PDA

View Full Version : What's General Tullius doing in Beacon Hills? Or chars you always seem to associate

gooddragon1
2014-06-17, 04:41 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Mystic Muse
2014-06-17, 04:54 PM
Three words.

Hello, Mr. Anderson.

AdmiralCheez
2014-06-17, 10:51 PM
Any character played by or voiced by Patrick Warburton will always be Brock Samson to me.

Rodin
2014-06-17, 11:35 PM
I was always wondering why Colonel Tigh was bumming around working security for the Citadel in Mass Effect.

Brother Oni
2014-06-19, 02:15 AM
What's Malcolm Tucker doing in the TARDIS? And why hasn't he used a single profanity yet?

Why is Buffy running away from the serial killer? Surely she could beat the snot out of him without breaking a fingernail?

What's Khal Drogo doing, bumming around on a beach?

JustSomeGuy
2014-06-19, 02:24 AM

He just sad 'coz they killed hellboy

Coidzor
2014-06-19, 03:04 AM
Well, as someone who grew up with Captain Picard from TNG re-runs, I tend to associate most Patrick Stewart roles with Picard.

Terrible, I know.

BRIAN BLESSED! will always be Voltan to me, as well.

Why doesn't magneto just take the orcs weapons and kill the cave troll with them to save the fellowship the trouble (lord of the rings)

For me it was "Why is Gandalf cleanshaven and evil now? *le gasp* Have I stumbled upon some kind of universal axiom where shaving makes you evil!? No, wait, that'd just be silly. Right?" :smalltongue:

Cespenar
2014-06-19, 05:26 AM
Yep, the old Picard-Gandalf-Dooku chain.

Gnome Alone
2014-06-19, 10:51 AM
I'm just happy that Colonel Tigh got promoted to general and flung into a time and space warp to a more interesting planet. Actually General Tullius is even more of a jerk than Tigh, so maybe I'm not happy for him.

The strangest experience I've ever had with this phenomenon has been about Katey Segal - at first, in 1999-2000 it was jarring that Peg Bundy seas doing the voice of a purple-haired cyclops. Now I on the (raaaaaaare) occasion that I see an episode of "Married...With Children," I think, "Oh yeah, Leela used to be on that show. Weird."

Brother Oni
2014-06-20, 01:56 AM
Danny John Jules will always be Cat to me, even when he's hunting vampires (Blade 2) or being a policeman in the Caribbean (Death in Paradise).

Neville Longbottom however grew up and joined the Army... (http://www.newnownext.com/harry-potters-neville-longbottom-is-shirtless-and-rubbing-up-on-dudes-in-bluestone-42/03/2014/)

Arslan230
2014-06-20, 05:43 AM
It seems always happy.

Wardog
2014-06-20, 02:34 PM

What's Ronon Dex doing galloping around on a horse waving a sword?

TheThan
2014-06-20, 03:55 PM
Three words.

Hello, Mr. Anderson.

haha hahaha haha

I do the same thing.

Derthric
2014-06-20, 04:21 PM
I once described the Prestige as "Batman and Wolverine using magical super science to out perform one another. And Black Widow, Gollum, Mr Scrooge, and David Bowe are there too."

Brother Oni
2014-06-20, 05:04 PM
I once described the Prestige as "Batman and Wolverine using magical super science to out perform one another. And Black Widow, Gollum, Mr Scrooge, and David Bowe are there too."

Shouldn't that be Jareth, the Goblin King (minus the codpiece)?

Derthric
2014-06-20, 11:37 PM
Shouldn't that be Jareth, the Goblin King (minus the codpiece)?

It could, but alas, I have never seen Labyrinth. I shall surrender my nerd card on my way out.

JBPuffin
2014-06-22, 08:41 PM
Im pretty sure the main character of Brick is also the lead in Kickass...also, I know Anakin Skywalker's been in more movies than I thought...and why is Marty McFly an ambassador to the Soviet Union? Or a reporter when Mars Attacks?

Also, Doc Brown is involved in a murder mystery with Tim Curry. Crazy, right? Why didn't he just invent a way to know who the killer was...

Hiro Protagonest
2014-06-22, 10:03 PM
This is pretty obscure, but I wondered why Khan was the right-hand man of a Russian crime boss (Mark Acheson voiced Boris in Black Lagoon, and also Khan in Eon Kid. Eon Kid is the obscure part. I think it's pretty good, but how the robots work make no sense and there's also mystical kung fu stuff, so don't try to apply realism).

But I don't really associate VAs with particular characters. Whenever I hear Patrick Warburton I go "hey it's Patrick Warburton!" not "hey it's Mr. Barkin!". Before I went searching for him and found his name, I just thought of him as "hey it's that guy who's in everything!".

Gnoman
2014-06-22, 10:40 PM
I have great difficulty taking any anime character voiced by Todd Haberkorn seriously. I always have trouble realizing that they aren't a small, Gundam-obsessed green frog.

Coidzor
2014-06-22, 10:50 PM
Oh, right. How did Krillin(Dragon Ball Z) go from having no nose at all to looking like freaking Pinnochio(One Piece)?

Hiro Protagonest
2014-06-24, 04:59 PM
I wondered why Kirito was the son of Satan (the VA for Kirito in the Sword Art Online dub also voices Rin in the Blue Exorcist dub. It doesn't help that I don't like his voice acting).

Traab
2014-06-24, 05:08 PM
Three words.

Hello, Mr. Anderson.

THIS!!!!!!!! Seriously, I went to the theater for fellowship. I saw elrond and was confused why I thought "EVIL!" when I saw his face, considering I know he is a good guy. Then he said, "Welcome to Rivendell": and I literally stood up and yelled, "MR ANDERSON!" Luckily, everyone else there thought that was the funniest thing ever so i didnt get into trouble, but it literally hit me out of the blue. It took me hearing him say those words for the connection to be complete.