PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder The Black Hat gunslinger archetype and grit.

SirWolf312
2014-06-19, 12:23 AM
Does anyone know if the black hat archetype for the gunslinger uses charisma or grit for their grit points? I'm slightly confused because their jinxes use charisma for the saving throw and it seems like it would fit better flavor wise.

torrasque666
2014-06-19, 12:36 AM
Source?

BTW, unless it has a feature that changes "grit", grit scales off of WIS. There is no stat called Grit.

SirWolf312
2014-06-19, 12:42 AM
It is from this http://paizo.com/products/btpy90lq/discuss?New-Paths-6-The-Expanded-Gunslinger

And I am thinking that it Wis like normal, I was just wondering because some of the stuff that replaces some deeds is based off Cha.

NightbringerGGZ
2014-06-19, 06:50 AM
It's 3rd party material, and I don't believe the creator puts his material on the web for free perusal. Unless somebody happens to own that book they're not going to be able to give you specific rules interpretations. The best I could suggest would be to read over the rules again and look to see if they mention a change to the Grit class feature. Specifically, you'll be looking for a line that states that the character uses Charisma instead of Wisdom to calculate his Grit Pool.

If that isn't there, then torrasque666 is correct. You still use Wisdom for your Grit pool.