PDA

View Full Version : Hearthstone - You Make the Card

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Anxe
2015-04-27, 10:43 AM
If you compare Lightspawn and Voidwalker they very much are color swaps of each other.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-04-27, 09:07 PM
THE HOUR OF RECKONING IS DRAWING NEAR

That is to say, I'll be checking up Wednesday night and posting my judgments! Get your modifications and submissions in!

EDIT: I have apparently missed this. Last night I was surprised by the resurgence of our Edge of the Empire campaign. I'll be reckoning tonight.

thirsting
2015-04-30, 07:01 AM
I was already thinking of quoting you in "Famous last words" -thread... :smalltongue:

Frog Dragon
2015-04-30, 10:19 AM
http://i.imgur.com/5muv7lW.png

Firelord Cultist 3
Rare Neutral Minion
At the end of your turn, deal damage to a random enemy equal to its attack.
3/1
He wanted to be a firelord, but the vacancy had already been filled.

Haa! Just in time! :smallbiggrin:

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-01, 07:40 AM
Blargh. I guess I'm doing this over lunch break. There was more to do last night than I expected...um...like...the fourth wing of Blackrock Mountain and getting to Rank 14 don't judge me.

Consider this a technical extension for last-minute edits. If you're a procrastinator, it's your lucky day.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-01, 11:53 AM
Studious Arcanist 1
Neutral Epic
Battlecry: Gain +1/+1 for each card you've drawn this turn.
0/1

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. I'm gonna have to think: when does this get too good? It's a 1/2 by default, which is alright. If you draw another card, it's a 2/3, which puts it on par with the new Priest dragon (2/3 under a specific condition). AKa fantastic. I think you could seriously abuse this in a deck, however. Imagine: Preparation -> Sprint -> Arcanist for a 1-mana 5/6 on Turn 4, and you have four extra cards in hand. My big problem is that it converts a positive (card advantage) into an extra positive (a big minion); even Van Cleef doesn't do that--he converts a resource expenditure (playing cards) into a positive (big minion).

Chosen One 3
Epic neutral minion.
Charge, Divine Shield, Taunt, Windfury
Al'akir would be so proud!
1/1

This is a really interesting idea; I love the mini-Al'akir! I think it might have been possible to add another point of attack on there, but a really fun card for sure, especially with attack buffs. I'll have to consider the attack buffs too: being a neutral minion opens this card up to a lot more exploits than Al'akir. It's also not Legendary, which means you can run two of them...

Identity Thief 2
Epic Neutral Minion
Stealth. If Identity Thief kills a minion, summon a copy of that minion.
2/1

Huh! For a moment, I thought this was super-overpowered because I missed that it didn't have poison, unlike the other assassin-type cards. This is really neat! I love the flavor. I see a lot of potential for this card in combos, like with Abusive Sergeant to summon a big 'ol monster to your side. I'm mulling over how good its effect is, because you could get a really nice swing out of it. If nothing else, coining into an Identity Thief is enough to completely swing an early-game board with a 3/2...so it's like it upgrades itself and takes out a card. A very likely 2-for-1. That might be too good for 1 extra mana.

Skeletal Crocolisk <4>
Common Neutral Minion
Taunt
7/1
Beast

Hey, it's Magma Rager's older sibling! Unfortunately, it's still really easy to deal with, and I feel like it needs Tundra Rhino (for 7 face damage) or the Houndmaster (for token survivability) to be at least sorta decent.

Shamanic apprentice 2
Shaman Common
At the end of each turn swap this minions attack and defense.
4/1

Oooh, this one is fun! So on each of your turns, it's a 4/1 (or whatever), and on each of the opponent's turns, it's a 1/4? Hmm. That seems a bit hard to kill for a 2-drop, especially if you get a Flametongue Totem out. You'd really have to wear it down on your turn and hope your opponent didn't have a Dire Wolf or Flametongue boost. On the other hand, Shaman doesn't have a lot of permanent attack boosts in its arsenal. Though this has a lot of potential to trade up into 3-cost and even 4-cost minions.

Solitary Champion 1
Epic Neutral Minion
Battlecry: if you have no cards in your hand that cost 2 or less, gain +2/+2.
1/1

I like this mechanic a lot. Very clever. It also begs to have a deck built around it. I feel that all the stat balance is also juuuust right, considering that it's not just minions in hand. It's hard to kill off the bat, if you have the right sort of deck, and it also makes a nice T3+ drop!

Soul Watcher 3
Epic Paladin Minion
Battlecry: Give your rightmost minion +2/+2 and divine shield.
1/1

So, looking at this another way, at bare minimum it's like a 3/3 with divine shield (because it buffs one of your Silver Hand Recruits, and it has the stats of a Silver Hand recruit). That's pretty strong. It can also be used to add a large amount of oomph to your minions--and this would definitely add a wrinkle to the meta, where people start targetting the rightmost paladin minion. (Huh. I just realized that Hearthstone uses mirror symmetry, not rotational symmetry.) Neat combo with Blood Knight, too.

Nymphonic Overgrowth
Druid card
2 Mana, 2/1
Choose one: Summon a second copy of this card | Place a copy of this card in your hand at the end of your turn with +2 mana cost from this playing, and +1/2 stats.

Really interesting take on Wild Growth! I think you might've managed to hit just the right balance of mana cost to make it playable but not broken. The only thing that worries me is how much card advantage you're getting from this. From a single card, you get a 2/1 for 2, a 3/3 for 4, a 4/5 for 6, and maybe a 5/7 for 8...or you can stop along the way and get double for your money. So that's a lot of potential value there, because although each of those minions are behind the curve, it doesn't matter if they die without taking out a card: you always have two copies of an upgraded minion in your hand. So if you play the 3/3 for 4, it might or might not take out a minion played on the same curve (although if the Druid's got Wild Growth out, or dropped an Innervate, it might be just on curve), but it also gives you two 4/5s for 6 mana...which is insane value. Hmm. So that very well may be way too good.

Unending Swarm 4
Rare Neutral Minion
Deathrattle; Place two copies of this minion onto the field
Unending swarm gains +1/+1 for every minion with the same name on the field
"Sure, it starts with just one of therm. But before you know it? Your up to your neck in screaming hellspawned insects."
3/1

KILL IT WITH FIRE. I'd love to see this in any Deathrattle deck. Add some Bomber action to proc this card when you play it (or just be a Mage), or use Reincarnate for ridiculousness. This is the sort of card that could define a deck for sure, and it'd definitely invite more Silences! Though, did you mean to say "every other minion"?

Cap'n Placeholder 4
Legendary Neutral Minion (Pirate)
Battlecry: Choose another minion in your hand. Cap'n Placeholder gains all of that minion's abilities.
0/1
"Need a lift?"

Okay, this is awesome. Weird, powerful, but not too powerful. Though I think the ability to drop a T4 Ragnaros might be a weeeeeee powerful. I like it, though. It's very much a Legendary.

Darkspawn
Epic Priest Minion 3
This minion's Health is always equal to its Attack.
3/1

Huh! It definitely has anti-synergy with normal Priest stuff, and so I'm not keen on that bit. I'm not fully sure what sort of Priest deck it might fit into. I really like this card, though: a bit wacky and definitely different.

Firelord Cultist 3
Rare Neutral Minion
At the end of your turn, deal damage to a random enemy equal to its attack.
3/1

Ouch! Tiny Ragnaros! I'm guessing this can't target the enemy Hero, because they don't have an Attack on your turn. Right now, I'm running numbers in my head. I think, based on Lightbomb, this ought to pass muster. There's enough low-attack minions that this should be fine, and not an auto-kill. Plus, it'll die quickly. As an early-game drop, it's likely to go 1-for-1, 2-for-1 if they don't have a hero power that lets them trade. Late-game, there's more minions with low attack for their health, so this isn't a guaranteed kill.

Okay, there's a lot of really interesting entries here! I'm quite glad to see all of them! But now, I must narrow down and make a final judgment...

This was a really difficult choice.

In third place is Frog Dragon's Firelord Cultist! It's got an interesting balance of poweer and fragility, a true glass cannon, but it does have a sort of utility in the early game.

In second place is Gandariel's Solitary Champion! A strong card with a unique mechanic that really shakes up your game. The reward is strong, but you have to use it carefully!

Let's hear it for the champion Warmatt's Unending Swarm! While there's a little bit of tweaking you might need to put into this, this is fundamentally thematic, scary, and also answerable. I think that makes for a fantastic card. Well-done!

Congrats to the top three, and to all the entrants for coming up with weird, awesome designs! I love seeing the bounds of design stretched.

Warmatt
2015-05-01, 12:08 PM
Yeah, was meant to be "Every Other Minion with the same name", so if you had 7 of these things out, they would be a swarm of 9/7 death that would require targeting the hero, or silencing them before they got to that point.

Now, for this week, I am somewhat split. On one hand, I love eldritch horrors. On the other, I am not sure how many people on here read HP Lovecraft.... eh, I got it :smallcool:

Make a Sha or Old God based card

Frog Dragon
2015-05-01, 12:10 PM
Huh, I guess my card was somewhat unclear. I intended it so the cultist would deal damage equal to the cultist's attack, not the target's. I'm not sure which way is better though. :smalltongue:

Jormengand
2015-05-01, 12:15 PM
Make a what or what based card?

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-01, 12:15 PM
Huh, I guess my card was somewhat unclear. I intended it so the cultist would deal damage equal to the cultist's attack, not the target's. I'm not sure which way is better though. :smalltongue:
Oh, hm. I think the other way is better, because as a 3/1 that deals 3 damage (with a potential attack boost), it's strictly inferior to Demolisher because of the lack of survivability.

Oh man, this next challenge sounds fun.

Sha (http://www.wowwiki.com/Sha)
Old Gods (http://www.wowwiki.com/Old_Gods)

Frog Dragon
2015-05-01, 12:17 PM
It has the "end of turn" advantage on Demolisher. Demolisher 'molishes at the start of turn, which means your opponent can take it out before it can shoot. Not so with Firelord Cultist.

Warmatt
2015-05-01, 12:18 PM

I have got to stop assuming that people here know anything about the World of Warcraft lore :smallfrown:

But yeah, make a card based off an Old God (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wowwiki.com%2FOld_Gods&ei=GLVDVca1IoaOyASq7YH4BQ&usg=AFQjCNGiWOyZmeaQ4JBTsAPe_FV1mVB63w&sig2=a_kuFMEe_CQV4qX0m0EYoQ) or one of The Sha (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwow.gamepedia.com%2FSha&ei=QLVDVbj1ItKryATJyYEo&usg=AFQjCNHFxnTMnL-rdG3JmMnl2C4ltqJ_cA&sig2=L3JioF00o3J3RVdHTak8TA). Or heck, something related to them. Get your eldritch horror on basically.

onasuma
2015-05-01, 12:32 PM
Xexanoth 7
Legendary Neutral Minion
Enemy minions lose battlecry.
5/7

CantigThimble
2015-05-01, 01:05 PM
Ancient Hunger 7
Shaman Epic Spell
Deal 12 damage divided evenly among all enemies. Restore 3 health to your hero for each one that dies.

The effect involves deep maniacal laughter while tentacles spring up and wrap around your enemies. Note that the damage is divided evenly. So if there's no minions: 12 face damage, 1 minion: 6 damage to it and face, 2 minions: 4 damage to both and 4 to the face ect. Most of the time that's simple because 12 is an awesome number, but when there are 4, 6 or 7 minions then it will assign damage to the minions in the middle first and spread outwards to divide as evenly as possible.

It may not make much sense for thrall to be invoking the old gods, but that's basically unavoidable if you want to make any class cards here.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-01, 01:06 PM
Xexanoth 7
Legendary Neutral Minion
5/7
You make Fire Elementals burn with an impotent rage. :smalltongue:

Jormengand
2015-05-01, 01:28 PM
Call of Cthulhu 6
Epic Warlock Spell
Destroy 1-4 minions (Chosen randomly)

I hope someone gets the reference.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-01, 01:32 PM
Call of Cthulhu 6
Epic Warlock Spell

I hope someone gets the reference.
Hey, that's Arkham Horror, isn't it?

EDIT: No, apparently it's actually a reference to the tabletop RPG! Haha!

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-05-01, 01:58 PM
I'm debating making a card on Neltharian, The Earth Warder. I'm just having a hard time figuring out if I should, or if I should go for something closer-linked than that. Part of me wants to just make Majordomo-but-done-right.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-01, 02:19 PM
Ancient Hunger 7
Shaman Epic Spell
Deal 12 damage divided evenly among all enemies. Gain 3 health for each one that dies.
Whoa, does that mean you can go above 30 health?

It may not make much sense for thrall to be invoking the old gods, but that's basically unavoidable if you want to make any class cards here.
Hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes. Hearthstone is SERIOUS BUSINESS. If you wanna win, you gotta get your hands dirty sometimes.

CantigThimble
2015-05-01, 02:31 PM
Whoa, does that mean you can go above 30 health?

That wasn't the plan, and while it sounds interesting that way, armor doesn't really make sense and I don't want to add a second mechanic to do the same thing.

Anxe
2015-05-01, 07:19 PM
That wasn't the plan, and while it sounds interesting that way, armor doesn't really make sense and I don't want to add a second mechanic to do the same thing.

Just change it to restore health. Then you can't go over the max.

Sleeper in the Midst 5
Rare Warlock Spell
A random enemy minion gains "Deathrattle: When this minion dies resummon it for your opponent." This effect is not visible to your opponent.

So your opponent knows that you cast this spell, but they don't know which minion got targeted. WHICH ONE IS THE SLEEPER!?!?

Hamste
2015-05-01, 10:50 PM
Warlock epic
Cultist 3 mana
0/4
At the start of your next turn kill this minion and summon a Shoggoth

Shoggoth 5 mana
2/6
Charge,
At the start of your next turn kill this minion and summon an Elder Thing

Elder Thing 7 mana
4/10
At the start of your turn give a friendly minion +2/+2

I went for a more summoning feel. It gives more and more value the longer it stays out but is quite weak and easy to take out late game before it goes out of control but it can get scary quite fast if you do not kill it. The main problem I ran into is balance. It has to be strong enough to have a chance of survival but not so strong that it can't be stopped if played early. I chose warlock as the class that gets it because not only do they have the most eldritch feel they also keep the druids from getting their hands on it. It is still quite possible to get it in the Shoggoth stage as well but once it gets to Elder Thing stage (Turn 5, 4 with coin) it becomes a large threat.

Also no offence to the new or old judge, unending swarm was ludicrously over powered and probably didn't deserve to beat the solitary champion. It is like grim patron on steroids that can easily become literally unsolvable as it is quite easy to activate it at least once as soon as you play it (Any way that activates Grim Patron also activates this) and then the only way to stop it is to play two silences in the same turn the next turn or be priest with mass dispel. If you don't or can't you lose as the opponent kills it over and over and over again. You can't just one shot them like you can with patron to stop the combo as it comes back. It is ok for a card to be hard to remove or sticky. It is not ok to make a card that can't be beaten except in certain circumstances or conditions (at least not in hearthstone) unless the card is very weak or very late game and this isn't weak or late game. For example 6 of the 9 classes have only 2 ways to silence minions. Owl and Spell breaker. Turn 5 the warrior plays this and whirlwinds (or turn 6 activates it with task master, or turn 7 activates it with warsong, or uses a bite, or uses a revenge, or inner rages it and so on and so forth). There are now two 4/2 minions on the field that will overwhelm you unless you silence them or take control of them. Even if you stuck all four silence cards in your deck the chances you can react to that are low. From there your only hope is to rush down the tankiest class in hearthstone before you lose all board control to an immortal enemies that gets stronger and you can not hope to defeat (Unless you are priest). Essentially it would make the meta go down to two main classes. Priests and warriors with maybe a sprinkling of hunters if the hunters are fast enough (and possibly some mages because consistency). Priests are the only class that can react to it in a way that isn't go face (and even then they would be hard Mulliganing their hand for mass dispel) and warriors are one of the best at activating it and everyone else loses. Mages might try something with it but warriors would probably have the higher win rate as they can do it quicker with a good amount of consistency.

Warmatt
2015-05-01, 10:56 PM
Ah, no problem, something I should not have added, though I will say that if you silence the first one, before you kill it, you just have to deal with it once, instead of the doom swarm. Otherwise, looking at some of the other submissions... thought I was fairly tame, if on the extreme end. And yeah, while I'm not going to complain that my card won, Solitary Champion was probably better designed.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-05-02, 12:08 AM
Sha of Violence 5
Epic Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Gain attack equal to the total damage dealt to enemies this turn.
0/5

Eyes of the Empress <4>
Boss Spell - Grand Empress Shek'zeer
Gain control of a minion and give it +2 attack and charge this turn.

thirsting
2015-05-02, 04:14 AM
Old God Binder 6
Legendary Neutral Minion
At the end of your turn, increase the mana cost of all cards in each player's hands by one. (up to 10 mana)
4/7

Must resist the dark whispers. And succubi. And ice cream.

Reverse Thaurissan. Best used when the enemy has many more cards in hand than you. Lore (of which I know basically nothing really) justification I just made up would be that these mystics keep the ancient horrors in check by constant ritual binding spells and stuff. Or something. *handwaves*

cha0s4a11
2015-05-02, 02:08 PM
Tsk Tsk Tsk. For a Cthulhu Mythos inspired round, I think we need a bit more insanity in here.

Nyarlathotep (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyarlathotep) 6
Legendary Neutral Minion
Whenever this minion is about to take damage, randomize its attack and health.
(Attack and health always add up to 12).
4/8
You cannot comprehend Nyarlathotep's one true form, of which there are many.

Effectively what this means is that just before combat (either Nyarlathotep getting attacked or Nyarlathotep attacking a minion that can do damage) and immediately before getting damaged by a spell or hero power, Nyarlathotep's stat line will randomly change to some value between 1/11 and 11/1.
Effectively one can't kill Nyarlathotep by wearing down their health (since health will be perpetually reset by his ability), but one can kill Nyarlathotep by attacking and hoping that whatever you are doing damage to it with deals more damage than whatever random amount of health Nyarlathotep gets immediately before getting hit.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-05-03, 03:37 PM
Nether Warp:
Secret, 3 Mana

Whenever your hero takes 7 or more damage in a single turn, nullify that damage, and randomly redistribute that damage to enemy characters in half the intervals you took the damage, rounded up.

Gandariel
2015-05-04, 02:08 AM
Ah, no problem, something I should not have added, though I will say that if you silence the first one, before you kill it, you just have to deal with it once, instead of the doom swarm. Otherwise, looking at some of the other submissions... thought I was fairly tame, if on the extreme end. And yeah, while I'm not going to complain that my card won, Solitary Champion was probably better designed.

The overpowered thing about your card, Warmatt, is that if you drop it on turn 4 and your opponent doesn't have a silence in hand, the game is pretty much over. No way of removing, no way of silencing them all. Mass AoE actually makes your board stronger.

It's just unacceptable that you force an opponent to have a silence on turn 4 or die.

Compare to other popular silence targets, like Sylvanas; turn 6, have a silence or maybe lose a good minion (but maybe lose a 1/1 or something)

If the card had "Deathrattle : summon ONE copy of this", it would be... Still crazy strong, (and a bit too binary for my taste) but not immediately game winning.

Anyways, no hard feelings for either you or the judge. I actually was giving the win to CantigThimble

I probably won't be competing this week though (because I know nothing about Lovecraft)

Warmatt
2015-05-04, 06:50 AM
Lovecraft? I was talking about the Old Gods and Sha from World of Warcraft. Seriously, I'm always going to use a Warcraft Lore challenge if I win, as a player who enjoys the lore. The Lovecraft bit was a comparison between the man's own work, and the eldritch nature of the things in game.

Gandariel
2015-05-04, 08:39 AM
Oh. Well, I know nothing of WoW either, so I'll just be watching for this week (and maybe commenting on balance)

Jormengand
2015-05-04, 09:27 AM
Lovecraft? I was talking about the Old Gods and Sha from World of Warcraft. Seriously, I'm always going to use a Warcraft Lore challenge if I win, as a player who enjoys the lore. The Lovecraft bit was a comparison between the man's own work, and the eldritch nature of the things in game.

It's considered extremely bad form to do a challenge that several of the would-be-contestants will flat-out not be able to do.

Keledrath
2015-05-04, 09:37 AM
It's considered extremely bad form to do a challenge that several of the would-be-contestants will flat-out not be able to do.

I'm sorry, but that's kind of like saying Iron Chef is unfair because not everyone knows how to cook. Hearthstone is part of Warcraft. It has a wiki. Heck, Carpe even provided links to the relevant wiki pages

Jormengand
2015-05-04, 09:42 AM
I'm sorry, but that's kind of like saying Iron Chef is unfair because not everyone knows how to cook.

No, if I'd said that the challenge was unfair because not everyone was a good card designer, it would be. If IC suddenly started using content from PF, an entirely-related game but one which a fair few of the contestants HAD NEVER PLAYED, I think more than a couple of people would complain. An analogy is only any good if the two circumstances are actually at all similar.

Kish
2015-05-04, 10:10 AM
What does "Hearthstone is part of Warcraft" even mean? Last I checked, Warcraft is the name of one game, with two sequels (Warcraft II and Warcraft III) and a couple spinoffs.

That said, I don't see any indication that Warmatt plans to grade people down for more Lovecraftian than WoW-specific cards.

Warmatt
2015-05-04, 11:33 AM
Hearthstone; Hero's of Warcraft, is what I was sure the name of the game was, taking place with cards from the same universe, and taking from the lore.

As for grading? Yeah, not going to penalize people for more Lovecraftian then Warcraft, particularly as The Old Gods are based on Lovecrafts work, or any eldritch abomination themed card would work. However, my challenges are going to be based around Warcraft/World of Warcraft lore.

And, is it such a bad thing to base it off the lore of a parent game, that's so rich in lore and story, getting them to draw on the rich history rather then merely just mechanics?

Gandariel
2015-05-04, 01:17 PM
I'm with Warmatt on this one.

I know absolutely nothing of World of Warcraft lore, but i accept that others do and want to have a challenge about that. The game *is* based off of WoW after all.

What you *could* do is something like "Make a card based on the Sha or Old gods from Wow. Otherwise, go for a generic Lovecraftian-style thing". Which doesn't penalize anyone and still invites people to use WoW lore.

(Also i think "lovecraftian horror" is broad and vague enough that pretty much anyone should be able to cook something up. I never read anything from that author, but the general theme of "insanity, twisted rituals gods cultists" thing is widely known)

So, it's no big deal. And with my earlier post i didn't mean to say that i don't approve a lore-based challenge

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-04, 01:27 PM
Yeah, quite so. I'm not very familiar with lore, but I'm cool with doing a little research. I'll try and get an entry in before time runs up...

Frog Dragon
2015-05-05, 03:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/nUCksXt.png

http://i.imgur.com/wUJFJ6I.png

http://i.imgur.com/xgYVNxI.png

http://i.imgur.com/XU69OjO.png

http://i.imgur.com/VSRjgyt.png

http://i.imgur.com/hwy2tV1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GXRg4R3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/A0tM7QH.png

The Black Goat 9
Neutral Legendary Minion
Can't be targeted by Spells or Hero Powers. Whenever this minion takes damage, add an Eye of Madness card to your hand.
5/9

Kaleidoscope Eye 3
Neutral Common Spell
Force an enemy minion to attack another random enemy minion.

Burning Eye 2
Neutral Common Spell
Deal 2 damage to all characters.

Eye of Black Ice 3
Neutral Common Spell
Freeze all minions. Destroy all minions that were already frozen.

Lightless Eye 1
Neutral Common Spell
Silence and Freeze a minion. If it was already frozen, destroy it.

Nightmare Eye 2
Neutral Common Spell
Your opponent's cards cost (3) more until the start of your next turn.

Eye of Despair 2
Neutral Common Spell
Give a minion -5/-5 until the start of your next turn.

Sunken Eye 4
Neutral Common Spell
All minions are frozen or returned to the owner's hand (50% chance).

In the land of Ny'alotha there is only sleep...
In the sleeping city of Ny'alotha walk only mad things.
Ny'alotha is a city of old, terrible, unnumbered crimes...
The drowned god's heart is black ice...
At the bottom of the ocean even light must die.
Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.
In the sunken city, he lays dreaming.

Gandariel
2015-05-06, 08:31 AM
Tsathoggua 4
Legendary Neutral Minion
Whenever you play a card, you have a 50% chance to end your turn.
6/5

Note: even if the effect activates, the card is played anyways (and uses its Battlecry if it's a minion)
casting Silence or Fireball at Tsathoggua still has a 50% chance to end the turn.

(Also, it doesn't trigger itself)

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-06, 08:54 PM
Hmmm. Mulling over an initial idea...this needs lots of balancing, but here's the general idea.
The Sha of Pride (7)
Legendary Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Add two random Pride cards to your hand.
7/4

Swelling Pride (3)
Uncollectable Pride Spell
At the end of each turn this minion is alive, deal 3 damage to the enemy hero.

Corrupted Prison (3)
Secret. When a minion deals damage to you, it cannot attack until it takes damage.
(this applies a condition that goes away when the minion takes damage)

Unstable Corruption (3)
Secret. When one of your minions dies, summon two Rifts of Corruption.

Rift of Corruption (2)
Uncollectable Neutral Minion
At the end of your turn, deal 3 damage to a random enemy.
0/3

Reflection (3)
Uncollectable Pride Minion
Battlecry: deal 1 damage to all non-Pride enemies.
3/2

Keledrath
2015-05-07, 06:24 AM
Rift of Corruption should be a Pride Minion. Otherwise, that's a pretty solid card, lorewise.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-07, 07:56 AM
Rift of Corruption should be a Pride Minion. Otherwise, that's a pretty solid card, lorewise.
I'm toying with that...I'm not sure whether to make it a Pride minion, because I'm not sure that I want a player to be able to play it directly (barring minion-bouncing). If it's a neutral minion, the Sha's battlecry can't add it to your hand.

GAAD
2015-05-07, 02:39 PM
Shade of Innsmouth 3
Rare Druid Minion
Stealth. At the end of your turn, give a random Murloc +2/+1
2/2
(Iron Sensei, meet your matchgrlgrlgrl)

Gandariel
2015-05-07, 02:42 PM
Shade of Innsmouth

3 mana 2/2 minion

Stealth. At the end of your turn, give a random friendly Murloc +2/+2

(Iron Sensei, meet your matchgrlgrlgrl!)

Psst! use the standard formatting

Name Cost
Rarity Class Type
text
(stats)

Ysera 9
Legendary Neutral Minion
blah blah
4/12

GAAD
2015-05-07, 02:48 PM
Psst! use the standard formatting

Name Cost
Rarity Class Type
text
(stats)

Ysera 9
Legendary Neutral Minion
blah blah
4/12

Thanks. And Whoops, forgot that Murloc cards should also buff your opponent's Murlocs.

Warmatt
2015-05-07, 02:50 PM
Notice, Judging will be up sometime Saturday. And, been liking the cards so far, plenty of interesting entries this week :smallbiggrin:

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-07, 03:27 PM
Thanks. And Whoops, forgot that Murloc cards should also buff your opponent's Murlocs.
I was about to say that this seemed WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more powerful than Iron Sensei due to stealth, until you pointed that out. It's still really powerful, but with a potential downside.

GAAD
2015-05-07, 04:10 PM
I was about to say that this seemed WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more powerful than Iron Sensei due to stealth, until you pointed that out. It's still really powerful, but with a potential downside.

Do you still think it should be nerfed? I was inspired after facing a mech rogue that ran Shade of Naxxramus, saw two cards with the same base stats, and was intrigued, then was *faced* by a Murloc Druid. I think that guy should have a card like this just for being that daring.

Anxe
2015-05-07, 04:41 PM
As you've written it right now its not a Murloc itself so if you have 2 they can't buff themselves. It is still a bit stronger than Iron Sensei due to the stealth. For that reason I'd change it to +2/+1.

GAAD
2015-05-07, 06:51 PM
As you've written it right now its not a Murloc itself so if you have 2 they can't buff themselves. It is still a bit stronger than Iron Sensei due to the stealth. For that reason I'd change it to +2/+1.

OK doing that. Not having it be able to buff another copy of itself was intentional.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-07, 09:57 PM
Much better, imo. Part of what makes Iron Sensei reasonably balanced is that there's plenty of ways to kill it after it's played. So you only really get one or maybe two good buffs out of it.

Bah, I need to get back to my Sha of Pride...it still needs lots of work.

Gandariel
2015-05-08, 06:33 AM
Bah, I need to get back to my Sha of Pride...it still needs lots of work.

hint: set a power level for your cards:
It seems like your cards are mostly stronger than regular cards, while one of your secrets is just worse than Vaporize

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-08, 07:09 AM
hint: set a power level for your cards:
It seems like your cards are mostly stronger than regular cards, while one of your secrets is just worse than Vaporize
Yeah; my first draft was mostly about translating the boss fight (according to the wiki'ing I did xD) into mechanics in some form. Power level comes next.

Frog Dragon
2015-05-10, 04:26 AM
*poke poke*

Judgement?

Warmatt
2015-05-10, 11:22 AM
Xexanoth 7
Legendary Neutral Minion
5/7
Overall, a great debuff, and a way to really hammer your opponents that rely on battlecry. Also, nice mythos refrence.

Ancient Hunger 7
Shaman Epic Spell
Deal 12 damage divided evenly among all enemies. Restore 3 health to your hero for each one that dies.

A fairly good drain spell, and would fit the dark shaman theme perfectly. As it is, really good card.

Call of Cthulhu 6
Epic Warlock Spell

Eh, a decent enough random minion killer, though would make more sense to convert your own into demons or murlocs?

Sleeper in the Midst 5
Rare Warlock Spell
A random enemy minion gains "Deathrattle: When this minion dies resummon it for your opponent." This effect is not visible to your opponent.

Overall, have to love this card, makes a lot of lore sense, seeing all the hidden cultists and sleeper agents, particularly not knowing who to trust.

Warlock epic
Cultist 3 mana
0/4
At the start of your next turn kill this minion and summon a Shoggoth

Shoggoth 5 mana
2/6
Charge,
At the start of your next turn kill this minion and summon an Elder Thing

Elder Thing 7 mana
4/10
At the start of your turn give a friendly minion +2/+2

Okay, builds from a weak creature, to a decent charger, to a massive buffer? Overall, looks good, and fits.

Sha of Violence 5
Epic Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Gain attack equal to the total damage dealt to enemies this turn.
0/5
Looks awesome. Nice little critter, and relies on dealing as much damage as possible before summoning. Overall, it fits, though could be changed so it has attack equal to the damage dealt this turn if not a battlecry.

Old God Binder 6
Legendary Neutral Minion
At the end of your turn, increase the mana cost of all cards in each player's hands by one. (up to 10 mana)
4/7

Must resist the dark whispers. And succubi. And ice cream.

It works, and fits. Granted, most of the defensive procedures are automatic, or when that fails a 25+ man team of murder-hobo's, but it works:smallbiggrin:

Nyarlathotep (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyarlathotep) 6
Legendary Neutral Minion
Whenever this minion is about to take damage, randomize its attack and health.
(Attack and health always add up to 12).
4/8
You cannot comprehend Nyarlathotep's one true form, of which there are many.

Oh yeah, that fits, that fits for a madness and evil portion just fine.

Nether Warp:
Secret, 3 Mana

Whenever your hero takes 7 or more damage in a single turn, nullify that damage, and randomly redistribute that damage to enemy characters in half the intervals you took the damage, rounded up.
Okay, not too sure on the lore, but as a deflector of damage? Pretty sweet.

http://i.imgur.com/nUCksXt.png

http://i.imgur.com/wUJFJ6I.png

http://i.imgur.com/xgYVNxI.png

http://i.imgur.com/XU69OjO.png

http://i.imgur.com/VSRjgyt.png

http://i.imgur.com/hwy2tV1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GXRg4R3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/A0tM7QH.png

The Black Goat 9
Neutral Legendary Minion
Can't be targeted by Spells or Hero Powers. Whenever this minion takes damage, add an Eye of Madness card to your hand.
5/9

Kaleidoscope Eye 3
Neutral Common Spell
Force an enemy minion to attack another random enemy minion.

Burning Eye 2
Neutral Common Spell
Deal 2 damage to all characters.

Eye of Black Ice 3
Neutral Common Spell
Freeze all minions. Destroy all minions that were already frozen.

Lightless Eye 1
Neutral Common Spell
Silence and Freeze a minion. If it was already frozen, destroy it.

Nightmare Eye 2
Neutral Common Spell
Your opponent's cards cost (3) more until the start of your next turn.

Eye of Despair 2
Neutral Common Spell
Give a minion -5/-5 until the start of your next turn.

Sunken Eye 4
Neutral Common Spell
All minions are frozen or returned to the owner's hand (50% chance).

The Black Goat with a Thousand Young? Nice choice. And, nice choice of creepy lore and card effects to make it work.

Tsathoggua 4
Legendary Neutral Minion
Whenever you play a card, you have a 50% chance to end your turn.
6/5

Okay, a nice card effect, one that makes playing cards a lot more risky, and hits everyone? Nice deal.

The Sha of Pride (7)
Legendary Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Add two random Pride cards to your hand.
7/4

Swelling Pride (3)
At the end of each turn this minion is alive, deal 3 damage to the enemy hero.

Corrupted Prison (3)
Secret. When a minion deals damage to you, it cannot attack until it takes damage.
(this applies a condition that goes away when the minion takes damage)

Unstable Corruption (3)
Secret. When one of your minions dies, summon two Rifts of Corruption.

Rift of Corruption (2)
Uncollectable Neutral Minion
At the end of your turn, deal 3 damage to a random enemy.
0/3

Reflection (3)
Uncollectable Pride Minion
Battlecry: deal 1 damage to all non-Pride enemies.
3/2

Okay, gives you two random cards, themed after the boss fight, nice over all.

Shade of Innsmouth 3
Rare Druid Minion
Stealth. At the end of your turn, give a random Murloc +2/+1
2/2

While I don't know much about Iron Sensei, this is a tricky bugger. On one hand, really good for any and all murlocs, and has a decent downside. On the other... druid.

And the ones not being sacrificed to unspeakable dark powers are....

The Sha of Violence Protects Dr.Gunsforhands, not wishing for such a morsel to be stolen from it's sphere.
Those Cultist just turned into Shoogoths and Elder Things, having laid claim to Hamste.
The Chaos crawled, and Nyarlathotep made his thoughts known on the mortal known as cha0s4a11.
Sadly for him, I was a Sleeper in the Midst, working for Anxe .

Anxe
2015-05-10, 12:25 PM
Wooo! I was expecting the Black Goat to win. When the card scares you, you know its a good Cthulu card.

I'm doing Mother's Day stuff right now. Coming up with a theme will have to wait until tonight.

Next theme is...
Nintendo Themed Card!
Any of their current or past franchises. Go!

onasuma
2015-05-11, 05:21 AM
Masterball 7
Epic Priest Spell
Put target minion into your hand.

Gandariel
2015-05-11, 06:09 AM
... can we stop and have him win already? (Although it should be nerfed to at least 8 mana)

Jormengand
2015-05-11, 06:56 AM
Monado Blade 6
Legendary Paladin Weapon
Battlecry: Add a random Monado Art to your hand.
4/2

Buster! 2
Uncollectable Paladin Spell
Your weapon gets +2/+1 (Even if it's not the Monado Blade)

Enchant! 2
Your minions all get +1 attack

Shield! 2
Your minions all get +1 health

Speed! 2
Give a minion Windfury

Purge! 2
Silence and freeze a minion.

Armour! 2
Gain 8 armour.

Cyclone! 2
Deal 1 damage to all enemies.

Eater! 2
An enemy minion gets "At the start of your turn, deal 1 damage to this minion."

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-11, 07:24 AM
I'm bummed that I never got back around to fixing up my cards, but this theme is amazing. :smallbiggrin:

Commander Falcon (5)
Legendary Neutral Minion
Charge. Divine Shield. At the start of your turn, deal 5 damage to the enemy hero.
5/1
Show me your moves!

(I was fiddling with stats when I realized that I could totally give him Magma Rager stats, which would be hilariously appropriate.)

onasuma
2015-05-12, 03:07 AM
... can we stop and have him win already? (Although it should be nerfed to at least 8 mana)

I'm still debating the cost. 7 was what I chose based on spending a turn removing and then playing a 3 drop. It should be cost inefficient compared to some removal and a regular 3 drop and is. In most cases, it'd be a multiple turn mind control which its going to cost more mana to do giving you a tempo knock, so I think 7 is pretty fair honestly.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-12, 08:35 AM
I'm still debating the cost. 7 was what I chose based on spending a turn removing and then playing a 3 drop. It should be cost inefficient compared to some removal and a regular 3 drop and is. In most cases, it'd be a multiple turn mind control which its going to cost more mana to do giving you a tempo knock, so I think 7 is pretty fair honestly.
And as a removal spell, Priest has way more mana-efficient single-card removal.

I just worry that it's too close to Mind Control and an overall inferior card for a lot of things, considering that some people don't even run 2x Mind Control. That said, it can go off earlier than MC, or you can fit something else in a T10 play with this. Hmm.

CantigThimble
2015-05-12, 12:33 PM
Wii-mote 2
Rare Warrior Spell
Swap a minions attack and health, then deal 1 damage to it for each minion watching.

Would have been funnier for Xbox kinect but still good here. It's only a warrior spell for the synergy.

thirsting
2015-05-13, 01:38 AM
Super Mushrooms 2
Rare Druid Spell
Double target minion's attack and health until it takes damage.

Wait, she ate the whole giant mushroom and *I'm* the one having hallucinations?!

Yeah.. Super Mario Bros is pretty much the only Nintendo title I'm familiar with. Was Fire Flower first, but wanted to do something else than just "deal x damage"...

GAAD
2015-05-13, 09:35 AM
Stolen Powerup 2
Epic Paladin spell
Choose a minion. ALL other minions gain Divine Shield.
Oh come on! That was CLEARLY mine, Jonathan!

EDIT: Buffed to 2 mana. NOW, there need to be four minions on the board already for this to be better than placing Divine Shield individually, whereas before at 3 mana there needed to be at least five.

AgentPaper
2015-05-13, 04:20 PM
Blue Shell 2
Rare Mage Spell
Deal 6 damage to the minion with the most health.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-05-13, 05:00 PM
Here's one that certainly emulates the feel of raw power, without needing to replace your hero, even.

Master Hand
3/9, 8 Mana
Battlecry: Discard 2 cards randomly from your hand. Destroy a random enemy minion for each card discarded.
Deathtouch

GAAD
2015-05-13, 07:26 PM
Here's one that certainly emulates the feel of raw power, without needing to replace your hero, even.

Master Hand
3/9, 8 Mana
Battlecry: Discard 2 cards randomly from your hand. Destroy a random enemy minion for each card discarded.
Deathtouch

Is Deathtouch that thing that Cobra, Maexxna, and Patient Assassin have, that looks like a green potion?

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-13, 07:35 PM
Is Deathtouch that thing that Cobra, Maexxna, and Patient Assassin have, that looks like a green potion?
That'd be the M:tG ability, but I think it's intended to be that. In Hearthstone, it's technically called Poison and is also explicitly called out in card text so far. (See: Maexxna, Emperor Cobra, Patient Assassin.)

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-05-14, 12:49 AM
The blue shell is so great! It feels kind of bonkers for the price but the idea is super-sweet.

Here's an awful attempt to blend the themes of Mario and Warcraft smoothly... EDIT: that I just backpedaled on severely:

Mansion Boo <2>
Common Neutral Minion
At the start of each turn, gain stealth until another character is attacked.
3/2
Boos only drop their guard to attack when your back is turned. They're probably gossiping about you back there, too.https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/dBfcWUuP.png (http://achievementgen.com/hearthstone/)

- Changed the image to something with a more clear Mario theme. Little round ghosts with bows and fans are silly, but Hearthstone isn't afraid to be silly.

- Changed from a 3/3 for 3 to a 3/2 for 2. The overall effect of the ability is both better and worse than stealth, so it's balanced decently with Gilblin Stalker and Faerie Dragon. Either way would probably have been alright, though.

King Boo <4>
Legendary Neutral Minion
Taunt
4/4
This guy is the worst boss. He'll avoid you all day if you're looking for him, but when you're ready to go home, suddenly he's all over you.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/UMSPMZoK.png (http://achievementgen.com/hearthstone/)

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-14, 08:27 AM
The blue shell is so great! It feels kind of bonkers for the price but the idea is super-sweet.

Yeah, I also think it's kinda bonkers. So long as you're running it in a Mage deck that doesn't have lots of high-health minions, the target's almost always one that you would've Fireballed anyway, and this is a cheap Fireball.

AgentPaper
2015-05-14, 03:10 PM
Yeah, I also think it's kinda bonkers. So long as you're running it in a Mage deck that doesn't have lots of high-health minions, the target's almost always one that you would've Fireballed anyway, and this is a cheap Fireball.

A fireball that can't go for the enemy's face, or take out a high-value minion when there's another one with slightly higher HP next to it. Also, seeming super-powerful is part of the Blue-Shell charm, but I think in reality it balances out to not be quite as powerful as it looks.

Anxe
2015-05-14, 03:44 PM
Do you choose the target in a tie or is it random?

Gandariel
2015-05-14, 04:18 PM
Evolution 2
Rare Hunter Spell
Transform target friendly beast into another one that costs 3 more. (Or less if no such beast exists

Congratulations! Your Haunted Creeper evolved into Tundra Rhino! Yeah, we think it's weird too

AgentPaper
2015-05-14, 04:19 PM
Do you choose the target in a tie or is it random?

Random, I'd say.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-15, 11:54 AM
Evolution 2
Rare Hunter Spell
Transform target friendly beast into another one that costs 3 more. (Or less if no such beast exists

Congratulations! Your Haunted Creeper evolved into Tundra Rhino! Yeah, we think it's weird too
Suggestion: the wording sounds nicer if you say it like "costs up to 3 more". I feel like that gets across the same intent.

Warmatt
2015-05-15, 12:03 PM
Sith Lightsaber 5
Legendary Warlock Weapon
Whenever you cast a Warlock Spell, Sith Lightsaber gains +2 Durability
"Beware the power of the dark side!"
4/2

As far as it goes, Warlocks are the Sith of WoW, so why not :smallbiggrin:

Anxe
2015-05-15, 12:13 PM
Sith Lightsaber 5
Legendary Warlock Weapon
4/2

As far as it goes, Warlocks are the Sith of WoW, so why not :smallbiggrin:

Has Nintendo ever made a Star Wars game? I didn't know that.

Warmatt
2015-05-15, 12:16 PM
Yeah, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga :smallcool:

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-15, 01:23 PM
Yeah, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga :smallcool:
It came out on a Nintendo console (among other consoles), but it's a LucasArts game.

(That said, "Star Wars cards" would be a fun theme.)

Warmatt
2015-05-15, 01:27 PM
Yeah, there are older examples of course though (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_Entertainment_System), but if it comes out on a Nintendo console, how is it not a Nintendo game among other things?

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-15, 02:50 PM
Yeah, there are older examples of course though (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_Entertainment_System), but if it comes out on a Nintendo console, how is it not a Nintendo game among other things?
Ultimately judge's discretion, but in my view it's a Nintendo game if Nintendo was the developer; Nintendo's catalog is exclusive to Nintendo consoles, but the opposite isn't true--not everything on a Nintendo console is from Nintendo. That'd be a little like saying that Destiny was a Sony game, because it came out on a Playstation console. :smallwink:

Warmatt
2015-05-15, 02:53 PM
Eh, I'm trying to flimsily justify an interesting weapon to fit in the contest, and I don't know too many Nintendo games aside from Pokémon. And so, I am making a Lego Star Wars/Old Star Wars card for the Sith.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-05-15, 10:14 PM
That'd be the M:tG ability, but I think it's intended to be that. In Hearthstone, it's technically called Poison and is also explicitly called out in card text so far. (See: Maexxna, Emperor Cobra, Patient Assassin.)

Huh, I didn't think that ability had an official name, and it's basically Deathtouch, so I just called it Deathtouch. Good to know.

Anxe
2015-05-15, 10:36 PM
I'm cool with it if it came out on a Nintendo console I guess. My theme was intended to be games developed by Nintendo though.

And we should totally do a Star Wars theme next.

cha0s4a11
2015-05-16, 07:41 AM
Still have a bit of a chaos inspiration from last contest, so let's see what I can do.... Ah, here we go!

MissingNo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MissingNo.) 7
Legendary Neutral Minion
Can't attack. At the end of each turn, cause 1-4 glitches.
4/12
You really shouldn't catch them all.

So, the basic idea behind glitches is that they are a bunch of random things that can happen to something in game. The most common glitches are purely cosmetic while any glitch that effects the mechanics of anything in game are less likely (the more severe the change, the less likely it is to show up).

So <types of changes> ordered from more likely to occur to less likely to occur with examples are:

<Purely Cosmetic> [~50% of glitches]
Randomly change the color of the end turn button.
Change the cardback color of one player's deck.
Change the set of interactable doodads on the game board.
Rearrange the cards in a random player's hand.
Swap the card images for two minions on the field.
Swap the sound effects for two minions on the field.
Randomize the hero portraits for each hero.
Randomize the images for the weapon currently wielded by each player.
etc.
<Slightly affecting> [~25% of glitches]
Give a random minion for each player +1/-1 attack
Give a random minion for each player +1 health
Give a random minion for each player a random subtype (mech/demon/dragon/etc).
Pick two random cards in each player's hand. Increase the cost of one of those cards by 1 while decreasing the cost of the other card by 1.
Shuffle each player's deck in a manner so that the top two cards are guaranteed to be minions, if possible.
Shuffle each player's deck in a manner so that the top two cards are guaranteed to be spells, if possible.
Shuffle each player's deck in a manner so that the top two cards are guaranteed to be weapons, if possible.
etc.
<Moderately affecting> [~15% of glitches]
Give a random minion for each player +/- 2-4 attack
Give a random minion for each player +2-4 health
Give a random minion for each player - 1-4 health (if this takes health down to 0, destroy the minion)
Give a random minion for each player +1 spell damage
A minion swaps attack/health.
Toggle stealth for a random minion for each player (i.e. if it doesn't have stealth, give it stealth. If it does have stealth, remove stealth)
Toggle taunt for a random minion for each player
Toggle divine shield for a random minion for each player
Toggle charge for a random minion for each player
Increase/decrease the cost of all minions/spells/weapons in each player's hand by 1
Each player draws an extra card.
Each player's hand is returned to their deck and they draw back up to their current handsize
Pick two random cards in each player's hand. Increase the cost of one of those cards by 3 while decreasing the cost of the other card by 3.
Shuffle each player's deck so that all of the legendary cards are at the top.
etc.
<Extremely affecting> [~9% of glitches]
Apply any moderately affecting glitch that would normally target a random minion to all minions.
Each player discards their hand and they draw up to 10 cards (or until they hit fatigue, whichever comes first)
Toggle immune/can't attack for a random minion for each player
Give all minions -1 spell damage.
Give each player a random hidden secret (which is not visible to either player until triggered)
Set all minions' attack strength to 0.
Swap all ability text between two random minions on the board.
Swap all ability text between two random minions in each player's hand.
Re-arrange each player's deck in order of lowest mana cost to highest mana cost.
Re-arrange each player's deck in order of highest mana cost to lowest mana cost.
All cards mana cost is set equal to (10-whatever that card originally cost).
Shuffle each player's deck so that all of the minions are at the top.
Shuffle each player's deck so that all of the spells are at the top.
Both heroes swap weapons.
Both heroes swap health.
Both heroes swap hero powers.
Both heroes gain a random hero power.
Both players gain/lose 1 mana crystal.
Increase the number of glitches each turn by 1 (i.e. instead of 1-4 random glitches each turn with this on the field, it will be 2-5/turn with this on the field, and 1 glitch/turn once this thing is dead)
<WTF!?!?!?!?!!?!!?> [~1% of glitches]
Both players swap decks.
Set both players number of mana crystals to 0.
Set both players number of mana crystals to 10.
Each minion gains +5 spell damage.
All minions are transformed into another copy of MissingNo.
Each hero is set to 1 health, 0 armor.
Each hero swaps attack and health (minimum 1 health).
Shuffle both players decks together and split them randomly between the players.
Refill each player's deck back up to 30 cards with random 0-2 cost minions.
Refill each player's deck back up to 30 cards with random 8-10 cost minions.
Refill each player's deck back up to 30 cards with unstable portals.
Each player draws cards until they hit fatigue. (Likely burning quite a few)
Restart the game.
Increase the number of glitches each turn by 5.

GAAD
2015-05-16, 11:04 AM
Still have a bit of a chaos inspiration from last contest, so let's see what I can do.... Ah, here we go!

Legendary Neutral Minion
4/12

So, the basic idea behind glitches is that they are a bunch of random things that can happen to something in game. The most common glitches are purely cosmetic while any glitch that effects the mechanics of anything in game are less likely (the more severe the change, the less likely it is to show up).

So <types of changes> ordered from more likely to occur to less likely to occur with examples are:

etc.
Pick two random cards in each player's hand. Increase the cost of one of those cards by 1 while decreasing the cost of the other card by 1.
Shuffle each player's deck in a manner so that the top two cards are guaranteed to be minions, if possible.
Shuffle each player's deck in a manner so that the top two cards are guaranteed to be spells, if possible.
Shuffle each player's deck in a manner so that the top two cards are guaranteed to be weapons, if possible.
etc.
Give a random minion for each player - 1-4 health (if this takes health down to 0, destroy the minion)
Toggle stealth for a random minion for each player (i.e. if it doesn't have stealth, give it stealth. If it does have stealth, remove stealth)
Increase/decrease the cost of all minions/spells/weapons in each player's hand by 1
Each player's hand is returned to their deck and they draw back up to their current handsize
Pick two random cards in each player's hand. Increase the cost of one of those cards by 3 while decreasing the cost of the other card by 3.
etc.
Apply any moderately affecting glitch that would normally target a random minion to all minions.
Each player discards their hand and they draw up to 10 cards (or until they hit fatigue, whichever comes first)
Give each player a random hidden secret (which is not visible to either player until triggered)
Re-arrange each player's deck in order of lowest mana cost to highest mana cost.
Re-arrange each player's deck in order of highest mana cost to lowest mana cost.
Both heroes swap health.
Increase the number of glitches each turn by 1 (i.e. instead of 1-4 random glitches each turn with this on the field, it will be 2-5/turn with this on the field, and 1 glitch/turn once this thing is dead)
Both players swap decks.
Shuffle both players decks together and split them randomly between the players.
Restart the game.

This... is insanely overpowered. Sure, half the time it does literally nothing but it completely destroys the game itself.

Anxe
2015-05-16, 09:29 PM
This... is insanely overpowered. Sure, half the time it does literally nothing but it completely destroys the game itself.

"completely destroys the game itself."

cha0s4a11
2015-05-17, 01:02 AM
"completely destroys the game itself."

With that goal accomplished, my job here is done! :smallbiggrin:

Seriously though, I think the card has an interesting dilemma associated with it - while there is no deck that can play this card that the glitches won't potentially randomly screw over, presumably it potentially screws over one's opponent in a roughly similar manner. In fact, pretty much all of the mechanical glitches are set up to apply to both players, though granted different players in different situations with different decks can get (sometimes wildly) different amounts of benefit/detriment.

Assuming that the opponent has a plan to win with their deck that they don't want to risk getting messed up by glitches, they will likely have to do one of the following things:

1) Kill MissingNo with fire (either premium removal spells or trading a bunch of minions poorly into it)
2) Silence it and deal with the equivalent of a silenced Ysera but be free of the glitches.

In that way it's a sort-of pseudo-taunt. It's (probably) not going to save you if your opponent is looking to beat you down in the next couple of turns, but it is a decent way to make your opponent consider attacking something other than your face.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-05-17, 01:04 AM
You can get similar effects without making it so intimidatingly complicated:

- "At the end of your turn, put a random Glitch card in your hand." (So you can cast them as beneficial spells.)
- "At the end of each turn, summon a 0/3 Glitch." (It comes right into play with a random ability whether you like it or not, but people can still see and interact with it.)
- "*Some specific glitch effect*" (Just pick whichever one you consider the most evocative of what missingno does, or at least the funniest.)
- "Battlecry: transform all other minions into random minions with the same cost. Transform all cards in your hand into random cards with the same costs."

Keledrath
2015-05-17, 06:29 AM
Personally, I love it. 11/10. And yes, that is possible. Because glitches.

Hamste
2015-05-17, 10:27 AM
I'm kind of disappointed myself, missingno is most known for replicating the 6th item in your inventory. So I'm going to submit my own Missingno

Missingno 6
Legendary Neutral Minion
At end of your turn replicate the 6th card in your hand until your hand is full.
10/2

The stat distribution is similar to the actual Missingno's stats which has the highest attack value of all the gen 1 pokemon and low HP and defence. It is a risk vs reward type card. If you don't have anything in your 6th card slot when you play it then it isn't much value but if you do you can get up to 4 cards from this thing. It does die to almost everything though. I would rather it be the 5th card but Missingno specifically goes for the 6th. It also has interesting synergy with warlocks which have the easier time getting that number of cards and changing what is in the 6th slot if it survives somehow.

Kish
2015-05-17, 10:30 AM
Also worth noting that its effect automatically includes "the card you try to draw at the start of your next turn will burn" if you had enough cards in hand for Missingno to take effect.

Hamste
2015-05-17, 10:35 AM
Also worth noting that its effect automatically includes "the card you try to draw at the start of your next turn will burn" if you had enough cards in hand for Missingno to take effect.

Yep, I should have noted that with why Warlock is better at changing the 6th card in hand thing. Other classes need an actual draw mechanism to do it or to play 5 cards in a turn.

Anxe
2015-05-17, 11:06 PM
Masterball 7
Epic Priest Spell
Put target minion into your hand.

Pretty simple and I think it's also balanced at 7 mana. Probably would've worked better as a Hunter card in the Warcraft/Pokemon fusion, but it fits the "steal minions" flavor of Priest.

Monado Blade 6
Legendary Paladin Weapon
Battlecry: Add a random Monado Art to your hand.
4/2

Buster! 2
Your weapon gets +2/+1 (Even if it's not the Monado Blade)

Enchant! 2
Your minions all get +1 attack

Shield! 2
Your minions all get +1 health

Speed! 2
Give a minion Windfury

Purge! 2
Silence and freeze a minion.

Armour! 2
Gain 8 armour.

Cyclone! 2
Deal 1 damage to all enemies.

Eater! 2
An enemy minion gets "At the start of your turn, deal 1 damage to this minion."

Ah... This one won the "Which game is that from contest?" for me. Googled it and got a few answers. I can't judge much on flavor from that, but the extra cards are all quite nice. I'm not sure how well it would do against Truesilver Champion. It's more expensive, but comes with possibly a better effect. Having a card that a player has to think about whether they should add it to a deck is always a sign of a well designed card to me. Nicely done!

Commander Falcon (5)
Legendary Neutral Minion
Charge. Divine Shield. At the start of your turn, deal 5 damage to the enemy hero.
5/1
Show me your moves!

(I was fiddling with stats when I realized that I could totally give him Magma Rager stats, which would be hilariously appropriate.)

The Magma Rager stats may have been a bad idea. You've made this pretty much always better than Argent Commander. It has more attack, its cheaper to play, and it has a bonus ability. All for sacrificing 1 health? It IS a Legendary so it should be better than other 5 mana cards, but this goes a little far. It's better than a 6 mana cost card. Awesome job on flavor though! F-Zero is an amazing race franchise and Falcon is one of my favorite Smash Bros picks. You nailed it.

Wii-mote 2
Rare Warrior Spell
Swap a minions attack and health, then deal 1 damage to it for each minion watching.

I didn't really get the reference here. My experience is that the Wii-motes are dangerous to people around you, not yourself. Something more like a Betrayal effect would've made more sense to me. The card seems balanced though! Good sign!

Super Mushrooms 2
Rare Druid Spell
Double target minion's attack and health until it takes damage.

Wait, she ate the whole giant mushroom and *I'm* the one having hallucinations?!

Pretty much exactly what mushrooms do in Mario. And it's not broken as it's dealt with just by dealing the recipient minion damage. It might make Divine Shield minions viable in Druid decks as well because they can keep the buff after their first hit.

Stolen Powerup 2
Epic Paladin spell
Choose a minion. ALL other minions gain Divine Shield.
Oh come on! That was CLEARLY mine, Jonathan!

So is this card about when you steal a powerup from someone in Mario Kart or an item in Smash Bros? The flavor text is good, but I'm not so sure how the effect matched the theme. While powerups are defensive because they block damage to the kart I think they're primarily offensive. After all, when they block something, usually that something is another powerup. I'm not really sure how you could translate that effect into Hearthstone. I'd like to see it, but I don't this card did it quite right. Sorry.

Blue Shell 2
Rare Mage Spell
Deal 6 damage to the minion with the most health.

Pretty simple. Decently balanced as well. Nice!

Master Hand
3/9, 8 Mana
Deathtouch

I think this gets pretty close to how strong Master Hand felt to me (not my friends though... They beat that thing all the time). Ultimately that's a bit of a problem though. If you set it up to discard Spare Parts, this card costs you basically nothing to destroy two cards of your opponents. Then it has Deathtouch (Poison. Whatever.) and high health allowing it to possibly destroy two more cards. It just feels a little too strong. I think it could work as an Adventure only card though.

Mansion Boo <2>
Common Neutral Minion
3/2
Boos only drop their guard to attack when your back is turned. They're probably gossiping about you back there, too.https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/dBfcWUuP.png (http://achievementgen.com/hearthstone/)

King Boo <4>
Legendary Neutral Minion
Taunt
4/4
This guy is the worst boss. He'll avoid you all day if you're looking for him, but when you're ready to go home, suddenly he's all over you.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/p/UMSPMZoK.png (http://achievementgen.com/hearthstone/)

This one's pretty good! Just the right amount of stealth to match how the Boos worked.

Evolution 2
Rare Hunter Spell

A little more random than how evolution works in Pokemon, but randomness is the heart of Hearthstone. It also makes 4 mana beasts like Tallstrider and Snapjaw a lot scarier if this thing could be following them up. BOOM! Malorne, Gahzrilla, or Core Hound! Decently priced for what it does as well.

Sith Lightsaber 5
Legendary Warlock Weapon
4/2

It's basically never going to break with adding 2 durability. It's not quite as good as other weapons for clearing minions because Warlocks are already taking damage from their hero power. I don't think that balances it enough though. If the opponent doesn't have a taunt then this card basically deals the opponent 4 damage a turn with no cost to the Warlock. A little too strong.

Legendary Neutral Minion
4/12

etc.
etc.
etc.
Both heroes swap health.
Both players swap decks.
Restart the game.

While I think you captured what MissingNo does to your save file sometimes, I also think you went too far. I don't think many people will play this outside of joke decks. Sorry.

Missingno 6
Legendary Neutral Minion
At end of your turn replicate the 6th card in your hand until your hand is full.
10/2

I do remember doing this trick to get more Rare Candies! This captures a few parts of how MissingNo works, but the effect is just a little too specific to function in most decks I think.

AgentPaper with his Blue Shell. Good card!
Dr.Gunsforhands with his Mansion Boo cards! Well done. I love stealth cards, so I had a soft spot for this card.
thirsting with his Super Mushrooms. Mario is the flagship of Nintendo (according to me anyways) and mushrooms are the basic part of the old Super Mario games. Well done! Now pick the Star Wars theme...

thirsting
2015-05-18, 12:31 AM
Must not bow to social pressure, must not bow to...
Oh, fine, make a Star Wars themed or inspired card!

...and if someone claims they don't know anything about Star Wars, I don't believe you!

Gandariel
2015-05-18, 12:32 AM
Evolution 2
Rare Hunter Spell

A little more random than how evolution works in Pokemon, but randomness is the heart of Hearthstone. It also makes 4 mana beasts like Tallstrider and Snapjaw a lot scarier if this thing could be following them up. BOOM! Malorne, Gahzrilla, or Core Hound! Decently priced for what it does as well.

i actually did a bit of cost- checking when making thIs card:

Snapjaw turtle was one of the best (body always survives for a turn, can trade with something before evolving, 7-mana beasts are strong)
but... The best beast (IMO) was the almighty Jungle Panther.
you play it, it survives a turn thanks to the stealth, it hits the opponent's face for 4 and then BAM, Savannah Highmane. (on turn 3/4)
Also there were some hilarious details:
6+ beasts give you King Krush for burst. King Krush would evolve into itself, giving him effectively Windfury.

Gandariel
2015-05-18, 04:11 AM
Stormtrooper 2
Common Neutral minion
Always misses its target.
3/3

"And these blast points, too accurate for sand people. Only imperial storm troopers are so precise"

Mechanical clarification:
it's like the Ogre Brute's ability, but it works 100% of the times.
It will always hit an enemy, it will never hit the one you aimed at (if possible). It can pass through taunt.

The text SHOULD read "always attacks the wrong enemy ", but it's funnier this way.

I'm also considering a 4/3 version which has a 50% chance of whiffing (dealing no damage )

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-18, 07:41 AM
Stormtrooper 2
Rare Neutral minion
3/3

"And these blast points, too accurate for sand people. Only imperial storm troopers are so precise"
I feel like I need to give up already. :smalltongue:

But I'll submit my own!

Death Morningstar (4)
Legendary Warrior Weapon
At the start of your turn, this gains +3 attack. If it already has 6 attack, it explodes instead and deals 6 damage to every enemy.
0/1
That's no mace. It's a handheld battlestation.

I'm thinking about whether this needs to have more Durability. At 2 Durability, I feel like it's superior to the Reaper, being like a time-delayed Reaper that also hits everyone on the second swing without damaging the Warrior. At 1 Durability, though...hmm. I guess it's a delayed spell that you can also sacrifice in a jiffy if you need a minion destroyed. On the other hand, it's also a weapon that sticks around. Hmm. Upgrade is an interesting combo with this, too.

Jormengand
2015-05-18, 09:46 AM
Millennium Falcon 9
Legendary Neutral Mech
Charge, Mega-windfury
1/8

Not sure about the cost - even at 9, Millenium Falcon + The Coin + Rockbiter Weapon + Rockbiter Weapon is a 28 damage to the face combo. Plus, the four (8?) cards from blessing of wisdom... hrrm...

Use the Force! 2
Epic Shaman spell
Pick a minion up and put it somewhere else. Draw a card.

Why shaman? Because I figure they'll have the most use for it, that's why. To clarify, this just changes a minion's position on your side or your enemy's, rather than moving it off the board or onto the other player's side or whatever.

Hamste
2015-05-18, 10:08 AM
Millennium Falcon 9
Legendary Neutral Mech
Charge, Mega-windfury
1/8

Not sure about the cost - even at 9, Millenium Falcon + The Coin + Rockbiter Weapon + Rockbiter Weapon is a 28 damage to the face combo. Plus, the four (8?) cards from blessing of wisdom... hrrm...

Warlocks have PO for 36 damage if they use two. It falls to "only" 20 damage if they use just one.

Droideka 6
Rare Neutral Mech
At the start of each turn give this minion Divine Shield
2/7

Strong guards, Droidekas excel in one on one combat...just don't ask them to go up stairs.

I chose these stats because they were durable enough that it might get divine shield a few times but weak enough that it doesn't swing the battle with it's infinite shields. My only regret is not being able to give them a higher attack than defense just so they died if the enemy some how reflects the attack back at them.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-18, 10:27 AM
Bear in mind, that Droideka would be total Blood Knight fodder.

Hamste
2015-05-18, 10:34 AM
Bear in mind, that Droideka would be total Blood Knight fodder.

Yep, I could imagine if a droideka deck became a thing blood knight would be included perhaps with several other divine shield minions. Or it could be a nice addition to a buff deck as it becomes a lot more dangerous with a higher attack.

CantigThimble
2015-05-18, 02:30 PM
Jedi Initiate 2
Neutral Common Minion
Battlecry: Play a force secret.
2/1
Paragon

Reflect 1
The next 2 damage that would be dealt to a friendly paragon is dealt to a random enemy instead.

Jump 1
Whenever a friendly paragon would be attacked it gains stealth until the end of the turn instead.

Lightsaber Throw 1
Whenever a friendly paragon is attacked deal 2 damage to the attacker.

Prescience 1
Whenever a spell targets a friendly paragon counter the spell and return it to the opponent's hand.

Choke 1
Whenever a friendly paragon dies deal 4 damage to the enemy hero.

Lightning 1
Whenever a friendly paragon dies deal 1 damage to 3 random enemies.

Edit: Thanks, I was debating over which to use and forgot midway. I didn't want to use 'Jedi' and 'Sith' or 'Force User' so paragon seemed good.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-18, 02:39 PM
@Cantig: you put down "champion" in several spots where I think you meant "paragon".

Kish
2015-05-18, 06:09 PM
I presume Prescience uses up the spell as per standard Counterspell (and thus spends the mana to cast it).

What exactly happens when Jump is triggered? I get that the attack is canceled and the targeted paragon gains stealth, but does the attacking character count as having attacked that round?

Reflect is confusing. If you have it active and a Sludge Belcher (3 attack) attacks your Jedi Initiate, does it redirect two points of the damage, leaving one point to affect the Initiate (killing the Initiate)? What if the chosen "random enemy" is the Sludge Belcher, who (already wounded) started off with three health and thus will not survive both the damage from attacking the Jedi Initiate and the Reflect damage? What if the chosen "random enemy" is the Sludge Belcher again, but the Belcher started off with 1 health?

None of the qualifiers say "friendly paragon." Is it intended that, e.g., if you have Choke active and your opponent's Jedi Initiate slams into your Sludge Belcher (taking enough damage to die), it will use up your secret and do four damage to your opponent?

CantigThimble
2015-05-18, 06:24 PM
I presume Prescience uses up the spell as per standard Counterspell (and thus spends the mana to cast it).

What exactly happens when Jump is triggered? I get that the attack is canceled and the targeted paragon gains stealth, but does the attacking character count as having attacked that round?

Reflect is confusing. If you have it active and a Sludge Belcher (3 attack) attacks your Jedi Initiate, does it redirect two points of the damage, leaving one point to affect the Initiate (killing the Initiate)? What if the chosen "random enemy" is the Sludge Belcher, who (already wounded) started off with three health and thus will not survive both the damage from attacking the Jedi Initiate and the Reflect damage? What if the chosen "random enemy" is the Sludge Belcher again, but the Belcher started off with 1 health?

None of the qualifiers say "friendly paragon." Is it intended that, e.g., if you have Choke active and your opponent's Jedi Initiate slams into your Sludge Belcher (taking enough damage to die), it will use up your secret and do four damage to your opponent?

Jump counts the character as having attacked that round (but doesn't use up weapon durability and won't stop blessing of wisdom triggering)

Reflect triggers when damage is dealt, so if the belcher is at 3 health it takes 2 damage from the initiate, the initiate takes 1 damage from the belcher and the 2 reflected damage could kill the belcher afterwards. If the belcher is at 1 health, it will die to the initiate's attack and kill the initiate, but could also be a target for the reflect, as the reflection damage will occur at the same time as the combat damage. The belcher COULD go to -3 in this scenario before dying and triggering deathrattle.

Edit: Perhaps a better way to explain is that the damage from reflect IS the damage that the creature would deal, it happens at exactly the same time mechanically despite the animation time, just to a different character.

And they should say friendly, thanks for the catch.

GAAD
2015-05-18, 10:22 PM
Jar Jar Binks 3
Neutral legendary minion
Battle cry: Silence all minions.
1/3

We... don't talk about him.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-05-18, 11:46 PM
Harrison Solo <6>
Legendary Neutral Minion
When this minion attacks or is attacked, it deals its damage first.
5/3
I ALWAYS shoot first.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-19, 08:03 AM
Harrison Solo <6>
Legendary Neutral Minion
5/3
I ALWAYS shoot first.
Oooh, first strike? Tres clever.

Gandariel
2015-05-19, 11:40 AM
Guys, I just had a stupid idea.
(Not my submission)
Plot armor 3
Rare Shaman spell
Give a minion TWO Divine Shields.

I know it's stupid, but it was too funny not to share. :D

Also, @Kish, secrets can't activate on your turn, so your last idea doesn't work.

Kish
2015-05-19, 11:41 AM
Why shaman?

Gandariel
2015-05-19, 11:44 AM
I didn't want to make it Paladin because it didn't really fit (even though only Paladins have currently access to Divine shield)

Eventually more classes will be given Divine Shields, and Shaman looks like a possible one. Also, from what little I know Thrall is a protagonist in the Warcraft lore, and I'm assuming he has had his fair share of Plot Armor

Anxe
2015-05-19, 12:23 PM
Ice Wampa 3
Rare Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Your opponent equips a Lightsaber.
4/6

Lightsaber 4
Uncollectable Weapon
Your hero ignores Frozen.
4/2

From the Empire Strikes Back when Luke "reequips" his lightsaber in the Wampa's cave.

Kish
2015-05-19, 12:32 PM
Yeti stats, cheaper than a yeti and with a Battlecry that could work against the player but could easily be to the player's advantage (by, e.g., destroying the Doomhammer to make way for a reequipped Stormforged Axe, or the Ashbringer to make way for a Muster for Battle weapon), and will usually do simply nothing.

Jormengand
2015-05-19, 12:35 PM
(by, e.g., destroying the Doomhammer to make way for a reequipped Stormforged Axe, or the Ashbringer to make way for a Muster for Battle weapon)

Or combo with Harrison Jones. :smalltongue:

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-19, 01:55 PM
Yeti stats, cheaper than a yeti and with a Battlecry that could work against the player but could easily be to the player's advantage (by, e.g., destroying the Doomhammer to make way for a reequipped Stormforged Axe, or the Ashbringer to make way for a Muster for Battle weapon), and will usually do simply nothing.
Most important is that last point, I think. Coin into this on Turn 2, and you pretty much have a Yeti T2 with no downside. I don't think there's a single class that would've had a destroyed weapon by that turn. (Technically a Rogue who coined into Dagger T1, I guess.)

GAAD
2015-05-19, 02:45 PM
I would make the battlecry "Your opponent equips a random weapon".

Jormengand
2015-05-19, 02:56 PM
Most important is that last point, I think. Coin into this on Turn 2, and you pretty much have a Yeti T2 with no downside. I don't think there's a single class that would've had a destroyed weapon by that turn. (Technically a Rogue who coined into Dagger T1, I guess.)

Fiery Win Axe could go down by then as well, to be fair.

Hamste
2015-05-19, 03:06 PM
Fiery Win Axe could go down by then as well, to be fair.

Actually it can't and neither could the dagger. What CarpeGuitarrem said supposes that you coin into the creature, in which case the opponent couldn't have coined into a weapon. The only way I can see getting rid of a weapon before second person's turn 2 with out the coin is to either play double light's justice or be a druid and double innervate out a blingtron. Theoretically with out coin turn 3 you might be able to do it but it involves coining out a weapon and probably attacking face with it just on the off chance to punish this card.

onasuma
2015-05-19, 03:30 PM
Turn 1: Innervate, Innervate, Blingtron 3000, Gorehowl, hit face.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-19, 03:43 PM
Actually it can't and neither could the dagger. What CarpeGuitarrem said supposes that you coin into the creature, in which case the opponent couldn't have coined into a weapon. The only way I can see getting rid of a weapon before second person's turn 2 with out the coin is to either play double light's justice or be a druid and double innervate out a blingtron. Theoretically with out coin turn 3 you might be able to do it but it involves coining out a weapon and probably attacking face with it just on the off chance to punish this card.
...wow, did I really posit a situation where both players coined? Sheeeeeesh. I am so not on top of things today, haha. :smalltongue:

That would be correct. But yeah, the basic point is--if you draw it in your opening hand, it's actually very likely that you get a 4/5 for 3 with no downside, especially if you go second.

Anxe
2015-05-19, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I wasn't really sure how to handle it. Maybe I should make it a specific weapon that is equipped or go to a random one?

Jormengand
2015-05-19, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I wasn't really sure how to handle it.

By hitting it very hard.

Anxe
2015-05-19, 10:00 PM
K. Got an updated version of that Wampa now.

Jormengand
2015-05-20, 05:32 AM
Yeah, I changed my card completely 'cause the old one just didn't work.

Kish
2015-05-20, 08:51 AM
Also, @Kish, secrets can't activate on your turn, so your last idea doesn't work.
I just saw this edit. Read my last idea again: I'm proposing that your opponent's Jedi Initiate attacks your Sludge Belcher, dying and triggering your Secret. It would require both of you having Jedi Initiates, or you stealing a Secret from your opponent (Kezen Mystic?), but either of those could happen.

Anxe
2015-05-20, 08:58 AM
Millennium Falcon 9
Legendary Neutral Mech
Charge, Mega-windfury
1/8

Use the Force! 2
Epic Shaman spell

Why shaman? Because I figure they'll have the most use for it, that's why. To clarify, this just changes a minion's position on your side or your enemy's, rather than moving it off the board or onto the other player's side or whatever.

Say I have a Stormwind Champion and an injured Spell Totem. The Totem is a 1/2 right now. If I pick up the Stormwind and put it down again is my totem a 1/3? I think that's how it would work if I removed the Stormwind and then added it back to the field. Does this card actually remove from the field to trigger effects like this?

EDIT: And then buffs on the card picked up as well. Do those stick?

Jormengand
2015-05-20, 09:29 AM
Say I have a Stormwind Champion and an injured Spell Totem. The Totem is a 1/2 right now. If I pick up the Stormwind and put it down again is my totem a 1/3? I think that's how it would work if I removed the Stormwind and then added it back to the field. Does this card actually remove from the field to trigger effects like this?

EDIT: And then buffs on the card picked up as well. Do those stick?

No, it doesn't take it off and put it back down again, it literally takes it and changes its position. Or at least that was the intention. Otherwise I'd probably have said "Pick a minion up and put it back down somewhere else."

thirsting
2015-05-21, 03:28 AM
I want to make one too.

Protocol Droid 133-T 2
Rare Neutral Mech
This minion counts as any other minion type, both while in hand and in play.
2/2

"I know up to and over three million different languages and dialects and the basics of marketing for murlocs 101."

Mech, Dragon, Murloc, Beast and Pirate synergy in one neat package. Totem too I quess?

Anxe
2015-05-21, 08:08 AM
I want to make one too.

Protocol Droid 133-T 2
Rare Neutral Mech
This minion counts as any other minion type both in hand and in play.
2/2

"I know up to and over three million different languages and dialects and the basics of marketing for murlocs 101."

Mech, Dragon, Murloc and Beast synergy in one neat package.

And Pirate and Totem!

Kish
2015-05-21, 08:11 AM
This minion counts as any other minion type both in hand and in play.
Should that be, "This minion counts as any other minion type, comma, both in hand and in play," or does, e.g., the Droid only count as a dragon if you have a dragon on the board and a dragon in your hand?

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-21, 09:06 AM
Should that be, "This minion counts as any other minion type, comma, both in hand and in play," or does, e.g., the Droid only count as a dragon if you have a dragon on the board and a dragon in your hand?
Easy wording fix: "...while in hand and in play". No comma necessary.

thirsting
2015-05-23, 08:49 AM
The Galactic Senate convenes in about 30 hours, in order to try and find consensus on what to do with all these new, suddenly emerged cards.

Gandariel
2015-05-23, 12:12 PM
May the 24th be with you.

wait, I got that wrong.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-05-23, 08:39 PM

Easy wording fix: "...while in hand and in play". No comma necessary.

Why stop there? "Counts as every minion type," is completely viable. Then you can even get it with Captain's Parrot and Webspinner.

Warmatt
2015-05-23, 10:13 PM
Going to try and make a difficult, if noteworthy card, based around a Sith from the Star Wars Novels, and most importantly, the one that founded the Rule of Two, and his first apprentice. I just hope I can do him justice, and get her transform ability correct.

Darth Bane, Dark Lord of the Sith 10
Legendary Warlock Minion
Battlecry; Summon Darth Zannah, Sith Apprentice.
Darth Bane gains Divine Shield at the beginning of each turn
""I am the Dark Lord who will restore the Sith to glory. They call me Bane."
10/8

Darth Zannah, Sith Apprentice 6
Legendary Warlock Minion
Spellpower +2
When Darth Bane, Dark Lord of the Sith is destroyed, Transform this Minion into Darth Zannah, Dark Lord of the Sith.
"You still have much to teach me. I will continue to study at your feet, Master. I will learn from your wisdom. I will discover your secrets, unlocking them one by one until everything you know—all your knowledge and all your power—is mine. And once you are no longer of use to me, I will destroy you."
4/5
//////////////////////////////////////////////
Darth Zannah, Dark Lord of the Sith 10
Legendary Warlock Minion
At the end of each turn, place a copy of any spells cast by players into your hand. This includes Hero Powers.
Spellpower +5
"This is the way of our Order. An individual may die, but the Sith are eternal."
7/8

Kish
2015-05-24, 04:50 AM
Both versions of Darth Zannah need mana costs (even though they're not normally cast; they might be bounced to a hand or copied with Gang Up).

thirsting
2015-05-24, 02:49 PM
I could imagine playing a Star Wars spinoff game of Hearthstone with these. Getting flashbacks from all of the movies when going through them, too.
And I'm so glad everyone gives everyone else some useful feedback between judgings, as I'm not very... well, see below.

Jar Jar Binks 3
Neutral legendary minion
Battle cry: Silence all minions.
1/3

We... don't talk about him.
I bet he has plot armor (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19276225&postcount=861) on, and somehow STILL survived the blast and now (annoyingly) floats in space in a divine shield bubble, waiting for some unlucky rescuer to find him..

As a card, seems quite okay to me. Sometimes useless of course, but sometimes could cause a lot of harm to enemy by removing deathrattles and buffs.

Stormtrooper 2
Common Neutral minion
3/3

Solid. Can actually be targeted more accurately than the 3-mana Ogre, when there's only one enemy minion on board..

Death Morningstar (4)
Legendary Warrior Weapon
At the start of your turn, this gains +3 attack. If it already has 6 attack, it explodes instead and deals 6 damage to every enemy.
0/1
That's no mace. It's a handheld battlestation.

Delayed blast area of effect that can be played around. Powerful, but does exactly nothing if enemy has weapon-destructors. Hm.

Use the Force! 2
Epic Shaman spell

I've been wishing for something like this to exist, if only to be safeguard against stupid decisions on earlier turns.

Ice Wampa 3
Rare Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Your opponent equips a Lightsaber.
4/6

Lightsaber 4
Uncollectable Weapon
Your hero ignores Frozen.
4/2

Good idea, but I would change that Lightsaber to have one durability only, maybe? Like it though.

Darth Bane, Dark Lord of the Sith 10
Legendary Warlock Minion
Battlecry; Summon Darth Zannah, Sith Apprentice.
Darth Bane gains Divine Shield at the beginning of each turn
10/8

""I am the Dark Lord who will restore the Sith to glory. They call me Bane."

Darth Zannah, Sith Apprentice
Legendary Warlock Minion
Spellpower +2
When Darth Bane, Dark Lord of the Sith is destroyed, Transform this Minion into Darth Zannah, Dark Lord of the Sith.
4/5

"You still have much to teach me. I will continue to study at your feet, Master. I will learn from your wisdom. I will discover your secrets, unlocking them one by one until everything you know—all your knowledge and all your power—is mine. And once you are no longer of use to me, I will destroy you."

//////////////////////////////////////////////

Darth Zannah, Dark Lord of the Sith
Legendary Warlock Minion
At the end of each turn, place a copy of any spells cast by players into your hand. This includes Hero Powers.
Spellpower +5
7/8

"This is the way of our Order. An individual may die, but the Sith are eternal."

Pretty much Big Game Hunter or kill-spell needed to trigger the Dark Lord Zannah, but I think 10/8 with shield and 4/5 in one turn sounds more than good enough already.

Droideka 6
Rare Neutral Mech
At the start of each turn give this minion Divine Shield
2/7

Strong guards, Droidekas excel in one on one combat...just don't ask them to go up stairs.

No idea how good that renewing shield would be.. But doesn't seem overpowered at least. This might have staying power to get most out of buff cards, at least sometimes.

Jedi Initiate 2
Neutral Common Minion
Battlecry: Play a force secret.
2/1
Paragon

Reflect 1
The next 2 damage that would be dealt to a friendly paragon is dealt to a random enemy instead.

Jump 1
Whenever a friendly paragon would be attacked it gains stealth until the end of the turn instead.

Lightsaber Throw 1
Whenever a friendly paragon is attacked deal 2 damage to the attacker.

Prescience 1
Whenever a spell targets a friendly paragon counter the spell and return it to the opponent's hand.

Choke 1
Whenever a friendly paragon dies deal 4 damage to the enemy hero.

Lightning 1
Whenever a friendly paragon dies deal 1 damage to 3 random enemies.

Not tieing this up to old secret-using heroes? Would make Kezan Mystic potentially slightly more valuable.
At the very least it would give a truly secret secret, without enemy being able to quess which one it might be based on what they've seen you play so far and/or 'meta'..

Harrison Solo <6>
Legendary Neutral Minion
5/3
I ALWAYS shoot first.
This has a simple, very useful ability, and it has a weakness (spell/battlecry damage) to prevent it being too overpowering. I like this a lot. Card as badass as Han Solo himself.
Winner!

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-24, 09:03 PM
Just to clarify, the last one is the winner? :smallsmile:

thirsting
2015-05-24, 11:26 PM
Yes. Dr.Gunsforhands, with always first shooting Harrison Solo, somewhere down there at the bottom of nested quote heap.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-05-25, 04:47 AM
Okay, so I went back through the thread, looking at winners to see what we don't get very much of. I already kind of forget! But:

Make a class-specific minion that costs 2 or 3 mana!

thirsting
2015-05-25, 08:51 AM
Malevolent Symbiont 3
Epic Warlock Demon
Battlecry: This minion is Immune until target enemy minion dies.
3/1

Once you catch one, there's only one way to get rid of it.

Jormengand
2015-05-25, 09:04 AM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/cardgenhs/t/R63TwHAo.png

High Priestess Ishanah
Legendary Priest Minion
You draw from your opponent's deck.
0/4

On play:
"The light cleanses all!"
On ability:
"Let the light do its work."

If you try to draw cards your opponent doesn't have, you take the fatigue damage and it stacks up normally. For example, if you draw twice when your opponent has no cards, then Ishanah dies, and then you draw twice when you have no cards, you take 1+2+3+4 damage.

Gandariel
2015-05-25, 10:14 AM
Fortune Channeler 2
Epic Shaman Minion
All numerical effects for your spells and minions are maximised.
3/2

Explaination:
Crackle, fireguard Destroyer, Lightning Storm will always roll for max.
Boom Bots will always do 4 damage, March of the Murlocs will always spawn five,etc.
(It will also affect stuff like Imp-Losion if you somehow get that in your hand)

It does not affect Ancestor's Call, Mad Bomber, or Arcane Missiles, and it doesn't affect your opponent's stuff.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-25, 01:06 PM
Lava Raptor (2)
Rare Hunter Minion
At the end of your turn, this gains +1/+1. After Lava Raptor deals damage, reduce its attack to 1*.
1/1
{Beast}
FWEAHGWAHAHAAAAAAAAAR!!! Now I need a nap.

*because of the way that aura effects work, the aura buff comes back immediately

GAAD
2015-05-25, 01:28 PM
This... is a worse Micro Machine. Having a buff your opponent can remove without using a silence is awful; if you play Micro Machine and swing it into your opponent's face then that card is straight up better than this. Since Micro gains 2 every turn and this only gains 1, WITH that bonus being repeatedly removed, I'd say make it gain 3 attack at the end of your turn, since the bonus goes away. That way, it goes up faster than Micro, but can only be used once before it charges up again.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-26, 09:16 AM
Somehow, I forgot that Micro gains attack so fast...

I need to think about how to make it work, because I want to be careful about not ramping the power too much. Tweaked the timing, and now it's a 4/2 for 2. :-/

EDIT: Hmmmmm. Worked it into something else, in an effort to make it more midrangey (as was the initial intent) and also not a lesser version of Micro.

CantigThimble
2015-05-26, 12:10 PM
Tauren Stormsoul 2
Shaman Common
Battlecry: If you have a totem, deal 2 damage.
2/3

Someday, someday one of these Tauren totem-tribal cards will win a contest.

Hamste
2015-05-26, 12:35 PM
Lunk 2
Priest Legendary
Can not kill any minions
3/8

From the ogre Lunk. He got the player to attack spiders until he could ride them and was very against killing. If you killed them he would get really annoyed. Mechanics rise, any minion that Lunk hits that would be killed is left with 1 health instead.

Warmatt
2015-05-26, 01:19 PM
Dark Advisor 3
Rare Warlock Demon
When you destroy a minion with a Demon or Warlock Spell, Draw a card
"For the most part, he only advises the darker course of action."
1/6

Destroy a minion with a demon or warlock spell? This lets you draw a card.

onasuma
2015-05-26, 02:26 PM
Dynamiteamo 2
Rare Mage Minion
Whenever ~ takes damage from a spell or hero power, do the same damage to all other minions.
1/2
{Mech}

Keledrath
2015-05-26, 04:39 PM
Dynamiteamo 2
Rare Mage Minion
Whenever ~ takes damage from a spell or hero power, do the same damage to all other minions.
1/2
{Mech}

That might be a bit too good. Fireballing it results in 6 mana for 6 board damage.

Honestly, that kind of mechanic feels like it would be at home on one of the tricky legendaries: If you use this right (like above) it can turn a game. Use it wrong (your opponent uses it to similar effect) and it bones you.

onasuma
2015-05-26, 05:27 PM
2 cards and 6 mana to be a little bit, contextually, better than a flamestrike? No, I think thats fine. Although, maybe on a legendary. I shall ponder that.

Keledrath
2015-05-26, 05:38 PM
Well, it's also the fact that the big risk element feels more like a gimmick legendary to me.

Also, compared to Flamestrike
1 more card
1 less mana
2 more damage
hits your own field.

Anxe
2015-05-26, 05:39 PM
2 cards and 6 mana to be a little bit, contextually, better than a flamestrike? No, I think thats fine. Although, maybe on a legendary. I shall ponder that.

Ancient Watcher + Shadowflame.

I think Mage's already have too many board clear options, but this card isn't that different from Explosive Sheep or the Warlock combo.

GAAD
2015-05-26, 10:06 PM
Bound Elemental 2
Rare Shaman minion
Battlecry: Reduce the overload of all cards in your hand by (1).
2/2

Gandariel
2015-05-27, 12:32 AM
@Dynamiteamo: It's somewhere between Wild Pyro, Explosive sheep, and Shadow flame.
from a balance standpoint, it doesn't look over or under powered.
From a design standpoint... I'm not the judge.

@GAAD: psst! Cards that actively hamper your opponent's options (block his mana, make him discard cards) are heavily discouraged in Hearthstone!

Jormengand
2015-05-27, 07:44 AM
@GAAD: psst! Cards that actively hamper your opponent's options (block his mana, make him discard cards) are heavily discouraged in Hearthstone!

Honestly, quite a lot of games have a similar policy - Riot Games talks about considering how fun an ability is to have used on you as well as how fun it is to use. There's also their rule that is "If you're not making plays, you're not having fun." Though that doesn't stop them putting hard CC on every other champion they put out.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-05-27, 09:02 AM
Possible fix: "Battlecry: All minions played next turn gain Overload (1)."

r2d2go
2015-05-28, 11:47 PM
Murloc Stormcrasher 3
Rare Shaman Minion
All Murlocs have Windfury.
1/1

GAAD
2015-05-29, 12:03 AM
Ok altered my minion.

The Glyphstone
2015-05-30, 02:37 PM
Howbout this...

Storm Elemental 3
Rare Shaman Minion
2/2
Battlecry: Deal 1-2 damage to all enemy minions.
Overload (2)

Mini Lightning Storm on a stick.

Frog Dragon
2015-06-01, 03:58 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qeZ9VyU.png

Dalaran Cryomancer 3
Rare Mage Minion
All friendly minions have "freeze any character damaged by this minion".
4/3

Kish
2015-06-02, 11:19 AM
Bound Elemental 2
Rare Shaman minion
2/2
If Overload is reduced to 0, does that count as "that card has no Overload" or as "that card has an Overload of 0, which locks no crystals but will still buff Unbound Elementals"?

GAAD
2015-06-02, 12:05 PM
The second one. The card still HAS the quality "Overload", it just doesn't actually overload you.

Frog Dragon
2015-06-02, 12:08 PM
*poke poke*

Judgement?

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-06-02, 01:11 PM
The second one. The card still HAS the quality "Overload", it just doesn't actually overload you.
Or more technically, it overloads you for 0 mana.

Anxe
2015-06-02, 09:23 PM
If you have two Bound Elementals do cards get Underloaded? :smalltongue:

GAAD
2015-06-02, 11:06 PM
Technically they do, but practically they don't. It's sort of like Emperor Thaurissan; the values of the cards he lowers do in fact go into the negatives, and any effects that would raise their costs (EG Mana Wraith, Loatheb) are calculated based on the negative integer in the files, but you don't actually gain a coin by casting cards with a mana cost of negative one. An Annoy-o-tron that's been Thaurissaned 3 times is the exact same card that it was last turn: a 0 mana 1/2 taunt divine shield mech Hello Hello Hello. So playing two Bound Elementals would not make cards like Lightning Bolt or Fireguard Destroyer GIVE temporary mana crystals. Negative integers are treated as if they are zero by the game engine, so a Fireguard Destroyer with Overload (-1) would have precisely the same effect as a Fireguard Destroyer with Overload (0).

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-06-03, 01:27 AM
Malevolent Symbiont 3
Epic Warlock Demon
Battlecry: This minion is Immune until target enemy minion dies.
3/1
Once you catch one, there's only one way to get rid of it.

Ooh, a horror staple. I like how it's good even if you target a little token, since it won't be able to just trade itself in as it usually would. It makes me wonder if it's a little too annoying, but at least it's annoying in a fun puzzle-solving way.

High Priestess Ishanah
Legendary Priest Minion
You draw from your opponent's deck.
0/4

"The light cleanses all!" // "Let the light do its work."

Ooh, a Priest mill enabler? I do like how she effectively unlocks a whole new style of play. The card image looks neat, too, though I'm not sure what this character is about in the story. She kind of feels like a master impostor here.

Fortune Channeler 2
Epic Shaman Minion
All numerical effects for your spells and minions are maximised.
3/2

It's a neat effect, and I do like how it would fit in a, "high roller," gimmick deck; I see the attraction to this way of doing things. It feels a little clunky and mathematical by Hearthstone standards, though. "Your spells always deal maximum damage," would probably have been enough.

Lava Raptor (2)
Rare Hunter Minion
At the end of your turn, this gains +1/+1. After Lava Raptor deals damage, reduce its attack to 1*.
1/1
{Beast}
FWEAHGWAHAHAAAAAAAAAR!!! Now I need a nap.

You've probably already noticed how janky this ability is. Actually saying that its attack is reduced to 1, 'until the end of the turn,' would have been helpful. If you didn't explicitly say it was a naptime effect, I would have no idea what the ability represents, which kind of counts against it. The only situation where it matters is when your opponent throws in a token to save a little bit of health on their larger creature, but the raptor isn't big enough for that to come up very much.

Tauren Stormsoul 2
Shaman Common
Battlecry: If you have a totem, deal 2 damage.
2/3

A totem-tribal supporter did win a contest once. I judged it! :smalltongue:

I can imagine a Tauren casting a lightning spell when it comes into play, but that is pretty bonkers when it works and still reasonable when it doesn't; it might be game-warpingly good. It might trick some players into playing a totem when a vanilla 2/3 would have been better, though, which is arguably a positive feature.

Lunk 2
Priest Legendary
Can not kill any minions
3/8

Here's the thing about Lunk: even though he's a pacifist, he's actually an unbelievably powerful aggro card. He would routinely get in for 9 damage or more before finally getting overwhelmed. His closest match in the game is probably Millhouse Manastorm, and MM's drawback can make you lose the game immediately. Lunk gets even better later in the game, when his drawback barely matters against anything but tokens and his size helps you ram down big taunts with ease. The ability is cool, but it just doesn't outweigh the benefits here.

...also, he could probably get away with being Neutral, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him re-submitted in aother contest.

Dark Advisor 3
Rare Warlock Demon
When you destroy a minion with a Demon or Warlock Spell, Draw a card
"For the most part, he only advises the darker course of action."
1/6

This guy should probably be Legendary. At the very least, he should be less efficient to cast. A 1/6 for 3 would be really good on its own in the right deck, and the ability is just absurd in its raw value potential.

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/41b/040/c3b/resized/philosoraptor-meme-generator-where-have-i-seen-this-before-774512.jpg

Yeah, Dynamiteamo bears a rather striking resemblance to Explosive Sheep, from its function as a sweeper right down to the fact that it's a mech. It's also weird that it's so much better than explosive sheep most of the time for its expanded versatility. The idea is cool, but it's not going to get far in a contest that's already so full of top-shelf entries.

Bound Elemental 2
Rare Shaman minion
2/2

Okay, this is a cute and simple card that would go pretty far if they make it. It would be like the Shaman's Sorcerer's Apprentice. Actually, I'm kind of disappointed that it's not a Goblin because of that.

Murloc Stormcrasher 3
Rare Shaman Minion
All Murlocs have Windfury.
1/1

A win condition for the Murloc deck. Extraordinarily dangerous, but requires some thought to play properly, kind of like Savage Roar. Not bad.

Storm Elemental 3
Rare Shaman Minion
2/2
Battlecry: Deal 1-2 damage to all enemy minions.
Overload (2)

It's really really good. Perhaps not game-breaking, but still, really really good. The ability feels like it'd be more at home on a bigger, more expensive minion, especially considering that the 3-cost overload-2 slot is already a bit cramped. But, this version could have its day, too.

So many good cards! The Shamans nominate the High Roller, the Priests nominate the High Priestess, and the Warlocks nominate the High Parasite. Of the three, Malevolent Symbiont is probably the most interesting to play against, where Ishanah is probably the worst in that regard, since she'll inevitably steal all of your combo pieces and not even give your opponent much satisfaction in the process since she's so easy to kill. She is really cool, though, and a memorable game-changer. Fortune Channeler is probably the most balanced, though. Hmm...

...well, the symbiont could probably get away with being a neutral card, and Ishanah's effect could probably get away with being on a more expensive card; they may well come back in other forms later. As such, Gandariel's Fortune Channeler is the most tailored for this particular contest. GG!

Frog Dragon
2015-06-03, 01:51 AM
Uh, you missed my submission.

Gandariel
2015-06-03, 02:14 AM
Well too bad. My turn, no take backs! Ha!

thirsting
2015-06-03, 04:42 AM

Don't hide the text form behind spoilers. Probably why it got missed..

Frog Dragon
2015-06-03, 05:03 AM
*shrug*

Done that in every contest and never got missed before.

Gandariel
2015-06-03, 05:45 AM
Welp, new challenge time:

Do something related with Health Point total!

Clarification:
your card needs to have something to do with the Health Total of one (or both) the Heroes:
Examples include Drakonid Crusher (if your opponent is at 15 or less), Mortal Strike (if you are at 12 or less).
Mind Blast and Zombie Chow are NOT Ok.

I'm open to questions if this isn't clear enough.

General guidelines for my judging:
- Less is more
- going against the current state of the game (Druid secrets, Hunter Overloads, Legendary spells, etc) is frowned upon, but will definitely pass if you give a valid enough reason
- For legendary spells/weapons the reason can simply be "because it's clearly Legendary"
- fluff and WoW-lore are appreciated but not essential (I know nothing of WoW and mostly just interested in the mechanics)

Jormengand
2015-06-03, 06:10 AM
Incidentally, I decided on Ishanah because in WoW she keeps telling you to go steal all the demons' stuff and bring it to her.

Legendary Priest Minion
Has attack and life equal to your life. When it takes damage or healing, so do you.
0/0

Gandariel
2015-06-03, 08:20 AM
What happens when it dies?
I mean, I'd it dies by damage so do you, but what about Assassinate?

What happens vs Aldoor or Hunter's mark?

Kish
2015-06-03, 08:28 AM
I would guess 1) nothing, 2) just as if Aldor Peacekeeper tries to debuff a Lightspawn the debuff appears briefly and then is immediately overwritten by the minion's attack returning to what the minion's text says it has to be, and 3) as for Aldor Peacekeeper, the Health briefly shows as 1 and then turns back to what it was before the Mark was used.

I'd also guess that if it's mind controlled it will immediately change to reflect its new controller's health. DO NOT PLAY AGAINST KEL'THUZAD.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-06-03, 08:55 AM
Landro Longshot (4)
Legendary Rogue Minion
At the start of the turn, if your health total is odd, add a random Collector's Item to your hand.
4/4

Dragon Kite
Uncollectable Neutral Spell (1)
Choose a minion. Whenever a spell deals damage, that minion deals 2 damage to a random character.

Banana Charm (1)
Uncollectable Neutral Spell
Restore 3 Health to your hero.

Rocket Chicken (1)
Give a random friendly minion +3 attack until the end of the turn.

Perpetual Purple Firework (1)
Choose a minion. At the end of your turn, it deals 1 damage to a random enemy.

Jormengand
2015-06-03, 09:29 AM
I would guess 1) nothing, 2) just as if Aldor Peacekeeper tries to debuff a Lightspawn the debuff appears briefly and then is immediately overwritten by the minion's attack returning to what the minion's text says it has to be, and 3) as for Aldor Peacekeeper, the Health briefly shows as 1 and then turns back to what it was before the Mark was used.

I'd also guess that if it's mind controlled it will immediately change to reflect its new controller's health. DO NOT PLAY AGAINST KEL'THUZAD.

All of these are correct. Avatars of the Light just won't follow the rules!

Snipe will deal 4 damage to Avatar and 4 damage to you. Repentance will change it to 1 and back again. Shadow Madness will give it to your opponent, change its stats to their health, they'll take damage when it does, and then they'll give it back and it'll regain its old stats. Hellfire will deal 3 damage to it and 6 damage to you, giving it -6/-6. Similarly, consecrate will give it -4/-4, as will holy nova cast against you. Holy nova cast by you will give it +4/+4 for the same reason. Alexstrasza will make it a 15/15. Gang Up or Mirror Entity can give you multiple Avatars of the Light, making AoE even more horridly powerful from both directions. Everything works the way you'd probably expect it to work.

GAAD
2015-06-03, 09:40 AM
Anna'Turin Kirr 10
Legendary Druid Minion
At the end of each turn, set each hero's Health to 30.
0/12
I bring life, and... well, that's it really.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-06-03, 10:20 AM
Holy nova cast by you will give it +4/+4 for the same reason.
Nitpick! Holy Nova can't heal it because of how the card works, so it only gives the card +2/+2.

Frog Dragon
2015-06-03, 10:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/FGfmvzb.png

Berserker's Axe 2
Common Warrior Weapon
If you have 18 or less health, gain +2 attack.
2/2

Jormengand
2015-06-03, 10:30 AM
Nitpick! Holy Nova can't heal it because of how the card works, so it only gives the card +2/+2.

Technically not, but it should be clear from the way it's written that any healing targeted at/AoE on the creature heals you even though it doesn't actually heal the creature, exactly. Because it's Hearthstone and not Magic, cards don't actually have to write exactly what they do to the letter (War of Omens is even worse for this - one of the cards literally says "God gives you a card" as though that were in any way an indication of what the card did) so it shouldn't matter.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-06-03, 11:03 AM
Hmm, I suppose. But I should point out that Northshire and Lightwarden care about this distinction: they only trigger when damaged characters are healed. Avatar of Light can never be damaged RAW, so it can't receive healing.

Eh, either way it's a minor point that only really matters for Circle of Healing and Holy Nova.

onasuma
2015-06-03, 11:50 AM
Doctor Jekyll 2
Legendary Neutral Minion
At the start of your turn, if your life is less than 10, transforms into Mr. Hyde.
2/2

~~~

Mr. Hyde 5
Uncollectable Legendary Neutral Minion
Whenever you take damage, gains +1/+2
4/5

@\/: Thanks for the catch!

Jormengand
2015-06-03, 12:04 PM
It's spelt Jekyll, not Jeckle. :smalltongue:

CantigThimble
2015-06-03, 12:18 PM
Paladin Hospitaler 5
Common Neutral Minion
Battlecry: If you have 10 or less health restore 6 Heath to your hero.
6/5

thirsting
2015-06-04, 02:00 AM
Mimicking Disguise 6
Epic Rogue Spell
Your hero becomes a copy of the enemy hero.

*shrug* Often the target just gets easily confused and goes "Oh hey, that's me! Wonder how´d it feel kissing myself..?" Then they quickly get stabbed in the eye.

Yes, this includes everything, hit point total, any armor and weapon, and hero power. I think this should be a Rogue thing? Quick googling suggests that might be a thing in WoW... Needs better name.

I've been wondering, too ... https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/parallel_universe.jpg

The Glyphstone
2015-06-04, 12:42 PM
Scrapped text

Gandariel
2015-06-04, 01:47 PM
@thirsting: Do you get a copy of their weapon?

Also i'm happy to see a lot of entries already. I do suggest everyone to keep improving and balance-checking :)

@Glyphstone: Why not just cut one of the abilities?

The Glyphstone
2015-06-04, 03:54 PM

Also i'm happy to see a lot of entries already. I do suggest everyone to keep improving and balance-checking :)

@Glyphstone: Why not just cut one of the abilities?

Mainly because I want it to be dynamic, changing in utility based on the current relative health pools, but Hearthstone reacts oddly to state changes sometimes - for example, a 4/4 buffed to a 6/6 with 5 damage on it, that gets Silenced, becomes a 4/4 again instead of a 4/1 or a 4/-1. That's the 'weird interaction' I'm worried about.

I might just scrap it and start over with a new idea.

Gandariel
2015-06-04, 04:42 PM
yeah. my point is: why not just make it a x/x with "if you have less health than your opponent, gain +x/+x"?

thirsting
2015-06-04, 05:27 PM
--

I want to say no, but... to keep it as simple as possible, yes, exact copy, including any possible weapon. And armor, too.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-06-04, 05:28 PM

Whoops! Let's rectify this: It's a cool mage card, pardon the pun. It seems like it could become more oppressive than you bargained for, though.

Anxe
2015-06-04, 06:32 PM
Ferocious Magic 0
Rare Druid Spell
Gain mana crystals equal to your armor for this turn only.

A different version of innervate that work alongside the Druid's Hero Power, Claw, and Bite.

Let me know if this one doesn't fit the Health theme though! Not sure if armor counts.

GAAD
2015-06-04, 06:50 PM
Heh. Two Druid cards here. One is super controls, forcing OTKs (hence its punny name)band being the one card Majordomo Executis is a hard counter to, and the other a super Aggro card with huge rewards for hitting the opponents face last turn AND free Claws and bites and discount hero power. I think it's okay though. Claw claw bite bite ferocious Deathwing is a combo. Pyroblast, ten health, and 12/12 on field.

Anxe
2015-06-04, 09:50 PM
Heh. Two Druid cards here. One is super controls, forcing OTKs (hence its punny name)band being the one card Majordomo Executis is a hard counter to, and the other a super Aggro card with huge rewards for hitting the opponents face last turn AND free Claws and bites and discount hero power. I think it's okay though. Claw claw bite bite ferocious Deathwing is a combo. Pyroblast, ten health, and 12/12 on field.

Well what do you expect from a 6 card combo? :smallcool:

Gandariel
2015-06-05, 01:36 AM
Ferocious Magic 0
Rare Druid Spell
Gain mana crystals equal to your armor for this turn only.

A different version of innervate that work alongside the Druid's Hero Power, Claw, and Bite.

Let me know if this one doesn't fit the Health theme though! Not sure if armor counts.

I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to say this card doesn't fit the contest. Neat idea though!

Anxe
2015-06-05, 12:42 PM
I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to say this card doesn't fit the contest. Neat idea though!

K. I'll come up with something else.

EDIT: New entry!

Stalwart Bastion 3
Epic Neutral Minion
This minion's attack is equal to your opponent's health minus your health.
0/4

Could be utterly useless if you're ahead. It's still fairly killable even if it comes out as something massive like a 15/4. Plus, its obvious silence bait.

Keledrath
2015-06-05, 06:17 PM
I feel the name is off on that. It implies something that would be a powerful defender, not an equalizer.

r2d2go
2015-06-05, 09:40 PM
Archmage of Ice 6
Epic Mage Minion
At the end of your turn, if you have 10 or less health, add two Freezing spells to your hand, and ~ gains Immune until the start of your turn.
4/5

Cone of Cold
Frost Nova
Frostbolt
Ice Barrier
Ice Lance
Blizzard
Ice Block

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-06-06, 10:25 AM
K. I'll come up with something else.

I gotta say, I really like the idea behind the card! Maybe bring it back for a later contest?

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-06-06, 03:06 PM
Greencap Swordsman 3
Common Paladin Minion
Taunt
Battlecry: If your hero is at full health, deal 2 damage.
3/3

Light-breather Drake <5>
Rare Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Gain attack equal to one-fifth of your health.
1/6

Keledrath
2015-06-06, 03:10 PM
Sudden Death <10>
Legendary Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Silence then destroy all minions, including Sudden Death. Destroy all Weapons. Remove all Armor from both players. Both players are reduced to 1 life and discard their hands
4/12

Yes, it's the ultimate desperation play

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-06-06, 03:17 PM

...or the win condition for your mill deck. :smalltongue:

Keledrath
2015-06-06, 03:23 PM
Are Mill decks even effective? I haven't played in a while, last time i got on it was really just people running Coldlight Seer alongside things like Mukla and Cho to fill up the other guy's hand.

Jormengand
2015-06-06, 03:24 PM
Sudden Death <10>
Legendary Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Silence then destroy all minions, including Sudden Death. Destroy all Weapons. Remove all Armor from both players. Both players are reduced to 1 life and discard their hands
4/12

I am become topdeck, destroyer of worlds.

Also, this is bad against mage or hunter or rogue or druid, not to mention dangerous against nearly anyone.

Keledrath
2015-06-06, 03:28 PM
I did consider adding "Disables all Hero Powers"

Also, best play following this? Topdeck Jaraxxus.

Jormengand
2015-06-06, 03:32 PM
I did consider adding "Disables all Hero Powers"

Also, best play following this? Topdeck Jaraxxus.

I see your Jaraxxus and raise you an Alexstrasza to my own face.

EDIT: Also, secrets?

Kish
2015-06-06, 03:38 PM
The diabolical laugh of the mage who just got that from an Unstable Portal...

Jormengand
2015-06-06, 03:40 PM
The diabolical laugh of the mage who just got that from an Unstable Portal...

Alternatively, you use BY THE POWER OF RAGNAROS! I HAVE THE POWAH! and duplicate/echo it to get a second. Or Gang Up with Emperor if you're a rogue. Or MC the enemy's Emperor if you're priest... or use a summoner, or any other way to make your minions cost less.

Keledrath
2015-06-06, 03:44 PM
Don't Battlecries only trigger when played from hand?

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-06-06, 03:48 PM

If you're talking about the Unstable Portal thing, it does put the card in your hand. It just costs 3 mana less.

Kish
2015-06-06, 03:54 PM
Yes. I don't know what Jormengand is thinking of, other than Thaurissan--playing that card twice is certainly redundant--but my thought was, if a mage can get a copy of that card that costs 8 mana or less, that's the game over if that mage can live to her 10th turn.

Note that this is merely an observation, not a criticism; if I couldn't think of any way to use it that wasn't gambling on the opposing player spending the next turn making her/his lip go phbbbbbbb it would be a card no one would ever actually use, like Wisp.

Jormengand
2015-06-06, 04:14 PM
Yes. I don't know what Jormengand is thinking of, other than Thaurissan--playing that card twice is certainly redundant--but my thought was, if a mage can get a copy of that card that costs 8 mana or less

Such as with multiple copies of emperor, such as gang up or duplicate might obtain?

The Glyphstone
2015-06-07, 06:13 PM
New idea:

Honorbound Gladiator
4 Mana Epic Warrior Minion
8/8

Costs (1) MORE to play for each point of health difference between you and your opponent.

"Go on, catch your breath. I can wait a minute."

(Revised: Lowered Mana cost by 1).

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-06-07, 10:20 PM
New idea:

Honorbound Gladiator
5 Mana Epic Warrior Minion
8/8

Costs (1) MORE to play for each point of health difference between you and your opponent.
This is hilarious. :smallbiggrin:

GAAD
2015-06-07, 10:32 PM
Costs too much.

The Glyphstone
2015-06-08, 01:00 AM
You think it's too expensive? I figured 4 mana was too cheap, let alone 3 or less - most decks are going to be trading cheap minions for the first 2-3 turns.

r2d2go
2015-06-08, 02:04 AM
It could be very strong in formats that expect to have little face-interaction in the beginning (e.g. Arena Priest vs Paladin) or in classes that can control their health total (e.g. Priest, Warrior). I think that 4 mana would be fine, though. Mountain Giant can drop for 4 mana turn 4, after all. Good thing its Epic or it might be too ridiculous for Arena.

The Glyphstone
2015-06-08, 02:12 AM
So a 4-mana Neutral minion? I thought a 5-mana Warrior-exclusive minion was good enough.

Gandariel
2015-06-08, 04:14 AM
So clarification, this thing costs 1 more for each point of hp difference.
does it go both ways? (Does the cost increase no matter who has the most HP?)

The Glyphstone
2015-06-08, 04:18 AM
So clarification, this thing costs 1 more for each point of hp difference.
does it go both ways? (Does the cost increase no matter who has the most HP?)

Correct. It's a reward for careful HP management, getting a Giant-size body out on Turn 4+.

Hamste
2015-06-08, 12:08 PM
The only problem is the majority of the match ups your hp totals are not going to be close. In any match against warlock the warlock will be lower, in face hunter your hp will be lower (particularly seeing armor is not health). Against druid and rogue it might work but they both have hero powers that reward taking damage meaning they will probably be below the Warrior. In mech mage you have a chance to have an even health depending on how well you answer their threats. Finally the only decks it is good against are other warriors, shamans and priests as warriors and priests can counter damage and Shamans are in a weird place.

Even worse if your health totals are more than five apart (like any warlock match will be for most of the game) it will be impossible to play and even a separation of just 3 points will result in it being bad value.

Here is my take on that idea
Plains Giant 15
Epic Priest minion
Costs one less for every point of health difference between you and your opponent.

It sadly had to be class specific to keep warlocks and hunters from getting easy free giants.

The Glyphstone
2015-06-08, 02:20 PM
The only problem is the majority of the match ups your hp totals are not going to be close. In any match against warlock the warlock will be lower, in face hunter your hp will be lower (particularly seeing armor is not health). Against druid and rogue it might work but they both have hero powers that reward taking damage meaning they will probably be below the Warrior. In mech mage you have a chance to have an even health depending on how well you answer their threats. Finally the only decks it is good against are other warriors, shamans and priests as warriors and priests can counter damage and Shamans are in a weird place.

Even worse if your health totals are more than five apart (like any warlock match will be for most of the game) it will be impossible to play and even a separation of just 3 points will result in it being bad value.

Here is my take on that idea
Plains Giant 15
Epic Priest minion
Costs one less for every point of health difference between you and your opponent.

It sadly had to be class specific to keep warlocks and hunters from getting easy free giants.

I considered something like that Giant, but I didn't like it because it goes in the opposite design direction. With that design, it's either a huge Win More card (if you are leading in HP) or a likely useless desperation play (if they are leading). The Gladiator design is a reward for careful play, to get an extremely powerful minion out early without having to deliberately surrender board advantage the way Mountain Giant demands. Or in late-game play, it is useless/weak when the advantage is strongly in favor of either side, but very powerful as a stalemate breaker.

4 Mana seems good, but it's going to stay Warrior exclusive. The flavor-mechanics interaction is for it to be at its most effective (cheapest) when you and your opponent are evenly matched...that goes completely against a Rogue philosophy, and while it isn't against a Druid concept, it doesn't support one either. Warrior's the best fit for that cross-pollination. None of these cards are real, so the state of the current ranked meta is utterly irrelevant to my design goals.

Gandariel
2015-06-09, 06:36 AM
The JUDGERNAUT is coming... tomorrow.

Gandariel
2015-06-10, 07:05 AM
THE JUDGERNAUT IS HERE!

Legendary Priest Minion
Has attack and life equal to your life. When it takes damage or healing, so do you.
0/0

Uh, the idea is nice (Serra Avatar anyone?) but the card just comes off as weak. A (say) 15/15 for 10 is really bad. Deathwing has a huge battlecry along with his massive stats and he's not that great.

Landro Longshot (4)
Legendary Rogue Minion
At the start of the turn, if your health total is odd, add a random Collector's Item to your hand.
4/4

Hm. Interesting mechanic, that's for sure. I will say this card doesn't feel very Roguish, and I don't understand why I would gain a spare part, ahem Collector's Item if my health is odd. Probably some lore thing i'm missing? The card is well balanced mechanically, still.

Anna'Turin Kirr 10
Legendary Druid Minion
At the end of each turn, set each hero's Health to 30.
0/12
I bring life, and... well, that's it really.

This is not an easy card to evaluate. I will say, though, that costing 10 mana it should have a power level in the range of Deathwing. This card definitely has a strong effect, but nothing else really going for it. Your opponent will just kill it and you'll be back from where you started. I suppose this is more geared towards Fatigue decks, but even those just carry one Tree of Life (and frankly, we're happy those decks aren't around anymore )

Berserker's Axe 2
Common Warrior Weapon
If you have 18 or less health, gain +2 attack.
2/2

Balanced as always, reasonable, but really unexciting.
Important note: I'd run Win Axe over this 99% of the time.

Doctor Jekyll 2
Legendary Neutral Minion
At the start of your turn, if your life is less than 10, transforms into Mr. Hyde.
2/2

~~~

Mr. Hyde 5
Uncollectable Legendary Neutral Minion
Whenever you take damage, gains +1/+2
4/5

Good idea and nice literary choice, but the card itself is weak. If you're at less than 10 health, a 2/2 for 2 will be instantly vaporized. And a 4/5 next turn wouldn't be that impressive anyways. On the first turns it's just a weak 2/2 for 2.

Paladin Hospitaler 5
Common Neutral Minion
Battlecry: If you have 10 or less health restore 6 Heath to your hero.
6/5

So. The idea behind this card is really nice. When on really low hp, bring you back.
Paladin is also a good fit.
But why on earth would a Hospitaler be a 6/5?
i'm not saying it's OP or anything (it's strong, but not really problematic), but I don't really see why a healer card would be so strong (and geared towards attack). I also don't really like that it completely steps over poor Guardian of Kings (but that's not really a fault. You gotta step on somebody to stand out)

Mimicking Disguise 6
Epic Rogue Spell
Your hero becomes a copy of the enemy hero.

Oookay?
This follows the string of Far Sight, very gimmicky and weird card, so Epic is the correct rarity.
The gimmick is a fun one, but the card itself is probably unplayable. Too expensive for what it does (which is essentially a big health gain and a change to a hero power your cards are not suited to)

Stalwart Bastion 3
Epic Neutral Minion
This minion's attack is equal to your opponent's health minus your health.
0/4

Hey, this is nice!
Totally useless if you're not down on health, OK-to-good otherwise.
You need to be 3-4 health down for it to be even an ok card.
I had some trouble judging this card.
So I thought, what deck would run it?
Some sort of control deck? Maybe Warlock? I don't think it would fit in Handlock (the deck is really tight) but maybe there's room for another breed of Control Warlocks? I don't know.
I really like the gimmicky-epic feel, can't help but feel the card is a bit too weak.

Archmage of Ice 6
Epic Mage Minion
At the end of your turn, if you have 10 or less health, add two Freezing spells to your hand, and ~ gains Immune until the start of your turn.
4/5

Whoa, whoa,whoa.
Having played a lot of Freeze Mage, I can safely tell you this card is way too strong.
Hide under an Ice block, this card will keep feeding you more Ice secrets (so you don't die), or more board freezes (so you can't die) or just damage spells (so you… kill your opponent).
Sorry. This is way too strong a wincon, and ridiculously hard to remove. Antonidas is way harder to activate.

Greencap Swordsman 3
Common Paladin Minion
Taunt
Battlecry: If your hero is at full health, deal 2 damage.
3/3

Oooh, neat! One of the best health-related effects I could think of. Bravo!
My problem with this card is simple: The effect is only likely to activate against control decks, but you'd want the effect mostly against Aggro.
The taunt might make the whole thing a bit too strong, too. But good job!

Sudden Death <10>
Legendary Neutral Minion
4/12

Whoa.
No, sorry. I don't like the design, and the card is an auto-lose against half decks. Also, even if you gimmick it somehow (hero power -innervate-Sudden Death, or Thaurissan), I still don't like the card because it's too binary.
The opponent has a board of the most resilient creatures, 100 total health, and you kill him with two cards?

Honorbound Gladiator
4 Mana Epic Warrior Minion*
8/8

- - - - - - - -

Plains Giant 15
Epic Priest minion

Might as well judge you two together, since I'm kinda forced to tell you which one I like the most anyways.

Glyphstone: The card is way,way too binary. And probably too weak. Like Inner fire cheese, you either get a great thing, sometimes, or it's mostly a dead card.

Hamste: I don't like the fact that this is Priest-specific, but I suppose you were forced.
I'm mostly going to consider the case where you are low on HP, since if you're 10 hp up as a Priest you have probably won already.
I will say I like this card more, because you almost always get a chance of casting it. May this be too strong? Probably not. A quick calculation tells me that it's basically impossible to cast in the first three-ish turns. It is one hell of a comeback tool against Hunter, but in this case it's just a way better Molten Giant.
Now that I think about it, for a Priest deck this card is pretty much just a better Molten Giant. This is not necessarily bad, and I still think the card is not really overpowered.

Battlecry: if your opponent has more Health than you, gain Taunt/Charge/Divine Shield

Priest card:
Battlecry: Increase your Maximum Health by X.

Big creature
Can't attack unless your opponent has more Health than you

Ok, so that was a lot of writing.
Sorry for the lack of quips in the spoiler titles, but seriously. This challenge gave me a headache with the balancing, since many of these cards are very hard to evaluate.

Anyways.
The finalists are…

DrGunsforhands, Anxe and Hamste. Good job!
But then again, there must be one only winner…
and a winner is you!

specifically,
DrGunsforhands!
I feel your card is overpowered (It's probably better than SI:7, and needs to lose Taunt and/or a stat point or two), but i'm giving you the win because yours was the most interesting and creative use of the constraint. Bravo!

Good job to everyone, and can't wait for the next challenge!

Kish
2015-06-10, 09:21 AM
Deathwing has a huge battlecry along with his massive stats and he's not that great.

This seems to assume that Deathwing's Battlecry is entirely a positive, whereas I'm dubious that it's even primarily a positive.

Gandariel
2015-06-10, 09:40 AM
I described his Battlecry as Huge bevause it affects the board in very huge way. (Not necessarily in a positive fashion )

Nobody would play a 30/30 for 10, simply because by playing it you essentially passed the turn. And one hard removal makes it all disappear.

When you play Deathwing, you get the effect NOW, and it (ideally) solves your board problems, other than being big.

That's the point.

(Then, Deathwing isn't used because it's a dead card for 9 turns and there are a lot of occasions where he isn't a good play)

Kish
2015-06-10, 09:42 AM
Nobody would play a 30/30 for 10
...Seriously?

Uh. Well, you certainly make bold assertions. And nothing in that post makes me feel any desire to change the post it replies to, so there we are.

Gandariel
2015-06-10, 09:46 AM
Well maybe I exaggerated a little, but the point stands.

Just being big isn't enough for a high cost card.

I agree with you that Deathwing's effect isn't completely (or even primarily) positive.
I just said, it's the only kind of effect you can have on such an expensive card (a BIG one)

I will add that really, there isn't much difference between a 15/15 and a 30/30

* assuming we are nor using gimmicks like giving them Charge or Taunt

Anxe
2015-06-10, 10:07 AM
I kind of agree. A 30/30 for 10 wouldn't be played much in the higher ranks. Too often its just going to die to a removal spell or get blocked by taunts every round while your opponent hits your face. The big cards like the giants are played in Handlock because Handlock makes them cheaper. And then gives them taunt. You can give the 30/30 taunt, but it's pretty hard to make it cheaper (Druid stuff or Thaurisan).

Frog Dragon
2015-06-10, 10:48 AM
That card would be relegated to a timmy card in constructed.

It doesn't matter if your 10 mana card has stats of Unicorns/Rainbows, in high-end constructed you cannot afford heavy legendaries that don't start doing work for you the moment they hit the board. There are too many ways for that to be a losing play, especially if it doesn't have taunt and doesn't immediately deal with any of the opponent's board. When something like Ysera can't gain a consistent spot in the meta due to this issue, you know it's something that actually really matters.

And it's vulnerable to silence, adding another vulnerability to a card that already occupies a more or less unworkable niche in constructed. An 8+ big guy with no immediate impact.

It's decent in arena though, but also won't be that big, and it's easy to make smaller.

The Glyphstone
2015-06-10, 03:20 PM
Curses. I'll win eventually...

CantigThimble
2015-06-10, 03:34 PM
So. The idea behind this card is really nice. When on really low hp, bring you back.
Paladin is also a good fit.
But why on earth would a Hospitaler be a 6/5?
i'm not saying it's OP or anything (it's strong, but not really problematic), but I don't really see why a healer card would be so strong (and geared towards attack). I also don't really like that it completely steps over poor Guardian of Kings (but that's not really a fault. You gotta step on somebody to stand out)

I'm not sure if you misread this here, the minion itself is a paladin, but it's neutral. (Like ancient mage) It isn't meant to be a 'healer' card, it's meant to be a 5 drop that can stabilize late-game. As a 5 drop it needed good stats and I though 5/6 might be a bit too good, and there's no reason for a paladin to be defensive as demonstrated by argent commander and scarlet crusader.

Gandariel
2015-06-10, 03:55 PM
@CantigThimble. Oh, sorry, i misread and thought your minion was a Paladin class minion.

Anyways, my point stands. A paladin can be offensive. A paladin that actively heals you, less so.
And i would argue that Scarlet Crusader and Argent commander have at least as much effective health as they have attack

UPDATE: I PM'd the winner and he hasn't responded yet. We'll wait some more and if he doesn't pop up until, say, Saturday, new challenge?

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-06-11, 09:15 PM
Oh! I guess the Zelda reference got there. Hooray!

This week, make a card that helps in a mirror match.

Anxe
2015-06-11, 09:51 PM
Fog Bank 2
Epic Hunter Secret
When one of your minions is attacked, give all your minions stealth until the end of your turn.

In Face Hunter mirror matchups the game is easily decided by who gets Unleash The Hounds first. Now Fog Bank restricts that play. Combine it with an Explosive Trap and everything is destroyed on your opponent's side and they can't even trade.

onasuma
2015-06-12, 03:27 AM
Lifeleech 3
Rare Priest Minion
Whenever a character would be healed, instead lifeleech gains +1/+2
3/3

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-06-12, 07:06 AM
Kidnapped Wisp (0)
Epic Priest Minion
This minion cannot be targeted by spells or hero powers. If your opponent takes control of a minion, they take control of this minion instead.
1/1
"Help! Help! Somebody save me!"

:smallbiggrin:

GolemsVoice
2015-06-12, 09:40 AM
Final Form!

After consulting with international experts, I have decided to make the following and final changes:

Lightslayer, (5)

Rare Priest Minion

Whenever an enemy minion is healed, deal 2 damage to its owner.

4/6

Wherever the Light goes, there goes the Shadow.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-06-12, 10:05 AM
Since this is my first card, I wasn't really sure about attack and health. Maybe 3 is too little?
Definitely. Piloted Shredder has 4/3, costs 1 less mana, and has a superior (imo) effect.

If you think about it, this only really results in direct damage to the Priest's face, since Earthen Ring Farseer is the only main minion that deals damage. It's also a bit ambiguous when it comes to spells; is the hero the source of the healing from a spell?

I'd make this cheaper and personally maybe change it to "when a minion is healed, deal X damage to its owner".

GAAD
2015-06-12, 10:37 AM
Rust Monster 3
Epic Warrior Beast
Battlecry: destroy your opponent's weapon and Armor. Gain 1 attack for each 3 points of Armor destroyed.
2/4

Jormengand
2015-06-12, 10:50 AM
Spelltheft 3
Epic Mage Spell
Secret: When your opponent casts a spell, get two copies.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-06-12, 11:19 AM
Thanks foor the feedback:

Also, if you want to make it even more anti-priest, give it 4 attack. Untouchable by Shadow Words or Shadow Madness. (Maybe 4/6? I don't feel like the ability merits a stat point drop below that.)

CantigThimble
2015-06-12, 03:48 PM
Shadow Dance-Instructor 4
Rogue Rare Minion
Whenever a minion is returned to your hand it costs 2 less.
3/5
The dance of shadows has many steps and she can teach you all of them.

This will take effect when vanish is played, affecting her and all other minions you had. If she gets sapped or brewed, she costs 2. If she gets shdowstepped she's free.

The Glyphstone
2015-06-12, 05:54 PM
Shieldbreaker
Rare Warrior Minion 4
3/3
Battlecry: Remove your opponent's Armor.

Gandariel
2015-06-12, 06:03 PM

Absolutely agree with CarpeGuitarrem: An anti-priest card *HAS* to have 4 attack.