PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Power surge and dragonfire adept. does it qualify you for metabreath feats?

adriana
2014-06-18, 03:05 AM
So this class looks very interesting to me and I want to play it once my current campaign is done.

I was skimming through this (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/1101061) and it mentioned that it could qualify a human for taken meta breath feats by taking power surge. It seems a bit shaky to me.

Another question. It doesn't give you any armor proficiency but it looks like a lot of the decent invocations are either 24 hour buffs or cast mainly outside of combat in situations where spell failure doesn't really matter. So is there any real reason not to take some armor?

Malroth
2014-06-18, 04:33 AM
It gives your Breath a recharge mechanic measured in rounds so it should qualify you for metabreath feats, As for Armor, Cost and movement are the only downsides for a non stealth non casting character wearing armour they're non proficient in, If you don't care about either of those two things then there's really no downside.

georgie_leech
2014-06-18, 04:59 AM
If you don't care about ASF for whatever reason (like primarily using Invocations in scenarios where you don't have to absolutely have it go off immediately, particularly out of combat), consider that a Mithral Chain Shirt or the considerably cheaper Leather Armor have no ACP to apply to anything regardless of proficiency, so go nuts.

adriana
2014-06-18, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the responses.

Now to decide on either factotum or warblade for gestalt I'll be gravy.