PDA

View Full Version : OOTS #418 - The Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Ariko
2007-02-24, 10:16 PM
I hadnt heard the term junk as a euphamism of genitalia, but it was obvious to me once they started talking aboiut size..I blame Futurama for me understanding! specificly the episode with the Miss Universe p[ageant :biggrin:

Rhuna_Coppermane
2007-02-24, 10:51 PM
:biggrin: My daughter and I giggled all though that one. Yes, we are twelve, and man, that was funny. Junk... heh heh. Package... ROFL.

Astro_Fez
2007-02-24, 10:57 PM
Hehe, that was great. Normally I can't stand these kind of jokes but you made it work so well. By the end I was giggling like a little schoolgirl.

Rusty
2007-02-24, 11:00 PM
This just really wasn't the comic for me. :(

EpeeGnome
2007-02-24, 11:13 PM
The repitition quickly moved my reaction from mildly amused to groaning. It was with a sense of relief that I realized that the 2'nd to last panel was not going to be yet another 'junk' joke. Except it was the same joke, and that's what really made me bust out laughing.

At first I thought the Giant switched from yacht to junk because junk itsself has two meanings so I didn't get that it was actually a triple entendre for about 10 Minutes (two meanings for the innocent kids and the hidden third for the adults, right?^^).

Although I can think of several meanings of 'junk,' I can see only 2 as applicable here: Asian boat, and male... parts.

Did anyone else notice that some of the ships were facing the city? Shouldn't they be escaping, and therefore facing the ocean?

They all seem to be facing away from the city to me. While their sails seem to be at random angles (perhaps implying that they aren't moving), the hulls of the boats are all pointing away from the city. Some just have high stern castles. (I think thats the proper nautical term.)

EntilZha
2007-02-24, 11:16 PM
I hadnt heard the term junk as a euphamism of genitalia, but it was obvious to me once they started talking aboiut size..I blame Futurama for me understanding! specificly the episode with the Miss Universe p[ageant :biggrin:

I had only previously heard the term used to describe the posterior size of certain women (e.g. Jennifer Lopez), as in "She's got some junk in that trunk!"

DrivinAllNight
2007-02-24, 11:18 PM
I got to this one late, but this was such good comedy, and Belkar was just phenomenal at the end:smalltongue:

Ampersand
2007-02-25, 01:11 AM
That's too bad you think that way.

Yeah, I'm told that quite a lot on this board.

It must keep you from laughing at a lot of stuff.

Not paritcularly. At least, not that I've noticed.

Like Solara, I thought this was hilarious, but I stand corrected since you've pointed out the obvious rule of comedy that repetition is NOT FUNNY.

Wow, I'm more persuasive than I thought.

Now that you mention it, you're completely right: no modern comedians have ever used repetition as a comedic device! Does George Carlin know about this? How about David Letterman? Johnny Carson's zombie?

You're delibratly twisting what I'm saying here. There's a difference between repetition and routine. George Carlin doing his 7 Words, Place for Your Stuff, and Euphamisms bits at every show this year is a routine and is perfectly fine. George Carlin doing nothing but 7 Words for an hour...in other words, the same content, over and over...would be repetition, and by the end of it he'd probably be doing it to an empty house.

In terms of OotS, Explosive Runes is a routine. 418 is repetition, the exact same content stretched out over ten panels.

(Nitpicking about how the ten panels are in fact not exactly the same in 3...2...1...)

I present you with living proof that you can infact make a very simple joke 2 dozen times and not only does it a good strip make but one of the single most acclaimed moments in Tv. The Sideshow Bob rake scene.

That particular scene is "small grin"-worthy at best, but sets up a very good scene in a later Sideshow Bob episode:

Bob: "Rakes...my archnemesis..."
Bart: "Wait, I thought I was your archnemesis?
Bob: "I do have a life outside of you, Bart."

Oh, wait, I'm sorry...I forgot to say that in my opinion it's a very good scene.

As for weather you were speaking obviously in opinion. No you weren't the "not a good strip make" alone...

And, by that standard, nor were you when you unilateralty declared the rake scene one of the "single most acclaimed" TV moments? Where are you citations for that? What experts are willing to attest to that? Do you have a university study that's passed peer review?

If not, how then can you criticize me for a relatively minor phrasing error that you committed yourself?

Nightmarenny
2007-02-25, 01:22 AM
Thing is I wasn't attemting to state an opinion. Do I have proof? No, but you can go to a simpsons forum find a "greatest moments" thread and see how much it comes up.

Tobimaro
2007-02-25, 01:53 AM
I too enjoyed this strip. The thought of someone handling Hinjo's junk was almost too much for me.

And once again, Belkar gets the best lines. :smallbiggrin:

SpartacusThe2nd
2007-02-25, 02:09 AM
I didn;t get the junk irony all the time.

Neofite
2007-02-25, 02:26 AM
That was great!!!

Blackmoore
2007-02-25, 02:36 AM
This strip left me confused... in a funny way

Ave
2007-02-25, 02:44 AM
Ok, i didn't get this, for me junk always meant waste.
Or a chinese boat.

Unless junk meant this particular strip, i don't get it :)

pendell
2007-02-25, 02:49 AM
*Yawn*

I'm assuming the point of this strip was to introduce the boat so that, when it proves to be a pivotal point later, we will have some foreshadowing.

The humor ... well, I've dealt with junior high kids after they've just discovered all the words the adults know and think repeating them over and over is the height of humor.

I'm marking this one as below average.

So when does the fight start, anyway?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

rgoodfellow
2007-02-25, 03:27 AM
I'm just glad Belkar go in that comment at the end or that would have been one helluva a boring read.

Great work on 417, though, that one stuck with me for a while. As for going 180, yes, yes, you did. This one I will probably not be rereading any time soon.

SmartAlec
2007-02-25, 06:02 AM
I don't care about the inneuendo, but one joke repeated two dozen times does not a good strip make.

I was under the impression that it's all one joke. The humour is not solely in the repetition of the naughty word - it's also in watching the characters and wondering exactly how long it'll take before the penny drops and their brain catches up with their mouths.

I got a chuckle out of imagining an off-camera scene a few moments after this strip, with either Hinjo realising what he's been saying and trying to keep his dignity, or no-one realising what they're saying, with the exception of one guard, who's desperately trying to hold in his laughter.

Is there such a thing as a joke made by inferral? I think there is.

Thanatos
2007-02-25, 06:03 AM
Step One: cut a hole in a box. Step Two: put your junk in a box...
Earlier today I had no idea what exactly that was a reference to, besides guessing from context.

Just now, I randomly stumbled across this elsewhere:
http://www.funnyjunk.com/movies/544/SNL+A+Special+Box/

Gotta love synchronicity.

Selv
2007-02-25, 06:33 AM
I got a chuckle out of imagining an off-camera scene a few moments after this strip, with either Hinjo realising what he's been saying and trying to keep his dignity, or no-one realising what they're saying, with the exception of one guard, who's desperately trying to hold in his laughter.

Pontius Pilate: What about you? Do you find it wisible when I say the name... 'Biggus'...
[chuckle]
Pontius Pilate: ... Dickus?

OK, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!

Thanatos
2007-02-25, 07:31 AM
Source, please? (Seafood source? :smallbiggrin: )
It's just the lyrics to AC/DC's song Big Balls.

Here's another song, by The Bloodhound Gang this time, which has more euphemisms and innuendo than anyone could need (much less want)...

Vulcanize the whoopee stick
In the ham wallet

Cattle prod the oyster ditch
With the lap rocket

Batter dip the cranny ax
In the gut locker

Retrofit the pudding hatch
Ooh la la
With the boink swatter

If I get you in the loop when I make a point to be straight with you then
In lieu of the innuendo in the end you know my intent though
I brazillian wax poetic so hypothetically
I don't wanna beat around the bush

Foxtrot Unifrom Charlie Kilo
Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo

Marinate the nether rod
In the squish mitten

Power drill the yippee bog
With the dude piston

Pressure wash the quiver bone
In the fish wrinkle

Cannonball the fiddle cove
Ooh la la
With the pork steeple

If I get you in the loop when I make a point to be straight with you then
In lieu of the innuendo in the end you know my intent though
I brazillian wax poetic so hypothetically
I don't wanna beat around the bush

Foxtrot Unifrom Charlie Kilo
Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo

Put the you know what, in the you know where
pronto

SmartAlec
2007-02-25, 07:46 AM
OK, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!

That was EXACTLY what I had in mind, so no need to apologise. :smallsmile:

Adeptus
2007-02-25, 07:56 AM
This thread has propably gone beyond any serious comments a long time ago.

Still, I found it a bit jarring to see the samurai chick with her huge shield. It just looked wrong. The japaniese never really "got" shields. It's a major difference between the samurai gear and that of the rest of the world.

The samurai woman holding a katana and a large western knight's shield just looks utterly wrong.

[I know it's all fantasy, but katana & shield is just wrong]

bosssmiley
2007-02-25, 08:46 AM
Let's test your theory:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/Atlarge/dongle.png

Hmmm, less geeky reference than Rich, but the image of a glossolalic, phalic-fixated Belkar will now remain with me haunt my nightmares for the rest of my days.

This image has great and disturbing WIN! all over it. :smallbiggrin:

All episode #410 needed for true immortality was someone hitting a huge temple bell (accompanied of course by a massive DONG! sound effect). :smallcool:

Vampire_Boy
2007-02-25, 09:03 AM
Let's test your theory:

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!

Ave
2007-02-25, 11:35 AM
Haha, this is what Rich gets when going onto swampy ground.
I hope there won't be mass banishments :)

dragongirl13
2007-02-25, 11:45 AM
Blech... need to soak my brain in acid now...

Anyway, I love the Star Wars reference.

Cleverdan22
2007-02-25, 12:21 PM
Heh. This one cracked me up.

BioJess
2007-02-25, 01:37 PM
Ok, I just had to throw in today's Toothpaste for dinner (http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/022507/pander-to-nerds.gif). Perhaps the artist is an OotS fan?

zombie chick
2007-02-25, 02:25 PM

that makes me see that comic strip in a whole new light, and it also makes it a lot funnier.

i personally cant wait for the battle, the prebattle stuff is always a little tedious. in sure rich wont disappoint us

MReav
2007-02-25, 02:27 PM
Hmmm, less geeky reference than Rich, but the image of a glossolalic, phalic-fixated Belkar will now remain with me haunt my nightmares for the rest of my days.

This image has great and disturbing WIN! all over it. :smallbiggrin:

Oh I'm sure there's a way to Rule 34 it into an even more disturbing image.

DrowWolfrider
2007-02-25, 03:21 PM
That was just funny and wrong on so many levels.
I laughed the whole time.:biggrin:
:belkar:'s star wars refrence was great to.

Estelindis
2007-02-25, 03:39 PM
"Yes sir, I handled your package personally".
For Hinjo's sake, we can only hope she handled it with care.

Also, comparing Lien's mien in the 5th panel with that in the 1st to last panel, could it be that Lien got a tad jealous? Just a thought.
I thought the same thing, actually.

skinkatlarge
2007-02-25, 05:24 PM
Speaking of synchronicity, I ran across this the same day 418 came out. Warning: Only click this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Cgd4magC4&feature=PlayList&p=C68038884A510AA8&index=7) if you enjoyed #418. It... must be work-appropriate, since it is a clip from an actual children's show that aired in the UK... but...

I wasn't sure if it would be on-topic, but it is certainly closely related to Friday's strip.

TheOtherMC
2007-02-25, 05:27 PM
Speaking of synchronicity, I ran across this the same day 418 came out. Warning: Only click this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Cgd4magC4&feature=PlayList&p=C68038884A510AA8&index=7) if you enjoyed #418. It... must be work-appropriate, since it is a clip from an actual children's show that aired in the UK... but...

I wasn't sure if it would be on-topic, but it is certainly closely related to Friday's strip.

wow............

Senko
2007-02-25, 05:33 PM
Oh dear god its like a train wreck horrible but you can't look away. I will not be the only one subjected to this I am going to find a way to save it and show it people at club tonight let them suffer the brain bleach.

Thanatos
2007-02-25, 06:44 PM

Even without checking the link, I know what you're talking about... the "Twanger" sketch.

It was made by the cast and crew of the show, but only for their own amusement. It did end up airing, but only later as a bit in a risque variety show, not as a regular episode of Rainbow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_%28TV_series%29#The_.27adult.27_version

Still, I found it a bit jarring to see the samurai chick with her huge shield. It just looked wrong. The japaniese never really "got" shields. It's a major difference between the samurai gear and that of the rest of the world.

The samurai woman holding a katana and a large western knight's shield just looks utterly wrong.

[I know it's all fantasy, but katana & shield is just wrong]Well if you want to get real, a katana is a two-handed sword, and intended to be used that way. D&D just handles them as an alternate version of a bastard sword for mechanics purposes.

The prime reason the Japanese didn't use much metal armor is because they were iron-poor. When you're doing such things as smelting river sand for it's iron content, you'll take the usage of that resource pretty seriously.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katana#Comparisons_with_swords_of_other_cultures

Roderick_BR
2007-02-25, 07:38 PM
This thread has propably gone beyond any serious comments a long time ago.

[I know it's all fantasy, but katana & shield is just wrong]
:miko: What is this... Japan, you speak of?

Just kidding. Yeah, looks weird, but they are paladins after all. It's part of their class abilities :smalltongue:

skinkatlarge
2007-02-25, 07:59 PM
Even without checking the link, I know what you're talking about... the "Twanger" sketch.

It was made by the cast and crew of the show, but only for their own amusement. It did end up airing, but only later as a bit in a risque variety show, not as a regular episode of Rainbow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_%28TV_series%29#The_.27adult.27_version
I can't decide if I'm disappointed or relieved. :) Thanks for the info, though.

Legendary
2007-02-25, 08:05 PM
Since I doubt (after reading the first three pages of junk) that ANYONE has mentioned this, allow me to ask this.

If Azure City is a SOUTHERN port city, against a SOUTHERN sea, HOW are boats being launched to the north? Look at the sun in the first. That's to the east. Azure City is on the right of that panel, where south is. The boats are headed north.

What's up with that?

Electric_Monkey
2007-02-25, 08:32 PM
Since I doubt (after reading the first three pages of junk) that ANYONE has mentioned this, allow me to ask this.

If Azure City is a SOUTHERN port city, against a SOUTHERN sea, HOW are boats being launched to the north? Look at the sun in the first. That's to the east. Azure City is on the right of that panel, where south is. The boats are headed north.

What's up with that?

How do you know that it's dawn and not sunset? Or that in OOTSland the sun doesn't rise in the west?

Thanatos
2007-02-25, 10:27 PM
How do you know that it's dawn and not sunset? Or that in OOTSland the sun doesn't rise in the west?
True on the sunset possibility, but... north and south, east and west are just arbitrary names anyhow. If it were translated from whatever language they have there, we'd just interpret their "sunrise direction" as being equivalent to "east", and base our translation of all the other directions off of that. Only if the planet had 90 degree axial tilt would the concept of directions have to be totally redefined, but the world of OotS seems to have Earthlike climates and seasons.

Legendary
2007-02-25, 10:39 PM
Why would it be sunset? IT WAS JUST NIGHT. And Redcloak said in #414 that they were attacking the next day. And the sun had set by that point.

Finally, all references to the attack suggested that the battle would take place all day long ('even if we manage to hold the city tomorrow' is a good example). So, no. It isn't sunset the next day.

Thanatos
2007-02-25, 11:42 PM
Let's test your theory:

Hmm...

http://www.partiallyclips.com/index.php?id=1072

Adeptus
2007-02-26, 02:53 AM
Well if you want to get real, a katana is a two-handed sword, and intended to be used that way. D&D just handles them as an alternate version of a bastard sword for mechanics purposes.
<snip>

One can indeed use a bastard sword (historically called a long sword) one handed, with a shield. Normally it's used two handed though.

Musashi was a fan of using a katana one handed, but I think he was a bit of a rebel in this. One loses a lot of the power of the katana's draw-cut when doing it one handed, I think.

Alfryd
2007-02-26, 06:44 AM
New comic is up. I think I managed to swing back as far in the other direction from #417 as possible...
The Lawful Good are cute when they're naive.
I actually burst out loud laughing at the last panel, but was filled with shame when it dawned this was filler.
I am not about to enoy filler! However hilarious it may superificially be!

(How does this generate 10 pages worth of response?)

Heh. I said "stretched".

Malgrim
2007-02-26, 07:16 AM
I really liked the strip, well, at least until I found out about a double entendres in the first 8 panels. Now i think the point was stressed way to far.

:roy: : "I dream of the day when I will learn to stop asking questions to which I will regret learning the answer."

Time to rename my junk-mail folder ...

Rhuna_Coppermane
2007-02-26, 08:05 AM
Time to rename my junk-mail folder ...

Considering the subject of most of it (or at least most of the junk mail I get), the title seems quite apropos.

AK-00
2007-02-26, 09:25 AM
This gratuitous and disrespectful abuse of the late Lord Shojos junk is highly disturbing. Am I the only one who feels that it's improper for his nephew to tamper with his junk so soon after his death?

GKBeetle
2007-02-26, 09:48 AM
There's not much funnier than a bunch of Lawful Good characters talking innocently about a paladin's 'junk'. Awesome comic. I laughed out loud the entire time.

nybbler
2007-02-26, 10:07 AM
Worst. Comic. Ever. Not even Belkar could save it.

(OK, that "junk" is not one of the euphemisms I commonly use or hear used for that item might have something to do with it. I understood it, but I didn't _get_ it)

As for the direction... coastlines are not straight.

delboy
2007-02-26, 10:11 AM
LMAO one of my favorite ones yet :)

CheezItMan
2007-02-26, 10:19 AM
LMAO one of my favorite ones yet :)

I dunno, it was funny, but not THAT funny.

You can't hit a home-run everytime, still the best web-comic out there.

:smallamused:

krossbow
2007-02-26, 10:57 AM
Poor belkar; missing out on all the great innuendo.

Pauwel
2007-02-26, 11:05 AM
Worst. Comic. Ever. Not even Belkar could save it.

(OK, that "junk" is not one of the euphemisms I commonly use or hear used for that item might have something to do with it. I understood it, but I didn't _get_ it)

As for the direction... coastlines are not straight.

Agreed. Order of the Stick is too good a comic to make a strip that is practically composed of nothing but penis jokes.

Very disappointing. Hopefully this will not become a trend.

Roderick_BR
2007-02-26, 11:29 AM
I think it was alright. A low jokes strip was bound to happen sooner or later.
And you guys are not noticing, the real joke is not the puns themselves, but Belkar's line in the end.

screwtape
2007-02-26, 11:50 AM
Lame.

Lame, lame, lame.

It wallows in an ocean of lameness.

On a Lame scale of 1 to 10, this was an 11.

It is so lame it makes Tiny Tim look like Bruce Jenner.

#418, thy name is Lameness.

LAME.

Donnie Draco
2007-02-26, 11:58 AM
Congratulations, Rich. You've created a strip that appeals completely to the lowest common denominator.

That does it for me. I'm all done with OOTS. Thanks for 417 good strips.

Greebo
2007-02-26, 12:00 PM
Meh.

Just...meh...

Porthos
2007-02-26, 01:14 PM
Agreed. Order of the Stick is too good a comic to make a strip that is practically composed of nothing but penis jokes.

Lame.

Lame, lame, lame.

It wallows in an ocean of lameness.

On a Lame scale of 1 to 10, this was an 11.

It is so lame it makes Tiny Tim look like Bruce Jenner.

#418, thy name is Lameness.

LAME.

Congratulations, Rich. You've created a strip that appeals completely to the lowest common denominator.

Meh.

Just...meh...

You guys are acting as if this is something new to the strip. :smalltongue:

Or have you all forgotten about this installment of OotS (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0028.html)? :smallbiggrin:

I hate to break it too you, but Lowest Common Denominator Sexual Humor is a long and establised tradition of this comic. :smallwink:

atteSmythe
2007-02-26, 01:14 PM
Huh. You're acting like this is the first 'low humor' strip, or like it's a portent of every strip to come. I guess a woman's menstrual cycle (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0237.html) and transgendering is inherently funnier than penises?

Also, boobies (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0123.html).
(http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0123.html)

Porthos
2007-02-26, 01:19 PM
Huh. You're acting like this is the first 'low humor' strip, or like it's a portent of every strip to come. I guess a woman's menstrual cycle (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0237.html) and transgendering is inherently funnier than penises?

Also, boobies. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0123.html)

Plus, there was the reference to the Treasure Type O (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0408.html) and to an infamous Super Bowl (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0035.html) Halftime Show (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0036.html). And those are just two more examples I can think off of the top of my head. :smallwink:

ETA: And let's not forget this classic (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0123.html). I fail to see much difference between than one and #418. :smalltongue:

MReav
2007-02-26, 01:43 PM

415. Roy being mistaken as the King of Nowhere I would say is frikkin' hilarious, if I had a lobotomy, and the Weapon's Dealer dealings in that small town was one big tribute to an unfunny Monty Python skit.

Greebo
2007-02-26, 02:32 PM
Huh. You're acting like this is the first 'low humor' strip, or like it's a portent of every strip to come.
(http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0123.html)
Not speaking for others here, but I'm not. I'm just reacting to this one comic for this one comic.

I also don't mind 'low humor'. I found the boobies thread and the "feminine products" joke to be very funny.

In part, the jokes felt... forced, unoriginal, and uninspired.

But I think that the BIG part of the reason for my "meh" reaction is because of the timing of the strip. The strip went from having a very serious, touching moment with Haley and Elan, to Jr. High low-brow humor. low-brow humor is all well and good in its place, but to come directly after such a well done and touching strip, I felt, diminished not only the humor value of this comic, but the sentimental value of the previous one.

It's somewhat akin, to my view, to a husband coming home, lavishing his wife with flowers and chocolates and a long, heartfelt statement concerning his devotion to and adoration of her, followed immediately by him going into the living room and popping in a "Girls Gone Wild" video...

I think this strip would have been much better placed if it had come not one, but several strips after the Haley/Elan moment. A few more strips in between that weren't quite so heavy but not so superficial would have done much to improve the flow overall.

My 0.02 platinum...FWIW

fwiffo
2007-02-26, 02:35 PM
He-he... Gotta love people who register to announce that they are leaving.

Moral indignation was a nice touch, too.

I think this strip would have been much better placed if it had come not one, but several strips after the Haley/Elan moment.

You might want to take a look at #84 and #86. In one, we have highly dramatic moment of Durkon's heart being ripped out and then with one strip in between we have an example of highly hilarious toilet humor. Both excellently done, I might add.

atteSmythe
2007-02-26, 02:37 PM
Greebo - aye, wasn't directed at you in particular. My post had been brewing for a while. ::shrugs::

I think my favorite part of this strip (which was probably a bit weaker than those Pothos and I linked, IMO) was the "Outstanding." I don't know why, but it just seems the perfect thing to say.

Adeptus
2007-02-26, 03:51 PM

Bah. If it was good enough for Monty Python, it's good enough for Rich.

Adeptus
2007-02-26, 03:55 PM
He-he... Gotta love people who register to announce that they are leaving.

Yeah. Because that's just what people do. Real people. Yup.

idioscosmos
2007-02-26, 04:17 PM
Bwah-hahahahaha

Hinjo's got big junk and I cannot lie
The brother paladins won't deny
When a girl walks in with a little-bitty mace and an anachronistic-for-a-Japanese-themed-culture* sheild in place
You get sprung....

Hokay...gotta leave this one alone.

* See Adeptus's post above

Skyserpent
2007-02-26, 04:42 PM
This.

Was.

Great.

Phoenix Talion
2007-02-26, 04:45 PM
*resists urge to sing "My Humps*

MY only wish is if that if the Giant was going to do a strip of "junk" jokes and a SW reference, he at least through in a line about "the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy".

Rai Thunder
2007-02-26, 04:49 PM
Hmm... this one made me smile, but I wasn't giantly impressed (no pun intended) until the last panel. Belkar's last panel wonders always make me laugh. :D

Tussy the Druid
2007-02-26, 05:23 PM
Some people take this comic too seriously. I'm pretty sure it's a comedy strip. As in, it's trying to be funny. And this kind of humor appeals to some kind of people.

I watched A new hope half an hour before I read this.

CGM3
2007-02-26, 07:07 PM
Bah. If it was good enough for Monty Python, it's good enough for Rich.

And now for something completely different: a man with three buttocks. :smalltongue:

(Sorry, channeling John Cleese there for a minute.)

PhoenixRisen
2007-02-26, 08:10 PM
Question; where did the ninjas go?

Answer; The pirates kicked their butts.

But really, what happened to them?

Alysar
2007-02-26, 08:18 PM
Sex is a part of life and is therefore just as legitimate a source of humor as anything else

Just my 2cp

Thanatos
2007-02-27, 03:34 AM
Sex is a part of life and is therefore just as legitimate a source of humor as anything else

Just my 2cp
True, but then again... the reason it's funny is because people are puritanically uptight about the subject, at least in a cultural sense, if not individually. If we didn't have so many taboos about the subject, we wouldn't be using euphemisms like "junk" and "package" anyway.

AK-00
2007-02-27, 08:50 AM
In all seriousness, I am dismayed that, in this day and age, there are still people who can't handle a wang joke. I mean, how much of a wuss do you have to be...?

Alysar
2007-02-27, 10:12 AM
True, but then again... the reason it's funny is because people are puritanically uptight about the subject, at least in a cultural sense, if not individually. If we didn't have so many taboos about the subject, we wouldn't be using euphemisms like "junk" and "package" anyway.

This is also true.

Vulion
2007-02-27, 05:00 PM
Personally I really like the strip, but of course I'm a sucker for puns and innuedo's, so I might be a bit biased.

I know some people were very dissapointed with the strips, but to me, it seems like Rich just had alot of fun making the strip. He went wild.:smallbiggrin: