PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Rounding out a Mage of the Arcane Order

TheDarkDM
2014-06-18, 06:12 PM
Hey there Playground, I'm hoping to pick your brains to finish the last five levels of a sort of low-grade Easy Bake/Batman Wizard build for an upcoming Age of Worms game. I'm starting out as a Human Generalist with the Eidetic Spellcaster ACF, starting feats Collegiate Wizard and Spell Focus (enchantment). Planning on taking four more levels of Wizard before entering Mage of the Arcane Order for seven levels, and I plan on slotting three levels of Archmage in somewhere after that. However, that leaves me five levels to play with and no clear idea of what I want in them. The character is intended to be a kind of adventurer archaeologist, though more Belloq than Indiana Jones, and as we're playing in Greyhawk I've pegged him as being of Suloise descent. My groups' optimization ceiling is in the realm of fairly high PO, so feel free to go wild. I'll also post the rest of the party below to help avoid redundancies.

Human Focused Abjurer, probably going into Initiative of the Sevenfold Veil and focusing more on a God Wizard playstyle
Elan Seer, no idea if he plans to PRC out of Psion
Human (?) Cleric of Pelor, going towards Radiant Servant
Race Unknown Warblade, who last I heard was building towards Shadowsmith from Tome of Magic
Human Fighter, focused on grappling, no idea of his build

Spuddles
2014-06-18, 07:04 PM
check out greyhawk method feat. cant remember which DR it is in, but it gives you another 4 spells to your spellbook per level, I think. if you need more spells known, that is.

if you can find a method of spontaneously casting spells (nexus method, from same DR issue, or uncanny forethought, exemplars of evil), grab versatile spellcasting. now your huge spell repertoire can really take you places!

if you are looking for more prestige class levels, check out dark scholar from shattered gtes of slaughtergaurde. full casting and neat flavorful abilities. first level gets you bardic lore, for instance.

loremaster can also be worthwhile for netting you a bonus feat if you're doing archmage

Bullet06320
2014-06-19, 01:08 AM
actually dark scholar losses 1 level of casting at first level, but its still a good PRC

and greyhawk method feat is from dragon 315

TheDarkDM
2014-06-20, 01:52 AM
Thanks both of you.