PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Génération Albator chaps!

CaptainSam
2007-02-23, 06:01 PM
And chapesses as well!

Hi all!

Right, this has been bugging me for a long time, and my Google-Fu has let me down.

When I was little, I lived in Liege in Belgium. I used to watch an anime show on Antenne 2 called Albator. I loved this, and it became a large part of my life. So much so, I own the entire original series in French.

I distinctly remember an episode where Albator fought a female opponent in a forest, in a thunderstorm. With their kick-ass sabre-gun-thingies. Rather than lose to him, she raises her sword and gets struck by lightning. She was almost as good as Albator, and when she wiggled her fingers, there were light blobby things at the end of them.

Now, here's the problem; do you think I can find this anywhere online? No! To further complicate things, Albator is also known as Harlock, Herlock, Space Pirate Harlock, Space Captain Pirate Harlock, and so on. Add to this, my French is not as good as it once was.

The only clues I can give is that it's not the original 1978 series (too early), neither is it the 2002 series (too late). I also own the Albator 84 film, and it's not in there either.

So, come on, everyone! I need an answer to this.

Cheers!