PDA

View Full Version : Team Good IC: Hunters of Justice

Techwarrior
2014-06-19, 03:44 PM
Prologue: Picking up the Pieces

The Salty Bear Inn. Adrilanka: Noon.

A group of adventurers has commandeered the front room of the Salty Bear this morning. The Order of Light's headquarters is a smoking wreck, and the people that survived are shaken beyond belief. The night before, a routine check into a chapter of the Thieve's Guild turned into a mass-murder in the streets of the Merchant District, with fast-paced action and horrific things coming to pass. Several of the higher members of the Order are dead, and an artifact, a medallion the deceased Archmage Roland had been studying has been taken.

You were there. Demons roamed the streets, killing at will. People panicked, and houses burned. The priest Velish now leads you. He is quite obviously uncomfortable with this.

"You are all gathered here because you are both alive, and capable. We need to figure out what we stepped into last night, and we have our best living mages and priests looking into the matter as fast as their spells can cast. The true horror is that no one here managed to get a good look at the those responsible, so far we've been able to uncover that the Thieve's Guild had nothing to do with last night, and the people there were a simple diversion for the theft last night. Now, we must try and regroup. An order of elves south of here have access to scrolls and magic items that we think we can use to help us track down the perpetrators, but we must move quickly before they act again."

The man then turns to you.

"Dorian, John, and Irori. We need you to beseech the elves for their aid. Take this letter to them, and do what you must for the cause. May the Light ever be with you. We will continue our research into what happened, and begin relaying messages to the other chapters. There is one such chapter in a village near the elves you must speak to, and this letter will get you any aid they can offer to you.

Is there anything we can do to help you with this?"

czieg
2014-06-19, 04:53 PM
Dorian Shadowchain

Dorian sits back in his chair, boots on the table, trying to clean some off the more stubborn bloodstains out of his cloak.
The way I see it, whoever stole the medallion will be celebrating their victory. Instead of running to the elves, we should try to track them down now, while the trail is still warm. With a little bit of luck, we can catch them and get the jump on the thieves. However, some more weapons and supplies would be most welcome. Perhaps we could send word to the elves in advance, asking them to meet us on the way to save more time?

(OOC: In your address, I think you left out Jack Trades)

Anachronity
2014-06-19, 07:03 PM
Irori sits quietly, still visibly shaken from the events of the previous night. Once Velish had finished voicing his request, and Dorian his response, she spoke softly but surely to Velish:

"If you have any scrolls to spare containing teleportation or transportation spells, they would speed us greatly. I could understand, however, why such resources might be scarce."

then to both Dorian and Velish:

"I am sure our patrons have begun efforts both in the immediate and long-term to track down those responsible. It simply appears that our contribution is to be among the latter."

Techwarrior
2014-06-20, 12:43 PM
"The best I have in that department are one each of the spells Dimension Hop and Benign Transposition, and two of Longstrider."

Turning to Dorian, the man nods gravely.

"We have already begun inquiries and divinations into the attack. You three are our best capable adventurers, and will likely have to deal with the assailants once we've found out more. For now, we need you to smooth out our ties with the elves. There have been some diplomatic fumbles, and I have heard rumors our former leader owed them a favor. That is why you must see to the elves."

czieg
2014-06-20, 12:59 PM
Dorian Shadowchain

Dorian perks up at this last bit.

Do the rumors say anything about what sort of favor?

After the response, Dorian stands up and stretches.

Well then, I think we'd best get on the road, we should hurry before the thieves hear what we're doing. If they can summon demons, who knows what else they can do...

Anachronity
2014-06-20, 05:06 PM
Irori accepts the scrolls with a wordless thanks. She also seems eager to leave, but waits to see if John has anything to add.

blade artist
2014-06-23, 11:21 PM
John of the Golden Cross

John rouses from his nightmarish stupor, and looks about the room a bit before remembering he's here for an assignment.

I agree with Irori, but I'd rather to think it that right now our trousers are down... so to speak. We're scrambling around for the shock of it while they have all the laughs; trying to challenge them in any way would end drastically on our part.

John slowly rises from his seat, weary from wearing his armor for so long.

It'd be better to go now than later as Dorian says

czieg
2014-06-24, 11:09 AM
John of the Golden Cross

John rouses from his nightmarish stupor, and looks about the room a bit before remembering he's here for an assignment.

I agree with Irori, but I'd rather to think it that right now our trousers are down... so to speak. We're scrambling around for the shock of it while they have all the laughs; trying to challenge them in any way would end drastically on our part.

John slowly rises from his seat, weary from wearing his armor for so long.

It'd be better to go now than later as Dorian says
Dorian of The Blademasters

Alright then, lets get on the road and meet with the elves. No telling how long that could take.

Techwarrior
2014-06-24, 02:27 PM
The group prepares itself to leave, taking with them all of their gear and a light (non-war) horse for each of them, along with an additional horse to carry extra gear.

The group gets out of the city easily, with little halting a group of such Good Adventurers as those endorsed by the Order of Light.

As the group rides to the south, in hopes of arranging a diplomatic situation with the Elves of Ehryan, the roads become more and more dusty as the day goes on. In the far distance, it looks like storm clouds are gathering.

There is an Empire town about two hours ride south of your current position, and there is a small forest to the west. All else is extremely dry plains, which could possibly injure your horses if you were to try and ride through it.

Roll Survival.

czieg
2014-06-24, 10:57 PM
Dorian Shadowchain of the Blademasters

Dorian peers out at his surroundings, seeing what he can discern of the the surroundings and the coming storm...
[roll0]
I have a bad feeling about my rolls for Dorian :smalleek:

blade artist
2014-06-24, 11:13 PM
John of the Golden Cross

John isn't much paying attention to anything in particular, planning out his next meal to make for the group. Possibly an herb or other edible vegetation catches his eye.

[roll0]

Anachronity
2014-06-25, 09:28 PM
Irori, Mistress of Talents

Her talents failing her, Irori seems at a loss for what to do

[/ROLL]1d20-1[ROLL]

Anachronity
2014-06-26, 05:57 PM
Irori pauses dramatically, staring far off into the distant storm clouds. She inhales deeply and thoughtfully, then breathes out slowly. Another moment's pause, then she says

"The storm will be upon us before we can make the town to the south... I can taste it."

With an air of serene wisdom about her she then sets off towards the forest to the west, clearly expecting her companions to follow.

However, a DC 24 Sense Motive check reveals...
She's sure about the storm, but she's also a BIG PHONEY!

czieg
2014-06-27, 09:34 AM
Irori pauses dramatically, staring far off into the distant storm clouds. She inhales deeply and thoughtfully, then breathes out slowly. Another moment's pause, then she says

"The storm will be upon us before we can make the town to the south... I can taste it."

With an air of serene wisdom about her she then sets off towards the forest to the west, clearly expecting her companions to follow.

However, a DC 24 Sense Motive check reveals...
She's sure about the storm, but she's also a BIG PHONEY!

Dorian Shadowchain

Dorian glances at Irori, suspicious of her sudden knowledge of storms.

[roll0]

Looked at the DC and realized I couldn't make the roll anyway.

czieg
2014-06-28, 09:30 AM
Dorian Shadowchain
If the storm is going to be here soon, then we need to get to cover quickly.
To see if there is any cover nearby that we could use: [roll0]

Perhaps we should take cover in that forest until the storm blows over, I don't like being caught out in the rain.

czieg
2014-07-03, 06:02 PM
OOC officially kicking this thread, WAKE UP, I edited the above post to move things along. Respond pls

Techwarrior
2014-07-03, 06:10 PM
I'm pretty sure we're waiting on me. Sorry about that, there was a big storm and I lost power for about 4 days. I'm playing catch up now.

czieg
2014-07-03, 08:40 PM
I'm pretty sure we're waiting on me. Sorry about that, there was a big storm and I lost power for about 4 days. I'm playing catch up now.

Alright then.

Techwarrior
2014-07-04, 11:27 PM
The party makes for the trees, and all too soon. As they get to the edge of the woods, the rains is just barely starting, and as they get inside the storm really starts kicking up. Powerful winds rip through the trees, tearing up small sticks whipping rain against your clothing. The party must do something about these conditions, and as they look around, they notice an old, well maintained stone path leading deeper into the woods.

czieg
2014-07-05, 09:17 AM

Interesting... Is it possible that this road could lead to the elves, or something more sinister? Either way, we don't have much to do until this storm blows over.

Anachronity
2014-07-05, 09:34 AM

Irori nods her consent. Excited for an adventure and lost in her own pretense of competence, she speaks with a dramatic tone in her voice:

"Yes, let us see where these stormy winds carry us!"

Sitting atop her horse before this alluring woodland path, entranced by the mysteries it may hold, she has already all but forgotten about the elves.

Techwarrior
2014-07-07, 05:50 PM
Knowledge (History) or (Religion) might reveal more information about the forest path, but since you've decided to go down it, it'll be moderately redundant.

The path widens out to what is almost a road, or would have been if it had been more than modestly maintained (Knowledge: Architecture). However, even in the darkness, you can clearly see a light further up the path, and you begin to be able to make out what appears to be a modest stone building. As the pathway creeps up, you see a lone, cloaked figure keeping vigil by the door of what is obviously now a ruin, but once a great building of some sort. (Knowledge: Religion) The figure calls out in Elven.

"Hail Travelers, blessings be upon you."

Anachronity
2014-07-13, 09:47 PM

After a moment's pause and brief glances to her companions, Irori speaks up:

"Apologies friend, but none of us would seem to speak elven. Will the common tongue do?"

Fearing that this cloaked figure may not speak common, Irori makes heavy use of body language as she speaks.

blade artist
2014-07-16, 11:51 PM
John of the Golden Cross

John turns his head to Irori with a quizzical look.

"Of course he knows common, everyone knows common these days. My last time out, goblins were calling me fat and ugly... I don't think they get insults that well, yet."

Techwarrior
2014-07-21, 03:53 PM
The figure nods, and gestures for the group to come closer. The (male?) figure then repeats themself in Common.

"Hail Travelers. Blessings be upon you. What brings you here to this place?"

Anachronity
2014-07-21, 05:48 PM
Eager to make a new friend, Irori quickly replies.

"This storm has led us into the shelter of the trees, but it was a search for the Elves of Ehryan that led us into the storm. Perhaps we have found them?"

Before even waiting for a reply from the elf, Irori begins to describe the particular order of elves they are searching for as it was described to her.

czieg
2014-07-21, 05:49 PM
The threat of a storm and the seeking of allies!

Techwarrior
2014-07-23, 11:27 PM
The figure seems accepting towards your reasoning.

"Perhaps you'd best come inside. It seems the Goddess wanted you to come here. Besides, there is warmth and the bounties of our hunt is quite ready to be shared."

czieg
2014-07-24, 06:20 AM
The figure seems accepting towards your reasoning.

"Perhaps you'd best come inside. It seems the Goddess wanted you to come here. Besides, there is warmth and the bounties of our hunt is quite ready to be shared."

Why thank you good sir but perhaps you could tell us your name first?

Techwarrior
2014-07-24, 04:09 PM
"I have no name. Our sect forswores such personal things upon becoming part of our Goddess."

czieg
2014-07-24, 09:12 PM

No names, huh? Interesting...

Dorian unwraps his spiked chain from around his body, massaging his shoulder where it was chafing. (Actually prepping for any sort of hostile actions)
Spot check [roll0]
Listen check [roll1]
EDIT: a word

Anachronity
2014-07-25, 11:36 PM

No names, huh? Interesting...
Irori moves to follow the elf, only slightly put off by this strange tradition

"Indeed! Perhaps you can tell us more of your goddess along the way?"

Though she had never heard of an honest religion which did not allow its followers a name, in truth she had never heard of many religions at all. Still, she always keeps an eye out when meeting new strangers.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Bluff (to avoid appearing suspicious): 25 (take 10)

czieg
2014-07-25, 11:57 PM
Irori moves to follow the elf, only slightly put off by this strange tradition

"Indeed! Perhaps you can tell us more of your goddess along the way?"

Though she had never heard of an honest religion which did not allow its followers a name, in truth she had never heard of many religions at all. Still, she always keeps an eye out when meeting new strangers.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Bluff (to avoid appearing suspicious): 25 (take 10)

Dorian rolls his eyes at the actions of his new companion.
You are a perky one aren't you?

Anachronity
2014-07-26, 10:49 PM

Dorian rolls his eyes at the actions of his new companion.
You are a perky one aren't you?

Irori scowls, but an involuntary chuckle betrays her.
"We're looking for elves, how better to find them than by asking elves? I hear it's actually pretty uncommon to just stumble onto bloodthirsty cults."

She pauses thoughtfully, then adds
"If they want to take us in from the rain and show such hospitality, I won't object to hearing more about their goddess before we assume the worst."

"say 'better' if you want me to stall, say 'uncommon' if you think we should fight"

"If they're hostile then there's probably more of them hiding. We'll be better off indoors."

czieg
2014-07-26, 11:17 PM

Irori scowls, but an involuntary chuckle betrays her.
"We're looking for elves, how better to find them than by asking elves? I hear it's actually pretty uncommon to just stumble onto bloodthirsty cults."

She pauses thoughtfully, then adds
"If they want to take us in from the rain and show such hospitality, I won't object to hearing more about their goddess before we assume the worst."

"say 'better' if you want me to stall, say 'uncommon' if you think we should fight"

"If they're hostile then there's probably more of them hiding. We'll be better off indoors."

I guess you have a point there... I've learned however, that if you suspect the worst in people, you are often pleasantly surprised and yet ready if you are betrayed.
Dorian taps a small rhythm onto a table, ending with a small thumbs-up to Irori to show he has received the message.

Techwarrior
2014-08-02, 06:39 AM
The cloaked figure either misses the message or doesn't care enough to comment. Instead offering you shelter from the sharp wind and stinging rain inside the (ruined?) temple.

Stepping inside the shrine, one of your pack animals morphs into the shape of a human!

czieg
2014-08-02, 09:06 AM

This is what I mean! Dorian's chain is suddenly spinning quickly, he is ready to attack the moment either of the strangers if they attack.

Anachronity
2014-08-02, 10:26 AM

Expecting an ambush yet unprepared for this particular turn of events, Irori reflexively reaches for rapier and scroll even as her wits fail her.

"Uncommon!, Uncommon!-err, Alert!"

Techwarrior
2014-08-02, 02:21 PM
"Hold Friends! This is no mear brutish thug waiting to lay you low. Our holy sanctum is protected against the intrusion of shape-shifters, as we've had trouble with the local werewolf clans. Perhaps this one has an explanation for his taking a different form."

czieg
2014-08-02, 04:04 PM
"Hold Friends! This is no mear brutish thug waiting to lay you low. Our holy sanctum is protected against the intrusion of shape-shifters, as we've had trouble with the local werewolf clans. Perhaps this one has an explanation for his taking a different form."

I don't trust you just yet so maybe you could explain what kind of power we are talking here? Dorian's spiked chain is whistling as it spins, seemingly calling for blood.

blade artist
2014-08-02, 11:26 PM
John of the Golden Cross

John tries to stay calm at the sight of a horse now walking as a man, he had almost punched the man-horse. Still, he is visibly shaken from the small fright.

"I have half a mind now to put a fist through him. And what of this being a holy place? All I see is a ruined building and trail"

now might be a good time for knowledge: religion
[roll0]

Doomboy911
2014-08-03, 12:16 AM
Mad Jack Trades The Blackened.

Stepping through his magic fading him makes him trip for just a second,a swift smirk to hide a bit of surprise. "Can't even get a good spotlight for a entrance." A bout of sheer annoyance on his face and then swiftly waving his hand across his face that same smirk. He steps forward sure of himself, "Elf you have no idea how much a shapeshifting potion costs on what little pay I make. Why I'd have to slaughter a few dozen villages jst to get a potion like that."" With a flourish of his hands he produces a empty flask from nowhere,telle est la vie, je suppose." Still he moves forward towards John. The smirk fades, "Sorry to hear the bad news Johnny boy." he says as though he's only seen others act sympathetic, "Gotcha, flowers though and a hug."

[roll0]
[roll1]

I whisper in his ear. "Chase after me, but bring the elf and he's a dead man."

Stepping aside from him. "Welp, I think I've worn out my welcome and my magic tricks, oh wait I've got one more." A card slides from his sleeve and then a bright flash.

czieg
2014-08-03, 12:49 AM
Mad Jack Trades The Blackened.

Stepping through his magic fading him makes him trip for just a second,a swift smirk to hide a bit of surprise. "Can't even get a good spotlight for a entrance." A bout of sheer annoyance on his face and then swiftly waving his hand across his face that same smirk. He steps forward sure of himself, "Elf you have no idea how much a shapeshifting potion costs on what little pay I make. Why I'd have to slaughter a few dozen villages jst to get a potion like that."" With a flourish of his hands he produces a empty flask from nowhere,telle est la vie, je suppose." Still he moves forward towards John. The smirk fades, "Sorry to hear the bad news Johnny boy." he says as though he's only seen others act sympathetic, "Gotcha, flowers though and a hug."

[roll0]
[roll1]

I whisper in his ear. "Chase after me, but bring the elf and he's a dead man."

Stepping aside from him. "Welp, I think I've worn out my welcome and my magic tricks, oh wait I've got one more." A card slides from his sleeve and then a bright flash.

Mind giving me one god**** good reason not to turn you into minced meat? You just shapeshifted from one of the pack animals! Is there other spies with you? And what do you mean slaughter a few dozen villages?

Dorian is ready to kill this guy if he keeps joking around. If he doesn't get some answers, someone is probably gonna be bleeding soon.

Anachronity
2014-08-03, 06:14 PM

Still bewildered, Irori senses that her diplomatic skills are needed!

"Dorian, please, allow Prenigo to explain himself!"

Referring to the newcomer by the name of the animal he had just been, her words are directed as much to this stranger as to Dorian. If she realizes that this man likely has a different name than had been given the horse, she doesn't show it.

"I would also avoid casting more spells, since we don't yet know what other wards this place may have."

Diplomacy: [roll0]

czieg
2014-08-03, 06:40 PM

Still bewildered, Irori senses that her diplomatic skills are needed!

"Dorian, please, allow Prenigo to explain himself!"

Referring to the newcomer by the name of the animal he had just been, her words are directed as much to this stranger as to Dorian. If she realizes that this man likely has a different name than had been given the mule, she doesn't show it.

"I would also avoid casting more spells, since we don't yet know what other wards this place may have."

Dorian The Very ANGRY

Dorian let's his chain spin down before it finally stops. All right, fine. He has 2 minutes to convince me.

Doomboy911
2014-08-03, 10:23 PM
" Two minute eh? Nah, no need to explain you can't stop me. I'll be off, if you want a chance at restoring your balance you'll come chat with me. I'll be off."

czieg
2014-08-04, 07:34 AM
" Two minute eh? Nah, no need to explain you can't stop me. I'll be off, if you want a chance at restoring your balance you'll come chat with me. I'll be off."

Wait, what do you mean 'balence' what do you know?

Doomboy911
2014-08-04, 08:09 AM
"I was your horse for six hours remember, I know a lot of stuff about you guys. Like that guy farts and blames it on me." Staring one of the troops assistants dead in the face. "But you might mean knowing things are out of the balance, I've learned that the balance is out of order after that lovely blaze the other night, and if you mean knowing how to restore the balance. That's just a matter of knowing who to kill and when."

czieg
2014-08-04, 08:38 AM

Okay, you've made me decide to not kill you. Now what do you know about those attackers?

Doomboy911
2014-08-06, 12:01 PM
Mad Jack Trades the Blackened.

"I don't talk trade secrets in front of the elf." Jack then walks out .

czieg
2014-08-06, 12:14 PM

"I don't talk trade secrets in front of the elf." Jack then walks out .

I can agree with that, you coming Irori?

Anachronity
2014-08-06, 08:24 PM

Irori gives an "it's complicated" look to the elf.
"Yes, please pardon us."

czieg
2014-08-06, 09:03 PM

Irori gives an "it's complicated" look to the elf.
"Yes, please pardon us."

And you John?

Techwarrior
2014-08-08, 03:45 PM
The cloaked figure does not follow the group outside. John is pretty sure the cloaked person means that the area has been warded by a Hallow effect, tied with a spell that forces shapeshifters to their natural form.

blade artist
2014-08-08, 05:36 PM
John of the Golden Cross

"Yeah, I'll go. The place is pretty well protected. Still can't be to careful about shapeshifters, though."

John slowly ponders about what the mysterious and ominous man said to him as he steps outside.

Doomboy911
2014-08-09, 01:31 AM
MAD Jack Trades the Blackened

He walks along the road for a moment until he comes across a stick in the road, scoops it off the ground. Inspects the weight for a second then throws it wildly in the air. Once it lands he proceeds in the direction it went towards the woods.
For a while silence, not total silence but almost complete silence he whistles a jaunty little tune repeating a note or two then just ends it on one low note. Along the way he picks up a piece of wood or two gathering some firewood. Once he finds a suitable opening in the woods he drops the pile and reaches into his pocket producing a small flask. With a flick of his wrist the pile erupts in a spout of fire.

"So I know why you want me, let me tell you why you all need me."

From behind his back a deck of cards jump into his empty hand. "Pick a card any card you want." he has the deck facing the ground so no one can see the deck. "Don't show the card to each other just yourself and then put it back in the deck. If I can tell what card you all have then you desperately need me."

Out of character.
Ok so the rules for drawing cards.

1d4 for a suit then 1d12 for the card. We'll have the dm roll out of the game to prevent me from doing any cheating and then message you all what card you got.

Anachronity
2014-08-09, 05:28 PM
...If I can tell what card you all have then you desperately need me...

"Makes sense!" Irori reaches enthusiastically for a card, but then momentarily pauses as if she expects the stranger to pull the cards away at the last second. She then takes her card, looks at it, smile widely, and places it back in the deck.

blade artist
2014-08-10, 11:38 AM
John of the Golden Cross

John looks around at the scenery before leveling his gaze at the trickster, visibly distrusting of him and his cards. Begrudgingly, he reaches out and pulls a card gently out of the shapeshifter's hands. Looking at the card, his eyes flit back to the man to make sure he's still there. John then slides the card back a bit off to the side of where he plucked it from.

"So what at all does this have to do with needing you. I've seen a few card sharks down at the docks. Heck, one of them WAS a shark."

czieg
2014-08-12, 07:58 PM
Dorian reluctantly draws a card and then replaces it.

I will not be able to post for unknown amount of time, I have not abandoned you!

Doomboy911
2014-08-14, 11:36 PM

He takes a slow deep breath and a longer sigh, the cards vanish up his sleeve as he brushes a bit of dirt from his shoulder."This is why you need me. You can't spot a setup or someone to fool you. More importantly none of you know how to cheat." He reaches down into his boots and pulls out a solitary card. Oh yeah forgot to introduce my self, names Jack of spades. He says showing the Jack of spades not asking if it is your card but telling you because he knows it's your card.

czieg
2014-08-15, 07:32 PM

He takes a slow deep breath and a longer sigh, the cards vanish up his sleeve as he brushes a bit of dirt from his shoulder."This is why you need me. You can't spot a setup or someone to fool you. More importantly none of you know how to cheat." He reaches down into his boots and pulls out a solitary card. Oh yeah forgot to introduce my self, names Jack of spades. He says showing the Jack of spades not asking if it is your card but telling you because he knows it's your card.

Dorian Shadowchain of the Blademasters, if we need you, why didn't you approach us before now?

Doomboy911
2014-08-19, 09:45 PM

"Well I'm a man who likes to find a sign and a good entrance. Honestly I wasn't going to rear my magnificent little head for another few hours." He speaks as though he's said it a hundred times over an actor who has learned his lines. "I've done a bit of my homework and figured the best opportunity to speak with you all would be when you were by yourselves especially with a traitor in your ranks. That's why you need me someone that neither side expects to see and won't see. If you do things right.Can you do things right?" The last words aren't like the rest it's like a child who stops playing a game and starts trying to be understood. He's not playing around.

czieg
2014-08-20, 05:23 AM

Alright, but I will keep an eye on you.

Anachronity
2014-08-20, 05:21 PM

Her face as innocent as that of a newborn child, Irori says:

"This all seems a bit strange, but I don't mind traveling with someone who can make an ass of himself."

czieg
2014-08-20, 05:35 PM

Her face as innocent as that of a newborn child, Irori says:

"This all seems a bit strange, but I don't mind traveling with someone who can make an ass of himself."

Dorian's face scrunches up for a moment before slowly widening into a huge smile.

Doomboy911
2014-08-20, 11:51 PM
There's a bit of a wince just a bit of one then a small smile."Well I have to pony up I'm really one for horsing around and honestly with my gifts lets not look a gift horse in the mouth." he's smiling and then it's gone then he shoves Shadowchain "What do you think you can take me on? " staring him cold in the eyes then swiftly winks in an eye.

czieg
2014-08-21, 05:21 AM
There's a bit of a wince just a bit of one then a small smile."Well I have to pony up I'm really one for horsing around and honestly with my gifts lets not look a gift horse in the mouth." he's smiling and then it's gone then he shoves Shadowchain "What do you think you can take me on? " staring him cold in the eyes then swiftly winks in an eye.
You claim we need you so, we can wait for that match up. The swordsage's stare matches that of the strange joker.

Techwarrior
2014-08-25, 10:31 PM
The stranger opens the door to the ruined(?) temple. What is inside tells an entirely different story than the ruin outside. The interior is clearly inhabited, and furnished richly, if simply. A solid wooden table stands in the center of the small, earthy first room. A stone fireplace with a small fire keeps the room heated as the wind whips the door open the rest of the way. The cloaked figure, who in the slightly better light of the room, you can tell has long brown hair and pale skin, moves to latch the door closed.

"I've heard of this group of Elves before, and in fact was once part of it a century or so ago. What is it you want from them?"

czieg
2014-08-26, 05:18 AM
We need allies to help us fight against demons and devils so we can retrieve what they stole.

Anachronity
2014-08-26, 03:54 PM
We need allies to help us fight against demons and devils so we can retrieve what they stole.

"The Order of Light has been ruthlessly attacked by one or more malcontents. We were hoping we could count on these elves to aid us in tracking down the perpetrators. We would also certainly appreciate assistance in apprehending them."

Irori looks to Dorian and nods.
"Demons and other fiends were employed in the attack, leaving little doubt as to the integrity of the attackers. The goal seems to have been to steal a medallion: an artifact which was being studied by our organization and as of yet we know little about."

blade artist
2014-08-26, 09:50 PM
John of the Golden Cross

"Well despite what we know of the attackers and the amulet itself, we do know that it had merit enough to proceed with a demonic incursion. So its likely of two things, either something that we can use or something we can destroy."

Aster walks over and stands leisurely beside the new shapeshifting "companion" in their troop. He starts with a soft voice meant only for the trickster.

(Whispers to Jack)
"Who are you really? And for what do you give me of all people condolences?" Aster utters in a disgruntled tone.

Techwarrior
2014-08-31, 11:33 AM
The stranger was just getting some tea ready to drink, and was about to offer some when Irori mentions the medallion being stolen. He blanches, and quickly drinks an entire glass of the tea before pouring a second one and offering some to the others. It smells vaguely alcoholic.

"If someone has taken the medallion, then this is very serious indeed. I have some connections to the Hunters of Ehryan of which you speak, a few old favours. I could definitely see what I can do about trying to get them to side with you. There would be a small matter of you owing me a favor though, but luckily I already have the favor in mind and it shouldn't take too long for members of the Order of Light to take care of."

czieg
2014-08-31, 02:30 PM
The stranger was just getting some tea ready to drink, and was about to offer some when Irori mentions the medallion being stolen. He blanches, and quickly drinks an entire glass of the tea before pouring a second one and offering some to the others. It smells vaguely alcoholic.

"If someone has taken the medallion, then this is very serious indeed. I have some connections to the Hunters of Ehryan of which you speak, a few old favours. I could definitely see what I can do about trying to get them to side with you. There would be a small matter of you owing me a favor though, but luckily I already have the favor in mind and it shouldn't take too long for members of the Order of Light to take care of."

Dorian Shadowchain the Tea-Disliker
Dorian smells the tea and sets it back on the table I'll pass on tea. What kind of favor are we talking here?

Techwarrior
2014-08-31, 04:58 PM
The elf brings back his hood and looks the party over.

"Well, as brought up by your shapeshifting friend, we've a bit of a werewolf problem. Specifically, there's a small village nearby that's been suffering from werewolf attacks. I'm not as young as I used to be, and can't really help them. If you could find the werewolves, and bring their rampage to an end, I would be willing to call in my favours and get the aid you seek against this theft."

czieg
2014-08-31, 05:05 PM
The elf brings back his hood and looks the party over.

"Well, as brought up by your shapeshifting friend, we've a bit of a werewolf problem. Specifically, there's a small village nearby that's been suffering from werewolf attacks. I'm not as young as I used to be, and can't really help them. If you could find the werewolves, and bring their rampage to an end, I would be willing to call in my favours and get the aid you seek against this theft."

Dorian Shadowchain the New Werewolf Hunter
Do you have silver for us?

Techwarrior
2014-09-01, 12:52 AM
The elven stranger frowns slightly.

"I do indeed, but not all that much. I have a dagger and sickle that are silvered, and a vial or two of silversheen. The hard part shouldn't be taking the werewolf down, the hard part will be figuring out who the werewolf is."

czieg
2014-09-01, 07:17 AM
The elven stranger frowns slightly.

"I do indeed, but not all that much. I have a dagger and sickle that are silvered, and a vial or two of silversheen. The hard part shouldn't be taking the werewolf down, the hard part will be figuring out who the werewolf is."

Oh, so when we fight, we can't fight to kill? S***.

Anachronity
2014-09-02, 09:24 PM

Irori considers the problem while absentmindedly accepting the tea.

"That certainly seems like the sort of problem the Order would want solved in any case, but I feel there is an issue of priority here. I will help on the condition that your aid is proffered immediately, rather than after the problem is solved."

Irori looks to her companions to get a sense of whether this is a point they feel as strongly about.

"I think it would also be a good thing to know more about what we're up against: how many werewolves are there, and is there anyone we can trust to aid us in finding them out?"

Techwarrior
2014-09-05, 12:05 PM
The stranger nods.

"My aid will be carried as fast as the wind moves. I am not quite sure how many werewolves there are out there, but there are not many. Maybe a handful. You can definitely expect the village priest to be helpful to your cause, he's not much though, a very old man now. I knew him almost a century ago when he was young and adventurous, and he doesn't age so well as I."

The storm seems like it is getting calmer outside. Perhaps the wind was so bad that it's blown past?

Anachronity
2014-09-09, 06:27 PM

Irori takes the silvered dagger, still holding the cup of tea in her other hand. She stows the dagger away, intending to properly fasten it later.

"That's good enough for me, I suppose. I can't say I've ever seen a werewolf before..."

She moves to leave, then realizes she doesn't yet know where the village is. She looks questioningly at the elf.

Techwarrior
2014-09-10, 01:06 AM
The elf gives you directions to the village. It's only a few hours walk through obvious forest trails. Anyone can follow the directions without checks.

Doomboy911
2014-09-15, 04:06 PM
There's a hat made of blackened straw in the middle of the road with a card in it.

czieg
2014-09-15, 05:11 PM
There's a hat made of blackened straw in the middle of the road with a card in it.

Dorian Shadowchain

Dorian walks past it without looking.

blade artist
2014-09-16, 08:40 AM
John of the Golden Cross

John stops just before the the hat, staring at it for a minute. He then decides to lightly kick it aside for reminding him of the shapeshifter.

Techwarrior
2014-09-16, 04:58 PM
The group continues on towards the village as directed by the strange man in the equally strange ruin. Night is coming soon, and the rain is persistent, and occasionally a bit too much to proceed, but the group makes it to the village before night truly falls in the woods.

(Jack may enter the scene whenever)

The town is quite small, only a handful of small buildings. There is a church, several houses, and what looks like a tavern. The church is dedicated to Ehryan.

Doomboy911
2014-09-16, 05:09 PM
Mad Jack Trades the Blackened

Jack comes up from behind, hat on and a scowl. A man does his best for a entrance and can't even get notice. Meh if things keep up this way I'll just start stabbing folks in the back that'll teach ya. So I've got a question for you if any of you are willing to notice."

czieg
2014-09-16, 05:44 PM
Mad Jack Trades the Blackened

Jack comes up from behind, hat on and a scowl. A man does his best for a entrance and can't even get notice. Meh if things keep up this way I'll just start stabbing folks in the back that'll teach ya. So I've got a question for you if any of you are willing to notice."

Dorian Shadowchain

Will you keep the jokes and card tricks out of it?

Doomboy911
2014-09-16, 07:18 PM

"I got three questions. The first two. Do you trust the old elf and two do you trust me?"

Anachronity
2014-09-16, 07:35 PM

"I apologize if we're somewhat dismissive of you, but as I'm sure you know we're here on important business as representatives of the Order of Light. Either you aren't treating this seriously enough, or you are being serious and you're a murderer. Either way, I don't see why we have any reason to trust you."

As she lectures you on being serious, you can't help but sense some hypocrisy. Nevertheless, it clearly concerns her that you might not be joking about the murder part.

"After you left, the elf asked us to rid the town of a werewolf problem. I hope you don't mind if I first ask you whether your question concerns that topic. I see no reason to trust him, but also no reason not to trust him."

EDIT: (you posted while I was still typing, darn you!)

czieg
2014-09-16, 07:42 PM

"I got three questions. The first two. Do you trust the old elf and two do you trust me?"

Dorian Shadowchain

Maybe, no.

Techwarrior
2014-09-18, 11:53 PM
As the group continues to converse, a very young girl comes out from behind one of the trees, slingshot in hand.

"Dis is the territory of Oden and Marissa's Grand Mercanary Corp! Surrender now."

This is quickly followed by a groan in one of the bushes as a prepubescent male voice says.

"Aw, I thought we were going with MO's Raiders."

"Hush Oden, you don't want to give away your position. Anyway, uh... I forgot. Who are you guys anyway, you look... tough. Are you here to help find my mommy?"

czieg
2014-09-19, 08:50 AM
As the group continues to converse, a very young girl comes out from behind one of the trees, slingshot in hand.

"Dis is the territory of Oden and Marissa's Grand Mercanary Corp! Surrender now."

This is quickly followed by a groan in one of the bushes as a prepubescent male voice says.

"Aw, I thought we were going with MO's Raiders."

"Hush Oden, you don't want to give away your position. Anyway, uh... I forgot. Who are you guys anyway, you look... tough. Are you here to help find my mommy?"

Dorian Shadowchain

Dorian un-slings his spiked chain but doesn't go into a combat stance (yet.) Do you really want to do this? You seem like you don't.
Dorian listens to see if he can pin-point 'Odin.'

Draw spiked chain
Listen: [roll0]

Anachronity
2014-09-19, 12:10 PM

stifling a chuckle, Irori mutters to Dorian

"Careful, they have us outmaneuvered!"

With an involuntary smile, she speaks dramatically to the small mercenary.

"We are warriors of the Order of Light!" she says with a grand flourish. "We have come to rid this land of foul beasts, and will not be denied passage!"

Techwarrior
2014-09-19, 12:59 PM
Both kids are taken aback, Oden so much that he falls out of his bush, revealing the pot helmet he is wearing on his head (literally a pot). He tries to make a joke about it, but you can tell he's quite impressed.

"Whoa, you guys are Order of Light. That's like waaaay above my paygrade M."

Marissa on the other hand, is excited.

"You guys MUST be here to find my mommy!!! Yippee! How do we start?! I wanna help! I'm HELPING!"

Anachronity
2014-09-21, 12:39 PM

More somberly, Irori addresses the young girl

"We'll keep an eye out for her, but that's not what we're here for... We can't let you come with us, it might be dangerous."

She pauses to give an apologetic look to the girl.

"Once we've dealt with the monsters, we'll help you find your mother. Until then, we have to make sure that other little girls don't lose their mommies."

I'll take 10 with Naberius for any further diplomacy rolls, for a result of 30.

Doomboy911
2014-09-22, 12:15 AM

Thrumming his fingers and pinching the bridge of his nose. A slow sigh gritting through his teeth as his face scrunches up into utter annoyance. Than he pops "Ok boys and girls, gals and pals time for a trust exercise. I'm going to rip off a portion of my hat and stain it with my blood for scrying purposes. I'm then very patiently going to lead these delightful children out to those nice elves with the very annoying enchantment and convince them to watch over them. I'll then ask the no named elf running the joint to send a letter to you all very quickly to confirm that I have been kind enough to perform this act. If I don't and do something awful then you won't get a letter and you'll have my blood and portion of my personal effects that you could hunt me down to the ends of the earth and waste me like ash in the wind. Sound fair? Or will we play nanny to two little confusing kids."

czieg
2014-09-22, 08:37 AM
Dorian Shadowchain

How about this, we all take them to the town now, and see if they are recognized. We can decide what to do from there. I don't think they live out here, not looking like that. Dorian still doesn't like the strange 'Mad Jack.' He wants to keep him in sight at all times.

blade artist
2014-09-22, 11:48 AM
John of the Golden Cross

"But why should we even trust you to go that way? You made it pretty clear thateven you don't trust that elf."

John wonders a bit about what the children said.

"What do you mean that we'd be here to find your mommy? Did someone call for the order of light?"

Techwarrior
2014-09-27, 02:28 PM
Oden looks down, clearly ashamed when the question is put to the girl. (The Order of Light one)

Oden has the look of someone who's 'little white lie' has just become a bit bigger than he'd planned.

Marissa on the other hand, just gets excited.

"Yes, duh! Why else would you be here other than to find my mommy? I've been living with Oden's family since my mommy disappeared, so we don't need no fancy elves taking care of- Wait! You mean a real elf, like they tell in stories? Do they really have the voices of trees and dance with fauns"

czieg
2014-09-27, 04:52 PM
Oden looks down, clearly ashamed when the question is put to the girl. (The Order of Light one)

Oden has the look of someone who's 'little white lie' has just become a bit bigger than he'd planned.

Marissa on the other hand, just gets excited.

"Yes, duh! Why else would you be here other than to find my mommy? I've been living with Oden's family since my mommy disappeared, so we don't need no fancy elves taking care of- Wait! You mean a real elf, like they tell in stories? Do they really have the voices of trees and dance with fauns"

Sense Motive: [roll0]
We were not sent here to look for your mother, but we will do our best to find her. Dorian puts a comforting hand on Marissa's head.

Techwarrior
2014-09-29, 01:32 AM
You're pretty sure he saw something on the ground that was interesting.

Marissa is at first saddened to hear you aren't hear to look for her, but at the offer to do so anyway she leaps up with excitement.

"Yippee! How do we start? What can I do to help?"

Anachronity
2014-10-01, 10:34 PM

It occurs to Irori that sometimes children notice things that adults do not.

"Marissa, I want this to be clear: you two will not follow us, you will not look for her by yourselves, and most importantly... you will not repeat what I'm about to ask you to anyone else... "

Irori is direct with her words, making sure the young girl understands them clearly. She searches for signs of confusion before going on.

"... Have you noticed anyone acting strangely? Anyone who has been very tired, hasn't been eating normally, or has just been acting strangely?"

Techwarrior
2014-10-01, 11:57 PM
Marissa begins to list all of the things a six year old finds weird and unusual. (The neighbor lady had 2 pieces of toast, Farmer Dan and his wife weren't at home the other afternoon, the bartender braided his beard differently, etc.)

Oden however, understands what you actually mean.

"Everybody is always tired this time of year, what with all of the worry about the harvest and whatnot. There's been a bit extra speculation about star charts, but other than that I can't really think of much. The village priest has taken ill though. Nobody knows what it the disease is, but he's bedridden these days."

Marissa doesn't know this, but everyone's worried about the werewolf. Our village priest is sick, and we don't know why.

czieg
2014-10-02, 06:51 AM
Marissa begins to list all of the things a six year old finds weird and unusual. (The neighbor lady had 2 pieces of toast, Farmer Dan and his wife weren't at home the other afternoon, the bartender braided his beard differently, etc.)

Oden however, understands what you actually mean.

"Everybody is always tired this time of year, what with all of the worry about the harvest and whatnot. There's been a bit extra speculation about star charts, but other than that I can't really think of much. The village priest has taken ill though. Nobody knows what it the disease is, but he's bedridden these days."

Marissa doesn't know this, but everyone's worried about the werewolf. Our village priest is sick, and we don't know why.

How about we go meet your priest so we can learn more then.

Techwarrior
2014-10-04, 03:44 PM
Marissa rolls her eyes and heads off with her slingshot, going 'squirrel hunting.' She claims to be the Grand Marissa, Hunter and Explorer Extraordinaire.

Oden somberly leads the party to the small town, and towards the cathedral.

As he mentioned earlier, everyone is worried and hushed. No one is outside that doesn't need to be in the adult world, and they all rush to get whatever they need to do done.

The cathedral is another story, a large handful of commonfolk praying fervently to whichever god they hold as their patron.

There is a woman in religious garb walking around and consoling people. It is to this person that Oden leads you. She seems disapproving just from her posture.

"They need to see the priest."

"They can't. He's sick."

czieg
2014-10-04, 08:21 PM
Marissa rolls her eyes and heads off with her slingshot, going 'squirrel hunting.' She claims to be the Grand Marissa, Hunter and Explorer Extraordinaire.

Oden somberly leads the party to the small town, and towards the cathedral.

As he mentioned earlier, everyone is worried and hushed. No one is outside that doesn't need to be in the adult world, and they all rush to get whatever they need to do done.

The cathedral is another story, a large handful of commonfolk praying fervently to whichever god they hold as their patron.

There is a woman in religious garb walking around and consoling people. It is to this person that Oden leads you. She seems disapproving just from her posture.

"They need to see the priest."

"They can't. He's sick."

We know, that is what we want to talk about.

Techwarrior
2014-10-10, 03:33 AM
The stern lady finally notices your Order of Light brooches, and rolls her eyes.

"I guess there's no stopping you. He's in the bedroom upstairs. Oden, lead them up there."

Oden proceeds to lead you into the small upstairs bedroom. The first thing you notice is a ridiculously loud snore coming from in the room. What looks like a former washbasin has been filled with a burning fire, keeping the room incredibly warm for as wet and cold as it is outside. The edges of the room are filled with bookshelves on all manner of subjects, in all manner of tongues. There is exactly one window, and it's a small one in a corner of the room by a cot. Unsurprisingly, there is no light emanating from it with the cloud cover. In the cot an incredibly old man slumbers. It is this man you have been sent to see. It is this man that the snoring emanates from.

czieg
2014-10-10, 07:26 AM
Awaken priest, the order of light is here. Dorian says loudly, the man doesn't seem sick...

Techwarrior
2014-10-14, 04:21 PM
As the man rolls over and opens his eyes, you can see why he was left to sleep. Something haunts this man terribly, or at least makes him unable to sleep. He has incredibly deep bags under his eyes from sleep issues. His face is incredibly pale, and slightly green. His voice comes out as a painful, sleepy rasp.

"What is it child? Something troubles you."

Sense Motive checks would be in order.

Anachronity
2014-11-07, 01:45 AM

Irori recoils slightly
"I, err... are you sure there's not something bothering you?"

"I mean to say, we're here to help on behalf of the Order of Light. We've heard that there are unnatural happenings around here, and we would appreciate any information you could give us."