PDA

View Full Version : Useful modern (21st century) item suggestions?

jaydubs
2014-06-18, 10:27 PM
I'll be starting in a campaign that will be mixing pathfinder characters with a lot of the modern world. PCs will have access to most of the items you could find in a regular house, walmart, on ebay, etc. Suggestions on things an adventurer might find useful?

So far I have:
-Firearms
-Flashlights and similar
-Lighters and matches
-Binoculars
-Smartphone
-Handcuffs/zip ties
-Duct tape
-Insect repellant
-Car/motorcycle
-Bike
-Pepper spray
-Radios
-Multitool
-Wristwatch

I have a suspicion there's a lot of obvious things I'm either not considering, or just taking for granted. Any ideas?

Forrestfire
2014-06-18, 11:27 PM
Smartphones and computers are pretty big, especially if the networks can still be accessed. Even if they can't, though, offline programs are huge. I shudder to think about what an item crafting-focused wizard could do with a computer, even if it just gave him new ideas about how to build things.

It probably doesn't matter because this is PF, but medicine and packaged food are probably also useful. Household chemicals as well, especially if you have a creative alchemist (or wizard, I guess?).

With a box
2014-06-18, 11:43 PM
How about a helicopter?
Yes. Ebay sells does things

http://m.ebay.com/sch/Helicopters-/63680/i.html?isRefine=true

jaydubs
2014-06-19, 12:07 AM
Networking is definitely something I have planned. Adventuring craig's list. Phone a friend (with attached images) whenever you need help with a knowledge check. And twitter could arguably be a very good way to summon reinforcements. Run into a bunch of evil outsiders? #need_paladins

The helicopter might be a good idea as well. Could be useful platforms since they move faster than most magical flight. 250 mpg comes out to something like 2200 feet per round. :smalltongue:

On the topic of transportation, I bet there's some interesting things you could do with remote control vehicles as well... maybe something related to fire seeds?

Tohsaka Rin
2014-06-19, 03:57 AM
A wooden horse, say a prop for a play. The more realistic looking, the better.

The spells Animate Object, and Permanency.

????

Profit!

Seriously though, something that looks and moves like a horse, than can do all the useful things a horse can, but it never needs food, water, or rest? Hah!