PDA

View Full Version : Player needing help creating BBEG

FalseKing
2014-06-17, 03:53 PM
I recently was enroll dingo a group where their campaign is focused around the theme of our characters being from various backgrounds and learning new styles of roleplay for these characters. So far the DM has suggested to me, someone who commonly creates clerics or rogues, to try out WIzard/sorcerer. And his rule for me was to play an alignment I've never played, ever. So I decided to do some research a bit and decided to play a Vashar Wizard, Vashar coming form the Book of Vile Darkness.
The help I need is two things, builds that would suit a character that wants to kill deities, clerics, paladins, anything related to the gods really and particularly reflects the best a Wizard can do. Are there any builds for Wizards that can particularly do this, or maybe a build optimization to help me reach this sort of thing.

The second of these things is figuring out how to play as a Chaotic Evil Wizard, is there particular styles of wizard spells or maybe specific things I need to perform as or keep in mind or stay within the lines of to effectively role-play this type of character?

Thealtruistorc
2014-06-17, 04:44 PM
I have never seen a more perfect opportunity to play a Wizard/Ur-Priest Mystic Theurge. For a fun build, engineer your character around transmutation and baleful polymorph the ever-loving gravy out of everythin you see.

Falcon X
2014-06-18, 01:57 PM
For classes:
- Ur-Priest is the obvious choice, both for flavor and power.
- Dread Necromancer is a blast to play and also tends to be anti-deity.
- Spellthief depends on your flavor. Thematically, it is a great base class for the Ur-Priest.
- Durthan (UE) is one I had fun playing once, that I interpreted as evil. Find a way to permanency an Acorn of Far travel. Another potentially-broken class though...
- Defiant and Ardent Dilettante (PlanarHB) or their predecessors The Athar and The Sensate (Dragon 287) would be great. They are already connected to the planes and would be fun to play.

Flavor and Spell-wise:
It depends on what you are going for. A couple suggestions if you are going full-throttle evil:
A. Hidden servant of Tharizdun (Elder Elemental Eye). You want to see the world burn in fire (or water, or earth, or air). You are likely connected to one of the Princes of Elemental Evil. There are extra spells and flavor info for this in Dragon 285 and 347.
B. Just plain evil. You entertain yourself torturing people. Use every evil spell you can find, and use them creatively. Draw from Book of Vile Darkness and Dragon 300.
My Durthan was like this. She had a personal mission to go out into the world and corrupt it to look like our homeland, so that our borders would expand from the outside-in. She raised a cult, became all-powerful, and even modified a spell from Book of Erotic Fantasy that allowed her to impregnate women with a half-spirit seed.