Timberpack Howler 3
Hunter Rare Minion
Inspire: Summon a timber wolf.
2/3
Beast

Ding ding ding! Winner!

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-07-25, 01:49 PM
That's the sort of T3 drop you have to immediately answer or else lose the game to. Super scary, really.

CantigThimble
2015-07-25, 01:58 PM
I'm not so sure, it's nearly the same as Silver Hand Regent with one activation and hunters have one of the two hero powers that doesn't affect the board, so this is much weaker than the same effect given to Mage or Druid.

Kish
2015-07-25, 06:16 PM
It's a seriously neat idea. Saying it wins the game if not immediately addressed is an exaggeration, but it's certainly the kind of card an opponent wants to get off the board as quickly as possible. I can think of a lot of cool combos with it and other cards newly added and otherwise, too.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-07-26, 02:50 AM
The main thing I'm worried about is snowballing Timber Wolves for super damage to the face.

Kish
2015-07-26, 06:18 AM
Other than combining it with the "you can use your hero power any number of times per day" drake and the "your hero power costs 1" minion--which would take more than ten mana total--it can't summon more than one timber wolf a turn and can't snowball wolves unless the opposing player is letting lots of turns pass without killing it or even killing the wolves, so I don't really see what your objection is unless it comes to "that card is potentially worth using in some decks."

I don't think "any minion which the opponent actually wants to kill is overpowered" is a good rule of thumb.

Jormengand
2015-07-26, 06:21 AM
I guess it's just that it tacks the best hero power in the game, minus the backlash damage, and plays the card for you, oh and by the way it's always one of the best 1-drops in the game, that does it.

CantigThimble
2015-07-26, 09:45 AM
The only reason the hunter hero power is good is face hunter, I could be wrong but I don't think face hunter wants a 2/3 for 3 that doesn't have charge or something. I think it's as well balanced as I can make it without seeing how hero power boost cards work firsthand.

Hamste
2015-07-26, 09:55 AM
I guess it's just that it tacks the best hero power in the game, minus the backlash damage, and plays the card for you, oh and by the way it's always one of the best 1-drops in the game, that does it.

It is definitely not one of the best one drops in the game. Zombie chow, leper gnome and undertaker are all much better. The only thing timber wolf is really good for is combos with unleash the hounds. The card is strong but I wouldn't say it was over powered.

My entry
Murloc Mob 3 mana
Neutral Common Minion
Inspire: Summon another Murloc Mob.
1/2
Murloc

The card of course is designed to give Murloc players more bodies to work with. By itself it can be annoying if you are not able to clear but it really shines with other Murloc cards. I was considering making it 2 mana but that could cause it to snow ball too hard if your opponent can't answer. I'm still not sure. A 5/5 is ok for 5 and patron is a 3/3 but patron can activate as many times per round as you want. This is a 1/2 for 3 where ok is 3/3 so it loses only 3 stats compared to the patrons 4 but it also can be activated a lot less.

Jormengand
2015-07-26, 09:58 AM
No, by "Best hero power in the game" I mean Warlock's, which it tacks onto your power, only instead of drawing a random card from the deck and dealing 2 to your face, it draws a specific, good card, plays it, and doesn't deal anything to your face. It basically turns your hero power into some kind of mega-paladin-warlock thing on top of being hunter power.

CantigThimble
2015-07-26, 10:44 AM
So auchanai soulpriest is like drawing and playing a smite without damaging your face and it's a 3/5 for 4 which is a strong set of stats for the cost? Plus it synergies with other heals? You have a weird comparison with this warlock hero power thing, I don't think it's accurate, especially since timber wolf is hardly considered a strong card usually.

Jormengand
2015-07-26, 10:49 AM
So auchanai soulpriest is like drawing and playing a smite without damaging your face and it's a 3/5 for 4 which is a strong set of stats for the cost?

Auchenai Soulpreist and the sniper dude are both highly regarded cards because they allow you to use the double-mage hero power. So yes, it's a highly regarded card because it has a powerful effect, even though it screws you over in some other regards like the fact you can't heal any of your stuff. I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.

CantigThimble
2015-07-26, 11:03 AM
Okay, I think my card is strong but balanced. That's my point.

Gandariel
2015-07-26, 01:03 PM
Archmage Aegwynn 8
Legendary Mage Minion
Your hero power also freezes its target.
Inspire: Add an "Ice Lance" spell to your hand.
6/8

Hope i got the name right. wiki said it's some sort of ice mage.

Mechanical Clarification: the "Your hero power also freezes its target" part only applies if your hero power is Flame Blast (the basic hero power of Mage). Just like Steamwheedle Sniper.

Now your Maiden of the lake/Coldarra Drake deck has a proper finisher!

More seriously, i believe this card to be , on its own, way worse than Rag or KT. With a deck built around her, maybe...

Wayac
2015-07-26, 03:40 PM
Balance Druid 4
Rare Druid Minion
Inspire: Choose one - Gain an Innervate Card; or transform this minion into a Moonkin Druid.
2/4

Moonkin Druid 4
Rare Druid Minion
Spell Damage +1.
Inspire: Choose one - Gain a Moonfire Card; or transform this minion into a Balance Druid.
2/4

Note: Moonkin Druid is uncollectable.

Kish
2015-07-26, 04:01 PM
Does a damaged Balance Druid become a damaged Moonkin Druid and vice versa, or does Inspire also heal the card? Because by the description my thought is that since you're getting a new card the new card will always be 2/4, and yet I doubt you're looking for that. What about Mark of the Wild and other buffs, will a 4/6 Balance Druid with Taunt become a 4/6 Moonkin Druid with Taunt or a 2/4 Moonkin Druid with no taunt?

This card actually is overpowered, either way. Play it with a Coldarra Drake on the board, or play the Coldarra Drake with it on the board, or play both on the same turn when you already have a single Innervate card in your hand, and you can pump your stats to a height only limited by the turn timer, using each Innervate to pay for another use of hero power.

Frog Dragon
2015-07-26, 04:04 PM
Problem with this amazing wombo combo: That is a druid card. Coldarra Drake is a mage card.

Kish
2015-07-26, 04:08 PM
Is it? If Coldarra Drake is class-restricted, never mind. I don't mind the opponent auto-losing if a mage gets a Balance Druid from an Unstable Portal, since that can't be planned for.

Questions about constant stats remain.

Wayac
2015-07-26, 04:16 PM
Does a damaged Balance Druid become a damaged Moonkin Druid and vice versa, or does Inspire also heal the card? Because by the description my thought is that since you're getting a new card the new card will always be 2/4, and yet I doubt you're looking for that. What about Mark of the Wild and other buffs, will a 4/6 Balance Druid with Taunt become a 4/6 Moonkin Druid with Taunt or a 2/4 Moonkin Druid with no taunt?

From what I understand, transforming means turn it into a card with its base stats. So if Balance druid is a full health 2/4 or an almost dead 2/1 it'll turn into a 2/4 Moonkin Druid. Likewise, if you've cast Mark of the Wild on Balance Druid so it's 4/6, it'll still transform into a 2/4 Moonkin Druid with no taunt.

The Glyphstone
2015-07-26, 06:53 PM
Okay, let's go with a first-draft for critical review.

Legion Vanguard
Epic Warlock Minion - Demon
4 Mana
Inspire: Deal 1 damage to all non-Demon characters.
3/5

Yes, Gul'dan is a non-Demon, so unless you have played JARAXXUS, you'll hit both yourself and the enemy hero in addition to any non-Demon minions in play. I think this suits the double-edged sword mechanic of Warlock cards in general, and helps trade off against what would otherwise be an endless supply of miniature Demonwraths.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-07-27, 02:38 PM
Dueling Mechaniozoid
3 Mana, Mech
3/3
Your opponent's Hero Power costs +1 Mana.
Inspire: Your opponent cannot spend mana next turn until they use their Hero Power.

"Man, goblins rig the game even when they play fair. How'd they manage 'that'?"

Note: The Inspire lingers even if the card is killed. The +1 mana cost however dies with the creature, so if your opponent trades for it, they can use their hero power at normal cost.

Anxe
2015-07-27, 03:13 PM
Dueling Mechaniozoid
3 Mana, Mech
3/3
Inspire: Your opponent cannot spend mana next turn until they use their Hero Power.

Note: The Inspire lingers even if the card is killed. The +1 mana cost however dies with the creature, so if your opponent trades for it, they can use their hero power at normal cost.

Pretty freaking good against Rogues. "You've got a Poisoned Assassin's Blade? Wave it goodbye."

But in that case it's not significantly stronger than Acidic Swamp Ooze.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-07-27, 03:39 PM
Pretty freaking good against Rogues. "You've got a Poisoned Assassin's Blade? Wave it goodbye."

But in that case it's not significantly stronger than Acidic Swamp Ooze.
Entertainingly, Rogues should be able to kill this minion without too much trouble, especially given that Backstab costs (0).

Jormengand
2015-07-27, 04:18 PM
Entertainingly, Rogues should be able to kill this minion without too much trouble, especially given that Backstab costs (0).

That's why you kill their kobolds first, silly. :smalltongue:

Though if you have a poisoned buttbuttin's blade, why you'd not attack the damned thing is beyond me.

Gandariel
2015-07-27, 04:47 PM
it's still an one-time effect, not an Aura. The effect still applies (for the turn) if you kill the goblin.

Also, the ability might be a tad too strong. And generally against the spirit of the game.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-07-27, 05:56 PM
While I am concerned about cheesing it out early for oppressive lockdown, the general role/purpose of the card is akin to Sap, where you're trading raw card efficiency (because you can do 'way' better than a 3/3 for 5 in a 5 drop), for tempo swings.

Though killing it does prevent you from paying extra for your hero power, so there is an incentive to kill it beforehand. If the enemy wanted to/is okay with hero powering during their turn anyway, then the 'value' of this effect goes way down.

Can function as a pseudo-loatheb in some cases, though.

Anxe
2015-07-28, 12:59 AM
While I am concerned about cheesing it out early for oppressive lockdown, the general role/purpose of the card is akin to Sap, where you're trading raw card efficiency (because you can do 'way' better than a 3/3 for 5 in a 5 drop), for tempo swings.

Though killing it does prevent you from paying extra for your hero power, so there is an incentive to kill it beforehand. If the enemy wanted to/is okay with hero powering during their turn anyway, then the 'value' of this effect goes way down.

Can function as a pseudo-loatheb in some cases, though.

You could add on ye olde Magic the Gathering effect of costing more and having a Battlecry of giving you mana. That prevents the early lockdown.

onasuma
2015-07-30, 06:02 AM
Judging time!

Jormengand!

Silver Hand Legionnaire 5
Rare paladin minion
Inspire: get Divine Shield.
5/3

I always liked Cobalt Guardian and was kinda sad it was basically unusable. To me this it the logical comparison here. 7 for a 5/3 divine shield and a guy seems a little high, but I suppose it balances out if you can keep him about for a few turns. Gonna be one of the few you never play on curve though.

Anxe!

Righteous Paladin 2
Common Paladin Minion
Inspire: Gain +1/+1 for every Silver Hand Recruit you control.
1/1
Not quite sure where I stand on this. I mean, sure, its cool, but its only ever, really, going to be used from a winning position, otherwise its at best an overcosted Murloc Tidehunter. The combo of "three dudes", Paladin, "button" is alright, but for 7 mana, I could drop boom and not use so many cards. Yeah, I know, legend to common comparisons arent great, but there we go. Probably, this should have cost 1.

Frog Dragon!

Mercenary Warlock 4
Rare Neutral Minion
Inspire: Draw a card and deal 2 damage to this minion.
2/6
I like the flavour of this a lot. The problem is that it wants to be in handlock and handlock has its 4 drops nailed down. If it isnt twilight drake or mountain giant in that slot it isnt going to get played, and thats a shame. 3/7 and costing 5 and Id run two.

CarpeGuitarrem!

Forbidden Summoning Circle (4)
Rare Priest Minion
Spell Damage +1
Inspire: Summon a Blood Imp
0/6
I dont see why Id run this. It gives Priest an okay warlock specific card which is then going to rapidly flood their board with bodies that dont want to use. 0/6 and some buff from the imps is okay to combo out with inner fire (but that said, what isnt?) but lightwell and lightwarden do this better. Problem is, I still like the idea. A reflavour and spamming out lightwardens and you've got a solid priest card.

GAAD!

Lumber Golem 4
Rare Neutral Minion
Inspire: Your opponent draws a card.
5/5

Mill is best meta chainsaw OP plz nerf

I dont play this game with any of you, so I feel its important to say I love mill. Mill is the most satisfying win you'll ever get and I highly encourage you all to play it. The problem is that this card wants to therefore go into a druid or rogue deck - i.e. the two classes with the least to gain from using their mana on hero power turn after turn. Because of this, you cant really use it in a mill deck, at least not every effectively, so use it more regularly in other classes as a beefy body. Its a clever limitation on it, I like it.

Thirsting!

Rock Throwing Contest 2
Rare Warrior Spell
ALL minions gain "Can't Attack. Inspire: Deal 1 damage to a random enemy."

Who ever came up with this dumb idea should be stoned.
Clever idea, but I just dont think it works. You play this on a board where you have nothing and your opponent has a few beefy creatures and you've effectively shut them out of the game. Maybe that's the intention, but if so its not fun for your opponent.

Misothene!

Noggrin Onetooth (http://wowwiki.wikia.com/Noggrin_Onetooth) 4
Legendary Neutral Minion
Spell Damage +1
Inspire- gain an additional Spell Damage +1.
3/5
He CAN take candle.
Solid stats and good ability. Id certainly run him in my rampy druid in place of one of my drakes, almost definitely in mage (if I had one). The question becomes how many times does the power need to go off before it beats drake. Probably twice and then a spell really to make your money back, but its so close that I figure the times when it really goes off are going to make up for it.

CantifThimble!

Timberpack Howler 3
Hunter Rare Minion
Inspire: Summon a timber wolf.
2/3
Beast
This is a nice card and fits the balance of a more midrange hunter that this expansion seems to want to push. If you try to run it in facehunter, its taking up a slot of either Animal companion (nope), Arcane Golem (nope), Eaglehorn bow (nope) or Wolfrider (mayybe), so space isnt going to be made. If you play it in a slightly slower deck, you'll have more room to fit it in and combo out a "Howler, hounds, hero power" or similar moves. Solid card, not as overpowering as some seem to think though.

Hamste!

Murloc Mob 3 mana
Neutral Common Minion
Inspire: Summon another Murloc Mob.
1/2
Murloc
You'd have to put this at 2 mana to make it usable and even then its hard to snowball super hard. As it stands, its a 1/2 on turn 3 (unplayable) or two 1/2's on turn 5 (unplayable). Yeah, it combos out alright if you can garrison commander or similar to flood the board, but honestly, you'd probably be better with two tidehunters. Nice idea, but the pieces arent there to make this viable, at least not in the same slot a murloc deck is going to be running juggler.

Gandariel!

Archmage Aegwynn 8
Legendary Mage Minion
Your hero power also freezes its target.
Inspire: Add an "Ice Lance" spell to your hand.
6/8
Love it. Honestly, one of the coolest cards here. It might be a little bit too tough, but really I think that's because it dodges BGH. Its almost worth saving your coin for turn 10 for the Mage, ping, lance combo. I think it'd be almost as solid without the inspire (I really like freeze) but probably too slow to freeze down things when you're trying to stall out for the late game. I hope there'd be a nice changed animation for the blast as well. That'd be cool.

Wayac!

Balance Druid 4
Rare Druid Minion
Inspire: Choose one - Gain an Innervate Card; or transform this minion into a Moonkin Druid.
2/4

Moonkin Druid 4
Rare Druid Minion
Spell Damage +1.
Inspire: Choose one - Gain a Moonfire Card; or transform this minion into a Balance Druid.
2/4
Another card that suffers heavily from the "4 drop" problem. The real power this one has is hero power every turn, letting you stay on curve while triggering inspire. Used like that, its pretty strong. Actually its pretty good for storing up mana between turns to ramp out something fast... I think its weakness actually, is the fact it isnt a 2/4, for 3 that says "Inspire: Gain an innervate card". The rest of it is okay, but that would make it simpler and, to my mind, far more playable.

Glyphstone!

Legion Vanguard
Epic Warlock Minion - Demon
4 Mana
Inspire: Deal 1 damage to all non-Demon characters.
3/5
Anti-rush tech is always going to sit well with me. Does the job of an infernal a bit more reliably and a bit more one sidedly if you play the right sort of deck. I like it, its solid stats and viable in a lot of decks. Could probably take the slot of a hellfire in a few warlock decks.

Epinephrine_Syn!

Dueling Mechaniozoid
3 Mana, Mech
3/3

Sorry, I hate this. Forcing your opponent into playing a certain way because they have options and one is "the best" is cool, forcing your opponent to play a certain way because they have 0 other choices is not.

Winner?
Top 3: CantifThimble, Glyphstone, Gandariel!
Actual Winner!
Gandariel!

Gandariel
2015-07-30, 07:56 AM
Oh yeah baby!

Well, since today is the 30th, and 30 is 2*3*5...

Create a card that contains the numbers 2, 3 and 5.

Clarification: The numbers can be anywhere (cost, stats, in the text)
You have to use all three at least once. You can also use other numbers, of course

As usual, my stlye of judging:
-Less is more.
-Don't complicate
-The question i ask myself when judging is "would i be happy to see this in the game? would it fit well within Hearthstone?"

Frog Dragon
2015-07-30, 08:18 AM
Scourge General 7
Common Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Summon two 2/3 Skeleton Warriors with Taunt.
3/5

Skeleton Warrior 2
Uncollectable Neutral Minion
Taunt.
2/3

http://i.imgur.com/gKcjfYq.png
http://i.imgur.com/2YKH7e9.png

Even immortal lich kings need to delegate sometimes.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-07-30, 08:25 AM
Oh yeah baby!

Super-cool card.

:smallwink:

Hmmmmmm I'm going to make things harder for myself and only use 2, 3, and 5, I think.

Crimson Banner (5)
Rare Warrior Weapon
When your hero kills a minion, draw a card.
3/2

(Hmm, revamping! Instead of an Aggro-enabler, it's focused more on board control and hitting things with face. But drops late enough that its ability isn't always the best.)

Gandariel
2015-07-30, 08:36 AM

In light of your compliment, you earned a free tip: Your card is way overcosted.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-07-30, 09:41 AM
In light of your compliment, you earned a free tip: Your card is way overcosted.
Yeah, my restriction is probably really silly, but I want to make it work anyhow. I guess the trick is finding a non-number buff that's worth 3 mana.

Orrrrrrr I could just add more numbers to the card. :smalltongue:

Jormengand
2015-07-30, 10:57 AM
Grand Widow Faerlina 6
Legendary Neutral Minion
Your hero has +3 attack.
2/5

The Glyphstone
2015-07-30, 11:37 AM
How much is Charge usually worth as a mana increase? I've got an idea but I don't want to undercost or overcost it.

Frog Dragon
2015-07-30, 11:44 AM
It depends, but usually it winds up costing 1 mana, in some cases slightly more. Stormwind Knight and Kor'Kron both have 3 mana bodies that cost 4 because they have charge. Argent Commander arguably pays 2 mana for charge (4/2 divine shield would likely cost 4), but that's because charge and divine shield synergize very well. Bluegill warrior also fits this pattern. 2/1 is 1 mana stats, but it costs 2 because it has charge.

The warrior card charge used to be 0 mana with no attack bonus, and "draw a card" generally tends to cost about 1 mana, and charge seems to be costed similarly.

So in general, charge costs 1 mana, but it's worth noting that attack-heavy stat distributions tend to be significantly better on charge creatures, and may thus warrant the card costing more.

Gandariel
2015-07-30, 11:46 AM
Well, Kor'kron elite and Stormwind Knight are both 3-mana bodies...

But then again, the value changes a lot. Reckless Rocketeer's body is worth 3 mana but the card costs six (that's just because you can't have a big burst damage swing for little mana).

The charge card costs 3 (although it used to cost 0 and not give any bonus)

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-07-30, 12:20 PM
Faceless Legionnaire (Shaman Card)
3 Mana, Overload (1)
2/5
Battlecry: Copy the text of a card in play.

This does not copy active buffs, such as blessing of kings or Rockbiter, nor does it copy battle cry granted buffs, such as Frostwolf Warlord, nor does it copy previous buffs granted by the effect, such as Lightwarden having 7/2 from previous heals. This will copy death rattles and continuous effects (Sylvanas, Frothing, Boom Bot, Emperor Tharussian).

Essentially, I'm not sure how worth it a faceless manipulator effect is without the stats change, but putting it on 3 mana certainly makes it more accessible.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-07-30, 02:16 PM
I'm assuming it would not copy Ancestral Spirit, however, since that's a buff added to the card.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-07-30, 06:37 PM
Yeah, basically. If it copies a Argent Commander, it'd gain Divine Shield and Charge, as those were both on the card, even if the Argent Commander were since Silenced and/or had the divine shield removed.

CantigThimble
2015-07-30, 07:01 PM
Cult Necromancer 5
Neutral Common Minion
Costs 1 less per minion that died this turn.
Battlecry: Summon 3 1/1 skeletons.
2/2

Okay, so this is potentially very strong for the cost but so far the pricing on the cards with this cost reduction has proven to be too high.

Hamste
2015-07-30, 07:55 PM
If the murloc was 2 mana then there is the risk of the opposing player losing if not answered after it is played turn 1 with coin something that was shown to be something blizzard really dislikes.

Anyways my entry in this one

Wisp Bot 2053 2 mana
Rare Neutral Minion
At the end of each turn summon a wisp to your opponent's side of the field.
3/5 Mech

Powered by 100% green wisp energy. Now if only we could figure out a way to make them stop escaping.

It is almost guaranteed to trade two for one but at the same time it is almost always guaranteed to give your opponent at least two wisps.

The Glyphstone
2015-07-30, 09:05 PM
Darkmoon Rabbit
Epic Neutral Minion 4
2/3
Charge
Destroy any minion damaged by this minion.
The count shall be three, three shall be the count. Not one, not two. Five is right out.

It's "kill target minion without Divine Shield and not protected by a Taunt", at one mana cheaper than Assassinate.

Gandariel
2015-07-31, 01:20 AM
Darkmoon Rabbit
Epic Neutral Minion 4
2/3
Charge
The count shall be three, three shall be the count. Not one, not two. Five is right out.

It's "kill target minion without Divine Shield and not protected by a Taunt", at one mana cheaper than Assassinate.

Ahem. Missing a five.

onasuma
2015-07-31, 04:40 AM
Spined Net 5
Epic Rogue Weapon
Return any minion damaged by spined net to its owners hand.
2/3

thirsting
2015-07-31, 05:04 AM
Ragtag Reinforcements 5
Rare Paladin Spell
Summon three random 2-Cost minions. Costs (3) more if there are any friendly minions in play.

You got to be kidding me.

Final draft. I hope

Jormengand
2015-07-31, 08:10 AM
Ahem. Missing a five.

Probably because it's right out. :smalltongue:

The Glyphstone
2015-07-31, 10:44 AM
Ahem. Missing a five.

The rules say anywhere. My five is in the Flavor text.:smallcool:

Gandariel
2015-07-31, 11:34 AM
The rules also say I pick the winner. :P

More seriously, fine, I'll give it a pass.

The Glyphstone
2015-07-31, 11:52 AM
I could make it just cost 5, but I wasn't sure if that was overpriced or not. That just makes it a weaker Assassinate, but then again it is a Neutral instead of Class specific, so that might be a fair balancing point...I'll have to think.

GAAD
2015-07-31, 12:59 PM
Zookeeper Tech 5
Rare Neutral Minion
Battlecry: If your opponent has 4 or more minions, deal 2 damage to all enemies.
3/3

@Glyphstone: Yeah, a neutral card shouldn't be MORE powerful than a class card. Making it 5 mana would be a worse Assassinate with the option of being able to be 2 damage to Face. Since it is literally Emperor Cobra with Charge, a Poison effect is probably as potent as a Divine Shield effect, and worth 2 mana.

The Glyphstone
2015-07-31, 02:13 PM
Zookeeper Tech 5
Rare Neutral Minion
Battlecry: If your opponent has 4 or more minions, deal 2 damage to all enemies.
3/3

@Glyphstone: Yeah, a neutral card shouldn't be MORE powerful than a class card. Making it 5 mana would be a worse Assassinate with the option of being able to be 2 damage to Face. Since it is literally Emperor Cobra with Charge, a Poison effect is probably as potent as a Divine Shield effect, and worth 2 mana.

Good enough, I'm convinced.

Darkmoon Rabbit
Epic Neutral Minion 5
2/3
Charge
"It's got big teeth!"

CantigThimble
2015-07-31, 02:28 PM
It seems like, for flavor reasons, lightbomb needs to be able to kill the rabbit.

Frog Dragon
2015-07-31, 03:26 PM
@Gaad

Your card seems severely underpowered. Your card has the same trigger and stats as MCT, but costs 2 more mana, and I'm not even convinced the effect is actually better. The closest equivalent card right now is Dark Iron Skulker, which costs the same amount of mana, has a slightly better body, but a way less restrictive condition on its AoE. Class cards are of course allowed to be better than neutral cards, but generally not by more than 1 mana value. This card would probably be just fine on 3 mana. The effect is difficult enough to trigger that it doesn't actually warrant a cost increase.

Wayac
2015-07-31, 05:40 PM
It seems like, for flavor reasons, lightbomb needs to be able to kill the rabbit.

This. So very this.

Ok, so for this entry I'm gonna go crazy and offer a new game mechanic.

Defias Marauder 3
Common Neutral Minion
Masked. Battlecry: Randomly set this minion's health to 2, 3 or 5.
4/2

Minions that have Masked hide their health from the enemy player. (<-- tooltip for Masked)

So for example, you summon this creature and your opponent doesn't know if it's a 4/2, a 4/3 or a 4/5. They can see a white dot where the health number should be, signifying the minion is at full health. If they do damage to the creature, it'll show a red dot to signify it's injured.

thirsting
2015-07-31, 06:27 PM
That... That is a really cool idea, Wayac. And it seems to me it's rather well balanced, in it's own RNG-y way. Could be a Roque card though.

The Glyphstone
2015-08-01, 10:54 AM

This. So very this.

You guys have an excellent point. Making it a 3/2, thus Lightbomb-able, wouldn't change the balance much either. At 2 health, it's more vulnerable to removal or 2-drops, but being a Charging Cobra means it will rarely stick around long enough to get removed. And it's also flavor-appropriate to be aggressive over defensive.

Revision 2:

Darkmoon Rabbit
Epic Neutral Minion 5
3/2
Charge
"It's got big teeth!"

Anxe
2015-08-03, 01:17 PM
Goblin Spy 5
Epic Neutral Minion
Your opponent's hand is revealed.
3/2

When it comes into play it says, "Giving you the 4-1-1!"

Gandariel
2015-08-04, 06:20 PM
Happy to see all of your participation.

I will post the JUDGERNAUT at the regular time, but I'm afraid I won't be able to write up the full 4-page wall-of-comments like I usually do. I don't have access to a computer and typing long things with my phone takes quite some time.

Gandariel
2015-08-06, 02:36 AM
So, as I mentioned, this will be quick and painless.

Thank you for all the entries, and congrats to all.

The winner of this week is Epinephrine_Syn : I knew you'd win pretty much instantly when I saw your card. Brilliant design and execution.

runner up is Jormengard: actually pretty interesting effect, but the card is too weak as of now. Two -Three extra stat points?

Jormengand
2015-08-06, 09:39 AM
runner up is Jormengard: actually pretty interesting effect, but the card is too weak as of now. Two -Three extra stat points?

Fair enough. I thought that the difference between "Charge" and "You are permanently in possession of a Fiery Win Axe for as long as this lives" was probably worth about 2.

Gandariel
2015-08-06, 10:28 AM
Thing is, Fiery Win Axe (and Harvest Golem, for example) become much less impressive as turns go by. So you bring two unimpressive things for a high mana cost, which is not really good enough.

Also, @everyone: I have a detailed comment for everyone's card, just PM me or just ask me here and I'll be happy to tell you my thoughts. I just can't do it now for everyone because with the multi quoting etc I can't really do it from my phone

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-08-06, 10:58 AM
I'm glad to win, and (unless that was the comment) would like to hear what your thoughts were. I can wait until you're off of a phone for that, though.

Anyway, as for the challenge I'm going to setÖ

Make a card that interacts with the keywords of the card(s) of your enemies.

Keledrath
2015-08-06, 11:06 AM
Caltrop Thrower (2)
Common neutral minion
Enemy minions with Charge take 1 damage when played and lose Charge
1/4

At least they aren't d4s

Murloc Trapper (3)
Common neutral minion
Battlecry: Freeze and deal 1 damage to all enemy murlocs
3/3

thirsting
2015-08-06, 11:21 AM
Gloom Imp (1)
Rare Warlock Demon
Battlecry: Enemy minions with Inspire, Deathrattle or Charge become Frozen with indecision and gloom.
1/1

Oh what's the point, no one probably even cares about these fluff texts anyway..

One-drop that is potentially useful even late in the match?

The Glyphstone
2015-08-06, 12:26 PM
The Curator (6)
Legendary Neutral Minion - Mech
Battlecries of enemy minions have no effect.
5/5
Silence in the library, please.

(I'd like to hear a review of the Rabbit as well - it was certainly nothing interesting or eye-catching, but hopefully at least balanced for its cost).

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-08-06, 12:32 PM
Shepherd of Souls (4)
Rare Warlock Minion
When an enemy Deathrattle activates, restore 3 Health to your hero.
4/4

onasuma
2015-08-06, 01:43 PM
Excommunicator 4
Rare Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Deal 1 damage to all minions with Divine Shield
3/5
Sorry, wrong God.

Gandariel
2015-08-06, 01:53 PM
@Epi
Well, the thing is, this obviously has to cost less than Faceless. And faceless is not OP or anything.
Ysera's effect is good, but it would be *significantly* worse without the huge body. (Because Ysera can usually stay alive enough to carry the game for you)

Anyways, 4 mana. 2/5, only works in the late game against huge dudes your opponent has played. Your effect (Rag, Ysera, whatever) is weaker than your opponent's and easier to remove... 3+1 feels really really perfect as pricing. The thing that keeps it from being OP is (just like Faceless) you only get the same thing as your opponent, and a weaker version as well.

@Glyph: well, you said it. It's definitely balanced, I wouldn't be surprised to see this card in the game some day. It really had no faults, other than not being overly innovative. It's definitely a strong contender, but (In my opinion) the winner was just on another level.

Frog Dragon
2015-08-06, 04:48 PM
@Gand: Can I also have that detailed card review?

Jormengand
2015-08-06, 05:25 PM
Lady Blaumeux 4
Legendary Neutral Minion
Whenever an enemy Deathrattle activates, copy it.
1/7

Anxe
2015-08-07, 12:28 AM
Battering Ram 5
Epic Warrior Minion
Battlecry: Gain +2/+2 for every Taunt minion your opponent has.
Charge
4/4

"We're coming through!"

Wayac
2015-08-07, 05:43 AM
Soul Devourer 4
Epic Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Silence all enemy minions with Deathrattle
Deathrattle: Summon a creature that has a cost equal to the number of Deathrattles consumed
3/4

Anxe
2015-08-07, 08:26 AM
We went different ways with it, no worries!

GAAD
2015-08-07, 03:58 PM
Nerubian Priest 2
Minions with Deathrattle cost (2) more.
1/4

Yeah, sure, it's not THAT imaginative but I think we sorely need something that hard counters Shredder.

CantigThimble
2015-08-09, 04:25 PM
Soul Artisan 5
Epic Neutral Minion
Battlecry: For each enemy Battlecry add a wisp with that Battlecry to your hand.
3/2

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-08-11, 03:21 AM
I'll be going over the entries relatively shortly. Giving out a post now to warn about that, overall.

Gandariel
2015-08-11, 03:50 AM
My post was cancelled by the edit thing.

Anyways, my card:
Battering ram 4
Epic Neutral Minion
Immune while Attacking a minion with Taunt
5/4

I ended up making this a 5/4 (first draft was 5/3) because I decided the effect is not *that* strong.
It has to stick on the board, and there needs to be a taunt on the board next turn for it to work. Your opponent can just trade his taunt or something and basically make the ability irrelevant. Other than, you know, just not having a Taunt.

It is not a mech because I don't want to push it too far in terms of power.

As a 5/3 i felt it was a mediocre card, that nobody would ever consider in constructed.
As a 5/4, it looks like a really good Arena card, which *might*, just might find a place in a constructed deck.

Frog Dragon
2015-08-13, 03:20 AM
Gladiator's Pike 3
Rare Warrior Weapon
At the end of your turn, deal 1 damage to all enemy minions with Charge.
2/3

http://i.imgur.com/fDhAmZa.png

thirsting
2015-08-14, 10:52 AM
Judge usss.. judge uuusss..! Judge us harder

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-08-14, 09:33 PM
Alright, reviewing concepts, and they all look pretty good at minimum.

Caltrop Thrower (2)
Common neutral minion
Enemy minions with Charge take 1 damage when played and lose Charge
1/4

At least they aren't d4s

A 2 drop that counters charge cards, but generally can be beaten by most other cards that don't utilize charge. Works as a counter card specifically.

Gloom Imp (1)
Rare Warlock Demon
Battlecry: Enemy minions with Inspire, Deathrattle or Charge become Frozen with indecision and gloom.
1/1

Oh what's the point, no one probably even cares about these fluff texts anyway..

Don't feel bad little imp, I care about your fluff text. Anyway, kind of like a situationally stronger frost nova, but weaker otherwise. Actually similar to a Spare Part.

The Curator (6)
Legendary Neutral Minion - Mech
Battlecries of enemy minions have no effect.
5/5
Silence in the library, please.

So much for your tech BGH. The card needs to delay the enemy significantly to measure up against sylvanas and tharuissan but sometimes it can 'do' that.

Excommunicator 4
Rare Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Deal 1 damage to all minions with Divine Shield
3/5
Sorry, wrong God.

Interesting effect, though I'd always feel awkward using this, because any case you'd want to play this, Blood Knight is significantly outclassing it.

Lady Blaumeux 4
Legendary Neutral Minion
Whenever an enemy Deathrattle activates, copy it.
1/7

It's simple just by flipping the way that a card works onto the enemies side of the table, but I like the way that it both counteracts a lot of enemy cards.

Battering Ram 5
Epic Warrior Minion
Battlecry: Gain +2/+2 for every Taunt minion your opponent has.
Charge
4/4

"We're coming through!"

Reminds me of a lot of the 'taunt' cards that warrior is working with. Admittedly this one is pretty powerful, given that Claw Druid can be a 4/4 with charge, and if the enemy has even 1 taunt this is a 6/6 with charge for 5.

Soul Devourer 4
Epic Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Silence all enemy minions with Deathrattle
Deathrattle: Summon a creature that has a cost equal to the number of Deathrattles consumed
3/4

The upside of 'targeted silences' is that it's easier to add them than blanket silences. This might be the new piloted shredder though, as a large portion of your silence targets are death rattles anyway.

Nerubian Priest 2
Minions with Deathrattle cost (2) more.
1/4

This could work as a whole new line, where "cards with x cost 2 more". The major issue is that like the other card, the delay isn't usually vital enough. If death rattle makes a comeback though, that's a different story.

Soul Artisan 5
Epic Neutral Minion
Battlecry: For each enemy Battlecry add a wisp with that Battlecry to your hand.
3/2

That'sÖ interesting. Highly depends on the values of enemy battlecries.

Battering ram 4
Epic Neutral Minion
Immune while Attacking a minion with Taunt
5/4
SImilar concept and name to above, but despite outclassing another card, isn't overpowered, I think at all. Basiacally just a +HP buff equal to the Atk of why you get a shot off on.

Gladiator's Pike 3
Rare Warrior Weapon
At the end of your turn, deal 1 damage to all enemy minions with Charge.
2/3

http://i.imgur.com/fDhAmZa.png

This isÖ a conundrum. On the one hand that is a powerful effect for the enemy to have no way to remove. On the other hand, most of the time against charge, it trades, it's a OTK, or the enemy doesn't care about it surviving especially hard.

Overall, I'd have to say, first place goes toÖ

Soul Artisan, with the runner ups being Lady Blaumeux

CantigThimble
2015-08-15, 09:19 AM
So, after iron juggernaut now we have this:
http://media-hearth.cursecdn.com/avatars/250/467/635751622360772304.png

So... if we got an expansion/adventure based around this mechanic what kind of cards would we get? Or in other words: Make a card based on putting cards into player's decks or interacting in that way.

Edit: and just to be sure, cards you add to your opponents deck have to replace themselves, otherwise it's offensive resource destruction which hearthstone does not allow.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-08-15, 01:09 PM
Missed my Shepherd of Souls from the other page :smalltongue: (not that it was a great card).

Chaos Storm (1)
Epic Shaman Spell
Overload (1). Your hero power also shuffles an Elemental Spark into your opponent's deck.

Elemental Spark (0)
When you draw this, it explodes and deals 1 damage to you for each Elemental Spark played so far (including this one). Draw a card.

Note: if you play a second copy of this card, your hero power will in fact add two Elemental Sparks to your opponent's deck.

The Glyphstone
2015-08-15, 03:43 PM
Dynamite Juggler
Rare Neutral Minion 3
Battlecry: Deal 4 damage to a random target. Shuffle a Dynamite Juggler into your opponent's deck.
4/4
"Catch!"

Is that legit? It doesn't replace itself via an extra draw because it actually adds a useable card to their deck. And yes, he can bobble his throw and dynamite himself as he enters play, unless you have a Stormwind Champion out or something.

I wanted something that embodied serious RNG, since otherwise the 'put cards into a deck' mechanic is somewhat bland in that they are always tempo-negative, and what better than a goblin juggling dynamite? He's a value body at 4/4 for 3, with two potential drawbacks. First, he can blast his owner in the face for 4, which is almost as bad as Pit Lord (who gets a 5/6 body out of the deal), or nuke one of your other minions. Second, he puts a Dynamite Juggler into your enemy's deck, who is identical and gives them the exact same choice/risk when they eventually draw it.

Frog Dragon
2015-08-15, 03:58 PM
Well, by the play order battlecries work with, he could not bomb himself. Same reason you never see Mad Bomber bomb himself. Battlecries occur before the creature hits the board.

The Glyphstone
2015-08-15, 07:41 PM
Well, by the play order battlecries work with, he could not bomb himself. Same reason you never see Mad Bomber bomb himself. Battlecries occur before the creature hits the board.

Mad Bomber never hits himself because his Battlecry specifies 'all other characters', but you're still right in a general sense. So I guess I can remove that bit, since it is impossible anyways.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-08-15, 07:49 PM
Missed my Shepherd of Souls from the other page :smalltongue: (not that it was a great card).

Oh, whoops, that's my bad, yeah. :smallredface:

AnywayÖ I'll see if I can make up a card soon. I don't wanna rush myself and make something bad.

Gandariel
2015-08-15, 07:56 PM
Lifelinked drake 4
Rare Priest Minion
Inspire: shuffle a Breath of Life in your deck.
3/6
Dragon

Breath of Life 0
When you draw this, restore 2 Health to all friendly characters. Draw a card.

So.
Dragon Priest is apparently a thing, and this sounded like a good fit.

Dragon decks always had the problem with there being not enough good dragons, and this fits. Four mana 3/6 with an upside isn't unheard of, and the ability feels cool and thematic (to me, at least)

I think my only problem with the card is that it's kind of low-impact... but frankly, between the "shuffle thing in deck" theme and Inspire, you can't really have that flashy of an effect.

onasuma
2015-08-16, 03:56 AM
Thirsty roots 3
Rare Druid Spell
Shuffle 3 taproots into each deck.

Taproot 0
Uncollectible Druid Spell
When you draw this, it shrivels up and you draw 2 cards

It's hard being a mill Druid when you have to compete with gang up on a cold light. This hopefully gives you a similar, but not identical effect.

thirsting
2015-08-16, 05:07 PM
Refocus 1
Common Mage Spell
Shuffle your hand into your deck, then draw cards until you have as many again.

"Brain bleach kthx nao"

Notice that this counts itself, so if you had 3 cards plus this, you draw 4 cards. Bugfix: no it doesn't. Does not shuffle itself to the deck either. Potential combos include, if already on board: Mana Wyrm, Flamewaker, Gadgetzan Auctioneer, Chromaggus!

Anxe
2015-08-16, 05:25 PM
Mirror Giant 4
Epic Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Shuffle a Mirror Golem into your opponent's deck
8/8

Mirror Golem 0
Uncollectable Minion
When you draw this card, draw another card.
8/8

GAAD
2015-08-18, 01:37 AM
Murphy 5
Legendary Priest Minion
Battlecry: add a random minion to each player's deck. If yours costs more, add it to your hand.
5/5

Noxious, eat your heart out.

Gandariel
2015-08-18, 02:46 AM
Notice that this counts itself, so if you had 3 cards plus this, you draw 4 cards.

You sure? Divine Favor doesn't count itself. I think you either need to accept the nerf or add "+1 card" somewhere.

Maybe say that you shuffle the spell as well?

thirsting
2015-08-18, 08:54 AM
You sure? --

Never!

Argh, nerf then. No need to touch the card text itself though.. easy fix.

Jormengand
2015-08-18, 09:02 AM
Scrying 2
Rare Shaman Spell
Look at the top 5 cards of your deck. For each one, choose whether to put it back on the top or the bottom. Draw a card.

This would work just like the mulligan at the beginning of the game, only the ones you accept go top and the others on bottom (in a random order).

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-08-18, 10:43 AM
I feel like it's worth pointing out that Scrying would be much, much more powerful than Tracking, which is the only similar effect I can think of.

Anxe
2015-08-18, 01:30 PM
I feel like it's worth pointing out that Scrying would be much, much more powerful than Tracking, which is the only similar effect I can think of.

Different class, different effect? Compare it to Farsight.

Gandariel
2015-08-18, 02:17 PM
Far Sight is a terrible comparison.

Tracking is a great comparison, and yes, Scrying is much better than Tracking. But it is from another class and it does cost one more mana. i won't say anything else.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-08-18, 07:45 PM
Brooding Consort: 4 Mana
2/6
Battlecry: Add 2 Brood Affliction cards to your opponent's hand.
Inspire: Add 1 Brood Affliction card to your opponent's hand and 2 to their deck.

(The brood afflictions, when drawn, draw another card as well. 'Chromagus' is replaced with 'your opponent'. Red and green proc once on draw, if the draw is the "start of turn draw", but not otherwise.)

Here we go, actually telling how much this is worth is really hard, but I think it generally hits a nice spot, and is flavorful.

For those who don't know, Brood Affliction as the Blackrock Mountain Chromagus Fight (http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Chromaggus_(boss)).

Gandariel
2015-08-19, 02:27 AM
Normal or Heroic?

Wayac
2015-08-19, 04:44 AM
Miller's Apprentice 4
Rare Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Shuffle 3 Tracking cards into your opponent's deck.
Inspire: Shuffle a copy of Miller's Apprentice into your deck.
2/4

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-08-19, 07:32 AM
That pun kills me. :smalltongue:

Frog Dragon
2015-08-21, 02:42 PM
Blood Prince 3
Rare Rogue Minion
Whenever this minion attacks, shuffle two Blood Essences into your deck.
3/4

Blood Essence 0
Uncollectible Rogue Spell
Restore 2 health to your hero. Draw a card.

http://i.imgur.com/4Wh12JK.png

http://i.imgur.com/q03tcii.png

Lea Plath
2015-08-21, 03:51 PM
Purge Impostors
Rare Paladin Secret
Secret: If you would draw a card your opponent shuffled into your deck, you get the effect.

Now we have secrets that trigger at the start of your turn, I feel this is viable. It basically means if you draw Iron Mine, they take 10 not you, same for Ambush and similar cards

CantigThimble
2015-08-21, 05:36 PM
Unstable Totem is also offensive resource destruction.

I'll Judge everything tomorrow.

Gandariel
2015-08-22, 01:40 AM
Purge Impostors
Rare Paladin Secret
Secret: If you would draw a card your opponent shuffled into your deck, you get the effect.

Now we have secrets that trigger at the start of your turn, I feel this is viable. It basically means if you draw Iron Mine, they take 10 not you, same for Ambush and similar cards

The effect of the mine is "you take 10 damage. draw a card". I think you might wanna rephrase your card.

Also, secrets don't activate on your turn, when you'd most likely draw the card.

Jormengand
2015-08-22, 03:42 AM
I think it's meant to say:

"When you draw a card your opponent shuffled into your deck, they get the effect (You still draw the card)"

Or something to that effect.

onasuma
2015-08-22, 03:43 AM
One of the TGT secrets activates in your turn

CantigThimble
2015-08-23, 12:20 AM
CarpeGuitarrem - Chaos Storm
Chaos Storm (1)
Epic Shaman Spell
Overload (1). Your hero power also shuffles an Elemental Spark into your opponent's deck.

Elemental Spark (0)
When you draw this, it explodes and deals 1 damage to you for each Elemental Spark played so far (including this one). Draw a card.

This seems very strong, an alternate win condition that comes at very little cost. On the other hand its 2 mana that isnít doing anything except face damage. Seems like a control win condition, but it seems like this is really made to fit into the whole new world of shamans coming out monday, so itís hard to judge effectiveness. It IS cool though.

The Glyphstone - Dynamite Juggler
Dynamite Juggler 3
Rare Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Deal 4 damage to a random target. Shuffle a Dynamite Juggler into your opponent's deck.
4/4

Seems fine to add a viable card, although this is probably quite sting as a 3 mana 4/4 will often not be particularly relevant once itís drawn again. I think this is a powerful card with some nice flavor to it.

Gandariel - Lifelinked Drake
Lifelinked Drake 4
Rare Priest Minion
Inspire: shuffle a Breath of Life in your deck.
3/6
Dragon

Breath of Life 0
When you draw this, restore 2 Health to all friendly characters. Draw a card.

This seems like quite a powerful card. Of course itís still hard to judge inspire before the set comes out. This does have the very major downside of being unable to play the best priest card in the game, Auchanai Soulpriest. This does seem to fit dragon priest well though, a bulky mid game body that rewards you for playing other bulky minions. This could very well be playable just as a good dragon body, and would be an absolute windmill slam pick in arena. This is a sting card for a dragon priest with some subtle synergy, though I wonder about giving up soulpriest.

onasuma - Thirsty Roots
Thirsty roots 3
Rare Druid Spell
Shuffle 3 taproots into each deck.

Taproot 0
Uncollectible Druid Spell
When you draw this, it shrivels up and you draw 2 cards

This is a massive enabler for mill, mill rogue runs coldlight/gang up to do for 11 mana what this card does for 3. This is basically the same effect, but better because it mills your opponent more than you if they draw more cards than you. It might be too strong, but then again mill hasnít seen the light of day for quite a while now.

thirsting - Refocus
Refocus 1
Common Mage Spell
Shuffle your hand into your deck, then draw cards until you have as many again.

Hmm, I suppose this is usable with spare parts to get some card draw or as a way to keep the flamewalker train rolling. Since land arenít a thing this doesnít have nearly the power it would in mtg but it still seems reasonable here.

Anxe - Mirror Giant
Mirror Giant 4
Epic Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Shuffle a Mirror Golem into your opponent's deck
8/8

Mirror Golem 0
Uncollectable Minion
When you draw this card, draw another card.
8/8

Neat card! I think the massive tempo is worth the free giant for your opponent in the right deck.

GAAD - Murphy
Murphy 5
Legendary Priest Minion
Battlecry: add a random minion to each player's deck. If yours costs more, add it to your hand.
5/5

Thatís a fun card. Nice flavor too!

Jormengand - Scrying
Scrying 2
Rare Shaman Spell
Look at the top 5 cards of your deck. For each one, choose whether to put it back on the top or the bottom. Draw a card.

This card seems incredibly strong especially since shaman has the greatest combo potential but currently the lowest reliability. In addition, I donít like the idea of needing to worry about deck ordering.

Epinephrine_Syn - Brooding Consort
Brooting Consort 4
Neutral ??? Minion
Battlecry: Add 2 Brood Affliction cards to your opponent's hand.
Inspire: Add 1 Brood Affliction card to your opponent's hand and 2 to their deck.
2/6

Seems like an interesting idea but definitely too strong. The afflictions may be minor but this is quite a flood of them, and may of them take effect before they can be disposed of. On top of that this is a solid body, especially for an effect you want persisting like this.

Wayac - Millerís Apprentice
Miller's Apprentice 4
Rare Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Shuffle 3 Tracking cards into your opponent's deck.
Inspire: Shuffle a copy of Miller's Apprentice into your deck.
2/4

Well, this could singlehandedly power a mill deck with the right backup. Although it is even higher risk than normal mill as it lets them choose what gets destroyed rather than risking draws. Nice card!

Frog Dragon - Blood Prince
Blood Prince 3
Rare Rogue Minion
Whenever this minion attacks, shuffle two Blood Essences into your deck.
3/4

Blood Essence 0
Uncollectible Rogue Spell
Restore 2 health to your hero. Draw a card.

Seems like a pretty strong card but why rogue? I donít see much theme or flavor here.

Lea Plath - Purge Impostors
Purge Impostors 1
Rare Paladin Secret

A cool idea but I have completely no idea how to judge this.

I love the mirror giant! Anxe wins.

Gandariel
2015-08-23, 02:36 AM
So, while I mean no offense to either the winner or the judge, I feel the need to comment on this:

The winning card is way, way overpowered. The drawback is basically nonexistent.
Compare with Fel Reaver.
Fel reaver => you have a pretty high chance to lose the game if this stays for 3 turns. (And Fel reaver saw and still sees play)

This card => play it on turn 4, your opponent has 24ish cards in their deck. He has a 25% chance of ever drawing the card before turn 10.

This card could be balanced if the enemy giant was placed on top of your opponent's deck: (maybe with some mana cost changes): you still get to play your 8/8 first, and you play it when you either have removal (or sap/freeze) ready or you are gonna win with it anyways, because the opposing giant doesn't immediately answer yours)

Anyways, I don't mean any harm and I await Anxe ' s judging.

Also, quick comment on my card:
Yeah, Auchenai is terrible paired with this card. That is kind of intended.
Priest lists are pretty crowded, if you're gonna add 8 dragons you have to cut something. This is meant to substitute Auchenai.
Also yeah, it is strong, but not really more than Water Elemental I think

AgentPaper
2015-08-23, 02:51 AM
I don't know how you could miss the flavor of "Battlecry: Summon a Mirror Giant for your opponent."

Frog Dragon
2015-08-23, 08:30 AM
Re: Blood Prince Flavor

There were a bunch of reasons why rogue, many of them meta-related. I wanted to make a card that could help sustain a control rogue deck. As for the flavor, well it seems to me that cards that depict the undead are most often rogue cards, especially in these expansions. Blood Prince, if you look it up in WoWwiki, is a Darkfallen title, who in turn are undead blood elves, and basically the warcraft equivalent of vampires. Given the usual depictions of vampires, and the fact that Valeera is also a blood elf, I figured rogue was appropriate.

onasuma
2015-08-23, 09:30 AM
Re thirsty roots: not quite! One of the drawn cards just replaces the taproot, so there's only half as much draw. Likewise, you've got no control so you'll struggle to force discard with it till late game where its riskier to use at all

Anxe
2015-08-23, 12:17 PM
So, while I mean no offense to either the winner or the judge, I feel the need to comment on this:

The winning card is way, way overpowered. The drawback is basically nonexistent.
Compare with Fel Reaver.
Fel reaver => you have a pretty high chance to lose the game if this stays for 3 turns. (And Fel reaver saw and still sees play)

This card => play it on turn 4, your opponent has 24ish cards in their deck. He has a 25% chance of ever drawing the card before turn 10.

This card could be balanced if the enemy giant was placed on top of your opponent's deck: (maybe with some mana cost changes): you still get to play your 8/8 first, and you play it when you either have removal (or sap/freeze) ready or you are gonna win with it anyways, because the opposing giant doesn't immediately answer yours)

Anyways, I don't mean any harm and I await Anxe ' s judging.

Also, quick comment on my card:
Yeah, Auchenai is terrible paired with this card. That is kind of intended.
Priest lists are pretty crowded, if you're gonna add 8 dragons you have to cut something. This is meant to substitute Auchenai.
Also yeah, it is strong, but not really more than Water Elemental I think

Yeah the top of the deck might've been a better one. I didn't do "in hand" because that wasn't the theme for this contest. Crossed my mind though!

Next Contest theme is:

Come up with a card with a 0 in it's cost, text, or stats.

Jormengand
2015-08-23, 02:13 PM
Mindwave 0
Rare Mage Spell
Deal 0 damage to each enemy minion.

I've no idea whether or not it's good enough to actually run in SP-mage, but there we go. Hey, Maly-Mindwave is only 2 more than flamestrike, and you get +1 damage and a free scary dragon out of it.

Gandariel
2015-08-23, 02:16 PM
Dying spirit 0
Rare neutral minion
Battlecry: at the end of this turn, deal 4 damage to this minion
3/4

On summon: It's coming to get me!
On attack: ... did it miss me?
On death: I knew it!
(obvious reference to Doomsayer here)

It works just like you imagine: any buff (or divine shield) keeps him alive.
This plus hand of protection is like Innervate + Spider tank on turn one.
This plus Argent protector is, similarly, pretty powerful.
This plus Power Word: Shield is pretty strong too.
Your deck obviously needs a lot of buffs to even use it.
Probably only paladin (div. shield, Blessing of Kings, even Sword of Justice) and Priest (assorted Health buffs) can take advantage of this card well.

Shooting star 3
Rare neutral Minion
Battlecry: deal 3 damage to target minion.
3/0

Animal companion and Power of the Wild are examples of spells that summon a minion (and you can take advantage of the fact that you're actually casting a spell).
So why not a minion that casts a spell?

When you cast this, you deal your 3 damage, the minion comes in play and (unless you have Stormwind Champion or something) it dies instantly.

This has a lot of uses:
- you trigger all of your "when a minion comes into play" and "when a minion dies" triggers (like Knife Juggler or Cult Master)
- you dodge Counterspell and Spellbender (just like Animal Companion dodges Mirror Entity)
- incidentally, this counters Mirror Entity as well
- You can kill those pesky Faerie Dragons
- in some cases (Stormwind, Sword of Justice, or a weird Redemption) you can actually use the minion as well.

This card is over costed. This is on purpose, because this card is effectively a Neutral Spell, and it has to be weaker than class equivalents (Shadow Bolt, for example)

Anxe
2015-08-23, 02:24 PM
Question:

Would this card be acceptable?
Dying spirit 1
Rare neutral minion
Battlecry: at the end of this turn, deal 4 damage to this minion
4/4

It works just like you imagine: any buff (or divine shield) keeps him alive.
This plus hand of protection is one HP worse than innervate Yeti.

Nah, but I'm sure you can come up with a similar card that will work the same way.

Gandariel
2015-08-23, 02:26 PM
Yeah. Just did :P

The Glyphstone
2015-08-23, 02:55 PM
Blackrock Fortress Wall
Rare Neutral Minion 4
0/2
Battlecry: Gain +2/+2 for each friendly minion.
Taunt
Cannot Attack.

Vulnerable to hard removal and silences, and useless on the offense, but hard counters aggro effectively.

Frog Dragon
2015-08-23, 03:28 PM
How would that counter aggro? You generally don't have many early minions in play as a control-ish deck, and decks like zoo will actually actively kill your board, causing that to be a 0/2. Did you mean enemy minions?

Hamste
2015-08-23, 03:35 PM
How would that counter aggro? You generally don't have many early minions in play as a control-ish deck, and decks like zoo will actually actively kill your board, causing that to be a 0/2. Did you mean enemy minions?

Zoo isn't aggro. It is more for against hunter and rush paladin I expect. Speaking of zoo, that card might be used in zoo actually. They generally have a lot of minions on the board and this minion is pretty good value when your sticky minions stay around

The Glyphstone
2015-08-23, 05:14 PM
Zoo isn't aggro. It is more for against hunter and rush paladin I expect. Speaking of zoo, that card might be used in zoo actually. They generally have a lot of minions on the board and this minion is pretty good value when your sticky minions stay around

Exactly.

Though FD has somewhat of a point, I had half considered making it a +1/+1 for each minion on the board regardless of controller. Would that be better or worse?

Hamste
2015-08-23, 05:32 PM
A 3/5 and 5/4 with taunt are both cards that exist. Neither see play in constructed but they exist. To be a 3/5 with +1/+1 there would need to be 3 creatures on the board and at 4 it starts to get good but probably not good enough for constructed. So if a deck thinks it can consistently have 5 or more minions on the board at the turn this may be played (And there are a few decks that may be able to do this). Comparatively if a deck can have 2 (preferably 3) or more minions on your side of the board then the +2/+2 is great (There are definitely decks that can do this consistantly).

I would say the +2/+2 is stronger in constructed (To the point of being overpowered enough it might actually see play) but would be weaker in arena as it would be a win more card relying on you having a board and certain combo cards (like imp gang boss, implosion and muster for battle). Whether you think that is better or worse is really up to you.

AgentPaper
2015-08-23, 06:21 PM
Argent Recruiter 0
Epic Neutral Minion
Inspire: Summon a 1/1 Argent Recruit.
1/1

Edit: Changing to a different card (will post later)

Wayac
2015-08-23, 08:45 PM
Ancient of Life 10
Epic Druid Minion
Battlecry: Restore 10 health to each Hero.
6/10

The Glyphstone
2015-08-23, 10:10 PM
A 3/5 and 5/4 with taunt are both cards that exist. Neither see play in constructed but they exist. To be a 3/5 with +1/+1 there would need to be 3 creatures on the board and at 4 it starts to get good but probably not good enough for constructed. So if a deck thinks it can consistently have 5 or more minions on the board at the turn this may be played (And there are a few decks that may be able to do this). Comparatively if a deck can have 2 (preferably 3) or more minions on your side of the board then the +2/+2 is great (There are definitely decks that can do this consistantly).

I would say the +2/+2 is stronger in constructed (To the point of being overpowered enough it might actually see play) but would be weaker in arena as it would be a win more card relying on you having a board and certain combo cards (like imp gang boss, implosion and muster for battle). Whether you think that is better or worse is really up to you.

I'll keep my current draft then - there's enough 'only good in Arena' cards out there that a solid Constructed card is worth shooting for. Plus, I think it fits the implied flavor better as well - a wall doesn't get stronger when more enemies are in front of it, but it is more effective with more people defending it.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-08-24, 08:05 AM
Baleful Shrink (4)
Epic Priest Spell
Give a minion -3 Attack this turn, then destroy all minions with 0 Attack.

thirsting
2015-08-24, 05:07 PM
Warlock Gambler (2)
Rare Warlock Minion
Battlecry: Reveal a Spell in each deck. If yours costs more, this minion gains Health equal to it's mana cost.
3/0

"Always comprehend the proverbial fine print before accepting a pact
Always comprehend the proverbial fine print before accepting a pact
Always comprehend the proverbial fine pri... oh crud the Felguard are here"

Wayac
2015-08-25, 04:11 AM
Warlock Gambler (2)
Rare Warlock Minion
Battlecry: Reveal a Spell in each deck. If yours costs more, gain life equal to it's mana cost.
3/0

Is the life gain supposed to go to the minion or does it just die when played?

thirsting
2015-08-25, 06:02 AM

If you win the joust, the minion gains life equal to spell's mana cost and lives. If you lose, then it dies. Edit: Rephrased the card text. And again.

And by the way, that Ancient of Life of yours... there's 0 in 10, sure, but.. cheating! :smalltongue:

Gandariel
2015-08-25, 06:41 AM
Just say "gain Health equal to", like Twilight drake :)

Wayac
2015-08-25, 07:05 AM
And by the way, that Ancient of Life of yours... there's 0 in 10, sure, but.. cheating! :smalltongue:

It was the best way I could think of to get a 0 into all three parts. :smallredface:

Anxe
2015-08-25, 09:49 AM

I assumed it went to the minion, but it should probably say Health instead of Life for that.

And the 10 is acceptable... not my intention, but I'll take it.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-08-25, 08:38 PM
Pact Demon 5
Rare Warlock Minion
Battlecry: Your spells cost health instead of mana this turn.
3/4

- My idea started as, "your spells cost 0 this turn, but," but then inevitably just wound up dropping the 0 altogether for clarity. I could have just given it 0 attack and called it a night, but it's still a demon. It probably has teeth or whatever. :smalltongue:

Murloc Egg 0
Rare Neutral Minion
Deathrattle: summon a 2/1 Murloc.
0/1
Murloc

Tread lightly if you value your ankles.

cha0s4a11
2015-08-25, 10:53 PM
Coinroot (0)
Epic Druid Minion
At the end of your turn, gain a coin.
0/1

Money doesn't grow on trees. It's more of a shrubbery, really.

Updated to trigger at the end of the turn as opposed to the start of the turn (effectively guaranteeing a coin on the next turn).

AgentPaper
2015-08-25, 11:43 PM
Pandaren Diplomat 4
Neutral Rare Minion
Battlecry: Change all other minions' Attack to 0.
0/4

"Please, let there be no violence here. I believe this can be settled with words today."

GAAD
2015-08-26, 03:40 AM
Demolisher ON A STICK! 3
Rare Paladin Weapon
Inspire: Deal 2 damage to a random enemy
0/1

Only $19.95 plus shipping and handling. BUT WAIT! If you order right NOW, we'll also throw in a Steak on a Stake!

onasuma
2015-08-26, 07:09 AM
Jin'voi 6
Legendary Paladin Minion
Battlecry: swap attack with another minion.
0/6

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-08-26, 07:36 AM
Coinroot (0)
Epic Druid Minion
At the start of your turn, gain a coin.
0/1

Money doesn't grow on trees. It's more of a shrubbery, really.
This is surprisingly like a Wisp that I'd actually play.

AgentPaper
2015-08-27, 05:10 PM
Steadfast Jouster 2
Neutral Common Minion
Taunt
Battlecry: Reveal a minion in each deck. If yours costs more, gain +2 attack.
0/4

CantigThimble
2015-08-29, 03:49 AM
Time Control Tech 5
Neutral Epic Minion
When you play three 0 cost cards refill your mana.
4/5

So it would have a visual indicator of how many 0 mana cards you've played and when you play the third one if you have less than your starting mana for the turn it refills it.

Frog Dragon
2015-08-29, 04:36 AM
Timid Imp 1
Epic Warlock Minion
Stealth. Battlecries of demons do not activate.
0/2
Demon

http://i.imgur.com/p5VZOEm.png

Imping can be very stressful and he would like everyone to stop yelling.

The Glyphstone
2015-08-29, 04:48 AM
Time Control Tech 5
Neutral Epic Minion
4/5

So it would have a visual indicator of how many 0 mana cards you've played and when you play the third one if you have less than your starting mana for the turn it refills it.

Who would play this, though? Rogue has 3 in-class 0-mana cards that aren't awful. Warrior, Druid, and Hunter have 1 non-awful 0-mana card each. There are no non-awful neutral 0-mana cards, so the only class who could potentially make use of TCT without deliberately loading their deck with garbage is Rogue.

Gandariel
2015-08-29, 05:05 AM
Well, with Preparation the second spell is probably 0-cost as well.

Also, thaurissan / sorcerer's apprentice

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-08-29, 12:59 PM
Well, you could also make some kind of Hobgoblin/Wisp/Pint-sized Summoner/Mechwarper deck. Hearthstone isn't always what you'd call a, "competitive environment." :smalltongue:

CantigThimble
2015-08-30, 08:41 AM
Druid can also make excellent use of it if they run 2x Innervate and some combination of Moonfire, Wisp and Target Dummy. I think the real trick is getting enough card draw to have a playable hand after this thing. Originally I was trying to make it take another turn but that was just broken beyond belief no matter how I made it.

Frog Dragon
2015-08-30, 02:45 PM
Judgement time?

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-08-30, 03:16 PM
So here's the attempt of me (and a friend) at making something for the competition.

Mana Siphon
0 Mana Spell (Shaman)
Deal 0 damage to target character. Put a Coin into your hand.

Keledrath
2015-08-30, 03:22 PM
Mulligan (0)
Common Neutral Minion
Battlecry: discard your hand, then draw as many cards as you discarded
0/0

I swear, this is the first one!

Anxe
2015-08-31, 12:38 AM
Judgement Incoming

- - - Updated - - -

Shooting star 3
Rare neutral Minion
Battlecry: deal 3 damage to target minion.
3/0

I like the idea here of getting around things that spells wouldn't normally work on. It's cost right to not be too good. And to offset the loss of spell damage it can sometimes leave a body if its comboed with Sword of Justice or Stormwind Champ like you said. Nice job!
Blackrock Fortress Wall
Rare Neutral Minion 4
0/2
Battlecry: Gain +2/+2 for each friendly minion.
Taunt
Cannot Attack.

Simple. A defensive version of Frostwulf Warlord. I think this one's a little strong. You were concerned that +1/+1 would be too weak. +1/+2 probably would've made a good middleground. Still a cool idea though!
Ancient of Life 10
Epic Druid Minion
Battlecry: Restore 10 health to each Hero.
6/10

Immense stalling power and a gigantic body that's immune to BGH. Course it does cost 10, so what was I expecting? The effect is worth 2 or 3 and the body is worth 7, so the cost seems right. A little too simple for what I was looking for in the contest though.
Baleful Shrink (4)
Epic Priest Spell
Give a minion -3 Attack this turn, then destroy all minions with 0 Attack.

Pretty cool! Gives Priests another removal spell or a way to make stuff smaller to combo with Cabal Shadow Priest or Shadow Madness in the late game. The "all minions" part was a nice touch as well. Solid card.
Warlock Gambler (2)
Rare Warlock Minion
Battlecry: Reveal a Spell in each deck. If yours costs more, this minion gains Health equal to it's mana cost.
3/0

Making it a spell instead of minion was a good choice to avoid Molten Giant turning this thing into a 3/20 behemoth on turn 1 if someone gets the coin. It can still be a 3/8 which is like a 5 mana cost body. It will often be a 3/4 based on what Warlock's run and could just end up dead when you play it. The random effect is a good fit for what Hearthstone has. I like it!
Murloc Egg 0
Rare Neutral Minion
Deathrattle: summon a 2/1 Murloc.
0/1
Murloc

You never know with Murloc cards whether they'll be useful or not. This one seems good because its one of the few early Murloc cards that dodges destruction by a hero power. I'd try it in a Murloc deck for sure to see how good it is.
Coinroot (0)
Epic Druid Minion
At the end of your turn, gain a coin.
0/1

This one's cool. If it's out for two turns you get an Innervate. Plus they're actually extra spells to activate Gadgetzan if you're doing that. And an extra body to do stuff with. Good job!
Pandaren Diplomat 4
Neutral Rare Minion
Battlecry: Change all other minions' Attack to 0.
0/4

This is effectively a neutral board clear for only 4 mana. It's way too good in control decks and it's not even restricted to heroes that don't usually do a control playstyle. Seems too strong to me.
Demolisher ON A STICK! 3
Rare Paladin Weapon
Inspire: Deal 2 damage to a random enemy
0/1

Cool idea. If it came into the meta then Acidic Swamp Ooze and that Pirate dude might see more play. It's not a bad Inspire power considering the card gives you almost nothing else. That said, it might be a bit too strong in the current meta. Most decks won't have a good way to shut this card down and as you can still get recruits with it, it's stronger than the other transformed damage hero powers. That's just my perspective though.
Jin'voi 6
Legendary Paladin Minion
Battlecry: swap attack with another minion.
0/6

Devilish! And very fitting with Paladin's other reduction effects. Good one!
Time Control Tech 5
Neutral Epic Minion
4/5

Good for an epic card, but I'm struggling to see what deck this would fit in. It's need to be a deck with either Spare Parts and Thaurissan or a bunch of 0 mana cards, but ALSO a deck with a lot of cards it wanted to play on the same turn. Maybe Miracle Rogue or Miracle Druid? I'm sure there's some use for this card, but I'm not seeing it right now.
Timid Imp 1
Epic Warlock Minion
Stealth. Battlecries of demons do not activate.
0/2
Demon

Why wouldn't Demon decks run this? It's good enough that Sense Demons becomes viable. But Voidcaller is in the same boat. I might've kicked the cost up to 2, but it does seem to be fairly balanced with other demon cards.
Mana Siphon
0 Mana Spell (Shaman)
Deal 0 damage to target character. Put a Coin into your hand.

And I happen run a lot of spell damage in my shaman deck. FWAHAHAHAHA!
Mulligan (0)
Common Neutral Minion
Battlecry: discard your hand, then draw as many cards as you discarded
0/0

Pretty basic effect. I don't know why the current Hearthstone cards don't do something like this, but they should. Weird way to implement it though!

Gandariel's Shooting Star. I like the half neutral spell/half not spell thing you did. Cool!
thirsting's Warlock Gambler. I'm still thinking about a 3/20 on turn 1. It doesn't work that way, but I want it to. Nice one.
First place goes toooo...
CarpeGuitarrem and his Baleful Shrink!
It's a well thought out card that can do a lot of different things. Plus, it doesn't break the rule of giving Priest tools to deal with 4 Attack creatures. Those are still a problem for Priest. Good job!

Keledrath
2015-08-31, 05:33 AM
I wanted to make it a neutral spell for 0, but neutral spells aren't a thing. So I made it a 0/0 minion instead :smalltongue:

Jormengand
2015-08-31, 09:09 AM
You missed me. :smallfrown:

Anxe
2015-08-31, 09:56 AM
You missed me. :smallfrown:

Good lord! I did! Sorry. You're in 4th place along with Frog Dragon.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-08-31, 02:38 PM
Woo! Ever since Dark Wings, I've wanted to make an Epic Priest spell that was effective but not OP. I think I may have found a good way to do that.

For the next challenge...Extreme Hearthstone Makeover!

Step 1: take a bad Hearthstone card
Step 2: make it playable
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit!

Beyond the usual questions (is it interesting, flavorful, balanced, and useful to at least one niche, preferably more?), I'm also considering these: how bad is the card you picked (the worse the card is, the better!), and how inventive is your buff (a stat bump isn't a very inventive way to reinvent a card, unless that happens to open up a unique way to use the card).

So, take a bad card, remake it into a playable card, and have fun.

Examples of cards considered bad: Magma Rager, Wisp, Booty Bay Bodyguard, Goldshire Footman, Moonfire

Keledrath
2015-08-31, 03:07 PM
Wisp (0)
Common Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Summon all Wisps from your deck and hand
If this minion damage a demon, destroy both minions.
1/1

So, this lets you get a slightly stronger board. It takes 2 cards out of your deck, but lets you get 2 weak creatures out for free. Makes for decent synergy with cards like Flametongue, Direwolf, Raid Leader, or anything else that benefits from having cards in play.

The secondary effect is more a reference to the end cinematic of Reign of Chaos.

AgentPaper
2015-08-31, 03:12 PM
Potentially helpful resource for finding bad cards: http://www.hearthlog.com/stats#?r=62&t=176

onasuma
2015-08-31, 04:20 PM
Priest of Elune 5
Common Neutral Minion
Restore 4 health to friendly a minion and to your hero.
5/4

Gandariel
2015-08-31, 04:23 PM
Tauren Warrior 3
Common Neutral Minion
Taunt.
Battlecry: gain +3 Attack until the start of your next turn.
2/3

Kidnapper 6
Epic Rogue Minion
Battlecry: Return an enemy minion to its owner's hand.
Combo: put a copy of that minion in your hand
5/3

Clarification: if you combo you just get a copy of it. your opponent always gets his minion back.

Jormengand
2015-08-31, 04:30 PM
Vanish 6
Common Rogue Spell
Return all minions to their owner's hand. Your minions returned this way cost 0 this turn.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-08-31, 04:48 PM
Potentially helpful resource for finding bad cards: http://www.hearthlog.com/stats#?r=62&t=176
Nice link!

Also, the Bear Trap is a good example of how actual Hearthstone took a bad card (not the worst, but still pretty bad) and made it playable: by making it the payoff for a secret that was cheaper than the original minion.

The Glyphstone
2015-08-31, 04:54 PM
Moonfire 0
Common Druid Spell
Deal 1 damage. Gain Spell Damage +1 this turn.

Existing Moonfire is a rather useless ping. This turns Moonfire into a free combo piece, giving a one-turn buff to other druid damage spells- particularly useful if you use it to buff a board clear like Swipe or Starfall. It's also a thematic representation of how the Moonfire spell in WoW is a DoT (Damage over Time) effect, dealing damage up-front and later (sort of).

AgentPaper
2015-08-31, 04:57 PM
Nice link!

Also, the Bear Trap is a good example of how actual Hearthstone took a bad card (not the worst, but still pretty bad) and made it playable: by making it the payoff for a secret that was cheaper than the original minion.

Yeah, just take that list with a grain of salt. For example, it has Brawl with a 37% win rate, despite that being a very often played card in competitive control warrior decks. I'm not sure if the data in there is up-to-date.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-08-31, 08:54 PM
Dust to Dust <3>
Shaman Spell
Deal 3 damage to a minion. If it dies, summon a Dust Devil.

Silverback Patriarch <3>
Common Neutral Minion
Taunt
Deathrattle: Get a Banana.
1/4
Beast

Weapons Engineer <3>
Rare Warrior Minion
At the end of your turn, get an Upgrade!
1/5

He puts the Upgrade! in your hand, so not only do you not get to use it the turn you play him, but you have to pay for the privilege when you do finally use it. Why do Gnomes have to make everything so complicated...

thirsting
2015-09-01, 09:55 AM
Corruption 1
Basic Warlock Spell
Choose an enemy minion. Whenever it attacks, destroy random enemy minion.

Anxe
2015-09-01, 01:09 PM
Goldshire Footman 1
Basic Neutral Minion
Taunt
This minion counts as a Silver Hand Recruit.
1/2

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-09-01, 02:57 PM
Here we go, a real Summoning Portal. Let's up the ante here.

Summoning Portal: 4 Mana
0/5 Demon, Your minions cost (2) less, but not below (1).
Battecry: Reduce the mana cost of all cards in your hand and deck that contain either "Demon" or "Discard" by 1.

Explanation/Clarification: Imp Gang Boss will be reduced because it has the Demon subtype. Implosion will not be reduced because it does not contain demon. Sense Demons and Bane of Doom will be reduced, because they have Demon in their title and effect respectively. Doomguard meets both criteria, but is still only reduced by 1 in cost.

The Battlecry will reduce the cost of Soulfire to 0, akin to Emperor Tharrusian, but a 3 Mana Imp Gang Boss reduced to 2 by the battlecry, will still cost 1 instead of 0, because the persistent effect does not allow drops below 1.

Part of me feels like this is too strong, but other silly cards have seemed worse.

Frog Dragon
2015-09-01, 03:53 PM
Mogu'shan Warden 4
Common Neutral Minion
Taunt. Inspire: Restore 2 health to this minion
1/7

Wayac
2015-09-01, 04:24 PM
Astral Communion 4
Epic Druid Spell
Discard a random card from your hand. Gain Mana Crystals equal to its cost.

Note: This card isn't playable if you don't have another card in your hand.

CantigThimble
2015-09-05, 10:28 AM
Eye for an Eye 1
Common Paladin Secret
When your hero takes damage, deal that much damage to a random enemy.

Hamste
2015-09-06, 12:07 PM
Argent Watchman 2 mana
Rare Neutral minion
Charge
Can't Attack
Inspire: Can attack as normal this turn.
2/4

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-07, 12:10 AM
I was just reading the flavor text for a bunch of cards, when I happened up the text for Dragonling Mechanic:
"She's still working on installing the rocket-launcher add-on for Mr. Bitey."

So now I have to ask myself, what would happen if she finished it?

Mechanical Dragonling <2>
(It has a rocket strapped to its back now.)
Neutral Minion - Summoned by Dragonling Mechanic
Charge
2/1
Mech

GAAD
2015-09-07, 12:48 AM
... Seriously? Nobody's done him yet? All right, low hanging fruit is delicious.

Doctor Boom 7
Neutral legendary minion
Battlecry: Summon two 1/1 Boom Bots. Warning: Bots may explode.
7/5

Boom Bot 1
Uncollectable Neutral Minion
Deathrattle: deal 1 to 4 damage to a random character.

Now? Now he is TRULY Dr. Balanced.

And yes, Dr. Boom is a bad card currently, due to how he is just THAT powerful. The game is built on his corrupt pedestal and he NEEDS to be nerfed. It's a beyond excellent card currently, which means based on the cards they are bringing in the good Doctor is a bad card design wise. It is not bad in the game, true, but he is bad FOR the game.

Frog Dragon
2015-09-07, 11:54 AM
Soo... judgement?

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-09-07, 03:14 PM
Soo... judgement?
Judgement shall be levied when I canst find a spare moment; folks are hanging out for Labor Day here in the States, we'll see how that goes.

Misothene
2015-09-07, 10:46 PM
Savagery 1
Rare Druid Spell
Deal damage to each minion equal to your attack.

Gandariel
2015-09-07, 10:53 PM
Fun fact: Savagery's text *used* to be that one. It also used to cost 3. And everyone was running double Claw and Bite to use it.

Misothene
2015-09-07, 11:06 PM
Fun fact: Savagery's text *used* to be that one. It also used to cost 3. And everyone was running double Claw and Bite to use it.

A fair point, along with Savage Combatant this might be too usable. Changed to "each minion" rather than "each enemy minion."

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-09-08, 11:59 AM
So, first off, great choice of card. The buff is definitely interesting, but it's a bit inelegant and not super-great. It pretty much always amounts to "Summon another 1/1 from your deck". Why not just give it a Battlecry of "Summon a 1/1 Wisp"? That way, you can get more bodies on the field for the card (and I think that'd be pretty fair). The tech element is interesting, and an amusing lore tie-in, but gameplay > lore, and I'm concerned about that tech card being so good.

Ah, quite useful! It turns into a bit of a better Earthen Ring Farseer, which could be particularly useful in a Priest deck with beefy minions or a Control deck with massive Legendaries. That's pretty valuable. It's not a super-dramatic card to buff (it's a bad card, but not abysmally awful), but the buff is pretty reasonable.

Oh, that's clever. I like Kidnapper for being an interesting card, but it's definitely really weak. This, though? I like how you wrapped a great secondary effect into this, and I'm a fan of the Rogue being able to nab other classes' unique minions. This would definitely see play, I think, and the Combo restriction is a great way to make it both Rogue-ish and balanced.

Hmmmm. I don't know about this one. It's effectively "return your opponent's minions to their hand, plus get battlecries and combo effects from your minions this turn". That's actually super-powerful. Sure, it gives them their minions back, but it's otherwise an amazing Turn 6 board wipe that gets better if you have a decent board.

Great choice of weak card, and a really clever and simple buff. I really, really like this one. It's cool how it acts like a little sort of boost for your mass removal spells.

Hmmmmmmm. I like that you took on Upgrade!--a good idea wrapped in a bad package. I'm not totally sold on the minion you attached this to, however, and I'm not sure where it would fit in your curve, mostly because it's a really weak minion that trades poorly for no immediate effect.

Oh, that's good. I love how you basically made a dark mirror of Blessing of Wisdom. That said, I feel that it's much stronger than Blessing of Wisdom, because letting them draw a card is less bad for you than actively sacrificing your board position. So this feels a bit too strong.

Ooh! That poor Footman gets such a bad reputation. This would be a really great buff! I like it, because there's buffs that let you enable it to trade with a 3/2. A little awkward for a buff (making one card count as another card), but it's workable. That said, I don't know if there's enough Silver Hand synergy to make it really effective.

I dunno. I feel like this card is doing much too much stuff at once. I think it'd be interesting to see the Battlecry on its own, or a way to improve the first effect. I like how it has the Demon subtype, that gives it some cool synergies.

AH! Very cool! The prior weakness of the Warden was trading poorly, but this makes it a really annoying sticky taunt, which I love. I think that's very in keeping with its theme.

Yeah, I think this is way too powerful. If it somehow discards a 6+ mana card when you play it, then you've gotten the Astral Communion effect for an incredibly reduced cost. I think this gives much too much for that minor cost. I definitely like the attempt to make it less of a gimmick card, but I think it's hard to make it work in a way that doesn't have a massive cost--Astral Communion probably works best as a gimmicky card.

Ah, there's the missing secret sauce. Eye for an Eye is supposed to protect your face, and this does that in a much nicer way. People don't really mind taking damage to the face if it's just 1-3 damage. But take that much damage to a random minion? Brings the card much closer to going 1-for-1, and I think the intent of a secret is to disrupt the opponent. Good buff.

Hmm, well, it's not a super-exciting buff, but I think it could work, for sure. It basically makes Argent Watchman into a Stormwind Knight that has Battlecry: use your hero power. Though you have to keep paying that mana cost if you want it to keep trading.

I can definitely see the argument for tackling a meta-warping card, so good on you for that. Not sure that the nerf is the most effective, though. In my mind, Boom's biggest asset is board control, and that has everything to do with the Boom Bots, not with the body. Docking 2 health just puts him in range of a couple more removal spells, and maybe makes him trade down with a few minions.

(Total aside: my Boom nerf would probably be to make the Boom Bots a deathrattle)

Hmm! Interesting take on it. Thinking on it, with four mana and two cards you get a Hellfire (that doesn't hit heroes), and five mana and two cards gives a Flamestrike-level board clear...that also clears your own. That...may have been a bit too much of a nerf from your initial idea.

So, with all that said...

Cantig Thimble's Eye for an Eye!

Gandariel's Kidnapper!

The Glyphstone's Moonfire!

Really tricky judgement when I got down to those finalists! And it was pretty great to see these cards get some love.

Keledrath
2015-09-08, 12:13 PM
The main reason I didn't do it as a summon was because the potential to have 4 1/1 creatures on your first turn, for free, seemed a little excessive. My thought was make it so it can give you a solid board presence while filtering a card out of your deck

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-09-08, 12:17 PM
The main reason I didn't do it as a summon was because the potential to have 4 1/1 creatures on your first turn, for free, seemed a little excessive. My thought was make it so it can give you a solid board presence while filtering a card out of your deck
Yeah, that makes sense, though I'm not sure that the filtering effect is very strong when it's filtering one card at most. If you could have 3-5 Wisps in your deck, I think the card would be more impressive.

Keledrath
2015-09-08, 12:19 PM
Yeah, that's also my background in MtG showing.

Gandariel
2015-09-08, 12:24 PM
Also, two 1/1s for 0 mana is overpowered. Living roots does that for one mana*.

Anyways, congrats to the winner :)

Yes i know it's just one of the two effects, but you're still pegging it as a one-mana worth effect.
Plus the deck-thinning, plus the fact that you're playing one of them from your hand (which might count)

Also, it would completely f**k up the value of stuff.
Drawing a card (or, this-ability-doesn't-cost-a-card) is worth 1.5ish mana. That's why Wisp costs 0 and the paladin hero power costs 2.
If 0 mana gets you TWO 1/1s then you'd hugely de-value the Paladin's hero power (and by consequence, all the others)

The Glyphstone
2015-09-08, 12:34 PM
Yay!

Gonna need some time to brainstorm a good premise.

GAAD
2015-09-08, 12:51 PM
Also, Carpe, I DID nerf the Boom Bots too. I let them blow up YOUR stuff and YOUR face.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-09-08, 01:01 PM
Also, Carpe, I DID nerf the Boom Bots too. I let them blow up YOUR stuff and YOUR face.
Aaaah, I did miss that. That does change things. I'm not really sure how to feel about the revamped version. It might actually swing back around to "bad" because it puts more bodies on your side of the field (so, more chances for your stuff to get hit).

GAAD
2015-09-09, 01:06 AM
Glyphstone, if you're stuck, may I make a suggestion?

Since we've done a round helping Inspire cards, how about we assist the other main half of TGT and make a card that would make Jousting more viable?

The Glyphstone
2015-09-09, 06:28 PM
I've actually got an idea, I just spent the day traveling and couldn't post till now (also I don't like Joust).

The theme for this round is...Mechanical Mistaken Identity

Make me a card that clearly got lost on its way to the proper class, and is now suffering from an identity crisis. Priest Combos, Warrior Secrets, Demons with Divine Shield, whatever.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-09-09, 07:14 PM
Oh, this is gonna be hilarious.

Weird stuff...

Priest/Mage/Druid/Warlock weapons
Overload cards in Warrior
Stealing effects in Hunter
Warlock secrets
Spell damage in Warrior
Charge in Priest

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-09-09, 08:17 PM
You mean like Malorne? Which is printed as a Druid card but is clearly supposed to have the Hunter background.

Anxe
2015-09-10, 02:29 AM
Faithful Dog 2
Rare Rogue Beast Minion
Inspire: Your hero gains +1 Attack until the end of the turn.
3/2

http://www.hearthcards.net/cards/35f3b959.png

Druid to Rogue.

onasuma
2015-09-10, 02:48 AM
Javelin of ice 3
Epic mage spell
Equip a 1/3 freezing weapon.

Frosted Javelin 3
Uncollectable Mage Weapon
Freeze any minion damaged by this weapon.
1/3

Gandariel
2015-09-10, 03:37 AM
You mean like Malorne? Which is printed as a Druid card but is clearly supposed to have the Hunter background.

Huh? Malorne is clearly a druid card.
Ok it's a beast, but Druid has beasts too.
Also, the whole "stays in your deck" thing is clearly Druid stuff. They are the ones with the fatigue and mill tools.
The ability would be completely pointless in Hunter, since A) you don't usually get to turn 9, and B) you never go to fatigue

thirsting
2015-09-10, 05:12 AM

Make me a card that clearly got lost on its way to the proper class, and is now suffering from an identity crisis. Priest Combos, Warrior Secrets, Demons with Divine Shield, whatever.

Barkskin Barkeep (3)
Rare Mage Minion
Battlecry: Gain 2 Armor, then double your total Armor.
2/4

Sometimes, you'll wake up for long enough to notice you're the table, rather than just merely under the table.

So.. mage minion with warrior mechanic, and druidish fluff.

Gandariel
2015-09-10, 12:00 PM
Joke submission:

Totally a priest spell 2
Epic priest spell
choose one:
- Gain 6 Armor
- Play two random secrets and discard a card
Combo: Do both
Overload 1

Jormengand
2015-09-10, 12:08 PM
Grant Life 1
Rare Warlock Spell
Heal a minion fully and take as much damage as you healed it for. Draw a card.

Iceshatter 3
Rare mage spell
Destroy a Frozen minion.

I reckon mage doesn't really have this kind of kill spell.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-09-10, 12:35 PM
Void Shrouder (3)
Epic Warlock Demon
Battlecry: add a random Secret to your hand.
2/4

Yes, as in any secret in the game.

Anxe
2015-09-10, 12:36 PM
Joke submission:

Totally a priest spell 2
Epic priest spell
choose one:
- Gain 6 Armor
- Play two random secrets and discard a card
Combo: Do both
Overload 1

Genius! You hit all eight!

CantigThimble
2015-09-10, 01:12 PM
Tracking Staff 2
Rare Shaman Weapon
Whenever a secret is revealed or a beast is summoned gain 1 spell damage.
2/2

GolemsVoice
2015-09-11, 10:32 AM
Gul'dan's Bloodstaff 2
Epic Warlock Weapon

Whenever you use your heropower, this weapon gains +1 durability.

Hero is IMMUNE while attacking.

2/1

EDIT: I added the immune effect because I though that otherwise a weapon for a warlock would be pretty useless. Warlock is not a class that can spend health freely, especially if the weapon gains durability via the warlocks hero power.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-11, 11:17 PM
Skill Sword <3>
Mages can use swords. They only care about the ones with intellect bonuses, though.
Epic Warrior/Mage Weapon
Whenever your hero attacks, it gains Spell Damage +1 this turn.
1/4

Skillmaster <4>
This person will teach you how to level up your techniques! Or how your teeth taste mixed with gravel. One of those.
Rare Warrior Minion
Enrage: Spell Damage +2
3/6

Picking out this one, since it still has the most stark identity crisis:

Skill Ray <2>
It's either a very well-trained War Manta or a very lost Protoss unit.
Common Mage Minion
Enrage: +1 attack and Charge
3/2
Beast
(Changed the card a little bit; I'll bring the image back once it's changed to match.)

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-09-12, 11:38 AM
An Enrage minion in Mage is terrifying. :smallbiggrin:

Surrealistik
2015-09-12, 12:17 PM
Knife in the Dark - 2
Common, Rogue, Spell
Choose One: Deal 2 damage; or summon a Worgen Infiltrator.
Combo: Do both and equip a 2/1 weapon.

Wayac
2015-09-12, 03:12 PM
Shadowmoon Spirit Wolf 4
Legendary Hunter Minion
Your other beasts have +1 Spell Power.
2/4
Beast

His friends call him Malydog.

NeoSeraphi
2015-09-12, 03:37 PM
Unleash the Hands (3)
Epic Paladin Spell
Summon a 1/1 Silver Hand Recruit for each minion your opponent controls.
Combo: Give creatures you control Charge.

GreenSerpent
2015-09-12, 04:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0TPjAAP.png
Berserkergang
Rare Warrior Spell
Give all friendly minions Enrage: +3 Attack this turn. Overload (3)

Berserkers meeting each other NEVER ends well.

Frog Dragon
2015-09-12, 05:00 PM
Pact Warlock 3
Epic Warlock Minion
Inspire: Gain an empty mana crystal
2/3

So, in WoW, Life Tap actually gives you mana. I figured that would be an interesting thing to go for. Of course, mana ramp is a druid-mechanic. :smalltongue:

GAAD
2015-09-12, 06:27 PM
Holy Devil 3
Epic Priest Demon
Battlecry: Deal 1 damage to a friendly character. If it's a minion, give it +1 attack.
3/4

Hamste
2015-09-12, 06:35 PM
Holy Devil 3
Epic Priest Demon
Battlecry: Deal 2 damage to a friendly character.
3/4

I have to ask, what is the point of this creature? We already have a 3 mana 3/4 so why would you want to do 2 damage to a friendly character?

Keledrath
2015-09-12, 06:39 PM
I have to ask, what is the point of this creature? We already have a 3 mana 3/4 so why would you want to do 2 damage to a friendly character?

Synergy with thoughtstolen demons, duh :smalltongue:

GAAD
2015-09-12, 06:54 PM
The point of this creature is to combo with Northshire, Lightwarden, Holy Champion, etc. by giving you something to use your hero power on. I addition, I want Enrage Priest to be a thing. :P So I'll change it to an Inner Rageish effect now, to better fit the spirit of the contest.

Epinephrine_Syn
2015-09-12, 09:22 PM
Paladin Card
PaladOrk's Facemace
3 Mana, 3/2 weapon
If your hand is empty when you swing this weapon, draw a card.

Simple, but fitting, I feel like, given that this 'is' a hunter mechanic.

Edit: Also

Huh? Malorne is clearly a druid card.
Ok it's a beast, but Druid has beasts too.
Also, the whole "stays in your deck" thing is clearly Druid stuff. They are the ones with the fatigue and mill tools.
The ability would be completely pointless in Hunter, since A) you don't usually get to turn 9, and B) you never go to fatigue

I was talking about how you only play Malorne in Hunter because you get it out of Webspinner, and you never actually 'run' it in Druid. :smallsmile:

Gandariel
2015-09-13, 10:38 AM
Aether golem 4
Epic Mage Minion
Deathrattle: if you have cards in hand, discard a random card and summon an Aether Golem.
We are such stuff as dreams are made on
3/4

So.
A sticky minion indeed.
Basically, it's like your whole hand was made of Voidcallers.

This might *seem* OP, but it really is not.

A control deck will be afraid of losing their big minions, and even aggressive decks generally hold their Fireballs and such.

This dude works best on a deck full of mid-sized minions. None is too important to lose, and you gain a huge tempo boost if you can get your trades.

But beware, if your opponent can get to kill your Golem several times, he can force you to discard your cards.

Discardy-things stolen from the Warlock class. (Dread steed and Voidcaller in paticular)

Anxe
2015-09-13, 11:08 PM
Aether golem 4
Epic Mage Minion
Deathrattle: if you have cards in hand, discard a random card and summon an Aether Golem.
We are such stuff as dreams are made on
3/4

So.
A sticky minion indeed.
Basically, it's like your whole hand was made of Voidcallers.

This might *seem* OP, but it really is not.

A control deck will be afraid of losing their big minions, and even aggressive decks generally hold their Fireballs and such.

This dude works best on a deck full of mid-sized minions. None is too important to lose, and you gain a huge tempo boost if you can get your trades.

But beware, if your opponent can get to kill your Golem several times, he can force you to discard your cards.

Discardy-things stolen from the Warlock class. (Dread steed and Voidcaller in paticular)

Seems good with the already extent Spare Part synergy with Flamewalkers and Antonidas as well.

Gandariel
2015-09-14, 04:42 AM
Oh, yeah, Spare Parts provide a huge synergy. BUT i don't think Antonidas would be good here.

This card provides a huge potential tempo, but only if you can afford to discard your cards. If Antonidas is your only wincon, you can't afford to play this card

Medival Wombat
2015-09-14, 11:26 AM
Faceless Apprentice 3
Rare Neutral Minion
Battlecry: become a random minion which costs of 1-5 Mana
1/1

As soon as he has gathered some work experience, heīll be a real manipulator

Gandariel
2015-09-14, 11:34 AM
Hi, Medival Wombat!
Good to see new people in the challenge.

I should point out, however, that you have to create a card based on this week's "theme"

Your card is cool (although slightly underpowered, IMO), but it doesn't fit the current contest. Try making another one!

Medival Wombat
2015-09-14, 02:57 PM
Arcane Bloodpact 5
Epic Mage Spell
If you have 12 or less live, this card only costs 3
All your spells have Spelldamage +1 for each friedly damaged character this turn.
Draw a card

"Cut the one with the robes they said. It would be easy they said..." -an unlucky thug

thirsting
2015-09-17, 02:27 AM
I'll be that guy this time: Judgemeeent, please.

Also, suggestion for the next theme, in case the next winner has trouble with coming up something else: Fallout themed cards!

Gandariel
2015-09-17, 03:09 AM
Yay, people being that guy!

Also, please no Fallout. Nothing against it, but i know nothing about the series, and i imagine i'm not the only one. I'd prefer if it were something more vague.

Something like "Make something Fallout-themed, or post-apocalyptic in general" would be ok too.

The Glyphstone
2015-09-17, 10:48 AM
The Judgernator will be back tonight.

Anxe
2015-09-17, 11:11 AM
We'll also need a new thread after the judgement.

Keledrath
2015-09-17, 11:42 AM
Idea: winner makes the new thread. That way we can also get the challenge at the top of the new thread.

The Glyphstone
2015-09-17, 07:46 PM
Judger Nation Is Here!

Arcane Bloodpact 5
Epic Mage Spell
If you have 12 or less live, this card only costs 3
All your spells have Spelldamage +1 for each friedly damaged character this turn.
Draw a card

Warrior into Mage, looks like, and a Spellpower variant of Battle Rage. It's neat, and I want to like it, but with 3 separate effects - the price reduction, the main effect, and the cantrip, it's just a little too busy for my tastes. Good try though, especially for your first round.

Aether Golem 4
Epic Mage Minion
3/4

Warlock into Mage. Interesting, and as you noted, sticky as heck - the initial body is slightly overcosted, but like Dreadsteed, it just keeps coming back until you Silence it or they run out of cards in hand.

PaladOrk's Facemace
3 Mana, 3/2 weapon
If your hand is empty when you swing this weapon, draw a card.

Hunter into Paladin. Cheap and beneficial to a Aggro/Face Paladin - not very efficient as a draw mechanic, but it feels very Huntery and also Paladin-y at the same time, since Paladin in-class draw power usually comes with drawbacks.

Holy Devil 3
Epic Priest Demon
Battlecry: Deal 1 damage to a friendly character. If it's a minion, give it +1 attack.
3/4

Little bit of Warlock, little bit of Warrior, little bit of Priest. Definitely got an identity crisis going on here, and with Priest's in-class heals the 'drawback' synergizes well with the base class.

Pact Warlock 3
Epic Warlock Minion
Inspire: Gain an empty mana crystal
2/3
Druid into Warlock. Another I want to like, but this one just feels a bit too overpowered - druid pays a card and 2 mana for a single permanent empty crystal, this clobbers Wild Growth in efficiency if it goes off even once.

Berserkergang 3
Rare Warrior Spell
Give all friendly minions Enrage: +3 Attack this turn. Overload (3)

Shaman into Warrior. While the wording is a little fuzzy, I get the intent of the effect - a discounted Bloodlust with a steep Overload. Definitely a good blending of flavors here, though I would have simplified it as 'damaged friendly minions get +3 Attack this turn'.

Unleash the Hands (3)
Epic Paladin Spell
Summon a 1/1 Silver Hand Recruit for each minion your opponent controls.
Combo: Give creatures you control Charge.

Rogue and Hunter into Paladin. The pun alone makes me love this card, and a swarm of Silver Hand Recruits could combo well with the usual Paladin token augmenters, but it is otherwise literally Unleash The Hounds with a reskin.

Shadowmoon Spirit Wolf 4
Legendary Hunter Minion
Your other beasts have +1 Spell Power.
2/4
Beast
Mage/Shaman into Hunter. Not an easy card to set up, but one that could make an Explosive Trap or Power Shot into a nasty board clear. Hunter doesn't have a lot of use for Spellpower, but this definitely makes it worth investing in for the ones that do.

Knife in the Dark - 2
Common, Rogue, Spell
Choose One: Deal 2 damage; or summon a Worgen Infiltrator.
Combo: Do both and equip a 2/1 weapon.

Entwine in Hearthstone - Druid into Rogue. Simple and effective, though like Arcane Bloodpact, having three effects - the Choose Two and the Combo bonus - makes it a little too busy for me. If its Combo was simply Choose Two, it'd be perfect, though that would also be overcosted, so I guess it's balanced at least.

Skill Ray <2>
Common Mage Minion
Enrage: +1 attack and Charge
3/2

Warrior into Mage. Either a 3/2 for 2 or a 4/1 Charge for 4, so you've priced it well. Also very simple and straightforward.

Gul'dan's Bloodstaff 2
Epic Warlock Weapon
Whenever you use your heropower, this weapon gains +1 durability.
Hero is IMMUNE while attacking.
2/1

Hunter into Warlock, it feels like. You make a good point on the life loss, though I honestly liked the pre-Immune version better, since it basically forced you to go face with your Bloodstaff in most situations. Effectively making your Warlock hero power into 'also, deal 2 to your opponent' in a Share My Pain sort of way really drew me, but this version is also good.

Tracking Staff 2
Rare Shaman Weapon
Whenever a secret is revealed or a beast is summoned gain 1 spell damage.
2/2

Hunter into Shaman. An interesting idea, but I'm not sure how I feel about a weapon that encourages you to not be swinging it - even Sword of Justice runs out eventually. It'd also be extremely hard to trigger usefully with no Shaman secrets and few Beasts; some sort of interaction with Totems might have been better.

Void Shrouder (3)
Epic Warlock Demon
Battlecry: add a random Secret to your hand.
2/4
Hunter/Paladin/Mage into Warlock. Simple and straightforward, if highly RNG-dependent.

Iceshatter 3
Rare mage spell
Destroy a Frozen minion.

...Rogue into Mage? The only outright Destroy effect in Mage is Vaporize as a defensive secret, so this does fill an unexplored niche and the Freeze necessity blends well into the class.

(I think you should have kept Grant Life, though with a rename to Blood Pact - it'd match up very well with an actual Warlock spell in WoW.)

Barkskin Barkeep (3)
Rare Mage Minion
Battlecry: Gain 2 Armor, then double your total Armor.
2/4

Druid/Warrior into Mage. Not a whole lot to say about this one, sadly - it's a decent defensive bulwark for a control-oriented Mage deck, at least.

Javelin of ice 3
Epic mage spell
Equip a 1/3 freezing weapon.

Paladin (weapon with effect-on-hit) into Mage, I guess. Mage does like its Freeze effects - pity Ice Lance is the only class card that specifically interacts with Freeze (besides Iceshatter above).

Faithful Dog 2
Rare Rogue Beast Minion
Inspire: Your hero gains +1 Attack until the end of the turn.
3/2

Druid into Rogue. Savage Combatant's little brother, or a Buccaneer with a weaker effect and a stronger body. Cheap, flavorful, and effective.

Gul'dan's Bloodstaff (pre-Immune variant)!

Faithful Dog!

Knife In The Dark!

Aether Golem! Gandariel WINS!

Let Hearthstone YMTC II: I'm The Judgernaut! commence.

Anxe
2015-09-17, 10:14 PM
On you to make the new thread then Gandariel.

Frog Dragon
2015-09-17, 11:34 PM
Re: Pact Warlock
The reason I think it's balanced is that ramp goes down in effectiveness fast as the game goes on. A turn 2 wild growth is waaay more valuable than a turn 4 one (which is what this'll be at the earliest). If you heropower on turn 4, that makes your turn 5 6 mana. Do it again, your turn 6 is 8 mana.... and then what? It's almost impossible to use it more than twice. And this is on turns where warlock decks either don't want to tap (because they need their mana), or might want to but have nothing to ramp for (zoo for example).

And finally, you're not really going to gain any tempo advantage with this because your turn 3 is a weak body and you have 2 mana and turn 4. Conversely, druids with Wild Growth do 2-4-5 curves. This card requires you to be ramping to something that costs 6, or even more if you want to use the effect twice.

Gandariel
2015-09-18, 04:53 AM
Yay, victory! New thread will be up as soon as I can think of a theme.

Also, FrogDragon's card is not OP.
How you play it would be turn 5 play it and hero power.

That is very, very, very bad tempo.
For five mana, you've played a 2/3 and lost 2 Health.
And yeah, Wild Growth on turn 5 is way worse than on 2

Edit: New thread is up (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?443102-Hearthstone-YMTC-II-I-M-THE-JUDGERNAUT!)