this one.
0/3

If there's no one keeping 'em in check, these guys will do anything to avoid work.

Remember the WoW quest in orc starting area where you had to hit the sleeping peons to wake them up and make them get back to work? This card is about those guys.
To clarify, with one other minion this becomes a 2/3. With two others, one on each side, a 4/3.

This one card represents several peons. Can't remember any existing card representing more than one creature in Hearthstone though (not counting deathrattle or battlecry summons of course).. feels like this would break some unwritten rule.

CarpeGuitarrem
2014-12-18, 07:04 PM
Hey, this could be fun! Just throwing this out 'cuz. Random idea.

(2) Acolyte of Deception
Rare Priest Minion
When this minion is attacked, the attacker has a 50% chance of attacking a random adjacent minion instead.
3/2

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e96/Curubethion/PriestAcolyteDeception-1.png

Because troll priest is troll. I'm not sure that Priest keeps enough minions on the board to make this worthwhile, but eh. Worth a shot.

CantigThimble
2014-12-18, 07:35 PM
Arrogant Warlord 4
Neutral Epic
Battlecry: Adjacent minions gain can't attack.
6/6

Anxe
2014-12-18, 07:53 PM
Sound the Alarm 5
Epic Paladin Spell
Target friendly minion and the minions next to it are transformed into Alarm-o-bots.

Jormengand
2014-12-19, 10:23 AM
May as well have a go...

Divergent Flame 4
Epic Mage Spell
Choose a minion and deal 4 damage to each minion next to it.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/etEX6ZTg.png

If I could actually draw, I'd have a picture of the flames going either side of a minion with a "Phew" look on its face. :smallbiggrin:

Gandariel
2014-12-19, 12:34 PM
Nitpick: is it rare (as written) or epic( as shown in the purple gem in the image)?

Anyways, i'm happy to see already so many great ideas! :D

Xefas
2014-12-20, 01:17 AM
I'm reading through this thread right now. Hopefully no one has already used this spell name for something.

Living Bomb 6
Rare Mage Spell
Turn a minion into a Living Bomb, giving it "Deathrattle: Deal 5 damage to adjacent minions." At the end of your opponent's turn, a Living Bomb deals 2 damage to minions adjacent to it.

http://i.imgur.com/aBMDNLc.png

AgentPaper
2014-12-20, 01:32 AM
Been far too long since I pitched in a card:

Artillery Strike 4
Rare Hunter Spell
Your minions deal their damage to the minion in front of them.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/t/ry2lW7Rn.png (http://achievementgen.com/hearthstone/)

If you and your opponent's minions are off-center from each other, your minions deal their damage to the minion on the right that's in front of them. If you have more minions than your opponent, some of your minions might not have a minion in front of them, in which case they do nothing.

Divergent Flame 4
Epic Mage Spell
Deal 4 damage to each minion next to a minion.

Not sure if you meant it to work this way or not, but currently it sounds like the way this works is that it deals 4 damage to all minions, unless you or your opponent has exactly one minion.

Living Bomb 6
Rare Mage Spell
Turn a minion into a Living Bomb, giving it "Deathrattle: Deal 5 damage to adjacent minions." At the end of your opponent's turn, a Living Bomb deals 2 damage to minions adjacent to it.

Always glad to see more people joining the fun! Some friendly advice, though: You're making a pretty common beginner mistake here by trying to have a card do more things at once than it needs to be. A simpler, and likely more interesting way of wording your card would be: "Target minion gains, "Deathratte: Deal 5 damage to adjacent minions."

Xefas
2014-12-20, 02:22 AM
Always glad to see more people joining the fun! Some friendly advice, though: You're making a pretty common beginner mistake here by trying to have a card do more things at once than it needs to be. A simpler, and likely more interesting way of wording your card would be: "Target minion gains, "Deathratte: Deal 5 damage to adjacent minions."

I appreciate the welcome. I do think it's a lot of text to put on a card - the more Hearthstoney thing to do would be to just say "Turn a minion into a Living Bomb." and don't explain anything beyond that, as in the case of things like Animal Companion. If Animal Companion actually explained what it did, it would probably receive complaints for being too complex (especially for a basic card). Maybe? I dunno.

If you don't mind spending a little extra time educating me: I'm curious, if you were going to cut one of the two effects, why would it be the small constant AoE, as opposed to the Deathrattle? I would think the AoE would create a more interesting situation - the opponent is incentivized to destroy their bomb-minion, and you're incentivized to keep it alive as long as possible for maximum value. Which also seems a bit more Mage-like, with all them freezes and such.

Jormengand
2014-12-20, 07:18 AM
Not sure if you meant it to work this way or not, but currently it sounds like the way this works is that it deals 4 damage to all minions, unless you or your opponent has exactly one minion.

Because Hearthstone doesn't use Magic's "Target creature" wording, and says "A minion" instead, it's actually hard to make it obvious what it does (I suppose I could literally write "Choose a minion and deal 4 damage to each minion next to it"?)

Gandariel
2014-12-20, 08:04 AM
So, I'm not gonna say anything about the cards for obvious reasons, but I'll point out a couple wording issues, because wording is a stupid way to have your card penalized, and I'd rather have the competition be fair.

Xefax, however you choose your card to be, the correct wording is:
Give a minion: "stuff".

"Turn a minion in a Living Bomb" would work too, but it feels a bit less correct since you're not really turning him into something else, just giving it an ability (also if you shorten the text you can just fit it into the card). But still, it's fine.
And glad to have you on board!!

Jormengard : yeah, correct wording is probably " choose a minion. Deal 4 damage to the minions next to it."

Anxe
2014-12-20, 06:01 PM
Artillery Strike is a bit strong. It has the potential to be a board wipe for free. I'd just up the mana cost on it. Right now its even better than Cobra Shot which is 5 mana. 6 or 7 mana should work?

Gandariel
2014-12-20, 06:11 PM
Cobra shot is an awful card, and its effect has nothing to do with yours. Not really seeing the comparison here.

You're better off comparing it to AoEs and Bloodlust (for the conditional nature)

AgentPaper
2014-12-20, 06:14 PM
Artillery Strike is a bit strong. It has the potential to be a board wipe for free. I'd just up the mana cost on it. Right now its even better than Cobra Shot which is 5 mana. 6 or 7 mana should work?

I think you meant Explosive shot? At any rate, you're over-estimating Artillery Strike. Sure, it can sometimes be a board wipe (for 4 mana and a card, not free), but it could just as easily be a dead card as you have no creatures to strike with, or not enough to do anything useful, at least. Explosive Shot, on the other hand, always does the same thing and doesn't require you to have a solid board presence for it to be useful.

Eneder
2014-12-20, 07:02 PM
Temple Guard 4
Rare Priest Minion
Whenever this minion deals damage, heal adjecent minions for that much damage.
2/5

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-12-20, 11:31 PM
Hurricane (http://www.wowwiki.com/Hurricane) 3
Common Druid Spell
Choose one: Distribute 5 damage to the leftmost enemy minions; or to the rightmost enemy minions.

This card uses the Druid's, "choose one," mechanic to pick left or right; when the option comes up, the art on the right-blowing version of the spell card can just be a mirror-image of the left-blowing one for fun.

The behavior here is that it counts out the damage one at a time until it kills the minion furthest to the chosen side, then moves on to the next one and so forth. The special effects seem like they'd be cool, too: a wind blows from the side of the board, pelting minions on that side with rocks and wisps of silver-green air.

There are a lot of situations where the choice doesn't really matter, but it would be pretty effective against Harvest Golem and friends.

If you think a Hurricane is coming, the safest place to go is right between two big fat guys.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/dY3IJkEJ.png (http://achievementgen.com/hearthstone/)

cha0s4a11
2014-12-21, 09:48 PM
Eyepatch Pete 4
Epic Rogue Minion
When attacking an enemy minion deal no damage to that minion.
Instead, deal damage to the minions next to that minion.
Pirate
3/5
Pete? He's a great fighter, don't get me wrong, but his depth perception just ain't what it used to be.

Examples:
If Pete attacks the center enemy in the following line (each represented by [Attack/Health]):
[2/4][4/5][0/3]
[3/5 Pete]
Then the net result will be the following:
[2/1][4/5][DEAD]
[3/1 Pete]
If Pete instead attacks the rightmost enemy of that line, the result would instead be:
[2/4][4/2][0/3]
[3/5 Pete]

If Pete attacks a minion which is the only enemy minion on the field, Pete will do no damage. If that minion has a divine shield, that shield will remain afterwards.
Basically, think Foe Reaper except does no damage to the minion he's attacking.

D-naras
2014-12-22, 10:23 AM
The Ol'Switcheroo 3
Rare Rogue Spell
Switch a minion's attack with the health of the minion to its left and its health with the attack of the minion to its right.

Clarification: If there is no minion to a particular side then no change takes place for that side.

Anxe
2014-12-22, 02:26 PM
Temple Guard 4
Rare Priest Minion
2/5

Might want to add in "allied adjacent units." It could be interpreted as healing the minions next to what it attacked.

Gandariel
2014-12-23, 03:54 AM
Wow, so many entries!!!

Keep'em coming!! And remember, this edition of the challenge has DOUBLE PRIZE MONEY!!!!

Gandariel
2014-12-24, 02:49 AM
So, service communication : judging day is Christmas, and I probably won't be able to post. So, Judging will come upon thee on the 26th. Feel free to edit or add submissions up to the actual judging!

Strigon
2014-12-24, 08:52 AM
Goblin Catapult:
Rare Neutral
5 cost
1/5
Give each adjacent minion charge and +1/-1. If a minion already has charge, give it an additional +1/+0

Goblins aren't the most clever of beings, but credit where it's due, they've got quite the gift for destruction.

Gandariel
2014-12-26, 08:21 AM
So. Judgment time!
this will be a hard one.

Lazy Peons 2
Common Neutral Minion
Gain 2 attack for each minion next to this one.
0/3

If there's no one keeping 'em in check, these guys will do anything to avoid work.

First entry, and what a good one!
Love this card, love its flavour, its simplicity, and its power level. Like a reverse Flametongue Totem, may see play in Zoo or Shaman decks. It *IS* silenceable, but frankly, if a 2-drop draws a silence, it's a win for you

(2) Acolyte of Deception
Rare Priest Minion
When this minion is attacked, the attacker has a 50% chance of attacking a random adjacent minion instead.
3/2

Hm, so a Raptor with a minor positive ability. Definitely neat, the ability could come in handy sometimes, but frankly i feel this is outclassed by Shrinkmeister. Still cool for a priest troll deck :D

Arrogant Warlord 4
Neutral Epic
Battlecry: Adjacent minions gain can't attack.
6/6

Wow. What a beautiful card. I really, really love the simplicity of this card and it's straightness.
Basically, play it on the edge and next to a taunt (which has attacked already), and you have a 6/6 for 4.
It does require taunts, because otherwise it just kills your other minion (but then again, a 1/1 recruit or Spectral Spider would be a pretty good price to pay for this thing)
Great work!

Sound the Alarm 5
Epic Paladin Spell
Target friendly minion and the minions next to it are transformed into Alarm-o-bots.

Uh... i'm not really seeing it. I suppose you go on the "well if i have THREE alarm-o-bots, at least one should survive!" route, but frankly, this spell is incredibly underwhelming. I would probably not use it if it costed 2. I mean ok, ideally you cast it on recruits, but you don't always have those to spare. No immediate effect, every alarm o bot is likely to die anyways, and with this being a 5 mana spell, you're not that far away from big hitters anyways. Love the idea of Muster + Alarm "Hey recruits, come here! No, not you! call someone better!

Divergent Flame 4
Epic Mage Spell
Choose a minion and deal 4 damage to each minion next to it.

Ook, so...
First of all, the idea of the center minion going "phew" is hilarious :P
Anyways, this card feels a bit.. weak?
The obvious comparison is Double Shot, with same mana and which is feel is a better targeting option (it can hit both enemies when there's just 2 on the board, you can manipulate board state to ensure it hits what you want, and doesn't let the opponent play around it)

Also, Betrayal has a good chance of doing the same thing as this card for 2 less mana. This one is more solid, obviously, but still 4 mana is a lot.

Overall i feel the card is ok. Situational, but ideally a 2-for-1, which is always tasty.
Absolutely no reason why this should be epic.

Living Bomb 6
Rare Mage Spell

You did not get around to fixing this, did you?
Well, as is it's just a bad card, sadly. Lots of potential though.
6-mana is too much for this effect, and the card is too wordy and complex. I was really intrigued with a low cost card giving only one of the abilities. But eh, next time maybe.

Artillery Strike 4
Rare Hunter Spell
Your minions deal their damage to the minion in front of them.

Huh. So with Hunter AoE nerfed, you gave them another option. Nice!
Potentially a board wipe, although not likely (really hard to make everything fit in the right place).
And useless when you have few minions. Overall i like its power level. It's not undercoated or overcosted.
It's basically a "board wipe only" version of Bloodlust.
Hunter would probably be happier with the original Bloodlust, but i heard Blizzard wants to make Control Hunter a thing...
Also, what does this have to do with artillery???

Temple Guard 4
Rare Priest Minion
2/5

Hm, hm,hm.
Interesting concept, to say the least. an actively curing dude.
Sadly, i feel this is not quite strong enough to make the cut in any reasonable deck. If this were a 3/5, it would be much better. Remember, healing is always good, but there's not always that many things to heal anyways, so most of the time its effect would be wasted,

Hurricane 3
Common Druid Spell
Choose one: Distribute 5 damage to the leftmost enemy minions; or to the rightmost enemy minions.

Wow! Cool concept, cool animation idea, really strong card!
This is basically a 3-mana "deal 5 damage to a minion" with some limitations and potential upsides.
Amazing vs aggro, straight up solid against everything else. People don't really have too many minions out, so you probably have a good target all the time with this.
Also gets around stealth and the likes.
This would probably be a staple in a lot of decks, if i'm seeing it correctly. May this be too strong? It's definitely good.

Eyepatch Pete 4
Epic Rogue Minion
When attacking an enemy minion deal no damage to that minion.
Instead, deal damage to the minions next to that minion.
Pirate
3/5
Pete? He's a great fighter, don't get me wrong, but his depth perception just ain't what it used to be.

Love them pirates!
Cool idea! Power level is probably there, wording could be improved. Still, solid mechanic. Gets around taunts and stealths, is not really a threat you can ignore, and a solid stat line too. Cool!

The Ol'Switcheroo 3
Rare Rogue Spell
Switch a minion's attack with the health of the minion to its left and its health with the attack of the minion to its right.

Ooh, shiny :P
If this were M:tG i'd totally see this as a silver boarded (joke) card. In actual play, though, this is probably just too weak to actually be a card. I'd say this effect is weaker than the battle cry of Crazed Alchemist. Defiitely not worth 3 mana and a card. Made me laugh, though :P

Goblin Catapult:
Rare Neutral
5 cost
1/5
Give each adjacent minion charge and +1/-1. If a minion already has charge, give it an additional +1/+0

Bringing sexy Warrior OTK back, are we? This plus Giants would be hilarious.
As 5 mana i feel it wouldn't be so strong and wouldn't really enable any combos, but would be a cool thing overall, giving people added options or random burst options. Would probably see it as an actual card, not sure if i'd play it, as i don't feel this is really strong enough. (also weird wording)

Oh boy. Happy to see so many entries. And so many GOOD entries!

It was a really hard choice, and i mean REALLY hard

Ok first, Honorable mention goes to Cha0s4a11 and AgentPaper. I honestly couldn't find anything specifically wrong in your cards (aside from the small ones i mentioned in my comment), and really liked your work. Sadly, someone else did an even better job.

DrGunsforhands!
Hurricane is an extremely well-written and well-thought card. Elegant, new, powerful and flavourful. Only concern is, it's not quite so reliant on positioning (and that's pretty much the theme of the challenge), and it might be just a tad stronger than i'd like it. Still, great job!

Thirsting, with Lazy Peons.
Yours was the first submission, just a couple hours after i posted the challenge, and i immediately thought "Wow, this card is amazing. It's probably gonna win". Everything in it 'clicks'. The theme, how it interacts with other minions for a buff, everything. My only concern is that it *might* be a little too weak. It's not a t2 play, and it doesn't have taunt. Your opponent can just clear the rest first and kill this for free. What makes Flametongue strong is that you can place it between taunts, and to get to it you need to clear BUFFED taunts. Still, amazing card.

Buuuuut... The winner is....

CantigThimble with Arrogant Warlord!

Less is more, as they say. And this delivers.
Really powerful on turn 4 when you have nothing else on board, but can also be a dead card if you don't have enough taunts.
Also, it is strongest when you are behind on board.
I like the fact that this card has so many interactions with other cards, which creates plenty of interesting deck possibilities: this comboes with Wailing Soul, and with other positioning-related cards (since you are usually forced to play this on an edge).
Maybe a tad strong? yeah, definitely. I would probably see it better as a 6/5.
Still, you are the winner!

Thanks to all who participated, i saw a LOT of amazing entries, and can't want for the next challenge!

Frog Dragon
2014-12-26, 08:34 AM
Ahhh, damn. Took me a while to think of an idea and was just minutes too late. Ah well, posting anyways for posterity.

War Stomp 4
Rare Warrior Spell
Deal 2-4 damage to a minion, and then deal 1 less damage to each minion on either side of that minion, and so on until the damage is 0.

http://i.imgur.com/GeqQX4N.png

Basically, if you target a minion and it takes three damage, the ones next to that take 2, then the minions 2 spaces away from the target take 1, and the spell ends since the ones three spaces away would take 0.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-12-26, 01:05 PM
Haha, okay! GG everyone! I don't mind losing to the peons, those are hilarious and I was really rooting for them. And Cantig's thing is also a combo with the shaman hero power. :smalltongue:

I kind of had the sense that mine was a little too crazy, but I figured they could just take the damage down to 4 in a patch or something. I also considered picking a direction and sticking with it, but that felt like a missed opportunity.

...and War Stomp actually kind of strikes me as needlessly complicated. All I can really say is to try using fewer words.

Gandariel
2014-12-26, 02:22 PM
Eh, frankly during my decision process each of the top 3 has been considered for first place.

All three of you made amazing cards, but i did have to pick someone.

@Frog Dragon: Yeah, Stomp looks too complex. Also, too RNG-dependant for my tastes.

CantigThimble
2014-12-26, 03:59 PM
Thanks Gandariel!

For this week: Make a french vanilla card. This is an MTG term so I'll explain it. It's a card that only uses basic mechanics. For hearthstone that means Charge, Divine Shield, Spell Damage, Stealth, Taunt and Windfury. Battlecry, Deathrattle and Enrage fit in this category some of the time but not always, the ones I would consider to fit are ones that are basically always good for you and don't need specific timing (meaning enrage is pretty tricky to fit here). The idea of this challenge is to see how interesting a simple card can be.

Oh yes, I should mention that this is a spirit of the law, not letter of the law thing, Al'Akir fits this technically but he is NOT a simple card.

Jormengand
2014-12-26, 04:07 PM
Dual Destruction Device 7
Rare Warrior Minion
Charge, Divine Shield, Windfury
6/1
Mech

Yes, this does precisely what you think it does. Yes, yes it is deadly against low-health tauntless enemies.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/AquhvBfa.png

Marshall (http://tyrant.40in.net/fb/card.php?id=634) 7
Rare neutral minion.
Battlecry: Deal 2 damage to a random opponent.
Deathrattle: Deal 2 damage to a random opponent.
3/5

AgentPaper
2014-12-26, 05:57 PM
Thanks Gandariel!

For this week: Make a french vanilla card. This is an MTG term so I'll explain it. It's a card that only uses basic mechanics. For hearthstone that means Charge, Divine Shield, Spell Damage, Stealth, Taunt and Windfury. Battlecry, Deathrattle and Enrage fit in this category some of the time but not always, the ones I would consider to fit are ones that are basically always good for you and don't need specific timing (meaning enrage is pretty tricky to fit here). The idea of this challenge is to see how interesting a simple card can be.

Oh yes, I should mention that this is a spirit of the law, not letter of the law thing, Al'Akir fits this technically but he is NOT a simple card.

Mind if I refine this definition into:

French Vanilla
A card that has exactly one of: Charge, Divine Shield, Spell Damage, Stealth, Taunt, Windfury, Battlecry, Deathrattle, or Enrage. For the last three, only the simplest forms of these mechanics qualify.

Gandariel
2014-12-26, 06:03 PM
it is also infinitely better than Argent Commander and Al'akir.

... Damn, i'm trying to think of a card, but we already had this contest and i was madly in love with the 0/2 for 0 with Charge that was posted in that competition, so I can't think of anything else.

CantigThimble
2014-12-26, 06:43 PM
Mind if I refine this definition into:

French Vanilla
A card that has exactly one of: Charge, Divine Shield, Spell Damage, Stealth, Taunt, Windfury, Battlecry, Deathrattle, or Enrage. For the last three, only the simplest forms of these mechanics qualify.

It can have 2, maybe even 3 if there's a really good reason. But simpler cards will be favored over more complex ones.

D-naras
2014-12-26, 09:41 PM
Doubleslap Yeti 4
Common Neutral Minion
Windfury
2/5
- Let's just say that Doubleslap Hill wasn't named for its scenic routes.

Edit-
If spells are allowed, I prefer to go with this entry instead:

Safety Dance 3
Common Shaman Spell
Give a minion Windfury and Divine Shield for 1 turn
- If your friends don't dance then use this on those friends of yours.

Draken
2014-12-26, 10:20 PM
So, probably more complicated than the competition will allow. Although the unruly text is in a token, not in the card proper.

http://www.hearthcards.net/cards/2644fb66.png

Murky, Baby Murloc [4]
Legendary Neutral Minion
3/1
Charge. Deathrattle: Summon Murky's Egg.
{Murloc}
Mrgglglbrlg rmrmgllg mrggggm.

And the token. Shamefully I can't find an image of the egg so no card there.

Murky's Egg [1]
Legendary Neutral Minion
0/1
Stealth. At the beggining of your turn, destroy this minion and summon Murky, Baby Murloc.
{Murloc}

Xefas
2014-12-27, 02:31 AM
Winterfin Tadpole 2
Common Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Draw a card.
0/1
(Murloc)

http://i.imgur.com/6yZBX0I.png

I haven't played World of Warcraft since Wrath of the Lich King, so it may no longer exist, but there was a quest in Northrend that I liked a lot called "Oh Noes, the Tadpoles". You had to run around in a really ugly and hilariously jank Murloc costume while rescuing baby Murlocs from tiny baby-cages, and then they followed you around in a giant mrrrlrrlrllgh-ing swarm of adorableness. The baby Murlocs were called 'Winterfin Tadpoles'.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2014-12-27, 04:22 AM
The tadpoles are still around! I had to do a quest that involved making scary faces at them.

Blackwater Navigator <4>
Common Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Summon a 1/1 Skipper.
3/3
Pirate

Skipper <0>
Uncollectable Neutral Minion
1/1
Pirate

Gandariel
2014-12-27, 04:30 PM
Winterfin Tadpole 2
Common Neutral Minion
0/1
(Murloc)

http://i.imgur.com/6yZBX0I.png.

Congrats, Xefas, that's a brilliant card!!
I'm struggling to decide whether I'd buff it to 0/2 or leave it as is, anyways that's a really good card. I'll have to work hard for my own submission.

thirsting
2014-12-27, 04:30 PM
Hesitant Test Subject 1
Common Neutral Minion
Deathrattle: Summon 1/1 Chicken.
1/1

Goblin has to do what goblin has to do to get the debts paid.

Hunters, or druids using Druid of the Fang might find this useful, as Chicken is a beast. Otherwise works like Argent Squire, sort of.

Xefas
2014-12-28, 03:38 AM
Congrats, Xefas, that's a brilliant card!!
I'm struggling to decide whether I'd buff it to 0/2 or leave it as is, anyways that's a really good card. I'll have to work hard for my own submission.

Thanks! This prompt had me drawing a blank for the longest time.

I, too, flip-flopped on the one-or-two health issue for a while. Decided, eventually, on one. Maybe (after the contest?) others can weigh in on it. I'm curious.

CarpeGuitarrem
2014-12-28, 07:15 PM
Congrats to the previous winners! And this contest is interesting...maybe I can whip something up real quick.

Young Fencer (2)
Rare Neutral Minion
Divine Shield. Windfury.
2/1
"Take that! And that! And a few more of those!"

EDIT: Just realized that this thing is total Shaman hate. :smallamused:

Gandariel
2014-12-29, 09:20 AM
Spark Elemental 1
Common Shaman Minion
Windfury
1/3

So,yeah.
All classes might eventually get their 1/3 for 1, and I think this fits.

Like the Warrior and Mage ones, this card is a 1-drop with the possibility of being better; Good vs 2/3s and bad vs 3/2s.

Strong with buffs, but frankly we have already seen that Zap o Matic is not OP, so I'm not really worried.

Too much windfury? Maybe. But this is a card that could have easily be printed already.

cha0s4a11
2014-12-31, 03:33 PM
Moneybags 1
Epic Neutral Minion
Deathrattle: Gain a coin.
1/1

If Moneybags is sent to Jail, he does not pass Go, nor does he get 200 gold.

CantigThimble
2014-12-31, 05:03 PM
Rare Warrior Minion
6/1
Mech

Yes, this does precisely what you think it does. Yes, yes it is deadly against low-health tauntless enemies.

Marshall (http://tyrant.40in.net/fb/card.php?id=634) 8
Rare neutral minion.
Battlecry: Deal 2 damage.
Deathrattle: Deal 2 damage.
3/5

Marshall needs more text for his deathrattle to work.

Also, D-naras, I'll allow simple spells.

Frog Dragon
2015-01-02, 04:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AZssI1a.png

Moonwell 1
Common Mage Minion
Spell Damage +2
0/4

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-01-03, 12:28 PM
Too much windfury? Maybe. But this is a card that could have easily be printed already.
"I have a fever, and the only cure is more windfury!"

Gandariel
2015-01-04, 07:23 PM
*coughs loudly*

CantigThimble
2015-01-05, 01:13 AM
As I go through these I continue to notice how much better I am at making cards than judging them. :smalltongue:

Rare Warrior Minion
6/1
Mech

Marshall (http://tyrant.40in.net/fb/card.php?id=634) 7
Rare neutral minion.
Battlecry: Deal 2 damage to a random opponent.
Deathrattle: Deal 2 damage to a random opponent.
3/5
This is a good card concept, but is simply overpriced. I would say his ability is worse than bomb lobber, and for 2 mana you get 2 health.

Doubleslap Yeti 4
Common Neutral Minion
Windfury
2/5
- Let's just say that Doubleslap Hill wasn't named for its scenic routes.

Edit-
If spells are allowed, I prefer to go with this entry instead:

Safety Dance 3
Common Shaman Spell
Give a minion Windfury and Divine Shield for 1 turn
- If your friends don't dance then use this on those friends of yours.
Good card, much better than windfury, which is pretty bad, so this comes out average to above average. This is a pretty straightforward spell, which was the goal of this challenge, it comes out to "Deal damage equal to a minion's attack." or something similar. I like it.

So, probably more complicated than the competition will allow. Although the unruly text is in a token, not in the card proper.

http://www.hearthcards.net/cards/2644fb66.png

Murky, Baby Murloc [4]
Legendary Neutral Minion
3/1
Charge. Deathrattle: Summon Murky's Egg.
{Murloc}
Mrgglglbrlg rmrmgllg mrggggm.

And the token. Shamefully I can't find an image of the egg so no card there.

Murky's Egg [1]
Legendary Neutral Minion
0/1
Stealth. At the beggining of your turn, destroy this minion and summon Murky, Baby Murloc.
{Murloc}

Sadly, this is disqualified by the complexity of the card, otherwise very cool! Maybe you could submit it to a later challenge.

Winterfin Tadpole 2
Common Neutral Minion
0/1
(Murloc)

http://i.imgur.com/6yZBX0I.png

I haven't played World of Warcraft since Wrath of the Lich King, so it may no longer exist, but there was a quest in Northrend that I liked a lot called "Oh Noes, the Tadpoles". You had to run around in a really ugly and hilariously jank Murloc costume while rescuing baby Murlocs from tiny baby-cages, and then they followed you around in a giant mrrrlrrlrllgh-ing swarm of adorableness. The baby Murlocs were called 'Winterfin Tadpoles'. I really like this card, card draw is murloc's biggest weakness. I must admit I don't have the understanding of murlocs to make a power call on this but I like the concept.

The tadpoles are still around! I had to do a quest that involved making scary faces at them.

Blackwater Navigator <4>
Common Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Summon a 1/1 Skipper.
3/3
Pirate

Skipper <0>
Uncollectable Neutral Minion
1/1
Pirate Quite cool, and appropriate support for the pirates, especially with the new cannon. Perhaps a bit low on the power scale, you might have been able to sneak on an extra stat point somewhere but it's close enough to call it even and judge it based on card concept.

Hesitant Test Subject 1
Common Neutral Minion
Deathrattle: Summon 1/1 Chicken.
1/1

Goblin has to do what goblin has to do to get the debts paid.

Hunters, or druids using Druid of the Fang might find this useful, as Chicken is a beast. Otherwise works like Argent Squire, sort of. My only real concern with this card is the power that undertaker still has, otherwise a pretty reasonable card.

Congrats to the previous winners! And this contest is interesting...maybe I can whip something up real quick.

Young Fencer (2)
Rare Neutral Minion
Divine Shield. Windfury.
2/1
"Take that! And that! And a few more of those!"

EDIT: Just realized that this thing is total Shaman hate. :smallamused: Strong, probably too strong honestly. I'm comparing to shielded minibot here, which is a class card. Very powerful board control tool early on and likely to get a 2 for 1 or a lot of tempo.

Spark Elemental 1
Common Shaman Minion
Windfury
1/3

So,yeah.
All classes might eventually get their 1/3 for 1, and I think this fits.

Like the Warrior and Mage ones, this card is a 1-drop with the possibility of being better; Good vs 2/3s and bad vs 3/2s.

Strong with buffs, but frankly we have already seen that Zap o Matic is not OP, so I'm not really worried.

Too much windfury? Maybe. But this is a card that could have easily be printed already. Quite good, would certainly see play as this into flametongue is pretty darn strong.

Moneybags 1
Epic Neutral Minion
Deathrattle: Gain a coin.
1/1

If Moneybags is sent to Jail, he does not pass Go, nor does he get 200 gold.
I like this card! Deathrattle and combo synergy.

http://i.imgur.com/AZssI1a.png

Moonwell 1
Common Mage Minion
Spell Damage +2
0/4
Quite strong, allows for more mage burst and is even persistent in the early game as a tempo play. I would enjoy playing this card, but it might be too strong.

The card I would most enjoy playing is Moonwell, but the most interesting card I think is Moneybags, so congratulations to cha0s411! Kudos to both tribal cards too, they were quite cool!

cha0s4a11
2015-01-05, 02:04 AM
Thanks, CantigThimble.

So, new challenge is the following:

Pacifist Minions!

Create a minion that either has 0 attack or has the "Can't Attack" ability. Examples: Shieldbearer, Ancient Watcher, Ragnaros, Blood Imp

Also, one thing to note: A while back I made a 0/2 charge minion that would technically fall under these rules. I probably shouldn't have to say this, but significant negative brownie points will be applied to entries that effectively post my entries for other contests back at me. Kindly cover some new ground here, m'kay. :smallbiggrin:

Xefas
2015-01-05, 04:09 AM
Algalon The Observer 8
Legendary Neutral Minion
Can't Attack.
When a hero takes damage from Fatigue, deal that damage to all characters other than Algalon The Observer.
4/12

http://i.imgur.com/3viDiaK.png

Summon Audio (http://wowimg.zamimg.com/wowsounds/sound/creature/algalontheobserver/ur_algalon_summon02.ogg)

Attack Audio (http://wowimg.zamimg.com/wowsounds/sound/creature/algalontheobserver/ur_algalon_slay02.ogg)

Death Audio (http://wowimg.zamimg.com/wowsounds/sound/creature/algalontheobserver/ur_algalon_woundcrit05.ogg)

Audio When Algalon Kills A Hero (http://wowimg.zamimg.com/wowsounds/sound/creature/algalontheobserver/ur_algalon_berzerk01.ogg)

Frog Dragon
2015-01-05, 04:37 AM
http://i.imgur.com/bRZHqaL.png

Sleepy Orc 2
Rare Neutral Minion
Whenever this minion attacks, gain +1 attack.
0/6

He's pretty tough, but he needs a kick in the rear every once in a while if you want him to actually fight.

D-naras
2015-01-05, 06:33 AM
Foul-mouthed Cactus 6
Epic Neutral Minion
Taunt
Deals damage equal to its health to attackers.
0/10
- his words sting almost as bad as his thorns.

Changed my entry in another post.

thirsting
2015-01-05, 06:58 AM
As I go through these I continue to notice how much better I am at making cards than judging them. :smalltongue:

I fear winning for the same reason. Fear!

-------------------------

Friendly Innkeeper 2
Rare Neutral Minion
Can't attack.
Hero powers may not be used.
4/4

"Come in, and shut the door! It's cold out there."

Alternate flavour text:

Likes to have a friendly chat with his customers. But just you try and silence him, and he becomes one angry dwarf!

CantigThimble
2015-01-05, 11:55 AM
Sleeping Ancient 3
Neutral Epic
Charge
Cannot attack unless it is damaged.
4/5

Jormengand
2015-01-05, 12:05 PM
Moment of Blasphemy 0
Legendary Warlock Minion
Spell Damage +4, Can't be silenced.
At the end of your turn, kill Moment of Blasphemy
Deathrattle: Summon a 0/1 Lifetime of Heresy
0/1

(Lifetime of Heresy
Legendary Uncollectable Minion
Unaffected by everything, Can't Attack.
At the end of your turn, discard a card and take 4 damage
0/1)

Gandariel
2015-01-05, 12:22 PM
Council of Lights 6
Legendary Priest Minion
Every minion's attack is always equal to their Health.
0/7

They have many pawns. or was it spawns?
(To get this joke go check the description for Lightspawn :P )

Does this count as cheating? :P

Ok, so.
Everything becomes a Lightspawn.
This card's body is a little too powerful, because (similalry to Bolvar) this card is a REALLY easy Silence/BGH target (and also since, like Lightspawn, you can "soften it up" with random little minions to make it significantly less scary and easy to kill)
Still, if you can get this to work, Priest obviously has awesome synergy with Lightspawns, and even a Circle of Healing can become a mass Blessing of Kings in the right conditions.
And frankly because a 7/7 on turn 6 is not really that scary. Or we would see many more venture Co mercenaries around)

Hamste
2015-01-05, 12:40 PM
Moment of Blasphemy 0
Legendary Warlock Minion
Spell Damage +4
0/1

(Lifetime of Heresy
Can't be silenced, damaged or killed. Can't Attack.
0/1)

Taunt it up and never worry about enemy minions again.

Jormengand
2015-01-05, 12:42 PM
Taunt it up and never worry about enemy minions again.

That's annoyingly true. Hmm...

Frog Dragon
2015-01-05, 12:48 PM
That's annoyingly true. Hmm...

I suggest simply removing the "can't be silenced". Not only is it kind of paradoxical with how absolute silence is in removing card text, it opens metric tons of loopholes like this. I get that you want to avoid someone getting rid of the costs of using the card with just silence, but it's frankly much less abusable than "no silence".

Gandariel
2015-01-05, 12:55 PM
I suggest simply removing the "can't be silenced". Not only is it kind of paradoxical with how absolute silence is in removing card text, it opens metric tons of loopholes like this. I get that you want to avoid someone getting rid of the costs of using the card with just silence, but it's frankly much less abusable than "no silence".

.. Especially considering you can just silence the Moment of Blasphemy.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-01-05, 08:47 PM
Brain Slug 5
Epic Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Gain control of a minion.
Deathrattle: Give that minion back.
0/1

Draken
2015-01-06, 11:44 AM
Well, lets try again!

http://www.hearthcards.net/cards/d3ed3d4c.png

The definition of 'cool train'.

LMS Mark II [4]
Epic Neutral Minion
Your other minions have Charge.
0/8
Mech

For those who don't know. The LMS Mark II is the Ulduar tram that leads to the fight with Mimiron.

Gandariel
2015-01-08, 01:08 PM
Brain Slug 5
Epic Neutral Minion
0/1

Wow, 2x of that, 2x Brew master and 2x Recombobulator. (Or Shadowstep for rogues) Who needs creatures when you can steal?

D-naras
2015-01-08, 04:53 PM
I want to switch my entry to the following

Barbed Blood Barrier 2
Rare Warlock Minion
Taunt
Whenever you lose life during your turn, the opponent loses that much life and this gains +2 health.
0/4
- Warlock lifeforce is the most efficient fuel.

Keledrath
2015-01-08, 04:58 PM
I want to switch my entry to the following

Blood Barbed Barrier 2
Rare Warlock Minion
Taunt
Whenever you lose life during your turn, this gains +2 and the opponent loses that much life.
0/4
- Warlock lifeforce is the most efficient fuel.

+2 what? Attack or HP?

Hamste
2015-01-08, 05:05 PM
I would guess hp but not sure.

D-naras
2015-01-08, 05:19 PM
+2 what? Attack or HP?

Oops. Yeah I meant health.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-01-09, 12:19 AM
Wow, 2x of that, 2x Brew master and 2x Recombobulator. (Or Shadowstep for rogues) Who needs creatures when you can steal?

Hmm, you may have a point. They're pretty loose with the power levels of multi-card interactions, but I'll probably have to raise the cost to about 7 just the same.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-01-09, 03:30 PM
Wild Storm Totem (2)
Rare Shaman Minion
Deathrattle: Add a random spell to your hand. It costs (3) less.
0/2
Totem

I'm really wondering if there's a way to tweak this--but mostly I just wanted a mirror to Unstable Portal.

D-naras
2015-01-09, 07:24 PM
Wild Storm Totem (2)
Rare Shaman Minion
0/2
Totem

I'm really wondering if there's a way to tweak this--but mostly I just wanted a mirror to Unstable Portal.

Give it taunt? As it is now, it requires enabling for a very unreliable effect. Or battlecry. Or give it battlecry and deathrattle: the effect and live it as is :smalltongue:

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-01-09, 07:58 PM
Give it taunt? As it is now, it requires enabling for a very unreliable effect. Or battlecry. Or give it battlecry and deathrattle: the effect and live it as is :smalltongue:
I'm really working this one over in my mind. Because Shaman can already do a lot with this sort of card: see Nerubian in Deathrattle Shaman. Sunfury, Rockbiter, Dark Iron, Abusive Sergeant, Defender of Argus, Reincarnate. Then again, spells skew towards far lower costs in my recollection. I may have to consider that as well. Hmm.

See, on the one hand, this could give you free secrets or a 1-mana Fireball or a 4-mana Flamestrike. On the other hand, it could give you a free Frost Nova, which I guess isn't great. Hmm. To be honest, I can't think of a lot of spells I wouldn't be happy to get for low cost. I guess Call Pet would be a sorta dud. I dunno. I feel like giving it taunt might actually devalue it, because it wouldn't stay alive long enough to be given an attack buff.

Gandariel
2015-01-10, 03:56 PM
Nah, I feel it's ok as is. It has less immediate power than Portal, but it has other benefits to make up for it (you have a body for argus/ flametongue and are a bit resistant to board clears).

I will say that this isn't amazing thougH. I'd rather have the Egg than this, for the security of a 4/4 (and the fact that you'll still have something after a board clear) than a random spell, which might end up being Deadly Poison or Totemic might.

Frog Dragon
2015-01-13, 05:22 AM
*poke poke*

Judgement?

cha0s4a11
2015-01-13, 02:35 PM
*poke poke*

Judgement?

Judgement is tonight.

cha0s4a11
2015-01-13, 08:48 PM
Judgement is now.

Algalon The Observer 8
Legendary Neutral Minion
Can't Attack.
When a hero takes damage from Fatigue, deal that damage to all characters other than Algalon The Observer.
4/12

This is interesting and potentially useful for Mill decks as a way to accelerate the death of someone under fatigue as well as killing any board presence they could potentially raise. Pretty niche, but fills the niche pretty well.

Sleepy Orc 2
Rare Neutral Minion
Whenever this minion attacks, gain +1 attack.
0/6

Effectively this needs some sort of attack buff to start it up, but is otherwise an incredibly strong minion for its cost. I'm not sure offhand if there are other 2-cost minions with 6 stats total, even without the potential for attack boost. I could see this being a strong pick in a good number of classes' decks, but I think Priest has the best combo with it (inner fire this for a 6/6).

Friendly Innkeeper 2
Rare Neutral Minion
Can't attack.
Hero powers may not be used.
4/4

Assuming that the hero power block applies to both sides (or where it at least applies to the opponent), this could be useful in a deck that has minions that would be easily subject to enemy hero powers (1 health minions vs mage/paladin/rogue) and potentially useful in shutting down enemy strategies that rely on hero powers (Priest + Northshire Cleric, Handlock). Otherwise it's like a slightly less healthful Ancient Watcher. Neat.

Alternate flavor text was pretty good too.

Sleeping Ancient 3
Neutral Epic
Charge
Cannot attack unless it is damaged.
4/5

Given that I can read the action as "Can't Attack, Enrage: Can Attack, Charge", it meets the criteria for the contest. Not sure why this is a Neutral Card rather than a Warrior Card given that the bulk of synergies for this card are Warrior cards (Cruel Taskmaster, Armorsmith, Death's Bite, Rampage, Slam, Whirlwind, Inner Rage, etc). Looks like a very powerful card for its cost, but that's compensated for by requiring another card to activate it.

Moment of Blasphemy 0
Legendary Warlock Minion
Spell Damage +4, Can't be silenced.
0/1

(Lifetime of Heresy
Unaffected by everything, Can't Attack.
0/1)

Yeah, I'm dubious about the notion of shielding things from silence/making things "unaffected by everything". Even apart from that and taking the text at face value, this could be gotten around by hex, polymorph, brewmasters, shadowstep, etc). Interesting idea, though.

Council of Lights 6
Legendary Priest Minion
Every minion's attack is always equal to their Health.
0/7

As the only time that this minion fulfills the challenge criteria is when it's silenced, I will judge this as a 6 Mana, vanilla 0/7 minion. My judgement of the 6 Mana, vanilla 0/7 minion is that it is bad and that you should feel bad for submitting it. :smallmad:

:smallwink:

Ok, seriously though, it's an interesting idea and could definitely synergize with a few other low attack/high health minions to make them more viable (Shieldbearer, Mogushan Warden, etc).

Brain Slug 5
Epic Neutral Minion
0/1

This seems like an easy way to have cheap mind control shenanigans without the usual bother of having 10 mana to spend on it. Shadowstep, Brewmasters, anything with silence, or hex/poly if you are felling incredibly extravagant all seem like straightforward ways to break this like a kit-kat bar.

LMS Mark II [4]
Epic Neutral Minion
Your other minions have Charge.
0/8
Mech

This looks like a Warsong Commander on crack.
1 more mana and 2 less attack for +5 health, not being stuck to warrior hero and an ability that gives all of your minions charge as opposed to low-damage ones? Seems very underpriced. I like the notion, but think cost is way too low.

Barbed Blood Barrier 2
Rare Warlock Minion
Taunt
Whenever you lose life during your turn, the opponent loses that much life and this gains +2 health.
0/4

It looks fairly useful for decks based around heavy use of life tap and/or Flame imps/Pit lords. Comparing it to Shieldbearer, it may be a bit on the cheap side, but not excessively. Pretty cool.

Wild Storm Totem (2)
Rare Shaman Minion
0/2
Totem

This may be a low-level deterrent against consecrate/holy nova/flame strike and the like, but otherwise will require another card to activate it for a fairly random effect. Interesting idea, but not sure on execution.

Hmmm......

Runners up: D-naras, CantigThimble, Xefas
Winner: thirsting

Messing with player's hero powers is a fairly interesting but subtle effect with a good number of potential implications, so I have to give credit there. Congrats, thirsting.

thirsting
2015-01-14, 03:34 AM
NOOooooo... Judge duty.

No restrictions this time! Go wild.

Xefas
2015-01-14, 08:15 AM
Righteous Fury 4
Rare Paladin Spell
Your hero gains Taunt. If your hero already has Taunt, remove it instead.

http://i.imgur.com/SvDOCzn.png

Jormengand
2015-01-14, 09:10 AM
If you have ever played Hearthstone, you know which one to open. :smallbiggrin:

World's End Dance 10
Epic Shaman Spell
Overload (10)
Next turn, copy this spell including copy and overload.
Get 7 2/2 Totem Warriors with Charge and Windfury, Hero gets +5 attack and armour.

(Totem Warrior 0
Epic Uncollectable Minion
Charge, Windfury
2/2
Totem)Chrono-zone 10
Epic Mage Spell
Take another turn after this one.
"Time waits for no man. I am no man."Stand-Down Order 6
Epic Paladin Spell
Everything loses taunt.Eternal Bloodlust 8
Epic Warrior Spell
Choose a minion. Deal damage to it until it's dead.Perpetual Motion Machine 10
Legendary Mage Minion
When you play a card, draw a card.
0/6
Mech
"Everything tends to chaos, except when I say so!"

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-01-14, 11:15 AM
And now for something incredibly silly.

Totem of Infinity (3)
Epic Shaman Minion
Stealth. At the start of your turn, summon a copy of this minion.
0/3
Totem

CantigThimble
2015-01-14, 12:14 PM
Tauren Artisan 3
Shaman Rare Minion
Battlecry: Summon a copy of a totem.
3/3

It is targeted, not random. Totem tribal FTW. Also, Tauren need better representation than a very bad taunt and a decent though outclassed legend.

Keledrath
2015-01-14, 12:21 PM
Gamon 9
Neutral Legendary Minion
Taunt, Cannot be Targeted by Spells or Powers
All damage that would be dealt to your hero is instead dealt to Gamon
6/12

"Gamon will save us!"

For clarification: The Target-proofing means that he can't be targeted directly (mind control, etc). If your enemy pyroblasts you, he still takes the damage (he wasn't targeted).

For people who don't play WoW, Gamon was a random NPC who, during Cata, took a 40-man group to bring down. He was not hostile, and he had no drops. In Siege of Orgrimmar (last raid of MoP), you could rescue Gamon before one of the bosses, at which point he would proceed to be able to solo everything between where you rescued him and the boss, and then survive the boss fight as a tank. AFTER HAVING BEEN IMPRISONED FOR SEVERAL DAYS WITH NO FOOD OR WATER.

GAMON WILL SAVE US!

AgentPaper
2015-01-14, 05:10 PM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/t/R1QuCeaf.png (http://achievementgen.com/hearthstone/)

Defensive Stance 2
Common Warrior Spell
Your hero gains Taunt until you have no armor.

Draken
2015-01-15, 01:05 AM
Toy Train Set [2]
Epic Neutral Minion
0/1
Taunt
Can't be targeted by Spells or Hero Powers.
Can't be damaged by Minions or Weapons.
"MAKE. IT. STOP."

While it is on the board it just constantly makes a choo choo sound.

Keledrath
2015-01-15, 01:06 AM
toy train set [2]
0/1
taunt
can't be targeted by spells or hero powers.
Can't be damaged by minions or weapons.
"make. It. Stop."

NO! NO! BAD, EVIL PERSON!letmeusecaps

Draken
2015-01-15, 01:08 AM
NO! NO! BAD, EVIL PERSON!letmeusecaps

Muwahahahaha! :smallamused:

Gandariel
2015-01-15, 04:18 AM
Mecha-blaster 4
epic Mage weapon
Your hero is Immune while attacking.
Your hero power is "add 1 durability to your weapon"
2/2

Basically, your hero power becomes stronger. And you can "charge" it.

The "immune when attacking" thing is the same as Gladiator's longbow: you don't take damage because you're shooting.

The change in your hero power is only temporary, it turns back to normal when the weapon is destroyed.

This obviously compares to Shadowform.
Since Shadowform is not used, i set my target at "slightly stronger than Shadowform".

So, this card has two durability, => you can shoot on the first turn. This is really important, because with shadowform you lose one turn.
The ability to "charge it up" is not really as important as you may think, since you can only use one charge per turn anyways. Still, it's some extra utility.

Last thing, this card is soft to Taunts and freeze, which is a big minus.

All in all, i think this is fair.

Frog Dragon
2015-01-15, 04:40 AM
Dueling Cloak 4
Epic Rogue Weapon
Halve all damage dealt to you (rounding up).
2/1

Basically disables your heropower, but gives you a potentially very strong defensive ability. Bit tricky to cost, so I might revise this later.

D-naras
2015-01-18, 07:30 AM
Inner Beasts 6
Epic Druid Spell
Silence all minions then they become 1/1 and gain attack and health equal to their cost.
- The inner beast is directly proportional to current mana crystal value. Nature is a savvy customer, like that.

thirsting
2015-01-19, 04:57 AM
Bit early surprise judging right now, as I might not have a chance to do this later.

Inner Beasts 6
Epic Druid Spell
Silence all minions then they become 1/1 and gain attack and health equal to their cost.
- The inner beast is directly proportional to current mana crystal value. Nature is a savvy customer, like that.
Hm. So if the value of your cards come more from battlecries and such, and enemy minions' value from statlines, this tip the scales more on your side. Not at all sure how hard this would be to pull off..

Dueling Cloak 4
Epic Rogue Weapon
Halve all damage dealt to you (rounding up).
2/1

Sorry, didn't leave you time to edit this. Cripples some offensive ability, to gain much better defense. Not a must have level of power though, which is good.

Mecha-blaster 4
epic Mage weapon
Your hero is Immune while attacking.
Your hero power is "add 1 durability to your weapon"
2/2

Mage-weapon! +1 damage until Ooze or Harrison Jones, basically.

If you have ever played Hearthstone, you know which one to open. :smallbiggrin:

World's End Dance 10
Epic Shaman Spell
Overload (10)
Next turn, copy this spell including copy and overload.
Get 7 2/2 Totem Warriors with Charge and Windfury, Hero gets +5 attack and armour.

(Totem Warrior 0
Epic Uncollectable Minion
Charge, Windfury
2/2
Totem)Chrono-zone 10
Epic Mage Spell
Take another turn after this one.
"Time waits for no man. I am no man."Stand-Down Order 6
Epic Paladin Spell
Everything loses taunt.Eternal Bloodlust 8
Epic Warrior Spell
Choose a minion. Deal damage to it until it's dead.Perpetual Motion Machine 10
Legendary Mage Minion
When you play a card, draw a card.
0/6
Mech
"Everything tends to chaos, except when I say so!"

I was already thinking up polite ways to say "Are you insane?!" before you edited the World's End Dance away.. Still not sure though. :D Everything loses taunt would be a nice spell effect to have.

Totem of Infinity (3)
Epic Shaman Minion
Stealth. At the start of your turn, summon a copy of this minion.
0/3
Totem
Almost unstoppable flow of bodies for Blood lust. It better not copy buffs though. (I'm not even sure if shaman has permanent minion buffs, so maybe not an issue at all)

Tauren Artisan 3
Shaman Rare Minion
Battlecry: Summon a copy of a totem.
3/3

Can't think of anything to say about this. Drawing blank. Entirely reasonable card in all ways.

Gamon 9
Neutral Legendary Minion
Taunt, Cannot be Targeted by Spells or Powers
All damage that would be dealt to your hero is instead dealt to Gamon
6/12

"Gamon will save us!"

Unless your opponent already has a lot of big minions on board or lots of spell damage capability, it seems to me this is pretty much a 'I win' -button. Minus.

Righteous Fury 4
Rare Paladin Spell
Your hero gains Taunt. If your hero already has Taunt, remove it instead.

http://i.imgur.com/SvDOCzn.png
There's no way for your opponent to get rid of this, which is why I can't give my unreserved support for this desing. Otherwise, yes. Might combo nicely with a lot of health-giving minions.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/t/R1QuCeaf.png (http://achievementgen.com/hearthstone/)
Defensive Stance 2
Common Warrior Spell
Your hero gains Taunt until you have no armor.
Cool mechanic, just like Xefas' Righteous Fury, but this one the opponent has a way to get rid of.

Toy Train Set [2]
Epic Neutral Minion
0/1
Taunt
Can't be targeted by Spells or Hero Powers.
Can't be damaged by Minions or Weapons.
"MAKE. IT. STOP."

Let me just reuse a quote from Keledrath here: "NO! NO! BAD, EVIL PERSON!"

AgentPaper - Defensive Stance. Excellent way to protect your minions, even if it would make control warriors even more annoying that they already are.

Frog Dragon
2015-01-19, 02:01 PM
Eh, that was pretty much all the revision I wanted to do on the cloak. I edited it twice in total.

Gandariel
2015-01-19, 05:11 PM
Eh, that was pretty much all the revision I wanted to do on the cloak. I edited it twice in total.

He was discussing it with me. And the end result is different from the original, because damage is rounded up (so you're not immune to Avenging Wrath, pings and similar things)

AgentPaper
2015-01-19, 06:01 PM
Hooray!

For the next contest: Make a mech, or a card that interacts with mechs.

Judging will be next Monday, the 26th.

Jormengand
2015-01-19, 06:50 PM
Tricia, Master Engineer 8
Legendary Mage Minion
Battlecry: Replace your hero with Tricia.
2/15

Tricia's Wrench 0
Legendary Uncollectable Weapon
Can attack own mechs; if you do you heal instead of damage and they don't fight back.
2/8

UPGRADE! 2
Hero Power
All your mechs get +1/+1

"Tricia, reporting for duty!"

"Thank you so much!"
"Nicely done!"
"Why hello there!"
"Aw, sorry!"
"Whoops!"
"Ready for this?"

"You win... this time!"
"Too many minions for that one!"
"Sorry, no can do."
"Gotta get rid of some cards!"
"Hey, I can't attack again!"
"Pile'a junk isn't ready yet!
"Hey, give the poor thing a rest!"
"Running on low power, commander!"
"I can't, my wrench is broke!"
"I don't know how to use that one!"
"Wait, what am I aiming at?"
"This doesn't work on those!"
"Hey, we need to attack that one first!"
"I'm running out of cards!"
"Uh-oh, out of cards!"
"Ah... gimme a moment!"
"Commander, whadda we do?"
"Hmm..."
"We gotta do this quickly!"

"All right, repairs coming up!"/"Well, you only live once... charge!"
"UPGRADE! Ahaha!"

Yes, the wording is a little different to Jaraxxus', because "Destroy your hero" didn't seem to fit with Tricia. Based the cost off him too - slightly weaker but more versatile weapon, and a hero power that's a lot more situational but might be powerful. *Shrug*

Xefas
2015-01-19, 07:36 PM
Mechano-Lord Capacitus 7
Legendary Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Destroy two mana crystals on both sides of the field for each Mech in play.
5/5
[Mech]

http://i.imgur.com/z4HYyLs.png

Summon Audio (http://wowimg.zamimg.com/wowsounds/sound/creature/mechanolordcapacitus/tempest_mechano_aggro01.ogg)

Attack Audio (http://wowimg.zamimg.com/wowsounds/sound/creature/mechanolordcapacitus/tempest_mechano_slay01.ogg)

Death Audio (http://wowimg.zamimg.com/wowsounds/sound/creature/mechanolordcapacitus/tempest_mechano_death01.ogg)

D-naras
2015-01-19, 08:10 PM
Lean-ing Mean-ing Machine 4
Rare Warrior Minion
Battlecry: Deal damage to a minion until it has 1 health. It gains that much power.
3/3
- For some reason, sudden whirlwinds always follow this robot.

Top-down design, zero Mech synergy. Still I like this a lot.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-01-19, 09:44 PM
Blonde Bombshell <2>
This minion appears to be a wingless, mechanical succubus with a wig of long golden hair. The whip in her hands sparkles at one end, like a fuse.
Rare Neutral Minion - Mech
Deathrattle: deal 4 damage to the hero whose turn it is.
3/1

Incidentally, here's the wowwiki entry for, "Trianna." (http://www.wowwiki.com/Trianna) Apparently she's the Night Elves' tailoring trainer? Except they changed the trainers around in a patch so she isn't anymore?

I was looking for other interesting engineers when I found this NPC:
Kaye Toogie (http://www.wowwiki.com/Kaye_Toogie) 5
Legendary Neutral Minion
Battlecry: summon a random assortment of mechanical dragonlings.
2/2

She can summon three of the regular 2/1's, one 2/1 and one 3/2 Mithril Dragonling, or a single 5/3 Arcanite Dragonling.

Draken
2015-01-19, 10:45 PM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/t/celCfFpF.png (http://achievementgen.com/hearthstone/)
Siegecrafter Blackfuse [10]
Legendary Neutral Minion
6/12
At the end of your turn, bring an invention out of the production line.
Mech
This goblin is to blame for the Iron Juggernaut.

Voiceovers:
Summoned: "Time to mix business with pleasure!"
Attack: "Another satisfied customer."

He summons a random one at the end of each turn! No more than one of each invention can be on the board at any given time. Blackfuse also says a line for each summon.

"Hey, I heard you like mines, so... enjoy!"
Crawler Mine [4]
4/2
Mech

"Meet the LT-403 Evaporation laser. A personal point of pride."
LT-403 Evaporation Laser Turret [4]
0/4
At the beginning of your turn, deal 4 damage to a random enemy.
Can't attack.
Mech

"Presenting... the beautiful new ST-03 Shockwave missile turret!"
ST-03 Shockwave Missile [4]
3/3
Deathrattle: Deal 3 damage to all enemies.
Mech

"Ya' ever wonder how magnets work?"
Electromagnet [4]
0/12
Can't attack.
Taunt
Mech

"Another round!"
Magnetized Sawblade [4]
0/4
At the beginning of your turn, deal 1 damage to all enemies.
Mech

"The SD-5 Automated Shredder defense unit. A labor of love."
SD-5 Automated Shredder [4]
3/5
Taunt
At the beginning of your turn, heal this minion to its full health.
Mech

r2d2go
2015-01-19, 11:00 PM
Electric Pulsemage 5
Rare Mage Minion
At the end of each turn, deal 2 damage to each mech.
4/4
Freakin' goblins. Freakin' gnomes.

Gandariel
2015-01-20, 05:12 AM
GUN-D4-M suit 4
Epic Neutral Mech

Battlecry: target friendly non mech minion becomes the pilot; Gain +4 attack.
Deathrattle: summon the pilot.
2/5

How it works:
When you cast it, the minion you target disappears inside the GUN-D4-M.
The GUN-D4-M becomes a 6/5 with Deathrattle: summon the pilot. (Which brings back the original minion on the field)

So, this is more or less comparable to Blessing of Kings plus ancestral spirit. Strong and hard to remove, but extremely weak to silence.

Still not so sure about numbers.

Oh, and I made the pilot a non mech to avoid matrioska pilots, which would be too silly.
Also, might change the name to D41-T4-RN 3

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-01-20, 04:51 PM
Lord Kami'na (3)
Legendary Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Give a mech +1 Attack for each full mana crystal you have.
2/2
JUST WHO THE HECK DO YOU THINK THIS CARD IS PARODYING??

:smallbiggrin:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e96/Curubethion/Kamina.png

I mean, once Gandariel did GUN-D4-M, I knew what I had to do. Other than that, I aimed for an interesting effect that actually makes a lot of sense for the character. (But that last bit's a bonus.) Which...still trying to work out how good it is, and if it works. At max power, that's a +7 attack buff, which makes the mech a prime target for removal but also gives it a lot of damage potential to the face. Otherwise, you could also use this to trade up a weaker mech for a pretty hefty minion, although smaller minions surviving late-game is not something I'd always expect. Most of the time, I'd expect to see Kami'na dropped on T7 for the +4 Attack.

CantigThimble
2015-01-20, 05:31 PM
Rust-Plague Host 5
Neutral Epic
Battlecry: Silence all mechs and weapons.
3/4
Mech

AgentPaper
2015-01-20, 06:08 PM
Since there seems to be some confusion, the normal way to note a minion's creature type is to replace "minion" in the type line with it's creature type, like so:

Mech Thing 2
Common Neutral Mech
3/3

Of course, as long as it's clear what your minion is, it won't affect the judging. This is just the standard way to note it.

thirsting
2015-01-20, 07:19 PM
..okay..

Helwilm the Enforcer 8
Legendary Neutral Mech
Battlecry: Target minion is untargetable and may not have Taunt while Helwilm the Enforcer is alive.
6/6

"No."

Eugh. Badly disguised nod at another game..
Eeeedit: Changed "Immune" to untargetable - this means area effects (and ogres!) can now circumvent this. Also scrambled name.

Anxe
2015-01-21, 03:04 AM
Goblin Recycler 2
Rare Netural Minion
Whenever one of your mechs dies, deal 1 damage to a random enemy.
2/3

http://www.hearthcards.net/cards/21266279.png