PDA

View Full Version : Hearthstone - You Make the Card

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

cha0s4a11
2015-01-25, 03:33 AM
Jebediah Kerman 4
Legendary Neutral Minion (Kerbal)
Battlecry: Give a friendly mech +2 Attack and Charge.
After that mech attacks, it EXPLODES! If Jebediah survives the explosion, return him to your hand.
0/1
"This rocket won't go to space at all! ADD MOAR BOOSTERS!!!"

Note - Explosion mechanics are as follows:
1) Player attacks with mech that has been boosted by Jeb.
2) X = However much health the mech has after attacking.
3) Deal X damage randomly split to all other minions (like Mad Bomber)
4) After dealing damage, destroy the mech.
5) If Jebediah is still alive, return him to hand.

Jormengand
2015-01-25, 06:08 AM
Incidentally, here's the wowwiki entry for, "Trianna." (http://www.wowwiki.com/Trianna) Apparently she's the Night Elves' tailoring trainer? Except they changed the trainers around in a patch so she isn't anymore?

Huh. I chose a name from elsewhere because I don't really know anything about WoW. They're literally new characters I make up on the spot.

She does craft things, though, but whatever. I'll abbreviate the name to Tricia, which the person I'm thinking of barely ever uses.

Frog Dragon
2015-01-27, 03:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yqYIWZX.png

Hidebound Blademaster 5
Epic Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Destroy a random enemy mech. Whenever a mech dies, gain +1/+1.
5/3

Back in my day, we fought our own battles instead of having fancy schmancy robots do it for us.

AgentPaper
2015-01-28, 02:03 AM
Tricia, Master Engineer 8
Legendary Mage Minion
Battlecry: Replace your hero with Tricia.
2/15

Tricia's Wrench 0
Legendary Uncollectable Weapon
Can attack own mechs; if you do you heal instead of damage and they don't fight back.
2/8

UPGRADE! 2
Hero Power
All your mechs get +1/+1

Well, I do like me some Jaraxxus, though the flavor here isn't quite as good as his. It's just a generic "This is your hero now" kind of thing, something that should probably be avoided lest this kind of mechanic starts to become overused. The last thing you want is for Jaraxxus's mechanic to become normal.

The connection to Mage is also a bit tenuous. This is a creature (technically), not a spell, so it doesn't need to be hero-specific.

The wording on the Wrench could be condensed a bit, just say "Can be used to heal your own mechs" or something along those lines and let the flavor speak for itself.

UPGRADE! is also a bit...boring. It could potentially be strong, sure, but if you've already got enough mechs on the board for it to be worthwhile, you're probably winning anyways. The whole point of Jaraxxus is that he's powerful enough to drag you back into the game when you're behind. Really, and high-cost card needs to have that potential.

As is, it's Tricia is simply too weak to be actually good and too tame for anyone to want to use her just for fun.

Mechano-Lord Capacitus 7
Legendary Neutral Mech
Battlecry: Destroy two mana crystals on both sides of the field for each Mech in play.
5/5

This...wow. So basically, you play him on turn 7 with any two other mechs on board, and everyone's back to turn 1. This can very easily turn a temporary advantage into a certain win, and there's very little that your opponent can do about it. Power level wise, it's probably not too bad, but it actively makes the game less swingy and less fun, less chance for a comeback. If there was at least some time for the enemy to react before the effect hit, it might be manageable, but as is there's simply no excuse for it.

Lean-ing Mean-ing Machine 4
Rare Warrior Mech
Battlecry: Deal damage to a minion until it has 1 health. It gains that much power.
3/3

(You didn't note it in your post, but I'll assume that this is a mech)

Took me a while to get the pun: It's a machine that makes things lean and mean. Wasn't sold on it until I realized that.

Overall, I like the mechanic: turn your big beastie into a one-shot missile of sorts that deals tons of damage, and even then your opponent still has to do something to finish it off (though they almost certainly will). The exact wording is a bit fiddly, but it's functional, so I'll give that a pass.

Blonde Bombshell 2
Rare Neutral Mech
Deathrattle: Deal 4 damage to the hero whose turn it is.
3/1

Interesting. A souped-up Leper Gnome, essentially. I definitely like me some Leper Gnome, so I'm naturally inclined to like this as well. Slight downside in that using it to kill something blows you up instead, but in the kind of deck that wants to run this, you want to be hitting enemy face and letting them do all the minion trading anyways, so that's actually fine.

Importantly, it works even when it's killed by AoE or the mage ping, guaranteeing at least four damage for 2 mana, which is perfectly acceptable. If it gets a few hits in beside that, then that's just gravy.

Siegecrafter Blackfuse 10
Legendary Neutral Mech
At the end of your turn, bring an invention out of the production line.
6/12

Crawler Mine 4
Uncollectible Mech
4/2

LT-403 Evaporation Laser Turret 4
Uncollectible Mech
At the beginning of your turn, deal 4 damage to a random enemy.
Can't attack.
0/4

ST-03 Shockwave Missile 4
Uncollectible Mech
Deathrattle: Deal 3 damage to all enemies.
3/3

Electromagnet 4
Uncollectible Mech
Can't attack.
Taunt
0/12

Magnetized Sawblade 4
Uncollectible Mech
At the beginning of your turn, deal 1 damage to all enemies.
0/4

SD-5 Automated Shredder 4
Uncollectible Mech
Taunt
At the beginning of your turn, heal this minion to its full health.
3/5

Hm, hard to judge this one, with all the moving parts. Six different possible summons is a bit much. I can't imagine this seeing much competitive play, due to the randomness, and unfortunately I don't think it would be especially popular as a "for fun" inclusion either, mostly because all of the effects are fairly straightforwards. Seems like you should either cut down on the randomness (ie: cut down to three inventions), or make the inventions do more varied and interesting things, that make the game fun rather than just help you win.

Electric Pulsemage 5
Rare Mage Minion
At the end of each turn, deal 2 damage to each mech.
4/4

Eh, functional but not very exciting. Really not much to say about this card, it fills it's function as an anti-mech card, has a decent power level, and otherwise is about as generic as you get.

GUN-D4-M suit 4
Epic Neutral Mech
Battlecry: Target friendly non mech minion becomes the pilot; Gain +4 attack.
Deathrattle: Summon the pilot.
2/5

You know, I really wouldn't put it past Blizzard to name one of their bosses something like that. Well, aside from the fact they'd be sued into the ground, but hey, you can't have everything, right?

As for the card...hm, I like the idea, but I can't help feel like the attack bonus should depend on the power of the pilot. I mean, there should be a difference between a mech piloted by some random Argent Squire and one piloted by DEATHWING, DESTROYER OF WORLDS(ofwarcraft)!

The power level is also a bit off. It's a 6/5 for 4, which is really, really strong, and the pilot thing can just as easily be an upside as a downside, depending on the mechanics of how it works. Does it restore it to full health? Trigger battlecries? Even if the answer to both of those is, "No," it's still potentially quite a bit of power for not too much cost.

As long as it doesn't restore health or trigger battlecries, though, it's probably OK. Good, but sometimes you won't have a good target for the pilot, and a 2/5 is decent but not great for a 4-cost minion.

Lord Kami'na 3
Legendary Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Give a mech +1 Attack for each full mana crystal you have.
2/2

Man, you can't see it, but my eyes are rolling SO HARD right now. Somehow this feels inevitable considering Gandariel's entry, but still, yes. Much very yes.

Unfortunately, the card itself doesn't quite live up to its namesake. It can be a nice boost, but it's too fiddly and too weak to really capture Kamina's full glory.

Rust-Plague Host 5
Neutral Epic Mech
Battlecry: Silence all mechs and weapons.
3/4

Nifty, but a bit narrow. Its not anti-mech, but rather anti-mechs-who-have-stuff-you-want-to-dispel. Weapons with stuff worth dispelling are even more rare. Combined with its overall weak stats, and this is very meh.

Helwilm the Enforcer 8
Legendary Neutral Mech
Battlecry: Target minion is untargetable and may not have Taunt while Helwilm the Enforcer is alive.
6/6

Perhaps there's some reference I'm missing here, but this seems like a fairly pointless card. Maybe there will be some times where his ability is important, but I'm not sure when that is, and certainly can't imagine it coming up often enough to justify this card. As a legendary, it just doesn't seem to do anything really exciting.

Goblin Recycler 2
Rare Netural Minion
Whenever one of your mechs dies, deal 1 damage to a random enemy.
2/3

I like this. It's a sort of roud-about synergy, but it's definitely synergy. It's also perfect goblin flavor: "Recycling" parts by making them blow up in your enemy's face.

Jebediah Kerman 4
Legendary Neutral Kerbal
Battlecry: Give a friendly mech +2 Attack and Charge.
After that mech attacks, it EXPLODES! If Jebediah survives the explosion, return him to your hand.
0/1

Another instance of a card that would be improved by more vague and evokative text. IE: "Battlecry: Jebediah pilots target mech into a random enemy. If Jebediah survives the explosion, return him to your hand."

Though, honestly, returning to your hand is probably not necessary or a good idea. It would be very simple to use him as a repeatable +2 attack and charge buff, suiciding minions into stuff that gets rid of all of your health. Not so much a problem because it's too strong (it's not), but because it discourages you from using Jeb in the way it seems like he should be played, which is to make a big boom.

I like the idea of this card, but I just don't think you got the execution down quite right.

Hidebound Blademaster 5
Epic Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Destroy a random enemy mech. Whenever a mech dies, gain +1/+1.
5/3

Well, he certainly interacts with mechs! With a hammer! This is a neat effect, and I think you got the cost and stats all about right.

You also seem to have struck a very nice balance between the various player types and what they want from a card, which is rare. Spike likes this because it's removal on a stick. Timmy likes it because it's big and gets bigger. Johnny likes it because what about destroying your own mechs? With deathrattle?

D-naras with Lean-ing Mean-ing Machine
Dr.Gunsforhands with Blonde Bombshell
Anxe with Goblin Recycler
Frog Dragon with Hidebound Blademaster

The decision between these four was really, really tough. At various times, I was considering giving the win to each of them, and for a few crazed moments, to all of them, but in the end there could only be one...

Dr.Gunsforhands with Blonde Bombshell

While all of the runner-ups were great, I picked this one mainly due to the interesting and innovative use of "player whose turn it is" as a mechanic. It's subtle, but it adds a lot of interesting dynamics to the card that make it interesting to play with, without bogging down the moment-to-moment gameplay.

Gandariel
2015-01-28, 03:38 AM
GUN-D4-M suit 4
Epic Neutral Mech
Battlecry: Target friendly non mech minion becomes the pilot; Gain +4 attack.
Deathrattle: Summon the pilot.
2/5

You know, I really wouldn't put it past Blizzard to name one of their bosses something like that. Well, aside from the fact they'd be sued into the ground, but hey, you can't have everything, right?

As for the card...hm, I like the idea, but I can't help feel like the attack bonus should depend on the power of the pilot. I mean, there should be a difference between a mech piloted by some random Argent Squire and one piloted by DEATHWING, DESTROYER OF WORLDS(ofwarcraft)!

The power level is also a bit off. It's a 6/5 for 4, which is really, really strong, and the pilot thing can just as easily be an upside as a downside, depending on the mechanics of how it works. Does it restore it to full health? Trigger battlecries? Even if the answer to both of those is, "No," it's still potentially quite a bit of power for not too much cost.

As long as it doesn't restore health or trigger battlecries, though, it's probably OK. Good, but sometimes you won't have a good target for the pilot, and a 2/5 is decent but not great for a 4-cost minion.

Short answer:

The pilot pops back out at full health, without triggering battlecries. Like a piloted Shredder's pilot.

Making the attack depend on the pilot would have been too complex and hard to balance, but i suppose this loses out on flavour.

@ 6/5 on 4 is strong and the pilot is an upside:

This thing requires you to have a minion on board, and the end result that you still have only one minion on board (albeit stronger).

So the immediate effect is basically Blessing of Kings, which:
- gives a bigger bonus (casting it on a 3/2 gives you a 7/6)
-DOES let you attack on the same turn,
- is definitely not too strong, since it's not really played.

So yeah, i don't really think this thing is too strong. I balanced out the fact that this is a bit weaker than Blessing of Kings with the fact that it's more resilient to removal.

Anyways, i totally agree with the judging, and the new mechanic by Dr Gunsforhands is really interesting :D

AgentPaper
2015-01-28, 04:39 PM
@ 6/5 on 4 is strong and the pilot is an upside:

This thing requires you to have a minion on board, and the end result that you still have only one minion on board (albeit stronger).

So the immediate effect is basically Blessing of Kings, which:
- gives a bigger bonus (casting it on a 3/2 gives you a 7/6)
-DOES let you attack on the same turn,
- is definitely not too strong, since it's not really played.

So yeah, i don't really think this thing is too strong. I balanced out the fact that this is a bit weaker than Blessing of Kings with the fact that it's more resilient to removal.

Not triggering battlecries is good, and probably necessary since it can happen when it's not your turn, but I think you're underestimating the value of resistance to removal. Blessing of Kings is bad because it opens you up to getting 2-for-1'd. If it also had a "when this would be killed, instead just remove the buff", it would be much, much stronger, possibly too strong. Your card is essentially that, except that it can also heal weakened minions, remove silence or other bad effects, and will often give better than a net +4/+4 to your stats.

Draken
2015-01-28, 11:49 PM
Siegecrafter Blackfuse 10
Legendary Neutral Mech
At the end of your turn, bring an invention out of the production line.
6/12

Crawler Mine 4
Uncollectible Mech
4/2

LT-403 Evaporation Laser Turret 4
Uncollectible Mech
At the beginning of your turn, deal 4 damage to a random enemy.
Can't attack.
0/4

ST-03 Shockwave Missile 4
Uncollectible Mech
Deathrattle: Deal 3 damage to all enemies.
3/3

Electromagnet 4
Uncollectible Mech
Can't attack.
Taunt
0/12

Magnetized Sawblade 4
Uncollectible Mech
At the beginning of your turn, deal 1 damage to all enemies.
0/4

SD-5 Automated Shredder 4
Uncollectible Mech
Taunt
At the beginning of your turn, heal this minion to its full health.
3/5

Hm, hard to judge this one, with all the moving parts. Six different possible summons is a bit much. I can't imagine this seeing much competitive play, due to the randomness, and unfortunately I don't think it would be especially popular as a "for fun" inclusion either, mostly because all of the effects are fairly straightforwards. Seems like you should either cut down on the randomness (ie: cut down to three inventions), or make the inventions do more varied and interesting things, that make the game fun rather than just help you win.

Two things about Blackfuse that I feel need clarifying!

1. I made this guy more after Ysera than after Gelbin.

2. An important portion of the card was keeping it somewhat true to his encounter in Siege of Orgrimmar.

On a separate note! Draken, not Drake!

Xefas
2015-01-29, 02:20 PM
Mechano-Lord Capacitus 7
Legendary Neutral Mech
Battlecry: Destroy two mana crystals on both sides of the field for each Mech in play.
5/5

This...wow. So basically, you play him on turn 7 with any two other mechs on board, and everyone's back to turn 1. This can very easily turn a temporary advantage into a certain win, and there's very little that your opponent can do about it. Power level wise, it's probably not too bad, but it actively makes the game less swingy and less fun, less chance for a comeback. If there was at least some time for the enemy to react before the effect hit, it might be manageable, but as is there's simply no excuse for it.

I'm sure this doesn't make a difference, but it's my understanding that Battlecrys activate before the minion enters the battlefield (i.e. if your opponent has a Snipe, and you play an Abusive Sergeant, the Sergeant's Battlecry goes off, even though the Snipe kills him immediately when he enters the battlefield, or how Mirror Entity doesn't trigger off Lord Jaraxxus being played because his Battlecry prevents him from ever entering the battlefield). So, the intent was that Mechano-Lord Capacitus does not include himself in his Battlecry's calculations.

Jormengand
2015-01-29, 02:22 PM
I'm sure this doesn't make a difference, but it's my understanding that Battlecrys activate before the minion enters the battlefield (i.e. if your opponent has a Snipe, and you play an Abusive Sergeant, the Sergeant's Battlecry goes off, even though the Snipe kills him immediately when he enters the battlefield, or how Mirror Entity doesn't trigger off Lord Jaraxxus being played because his Battlecry prevents him from ever entering the battlefield). So, the intent was that Mechano-Lord Capacitus does not include himself in his Battlecry's calculations.

Playing Lord Jaraxxus initially summons him as a minion, before his Battlecry transforms him into a hero who then takes over from the playing hero.

Because of this, abilities that trigger when you play a minion will affect him. This includes Snipe, which will deal 4 damage to him, leading to a hero with only 11 health; Repentance, which will reduce his health to 1; and Mirror Entity, which will summon a permanent 3/15 Lord Jaraxxus minion for the opponent, albeit without any special text or abilities - this can also be achieved through cards such as Voidcaller, Mindgames and Alarm-o-Bot. However, once Jaraxxus has become a hero, he no longer counts as a minion, and cannot be targeted with spells such as Demonfire. (http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Lord_Jaraxxus#Notes)

Hamste
2015-01-29, 02:24 PM
Frostwolf Warlord would be a lot better if it included itself when counting the number of cards on the field.

Jormengand
2015-01-29, 02:27 PM
Frostwolf Warlord would be a lot better if it included itself when counting the number of cards on the field.

Well, it has the courtesy to specify "Other."

Xefas
2015-01-29, 02:28 PM
Playing Lord Jaraxxus initially summons him as a minion, before his Battlecry transforms him into a hero who then takes over from the playing hero.

Because of this, abilities that trigger when you play a minion will affect him. This includes Snipe, which will deal 4 damage to him, leading to a hero with only 11 health; Repentance, which will reduce his health to 1; and Mirror Entity, which will summon a permanent 3/15 Lord Jaraxxus minion for the opponent, albeit without any special text or abilities - this can also be achieved through cards such as Voidcaller, Mindgames and Alarm-o-Bot. However, once Jaraxxus has become a hero, he no longer counts as a minion, and cannot be targeted with spells such as Demonfire. (http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Lord_Jaraxxus#Notes)

Huh. How've I never seen that happen? Oh well. Hamste provided a far better example anyway:

Jormengand
2015-01-29, 02:31 PM
Huh. How've I never seen that happen? Oh well. Hamste provided a far better example anyway:

Well, here's Alarm-o-bot into Jaraxxus. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZmDag62Y44) Can't find the mirror one though.

EDIT: Here. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HqhNaX4g6k)

Xefas
2015-01-29, 02:36 PM
Well, here's Alarm-o-bot into Jaraxxus. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZmDag62Y44) Can't find the mirror one though.

I meant the Snipe/Repentance/MirrorEntity hitting him before his Battlecry activates, which seems counter to how other Battlecrys work. Which is kinda interesting. I've seen him hit the field before (by Voidcaller mostly), although he never seems as useful as a 3/15 ought to be. Like, c'mon, that's an incredible amount of health! Just once I wanna see board-Jaraxxus wreck some face.

Jormengand
2015-01-29, 02:40 PM
I meant the Snipe/Repentance/MirrorEntity hitting him before his Battlecry activates, which seems counter to how other Battlecrys work. Which is kinda interesting. I've seen him hit the field before (by Voidcaller mostly), although he never seems as useful as a 3/15 ought to be. Like, c'mon, that's an incredible amount of health! Just once I wanna see board-Jaraxxus wreck some face.

Edited mirror one in.

"You face Jaraxxus, Erador lord of the burning legion!"
"Screw you, I am Jaraxxus!"

Gandariel
2015-01-30, 03:23 AM
Ahem, can we get a contest here?

AgentPaper
2015-01-30, 03:36 AM
Ahem, can we get a contest here?

Sent a PM reminder. He should post soon, or if not then I'll pick one of the runner-ups.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-01-30, 06:56 PM
Thanks, AP. I didn't even realize I won! :smalltongue:

Anyway, this week... hmm...

I have an idea that I've been thinking about for a while: though they are not strictly cards, I'd like to see some ideas for a new hero power.

- If it's a hero power for players, it should be applied to an existing class. Like any class card, this means fitting in with the rest of the class's theme to some extent. Thinking of a new hero to go with it is not required, but it will probably be fun. (Remember the Hemet Nesingwary fight from the tutorial?)

- If it's a hero power for a boss, I'll need a little more description of the theme your going for, so the nature of the boss itself is pretty necessary. You don't need to go so far as to invent OP boss cards to go with it, though.

Good luck, have fun!

Gandariel
2015-01-31, 03:00 AM
Fluff to be developed later.

Hero power: energy Rush (cost 2 mana)
gain 3 mana crystals this turn only. take 3 damage

/edit: couldn't find time to flesh it out. I was gonna explain stuff like card advantage, flame imp, etc. It was gonna be a class like Warlock with subpar cards.

Xefas
2015-01-31, 04:36 AM
I'm going to have to put this whole thing in a spoiler. Its a Hero Power, Class Call, for Nefarian in a hypothetical 'Blackwing Lair' raid/adventure.

http://i.imgur.com/DdlDJZx.png

In this world where time is your enemy, it is my greatest ally. This grand game of life that you think you play, in fact, plays you. To that I say... Let the games begin!

Nefarian's Hero Power

http://i.imgur.com/AXX1Vi1.png

Class Call
Hero Power (2)
Inconvenience your enemies based on their class.

'Class Call' has a different effect on the player based on their class. Nefarian's declarations appear in a text bubble to thematically associate him with his raid encounter in Blackwing Lair, but there is no audio component, because that would get really goddamn annoying to hear over and over again.

Druid: Nefarian declares 'Druids and your silly shapeshifting. Let's see it in action!'. All of the cards in the Druid's hand that have a mana cost of (3) or higher are exchanged randomly for one of the 'Claw', 'Bite', or 'Swipe' Druid class cards.

Hunter: Nefarian declares 'Hunters and your annoying pea-shooters!'. The Hunter's weapon is destroyed, their secrets are removed, and all of their minions take 1 damage.

Mage: Nefarian declares 'Mage, you should be more careful when you play with magic...". All of the spells in the Mage's hand are exchanged for the 'Polymorph' Mage class card. Until the end of their next turn, their portrait changes to a Sheep, and their Hero Power becomes '(2) Baaah: +1 attack this turn.'

Priest: Nefarian declares 'Priests! If you're going to keep healing like that, we might as well make it a little more interesting!'. Until the end of the Priest's next turn, all of their cards and powers that restore Health instead deal the same amount of damage. Any 'Power Word: Shield', 'Repairs!', 'Infusion', 'Velen's Chosen', and 'Divine Spirit' effects, produced by the 'Power Word: Shield', 'Upgraded Repair Bot', 'Temple Enforcer', 'Velen's Chosen' and 'Divine Spirit' cards, respectively, that are present on the Priest's minions, are removed. A minion that has one of these effects removed from them is dealt 2, 4, 3, 4, or (their maximum health) damage, respectively.

Paladin: Nefarian declares 'Paladin, I've heard you have many lives. Show me.'. The Paladin equips a 'Truesilver Champion' Paladin class card. All of the minion cards in the Paladin's hand are exchanged randomly for one of the 'Holy Light', 'Lay on Hands', or 'Seal of Light' Paladin class cards each.

Rogue: Nefarian declares 'Rogue! Stop hiding and face me!'. Until the end of the Rogue's next turn, their hero has Taunt and any time they would draw a card, other than the one card normally drawn at the beginning of a player's turn, they do not draw, and instead discard the same number of cards from the top of their deck.

Shaman: Nefarian declares 'Shaman, show me what your totems can do!'. A 'Healing Totem', 'Searing Totem', 'Wrath of Air Totem', and 'Stoneclaw Totem' are summoned on the Shaman's side of the field. If the Shaman already has four or more minions on their side of the field, their leftmost minion is destroyed until they have enough room for all Totems summoned by this ability. Unlike the Shaman's hero power, this ability will summon duplicates of Totems that are already on the Shaman's side of the field.

Warrior: Nefarian declares 'Warrior, I know you can hit harder than that! Let's see it!'. The Warrior equips an 'Arcanite Reaper' Warrior class card. All of the minion cards in the Warrior's hand are exchanged randomly for one of the 'Upgrade', 'Heroic Strike', or 'Execute' Warrior class cards each.

Warlock: Nefarian declares 'Warlock, you shouldn't be playing with magic you don't understand. See what happens?' All of the minion cards in the Warlock's hand are exchanged randomly for non-Legendary Demons. (Succubus, Voidwalker, Blood Imp, Dread Infernal, Flame Imp, Floating Watcher, Infernal, Voidcaller, Doomguard, Felguard, Mistress of Pain, Void Terror, Pit Lord)

Nefarian's Deck

Minions
Green Drakonid 2x
Blue Drakonid 2x
Black Drakonid 2x
Undying Drakonid 2x
Red Drakonid 2x
Bronze Drakonid 2x
Earth Elemental 2x
Chromatic Drakonid 2x
Chromatic Drake 2x

Spells
Earth Shock 2x
Cleave 2x
Shadow Bolt 2x
Shadowflame 1x
Bellowing Roar 2x
Nefarian's Dragonbreath 1x
Nefarian's Authority 2x
Mind Control 1x

New Cards (Text)

Black Drakonid (3)
Uncollectable Neutral Minion (Dragon)
Battlecry: Discard a card from the top of your deck and deal damage equal to its cost to a random enemy minion.
2/3

Blue Drakonid (3)
Deathrattle: Each player draws 2 cards.
2/2

Green Drakonid (2)
Deathrattle: Restore 3 Health to both heroes.
2/2

Undying Drakonid (3)
Deathrattle: Shuffle this minion into your deck.
4/4

Red Drakonid (3)
Deathrattle: Give a random friendly minion +2 Attack and +2 Health.
3/3

Bronze Drakonid (3)
Battlecry: Destroy a friendly minion, then summon a copy of it.
2/1

Bellowing Roar (4)
Uncollectable Neutral Spell
Silence all non-Dragon minions.

Chromatic Drakonid (5)
Taunt
4/5

Chromatic Drake (6)
Your other Dragons have +1 Attack.
Battlecry: Draw a card.
5/4

Nefarian's Dragonbreath (6)
Destroy an enemy minion and the minions adjacent to it.

Nefarian's Authority (8)
Summon three random Drakonids, then give all your Dragons +1 Attack and +1 Health.

New Cards (Images)

http://i.imgur.com/yDdrO6h.png
http://i.imgur.com/WMTHey0.png
http://i.imgur.com/JhwEGeL.png
http://i.imgur.com/JfYbJMx.png
http://i.imgur.com/VSuW4KK.png
http://i.imgur.com/tsjahFz.png
http://i.imgur.com/eDzNml1.png
http://i.imgur.com/i99wSfT.png
http://i.imgur.com/nOUekth.png
http://i.imgur.com/06aOZur.png
http://i.imgur.com/jLhasGd.png

Jormengand
2015-01-31, 08:20 AM
Well Xefas has won. Oh well. :smalltongue:

Master Craftsman Omarion 8
Legendary Neutral Minion
You get a better hero power
4/4

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/tlMaELHt.png

(Wildshape 2
Druid Hero Power
Choose one: +5 attack +1 armour or +3 attack +3 armour.)

(Go for the Throat 2
Hunter Hero Power
Choose one: 6 damage to opponent or summon a 3/2 lion with charge)

(Tearing Lion 3
Rare Uncollectable Minion
Charge
3/2)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/t/c9MTpELf.png

(Searing Lance 2
Mage Hero Power
Choose one: Deal 3 damage or deal 1 damage to each enemy)

(Call for Aid 2
Priest Hero Power
Choose one: Get a 3/3 Silver Hand Master or 3 1/1 Silver Hand Recruits)

(Silver Hand Master 3
3/3)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/Jbj5zSaA.png

(Greater Heal 2
Priest Hero Power
Choose one: Heal 6 damage or heal a hero and all their minions for 2 damage)

(Sword Mastery 2
Rogue Hero Power
Choose one: Equip a 1/6 weapon or equip a 3/2 weapon)

(Glaive Encarmine 3
Rare Uncollectable Weapon
3/2

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/Se7drDj4.png

(Blade Resplendent 3
1/6)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/kPfcUnK6.png

(Totemic Prayer 2
Shaman Hero Power
Choose one: Summon three normal totems or one big totem)

(Not going to write out all their stats but their stats and effects are tripled)

(Demonic Prayer 2
Warlock Hero Power
Pay 2 life. Choose one: Draw three cards or play the top card of your deck.)

(YOU FACE JARAXXUS! 2
Jaraxxus Hero Power
Summon 2 6/6 infernals or give your weapon +2/+2)

(Armoured Bulwark
Warrior Hero Power
Choose one: Get 6 armour, or gain attack equal to your armour this turn)

Gandariel
2015-01-31, 01:23 PM
I'm going to have to put this whole thing in a spoiler. Its a Hero Power, Class Call, for Nefarian in a hypothetical 'Blackwing Lair' raid/adventure.

In this world where time is your enemy, it is my greatest ally. This grand game of life that you think you play, in fact, plays you. To that I say... Let the games begin!

Nefarian's Hero Power

Class Call
Hero Power (2)

'Class Call' has a different effect on the player based on their class. Nefarian's declarations appear in a text bubble to thematically associate him with his raid encounter in Blackwing Lair, but there is no audio component, because that would get really goddamn annoying to hear over and over again.

Druid: Nefarian declares 'Druids and your silly shapeshifting. Let's see it in action!'. All of the cards in the Druid's hand that have a mana cost of (3) or higher are exchanged randomly for one of the 'Claw', 'Bite', or 'Swipe' Druid class cards.

Hunter: Nefarian declares 'Hunters and your annoying pea-shooters!'. The Hunter's weapon is destroyed, their secrets are removed, and all of their minions take 1 damage.

Mage: Nefarian declares 'Mage, you should be more careful when you play with magic...". All of the spells in the Mage's hand are exchanged for the 'Polymorph' Mage class card. Until the end of their next turn, their portrait changes to a Sheep, and their Hero Power becomes '(2) Baaah: +1 attack this turn.'

Priest: Nefarian declares 'Priests! If you're going to keep healing like that, we might as well make it a little more interesting!'. Until the end of the Priest's next turn, all of their cards and powers that restore Health instead deal the same amount of damage. Any 'Power Word: Shield', 'Repairs!', 'Infusion', 'Velen's Chosen', and 'Divine Spirit' effects, produced by the 'Power Word: Shield', 'Upgraded Repair Bot', 'Temple Enforcer', 'Velen's Chosen' and 'Divine Spirit' cards, respectively, that are present on the Priest's minions, are removed. A minion that has one of these effects removed from them is dealt 2, 4, 3, 4, or (their maximum health) damage, respectively.

Paladin: Nefarian declares 'Paladin, I've heard you have many lives. Show me.'. The Paladin equips a 'Truesilver Champion' Paladin class card. All of the minion cards in the Paladin's hand are exchanged randomly for one of the 'Holy Light', 'Lay on Hands', or 'Seal of Light' Paladin class cards each.

Rogue: Nefarian declares 'Rogue! Stop hiding and face me!'. Until the end of the Rogue's next turn, their hero has Taunt and any time they would draw a card, other than the one card normally drawn at the beginning of a player's turn, they do not draw, and instead discard the same number of cards from the top of their deck.

Shaman: Nefarian declares 'Shaman, show me what your totems can do!'. A 'Healing Totem', 'Searing Totem', 'Wrath of Air Totem', and 'Stoneclaw Totem' are summoned on the Shaman's side of the field. If the Shaman already has four or more minions on their side of the field, their leftmost minion is destroyed until they have enough room for all Totems summoned by this ability. Unlike the Shaman's hero power, this ability will summon duplicates of Totems that are already on the Shaman's side of the field.

Warrior: Nefarian declares 'Warrior, I know you can hit harder than that! Let's see it!'. The Warrior equips an 'Arcanite Reaper' Warrior class card. All of the minion cards in the Warrior's hand are exchanged randomly for one of the 'Upgrade', 'Heroic Strike', or 'Execute' Warrior class cards each.

Warlock: Nefarian declares 'Warlock, you shouldn't be playing with magic you don't understand. See what happens?' All of the minion cards in the Warlock's hand are exchanged randomly for non-Legendary Demons. (Succubus, Voidwalker, Blood Imp, Dread Infernal, Flame Imp, Floating Watcher, Infernal, Voidcaller, Doomguard, Felguard, Mistress of Pain, Void Terror, Pit Lord)

Nefarian's Deck

Minions
Green Drakonid 2x
Blue Drakonid 2x
Black Drakonid 2x
Undying Drakonid 2x
Red Drakonid 2x
Bronze Drakonid 2x
Earth Elemental 2x
Chromatic Drakonid 2x
Chromatic Drake 2x

Spells
Earth Shock 2x
Cleave 2x
Shadow Bolt 2x
Shadowflame 1x
Bellowing Roar 2x
Nefarian's Authority 2x
Mind Control 1x

New Cards (Text)

Black Drakonid (3)
Battlecry: Discard a card from the top of your deck and deal damage equal to its cost to a random enemy minion.
2/3

Blue Drakonid (3)
2/2

Green Drakonid (2)
2/2

Undying Drakonid (3)
4/4

Red Drakonid (3)
3/3

Bronze Drakonid (3)
2/1

Bellowing Roar (4)

Chromatic Drakonid (5)
Taunt
4/5

Chromatic Drake (6)
5/4

Nefarian's Authority (8)
Summon three random Drakonids, then give all your Dragons +1 Attack and +1 Health.

New Cards (Images)

Xefas, i'm happy to see you've spent some time doing this, and I'm sure you have plenty of lore explanation for all of those abilities...
but that hero power is all over the place.

In some cases, it's straight out a strong power (against Hunter, for example ), and in some others it's... beneficial to the player:
Priest, for example is straight up made stronger by that. Also Mage gains infinite Polymorphs, you give free weapons to Pally and Warrior, you give and endless stream of minions and taunters To Shaman...

You should really set up a power level and stick to that.

Also, just make it so that the hero power actually hurts the opponent.

thirsting
2015-01-31, 01:29 PM
Moonkin Form 3
Epic Druid Spell
Your Hero Power becomes 'Gain +2 spell damage until end of turn'. If already in Moonkin Form, +3 spell damage.

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y382/thirsting/Moonkinform_zpswlhc6j97.png (http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/thirsting/media/Moonkinform_zpswlhc6j97.png.html)

So fluffy, yet so deadly.

I can't remember there being any moonkin cards in Hearthstone yet, which is a shame. Also this time, finally, I know my contribution to be lore-friendly!

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-01-31, 02:41 PM
New Hero: "Shotgun" Jones (Hunter)

Hero Power: Shotgun Blast
(2) Deal 3 damage randomly split between all characters

Super hard to figure out the balance on this one while still keeping it fun and 2-mana. Is the lack of a body worth giving out the Mad Bomber's ability on a hero power?

CantigThimble
2015-01-31, 05:59 PM
Ruthless Fury 2
Warrior Epic
Your Hero Power becomes "Your hero is immune this turn." If this is already your hero power, it also gives you +2 attack.

So the idea is to give up your ability to build up defense for the ability to attack minions fearlessly. It needs to be comboed with weapons and you give up shield slam so it needs to be fairly cheap but I think I got the price right.

Xefas
2015-02-01, 12:02 AM
Xefas, i'm happy to see you've spent some time doing this, and I'm sure you have plenty of lore explanation for all of those abilities...
but that hero power is all over the place.

In some cases, it's straight out a strong power (against Hunter, for example ), and in some others it's... beneficial to the player:
Priest, for example is straight up made stronger by that. Also Mage gains infinite Polymorphs, you give free weapons to Pally and Warrior, you give and endless stream of minions and taunters To Shaman...

You should really set up a power level and stick to that.

Also, just make it so that the hero power actually hurts the opponent.

My thinking is this.

If Naxx was any indication, the intent behind each boss in an adventure is not to be challenging, but to be entertaining. You load up a boss, get some amusing quotes, take in the nostalgia, are presented an interesting theme, and you've either brought a deck that completely circumvents their gimmick and win immediately, or you don't, in which case you lose to the gimmick (which is entertaining in its own way), build a deck that circumvents the gimmick, and then win immediately.

Class Call is meant to supplement that exact ideology. It's meant to mess with some of the obvious deck types used to easily plow through adventure content - not to be challenging, because like all other raid bosses, the player will simply build a deck that circumvents the gimmick and then win immediately on their second try - but to increase the probability that the gimmick will 'get' the player on the first go around, in an entertaining way.

Heroic Mode Naxx bosses can end up more like a puzzle, I suppose. But I'm fine imagining that Heroic Nefarian has a much more brutal and uniformly destructive hero power for that purpose. If I can think of one before the week is up, I'll post it. But, at least for the standard mode, I'm fine with it just creating one moment of entertainment, which isn't something every boss in Naxx can boast (*cough* Noth *cough*).

Gandariel
2015-02-01, 04:09 AM
snip

I just think it makes no sense that a boss would break weapon, secrets and deal 1 damage to all minions to a Hunter and give free Polymorphs to the Mage.

But then again, it's your submission. Just giving a suggestion.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-02-01, 03:29 PM
You could have it sheep a random number of cards in your hand instead.

Anxe
2015-02-04, 02:58 AM
New Rogue Power: Sneak Attack
Give a friendly minion stealth until the end of your next turn. If the minion already has stealth, give it +2 attack until the end of the turn.

First you hide, then you stab. Pretty simple. I'd prefer it as just an alternate hero power than a card that gives a new power like Shadowform.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-02-08, 02:45 AM
Sorry if I'm a little late; I'll be posting again within 24 hours with proper judging.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-02-08, 10:39 PM
Hero power: energy Rush (cost 2 mana)
gain 3 mana crystals this turn only. take 3 damage.
I said to tie the powers to either bosses or existing classes, but this thing does feel very Warlocky. It fits the plan I had in mind for this challenge in that you can imagine how someone would adapt differently if this power were available. In this case, it's a pretty easy distinction: the speedy, rush-down "Zoo" deck will almost certainly pick this power to get their damage out faster or gain access to bigger creatures early, while the more controlly "Handlock" deck will probably want to draw cards instead.

The thing is, this power gets the equivalent of a more reliable draw (specifically, into Innervate) as well as a coin in exchange for the one extra health. It's kind of a silly comparison, I suppose, but that's more or less how the game rolls mathematically. I'm not sure how this card would fit into other classes, or indeed into whatever theoretical class you're talking about.

Nefarian's Hero Power

Class Call
Hero Power (2)

Nefarian's Deck

Minions
Green Drakonid 2x
Blue Drakonid 2x
Black Drakonid 2x
Undying Drakonid 2x
Red Drakonid 2x
Bronze Drakonid 2x
Earth Elemental 2x
Chromatic Drakonid 2x
Chromatic Drake 2x

Spells
Earth Shock 2x
Cleave 2x
Shadow Bolt 2x
Shadowflame 1x
Bellowing Roar 2x
Nefarian's Authority 2x
Mind Control 1x

New Cards (Text)

Black Drakonid (3)
2/3

Blue Drakonid (3)
2/2

Green Drakonid (2)
2/2

Undying Drakonid (3)
4/4

Red Drakonid (3)
3/3

Bronze Drakonid (3)
2/1

Bellowing Roar (4)

Chromatic Drakonid (5)
Taunt
4/5

Chromatic Drake (6)
5/4

Nefarian's Authority (8)

New Cards (Images)

This submission kind of puts me in a bind because, while I can tell you put a ton of work into the boss, I need to focus on how well-designed the hero power is, specifically, as a hero power.

In a boss deck, Class Call (or one of its various versions) would be a really cool and interesting card, which he could occasionally cast to screw up a player's plans. Heck, you could even make it a sort of random event that occurs either at the start of the fight or at some other random point, just to make sure that it always happens at least once. But doing something that weird and complex every single turn takes away its impact; it just prevents Nefarian from doing anything more interesting with his mana most of the time.

Master Craftsman Omarion 8
Legendary Neutral Minion
You get a better hero power
4/4

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/tlMaELHt.png

(Wildshape 2
Druid Hero Power
Choose one: +5 attack +1 armour or +3 attack +3 armour.)

(Go for the Throat 2
Hunter Hero Power
Choose one: 6 damage to opponent or summon a 3/2 lion with charge)

(Tearing Lion 3
Charge
3/2)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/t/c9MTpELf.png

(Searing Lance 2
Mage Hero Power
Choose one: Deal 3 damage or deal 1 damage to each enemy)

(Call for Aid 2
Priest Hero Power
Choose one: Get a 3/3 Silver Hand Master or 3 1/1 Silver Hand Recruits)

(Silver Hand Master 3
3/3)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/Jbj5zSaA.png

(Greater Heal 2
Priest Hero Power
Choose one: Heal 6 damage or heal a hero and all their minions for 2 damage)

(Sword Mastery 2
Rogue Hero Power
Choose one: Equip a 1/6 weapon or equip a 3/2 weapon)

(Glaive Encarmine 3
3/2

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/Se7drDj4.png

(Blade Resplendent 3
1/6)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/kPfcUnK6.png

(Totemic Prayer 2
Shaman Hero Power
Choose one: Summon three normal totems or one big totem)

(Not going to write out all their stats but their stats and effects are tripled)

(Demonic Prayer 2
Warlock Hero Power
Pay 2 life. Choose one: Draw three cards or play the top card of your deck.)

(YOU FACE JARAXXUS! 2
Jaraxxus Hero Power
Summon 2 6/6 infernals or give your weapon +2/+2)

(Armoured Bulwark
Warrior Hero Power
Choose one: Get 6 armour, or gain attack equal to your armour this turn)
...huh. I'm actually not sure what to say about this guy. If anything, he seems like he might be too expensive for what he does; he only has 4 health, so you'll almost never get the benefit of the new hero power unless you wait until turn 10 to play him, but it's an interesting idea nonetheless.

The powers themselves? They seem... okay, for the sort of effect they're all currently taped to. It's hard to evaluate them because you bundled them all together this way. Even if one of them is The King of Hero Powers, it would probably be better to put it on a version of this guy that's been reworked to be class-specific.

Moonkin Form 3
Epic Druid Spell
Your Hero Power becomes 'Gain +2 spell damage until end of turn'. If already in Moonkin Form, +3 spell damage.

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y382/thirsting/Moonkinform_zpswlhc6j97.png (http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/thirsting/media/Moonkinform_zpswlhc6j97.png.html)

So fluffy, yet so deadly.
I'm not sure how useful this hero power would be, but I can still dig it. It's a card tailored to a specific style of play, and you can imagine what a druid might be able to do with the new option when you build a deck around it.

Not to mention that I agree with you: Moonkin haven't been getting nearly enough love in Hearthstone. :smalltongue:

New Hero: "Shotgun" Jones (Hunter)

Hero Power: Shotgun Blast
(2) Deal 3 damage randomly split between all characters
I'm tempted to just say you win on sheer comedy value. It's a simple, effective hero power that encourages you to play very differently than a normal hunter would. ...well, 'effective,' might be the wrong word. :smalltongue:

Remember, I never actually said that a hero power had to cost exactly 2 mana; if you played with it a bit, you might have gotten away with letting it not hit yourself.

New Rogue Power: Sneak Attack
Give a friendly minion stealth until the end of your next turn. If the minion already has stealth, give it +2 attack until the end of the turn.
You forgot to put in a cost! Everyone's been assuming that hero powers cost <2>, but they don't technically have to. Indeed, I actually would have been happier if this thing cost <3>.

Stealth costs <1> and a card, and while it hits all of your minions, you'll usually only care about one anyway. A 2-mana hero power use is supposed to be a teensy bit less valuable than one card, or be about on par with a 0-cost card like Moonfire or Wisp. The ability to stealth an important minion whenever you want is worth more than the sum of its proverbial parts, though; if you can get out, say, Gadget-San and let him reliably survive for a turn or two, it can get pretty wild. Indeed, there has already been a game-breaking combo deck dedicated to the idea, even when it actually required spending cards to do it. The secondary function does ensure that you won't get away with it forever, though... hmm...

...ah, but that's what's so great about it, isn't it? I'm already thinking of the new kinds of decks that would be built around this version of the rogue. Even if the balance is way off, this is pretty much exactly the sort of feeling I was hoping to get from this contest.

Still, the fact that you just plain can't use it unless you have a minion out is actually a major issue. Part of the point of hero power is to guarantee that you'll usually be able to do something on your turn, even if the cards in your hand are useless.

Results!
Everyone has enough strengths in their entries to qualify as a runner-up here, but Thirsting's has a combination of everything: a little extra work to get the image and flavor right, an interesting and style-dependent power, and while I was kind of hoping to pick a new starting power, Moonkin Form does introduce its more powerful effect in a way that makes sense.

GG, Thirsting!

Good game, well played.

CantigThimble
2015-02-09, 12:30 AM
Did my entry get missed?

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-02-09, 07:12 PM
I thought I was missing something.

Ruthless Fury 2
Warrior Epic
Your Hero Power becomes "Your hero is immune this turn." If this is already your hero power, it also gives you +2 attack.

This card actually has all of the same mechanical strengths as Thirsting's: it's interesting itself, it encourages a different play style, and it offers support for something that seems to me to be under-supported: the super-fun weapon warrior. Indeed, when I was looking through the posts before actually multi-quoting, I was thinking that yours was going to win.

I still stand behind Thirting's victory, though, due to bonus flavor points and the fact that I don't want to flip a coin. :smalltongue:

CantigThimble
2015-02-09, 07:41 PM
I can be happy with a close second and not needing to worry about judging the next round.:smalltongue:

Gandariel
2015-02-10, 02:03 AM
I said to tie the powers to either bosses or existing classes, but this thing does feel very Warlocky. It fits the plan I had in mind for this challenge in that you can imagine how someone would adapt differently if this power were available. In this case, it's a pretty easy distinction: the speedy, rush-down "Zoo" deck will almost certainly pick this power to get their damage out faster or gain access to bigger creatures early, while the more controlly "Handlock" deck will probably want to draw cards instead.

The thing is, this power gets the equivalent of a more reliable draw (specifically, into Innervate) as well as a coin in exchange for the one extra health. It's kind of a silly comparison, I suppose, but that's more or less how the game rolls mathematically. I'm not sure how this card would fit into other classes, or indeed into whatever theoretical class you're talking about.

Nitpick: it doesn't draw into innervate plus a coin.
it costs 2 mana and gives you 3. Net gain is just one. Basically, pay life to have Wild Growth up without spending cards.

The life pay, it was actually gonna be 2. Still not sure, since it's really useful. But eh. Probably 2 is a fair cost. Anyways, i didn't get to play with it much.

thirsting
2015-02-10, 02:29 AM
I can be happy with a close second and not needing to worry about judging the next round.:smalltongue:

Dammit.

This time, roll a spellcraft check.

CantigThimble
2015-02-10, 02:12 PM
Switcheroo 4
Epic Rogue Spell
Exchange all Triggered Effects(Triggered effects are represented by a lightning bolt or skull at the bottom of a minion's portrait) of a minion with a random friendly minion.

The text is parentheses is what shows when you hover over the card, like with divine shield or taunt.

Gandariel
2015-02-10, 02:46 PM
Draining Trap 2
Rare Hunter Secret
When your opponent plays a card, empty all his remaining Mana Crystals.
You only got one shot, make it count.

So, at first i wanted to make this a Mage secret (slightly more fitting), but in the end i decided against it because:

a) this is a direct opposite to Mirror Entity/Counterspell, which is wrong: Basically, if a Mage plays a Secret it could be either Mirror Entity or this draining spell, and it's impossible to play around both. The only choice is picking at random, which is bad.

b) it felt too weak for 3 mana and a card.
It still feels weak, frankly, and i did consider bumping it to 1 mana for Paladin secretness. But first, this makes no real sense with Paladins, and secondly this is a tempo card: a weak card with a big tempo swing possibility is welcome for classes like Hunter or Rogue.

This card would actually fit really, really well as a hypotetical Rogue secret, but i decided against it because there are no Rogue secrets, and it's hard to evauate a Secret without knowing the others.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and 1d20+5

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-02-10, 04:59 PM
Blizzard Grenade (2)
Rare Rogue Spell
Freeze all minions.
Combo: Then, silence your minions. Your hero gains +2 attack.
Goblins think of everything.

Tough call on the mana-costing for this one. I want the Rogue to have options, and the Combo should be a decent limitation.

Jormengand
2015-02-10, 05:11 PM
Burning Memories 7
Epic mage spell
Burn the top six cards of your opponent's deck. For each you can't, opponent takes fatigue.

No clue how to price this, but here goes absolutely boop-all.

Xefas
2015-02-10, 10:09 PM
Harvest Essence 2
Rare Warlock Spell
Destroy a friendly demon. Your maximum number of Mana Crystals increases by 2.

http://i.imgur.com/dR0AipT.png

(To clarify, you don't get any Mana Crystals, you can just theoretically attain a larger maximum as the game goes on.)

Anxe
2015-02-10, 11:39 PM
Divine the Transmundane 2
Rare Druid Spell
Look at the next three cards of your deck. You may choose to discard any of them. The rest go back on top of your deck in a random order. Draw a card.

The discard effect lets you discard 1, 2, or all 3 cards. An effect really similar to Tracking. Could be better, and could be worse in some situations. It also lets you throw all 3 cards out and just draw something random.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-02-11, 01:41 AM
Nitpick: it doesn't draw into innervate plus a coin.
it costs 2 mana and gives you 3. Net gain is just one. Basically, pay life to have Wild Growth up without spending cards.

The life pay, it was actually gonna be 2. Still not sure, since it's really useful. But eh. Probably 2 is a fair cost. Anyways, i didn't get to play with it much.

The Innervate was to account for recovering the 2 mana spent on the hero power. I did say it was a silly comparison. :smalltongue:

thirsting
2015-02-11, 03:11 AM
Maybe I'm just very tired, but .. Couple wording issues I'd like clarified:

Switcheroo 4
Epic Rogue Spell
Exchange all Triggered Effects of a minion with a random friendly minion.

So um, does it
a) leave the minions silenced AND summons new random minions? Of the same mana cost?
b) or transmute the triggered effects into other triggered effects,
c) or the triggered effects of friendly minions already on board switch places?
or something else?

Blizzard Grenade (2)
Rare Rogue Spell
Freeze all minions.
Combo: Then, silence your minions and gain +2 attack.

The hero gains attack, I presume? Or the silenced minions of yours?

CantigThimble
2015-02-11, 09:47 AM
So um, does it
a) leave the minions silenced AND summons new random minions? Of the same mana cost?
b) or transmute the triggered effects into other triggered effects,
c) or the triggered effects of friendly minions already on board switch places?
or something else?

So you target a minion, friendly or enemy, and the spell chooses one of your friendly minions at random. Then it removes any triggered abilities from them and puts them on the other minion. So if you targeted a piloted shredder and it chose your knife juggler then your knife juggler would have the shredders Deathrattle and the shredder would have the juggler's ability. If you targeted a gadgetzan and the spell chose your annoy-o-tron then his gadgetzan would lose his ability (but not any other silenceable buffs) and your annotation would have the gadgetzan ability.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-02-11, 11:36 PM
Arcane Spellcraft <1>
Common Mage Spell
Your hero gets Spell Damage +1 this turn.
Draw a card.

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b628/Chris_Gliniecki/Arcane%20Spellcraft%201_zpsqf13swuc.png (http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/Chris_Gliniecki/media/Arcane%20Spellcraft%201_zpsqf13swuc.png.html)

Spellcrafter <3>
Common Neutral Minion
Battlecry: This gets Spell Damage +2 until the end of your turn.
3/3

I really can't decide whether Arcane Spellcraft should cost 1 or 2. It'd probably take a ton of playtesting to be sure; it can set up one-turn kills, but those kills still take about 8 cards to work.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-02-14, 03:17 PM
The hero gains attack, I presume? Or the silenced minions of yours?
Oooh, thanks for the catch! I'll edit that in. It's the hero.

cha0s4a11
2015-02-14, 10:56 PM
Time to go for a weird one:

Omen <4>
Epic Shaman Spell
Gain foreknowledge of the outcome of all random actions of minions and spells in your hand this turn. Draw a card.

Effectively what this does is allow you to hover over any cards in your hand and see what the random outcome of their actions would be without playing the card. This predicted foreknowledge would be updated in the event that the set of potential targets for that action changes.
Examples:
Mad(der) Bomber: See who would get hit (and for how much) if you were to play them now. If either side gains/loses/changes minions, update the predicted outcome taking into account the new set of targets.
Ancestor's Call: See what minion would be pulled from your hand and what minion would be pulled from your opponent's hand. If either of you gain/lose any additional minions in hand, update predicted outcome, taking into account the new set of minions.
Lightning Storm: See what enemy minions would take what amount of damage. If any enemy minions are added/destroyed/transformed before lightning storm is cast, update predicted outcome.
Crackle: See the amount of damage it will do this turn if cast. Since it's otherwise targeted and not random, there's no way to update predicted outcome.
etc.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-02-15, 03:44 PM
Interesting. Though the way you describe it working doesn't match the card, because you could just hover over a card and decide not to play it, which means it's not played this turn. I think the effect-as-described is really interesting, though.

cha0s4a11
2015-02-15, 04:28 PM
Interesting. Though the way you describe it working doesn't match the card, because you could just hover over a card and decide not to play it, which means it's not played this turn. I think the effect-as-described is really interesting, though.

Good point, updated card text.

thirsting
2015-02-18, 03:28 PM
You need to stop doing this to me. I really think I'm extremely bad at giving any useful feedback. And I'll keep whining about it, every time.

Switcheroo 4
Epic Rogue Spell
Exchange all Triggered Effects(Triggered effects are represented by a lightning bolt or skull at the bottom of a minion's portrait) of a target minion with those of a random friendly minion.
The text in parentheses is what shows when you hover over the card, like with divine shield or taunt.
(Note: I changed the phrasing slightly, mainly to remind myself how exactly it should work according to CantigThimble's later clarification.)
Might be neat to steal something like Gahz'rilla's damage doubler ability or Sneed's Old Shredder's legendary summoning deathrattle, but I fear this might not do much anything relevant all that often, besides those rare few specific cases where it would become godly. I like the idea though.

Draining Trap 2
Rare Hunter Secret
When your opponent plays a card, empty all his remaining Mana Crystals.
You only got one shot, make it count.
- - - Updated - - -
Oh, and 1d20+5
Somewhat evil, denying actions, but might fizzle uselessly, too. So, sounds like a Secret. 7 + 5 = I fudge it to be a critical miss. For narrative reasons.

Blizzard Grenade (2)
Rare Rogue Spell
Freeze all minions.
Combo: Then, silence your minions. Your hero gains +2 attack.
Goblins think of everything.

Without combo triggering your own minions would remain frozen on your next turn too, wouldn't they? Limitation indeed, unless you got no minions. But, nice staller spell. I know I would just shoot myself in the foot with this if drafted in arena, forgetting to play something else before it. :p

Burning Memories 7
Epic mage spell
Burn the top six cards of your opponent's deck. For each you can't, opponent takes fatigue.
Okay for Magic or some other TCG I guess, but for Hearthstone, too evil. Dial down the evil!

Harvest Essence 2
Rare Warlock Spell
Destroy a friendly demon. Your maximum number of Mana Crystals increases by 2.

http://i.imgur.com/dR0AipT.png
Might even work sometimes with warlock, who never needs to be card-starved.
No more gauging which one of the 6 mana cards to play this turn. If you live long enough for it to matter...

Divine the Transmundane 2
Rare Druid Spell
Look at the next three cards of your deck. You may choose to discard any of them. The rest go back on top of your deck in a random order. Draw a card.
Don't like Tracking personally, at all, totally regardless of it's actual power level, what ever that is. This seems very similar, but with somewhat more ability to adapt to what the opponent is doing, I think? Might try it.

Arcane Spellcraft <1>
Common Mage Spell
Your hero gets Spell Damage +1 this turn.
Draw a card.
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b628/Chris_Gliniecki/Arcane%20Spellcraft%201_zpsqf13swuc.png (http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/Chris_Gliniecki/media/Arcane%20Spellcraft%201_zpsqf13swuc.png.html)
Good simple spell for mage, even very good when combined with spell-triggered effects (Gadgetzan Auctioneer, Antonidas...).

Omen <4>
Epic Shaman Spell
Gain foreknowledge of the outcome of all random actions of minions and spells in your hand this turn. Draw a card.
This is beautiful.

cha0s4a11! First reaction: I want that. RNG dampener is a great idea!

Gandariel
2015-02-19, 06:10 AM
Congrats to the winner! Brilliant card :)

My only comment on CarpeGuitarrem' Grenade: I really like it, but I feel it's undercosted . Something like that has to cost at least 3 to match the mage spell. Plus, Rogue would benefit a lot from an effect like this, it would be a pretty good finisher. I'd peg it at 4 mana.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-02-19, 03:24 PM
The mana cost on that was giving me such a headache, because I kept comparing it to Frost Nova and also trying to figure out how to make the Combo element playable. Without the combo, it's definitely vastly inferior to Frost Nova in most respects, but it winds up being slightly better than Frost nova with the combo (with the caveat that it isn't playable with certain rogue types because of the silencing).

cha0s4a11
2015-02-19, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the win.

I think while Omen definitely dampens RNG, it adds a bit of RNG of its own: You could very well be paying 4 mana for a card and the knowledge that all of your random cards suck/would have been useful if you had 4 more mana to work with this turn. That potential downside is why I added draw a card to the spell.

So, new challenge......hmm....

Irregular Minions!

The constraints for this round are as follows:
Your new card....
1) must be a minion. (Obviously)
2) can't be vanilla. (Must have some ability text)
3) can't contain any of the standard keywords in its ability text. (Standard Keywords: Taunt, Charge, Stealth, [Mega-]Windfury, Battlecry, Deathrattle, Enrage, Spell Damage, Overload, Divine Shield, Combo, or any similarly bolded words implying a standard set of functionality on cards in Hearthstone that I may have missed)

Within those parameters, go nuts and make something interesting. :smallbiggrin:

ETA: After doing a quick look-through of some cards, I've realized that I've missed a couple of keywords caught by rule 3 - Choose One and Silence

Jormengand
2015-02-19, 09:12 PM
Immortal Soul 10
Legendary Priest Minion
You can't lose except by surrendering.
0/8Ultima Psion 8
Legendary Mage Minion
When you cast a spell, put a copy in your hand and it costs 1 more.
He has an annoying voice, but not as annoying as taking the same arcane missiles to the face four times.
6/6

Enter: "I will tear your mind apart and burn your body to ashes!"
Attack: "I will end you!"
Ability triggers: "I am your DOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"
Destroyed: "Waaaaaaaaah!"

The coin, the special green coin, and innervate are all affected. Secrets are also affected but it doesn't change the secret on the battlefield; it just gives you another copy of it. Special spells like I Am Murloc and Ysera Awakens are also affected.
If your opponent plays Millhouse Manastorm, the costs 1 more affect takes place after the Millhouse effect even though it might look like it shouldn't. Then again, if you're pyroblasting face about three times anyway, you've probably won, but it's your opponent's fault for playing Millhouse that late game.Lackey 4
Epic Neutral Minion
Your hero power's benefit is doubled.

(Backstabber's Blade
Epic Rogue Weapon
2/2)

Druid, Hunter, Priest, Mage, Warrior: Doubled numerical effect.
Jaraxxus, Paladin, Shaman: Get two minions; Shaman's could be different.
Warlock: Draw two cards.
Rogue: Weapon is 2/2.

Screw it, let's have some fun.

Amkii, The Ineffable 10
Legendary Priest Minion
Can't be killed. Can't be silenced. Can't be returned to your hand. Can't have taunt.
Legend has it that the Teramach can kill it, but this is still hotly disputed.
6/6

"I AM ARAEL'S WILL MADE MANIFEST"
"I AM READY TO PASS JUDGEMENT!"
"I SHALL RETURN!"
Arcane Scholar 6
Epic Mage Minion
When you draw a card except from an Arcane Scholar, draw another.
3/6

Weimann
2015-02-19, 10:23 PM
Guardian Spirit (4 mana)
Epic Priest Minion
Double any healing received by the hero. Should the hero suffer fatal damage, negate that damage and destroy Guardian Spirit.
2/5

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21155142/Pix/4z4iEV4q.png

Edit: It struck me after the fact that I had written "below 0 Health" and not "below 1 Health". This creates the intricate situation where the card does not actually protect you from dying, it just protects you from dying from overkill. I personally kind of like that little quirk, and this is the competition for irregular cards after all, but maybe I should just make it "below 1" instead?

CantigThimble
2015-02-19, 11:16 PM
Mannaroth 6
Neutral Legendary
At the end of each turn transform each other damaged minion into a 4/4 Chaos Orc.
5/7

Guild Leader 6
Neutral Epic
At the end of each turn summon an adventurer.
2/5

It will summon a Questing Adventurer, Loot Hoarder or Raid Leader. Maybe a very small chance of summoning Leeroy.

thirsting
2015-02-20, 04:20 AM
Tower Rush Team 3
Rare Neutral Minion
At the end of each turn, summon 0/3 Guard Tower.
1/3

"Eh, it'll do. Start the next one!"

Guard Tower 2
At the start of each turn, deal 1 damage to a random enemy minion.
0/3

Callback to an era when Warcraft was still just a RTS brand.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-02-20, 01:38 PM
Sonic Reversal Bot (4)
<<RE-VERSE THE POL-ARITY OF THE NEU-TRON FLOW!>>
Epic Neutral Mech Minion
At the start of your turn, swap the Attack and Health of each other minion.
3/3

@Weimann: I would say "below 1", just so that it doesn't give Mage an easy-ish way around it. Or, alternately, just say "fatal damage" like Ice Block does.

Weimann
2015-02-20, 04:18 PM
Good call, CarpeGuitarrem. Always pays to be consistent. :smallbiggrin:

Gandariel
2015-02-20, 06:58 PM

My inner nerd is raging! ah! make it stop!

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-02-20, 11:08 PM
Voodoo Hexpriest <4>
"I'm a witch doctor, not a witch blacksmith!"
Epic Neutral Minion
Whenever another minion attacks, give it -1 attack.
2/6

Scourge Recruit <2>
"Let me at 'im!"
Common Neutral Minion
Deals double damage to heroes.
2/2

Scourge Marauder <4>
"TO THE FACE!"
Common Neutral Minion
3/5

Instructor Razuvious <7>
Legendary Neutral Minion
5/6

Gandariel
2015-02-23, 08:52 AM
Old entry, do not consider

Wisp Avatar 6
Legendary Neutral Minion
Whenever a minion is summoned,Silence it.
Battlecry effects don't activate
6/6

cha0s4a11
2015-02-24, 01:07 AM
Wisp Avatar 6
Legendary Neutral Minion
Whenever a minion is summoned,Silence it.
Battlecry effects don't activate.
6/6

As Judge, I figure I should probably point out that this entry breaks the rules. Twice.
No bonus points for guessing where. :smalltongue:

Also, I believe Jormengand's Amkii, The Ineffable minion is also currently in breach of the rules (Text that explicitly states that a minion cant have Taunt contains the Taunt standard keyword).

Apart from that, carry on, everyone. :smallbiggrin:

Gandariel
2015-02-24, 06:31 AM
As Judge, I figure I should probably point out that this entry breaks the rules. Twice.
No bonus points for guessing where. :smalltongue:

Also, I believe Jormengand's Amkii, The Ineffable minion is also currently in breach of the rules (Text that explicitly states that a minion cant have Taunt contains the Taunt standard keyword).

Apart from that, carry on, everyone. :smallbiggrin:

Ugh. Fiiiiiiine :P

Gandariel
2015-02-26, 04:48 PM
-----------------

AgentPaper
2015-02-26, 06:51 PM
Another proposal, and this one is really really hard to balance.

Seed of Life 2
Legendary Druid Minion

At the start of your turn, gain an empty Mana Crystal.
0/4

Clarification: you play this on turn 2, on turn 3 you have 3 mana. On turn 4 you have 5 mana. Etc.
Note, after you have 10 mana crystals you will gain an "excess mana" card, just like with Wild Growth.

*still thinking about it*

The way it's worded, on turn 3 you have 3 mana (one empty crystal), on turn 4 you have 5 (one empty, one full crystal), but then on turn 5 you have 7 mana (one empty, two full crystals) and on turn 6 you have 9 mana (one empty, three full crystals). That gets you to 9 mana three turns early. Then on turn 7, it starts drawing you cards for free. Compare this to Wild Growth, which only gives you one turn of ramp, no cards, and no body. This thing only needs to survive one round to equal Wild Growth, which with 4 life on turn 2 is going to be most of the time.

Gandariel
2015-02-26, 07:10 PM
Official submission:

Channeler Druid 2
Rare Druid minion
While this is in play, your hero power is "Gain 3 mana crystals this turn only"
1/4

Small clarification: Your Hero Power still costs 2, so it's effectively "+1 mana this turn", like a coin.
Thoughts:

So, at first glance this card is terrible.
Basically, this is a wild growth that you can lose, and you lose your hero power.

But no, this is not true.
First, this doesn't cost you a card. You still have a body on the board, albeit a mediocre one (see Armorsmith). And having more bodies for a Savage roar never hurts.

Second, this minion will usually do the same thing your hero power would have (ping something weak and absorb its damage )

Third, you can always trade it off and get back your hero power.

Lastly, its theoretically a 1/4 for one mana. Oh, and on turn 10+ you actually have 11 mana per turn, which is kinda cool.

So, overall I think this card is not particularly strong, but I would say OK in power.
I aimed for "as strong as Wild Growth, but different".
I'd probably pick this over Wild growth in Arena, not sure about constructed.

AgentPaper
2015-02-26, 07:23 PM
Ooh, i have it now.

Seed of Life 2
Epic Druid minion
At the start of your turn, gain 2 mana crystals this turn only.

0/4

Maybe, "At the start of your turn, Seed of Life grows into two mana crystals."

Gandariel
2015-02-26, 07:29 PM
Ok, Finally I had an idea i'm happy with. I edited it on the earlier post (to avoid a thousand different ones

Anxe
2015-02-28, 05:12 PM
Consuming Fire 6
Warlock Epic minion
At the beginning of your turn destory all non-demon minions and replace them with Flames of Azzinoth.
0/6

Yeah yeah, Warlock doesn't need another full clear, but its demon related!

Gandariel
2015-02-28, 05:38 PM
Hey Anxe, you might wanna change your suvmission! The judge said no french vanilla cards! (And frankly, a 0/6 taunt for 6 mana looks waaaay too weak.. )

(I'm typing from my phone, imagine this is all blue text)

Anxe
2015-03-01, 10:09 AM
Hey Anxe, you might wanna change your suvmission! The judge said no french vanilla cards! (And frankly, a 0/6 taunt for 6 mana looks waaaay too weak.. )

(I'm typing from my phone, imagine this is all blue text)

:P You play it behind taunts Mr. Blue Text!

Hamste
2015-03-01, 10:21 AM
:P You play it behind taunts Mr. Blue Text!

Or you lore walker cho a frost nova to go with it :P. Show those freeze mages the true power of the warlock. Could kind of see it in demonlock. Tough to figure out the value though. It is somewhat comparable to poison seeds but more stoppable and may not kill everything (and the card itself leaves a 2/1 but that is negligible) and doomsayer again does not kill everything but a lot of mana more with 1 less health.

Gandariel
2015-03-01, 10:34 AM
If you want a more serious review, it's completely unplayable.

It *may* work for 2 or 3 mana, and it would be a slightly better Doomsayer. And doomsayer is only played in freeze mage, because they can reliably use it, regardless of board state.

Also, if a card only ever works when you are ahead in board, AND costs six mana, it should win you the game (see Bloodlust. Which, again, is not played that much)

A creature of that cost and stats could... Summon a random demon every turn? Apply a debuff to all non-demons?

thirsting
2015-03-03, 01:56 AM
*casts quickened Summon Judgemancer*

Gandariel
2015-03-03, 04:51 AM
*contributes a spell slot to reduce the DC*

EDIT: My stalk-fu suggests that the Judge has not posted anything since his last post in this thread. I'd say we give him some days to pop up, then ask someone else who hasn't submitted anything to judge?

EDIT2: Yay judging!

cha0s4a11
2015-03-04, 09:05 AM
Judgement should be incoming later today.

cha0s4a11
2015-03-04, 07:34 PM
Judgement:

Arcane Scholar 6
Epic Mage Minion
When you draw a card except from an Arcane Scholar, draw another.
3/6

Basically works out to be a Mana-Tide Totem from doubling your normal card draw at the start of the turn + massively boosting any of your other card draw, which mages have considerably. Seems a bit overpowered, but between Mages having lots of ways to draw cards and this potentially opening a player trying to use this effectively up to getting horribly, horribly milled it starts looking more reasonable.

Guardian Spirit (4 mana)
Epic Priest Minion
Double any healing received by the hero. Should the hero suffer fatal damage, negate that damage and destroy Guardian Spirit.
2/5

Interesting, although the block against fatal damage has limited usefulness. It's only really useful when your hero is getting killed by a one or two very powerful minions as opposed to getting mobbed by a bunch of minions that do < 5 damage.

Guild Leader 6
Neutral Epic
At the end of each turn summon an adventurer.
2/5

It will summon a Questing Adventurer, Loot Hoarder or Raid Leader. Maybe a very small chance of summoning Leeroy.

Potentially useful if you can keep it alive behind a taunt, but even if you can keep it alive for 2-3 turns, I think Animal Companion would generally have more versatile options. Still a minion-based repeated sort-of Animal Companion effect is a neat idea though.

Tower Rush Team 3
Rare Neutral Minion
At the end of each turn, summon 0/3 Guard Tower.
1/3

"Eh, it'll do. Start the next one!"

Guard Tower 2
At the start of each turn, deal 1 damage to a random enemy minion.
0/3

I can see this this thing, like its namesake, potentially shut down games early if you can get this on the field early and your opponent is lacking in low-cost/high-health minions or early removal. If the tower building/firing was either "your turn" or "your opponent's turn", it would be a non-trivial but not game-breaking obstacle for an opponent to overcome. As it stands it looks like it could spiral out of control (i.e. If you can't put 12 health worth of minions on the board, don't bother putting any because they will all be horribly, horribly murdered by the time you can use them anyway) way too quickly. Still, neat idea though.

Sonic Reversal Bot (4)
Epic Neutral Mech Minion
At the start of your turn, swap the Attack and Health of each other minion.
3/3

A pretty good and interesting way to potentially set up some new combos, also a good way to quickly flatten Totems/0 attack minions.

Voodoo Hexpriest <4>
"I'm a witch doctor, not a witch blacksmith!"
Epic Neutral Minion
Whenever another minion attacks, give it -1 attack.
2/6

Looks like a fairly interesting and solid way to counter Zoo, especially if the -1 attack stacks.

Channeler Druid 2
Rare Druid minion
While this is in play, your hero power is "Gain 3 mana crystals this turn only"
1/4

Decent. Effectively half an innervate on demand as a hero-power.

Consuming Fire 6
Warlock Epic minion
At the beginning of your turn destory all non-demon minions and replace them with Flames of Azzinoth.
0/6

If this minion was a Demon, I could see some value here as a solid way to maintain board control over a few turns. As it is, nope, blows itself up too easily and Doomsayer does it's job either the same or better for much cheaper.

I'll give it to Dr.Gunsforhands.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-03-04, 10:04 PM
<insert gloating here>

<actually I still think my entry may be a tad OP and that it may need to turn into a 1/5 but it's not like we can really playtest it so it's tough to say>

<anyway>

This week, give your card wings!

So, a winged minion, or a spell that somehow involves wings or has wings in its name. If you can figure out a way to use a sense of the word wing other than the flying kind, that works too.

thirsting
2015-03-05, 02:35 AM
Runaway Tallstrider Wings 2
Common Neutral Beast
May not attack enemy hero.
4/3

"Waaaiiittt... you forgot to cook it?"

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y382/thirsting/Tallstriderplushiecard_zpsjcozhal6.png (http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/thirsting/media/Tallstriderplushiecard_zpsjcozhal6.png.html)

Jormengand
2015-03-05, 12:01 PM
Tower Gryphon 4
Rare neutral minion.
Ignores Taunt.
4/3

You know that Gryphon? The one on the tower on one of the HS boards? Yeah, that one.

Freaking Gryphon.

CantigThimble
2015-03-05, 01:57 PM
Griffin Express 4
Neutral Rare Minion
Battlecry: The next minion you play costs 2 less.
2/3

Anxe
2015-03-05, 04:21 PM
Redbull Gives You Wings! 3
Common Druid Spell
Give a friendly minion +1/+1 and have it fight an enemy minion.

The fighting is as if it attacked the enemy minion, but it can bypass taunt. It can't bypass stealth as you still need to target the enemy minion. This spell doesn't count as an attack, so you could play it on a frozen minion or a minion you just summoned. It could also let that minion "attack twice."

I might wanna tweak the stats on it a little bit for balance, but these seemed like the best numbers coming out the gate.

Gandariel
2015-03-06, 10:37 AM
Griffin Express 4
Neutral Rare Minion
2/3

Did you leave out the usual " this turn only" part on purpose?

Because that changes a lot

CantigThimble
2015-03-06, 10:59 AM
It does indeed. :smallamused:

Gandariel
2015-03-06, 11:01 AM
It does indeed. :smallamused:

You answered right :D

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-03-06, 12:03 PM
Shadow Crows (3)
Epic Priest Spell
Give two random enemy minions -3 attack this turn.

They keep screaming bloody murder!

(The animation on this one would be amazing.)

Gandariel
2015-03-09, 02:31 AM
Wing it 5
Rare rogue spell
Freeze all enemy minions.
Combo : equip a random weapon.

Every good rogue carries around useful trinkets in their bag of tricks: smoke bombs, lock picks, Doomhammer...

Note: the average mana cost of a weapon is 4.3

I know Combo on such an expensive card is a harsh condition, but this effect in a Rogue deck is really, really potent.

Also, it has a reasonably high cost if you can't combo it. Just like Tinker'S Oil is a 4 mana for +3 attack if you are forced to go without it, this is still a "cheat death for a turn " (or "Have your minions hit face for one more turn") Spell for 5 mana. Bad, but I can see situations where you'd need it. And, you might have a poisoned Assassins blade, so you don't really want the new weapon

For posterity, my earlier, non valid submission (which I still kinda like)

Wing it 4
Rare rogue spell
If you don't have any minions, summon a 4 / 4 Defias Thug.
If you don't have a weapon, equip a 3 / 2 weapon

Improvised Blade 3
Rare rogue weapon ( Uncollectable )
3/2

Anxe
2015-03-09, 10:57 AM
(Still wip)

Wing it 2
Rare rogue spell

Destroy your weapon and give its Attack as a bonus to all of your minions.

Wing it 4
Rare rogue spell
If you have no minions, summon a 4/4 Defias Thug.

First one is kind of comparable to Savage Roar. Savage Roar costs 3 and gives +2 for 1 turn. Lets assume Wing It #1 is used with a 3/1 Assassin's Blade. A 3/1 weapon should theoretically cost 1 mana (half a Fiery Waraxe). So that's 3 mana total spent on this spell as it consumes the weapon. It gives +1 more than Savage Roar and is permanent, but it had some extra costs.

Ooo! What if the bonus was permanent when comboed, but only for one turn if not? That'd be way cool!

Gandariel
2015-03-09, 11:22 AM
Eh, i'm thinking about it, but i don't really like that first version. Mostly, because it's redundant with Blade Flurry.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-03-09, 11:32 AM
Wing it 4
Rare rogue spell
If you have no minions, summon a 4/4 Defias Thug.
As I read it right now, if you have no minions and no weapon, you get both effects. Working as intended? (Powerful card, then.)

CantigThimble
2015-03-09, 12:32 PM
If you have no minion or weapon on turn 4 then you really need some help. It honestly seems a little weak to me, and a bit counterintuitive, as the point of a hero power is to use it whenever you have the mana and this punishes you for doing that. I won't make any suggestions to improve it as whenever someone gives suggestions to me I find myself automatically biased against using an idea I didn't come up with myself.:smalltongue:

Gandariel
2015-03-09, 01:11 PM
Yeah, it's intended. And yeah, it's not really that strong, since you must be behind on tempo to use it.

of course, I didn't *mean* it to be strong. I aim most of my cards for "as strong as the current options, but different."

Anxe
2015-03-09, 01:27 PM
What's the 3/2 weapon called?

CantigThimble
2015-03-09, 01:38 PM
It occurs to me that a very good comparison for this card is Arathi Weaponsmith. For the same mana Wing it gives 3 stat points and a major limitation.

Gandariel
2015-03-09, 02:26 PM
Added the name of the weapon.

Also, yeah I based myself on Arathi and pushed it up as much as felt reasonable.

Any stronger, and I'm afraid it would be too powerful and would lead you to play in stupid ways just to clear your own board.

Anyways, I think the weapon part is entirely reasonable: when I play Rogue, there are often turns where I don't know whether to hit his face or Not with my weapon.
I never know when I'll need one spare damage, maybe I'll have 2 free mana next turn, I don't wanna lose value if I'm forced to use Deadly poison or stuff like that, and so on. This puts another variable into the mix.

Also, this doesn't really punish you for using hero power. If you have one charge left, just use it up and gain the weapon effect.

Ooh, and I had another idea. I'll put it on the earlier post.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-03-09, 02:50 PM
Ooh, and I had another idea. I'll put it on the earlier post.
Oooooooooooh, I like that one especially because I was kinda going for that sort of thing with Freezing Grenade but you found a really clever way to make it work out.

Gandariel
2015-03-09, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I remember your card.

The iffy thing about it was that silencing your own minions doesn't just mean thaw, plus having an off-class effect for the same amount of mana feels wrong to me.

For example, Mage are mages, their Fireballs are stronger than other classes' direct damage spells, and they should remain so.
No other class should ever get better ramp than Druid, or more Beast synergy than Hunter.
so a 3- mana Freeze all, not in Mage, it felt weird.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-03-12, 04:48 PM
yAY CARDS!

Runaway Tallstrider Wings 2
Common Neutral Beast
May not attack enemy hero.
4/3

"Waaaiiittt... you forgot to cook it?"

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y382/thirsting/Tallstriderplushiecard_zpsjcozhal6.png (http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/thirsting/media/Tallstriderplushiecard_zpsjcozhal6.png.html)

D'aww, hehe. I really like this one. It seems like amazing value, and it may well be at certain stages of the game. For a second I was thinking maybe 3/3 would be more balanced with the relevant type, but it actively doesn't support the usual face-hunter beast strategy, which is hilarious. I'm not sure what quest it's a reference to, but I think I get the gist of it.

Tower Gryphon 4
Rare neutral minion.
Ignores Taunt.
4/3

You know that Gryphon? The one on the tower on one of the HS boards? Yeah, that one.

Freaking Gryphon.

If it's supposed to be sitting on a guard tower, shouldn't it be the one with taunt? :smalltongue:

It's nice, but the flavor side is a little... meh.

Griffin Express 4
Neutral Rare Minion
2/3

It's like overload, but in reverse! This thing might be a big deal for a ramp druid, except since it requires 4 mana in its own right, nothing's popping out that much earlier as a result. Making the ability Neutral might give a broken interaction to Priests or something, but the Griffin Express just feels like a fun neutral thing, so I'll give it to you.

Redbull Gives You Wings! 3
Common Druid Spell
Give a friendly minion +1/+1 and have it fight an enemy minion.

The fighting is as if it attacked the enemy minion, but it can bypass taunt. It can't bypass stealth as you still need to target the enemy minion. This spell doesn't count as an attack, so you could play it on a frozen minion or a minion you just summoned. It could also let that minion "attack twice."

I might wanna tweak the stats on it a little bit for balance, but these seemed like the best numbers coming out the gate.

I'm mainly hung up on how the fight mechanic would work here. It would probably just be a sort of two-stage card, like a battlecry minion. Which is fine. It doesn't really feel wing-like, though. Just... beefy.

Shadow Crows (3)
Epic Priest Spell
Give two random enemy minions -3 attack this turn.

They keep screaming bloody murder!

(The animation on this one would be amazing.)

THE CROOOOOWS

Yeah, this seems entertaining, but I don't think it's very good at what it does mechanically. The effect is barely worth a card, much less a 3-mana one. Maybe if the debuff was more permanent?

Wing it 5
Rare rogue spell
Freeze all enemy minions.
Combo : equip a random weapon.

Every good rogue carries around useful trinkets in their bag of tricks: smoke bombs, lock picks, Doomhammer...

The version with the 4/4 is interesting, but every good use of that card is likely to be very planned. This one feels more like the cross-your-fingers attitude Winging It stands for. Sometimes, you topdeck this and it just keeps you alive for another turn, which is fine. Other times, you combo into it on turn 6 and insta-win with Gorehowl or Arcanite Reaper. This would be a problem, except I guess blingtron is the same way and doesn't require a combo, so, yeah. Good card.

End Result:
cantigTimble's Griffin Express!

It's kind of a gut reaction thing, but this just feels like a great response to my challenge and a fun card to imagine playing both with and against. You play it, pass the turn, and your opponent has some extra fun guessing what's coming. It's great!

CantigThimble
2015-03-12, 07:58 PM
Thanks!

For this week: Make a card that has or interacts with a Overload, Combo or Freeze!

thirsting
2015-03-12, 10:23 PM
Icecuberizing Portalcannon 2
Epic Shaman Weapon
At the end of your turn remove one durability and summon a random frozen 3-mana minion.
0/3

"Behold! I've invented a revolutionary teleporter device which protects the target from the shock by freezing it to almost-but-not-quite death! No, no it doesn't come with a thawer. Why?"

So, in case it's not clear enough:
You play this weapon - then at the end of turn you get a frozen minion. Next turn, the minion is still frozen and you get another frozen minion. The turn after that the first minion becomes usable, if it's still alive. It's slow, but hey, cheap minions - eventually you've had three 3-mana ones for only 2 mana.

Gandariel
2015-03-13, 02:03 AM
.... can I repost my submission from last week? It has Combo AND freeze!

:P

On I serious note...

Brutal Beheading 6
Epic Warrior Spell
Destroy a minion and Freeze adjacent minions.

Yes, it works on Lightwells. Stop asking how!

Because why not, Warriors DO need more hard removal.
(The idea is that you kill an enemy brutally, and the guys next to him freeze in shock)

Also, other idea is a generic undercosted beater with Battlecry: freeze this minion. Effective, and will probably be printed soon, but boring.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-03-13, 10:48 AM
Lightning Rod (2)
Rare Shaman Weapon
This weapon has +1 attack for each currently-locked mana crystal you have.
0/2

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZAP!

(Not sure how best to indicate it, but this only counts mana crystals locked this turn, not crystals that will become locked next turn.)

Anxe
2015-03-15, 10:14 AM
Razor's Edge 3
Rare Rogue Weapon
3/1
Gain one durability whenever you activate a Combo effect.

Jormengand
2015-03-15, 01:33 PM
Hellblizzard 2
Rare warlock spell
Freeze ALL characters.

Warmatt
2015-03-16, 07:59 PM
Chill of Icecrown 6
Legendary Death Knight Spell
Freeze all Minions, and deal Damage equal to the number of Frozen Minions to enemy character.
"Feel the Chill of Icecrown!"

More things on the board, more things it freezes then hammers the other player for. Granted, it'll also freeze your own minions, but a good potential trade off.

D-naras
2015-03-17, 12:54 PM
Overload Cold 1
Rare Shaman Spell
Overload 1
Freeze a minion. It remains frozen for 1 turn for each locked mana crystal that you have.
- Yes the name kinda rimes. I mean rhymes.

*Clarification: It counts the number of locked crystals when you cast this spell. So using this and then feral spirit would result in 1 turn freeze. The reverse would freeze for 3. This counts both current and future locked crystals.

Gandariel
2015-03-17, 02:55 PM
GAH! I have comments for most other cards and I kept them inside, but I HAVE to comment on this one :

This spell would be SO much cooler (zing!) if it was "Freeze a minion. at the start of your turn, recast this spell on it if you have locked crystals."
Would probably need some balancing, but still.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-03-17, 02:57 PM
All this freezing stuff makes me want to throw together another card just for funzies.

Frostbite (2)
Rare Mage Spell
Give every frozen minion -2/-1 this turn.

The rough idea being that it lets you trade with a board after a Frost Nova, without losing your minions.

Gandariel
2015-03-17, 03:11 PM
The rough idea being that it lets you trade with a board after a Frost Nova, without losing your minions.

... but losing a card. A two mana card which is next to useless without freeze spells should be on par with Doomsayer.

Maybe "set the attack of all frozen minions to 1 this turn?"
would still be weak.

cha0s4a11
2015-03-17, 07:00 PM
Hmmm.....

Stupidly Overly-Niche and Thematic but Potentially Incredibly OP Super Ultra Mega Finisher Card Go!!!!

Unfortunate Turn of Events <13>
Legendary Rogue Spell
May be played for free if this is the first played card this turn.
Freeze your hero.
Combo: Equip a Reaper Blade
Somewhat disappointing for most. Downright terrifying for some.

Reaper Blade <13>
Uncollectable Rogue Weapon [Can only be summoned by Unfortunate Turn of Events - no Blingtron nonsense here please.]
Immune while attacking. Weapon remains active during your opponent's turn. Destroy any character damaged by this weapon.
13/1
Always fear the Reaper.

By weapon remains active, I mean that any enemies that attack the rogue will be damaged (and destroyed) by the blade. This does not use the blade's durability.
For a somewhat similar example - If your warrior opponent with a weapon attacks your hunter with a creature and you have a misdirection trap, it can potentially send that minion to attack their warrior instead, causing damage to the warrior (from the minion) and damage to the minion (from the warrior's weapon, which is still active because it's still their turn) without costing a durability from said weapon (because they didn't actually swing with the weapon during that action).

ETA: If you play Unfortunate Turn of Events as your first card it costs 0 mana and does nothing. Inherently by playing a card, however, you can potentially trigger the combo action of another card.
ETAA: Ignore the ETA - it freezes now, which is something negative, but may be worth it if you want to burn Unfortunate Turn of Events for free to combo something else and you didn't have a weapon ready to attack anyway.

Hamste
2015-03-17, 07:36 PM
Hmmm.....

Stupidly Overly-Niche and Thematic but Potentially Incredibly OP Super Ultra Mega Finisher Card Go!!!!

Legendary Rogue Spell

Reaper Blade <13>
Uncollectable Rogue Weapon [Can only be summoned by Unfortunate Turn of Events - no Blingtron nonsense here please.]
Immune while attacking. Weapon remains active during your opponent's turn. Destroy any character damaged by this weapon.
13/1
Always fear the Reaper.

By weapon remains active, I mean that any enemies that attack the rogue will be damaged (and destroyed) by the blade. This does not use the blade's durability.
For a somewhat similar example - If your warrior opponent with a weapon attacks your hunter with a creature and you have a misdirection trap, it can potentially send that minion to attack their warrior instead, causing damage to the warrior (from the minion) and damage to the minion (from the warrior's weapon, which is still active because it's still their turn) without costing a durability from said weapon (because they didn't actually swing with the weapon during that action).

...so you win if you have this card at any point and can win very first turn before opponent can do anything?

Anxe
2015-03-17, 07:43 PM
...so you win if you have this card at any point and can win very first turn before opponent can do anything?

Well... Except you can never play it. The Combo effect is never activated. You can only play it on turn 10 with Preparation. And then yes, its an OP win button.

cha0s4a11
2015-03-17, 08:24 PM
Well... Except you can never play it. The Combo effect is never activated. You can only play it on turn 10 with Preparation. And then yes, its an OP win button.

You can play it without the combo, it just does nothing except potentially allow you to trigger another card with combo.

Think of it as a coin which doesn't give you an extra mana when you aren't using it as the Reaper Blade finisher.

Gandariel
2015-03-18, 02:35 AM
I believe it's too binary of a wincon because it says "destroy any *character* damaged".
Which kind of makes it redundant with having 13 attack.

I'd take out that ability and keep it as a 13/1.

That being said, it's surprisingly reasonable, for such an unreasonable card.

13 damage is OK for two cards, turn 10. Druid combo is better, as is double fireball.

Aggro decks don't care about this card, because the game is already over by 10. And if for some reason it wasn't, your opponent can still smack at you for damage (despite losing his minions ), and if you're not in lethal range by turn 10, the aggro player has lost anyways.

As for control decks, this card just means they have to keep above 13 hp after turn 10 (weaker than Druid combo). And as for the "weapon is always active" thing, it just means the control player has to secure and massively overpower you with his board until they have won the game anyways.

plus your 13-mana card is almost completely useless aside from that.

So, overall, this is weak. this card compares terribly to most other burst combos, and the "always active" clause doesn't really do much on turn 10

cha0s4a11
2015-03-19, 05:04 AM
I believe it's too binary of a wincon because it says "destroy any *character* damaged".
Which kind of makes it redundant with having 13 attack.

That's kinda the point of the card.

The only reason it has 13 attack is because it didn't matter how much attack it had because of the destroy clause and 13 was nicely thematic.

Looking over it, I've made a tweak to the card (Freezing the hero) to ensure that it's telegraphed and that the opponent has some potential ways to respond, such as Ooze/Harrison Jones, killing the rogue before next turn, or putting up enough Taunt in between themselves and the Reaper Blade until they can do one of the other solutions. Also, Freezing is a thing for this round, so that works out nicely.

Combat Reflexes
2015-03-19, 06:29 AM
A creativity thread! Let's give this a try.

Mage common; spell
1 mana. Deal 1 damage. If you have a frozen minion, deal 4 damage instead.
4 damage for 1 mana is really good , but there's a pretty steep requirement. This might be OP.

Warrior rare; spell
2 mana. deal 2 damage to a minion. If the target is frozen, destroy it and deal 2 damage to adjacent minions.
Warrior utility! May someday (maybe) become viable if freeze effects see more play outside of Mage.

Neutral common; minion
2 mana 3/3. Enters the field frozen. (which means this minion doesn't get to attack until 2 turns after it's played)
It's like a reverse charge. Also, there's great synergy with Cold Ice Strike and limited synergy with taunters like Sunfury Protector.

Bonus card:
Druid epic; minion
5 mana 7/7. Battlecry: your opponent either draws two cards or gains 5 Health (his choice)

Gandariel
2015-03-19, 06:37 AM
Hi Combat Reflex! Good to see new people in the contest:

Quick comment, though.

First, you should follow our usual formatting (check out the other cards).

Other than that...
The first card is okay in power, i don't really see the connection between one of your dudes being frozen and you doing more damage

The second card is a bit weird, as Warrior has no real way of freezing anyone (spare parts? frost elemental?). But i kinda see it. Really really strong extra effect.

The dormant Elemental is.. probably a little too weak. I'd make it 3/4 or 4/3. Could even see it higher

Bonus card: way too weak. 7/7 for 5 is not so strong. Druid of the fang does it, and nobody's impressed. Also Venture Co.
It should be a 9/9 or something to warrant that strong of a drawback

((I only mean this as constructive feedback, of course. i hope i didn't come across as offensive)

CantigThimble
2015-03-19, 10:28 AM
Would you mind picking one to use as your entry into the contest?

I'll be judging in 8 hours.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-03-19, 04:34 PM
I wonder if this can slip in before you finish judging. :smalltongue:

Aggro Jackal <0>
Rare Shaman Minion
Overload 3
3/3
(Beast)

Keledrath
2015-03-19, 04:39 PM
I wonder if this can slip in before you finish judging. :smalltongue:

Aggro Jackal <0>
Rare Shaman Minion
Overload 3
3/3
(Beast)

I'm just saying, that sounds way too strong. Two (or even one) of those on turn one does very little to your tempo (overloaded for 6 on a turn with 2 mana crystals?) and gives you a ridiculous board presence.

Gandariel
2015-03-19, 05:11 PM
How about "when you summon a minion, freeze this minion"?

CantigThimble
2015-03-19, 11:00 PM
Well that was a bracing 4 hours of bureaucracy, so here we go, a bit behind schedule.

Icecuberizing Portalcannon 2
Epic Shaman Weapon
At the end of your turn remove one durability and summon a random frozen 3-mana minion.
0/3

"Behold! I've invented a revolutionary teleporter device which protects the target from the shock by freezing it to almost-but-not-quite death! No, no it doesn't come with a thawer. Why?"

This is interesting, you certainly get a lot of stats for a mere 2 mana but the minions show up after the time when 3 drops are the strongest. This is a top tier value card, and would be a windmill slam in every arena draft. It also provides a good reason to play wailing soul. My only qualm is this seems like it could be overwhelming as a 2 drop but too slow most other times in the game. Seems like it could be very fun to play with.

Brutal Beheading 6
Epic Warrior Spell
Destroy a minion and Freeze adjacent minions.

Yes, it works on Lightwells. Stop asking how!

This is very strong and reasonably flavorful (freeze isn't as versatile as tap flavorwise). Its basically an assassinate and a cone of cold strapped together. It seems solid, not much else to say.

Lightning Rod (2)
Rare Shaman Weapon
This weapon has +1 attack for each currently-locked mana crystal you have.
0/2

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZAP!
So, this seems really weak. It's unlikely to be more than a 2/2 weapon, ever and probably not usable on turn 2 to fight off aggro. It's an interesting idea certainly but I think it should cost 1 (or even 0) or be a 1/3, or even count crystals locked next turn too. It's just too much setup for too little payoff.

Razor's Edge 3
Rare Rogue Weapon
3/1
Gain one durability whenever you activate a Combo effect.
That's pretty slick, SI:7, Evicerate, Cold Blood and Oil are all great activators. I think it could be a little weak compared to say, eaglehorn, but I'm not familiar enough with rogue to say.

Hellblizzard 2
Rare warlock spell
Freeze ALL characters.
I don't know about this one, it doesn't fit in any current warlock decks and the deck it would go in isn't obvious, it certainly gives doomsayer and wailing soul synergy. I'm not a huge fan, as it's a bit too similar to frost nova for my liking.

Chill of Icecrown 6
Legendary Death Knight Spell
Freeze all Minions, and deal Damage equal to the number of Frozen Minions to enemy character.
"Feel the Chill of Icecrown!"
This is super hard to judge. Legendary spells and the death knight class don't exist. Seems reasonable completely out of context though.

Overload Cold 1
Rare Shaman Spell
Overload 1
Freeze a minion. It remains frozen for 1 turn for each locked mana crystal that you have.
- Yes the name kinda rimes. I mean rhymes.
With some setup this could easily be nearly a hard removal spell, like a shaman shield slam. Seems reasonable, my only issue is that it doesn't really fit with other hearthstone effects, which are strictly one turn or permanent.

Hmmm.....

Legendary Rogue Spell
Freeze your hero.

Reaper Blade <13>
13/1
Always fear the Reaper.

ETA: If you play Unfortunate Turn of Events as your first card it costs 0 mana and does nothing. Inherently by playing a card, however, you can potentially trigger the combo action of another card.
ETAA: Ignore the ETA - it freezes now, which is something negative, but may be worth it if you want to burn Unfortunate Turn of Events for free to combo something else and you didn't have a weapon ready to attack anyway.

I would consider this if there were any way to cast it other than millhouse or prep on turn 10, but as is it just isn't very interesting. It's a win condition or basically a nothing card. I'm not really a fan.

A creativity thread! Let's give this a try.

Mage common; spell
1 mana. Deal 1 damage. If you have a frozen minion, deal 4 damage instead.

I just picked the top one. Seems ok, but it doesn't really synergize with mage cards (well, YOUR mage cards anyway) and I wouldn't ice lance my own minion to deal 4 with this.

[QUOTE=Dr.Gunsforhands;18982990]I wonder if this can slip in before you finish judging. :smalltongue:

Aggro Jackal <0>
Rare Shaman Minion
Overload 3
3/3
(Beast)
Seems very strong on turn 1-2 with significantly decreasing returns. Might be VERY strong with the new magma shock but it's a bit too soon to say there. Seems pretty reasonable, a bit better than chow I think and for a class card tha't fine.

I'm going to go with Anxe and Razor's Edge, it seems not too strong, not too weak and very interesting to build a deck with, which is just where I like these. I'd like to give honorable mentions to Portalcannon, Beheading and Jackal.

Anxe
2015-03-19, 11:16 PM
Woohoo! Thank you!

The next contest shall be...

Design a D&D-inspired card!

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-03-19, 11:36 PM
Darn, I had it as a 1/3 but got nervous. Gotta stop doing that. :smalltongue:

thirsting
2015-03-20, 07:47 AM
Great Cleavage Tauren 5
Common Warrior Minion
When Great Cleavage Tauren kills a minion, deal 1 damage to all other enemy minions.
4/6

I do have class features! Come closer, punks, and I'll show you select few!

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y382/thirsting/Great_cleavege_tauren_zpscz2y9jzl.png (http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/thirsting/media/Great_cleavege_tauren_zpscz2y9jzl.png.html)

...dumb 3rd edition joke warning, totally not stolen from OOTS... Not very proud of this contribution.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-03-20, 10:19 AM
Belkar would be proud. :smallbiggrin:

Here's my 4th Edition-inspired entry!

Azera, Ruthless Avenger (5)
Legendary Paladin Minion
Battlecry: Mark a minion. At the start of your turn, it takes 3 damage from Azera.
2/6

Naturally, it comes with its own status effect: "Censure of Judgement: at the start of your opponent's turn, take 3 damage if Azera is in play." Yes, this still happens even if you Cabal Shadow Priest her to your side! Azera is very single-minded. :smallbiggrin: She basically winds up being a superior Demolisher. Which honestly means I have problems costing/statting her appropriately. I don't want her to die easy, but I don't want her ability to get too good.

And yes, in case it wasn't clear, this effect happens every turn until the minion is dead or silenced.

Gelatinous Cube (3)
Common Neutral Minion
When this minion kills a minion, it gains +1/+1.
3/3

Jormengand
2015-03-20, 03:20 PM
Spell Rebirth 1
Rare Mage Spell
Gain a copy of the last spell you played.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-03-21, 01:31 AM
Rust Monster <3>
(*Makes a zergling-like chittering sound before tossing a ball of orange dust at Garrosh*)
Common Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Destroy your opponent's armor.
http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/calle/black-knight/32/Sword-Right-icon.png1/http://greatjaipur.com/images/blood-icon.jpg5

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/mY0Lfwl1.png (http://achievementgen.com/hearthstone/)

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-03-21, 10:36 AM
You monster. :smalltongue:

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-03-22, 12:44 AM
I'm just saying, that sounds way too strong. Two (or even one) of those on turn one does very little to your tempo (overloaded for 6 on a turn with 2 mana crystals?) and gives you a ridiculous board presence.

Huh, I didn't catch this originally. I think that when you have more Overload than a whole turn's worth of mana, what's left carries over to the turn after. At least, that's what I seem to remember from playing Dust Devil - Coin - Dust Devil way back when. So, granted, my entry opened up DD-coin-DD-Jackal-Jackal, but my opponent would have gotten 3 turns to clear it and take back the game before I could do anything else.

You monster. :smalltongue:

Hey, we deserve a rust monster by now.:smalltongue: It even has Hobgoblin synergy!

Hamste
2015-03-22, 07:32 AM
Huh, I didn't catch this originally. I think that when you have more Overload than a whole turn's worth of mana, what's left carries over to the turn after. At least, that's what I seem to remember from playing Dust Devil - Coin - Dust Devil way back when. So, granted, my entry opened up DD-coin-DD-Jackal-Jackal, but my opponent would have gotten 3 turns to clear it and take back the game before I could do anything else.

Hey, we deserve a rust monster by now.:smalltongue: It even has Hobgoblin synergy!

I don't think so, the overload is still there even if you can't see it on your next turn. For example if you coin the turn after playing two dust devils on turn 2 a new overloaded crystal appears but it doesn't stay locked the turn after.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-03-22, 01:50 PM
I don't think so, the overload is still there even if you can't see it on your next turn. For example if you coin the turn after playing two dust devils on turn 2 a new overloaded crystal appears but it doesn't stay locked the turn after.

That might be a bad example, though... we need to know what would have happened if you didn't play the coin.

Well, shoot. You know what this means, right? One of us is going to have to actually make the Terrible Overload deck and answer this with science!

Gandariel
2015-03-22, 03:24 PM
Sneak attack 4
Basic rogue spell
Deal 3 damage to a minion. if it's sleeping, destroy it instead.

You know what I mean with sleeping. I will however define it with "has Z Z Z coming out of its portrait".

It is a basic spell because this effect feels like a Basic spell. This is what I feel Assassinate should have been. Feels way more rogue-y

Considering making it cost 3 and have the destroy effect be Combo'd

CantigThimble
2015-03-22, 04:24 PM
Mind Flayer 4
Neutral Epic
At the end of your turn this minion steals 1 attack and life from the lowest attack minion.
2/4

Just add slurping sounds and a shadow animation.

This can hit your minions but not itself.

Gandariel
2015-03-22, 04:33 PM
clarification:
What happens if you play it on an empty board? What happens if there is a 0-attack minion on the board?

CantigThimble
2015-03-22, 05:10 PM
On an empty board it won't do anything. It will only steal Heath from 0 attack minion.

D-naras
2015-03-23, 08:52 AM
1st Level Human Adventurer 3
Epic Neutral Minion
Battlecry- Choose one: Gain Spellpower +1 OR Heal you and your minions by 1 OR gain +1/+1.
2/3
-I can be anything. Literally.

Warmatt
2015-03-23, 03:45 PM
Undying Troll 5
Rare Neutral Minion
At the end of each Turn, Undying Troll regains all lost Health
Deathrattle; Return Undying Troll to the field with +1/+1 for each time it returns
4/4
"We already tried killing it with fire."

A troll based on this DM I had a while back, a troll that has ridiculously overpowered regeneration that you have to deal with in other ways then just destroying it. It was difficult, but fun.

Gandariel
2015-03-29, 02:31 AM
*cough*

*cough*

Anxe
2015-03-29, 12:01 PM
Working on it! I had overnight guests last night and didn't quite finish before they got here.

- - - Updated - - -

Great Cleavage Tauren 5
Common Warrior Minion
When Great Cleavage Tauren kills a minion, deal 1 damage to all other enemy minions.
4/6

I do have class features! Come closer, punks, and I'll show you select few!

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y382/thirsting/Great_cleavege_tauren_zpscz2y9jzl.png (http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/thirsting/media/Great_cleavege_tauren_zpscz2y9jzl.png.html)
I really liked the joke with this one! Plus, you made it a "minotaur" which was the other theme I was considering for the contest. Bonus points!

Belkar would be proud. :smallbiggrin:

Here's my 4th Edition-inspired entry!

Azera, Ruthless Avenger (5)
Legendary Paladin Minion
Battlecry: Mark a minion. At the start of your turn, it takes 3 damage from Azera.
2/6

Naturally, it comes with its own status effect: "Censure of Judgement: at the start of your opponent's turn, take 3 damage if Azera is in play." Yes, this still happens even if you Cabal Shadow Priest her to your side! Azera is very single-minded. :smallbiggrin: She basically winds up being a superior Demolisher. Which honestly means I have problems costing/statting her appropriately. I don't want her to die easy, but I don't want her ability to get too good.

And yes, in case it wasn't clear, this effect happens every turn until the minion is dead or silenced.

Gelatinous Cube (3)
Common Neutral Minion
When this minion kills a minion, it gains +1/+1.
3/3

I liked Azera. You did a pretty good job of capturing the Avenger's relentless pursuit of one target. I wish it was a little more expensive and applied at the start of every turn, but the one you designed seems balanced for the mana cost.
I also liked the Gelatinous Cube, but unfortunately it is your second entry. Plus you didn't give it Stealth. Gelatinous Cubes need stealth!

Spell Rebirth 1
Rare Mage Spell
Gain a copy of the last spell you played.
Not as familiar with how this one relates to D&D (I don't usually play casters). Seems pretty cool though! Could easily be made into a Mage only Spare Part as well.

Rust Monster <3>
(*Makes a zergling-like chittering sound before tossing a ball of orange dust at Garrosh*)
Common Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Destroy your opponent's armor.
http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/calle/black-knight/32/Sword-Right-icon.png1/http://greatjaipur.com/images/blood-icon.jpg5

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/mY0Lfwl1.png (http://achievementgen.com/hearthstone/)
Ah... This one I already know I want to use. I wish it ate weapons and mechs too. All the metal shall die!

Sneak attack 4
Basic rogue spell
Deal 3 damage to a minion. if it's sleeping, destroy it instead.

You know what I mean with sleeping. I will however define it with "has Z Z Z coming out of its portrait".

It is a basic spell because this effect feels like a Basic spell. This is what I feel Assassinate should have been. Feels way more rogue-y

Considering making it cost 3 and have the destroy effect be Combo'd
This is way more Roguey than Assassinate. The only issue is that the ZZZs only come out of a minion on the turn it was played. So if your opponent plays a minion, by the time your turn rolls around that minion is no longer "asleep." I can easily see what you intended though and I like it.

Mind Flayer 4
Neutral Epic
At the end of your turn this minion steals 1 attack and life from the lowest attack minion.
2/4

Just add slurping sounds and a shadow animation.

This can hit your minions but not itself.
I almost want this one to be stealing actual abilities from other minions. This is a simpler method of capturing the Mind Flayer though. Thanks for clarifying in the additional posts. Nice job!

1st Level Human Adventurer 3
Epic Neutral Minion
Battlecry- Choose one: Gain Spellpower +1 OR Heal you and your minions by 1 OR gain +1/+1.
2/3
-I can be anything. Literally.
So spell power is Mage archetype, Healing is Cleric, +1/+1 is Fighter, and... WHERE IS MY ROGUE ARCHETYPE!? *sits in a corner and cries*
Cool card! I like the breaking of the traditional way the Druid's Choose One mechanic works by offering three (or four :smallmad:) choices. And you captured each of the archetypes pretty well. I would've liked an additional effect of giving it stealth, but whateves.

Undying Troll 5
Rare Neutral Minion
At the end of each Turn, Undying Troll regains all lost Health
Deathrattle; Return Undying Troll to the field with +1/+1 for each time it returns
4/4
"We already tried killing it with fire."

A troll based on this DM I had a while back, a troll that has ridiculously overpowered regeneration that you have to deal with in other ways then just destroying it. It was difficult, but fun.
That's a nasty deathrattle! I'd almost want to cost this at 6 instead of 5. Nice work! And it could easily be made into a normal troll by taking off the deathrattle and making it cost 4.

The Rust Monster and the Undying Troll were my two favorites. My gaming group calls ourselves the Trollslayers so I think I have to give the victory to Warmatt. Congratulations Warmatt! And thank you to everyone else. There were some really good entries this week!

Warmatt
2015-03-29, 12:36 PM
Sweet, don't win these things fairly often. That said, I'm going to assume that people here have at least a passing familiarity with World of Warcraft:smalltongue: Well, seeing how Blackrock mountain is coming out, and there are only two legendary cards, I'm going to make this simple. Make a Legendary based around Blackrock Mountain!

Jormengand
2015-03-29, 12:40 PM
To be fair, I was thinking of changing it because I didn't think you would recognise a Truenamer utterance. :smalltongue:

CantigThimble
2015-03-29, 01:13 PM
Blackrock Mountain 6
Neutral Legend
Taunt
Deathrattle: Summon 2/2 whelps until your side of the board is full.
0/9

I actually don't know anything about WoW. Anyway, the effect is very strong but remember that death rattles happen on your opponents schedule and this loses to polymorph, silence or nearly any AOE.

D-naras
2015-03-29, 01:23 PM
So spell power is Mage archetype, Healing is Cleric, +1/+1 is Fighter, and... WHERE IS MY ROGUE ARCHETYPE!? *sits in a corner and cries*
Cool card! I like the breaking of the traditional way the Druid's Choose One mechanic works by offering three (or four :smallmad:) choices. And you captured each of the archetypes pretty well. I would've liked an additional effect of giving it stealth, but whateves.

Ok, ok :smalltongue:! The rogue would be Stealth, Draw a card when this deals damage to a hero. Happy now? :smallbiggrin:

Gandariel
2015-03-29, 01:31 PM
This is way more Roguey than Assassinate. The only issue is that the ZZZs only come out of a minion on the turn it was played. So if your opponent plays a minion, by the time your turn rolls around that minion is no longer "asleep." I can easily see what you intended though and I like it.

Oh, right. "minion who hasn't had the chance to attack yet" feels too long though.
Maybe "minion which has been summoned after your last turn" ?

Anxe
2015-03-29, 03:25 PM
Ok, ok :smalltongue:! The rogue would be Stealth, Draw a card when this deals damage to a hero. Happy now? :smallbiggrin:

Perfect!

Oh, right. "minion who hasn't had the chance to attack yet" feels too long though.
Maybe "minion which has been summoned after your last turn" ?

That works.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-03-29, 03:38 PM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/tKtTcJXw.png (http://achievementgen.com/hearthstone/)https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/d9Cp7Jqx.png (http://achievementgen.com/hearthstone/)

Moira Thaurrisan <6>
"Ironforge has need of our sorcery, as well as our strength."
Legendary Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Restore 4 health to a friendly character and give it +4 attack this turn.
http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/calle/black-knight/32/Sword-Right-icon.png3 / http://greatjaipur.com/images/blood-icon.jpg6

- - I raised the card's cost and edited my comments somewhat.

As a boss, Moira would just be a priest that runs a bunch of the new cards, Dark Iron Dwarves, some of the paladin and shaman attack buffs and maybe her dead husband's hammer. "This wing is under the protection of the Dark Iron clan!"

...or she could just not be a boss and hang out in Emperor Thaurissan's deck, which would be fun. EDIT: Her role in the game is to heal him up, after all, and this reflects that perfectly. Let's do that.

The card has two images. I figured the fiery version of her would be used for her boss portrait (and maybe the golden card, for the neat glowy embers) while the regular cards you get for beating her would have the version where she's calmed down a bit. EDIT: The second version is a bit better, since that's more the way she looks in WoW.

I also might need to nerf it somewhat. Raise her mana cost to 6, maybe drop her attack and health some. EDIT: Just raised the cost by 1. +4 attack is a pretty big swing, especially since she can target your hero.

Jormengand
2015-03-29, 05:42 PM
"You stand before Moira, Queen-Regent of the Dark Iron Clan!"

YOU FACE JARAXXUS, ERADAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION!

Anyway...

I'm going to assume that people here have at least a passing familiarity with World of Warcraft

Rockrates 4
Legendary Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Destroy a dragon.
I know only that I know nothing at all about Blackrock Mountain.
3/3

Anxe
2015-03-29, 05:51 PM
Lord Roccor 8
Legendary Neutral Minion
Taunt
Can't be targeted by spells or Hero powers.
7/8

Pretty overpowered to have a large taunt minion with spell immunity, but it matches the original guy from the raid. Gave him the same stats as Earth Elemental cause he's lava and that's close to earth.

http://www.hearthcards.net/cards/c7dbdde9.png

Keledrath
2015-03-29, 06:27 PM
Spirit of the Jenkins 10
Legendary Neutral Creature
Charge
Battlecry: All minions become 6/2 and gain charge
6/2

On Play: Let's do this!
On Death (for each minion that dies): It's not my fault...

Anxe
2015-03-29, 09:54 PM
Title of Jenkins 10
Epic Neutral Spell
All minions become 6/2 and gain charge

Let's do this!

We ALL have Chicken!

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-03-29, 10:10 PM
I liked Azera. You did a pretty good job of capturing the Avenger's relentless pursuit of one target. I wish it was a little more expensive and applied at the start of every turn, but the one you designed seems balanced for the mana cost.

Oh--it does apply at the start of every turn, didn't realize it wasn't quite clear. I aimed for something consistent with the Demolisher.

Anxe
2015-03-30, 09:12 AM
Oh--it does apply at the start of every turn, didn't realize it wasn't quite clear. I aimed for something consistent with the Demolisher.

Nah, nah. Internet misunderstanding there. You said at the start of your turn. I meant at the start of your's AND your opponent's turns.

thirsting
2015-03-30, 12:54 PM
Flamewaker Healer 4
Rare Shaman Minion
When ever Flamewaker Healer is targeted by a spell, it gains Divine Shield afterwards.
3/5

Flamewaker Healers mostly only heal themselves. Selfish buggers.

Dr.Gunsforhands already did Moira, but I'll still pick her too, and go with another angle. Might be butchering lore again, badly, but here goes:

Moira Thaurissan 2
Legendary Neutral Minion
Deathrattle: Add two random Dark Iron dwarves to your hand. Revenge!
1/3

"Someone... surely.... shall avenge me..."

Adds randomly any two of Dark Iron Dwarf, Dark Iron Skulker, Axe Flinger, Grim Patron, or Emperor Thaurissan to your hand (or any other D.I. dwarves I might have missed?).

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-03-30, 05:03 PM
Nah, nah. Internet misunderstanding there. You said at the start of your turn. I meant at the start of your's AND your opponent's turns.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH I see what you mean. In that case, yeah, you got the meaning exactly as intended.

I know very little about WoW, buuuuut I can do a little research.

Sulfuras, Hammer of Ragnaros (5)
Legendary Warrior Weapon
Deathrattle: deal 3 damage to two random enemies.
6/1
Hot! Hot! Hot!

EDIT: There we go! Reworked into a bigger, scarier, more Legendary-feeling weapon that should be a good replacement for Arcanite Reaper.

Anxe
2015-03-30, 09:07 PM
Just gonna remind people, Warmatt's theme was Legenadaries!

Make a Legendary based around Blackrock Mountain!

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-03-31, 11:43 AM
Whoops! Gonna go rectify that somehow...

Keledrath
2015-03-31, 11:46 AM
Hm...I suppose I can do that.

r2d2go
2015-04-04, 10:44 PM
Garr 7
Legendary Neutral Minion
Whenever Garr attacks, Silence each enemy minion and deal 2 damage to them.
5/7

Him and Geddon pass the time by playing "Incinerate the Mortals". The Baron usually wins.

Warmatt
2015-04-06, 12:01 PM
Blackrock Mountain 6
Neutral Legend
Taunt
Deathrattle: Summon 2/2 whelps until your side of the board is full.
0/9

I actually don't know anything about WoW. Anyway, the effect is very strong but remember that death rattles happen on your opponents schedule and this loses to polymorph, silence or nearly any AOE.

Okay, while a nice effect, does not really fit the lore too much. Would have been a great effect in something themed for Onyixa's Lair though.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/tKtTcJXw.png (http://achievementgen.com/hearthstone/)https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/d9Cp7Jqx.png (http://achievementgen.com/hearthstone/)

Moira Thaurrisan <6>
"Ironforge has need of our sorcery, as well as our strength."
Legendary Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Restore 4 health to a friendly character and give it +4 attack this turn.
http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/calle/black-knight/32/Sword-Right-icon.png3 / http://greatjaipur.com/images/blood-icon.jpg6

- - I raised the card's cost and edited my comments somewhat.

As a boss, Moira would just be a priest that runs a bunch of the new cards, Dark Iron Dwarves, some of the paladin and shaman attack buffs and maybe her dead husband's hammer. "This wing is under the protection of the Dark Iron clan!"

...or she could just not be a boss and hang out in Emperor Thaurissan's deck, which would be fun. EDIT: Her role in the game is to heal him up, after all, and this reflects that perfectly. Let's do that.

The card has two images. I figured the fiery version of her would be used for her boss portrait (and maybe the golden card, for the neat glowy embers) while the regular cards you get for beating her would have the version where she's calmed down a bit. EDIT: The second version is a bit better, since that's more the way she looks in WoW.

I also might need to nerf it somewhat. Raise her mana cost to 6, maybe drop her attack and health some. EDIT: Just raised the cost by 1. +4 attack is a pretty big swing, especially since she can target your hero.
Okay, over all, I love this card. Fits the lore, provides a boost close to what can be found in WoW, and acts as a good support card or boss in her own right.

YOU FACE JARAXXUS, ERADAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION!

Anyway...

Rockrates 4
Legendary Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Destroy a dragon.
I know only that I know nothing at all about Blackrock Mountain.
3/3

Okay, a 4 that lets you destroy a dragon is nice and all, but does not exist inside the lore, and this was meant just as much as a lore as a mechanical thing. I apologize again, my assumption was that people who knew Hearthstone would know a bit of WoW :smallredface:

Lord Roccor 8
Legendary Neutral Minion
Taunt
Can't be targeted by spells or Hero powers.
7/8

Pretty overpowered to have a large taunt minion with spell immunity, but it matches the original guy from the raid. Gave him the same stats as Earth Elemental cause he's lava and that's close to earth.

http://www.hearthcards.net/cards/c7dbdde9.png

Okay, fits the lore, and he was a pain in the rear end boss. Still, it captures him perfectly^^

Spirit of the Jenkins 10
Legendary Neutral Creature
Charge
Battlecry: All minions become 6/2 and gain charge
6/2

On Play: Let's do this!
On Death (for each minion that dies): It's not my fault...

Ah, Leeroy, thou art a classic warcraft meme. That said, a nice card that captures the essence of him fairly well, and while a late addition to charge decks, looks good if you can get him out there.

Moira Thaurissan 2
Legendary Neutral Minion
Deathrattle: Add two random Dark Iron dwarves to your hand. Revenge!
1/3

"Someone... surely.... shall avenge me..."

Adds randomly any two of Dark Iron Dwarf, Dark Iron Skulker, Axe Flinger, Grim Patron, or Emperor Thaurissan to your hand (or any other D.I. dwarves I might have missed?).

Okay, a cheaper Moria with a support deathrattle isn't bad. Though, just adding them to your hand? Eh, nothing wrong with it, just the feel of it.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH I see what you mean. In that case, yeah, you got the meaning exactly as intended.

I know very little about WoW, buuuuut I can do a little research.

Sulfuras, Hammer of Ragnaros (5)
Legendary Warrior Weapon
Deathrattle: deal 3 damage to two random enemies.
6/1
Hot! Hot! Hot!

EDIT: There we go! Reworked into a bigger, scarier, more Legendary-feeling weapon that should be a good replacement for Arcanite Reaper.

Any chance we'll have to grind Molten Core for the materials :smalltongue: But yeah, gotta love the hammer. A classic Legendary Weapon and you've done a very good job in making it for Hearthstone

Garr 7
Legendary Neutral Minion
Whenever Garr attacks, Silence each enemy minion and deal 2 damage to them.
5/7

Him and Geddon pass the time by playing "Incinerate the Mortals". The Baron usually wins.

Ah, Garr was a jackass boss. Still, as far as the contest goes? Close to lore? Legendary Feel? Yeah, this is a good one.

Lord Roccor by Anxe, it was an awesome card, but there may be some balance problems. Granted, I'm hardly one to talk, but other people find that sort of thing important.

Garr by r2d2go Like Lord Roccor, there are some potential balance problems, but overall, an awesome card, and a game changer.

Sulfuras, Hammer of Ragnaros by CarpeGuitarrem, it came down to a coin toss, as the Iconic hammer is awesome, lore and mechanics wise. Granted, could use 2-3 more durability, and do the damage while attacking to fit the weapon, but a very good legendary.

Moira Thaurrisan by DrGunsforhands, it was a coin toss in the end, but overall she is one of the iconic rulers of Ironforge and the Dark Iron dwarves, and there is a lot of growing lore around her. Not to mention the mechanical balance issues :smalltongue:

Keledrath
2015-04-06, 12:32 PM
I'm not sure if I made it clear or not, but Spirit was meant to affect everyone, meaning that every card also became a 1-for -1 trade.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-04-06, 07:29 PM
So close! :smallbiggrin: Still, I'm glad I seem to be getting better at the card thing.

Gandariel
2015-04-07, 03:51 AM
I didn't participate to the contest because (not unlike Jon Snow ) I know nothing of WoW.

I'd just like to add a couple, more mechanical , comments :)

I agree totally with the judge, the winning card is really well done. I might have buffed it to a 4/6 though (or 4/5, since we all LOVE our yetis). It *is* competing with Sylvanas, after all.

As for the runner up Weapon, it's probably too strong. twelve damage for a card and 5 mana is absurd. Also, what happens if there are no two targets? I'd guess the deathrattle doesn't activate?

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-04-07, 07:24 AM
As for the runner up Weapon, it's probably too strong. twelve damage for a card and 5 mana is absurd. Also, what happens if there are no two targets? I'd guess the deathrattle doesn't activate?
Yeah, I went back and forth on that one but ultimately measured it against Arcanite Reaper and figured that the untargeted damage (which could hit face or fail to kill a minion) made up for the increase in damage.

Now that you mention it, the Deathrattle very probably works like you state--it's effectively Multi-Shot.

Gandariel
2015-04-07, 09:21 AM
The thing is, Arcanite reaper has two charges. This thing dispenses the whole 12 damage in one turn, which is too much IMO.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-04-07, 10:13 PM
Thanks everyone!

I agree totally with the judge, the winning card is really well done. I might have buffed it to a 4/6 though (or 4/5, since we all LOVE our yetis). It *is* competing with Sylvanas, after all.

Moira's big advantage is that her Bite effect happens immediately, basically making the card a removal spell that leaves a 3/6 behind. If anything, the end result might be too similar to Argent Commander as it is.

Anyway, I should probably make a new challenge, huh? This week, Make a card for a Pandaren deck. (This includes anything even vaguely panda-related, anything that you would like to be able to return to your hand for whatever reason, anything with a vaguely similar bounce effect, or just anything you can make an argument for given the Pandaren theme.)

CantigThimble
2015-04-07, 11:28 PM
Chen Stormstout 4
Legendary Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Summon 2 0/2 Brew Kegs.
4/4

Brew Keg 0
Uncollectable Minion
Battlecry: Give a minion +2/+2 and destroy this minion.
0/2

Warmatt
2015-04-07, 11:40 PM
Lei Shen, the Thunder King 10
Legendary Neutral Minion
Spellpower +5, Lei Shen cannot be silenced
When you Overload, Lei Shen gains +X/+X, where X is the amount Overloaded
Battlecry- Gain Control of target Pandaren or Mogu Minion
Deathrattle; All Pandaren Minions gain +3/+3
6/6

Anxe
2015-04-08, 01:18 AM
One of my buds plays a druid in a panda's body for my D&D campaign. He's basically a Pandaren. He summons tyrannosaurs and does druid stuff. Felt like a pretty obvious card to make.

Pandaren Druid 6
Rare Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Summon a 5/5 Devilsaur
3/3

Maybe a little too frontloaded compared to the other 6 mana 2 for 1s (Sylvannas and Cairne), but it fit the bill for what I wanted. Also a bit vanilla, but sometimes I want some vanilla!

http://www.hearthcards.net/cards/14ba096a.png

EDIT: Oh and the Devilsaur is identical to the one Tinkmaster Overspark makes 5/5 Beast that can be recast for 5 Mana if it gets bounced by a Pandaren.
EDIT2: I waffled on how much the attack should be. I decided on 3, but the image says 4. Probably won't spend time to change it.

thirsting
2015-04-08, 03:43 AM
Brewster 3
Rare Neutral Mech
Battlecry: Gain a copy of target friendly minion to your hand.
3/2

The haste potions it makes are so good they make it seem like you can be in two places at once.

It's like a brewmaster who leaves a copy of the returned minion on the board, just phrased more clearly, I hope.

Jormengand
2015-04-08, 05:26 AM
Panda God 8
Legendary Neutral Minion
Your other minions have Deathrattle: This minion returns to your hand instead of dying.
7/8

I'm going to say that it works with Reincarnate and Kel'Thuzad, but not Baron Rivendare. Play Dead would act as a your-side-only vanish (only the big panda wouldn't be affected), which I guess could be helpful.

Gandariel
2015-04-08, 06:18 AM
WIP

Ley Lan, Innkeeper 6
Legendary Neutral Minion
Whenever a minion takes damage from another minion, return it to its owner's hand.
3/6

No fighting in my inn!

Clarfication: two minions fight each other, both bounced (if they didn't die)
Wild Pyro, Geddon, Explosive sheep and the like toss everything (that survives) back in hand.
Knife Juggler and Betrayal become amazing.

This on turn 6, then Knife Juggler + UtH is ridiculously strong? Yes, it is. But, you can't really do it in one turn, and the combo was already good in the first place.

The thing is, for how good this card looks, I can't help but thing it cannot be overpowered, because whatever happens, no card advantage is lost, and you can ping her to regain whatever tempo you lost

I hope my Google-fu hasn't failed me on the lore.

Hamste
2015-04-08, 06:54 AM
Chen Stormstout 4
Legendary Neutral Minion
4/4

Brew Keg 0
Uncollectable Minion
0/2

It took me a second to realize the the point of the brew kegs.

Time for a random entry
Greedy Panda 6 mana
Epic Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Send all other friendly minions back to your hand gain +1/+1 for each minion returned.
6/6

...No, I will not share any of my brew. Now get out I have some drinking to do.

The idea is that you get a very strong minion but have to give up tempo to do it. It has some interesting combo potential with battlecries and unleash the hounds (though if a hunter gets to turn 9 to do this you are probably happy enough not to care).

Keledrath
2015-04-08, 09:39 AM
Pandaren Druid 6

You were probably unaware, but that isn't actually a thing. Pandas can't be Druids, Paladins, Warlocks, or Death Knights

Frog Dragon
2015-04-08, 01:40 PM
Shado-Pan Staff 4
Rare Shaman Weapon
Return any minion damaged by this weapon to the owner's hand.
1/3

http://i.imgur.com/b2ph4i2.png

Considered making it a paladin weapon, but since Pandaren can't actually be paladins, I figured shaman was better. If monk was a thing I'd definitely give this to them.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-04-08, 01:43 PM
Oooooooooooooh now Pandarens I can do. Time for adventure! (AKA "I may not play WoW, but Heroes of the Storm has an adorable little panda.")

Li Li Stormstout (3)
Legendary Neutral Minion
Battlecry: gain a Mana Crystal this turn only for each Battlecry minion in your hand.
2/2

I'm probably gonna tweak this card so hard. I think, if I can balance it just right, it'd be a fantastic card that'd fit right into Hearthstone. I feel like it's exactly the sort of card that the existing Pandarens synergize well with, too. And the type of card that you might tech Weblords against. I'm really gonna have to think over how this interacts with Rogue decks, because it could lead to some nasty effects with Shadowstep. On the other hand, Rogues tend to prefer to have Combo cards, which don't count as Battlecries IIRC.

EDIT: Buffed from 4 to 3 cost, but I'm still working out if that's too much. On the other hand, it's a good but not super card at 4 mana, being a cheap 2/2 in most cases. 3 might be a good balance point, but I'm worried about rogue Shadowstep shenanagins. I am also amused that it synergizes well with Handlock. Contemplating whether it'd work as a Class legendary, probably Hunter. Maybe Mage. Might be a fun card for Mage.

Anxe
2015-04-08, 01:50 PM
You were probably unaware, but that isn't actually a thing. Pandas can't be Druids, Paladins, Warlocks, or Death Knights

I thought that might be the case, but the card is based off my friend's D&D character, not WoW race/class restrictions. Elves that have been permanently transformed into Pandas can be druids in 3.5!

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-04-09, 04:38 AM
Here's my entry for the contest, let's see how it works out.
Druid Card: Pandaren Junglistic Arts
2 Mana, 1/1 Weapon
Whenever your hero gains attack, this weapon gains +1 attack point. Attacking with this weapon costs 1 attack instead of 1 durability.

(Apparently pandas can't be druids, so I guess our druid friend is stealing their arts somehow? I'm not too sharp on WoW lore. Anyway, argument being that druids use a lot of animal and beast themed things, so it makes sense for the druids to utilize the 'physical fighting style'.)

(Errata: Does not give attack when it itself goes up by an attack point, no infinite loops)

CantigThimble
2015-04-09, 06:03 PM
Here's my entry for the contest, let's see how it works out.
2 Mana, 1/1 Weapon
Whenever your hero gains attack, this weapon gains +1 attack point. Attacking with this weapon costs 1 attack instead of 1 durability.

(Apparently pandas can't be druids, so I guess our druid friend is stealing their arts somehow? I'm not too sharp on WoW lore. Anyway, argument being that druids use a lot of animal and beast themed things, so it makes sense for the druids to utilize the 'physical fighting style'.)

This adds up to a 2/1 weapon that doesn't lose durability when attacking. Shorter text is always better when possible!

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-04-09, 06:24 PM
This adds up to a 2/1 weapon that doesn't lose durability when attacking. Shorter text is always better when possible!

The card is actually significantly different from that, and I briefly wondered if it should cost more, and be perhaps 4 mana with 2/1 instead, or a 1 mana 0/1.

Spoilered cases where it's different, cause some people will want to try to figure it out themselves without being spoiled.
Hero Power Without Attacking, Claw, Bite, Savage Roar, and the weird one of Nefarian against a rogue into Deadly Poison.

Hamste
2015-04-09, 06:27 PM
The weapon isn't in play when you gained 1 attack from the weapon though so it wouldn't become a 2/1 would it (and then uses attack point to avoid an infinite loop)?

Still really good though as it essentially turns your hero power into 3 damage gain 1 armor. Even more if you use your hero ability and don't attack or use a card that boosts attack like claw. You play this weapon use your hero power it becomes a 3/1 (with 1 temporary attack), attack it becomes a 2/1 and when you end your turn it becomes a 1/1 again.

CantigThimble
2015-04-09, 06:48 PM
The card is actually significantly different from that, and I briefly wondered if it should cost more, and be perhaps 4 mana with 2/1 instead, or a 1 mana 0/1.

Spoilered cases where it's different, cause some people will want to try to figure it out themselves without being spoiled.
Hero Power Without Attacking, Claw, Bite, Savage Roar, and the weird one of Nefarian against a rogue into Deadly Poison.

I'm really trying to understand how it's different and I'm not seeing it. Every time you attack with it, it triggers and becomes a 2/1. Then you hit them. Then, it's other ability triggers and removes 1 attack from the weapon becoming a 1/1 again. I don't see anything that would make that ever not happen in that exact way.

Wait a minute, I'm a complete fool. I read it as "whenever your hero attacks gain 1 attack" instead of "whenever your hero gains attack gain 1 attack". CRISIS AVERTED!

r2d2go
2015-04-09, 11:20 PM
Sensei Brewmaster 5
Rare Creature - Pandaren
Whenever this is returned to your hand, Pandaren you control have Charge this turn, and this costs 4 less.
3/6

Note that this is a Commanding Shout-like effect, so it's not just Pandaren who are already on the board.

D-naras
2015-04-10, 08:00 AM
Panda-mic 5
Legendary Neutral Minion
ALL minions gain Battlecry: return another of your minions except Panda-mic to your hand.
2/8
-It's hard to get anything done when these guys show up.

The name is a play on pandemic. I imagine that the artwork would show a pandaren rock band or something.

Gandariel
2015-04-10, 08:03 AM
Panda-mic 5
Legendary Neutral Minion
ALL minions gain Battlecry: return another of your minions except Panda-mic to your hand.
2/8

The name is a play on pandemic. I imagine that the artwork would show a pandaren rock band or something.

you know this doesn't work, right?

Anxe
2015-04-10, 09:13 AM

Doesn't work under the current coding, but we can all understand how it would work, right? Shadowstep alters how much cards cost when they return to your hand, why not also alter how they play?

Although it does make cards with existing targeted Battlecries more complicated. You'd have to make it very clear which Battlecry was being activated first and second.

cha0s4a11
2015-04-11, 12:06 AM
Brewmaster Medic 5
Epic Neutral Minion (Panda)
Battlecry: Return all damaged minions to their owner's hand.
2/3
"Drink with me, friends! Doctor's orders."

D-naras
2015-04-12, 06:57 AM

Ok then. How's this?

Panda-mic 5
Legendary Neutral Minion
Whenever a minion is played, its owner randomly returns another of their minions except Panda-mic to their hand.
2/8

Gandariel
2015-04-12, 07:22 AM
Doesn't work under the current coding, but we can all understand how it would work, right? Shadowstep alters how much cards cost when they return to your hand, why not also alter how they play?

Although it does make cards with existing targeted Battlecries more complicated. You'd have to make it very clear which Battlecry was being activated first and second.

Ooh. Sorry, i didn't see his thread updated.

Yes, i see the point of the card, but it doesn't work (with this text) because "ALL" targets all minions currently on the field.

When you panda a minion back to your hand it loses all buffs/debuffs, so it loses this ability.
So, the effect does nothing.

((
Shadowstep works because it tosses the card to hand, and then changes the cost))

Also, you correctly pointed out, even if it worked it would have weird interactions with minions which already have Battlecries (or Choose One, or Combo)

@D-naras: Yup, that one works.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-04-15, 01:26 AM
Ten. Ten is the limit to the number of posts you can multi-quote. After that, it drops selections in last-in, first-out order.

With the announcement of that amazing discovery out of the way, on to the analysis! There are a lot of entries, so these are all going to be pretty short, perhaps too much so in some instances.

Chen Stormstout 4
Legendary Neutral Minion
4/4

Brew Keg 0
Uncollectable Minion
0/2
The idea is all kinds of fun, if rather difficult to set up - practically as tough as Angry Chicken. I kind of want to buff the effect from the kegs to +5/+5 or something to make it more enticing than just bouncing a 4/7 or whatever.

Lei Shen, the Thunder King 10
Legendary Neutral Minion
Spellpower +5, Lei Shen cannot be silenced
When you Overload, Lei Shen gains +X/+X, where X is the amount Overloaded
Battlecry- Gain Control of target Pandaren or Mogu Minion
Deathrattle; All Pandaren Minions gain +3/+3
6/6

This thing has way too much text for a Hearthstone card. If you pick one effect and do it right, you can get a card to feel powerful without having to pile on ability after ability.

Pandaren Druid 6
Rare Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Summon a 5/5 Devilsaur
3/3http://www.hearthcards.net/cards/14ba096a.png

Simple and effective. A version of this could probably be a common. As it is, the only way this isn't too many stats for the cost is if you're specifically comparing it to Dr. Boom.

Brewster 3
Rare Neutral Mech
Battlecry: Gain a copy of target friendly minion to your hand.
3/2
The haste potions it makes are so good they make it seem like you can be in two places at once.
Huh. I can't really complain about the idea, but the name and the haste potion explanation are kind of shaky explanations for an Echo of Medivh effect.

Panda God 8
Legendary Neutral Minion
Your other minions have Deathrattle: This minion returns to your hand instead of dying.
7/8
From a mechanical perspective, Battlecry-Kel'thuzad is a pretty interesting idea, and I can't help but like it. I don't think Hearthstone really wants Gods yet, though. :smalltongue:

Ley Lan, Innkeeper 6
Legendary Neutral Minion
Whenever a minion takes damage from another minion, return it to its owner's hand.
3/6
No fighting in my inn!
That effect seems very breakable and annoying. Fun, but still, possibly breakable and annoying. The deck that breaks it might have to be too gimmicky to work, though, and it's legendary, so it's allowed to be fairly wacky. I'll have to think about it.

...the

Greedy Panda 6 mana
Epic Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Send all other friendly minions back to your hand gain +1/+1 for each minion returned.
6/6
...No, I will not share any of my brew. Now get out, I have some drinking to do.
Pandas make weird Frostwolf Warlords. :smalltongue: I can actually kind of get behind this. Though, it seems to assume that the bounce is a drawback, where normally it's balanced as close to neutral, stat-wise.

Shado-Pan Staff 4
Rare Shaman Weapon
Return any minion damaged by this weapon to the owner's hand.
1/3

http://i.imgur.com/b2ph4i2.png
That's pretty interesting, actually. The idea of taking damage from a minion as though it attacked you in exchange for the chance to delay it from attacking you for one turn isn't too appetizing, but it's great at clearing out taunts. Plus it makes Harrison Jones better, heheh. The only thing it can't do right now is be wielded by a Monk. Well, not yet, anyway.

Li Li Stormstout (3)
Legendary Neutral Minion
Battlecry: gain a Mana Crystal this turn only for each Battlecry minion in your hand.
2/2
Well, if you have The Battlecry deck, this is pretty neat in the early game. She gets kind of sad in the late game, though, and even if you bounce and replay her, there's only so much she can really do. I think she's a healer in Heroes of the Storm?

2 Mana, 1/1 Weapon
I have trouble wrapping my head around this card. Why can't it just have a really high durability? What does it have to do with Panda mechanics? What does it have to do with being a panda at all?

Sensei Brewmaster 5
Rare Creature - Pandaren
Whenever this is returned to your hand, Pandaren you control have Charge this turn, and this costs 4 less.
3/6
Pffhaha! Okay, that's pretty fun. Kind of big and fat for what it does, and it might actually be too good at sudden game-wins... although, that would still require being in the king of gimmick decks, so he might get off easy for that much. This should probably be a legendary card, though.

Brewmaster Medic 5
Epic Neutral Minion (Panda)
Battlecry: Return all damaged minions to their owner's hand.
2/3
"Drink with me, friends! Doctor's orders."
I actually like this a lot. The flavor text could use some tweaking, but I could see it being pretty great overall.

Panda-mic 5
Legendary Neutral Minion
Whenever a minion is played, its owner randomly returns another of their minions except Panda-mic to their hand.
2/8
-It's hard to get anything done when these guys show up.Yes. Yes it is.

I like Ley-Lan, I like the staff, I like the medic, and Li Li's pretty cool. I like a bunch of others, too, but I'm just going to take it down to those four for decision purposes. Not that that makes it much easier.

Gandariel Wins with Ley Lan, Innkeeper!

It was a really close call between that and the medic, but I eventually decided that they were actually similarly wacky in their own ways, but the medic felt more like a Priest card where Ley-lan feels more neutral.

GG everyone!

Gandariel
2015-04-15, 02:40 AM
Yay, victory!

New challenge: LIGHTNING ROUND!

That is, make a minion or weapon with a Lightning bolt icon in its portrait (like Knife Juggler, Cult Master, Ysera or others).
(for the nerds, "create a minion or weapon with a triggered ability that is not Battlecry/deathrattle")

thirsting
2015-04-15, 03:42 AM
*in Floating Watcher voice* YES!!! Fits perfectly the one I've been thinking of last few days.

Distress Mistress 3
Rare Warlock Demon
Discard a random card from your hand when ever this minion takes damage.
5/5

She WILL make you SUFFER for daring to summon her in middle of her high heel boot shopping.

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y382/thirsting/Distressmistress_zpsznr3c4qr.png (http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/thirsting/media/Distressmistress_zpsznr3c4qr.png.html)

The actual submission is in text form, can't be bothered to update this picture one.
Disclaimer: It might seem like many of the cards I've made lately seem to feature scantily clad (monstrous) females. This is purely coincidental, and not a continuing trend.

Again one of those times when I feel shifting this just one point of mana or stats in any direction, it becomes either useless or way too powerful. Help? Edit: Yes, King Mukla is good comparison (thanks, person below)! I think this is close enough as is, then. Edit2: Added 'random'

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-04-15, 04:02 AM
*in Floating Watcher voice* YES!!! Fits perfectly the one I've been thinking of last few days.

Distress Mistress 3
Rare Warlock Demon
Discard a card when ever this minion takes damage.
5/5

She WILL make you SUFFER for daring to summon her in middle of her high heel boot shopping.

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y382/thirsting/Distressmistress_zpsznr3c4qr.png (http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/thirsting/media/Distressmistress_zpsznr3c4qr.png.html)

Disclaimer: It might seem like many of the cards I've made lately seem to feature scantily clad (monstrous) females. This is purely coincidental, and not a continuing trend.

Again one of those times when I feel shifting this just one point of mana or stats in any direction, it becomes either useless or way too powerful. Help?

Well right now she's King Mukla, except Demon instead of Beasts, and instead of giving your opponent 2 bananas she discards you a card (or more). So that depends, is discarding 1-2 cards worth more or less than giving your opponent 1-2 bananas?

Anyway, here's my idea, right below.

Goldshire Bowman
3 Mana, 1/4
Deal 1 damage to enemy characters whenever they are summoned, or attack.

D-naras
2015-04-15, 06:17 AM
Shield Banger 4
Rare Warrior Minion
Whenever you gain armor, deal 2 damage randomly split among enemy characters.
3/5
- The best offense is the best defense and vice versa.

Jormengand
2015-04-15, 07:03 AM
Incarnate of Knowledge 8
Legendary Neutral Minion
When you draw a card, get +2/+2
4/4

If you have two sorcerer's apprentices on the board and two arc intels in hand, may the lord have mercy on your opponent's soul. That said, shivving something in the face and then sprinting next turn also works fine.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-04-15, 09:15 AM
Shrink-o-Tron (3)
Rare Priest Mech
When you play a minion, give a random enemy minion -2 attack.
3/4
The gnomes were getting a little too excited about this one.

EDIT: Buffed from 3 to 4 health.

Frog Dragon
2015-04-15, 09:50 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ITYMKnA.png

Garona Halforcen 7
Legendary Rogue Minion
Whenever your opponent summons a minion, summon a Patient Assassin.
3/7

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-04-15, 02:18 PM
Side note: I'm reading back through the thread from Page 1, and there's some really interesting stuff here, especially since it started before Naxx and GvG.

Most notably, The Glyphstone pre-created Lightbomb, albeit at 1 more mana and a higher rarity (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=18038548&postcount=191) and Infernally Clay's proto-Foereaper, which was ironically a Fel Reaver (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17740368&postcount=56). Oh, and we had a mech before mechs were a thing (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17748363&postcount=65).

Also, the "make up a keyword" challenge had some super-cool stuff there.

EDIT: Found a precursor to Quartermaster, courtesy of Gandariel (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=18108414&postcount=227).

Gandariel
2015-04-15, 02:55 PM
Yeah, i've looked back at these too.

Mostly, i've learned how bad most of our earlier stuff is.
Seriously, we as players have improved a lot in this thing.

Just as an example, the first challenge i won:

Crystal Golem 6
Epic Neutral Minion
Has +1 attack for every full Mana crystal you have
2/7

Frankly, right now, i'd just say it's really weak. I like the idea as much as i liked it back then, but now it's easy to realize how this card is actually bad

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-04-15, 03:19 PM
Ain't that the truth. And it's been a fun way to think about Hearthstone in a new direction.

Jormengand
2015-04-15, 03:30 PM
Don't forget the legendary 8-cost pyroblast. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=18046144&postcount=194)

CantigThimble
2015-04-15, 06:55 PM
Tauren Craftsman 3
Shaman Rare Minion
Whenever you use your hero power, add a random totem to your hand.
2/4

Something that hardly ever happens outside of arena is having totems in your hand. Having totems in your hand is WONDERFUL, they are so situational, but so powerful in their situations. This wonít generate Mana Tide, Vitality or Flametongue, I think that would be a bit strong. Itís always completely random, it can give ones you already have, unlike your hero power.

Hamste
2015-04-15, 07:08 PM
The idea of the panda's ability being a negative comes from it sending everything back as opposed to one. It means if you are very far ahead the bear makes it so you lose board state. When it is just one target and lower cost then you can replay it easily. On the other hand there a benefit but still it does have negatives.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-04-15, 08:58 PM
Don't forget the legendary 8-cost pyroblast. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=18046144&postcount=194)
Oh yes. That was great. :smallbiggrin:

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-04-15, 09:11 PM
Side note: I'm reading back through the thread from Page 1, and there's some really interesting stuff here, especially since it started before Naxx and GvG.

Most notably, The Glyphstone pre-created Lightbomb, albeit at 1 more mana and a higher rarity (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=18038548&postcount=191) and Infernally Clay's proto-Foereaper, which was ironically a Fel Reaver (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17740368&postcount=56). Oh, and we had a mech before mechs were a thing (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17748363&postcount=65).

Also, the "make up a keyword" challenge had some super-cool stuff there.

EDIT: Found a precursor to Quartermaster, courtesy of Gandariel (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=18108414&postcount=227).

I find it interesting that in most cases those cards are directly less powerful than the ones that are currently fitted into the game, and it makes me wonder if we are deliberately under balling things compared to the process that blizzard makes cards by.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-04-16, 06:55 AM
I find it interesting that in most cases those cards are directly less powerful than the ones that are currently fitted into the game, and it makes me wonder if we are deliberately under balling things compared to the process that blizzard makes cards by.
It's important to remember that Blizzard's process goes Idea -> Playtesting -> Refining, which gives them a lot of stuff like "this card could cost 1 less mana" or "this card needs 1 more health". We're working off of general theorycraft here, because we can't proxy these cards in the game.

Bear in mind how sometimes we'll make predictions about the value of certain spoiled cards, and be totally wrong about how good they are.

Anxe
2015-04-16, 01:06 PM
Black Mage 3
Common Mage Minion
Whenever a minion gains stealth, deal 2 damage randomly split among all enemies.
2/3

The effect occurs whenever a stealth minion is played or whenever a minion gains stealth via another effect (Spare Part, Master of Disguise).

Whenever the effect activates the mage says, "I magic missile from the darkness!"

Based loosely off of the 8-Bit Theater/Dead Ale Wives short. The link is below if you'd like to watch it yourself.
https://youtu.be/-leYc4oC83E

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-04-16, 03:55 PM
*Magic Missile into the darkness

:smalltongue:

Anxe
2015-04-17, 12:10 AM
*Magic Missile into the darkness

:smalltongue:

I said based off of! *cries*

onasuma
2015-04-19, 01:59 AM
Flame-Mouthed Sorceror 2
Rare Mage Minion
Whenever you summon a dragon, gain +1/+1. Then deals damage equal to its attack to the opponent.
1/2

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-04-20, 08:56 AM
Well right now she's King Mukla, except Demon instead of Beasts, and instead of giving your opponent 2 bananas she discards you a card (or more). So that depends, is discarding 1-2 cards worth more or less than giving your opponent 1-2 bananas?
It actually feels pretty minor to me. Compare to Fel Reaver, where the biggest danger is that enough cards get burned that you go into fatigue. And that's one that burns 3 cards on a condition that'll occur much more often.

Hamste
2015-04-20, 09:06 AM
It actually feels pretty minor to me. Compare to Fel Reaver, where the biggest danger is that enough cards get burned that you go into fatigue. And that's one that burns 3 cards on a condition that'll occur much more often.

The condition is discard as in discard the cards in your hand (It needs a randomly in there by the way). Not discard the top card of your deck. Oddly enough I could still see it used in zoolock. Empty your hand and it has no draw back and it is cheap enough for the zoolock double play.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-04-20, 11:22 AM
The condition is discard as in discard the cards in your hand (It needs a randomly in there by the way). Not discard the top card of your deck. Oddly enough I could still see it used in zoolock. Empty your hand and it has no draw back and it is cheap enough for the zoolock double play.
Oh right. Derp. I forgot about those Warlock cards. Can you tell I don't regularly play the class?

Gandariel
2015-04-21, 11:11 AM
Judgment shall be upon you.... later today. If you wanna submit anything or modify your own, you can do it until I actually post the judging!

cha0s4a11
2015-04-22, 10:35 AM
May as well toss something weird in.

Chaos Berserker <3>
Epic Neutral Minion
Charge. At the end of your turn, your opponent gains control of this minion.
4/8
Must.....always.....destroy.......

Keledrath
2015-04-22, 10:39 AM

Chaos Berserker <4>
Epic Neutral Minion
4/8

This isn't an Epic. Consider it versus a yeti.
Opponent plays yeti
You play this
You hit yeti
You end turn
Your opponent hits you for 8 with this and yeti
NOW you can kill the yeti. And lose the card.

cha0s4a11
2015-04-22, 10:48 AM
This isn't an Epic. Consider it versus a yeti.
Opponent plays yeti
You play this
You hit yeti
You end turn
Your opponent hits you for 8 with this and yeti
NOW you can kill the yeti. And lose the card.

Epic doesn't mean powerful. Epic means weird. Kidnapper is an epic card.

I'd consider the merits of running some silence in a deck with this card. Also, dropped cost to 3 when thinking about it in comparison to Deathlord.

Anxe
2015-04-22, 12:16 PM
Drop it with Power Overwhelming in Zoolock and its a 2 cards for 8 damage. I suppose Arcane Golem does the same thing, but this one has more uses besides hitting face.

I wonder how it would interact with Living Bomb...

Gandariel
2015-04-22, 01:18 PM
Distress Mistress 3
Rare Warlock Demon
Discard a random card from your hand when ever this minion takes damage.
5/5

Ok, so.
First off, i like it!
General theme of undercosted body and pay-in-cards are very warlock-y.
That being said... It looks weak. you basically pay Doomguard price for something that is way weaker than Doomguard. And cheating its cost is harder. Then again, making it stronger would feel really weird. Maybe a deathrattle: discard two? I don't know.
All in all, good card, but something, somewhere is missing

Goldshire Bowman
3 Mana, 1/4
Deal 1 damage to enemy characters whenever they are summoned, or attack.

Ok, when i first saw this card, as a 2-mana 1/3, i thought it was incredibly overpowered. Deal one to anything that enters play? AND when they attack?
It is basically a consecration, and it pretty much kills Hunter decks. No, this is way, way, way too powerful, even if it's easy to remove.

As a 3-mana 1/4 this card is... more reasonable, but i still feel the effect is way too strong. I would suggest maybe having it activate only on attacks?

Shield Banger 4
Rare Warrior Minion
Whenever you gain armor, deal 2 damage randomly split among enemy characters.
3/5
- The best offense is the best defense and vice versa.

Hm, this is an interesting submission. Generic 3/5 with upside, and you deal two damage every time you gain armor...

After some consideration, i'm afraid this is a bit strong.
This + something else + Armorsmith + Whirlwind effect = Avenging Wrath?
I know we're entering three-card-combo territory, but this is actually a reasonable one, since warrior does it all the time.

Then again, this is not THAT strong, Grim patron combos are even more absurd...

Also, you lose some points for submitting basically the new mage card from Blackrock :P

Anyways, great submission!

Incarnate of Knowledge 8
Legendary Neutral Minion
When you draw a card, get +2/+2
4/4

uh.. I'm gonna be honest here, this is too weak.
You play it, pass. Your opponent trivially kills a 4/4.
You play it, it survives, AND you have some card draw, you have an 8-mana big dude, which is really not that amazing or interesting. Compare this card to VanCleef, which is an amazingly designed card: it makes you feel cool by comboing spell after spell and then ending up with a huge cheap minion. In this case, i'm not really convinced.

Shrink-o-Tron (3)
Rare Priest Mech
When you play a minion, give a random enemy minion -2 attack.
3/4
The gnomes were getting a little too excited about this one.

Ok, here's one of the most interesting entries this week.
I like everything of it, the effect, the priest-ness, the mech-ness.
As it turns out, i had mistakenly read that the effect only applied until end of turn.
Then i realized it does not.
Then you buffed it to spider-tank status.

It might really be too strong.
There are already a LOT of "good-stat" three drops for Priest, and you set this one in a very unconfortable spot.

The idea is beautiful, though.

Garona Halforcen 7
Legendary Rogue Minion
Whenever your opponent summons a minion, summon a Patient Assassin.
3/7

And here is our friend Reverse-Troggzor.
Play minions, get rekt.
Now, Troggzor isn't quite good enough. Will this one be strong?
This is obviously a card that requires heavy playtesting to properly evaluate, but i'll go ahead and say it's not so strong. Very weak body, spell-removal works, if you're behind on the board this will likely do nothing, and any AoE completely nullifies its effect.
It is a really interesting card and a new effect, so... Hm.

Tauren Craftsman 3
Shaman Rare Minion
Whenever you use your hero power, add a random totem to your hand.
2/4

Uh, another interesting one.
Standard body, interesting effect.
Weak? strong? Hard to tell. spamming spelldamage would make crazy Crackle combos, but you can't really count on it. Your hero power definitely becomes the best in the game, but that well in line with this stat line and cost (see Auchenai and Streamwheedle sniper). Definitely interesting.

Black Mage 3
Common Mage Minion
Whenever a minion gains stealth, deal 2 damage randomly split among all enemies.
2/3

I have fond memories of 8-bit theater, and watched your video. That being said..
This card doesn't feel like a black mage, doesn't feel Common, and i'm not really a fan of this triggered effect. Made me chuckle, though :)

Flame-Mouthed Sorceror 2
Rare Mage Minion
Whenever you summon a dragon, gain +1/+1. Then deals damage equal to its attack to the opponent.
1/2

Uuh, more dragon synergy. Nice!
That being said, this is probably a tad too weak. Even assuming you activate it once next turn (a big assumption) it's a 2/3 for 2 which deals two damage to the opponent's face (which is notoriously less valuable than dealing to a minion).
In short, the condition is too hard to activate and the minion is too weak overall. Making it a 2/3 for 2 would make it MUCH more appealing and balanced, if still a bit bland

Chaos Berserker <3>
Epic Neutral Minion
4/8

Late entry, and what a good one!

This is a really interesting card, and i feel the yeti example does it poor justice.
If you have no board, you play this, kill something, take 4 damage, and kill something else. a 2-for-1-and-4-damage.

Which is an awesome trade, with a difficult enough condition to activate. I really like this card.
AND THEN YOU lower its cost to 3! Now it's too strong. Priest plays this with Silence and it becomes the master of OP 3-drops? Hunter uses this as Arcane Golem number 3 and 4?
At 4 mana it was perfect and unique enough IMO.
Still a great and interesting card.

Ookay, so this week was hard.

First of all, congrats to everyone for shooting out beautiful unique effects and great cards. Hats off to all of you. That being said, i can only pick one winner...

The finalists this week are:

Shrink-o-Tron, by CarpeGuitarrem. Beautiful and well designed, with a legitimately unique mechanic, but of course you edited it to be too strong.
Garona Halforcen by Frog Dragon. Beautiful and well designed,with a legitimately unique mechanic, possibly a tad weak?
Chaos Berserker by cha0s4a11. Beautiful and well designed, with a legitimately unique mechanic, but of course you edited it to be too strong.

... Huh, am i the only one with deja vu?

Anyways, the winner is....

Damn. I'm so in doubt right now.
Chaos Berserker is very weird (in the good way).
Garona is probably the most balanced of the three.
Shrink-o-Tron has a beautiful and unique mechanic.

I will give the victory to CarpeGuitarrem. Although your card is definitely too strong, i really like the mechanic. Bravo!

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-04-22, 01:27 PM
Wooo! That health was something I had a really hard time with, because I was also weighing the effect against its triggerability and similar cards like Aldor. I feel like, if it were a real card, that's something which would've gotten playtested a lot. I'm just glad I finally managed to nail a card with that sort of effect (see my Dark Wings spell previously, or whatever it was called--the crows one).

Well, then. I guess it's my turn for a challenge! I have a few weird ideas, because I really want to see some weirdness coming out of this challenge. I don't want to make it an impossible task, but...

Make a minion with a printed Health of 1

(I originally contemplated "minion with a printed Health of 0", but that was way too hard, IMO, due to death-by-silence.)

Sample cards that qualify: Wolfrider, Bloodmage Thalnos, and naturally Twilight Drake

Gandariel
2015-04-22, 01:34 PM
I would have frankly made your card a 3/3 with the effect only applying until EOT. Still, I didn't wanna punish your cArd for not being play tested, and yours was the mechanic I liked the most.

CantigThimble
2015-04-22, 01:46 PM
Studious Arcanist 1
Neutral Epic
Battlecry: Gain +1/+1 for each card you've drawn this turn.
0/1

Jormengand
2015-04-22, 02:11 PM
Chosen One 3
Epic neutral minion.
Charge, Divine Shield, Taunt, Windfury
Al'akir would be so proud!
1/1

Yes, chosen one + blessing of might + blessing of might + blessing of wisdom + blessing of wisdom is a thing you can do. Yes it costs 7 mana. If you think that's worth it for a 7/1 with keywords, plus you have all 5 cards in your hand at once, go crazy, man.

thirsting
2015-04-22, 04:15 PM
Identity Thief 2
Epic Neutral Minion
Stealth. If Identity Thief kills a minion, summon a copy of that minion.
2/1

"I don't know, sir, it looks like some kind of a slime, or ooze? It's coming closer now. And uh, sir, it seems like it has your eyes and... And your moustache. What should we...? Sir? SIR?!"

This of course summons a healthy copy of the killed minion. Dropped cost back to 2 from 3, as this feels pretty unreliable, even with stealth. Also, the length of my flavour texts tend to grow out of control :/

Kish
2015-04-22, 09:26 PM
Ok, when i first saw this card, as a 2-mana 1/3, i thought it was incredibly overpowered. Deal one to anything that enters play? AND when they attack?
It is basically a consecration, and it pretty much kills Hunter decks. No, this is way, way, way too powerful, even if it's easy to remove.

As a 3-mana 1/4 this card is... more reasonable, but i still feel the effect is way too strong. I would suggest maybe having it activate only on attacks?
Meanwhile, I'm boggling at the negative (for the player of this card) synergy it has with some cards. For the opponent, Grim Patron becomes "fill the board with 3/2 Grim Patrons; whenever one attacks, as long as he has two health left, he takes one damage and any vacancies that have developed on your side of the board are filled with 3/2 Grim Patrons." Every enrage minion is summoned already enraged for the minimum amount of damage. Gurubashi Berserker effectively starts out with 5 attack and 6 health, and when he attacks he finishes the attack with 8 attack and (assuming no healing before attacking) 5 health; Gahz'rilla starts out with 12 attack, and as soon as he attacks he has 24 attack.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-04-22, 11:09 PM
Skeletal Crocolisk <4>
Common Neutral Minion
Taunt
7/1
Beast

Anxe
2015-04-22, 11:32 PM
At least I made ya laugh, Gandariel.

1 Health, eh? I'll get back to you on that one.

Hamste
2015-04-23, 12:19 AM
Shamanic apprentice 2
Shaman Common
At the end of each turn swap this minions attack and defense.
4/1

They grow up so fast.

The idea of this card is that it has really cruddy stats and doesn't work with healing but it has nice synergies with temporary attack and defense boosters like stormwind champion and flame tongue totem I would actually rather have this be a 3/2 or a 2/3 instead as its bonus seems situational enough that it would be fair.

Gandariel
2015-04-23, 12:54 AM
[.... ]

Yes, but you can't really focus on that.

Imagine plying it against Face Hunter. Half his minions are dead, straight up. (abusive sergeant, Wolfrider, UtH etc )

The others survive entering the field, and die as soon as they try to attack (Juggler, Arcane Golem, Huffer )

It's crazy that they can't even try to attack the Bowman to remove the effect.

Also, the effect is on summon, which means Haunted Creepers' deathrattle doesn't even activate, and UtH doges die immediately..

So their only ways to remove this card are basically owl, Skill command (if you have something on the board), or two weapon charges. (All pretty expensive options, which they might just not have in hand)

Paladin's Hero Power doesn't exist anymore, as does Muster for Battle.
Even mech mage and Zoo, whose minions are definitely more resilient, struggle immensely. (And the card is out of range for Darkbomb/Frostbolt)

there ARE cards that benefit from this (the ones you listed, Acolyte of Pain, etc), but those are more gimmicks than drawbacks.

Gandariel
2015-04-23, 02:37 AM
Absolute Guardian 2
Epic Neutral Minion
This minion's Health is always equal to its absolute value.
2/1

Clarification: basically, you have to kill this minion with exact damage.

If it's pinged, it just dies.
If it takes, say, three damage, it goes to -2 Health, then its Health is reset to +2.

Official submission:

Solitary Champion 1
Epic Neutral Minion
Battlecry: if you have no cards in your hand that cost 2 or less, gain +2/+2.
1/1

Sort of Zombie Chow, a low cost minion for control decks. of course every deck carries 2-or-less-cost cards, so its ability is definitely not guaranteed to activate.

Trivia: If you have no cheap stuff AND the coin, you must coin and play this, effectively having a 3/3 for 2.

Viability: I think I'd run it in Paladin over Zombie Chow. if you have Minibot or Juggler in hand you just play those first, no big deal. if you don't, a 3/3 for one will help you defend in the first turns.
maybe this card would be good in other decks too, like Ramp Druid.

I am CONSIDERING buffing this card to "if you have no MINIONS in hand that cost 2 or less ", but I'm afraid it would be just plain stronger than Zombie Chow

onasuma
2015-04-23, 05:42 AM
Soul Watcher 3
Epic Paladin Minion
Battlecry: Give your rightmost minion +2/+2 and divine shield.
1/1

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-04-23, 06:36 AM
Nymphonic Overgrowth
Druid card
2 Mana, 2/1
Choose one: Summon a second copy of this card | Place a copy of this card in your hand at the end of your turn with +2 mana cost from this playing, and +1/2 stats.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-04-23, 08:25 AM
Meanwhile, I'm boggling at the negative (for the player of this card) synergy it has with some cards. For the opponent, Grim Patron becomes "fill the board with 3/2 Grim Patrons; whenever one attacks, as long as he has two health left, he takes one damage and any vacancies that have developed on your side of the board are filled with 3/2 Grim Patrons." Every enrage minion is summoned already enraged for the minimum amount of damage. Gurubashi Berserker effectively starts out with 5 attack and 6 health, and when he attacks he finishes the attack with 8 attack and (assuming no healing before attacking) 5 health; Gahz'rilla starts out with 12 attack, and as soon as he attacks he has 24 attack.
The way I'm seeing it, that only really impacts one deck archetype (and one rarely-used card) while being really strong against a lot of other ones. If you compare it to something like Knife Juggler, that's a lot of damage that gets thrown about.

Also: some really interesting ideas here so far!

Hamste
2015-04-23, 09:36 AM
Soul Watcher 3
Epic Paladin Minion
Battlecry: Give your rightmost minion +2/+2 and divine shield.
1/1

Way to make both silvermoon guardian and scarlet crusader cry.

Gandariel
2015-04-23, 10:11 AM
Nymphonic Overgrowth
Druid card
1 Mana, 2/1
Choose one: Summon 2 copies of this card | Place a copy of this card in your hand at the end of your turn with +2 mana cost from this playing, and +1/2 stats.

Can you clarify that? i'm not sure i understand.

The way i'm reading it is.

This is a one mana 2/1 minion with Choose one:
- Play two more 2/1s
- At the end of turn, put a Nymphonic overgrowth spell in your hand. It costs 2 more than you paid this one
- Gain +1/+2

So, either a 3/3 for 1, or THREE 2/1s for 1? Or another effect nobody would use, since these two are definitely OP?

I'm probably reading something wrong here

Warmatt
2015-04-23, 10:20 AM
Unending Swarm 4
Rare Neutral Minion
Deathrattle; Place two copies of this minion onto the field
Unending swarm gains +1/+1 for every minion with the same name on the field
"Sure, it starts with just one of therm. But before you know it? Your up to your neck in screaming hellspawned insects."
3/1

Anxe
2015-04-23, 10:30 AM

- Play two more 2/1s
- At the end of turn, put a Nymphonic overgrowth spell in your hand. It costs 2 more than you paid this one
- Gain +1/+2

So, either a 3/3 for 1, or THREE 2/1s for 1? Or another effect nobody would use, since these two are definitely OP?

I read it as
Two 2/1 minions for 1 mana.
OR
Pay 2 mana to put a 3/3 into your hand that costs 3 mana.
Then the same choice is available again when you play the 3/3. Would you like two 3/3s for 3 mana or would you like to put a 4/5 into your hand that costs 5 mana?

Kish
2015-04-23, 10:30 AM

- Play one more 2/1s
- Gain +1/+2

I think you are. My reading is:

This is a one mana 2/1 minion with Choose One:

- Summon one more 2/1
- At the end of turn, put a new Nymphonic Overgrowth spell in hand; the new spell costs 3 mana (less if a previous iteration was reduced by Thaurissan's power), summons a 3/3, and has Choose One:
- Summon one more 3/3
- At the end of turn, put a new Nymphonic Overgrowth spell in hand; the new spell costs 5 mana (less if a previous iteration was reduced by Thaurissan's power), summons a 4/5, and has Choose One:
- Summon one more 4/5
- At the end of turn, put a new Nymphonic Overgrowth spell in hand; the new spell costs 7 mana (less if a previous iteration was reduced by Thaurissan's power), summons a 5/7, and has Choose One:
- Summon one more 5/7
- At the end of turn, put a new Nymphonic Overgrowth spell in hand; the new spell costs 9 mana (less if a previous iteration was reduced by Thaurissan's power), summons a 6/9, and has Choose One:
- Summon one more 6/9
- At the end of turn, put a new Nymphonic Overgrowth spell in hand; the new spell costs 11 mana (less if a previous iteration was reduced by Thaurissan's power), summons a 7/11, and has Choose One:
- Summon one more 7/11
- At the end of turn, put a new Nymphonic Overgrowth spell in hand; the new spell can only be played by keeping Thaurissan around for a while or if your opponent somehow plays Millhouse Manastorm twice or the equivalent, summons an 8/13, and has Choose One:
You get the idea.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-04-23, 10:49 AM
I read it as
Two 2/1 minions for 1 mana.
OR
Pay 2 mana to put a 3/3 into your hand that costs 3 mana.
Then the same choice is available again when you play the 3/3. Would you like two 3/3s for 3 mana or would you like to put a 4/5 into your hand that costs 5 mana?

It's kind of like this, except you don't pay 2 mana to put in the 3/3, you use the 1 mana. The idea is kind of outlined in Kish's post, though if you have an Emperor Thaurissan, because the cost is based on the previous cost, the reduction allow you to play the 11 mana variant even if you only reduced it on an earlier turn.

I edited slightly to clarify that you don't get 3 minions, and only get two, when you chose the first option.

The coming into your hand at the end of the turn is to slow down the card a bit, to give it a downside, because if you can just power through it's 1-3-5 options in 1 turn late game that might get too crazy.

Gandariel
2015-04-23, 11:27 AM
Well, aside from the fact that two 2/1s for 1 mana is overpowered at the moment, i suggest you find a better wording for your card, as the current one is prone to various interpretations. I do like the "power now or MOAR power later" thing

cha0s4a11
2015-04-23, 11:32 PM
Time to exercise my one bit of knowledge about random meta WoW lore!

Cap'n Placeholder (http://www.wowwiki.com/Captain_Placeholder) 4
Legendary Neutral Minion (Pirate)
Battlecry: Choose another minion in your hand. Cap'n Placeholder gains all of that minion's abilities.
0/1
"Need a lift?"

Any ability text on the chosen minion is now considered to be on Cap'n Placeholder.
Effectively, Cap'n Placeholder can become a 0 attack, 1 hit point wonder version of any minion in your hand.
Examples:
Use it's ability with Ragnaros and it will fire 8 damage shots at a random enemy at the end of your turn.
Use it on Ysera and you'll get a card from the dream deck, etc.

It effectively misses out on the benefit/downside of Battlecries due to the Battlecry being spent giving it the target card's abilities, but it will gain effective use of all other abilities (triggered abilities, death rattles, etc) assuming that it doesn't get silenced and that the conditions which those abilities occur are fulfilled.

Cards for comparison: Alarm-o-bot and Faceless Manipulator.

onasuma
2015-04-24, 01:36 AM
Way to make both silvermoon guardian and scarlet crusader cry.

Given this is a game where rarer cards are definitively better in many cases, I think that's fine.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-04-24, 09:30 AM
I think you are. My reading is:

This is a one mana 2/1 minion with Choose One:

- Summon one more 2/1
- At the end of turn, put a new Nymphonic Overgrowth spell in hand; the new spell costs 3 mana (less if a previous iteration was reduced by Thaurissan's power), summons a 3/3, and has Choose One:
- Summon one more 3/3
- At the end of turn, put a new Nymphonic Overgrowth spell in hand; the new spell costs 5 mana (less if a previous iteration was reduced by Thaurissan's power), summons a 4/5, and has Choose One:
- Summon one more 4/5
- At the end of turn, put a new Nymphonic Overgrowth spell in hand; the new spell costs 7 mana (less if a previous iteration was reduced by Thaurissan's power), summons a 5/7, and has Choose One:
- Summon one more 5/7
- At the end of turn, put a new Nymphonic Overgrowth spell in hand; the new spell costs 9 mana (less if a previous iteration was reduced by Thaurissan's power), summons a 6/9, and has Choose One:
- Summon one more 6/9
- At the end of turn, put a new Nymphonic Overgrowth spell in hand; the new spell costs 11 mana (less if a previous iteration was reduced by Thaurissan's power), summons a 7/11, and has Choose One:
- Summon one more 7/11
- At the end of turn, put a new Nymphonic Overgrowth spell in hand; the new spell can only be played by keeping Thaurissan around for a while or if your opponent somehow plays Millhouse Manastorm twice or the equivalent, summons an 8/13, and has Choose One:
You get the idea.
That was the most epic spoiler ziggurat ever. :smallbiggrin: I read it all.

CantigThimble
2015-04-24, 01:30 PM
Wait, turn 1, 2/1 followed by turn 3 (or two with the coin) two 3/3s? That's the kind of opener zoo pulls off sometimes by using THREE cards while this uses ONE. This is in desperate need of at least 1 more mana cost.

Gandariel
2015-04-24, 01:47 PM
Yeah , it's definitely overpowered.

Even if this card only had the second effect only, you would still be getting a ridiculous amount of free sorta Ok cards at no cost. Like, infinite, better Novice Engineers => Gnomish Inventor => Azure drakes.

I'm not sure raising the cost by one would make it weak enough. Two 2/1s for 2 is... not weak but not OP. One 2/1 for 2, then two 3/3s for 4 mana is... Loot Hoarder + Feral Spirit rolled up in one card (with the potential to go bigger )

This of course is just a suggestion, I don't mean to criticise.
I would like to remind you the usual "value of a card " thing:
Draw a card is usually worth 1.5 mana, more or less. The second effect of your card is AT LEAST worth " draw a card " IMO

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-04-24, 03:32 PM
edit: Eh the +1 mana cost idea is probably better then my other idea at a nerf, overall, given it's +1 mana cost at every stage. It might be easier to balance the card if I could reverse the stat line to 1/2 to begin with, but that'd go against the rules of the contest.

Anxe
2015-04-26, 11:56 PM
Darkspawn
Epic Priest Minion 3
This minion's Health is always equal to its Attack.
3/1

http://www.hearthcards.net/cards/cb1b3263.png

The card relies on the funky way that Hearthstone treats healing.
Example: Boulderfist Ogre hits a Yeti and goes down to 6/3. A Paladin plays an Equality so now the Ogre is 6/1. Then someone silences the Ogre. It goes back up to 6/7. Where did the 4 damage from the Yeti go?
Darkspawn takes advantage of that. You can pump its attack up to 5 with an Abusive Sergeant, and run it into a Yeti. It takes 4 damage, but WOOOOOPPP! Back up to 5 health right after that!
If Darkspawn ever takes 3 or more damage at once it dies as it can't reset its health before resolving the effect of the damage dealt to it.

The card doesn't synergize well with the other Priest cards. Health buffs are useless on it and healing is irrelevant, but it fit well with the Shadow Priest idea so I made it a Priest card.

EDIT: And after doing research on Warcraft lore for this card, apparently Voidwalker is the actual "Anti Lightspawn" card. I feel good about nailing the reverse of that card's stats too! :smallbiggrin:

Jormengand
2015-04-27, 09:20 AM
Darkspawn even looks like Voidwalker quite a bit.