PDA

View Full Version : [D&D Next] How to roll Advantage/Disadvantage?

Meltheim
2014-06-19, 10:56 AM
Hey all - I am wondering if anyone has come up with a clever solution for rolling advantage or disadvantage for D&D Next in a PbP game.

I know that you can do the "best" roll 2d20b1 = 2d20b1 that gives you a straight up die roll without any modifiers attached. Is there a way to do the 'worst' roll? i.e. 2d20w1?

My only other thought is just having players roll out twice and then us manually choosing the best/worst based on the situation.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Millennium
2014-06-19, 11:47 AM
In AnyDice's notation, you can model advantage as 1@2d20 and disadvantage as 2@2d20

Chaosvii7
2014-06-19, 05:24 PM
I know that roll20 has two different functions, keep and drop. You can modify them so that they affect either the lowest die or the highest die.

So a the command /roll 2d20kl1 would be equal to Disadvantage, in which you keep the lowest(kl) of the two rolls.

roll20's system lets you macro, but to macro every roll with advantage or disadvantage would just be information overload. It'd be easier to have a roll for advantage or disadvantage and do the math yourself at that point.

Meltheim
2014-06-19, 05:45 PM
I know that roll20 has two different functions, keep and drop. You can modify them so that they affect either the lowest die or the highest die.

So a the command /roll 2d20kl1 would be equal to Disadvantage, in which you keep the lowest(kl) of the two rolls.

roll20's system lets you macro, but to macro every roll with advantage or disadvantage would just be information overload. It'd be easier to have a roll for advantage or disadvantage and do the math yourself at that point.

Thanks - yeah I know how to do it in Roll20, but I like to keep everything here on the forums. I'm hoping for a solution that works with this dice roller.