PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Need some good ideas for a dwarven dungeon

maniacalmojo
2014-06-19, 12:00 PM
Building a fairly expansive dwarven dungeon so that the party can retrieve a core of a airship built a long time ago. I am fairly new to being a DM and do not want a cookie cutter dungeon so i would like to harness the collective knowledge of the interwebs to help create interesting features of my dungeon (riddles, traps, unique situations ect)

For reference the party is all level 7 and consist of mostly meatbags and two sub optimal spellcasters
a rogue/fighter/dread pirate
A rogue/fighter (DPS archer)
A tiefling evocator specializing in the rapid magic missle trick (not there yet)
A large sized barbarian custom race. Good at hitting really hard
A Generalist wizard/druid/arcane hierophant. Good at the whole spellcasting bit but new player is unfamiliar with the mechanics enough to really be called an optimized charecter
^the companion/familiar of this one here. large sized having 32 str and really good saves.
A half elf bard
A custom class charecter called sword dancer. Has spring attack otherwise nothing special
A large sized warblade. High strength and maneuvers. Player is experienced but not really super engaged or familiar with 3.5 (comes from the land of second edition)

Lacking any real healing or decent trap finders (the two rogues are more optimized for battle)

Still want a thrilling adventure with riddles and constructs and golems.