PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Duskblade + Sandshaper

Smorgonoffz
2014-06-19, 06:17 PM
Does a duskblade that goes into the Sandshaper prc, add to his spell list the spells gained trough desert insight?

Ps: not an optimization question, just bout rules.

Xerlith
2014-06-19, 07:23 PM
Yes. It is explicitly stated:

If you are a spontaneous caster (such as a sorcerer), these spells are available to you like any other spell you know.

You get them in addition to your normal spells known -that's what makes Sandshaper such a good dip for a spontaneous caster.

Smorgonoffz
2014-06-20, 02:26 AM
@Xerlith: Thanks

Any other prc tha add spells for spontaneous caster?

m149307
2014-06-20, 02:39 AM
While this isnt a prc, i would recommend for you to take this (http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-divine--56/arcane-disciple--92/).

Jeff the Green
2014-06-20, 02:59 AM
Also Fiend-Blooded (HoH, requires nongood, only [fire], illusion, enchantment, or necromancy), Recaster (RoE, requires being a changeling), Wyrm Wizard (DrM, requires being able to prepare spells), and Unseen Seer (CM, requires un-duskbladey skills, only divination) can all get you spells that aren't on your list.

I'd only consider Fiend-Blooded for a Duskblade. Its requirements aren't that onerous and the other class features, while not enough to make sticking out all 10 levels (or even 9, 'cause the 10th sucks) with low BAB, aren't bad. Four levels will get you two extra spells known, +1 natural armor, +1 Charisma, resistance to poison, and the ability to increase the damage a spell does by 4 + Charisma modifier 1/day (whoopee), all for the cost of 1 Fortitude and 2 BAB.

I'd go Duskblade 13/Sandshaper 1/Fiendblooded 4/Something 2, personally.